PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 1: 2013 Ravens vs Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Elway
09-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Hello Broncomaniacs.

Here we are for the start of another great football season.

What a strange long trip it has been, it has been a long 7 months.
Ravens won the Superbowl after an improbable run
Flacco got a huge contract while losing a nice portion of his team mates
Elvis left the building due to fax gate
Welker found a QB out west he could play catch with
Miller dropped a sample and was dropped from the lineup for 6 weeks

and yet here we are where we left off, a game in the public spot light, in Denver verse the Ravens
and Elvis will be on the field. The more things change, the more they stay the same....
well maybe... I'm hoping for a different outcome this time.

Is it a revenge game.... nah not so much. If it was a game to end the Raven's season I might think that, but at the start it just a chance to see if we are ready to start this year off right. Last season Manning took a few weeks to find his mojo and he did in spectacular fashion against the Chargers that led to an amazing 11 game winning streak.

Not sure what the record will be this year, but I think we still have enough mile high magic to do some damage this year. The preseason is over, time to show what we are really made of

Opening day. Let's take a look at how we do opening day. Over the last 10 years we are 6-4 on opening day.
We were 2-1 at home and and 4-3 on the road during that time.

Over the last decade we played the Ravens 6 times in the reg season twice at home and four times on the road
We won twice at home on 05 & 06 . Of the four away game we loss in 03, 09, & 10 but won last year.
The post season ---- We'll let's not go there.

I am hoping for a great year, We got three great receivers in Thomas, Decker and Welker.
I love our 3 running backs, Ball, Moreno and Hillman (If he can hold on to the ball)
I love Julian Thomas as a TE and hopefully the tweaks to the D help us on that side of the ball.

Emotions are hyped for this game. How could they not be. The Ravens will still be a formidable opponent. We just need to play the way we are capable of. Emotions will be running high on the board also so please be careful of what you post. The Mods will be around so please follow the rules of the COC. Contact the mod staff with any issues and report any bad posts.

As always enjoy yourself and the game and let's hope we end the Night healthy and with a Big "W"
Welcome to the new season and GO BRONCOS!

PS - looking forward to watching the game this season with my son Myles. He will be decked out on Thursday on his Broncos Onesie - we are starting him off right! :logo:

******BONUS INFORMATION FOR TOMORROW********* Courtesy of JWINN

The timeline of events for the game

GAME DAY DETAILS

The game will broadcast on NBC KUSA-TV Channel 9, KOA (850 AM)/The Fox (103.5 FM)

National Anthem: Danielle Bradbery, Season 4 Winner of NBC’s The Voice

Color Guard: 7 Groups – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Police, Fire and Coast Guard

TIMELINE OF EVENTS
6:16 – Players leave the field
6:19 – Stampede/Broncos fight song
6:21 – Bailey’s Moving and Storage Game Ball Delivery
6:22 – Thunderstorm
6:26 – Parade of Colors
6:29 – NFL Countdown to Kickoff Moment
6:31 – Broncos Introductions
6:33 – Ravens Introductions
6:35 – Coin Toss Presentation with Terrell Davis as the Alumni Captain
6:37 - National Anthem performed by Danielle Bradbery
6:40 – Kickoff

•Half-time Entertainment: CSU Rams Marching Band

Complimentary Broncos GameDay Magazines (to first 45,000 fans) will be available for Sports Authority Field at Mile High patrons to pick-up at all stadium entrances upon entry.

NOTE!! That the Ravens are to be introduced AFTER the Broncos. 1st time that's ever happened. Just a bit of trivia...

LegionOfVonDoom
09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Chritmas eve is today. Tomorrow our Christmas begins.

Broncoholic3233
09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am so excite!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :helmet::goz::logo:

Houshmazode
09-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Kick the crap out of those Ratbirds.

Elway
09-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah booooyyysss (and girls) It's that time!

I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!! :)

LINEBACKER9
09-04-2013, 07:01 PM
First time in the boards for the beginning of the season. My body is ready.

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2013, 07:04 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

--- STOMP THE ravinz !!! ---

GO "D" --- SACK flacco !!!

Denver 44
ravinz 13

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Go 12th Man !
Rock the House !!!

Stay healthy Broncos.
Please, no injuries !

GO BRONCOS "D" !!!
TAKE DOWN flacco AT MILE HIGH !!!

