PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Sign Stokely

#24 Next Champ
08-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I continue to hate those ratbirds til we punish the hell out of them like what should've happened in the playoffs

58_VONDOOM_92
08-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Let them have stokely. Wont matter much when they play us this time around.

With no Bolden and Pitta they will still have a huge hole in there receiving corp.

JakeNbake
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Let them have stokely. Wont matter much when they play us this time around.

With no Bolden and Pitta they will still have a huge hole in there receiving corp.

Stokes may be old and slow but he's constantly open and doesn't drop the ball.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Stokely will tell Caldwell everything he knows about our offense.All the audibles,everything!This is another form of spygate imo.

samparnell
08-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Stokley covered by Chris Harris is an interesting matchup.

atwaterandstir
08-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Good for Stokely.....glad he got on somewhere, that guy is class act and a great teammate. He can be a big help especially with the middle of field warriors Bolden and Pitta out.
I bet he becomes a favorite on 3rd downs, much like hes always been.

GoManning
08-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Not them. :sad:

Why not the NFC instead

Peanut
08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I really dislike it when they get our players.

Stokely in purple? :sad:

Garfield
08-10-2013, 10:02 PM

that same old practice match up.. some wins some losses.. should be good especially since he is cover welker this year should be all that much better..

Good for Stokely.....glad he got on somewhere, that guy is class act and a great teammate. He can be a big help especially with the middle of field warriors Bolden and Pitta out.
I bet he becomes a favorite on 3rd downs, much like hes always been.

I like the guy think he will help their team.. for which I am not glad..

beastlyskronk
08-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I really dislike it when they get our players.

Stokely in purple? :sad:

It's where he started his career, he actually was with them when they won the super bowl. They were probably the only other team he would have went to.

I don't think he'll do much for them though, Flacco isn't Manning and Stokley isn't what he used to be.

SoundsOfSuccess
08-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Aaannddd the Ravens now know the Broncos offense.

Crap.

Hopefully Stokely can be successful against everyone but the Broncos though, I really like that guy. Scrappy.

fallforward3y+
08-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Stokely will tell Caldwell everything he knows about our offense.All the audibles,everything!This is another form of spygate imo.

That's the NFL for you, teams signing players that can tell them about other teams. The most effective use of it was the Pats signing Huard before the 03 AFCC game to tell them everything about Peyton. It's probably why the Pats signed Tebow, to help them practice defending the option.
Stokley should give them some insight on Manning as well, having a lot of experience with him.

Garfield
08-10-2013, 11:14 PM

Crap.

Hopefully Stokely can be successful against everyone but the Broncos though, I really like that guy. Scrappy.

Do you think they did not in the last game?

Our offense was stymied pretty much all game.

The ST kept us in the game withe stellar returns.

We are just going to have to execute better.
Not to mention shut down there passing game no more long ball.

fallforward3y+
08-10-2013, 11:18 PM
that same old practice match up.. some wins some losses.. should be good especially since he is cover welker this year should be all that much better..

I like the guy think he will help their team.. for which I am not glad.. Good point, covering Welker will help him get better at covering slot guys for sure. That is of course, assuming he actually tries in practice. Of course, those monster slot guys do have a slight edge over even good safeties, as nowadays they've become real good. It will be interesting to see, Stokely will certainly help them fill that void without Boldin for sure.

Garfield
08-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Good point, covering Welker will help him get better at covering slot guys for sure. That is of course, assuming he actually tries in practice. Of course, those monster slot guys do have a slight edge over even good safeties, as nowadays they've become real good. It will be interesting to see, Stokely will certainly help them fill that void without Boldin for sure.

Boudin is an animal. Stokely more of a finese kid a guy.

But still BS should help the team. To bad they did not,wait till a couple of days before the start of the season.

CoryWinget81
08-10-2013, 11:25 PM
His dad recently passed away too.

Poor guy.

#24 Next Champ
08-11-2013, 12:20 AM

Harris will dominate him

fallforward3y+
08-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Boudin is an animal. Stokely more of a finese kid a guy.

But still BS should help the team. To bad they did not,wait till a couple of days before the start of the season.

