PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Injuries

broncoslover115
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
This is really the first time I've paid attention to preseason. Can anyone explain why there are so many ACL and other major injuries this year? Is this normal or is this occurring at a higher rate?

I just saw that another WR on the Chargers suffered a season ending ACL tear in practice today, making about 8-9 I believe this season already.

Does this have to do with new rules, lack of conditioning or something else? Just really curious.

beastlyskronk
08-06-2013, 05:11 PM
That Chargers WR has had 5 surgeries on his left knee since his sophomore year in college. He was a 1st round talent that was undrafted because of the surgeries. Granted this was his right knee...

Everything seems per the usual. A lot of players suffer season ending injuries in training camp. I think we're about the same as where we were last year in terms of season ending injuries.

roushmartin6
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
I feel bad for DX, guy is super talented but his body just won't hold up to the punishment.

Houshmazode
08-06-2013, 08:11 PM
This is nothing out of the ordinary. There's always a good number of season ending injuries during camp and every year it seems like more than normal, but it's not.

Chillez
08-06-2013, 08:43 PM
There's always injury's each and every year it's part of the game. Some years have more as total than others. It sucks but it is what it is.