Peanut
09-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Good to see you, Elway!

Thanks, JWinn for the added information.

I am so ready for this game.

Be safe players. And fans. Of both teams.

:salute:

BroncoFanBoy
09-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Let"s go Broncos!!!

Send Flukeo back to Baltimore crying and ashamed of his performance!!

Rancid
09-04-2013, 07:19 PM
I hope they at least double the spread and Franklin schools Dumervil.

EddieMac
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Wont be modding but please be good to everyone that is. Posting from the Rockies game right now. 4-1 top of the 6th. Love This city!

Go broncos. And see some of you at the game!

andrewmlb
09-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Go Broncos, Keep Peyton upright and we have a chance!

BIGB83
09-04-2013, 07:38 PM
We've been waiting a long..agonizing. .8mmonths but its finally Christmas eve!!! Let's go!!! Man I don't wanna work
tomorrow...lord knows I won't be doing anything anyway!

SoundsOfSuccess
09-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I have a feeling Shaun Phillips and Robert Ayers are gonna show up to play tommorow.

Should be a good precursor to a potential playoff game!

Cajun
09-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Is it a revenge game.... nah not so much. If it was a game to end the Raven's season I might think that

Thats a great statement that all bronco fans need to consider in itself. Its a new season, what happened last year, good or ill, was last year. this year the ravens ARE NOT the same team. The broncos.. well I think the additions are just as good if not better than what we had last year. The things I hope for tomorrow is everybody comes out healthy, the broncos win, and theres no controversy.

Rancid
09-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I am excited but I might have to pass on watching it and record the game since there is a really good romantic comedy movie on Lifetime.

OrangeCrush_304
09-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I am excited but I might have to pass on watching it and record the game since there is a really good romantic comedy movie on Lifetime.

Wait... what?. Umm

elecshoc
09-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Go Broncos :salute:

BroncoFanNC
09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I paid for this chat room for all Bronco fans to use, so if you guys want to join us on game day, everyone is welcome!

http://www.chatzy.com/BroncosChat

Cajun
09-04-2013, 08:21 PM

what?!...... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORouZ-qOgg).....

CNETT324
09-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Wooooooo lets go Broncos

LINEBACKER9
09-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Been just searching information on tomorrows game for about 4 hours. I can't wait.

njmanningfan
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
what?!...... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORouZ-qOgg).....

Haha, maybe a nice dinner will do the trick, so you can record the movie for your lady instead of ...

Broncoholic JS
09-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Even if I am watching it at home with my wife, I expect to have no voice come Friday morning!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Elway
09-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Good to see you, Elway!

Thanks, JWinn for the added information.

I am so ready for this game.

Be safe players. And fans. Of both teams.

Nice to be seen - here is hoping to another great season! :beer:

Peanut
09-04-2013, 09:02 PM

:laugh:

I like you. :D

RunYouOver
09-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh man...I've been waiting so long for us to get revenge...let's go! :D

Peerless
09-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Can't wait. Go Broncos!! !

Broncoholic JS
09-04-2013, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DUmUutkD3w

Hey Baltimore, you are going to get THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

VADER72
09-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I can't sleep!

BroncoFanNC
09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Jimmy Fallons puppy predictor just predicted the Broncos to win. :D

dsmith275
09-04-2013, 10:10 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

--- STOMP THE ravinz !!! ---

GO "D" --- SACK flacco !!!

Denver 44
ravinz 13

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Go 12th Man !
Rock the House !!!

Stay healthy Broncos.
Please, no injuries !

GO BRONCOS "D" !!!
TAKE DOWN flacco AT MILE HIGH !!!

Good to see your game day post again! Broncos are back!

Broncos724
09-04-2013, 10:15 PM
So glad the NFL season is here! Wish I could be out in Denver for the opening of the season, but hopefully we'll be doing it again next year and I can go then :salute:

dandaman23
09-04-2013, 10:18 PM
I cannot wait for this game. I probably wont sleep much which is fine considering I got the day off tomorrow! Hopefully this time tomorrow night we will all be sitting here talking about how awesome the beat down we just put on the ratbirds was. I dont think I have ever been so excited for the start of a season.

Broncoholic JS
09-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I felt compelled to put on my Shannon Sharpe jersey from High School just now. It's like Christmas Eve!!!

JakeNbake
09-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Let's go Broncos woot woot

Canmore
09-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Football...it's back. Go Broncos!!!

