PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady injures knee

LINEBACKER9
08-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Just tweeted by Adam Schefter was on the ground holding his knee after a throw... lets see how this turns out.

RandomVariable
08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
He tweaked his knee, went to the sideline, was checked by the trainers and then went out for 3 more reps (all of them completions.) Then left practice with a trainer.

Hopefully it is just precautionary. One would think that if it was an ACL tearhe wouldn't have been allowed to return.

TheSheriff
08-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Brady is fine. He'll miss a practice or two at most. ESPN is blowing this way out of proportion.

BroncoFanBoy
08-14-2013, 01:04 PM
That would SUCK for the Patriots if he went down and missed significant time.

Glad he'll be fine.

ERoyal248
08-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Brady is fine. He'll miss a practice or two at most. ESPN is blowing this way out of proportion.

This times a billion.

RandomVariable
08-14-2013, 01:06 PM
And Tebow comes in and makes the play of the day with a TD to Edelman. lol can't make this stuff up.

#87Birdman
08-14-2013, 01:17 PM
And Tebow comes in and makes the play of the day with a TD to Edelman. lol can't make this stuff up.

thats it Tebow fans need to put up Bill boards for him to start :P

one5beast
08-14-2013, 01:43 PM
It's Tebows birthday...

if its a significant injury get ready for the circus

Mount-n-Groan
08-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Video. It's hard to tell how serious it was, but you can see how it happened and we've all seen this before. It could be nothing or it could be massive. :ugh:

7CAIgtECjwI

RandomVariable
08-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Video. It's hard to tell how serious it was, but you can see how it happened and we've all seen this before. It could be nothing or it could be massive. :ugh:

7CAIgtECjwI

Keep in mind that while he sat out the following play, he returned for 3 more reps, all of which were completions. Apparently he looked fine. He then consulted with Belichick, McDaniels, and trainers, and walked off on his own.

Bernie24
08-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't dismiss this as nothing until tomorrow when we hear official word from the Pats.

I have never torn anything in my knee, but isn't it somewhat common for, if it is torn clean, there to be little pain? I've seen lots of my friends walking around with torn ACLs. Based on my very limited knowledge of ligament tears it seems plausible to me that he could have torn something, felt little pain after wards, came back, still felt weird, went to get it checked out.

Unlikely but don't rule it out, he could be seriously hurt.

ERoyal248
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Keep in mind that while he sat out the following play, he returned for 3 more reps, all of which were completions. Apparently he looked fine. He then consulted with Belichick, McDaniels, and trainers, and walked off on his own.

For an ACL injury you can walk on it on that same day.

Happens all the time.

Hell, Rondo hurt his and played through it in the same game.

I doubt it's anything serious however.

Amari24
08-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't dismiss this as nothing until tomorrow when we hear official word from the Pats.

I have never torn anything in my knee, but isn't it somewhat common for, if it is torn clean, there to be little pain? I've seen lots of my friends walking around with torn ACLs. Based on my very limited knowledge of ligament tears it seems plausible to me that he could have torn something, felt little pain after wards, came back, still felt weird, went to get it checked out.

Unlikely but don't rule it out, he could be seriously hurt.

I'm pretty sure Elway played his entire career without an ACL.

Some people simply have a tear in the ACL and not a torn one. Derrick Rose tore his ACL and Rondo only had a tear in the ACL and was still playing on it.

BroncoFanBoy
08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Tom looked like he was still able to move his legs. I think he'll be fine for now.

RandomVariable
08-14-2013, 03:16 PM
@AdamSchefter: MRI on Patriots QB Tom Brady's knee was negative and he now is considered day to day, per ESPN source with knowledge of injury

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m

For #Patriots QB Tom Brady and his not-serious knee injury: I'm told it's a sprain. More tests tonight.

VADER72
08-14-2013, 05:29 PM
I will be honest, can't stand Brady. But I hope this isn't too major as he really is pretty special to watch. Kind of how I used to feel about our boy Manning killing us all the time. Now love the man! Everyone keeps saying he came back for 3 more plays, maybe its not serious or maybe a serious setback. I'm hoping more of a major setback for that team, not the player. But let's not forget RG3 last year. We all knew the man couldn't run in the playoffs, but did all he could. So those three plays after this doesn't mean anything right now.

