View Full Version : Tebow Released by Patriots

Broncoholic JS
08-31-2013, 08:21 AM
Per Adam Schefter and other sources.

Where does he go now?

CoryWinget81
08-31-2013, 08:22 AM
http://s3.ezlocal.com/img/p/2012/1/94920/25-state_farm_insurance_logo.jpg

In all seriousness, this is most likely the end for Tebow.

ERoyal248
08-31-2013, 08:26 AM
If he couldn't cut it literally with his former coach who drafted him and BB, not sure anyone else will go after him.

Who knows though.

FL BRONCO
08-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Maybe Canada, maybe a different position, maybe a new career. We will see. Thanks TT for some good memories and for being a class act on and off the field while you were here. I wish him the best of luck.

combo-breaker
08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
https://sphotos-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1239796_10202075420632952_1287032995_n.jpg

one5beast
08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
not surprised. his career his done.

BroncoFanBoy
08-31-2013, 10:03 AM
I would've been shocked if the Pats kept him. He looked so awful in the preseason.

aberdien
08-31-2013, 10:04 AM
It was fun while it lasted.

Peanut
08-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Maybe Canada, maybe a different position, maybe a new career. We will see. Thanks TT for some good memories and for being a class act on and off the field while you were here. I wish him the best of luck.

Nice post. Pretty much how I feel.

I'm surprised that the Pats even got him in the first place. Just didn't feel right, even with McD there.

CoryWinget81
08-31-2013, 10:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTAh9qECAAA-CNX.png:large

JT24Champ
08-31-2013, 11:57 AM

i agree. Thanks tim for a season most broncos will remember. Hell of a roller coaster and a playoff game i will never forget. Thanks TT :salute:

HurricaneDovs
08-31-2013, 12:02 PM
He really should just bite the bullet and switch positions. Do something to save your career.

If not he's probably looking at the end of his NFL chances.

broncolee
08-31-2013, 12:42 PM
This is probably it for Timmy. I doubt he gets another shot.

Someone might give him a tryout at another position but he would probably have to be amazing in that tryout in order to get signed. He's really not cut out to play any other position and it's doubtful that he would even consider it.

mojo0730
08-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Nice post. Pretty much how I feel.

I'm surprised that the Pats even got him in the first place. Just didn't feel right, even with McD there.

I disagree. I think the Patriots were a perfect place for Tebow to wind up. On top of having the coach there who originally drafted him and thought highly enough of him to take him in the first round, he had the best coach and the best quarterback from which to learn.

What surprises me is that the Patriots somehow thought Tebow would be better than he is/was, and cut him. I mean, what exactly did they think they were getting with him when they originally signed him that they're not getting with him now?

samparnell
08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh, Canada!

BroncoFanNC
08-31-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't see Tebow at another position, why not give that position to a UDFA guy that has already learned the position that just needs coaching and time? 4th year in the NFL is not exactly an ideal time to try out something else...

Mk2_Tebow
08-31-2013, 10:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTAh9qECAAA-CNX.png:large

Cory congrats on rooting against him so hard and so long , you should be proud of yourself . It's been obvious to me for years now that your sheer hatred of him extends way beyond the football field .

Houshmazode
09-01-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTc20rkFuU

ruksak
09-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Cory congrats on rooting against him so hard and so long , you should be proud of yourself . It's been obvious to me for years now that your sheer hatred of him extends way beyond the football field .

It's not about rooting against him.

It's about recognizing a stunning lack of talent as well as recognizing that many people are behind Tebow for reasons outside of football.

CoryWinget81
09-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Cory congrats on rooting against him so hard and so long , you should be proud of yourself . It's been obvious to me for years now that your sheer hatred of him extends way beyond the football field . Hahahahahahahahahaha

BroncoFanNC
09-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Don't be so mean to the transient player fans Cory. The Tebow ones are extremely fragile at this point. Even the one that annoys Shannon Sharpe daily about Tebow hasn't tweeted once since being released...

Denver Mike
09-01-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTc20rkFuU

Hey! I went to that at First Take in Denver at Jacksons.. It was a lot of fun, and a ton cute chikas. Skip signed my kid's shirt.

Denver Mike
09-01-2013, 03:26 PM

Cory just says it how it is MK2_Tebow.. He's been around long enough for most of us to get that.

Denver Mike
09-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Don't be so mean to the transient player fans Cory. The Tebow ones are extremely fragile at this point. Even the one that annoys Shannon Sharpe daily about Tebow hasn't tweeted once since being released...

Lol ^.....

ruksak
09-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Skip signed my kid's shirt.

You have drastically lowered the value of your child's shirt.

baphamet
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
It's not about rooting against him.