King Lycan
09-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Can't sleep to excited

MeytonPanning
09-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Long time lurker. I figured a good first post would be on an opening day thread especially for a game like this. So excited.. Can't sleep.

GoManning
09-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Let's Go Broncos! :logo:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e5ce2fcfed9c4b3ef931a61b978c40f9/tumblr_msn325GCIN1shcu57o1_500.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibbYcMNQLmLFJR.gif

Remedy
09-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Forget Christmas.... it's NFL KICKOFF...

Co-incidently when I did the schedule this week I took thusday and sunday off.

VenomousDB
09-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Wont be modding but please be good to everyone that is. Posting from the Rockies game right now. 4-1 top of the 6th. Love This city!

Go broncos. And see some of you at the game!

Hey I went to the game as well. It was a good one!
I should have my tickets for the Broncos in the morning

VenomousDB
09-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Cannot believe they are being introduced 2nd though........any word as to why that is? Ohhhhhhhhhhh wait nvm.

dizzolve
09-05-2013, 12:03 AM
I felt compelled to put on my Shannon Sharpe jersey from High School just now. It's like Christmas Eve!!!

The Shannon Bronco Jersey right? Not the Baltimore one?

dizzolve
09-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Who do you think will be the most outstanding player for the Broncos on Thursday.

My prediction is Wes Welker.

If he plays like he did in preseason, I think a lot of Bronco fans will be double taking. It might not surprise some. And I'm not exactly going out on a limb here. If Wes can stay healthy all season long, the Broncos will be in good hands. If Welker has a big day I suspect the Broncos CAN dominate the time of possession battle, which will be critical until Von get's back.

I know we've all had time to absorb the fact that Welker is a Bronco. And we got a small taste of what he can do in Preseason. But take a moment to think about what an acquisition this is for us again. I can't think of a better receiver that suits Manning's game than Welker.

Here's to a HUGE season on offense.

As excited as I am about our offense this season, I have a lot of questions on the defensive side.

We finished #2 defense last season, but if you tracked the season, it didn't exactly feel like a #2 defense, did it? Personally, I didn't think so. Stats are stats but the eye test just didn't quite measure up to #2 for me.

Broncos need to gel on D and gel early. Von being out is such a downer for Bronco Nation (fans and team). Lets hope a couple players emerge like Woodyard did when DJ was suspended. Even when DJ was out, I had confidence in Woodyard and felt he could get it done. And he did. But this season with Von out (and what I'd seen in preseason), I don't have the same confidence. To be fair, it was just preseason and those questions I have are due to not seeing much of the guys to fill in.

Time to test our depth - I hope the D surprises me. JDR is capable. And we have talent. We've added meat to the middle.

Go Broncos!!

GoManning
09-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Broncos vs. Ravens: Movie Trailer

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-vs-Ravens-Movie-Trailer/55335112-b372-4d44-810e-9776623645be

VenomousDB
09-05-2013, 12:33 AM
go broncos go broncos go broncos go broncos go broncos

Mile_High_Kiwi
09-05-2013, 12:40 AM
So happy the season starts tomorrow! I'm taking the day off work to watch it, kick off is at midday in New Zealand. Let's go Broncos!!!:goz:

Remedy
09-05-2013, 12:46 AM
So happy the season starts tomorrow! I'm taking the day off work to watch it, kick off is at midday in New Zealand. Let's go Broncos!!!:goz:

:salute: sounds like a damn fine way to spend the day... watching the Broncos destroy the ravens.

100%Broncoholic
09-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Oh this may well be the longest 15.5 hrs ever!

Lets go Broncos!!!

Thrasher
09-05-2013, 03:36 AM
Jeez! I'm excited like a little kid on Christmas...

garzjoe
09-05-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm ready for some FOOTBALL! Some real FOOTBALL not that preseason stuff they pass off as real FOOTBALL!

Go Broncos! Hope to see all my Bronco fans in the parking lot and at the game! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!

Thx,
Joe

HDbroncos02
09-05-2013, 04:40 AM
I'M EXCITED!!! Football is BACK!! A primetime, kickoff game against the Ravens is a perfect way to start the season. Let's go BRONCOS!!! :goz:

obi-groo
09-05-2013, 05:05 AM
So Champ is out. Do you think this is a big deal? I thought I read that he hasn't been playing as well as he once had so maybe it doesn't matter. Is this something the Ravens can take advantage of?