He won't fill the void completely, but he will help. They will miss Boldin running DBs over, but Stokley at least gives them a good 3rd and long target over the middle.

samparnell
08-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Denver's offense in 2013 won't be identical to the 2012 version. Adam Gase will have changed some things. Offenses tend to morph from season to season with different parts of the playbook receiving more emphasis and others less. For example, there may be more formations using 12 personnel. Alex Gibbs as a very involved "consultant" will result in some changes to the rushing attack.

Stokley doesn't play defense and he won't be in the ear of the Raven's Backer. Manning can switch his audibles, if necessary. During the 40 second playclock, the defense still must line up on the offense and PM usually uses that time to observe the defensive alignment and make changes.

CanDB
08-11-2013, 07:25 AM
I guess the old saying fits for The Ravens........"if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

As in, we want to be just like you.

;)

(but good luck to Brandon)

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Stoks waited around to get the call from the Broncos,he never got the call.

Props for hanging around this long! :salute:

I guess we all have to feed our families.......:coffee:

ERoyal248
08-11-2013, 08:28 AM

Crap.

How do they know the offense.

New OC, new players, among other things.

Sucks he's there but they still need a possession WR like Boldin. Or what Pitta would have been.

Using your logic, do we know the Pats O because we got Welker?

Peanut
08-11-2013, 09:24 AM
It's where he started his career, he actually was with them when they won the super bowl. They were probably the only other team he would have went to.

I don't think he'll do much for them though, Flacco isn't Manning and Stokley isn't what he used to be.

I live here, but I don't remember that.

Flacco thinks he's Manning. :D

LINEBACKER9
08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Makes sense for stokely and the ravens after the Pitta injury. Stoke has to feed the family and waited around for us. I'm happy he's been signed. Awesome player.

ERoyal248
08-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Makes sense for stokely and the ravens after the Pitta injury. Stoke has to feed the family and waited around for us. I'm happy he's been signed. Awesome player.

It's probably a league minimum deal.

Stokley has more than enough money.

ERoyal248
08-11-2013, 04:32 PM
They just signed Dallas Clark as well.

JayJack
08-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Stoke back in purple, good for him. I'm pretty sure it was a no brainer for him since he played there before and won a SB with them in 2000.

HUMCALC
08-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Good signings for them and a trip home for Stokely

GoManning
08-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Stokley is a good guy, so I wish him well just not against the Broncos.

Good times.
http://binaryapi.ap.org/4710ca8b39d64710b9ee7f6000ffa3d4/512x.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Peyton+Manning+Brandon+Stokley+Denver+Broncos+0pwc YZKzjq7l.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/003/004/035/hi-res-159358136_display_image.jpg
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/15/56/11/3596924/3/628x471.jpg

VADER72
08-12-2013, 05:15 AM
I'm not even worried about it. Love Stokley, but he isn't going to help them understand our O and neither is Dumbervil. If we had the same OC, then maybe but this is going to be a completely different look from last year. And Clark, one hard hit and he's done. His noodle is a little scrambled.

Skylan
08-12-2013, 06:50 AM
I hope Stokes can have a great season while the Ravens tank it. God I hate the ratbirds.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Caldwell working with his former players from the Colts again.Clark and Stokely will be good additions to the Ravens.A big part of me wish we could have both players,but I guess Elway knows something I don't know.

samparnell
08-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Caldwell working with his former players from the Colts again.Clark and Stokely will be good additions to the Ravens.A big part of me wish we could have both players,but I guess Elway knows something I don't know.

I had thought the Pats would get Clark. The loss of Pitta and the Caldwell connection make these acquisitions very logical on Ozzie's part. Due to their age, this is a temporary fix, but one which could prove very effective.

Houshmazode
08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I wish the best for Stokley, he's a class act as a player and human being. Too bad he went to the Ratbirds though.

Chillez
08-13-2013, 02:05 AM
I hate Stokley choice to go back to Baltimore. Oh well....

RaiderFanSD
08-13-2013, 02:09 AM
What's up with your guys' hate for the Ravens? Does it stem from that playoff loss??

ERoyal248
08-14-2013, 10:51 AM

We're 4 deep at TE, no need for Clark.

Stokley would of been nice but with Welker, no need for him unfortunately.

ERoyal248
08-14-2013, 10:52 AM
What's up with your guys' hate for the Ravens? Does it stem from that playoff loss??

Pretty much though I do like some of their players on the team.

Still hate them though.

Joshua2585
08-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Glad Stokley found a home. He is a class act. Not worried about the matchup though.