RandomVariable
08-14-2013, 06:05 PM
I will be honest, can't stand Brady. But I hope this isn't too major as he really is pretty special to watch. Kind of how I used to feel about our boy Manning killing us all the time. Now love the man! Everyone keeps saying he came back for 3 more plays, maybe its not serious or maybe a serious setback. I'm hoping more of a major setback for that team, not the player. But let's not forget RG3 last year. We all knew the man couldn't run in the playoffs, but did all he could. So those three plays after this doesn't mean anything right now.

Schefter and Rapoport already confirmed it was not serious. It was just a sprain.

roushmartin6
08-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Its scares like this that make me wait till after the third preseason game to sign up for fantasy football lol

EddieMac
08-16-2013, 12:25 PM
He's practicing with a brace and playing tonight. Nothing major obviously. Good news for the Pats

Freyaka
08-16-2013, 01:13 PM
He's practicing with a brace and playing tonight. Nothing major obviously. Good news for the Pats

Bad news for the rest of us......The year he was gone was the best year of football in ages...But I guess I'm glad for him it's not major....

BroncoSynapses
08-16-2013, 05:24 PM
He's sure looking fine tonight! Geez, doesn't matter who he throws to, he just gets the job done.

RandomVariable
08-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Brady and the receiving corps look good tonight. I'm not worried about our O at all this season. In fact, it looks superior to our O at the same stage last year.

RandomVariable
08-16-2013, 05:34 PM
BTW I've never seen Welker make the catch Amendola did on that TD. Amendola is a beast tonight.

Matymaddog
08-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I've seen Welker make that catch quite a few times. I'm not even a Pats fan. Also, that was clearly a smoke screen injury be belichek. The shadiest coach of them all. I can't hate though cause I friends with his son. Played lax at Rut with my boy and lived with him most of his years there.

Also, the Bucs had the league worst pass defense in the league last year. The Eagles were right there with them. Hardly two games to base the efficiency of the pass game off of but Brady looks just as good as ever

RandomVariable
08-16-2013, 07:28 PM
I've seen Welker make that catch quite a few times. I'm not even a Pats fan. Also, that was clearly a smoke screen injury be belichek. The shadiest coach of them all. I can't hate though cause I friends with his son. Played lax at Rut with my boy and lived with him most of his years there.

Also, the Bucs had the league worst pass defense in the league last year. The Eagles were right there with them. Hardly two games to base the efficiency of the pass game off of but Brady looks just as good as ever

Their secondary has been vastly improved though. However, Revis didn't play tonight so it wasn't as strong as it could have been.

Having said that the O still looks better now than it did in the preseason last year. In fact, the O didn't start clicking until about game 3 or 4 of the regular season. Not saying that this will necessarily translate into success come September, but it's looking very good. And as I've been saying, we do not miss Wes.

broncoslover115
08-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Brady and the Offense look really good to me. Doesn't seem like they've lost a step at all.

Matymaddog
08-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Their secondary has been vastly improved though. However, Revis didn't play tonight so it wasn't as strong as it could have been.

Having said that the O still looks better now than it did in the preseason last year. In fact, the O didn't start clicking until about game 3 or 4 of the regular season. Not saying that this will necessarily translate into success come September, but it's looking very good. And as I've been saying, we do not miss Wes.

I don't know about vastly improved in the scope of tonight though. Leonard Johnson is seasoned another year but he didn't have much competition last year. Tom Brady picked on him all night. I like Johnthan Banks but he's still a rookie. Revis didn't play as mentioned. They cut Wright, which was warranted.

The O will always be good as long as Tom Brady is there. The recievers don't really matter when Brady is your QB. He won three superbowls and the biggest name recievers on those teams was Dieon Branch who dissapeared outside of NE and IMO its cause he was never all that good. I believe Welker was that good. They reinvigorated Moss's career. Might I add, I was really looking forward to TJ Moe before he got hurt. He's the next Welker IMO regardless of Amendola. Real bummed he got injured. That guy is gonna be a beast in the slot IMO. Amendola has more versatility and can split out wide

RandomVariable
08-16-2013, 08:22 PM
And just keep in mind - we will be getting the best TE in the world back soon too. This O will be very good. 1st team D looked good too.