Skylan
09-05-2013, 05:35 AM
So Champ is out. Do you think this is a big deal? I thought I read that he hasn't been playing as well as he once had so maybe it doesn't matter. Is this something the Ravens can take advantage of?

It's going to hurt not having Champ for outside run support on Rice. However, I think our secondary is pretty stacked and the ones we put out on the field might just be faster (better?) at pass defense than if Bailey was out there against Tory Smith or the other guy, forget his name.

That being said, damn 12 hours to go. I got a full day of work and a softball game to get through, it's going to drag on!

MarkB
09-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Can't wait!

Go Broncos!!!!

moto4669
09-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Gameday!!!!!!!:goz:

Broncbeat
09-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Go Broncos!

johntbronco
09-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Long time lurker. I figured a good first post would be on an opening day thread especially for a game like this. So excited.. Can't sleep.

Welcome! Hope to see you post more!

I have been waiting FOREVER for this day! is it kickoff time yet????

bronco30
09-05-2013, 07:15 AM
man im nervous already n still 10 hours away going to be a long day....hopefully its a long night for the ravens

2 Minute Warning
09-05-2013, 07:21 AM
GO DENVER!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/jovibrat/smilies/cheerleaderpink.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/jovibrat/smilies/cheerleaderpink.gif

Lets get the season off to a good start and get that other :rolleyes: game behind us.
Here's to a good season.:ok::logo:

EvertonBroncos
09-05-2013, 07:28 AM
So good to have Elway's gameday threads back! Disregarding my job for a night as I stay up until about 5AM for the game, let's hope the 2 hours sleep are worth it... :goz:

brutledge79
09-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Congrats on your son! My wife and I just had our 2nd, a wee boy Tanner, he will be fully decked out as well! Love watching football with my kiddos!

We are going to crush the Ratbirds! Peyton and Co. are gonna hang 42+ on them!! Welcome back to Denver flacco, you will leave a sad boy!

skate_d3
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Woo I can't wait. I want to drop 50 on those dirty birds. I'd settle for a nice juicy 40 burger though.

BroncoCanuck
09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
It's been a long wait from last season's tragic ending until this point. My only hope is we completely embarrass the Ravens tonight. I was shocked to see the experts unanimously picking the Ravens. A Broncos win tonight officially takes the bad taste of last year out of my mouth. Not sure you ever fully get over a loss like that but it's a start. Go Broncos!

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 08:21 AM
It's going to be a loooooooong day! I am excited, nervous, anxious and want this game to hurry, hurry up and get here.

I am praying that we put a beat down on the Ravens tonight, especially after listening to NFL Network last night where one commentator by the name if Heath (can't remember his last name, but used to play for the Pats) say that he hopes the Ravens come out and crush and dominate us so they can show that last years win wasn't a fluke.

He also said that we had nothing but 3rd stringers on D.

So, come on Broncos, go for the throats tonight. No conservative play, no letting up. Pedal to the metal all the way!

Houshmazode
09-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Mark Jackson picked Baltimore.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r439/Graffix_God/Gif%20Images/dothat.jpg

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Mark Jackson picked Baltimore.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r439/Graffix_God/Gif%20Images/dothat.jpg

You mean Tom Jackson, right ?

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Wow, Jaws, Jackson, Mort, Ditka and Keyshon also pick Baltimore.

EddieMac
09-05-2013, 08:29 AM
No injuries no injuries no injuries in injuries no injuries no injuries no injuries no injuries

Houshmazode
09-05-2013, 08:40 AM
You mean Tom Jackson, right ?
Yes. :duh:

I had a mountain dew for breakfast.

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes. :duh:

I had a mountain dew for breakfast.

See, that right there is your problem. You should have had a cold one to get your head in the game. :laugh:

Ehveek03
09-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Wow, Jaws, Jackson, Mort, Ditka and Keyshon also pick Baltimore.
It's All good I'd rather be the under dogs

brutledge79
09-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, Peyton & Co. have been prepping for this game since the sched was announced. We are going to bury the ravens. Flacco is no leader, they don't have ray ray, in fact, they lost the heart and soul that has been the ravens for the better part of a decade. This will be fun to watch! Can't wait!!!!! 630 MST cannot get here soon enough!