It's about recognizing a stunning lack of talent as well as recognizing that many people are behind Tebow for reasons outside of football.

i wouldn't say it is a lack of talent IMO, the kid was a great college football QB. the problem is his game just didn't translate to the NFL.

in college and HS he never took snaps from under center, he was almost exclusively in shotgun all of the time. some people don't realize that when you take snaps under center your reads are a lot harder and when you drop back you have to take your eyes off of the defense and then turn around and make another read within seconds.

in shotgun you never take your eyes off of the defense and can see much better. never mind the fact that his footwork was and is atrocious which has a huge barring on his accuracy, even more than his throwing motion. in college you can get away with that kind of stuff because the windows you have to hit a target are much bigger than the tiny windows in the NFL where you need to "thread the needle"

tebow basically had to learn how to be an NFL QB from scratch the moment he got drafted. it was always an uphill battle for him to become a viable starter, a battle i and many others knew he would likely not overcome.

fallforward3y+
09-01-2013, 11:45 PM
I disagree. I think the Patriots were a perfect place for Tebow to wind up. On top of having the coach there who originally drafted him and thought highly enough of him to take him in the first round, he had the best coach and the best quarterback from which to learn.

What surprises me is that the Patriots somehow thought Tebow would be better than he is/was, and cut him. I mean, what exactly did they think they were getting with him when they originally signed him that they're not getting with him now?

The Pats don't run a Tebow style offense, and they don't do experiments trying to force people to mature. Unless they actually saw something in him they could use, he wouldn't have been signed. I always thought they signed him to simulate an option QB on the scout team, BB has a history of uncommon purposes, such as signing Huard in 2003 to tell them everything there was to know about Manning before the AFCC game, since he had been Manning's back up.

I'm guessing they released him because they figured that wasn't much of a need, because I think the only option QB they face this year is Newton for one game(correct me if I'm wrong).

There are always late bloomers, and I do take a never say never mentality, but it's not wise to try and change a player's style around once they reach the NFL. When you've been doing it one way for awhile, and been successful at it, it's hard to change and it's not worth the time for a team to put effort into it.

Tebow at this point needs the running element to be successful as a QB. He is a terrible passer at an NFL level, and when he does do well(the occasional deep ball and the 4th quarter) it only happens because of teams respecting his run. He wouldn't even be good enough to start in college playing like a conventional pocket QB.

GoManning
09-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Begins at 1:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNjr8OnQ16g

johntbronco
09-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Don't worry about Tebow. He can just go hit the speaking circuit for 100k-150k a pop!

http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampletalent/5229/tim-tebow/

fallforward3y+
09-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't see Tebow at another position, why not give that position to a UDFA guy that has already learned the position that just needs coaching and time? 4th year in the NFL is not exactly an ideal time to try out something else... for the most part your right, although I do think tebow could make a good FB or short yardage back

samparnell
09-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Learning to block for the first time in your life against front seven NFL defenders sounds like a difficult task. As has been frequently discussed recently, all backs must block, but it is especially true for Fullbacks.

JJBroncoFan
09-05-2013, 12:20 PM
i wouldn't say it is a lack of talent IMO, the kid was a great college football QB. the problem is his game just didn't translate to the NFL.

in college and HS he never took snaps from under center, he was almost exclusively in shotgun all of the time. some people don't realize that when you take snaps under center your reads are a lot harder and when you drop back you have to take your eyes off of the defense and then turn around and make another read within seconds.

in shotgun you never take your eyes off of the defense and can see much better. never mind the fact that his footwork was and is atrocious which has a huge barring on his accuracy, even more than his throwing motion. in college you can get away with that kind of stuff because the windows you have to hit a target are much bigger than the tiny windows in the NFL where you need to "thread the needle"

tebow basically had to learn how to be an NFL QB from scratch the moment he got drafted. it was always an uphill battle for him to become a viable starter, a battle i and many others knew he would likely not overcome.

This is an excellent post and I agree 100%. He gave it his best shot and was a class act all the way. Its too bad some people are so small they root for a good person to fail, that's pathetic and that's why their life is pathetic.

I bet tim will never be begging on a message board lmao.

CoryWinget81
09-05-2013, 01:40 PM
This is an excellent post and I agree 100%. He gave it his best shot and was a class act all the way. Its too bad some people are so small they root for a good person to fail, that's pathetic and that's why their life is pathetic.

I bet tim will never be begging on a message board lmao.

I make fun of him just like I make fun of every other media overhyped player that washes out.

Especially ones from Florida.

JJBroncoFan
09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I make fun of him just like I make fun of every other media overhyped player that washes out.

Especially ones from Florida.

Good for you, doesn't change anything though.

-Rod-
09-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Tebow has failed. It's time to admit it and move on.

broncolee
09-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I admit that Tebow has failed.

I wish him the best though.

I don't know how genuine he is because I don't know him personally but at least he appears to be trying to do good.