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, Peyton & Co. have been prepping for this game since the sched was announced. We are going to bury the ravens. Flacco is no leader, they don't have ray ray, in fact, they lost the heart and soul that has been the ravens for the better part of a decade. This will be fun to watch! Can't wait!!!!! 630 MST cannot get here soon enough!

Yup, so much so that Ray Rice had to invite Ray Lewis to come back, run out of the tunnel and be on the sidelines with them. Very sad that they are still clinging to RL, which to me means, they can't cultivate any internal leadership without him. Boo hoo!

Carlo Marx
09-05-2013, 09:37 AM
It's going to be a loooooooong day! I am excited, nervous, anxious and want this game to hurry, hurry up and get here.

Man it's been a long day already! 5.30pm here in Wales and still 8 hours to wait! Needless to say I've got nothing done in work today just been daydreaming about destroying the filthy Ratbirds tonight but realistically I think it's gonna be a close one...31-27 to the Broncos, DRC and Wes Welker to be the stand out performers..

Brohemoth
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
We all better pray to the pass rush gods before this game.

Broncs_for_life
09-05-2013, 09:44 AM
GAME DAY! I have to admit, I am a bit nervous. Mostly because of our Defense without Miller and Champ.

I REALLY hope we flat out obliterate them but I think it will be close.

Would love to see Wolfe and Sly BOTH put Fluko on his back.

Most importantly...RBs....KEEP #18 UPRIGHT!

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Man it's been a long day already! 5.30pm here in Wales and still 8 hours to wait! Needless to say I've got nothing done in work today just been daydreaming about destroying the filthy Ratbirds tonight but realistically I think it's gonna be a close one...31-27 to the Broncos, DRC and Wes Welker to be the stand out performers..

Hi there Carlo Max, how did you become a Broncos fan living in Wales? I love hearing about stories of fandom!

I want to hear over and over...,Manning to Welker, Manning long to DT and what a great breakout run.

I hope our D has a chip on their shoulders and flattens Flacco and neutralizes Doom. Have a great day waiting. Hurry, Hurry!

ruksak
09-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Good luck tonight, Broncos fans!!

johntbronco
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
less than 7 hours...waiting...waiting....tic..tic..tic...

FlagOnThePlay
09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Here is to a good game.

No injuries to either teams

DRC to get 2 picks of Flacco tonight

Broncos by 10

GO BRONCOS !!

BIGB83
09-05-2013, 12:08 PM
is it 5:30 yet?! Sitting here at my desk listening to a live stream of 104.3 The Fan staring at the clock...and on top of it its waaaaay slow today...ugh!! LETS GO DENVER!!!!:salute:

GoManning
09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Broncos will have Ratbirds for dinner tonight. :D

dizzolve
09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Jeff Fischer has some really nice things to say about the Denver offense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238361/article/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-ready-to-sprint-from-the-start

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Only about 4 hours to go. Currently watching the Broncos/Chargers MNF game from last season to help pass the time. I cannot wait for this game. I have a really good feeling about this game, and more importantly this season.

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Yipeeee, I just got two brand new Broncos shirts delivered just in time. The Pro Shop told me yesterday I wasn't going to get them until Saturday. Happy Surprise.

Hurry, Hurry! :laugh:

58_VONDOOM_92
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
OMG im so nervous. This is the time of year i grow alot of grey hairs.

Go broncos destroy these ratbirds!

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Anybody know when the pre game starts on NBC?

bronco30
09-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Anybody know when the pre game starts on NBC?

6;30pm central time

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 02:48 PM
The anxiety is starting to go up!! It must be getting closer to game time.

SmokeBassett
09-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't see much difference between this game and the playoff game, especially as far as CB play is concerned. Ideally, the Ravens will see DRC, Harris and Jammer, which is not too different from Bailey, Harris and whomever it was.

The big question is, Will our safeties play any different?

I suspect that IF Baltimore cares about this game, they will target Moore and Ihenacho. With minimal Bronco pass rush to worry about, Flacco will have time to get off some deep post bombs against Moore and Ihenacho.

However, I suspect Baltimore DOESN'T care about the game and will not do anything fancy. Why show your aces just to win the first game of the season and let a potential playoff opponent have an entire season to prepare for you?

Noonskadoodle17
09-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Good to see Julius still getting the nod in the starting lineup.

He stays healthy this season.....LOOK OUT.

canadiansbronco
09-05-2013, 03:07 PM
AAAHHHHH YEEEEEEHHH

We have waited a while for this one lets crush the stupid ratbirds

BIGB83
09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
2 hours to gooooooooo!!!!:logo::salute::goz:

tat2matt
09-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I think the last time I was this excited for something was when my kids were born. Except whatever happens tonight isn't going to cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run, so I guess they aren't really comparable. I'm just excited and rambling.

bronco30
09-05-2013, 03:32 PM
we need the offense to be on track right away tonight no turnovers. TD's in the redzone, no dumb penalties n keep PM upright...i think we will need least 30 points..

hopefully the ST's will be alot better than in the preseason...

i am a little worried about the defense hopefully JDR can some how get to flacco...im ready to see if the big boys upfront can stop the running of rice n make them have to throw alot...

johntbronco
09-05-2013, 03:44 PM
less that 2 hours...tic...tic...tic...

HDbroncos02
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm gaining excitement by the minute.

One guy I'm watching tonight is Danny Trevathan and how he fares as the starting WLB.

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm gaining excitement by the minute.

One guy I'm watching tonight is Danny Trevathan and how he fares as the starting WLB.

Ya, I am really looking for Ayers to step up also. We need him and Wolfe to really pick up the slack at least until Von comes back. If we can somehow get even a decent pass rush with Ayers and Wolfe we will be just fine. We absolutely cannot let Flacco hang out in the pocket and launch deep balls down the field like he did in that playoff game.

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:01 PM
just 90 minutes away boys.....

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 04:03 PM
just 90 minutes away boys.....

Longest 90 minutes of our lives.

TheSheriff
09-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Longest 90 minutes of our lives.

Ain't that that darn truth....

LINEBACKER9
09-05-2013, 04:09 PM
My blood pressure is through the roof

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
bylindsayhjones
Interesting that Quentin Jammer is inactive for #Broncos with Champ Bailey also out.

bronx_2003
09-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing the high powered offense of Manning, DT, Decker, Welker, JT and Tamme

Just hope we can get enough of a run game to keep the D honest. I'm sure between Hillman, Moreno and Ball they can do enough.

Doom is a loss but was 29 on a big contract. Wolfe was a high 2nd rounder so hopefully he can make the step this year.

Even without Champ and Miller the D has plenty of talent on it.

Also looking forward to Holliday returning !!!

bronx_2003
09-05-2013, 04:13 PM
bylindsayhjones
Interesting that Quentin Jammer is inactive for #Broncos with Champ Bailey also out.

Slightly, but we probably have - DRC, Harris, Carter, Ihenacho, Adams, Bruton, and Moore active.

I wonder if Webster and Bolden are ?

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 04:13 PM
bylindsayhjones

Very strange. I was looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

bronx_2003
09-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Very strange. I was looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

With DRC, Harris, Carter and Webster + all the safeties Jammer is probably just insurance in case of injuries.

VADER72
09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
I have a feelin that we are going to see special things from our D line tonight. We think this game is massive for us fans, think how the players feel. They want to prove a point on national TV. lets go Big Vick, Wolfeman, Ayers and Phillips, do what you do.

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
70 minutes away now...im really nervous

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I have a feelin that we are going to see special things from our D line tonight. We think this game is massive for us fans, think how the players feel. They want to prove a point on national TV. lets go Big Vick, Wolfeman, Ayers and Phillips, do what you do.

I hope your right their going to need to be till von gets back....gotta stop the run n then hopefully get in flaccos face...

darrentwill27
09-05-2013, 04:25 PM
This Our Year Fellas... Real talk

assassin216
09-05-2013, 04:28 PM
https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1231673_10151888361806318_2059857848_n.jpg

Thrasher
09-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Here are the Ravens inactives as well.

Broncos inactives: Cornerback Champ Bailey, cornerback Quentin Jammer, quarterback Zac Dysert, guard John Moffitt, guard Chris Kuper, tight end Joel Dreessen and running back C.J. Anderson.

Ravens inactives: Wide receiver Aaron Mellette, tackle Jah Reid, center Ryan Jensen, wide receiver Deonte Thompson, linebacker John Simon, defensive end Arthur Jones, defensive tackle Brandon Williams.

BlindFandom88
09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Question: would it jinx us if I wore a Plummer jersey? It's the only one I have.

I'm a pretty superstitious dude so I want some other thoughts on this.

Thanks, Bronco Nation!

GoManning
09-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Watching the pregame.

bronx_2003
Arthur Jones is a loss for them. Apparently he has some sort of illness and Spears could play in his place.

GoManning
Keith Urban is performing.

Thrasher
09-05-2013, 04:37 PM
It's about the logo on the front, not the name on the back, dude!

LegionOfVonDoom
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Almost game time, have an uncle coming over won't be on much, but will be rooting like crazy for our team.

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:39 PM
w/ every tick of the clock my blood pressure goes up come on we cant lose this....

GoManning
09-05-2013, 04:40 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibht54y6XkQQF8.gif

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
another key match up w/ be woodyard on rice out of backfield...

broncosgal24
09-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Soooo ready to get this party started. I can't wait to see how ready we are for the season. I think that idiotic picture of Flacco on our stadium will be enough incentive for the fans to get good and loud and let's have a great game with no injuries. GO BRONCOS!!!! I don't expect any of you to have voices tomorrow - I know I won't and I'm rooting from Texas!

flosstein
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I truly love the moments up to opening Bronco kickoff. One of the few things I truly look forward to every year

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:49 PM
another big key will be many blocking ngata hopefully he can...

broncoslover115
09-05-2013, 04:51 PM
OK, my anxiety level is at an all-time high! Time to start drinking!

GoManning
09-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Cool Joe?
:rolleyes:

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:53 PM
OK, my anxiety level is at an all-time high! Time to start drinking!

hopefully at nights end its celebration drinks all around....

canadiansbronco
09-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Great make us suffer more NBC screw them and the ravens

GoManning
09-05-2013, 04:54 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibngImPafzYdi8.gif

canadiansbronco
09-05-2013, 04:56 PM
beurk BAL love fest out there

GoManning
09-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Why does he care what people think of his team?

What a child

bronco30
09-05-2013, 04:57 PM
30 minutes come on boyssss lets rock them...

bronx_2003
09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
We will have to watch and listen to alot of Ravens rubbish tonight, but remember, in 4 hours we will be 1-0 and the Ravens lovefest will be over.

Then we can get on with our season without repeatedly hearing about last year

Remedy
09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this needs to start already.

Remedy
09-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Remember folks to follow the Code of Conduct (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?212293-Code-of-Conduct)

I would sooner pay attention to the game... as opposed to moderating posts.

k thnx baiiii

Thrasher
Seriously, my excitement is getting out of control...

GoManning
Ratbirds look silly wearing legging.

bronx_2003
09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
http://nflwallpapers10.net/wp-content/uploads/images/e2/denver-broncos-wallpaper.jpg

GO BRONCOOOOOSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brakshow
09-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Alright Broncos lets kick this off right!!!! Our boys are back for another great year, I love football :D!

DEN_Manning_18
Let's go, Broncos!

RunYouOver
So excited, let's get this started! I want to win by 49 :D

Remedy
09-05-2013, 05:05 PM
So excited, let's get this started! I want to win by 49 :D

49.... is not nearly enough... but it's a good start.

bronco30
09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
25 minutes lets go broncos...

Rixter757
09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Big up anyone in UK losing a nights sleep to watch our heroes.

Two words for this game:

Easy meat

:goz:

DishWater
09-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Woooooooo broncs babay!!!

Best thing going!!!!!

bronx_2003
09-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Big up anyone in UK losing a nights sleep to watch our heroes.

Two words for this game:

Easy meat

:goz:

Interview at 10:15

BUT ITS A BRONCOS GAME !!!!!!

darrentwill27
09-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Had to wear my orange kicks today.. Let's gooooo! http://i39.tinypic.com/2q32cns.jpg

GoManning
Jeff Fischer has some really nice things to say about the Denver offense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238361/article/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-ready-to-sprint-from-the-start

Good read. Thanks! :)

HDbroncos02
Almost 20 minutes. BRONCOS UP!!

Rixter757
09-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Interview at 10:15

BUT ITS A BRONCOS GAME !!!!!!

Lol you'll be fired up, tackle the centre if you hate a question!

VADER72
Hurry hurry!

odiesback
Here we meet again for another season!
Hope this one is the longest one in many years!
Stay healthy guys, play smart and let's close the night with a big WIN.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

bronco30
09-05-2013, 05:11 PM
@MaseDenver
Seven-on-seven warmups -- first RB up is Knowshon Moreno.

PM I think trusts him more right now...

DishWater
09-05-2013, 05:11 PM
What did I bring to work today? Oh, just ORANGE CRUSH for my coworkers. GO BRONCS BABAY!

Broncoholic JS
09-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Oderint dum Metuant

GO BRONCOS!!!!

flosstein
09-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Why is this whole evening a slap in the face to us???? Why is the kickoff concert in Baltimore and not in Denver?

kuyyo_morro
09-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Cant wait for the ads to get done with and see the 100yard field.

Thrasher
09-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Guys, is Travathan starting at Will btw?

VADER72
09-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Because Baltimore sucks is why that city gets the stupid concert.

BroncosDivision
OMG! I can't believe it's finally happening.. somebody pinch me.

GO BRONCOS!

GoManning
Creepy dance.

Brakshow
The game was supposed to be in Baltimore but the Orioles couldn't change venue I guess. So were stuck with a Hybrid celebration thingy

LSIGRAD09
Wow I'm nervous

bjmohar
09-05-2013, 05:17 PM
This pre game is just awkward...........

Broncoholic JS
09-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Why is this whole evening a slap in the face to us???? Why is the kickoff concert in Baltimore and not in Denver?

I'm glad it is, I wouldn't want them celebrating in our city like this!

GoManning
I have seen Jones' TD at least 5 times now during the pregame.

Rixter757
UK sky pre show sux, been on 1hr 15 with no mention of tonight's game!!!

assassin216
09-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Wow I'm nervous

me too :laugh:

GoManning
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Picture from nfl.com

http://i.imgur.com/CUQRq2m.jpg

bronco30
10 minutes away...

broncoslover115
Please let us win so we don't have to watch that freaking play anymore. Jeez

DishWater
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
This pre game is just awkward...........

Keith Urban blows.

VADER72
I'm so friggen nervous.

GoManning
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2013/09/04/0ap1000000238457.jpg

Manning interview is on.

Remedy
09-05-2013, 05:22 PM
A section with Peyton... hoorah a break from silly ravens junk

BroncoFanNC
09-05-2013, 05:22 PM
http://us10.chatzy.com/BroncosChat

Join my chat guys! We got a few people in here (including the elusive Fargo)

bronco30
09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
time for a lucky dip....

kuyyo_morro
I like Peyton's head. Big and full of offense.

DenBroFan22
Pumped baby. Let's goooo!

Elway
09-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Suit up boys and girls it's about time!!!!

GoManning
09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Good interview.

Manning is quite charming.

kuyyo_morro
Manning on read offense was good. QB from New England cracked me up.

tat2matt
I am wearing my newest Broncos shirt, my way too old Broncos PJ bottoms, drinking a New Belgium Rampant IPA (CO to Asheville connection...) from my Broncos glass...I'm ready. I'm so ready. Even with my awesome girlfriend wearing her stupid, ugly, stupid Ravens jersey and drinking her Heavy Seas Loose Cannon (Baltimore brewery) from her stupid, ugly, stupid Ravens glass, I am so ready.

broncoslover115
Peyton is a class act.

kuyyo_morro
09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Cant wait to see Manning to Welker.

VADER72
09-05-2013, 05:28 PM
It's go time, lets do this.

coltsman451
Solidarity, brothers. :goz:

bronco30
ravens get the ball I think...

bronco30
09-05-2013, 05:30 PM
blood pressure just rose again...

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2013, 05:30 PM
So damn stoked!!!!!!

Can't wait to whoop on the Ravens

Can't believeeeee Champ ain't playing in this game

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Ray Lewis @ 1 with the Ravens...!?!??!!?!?!?!?

WHAT THE HELL

GoManning
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Great crowd!

OldColt
09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Good luck Broncos. Go Peyton.

GoManning
09-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Al and Chris don't look good in HD.

kuyyo_morro
09-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Goosebumps looking at the crowd and stadium. 15min weather delay for the game.

bronco30
15 min weather delay oh mother nature noooo

canadiansbronco
great.....

Brakshow
Gah weather delay

roushmartin6
OMG lightning delay, your killing me!!!!!!!

cmc0605
09-05-2013, 05:35 PM
longest 15 min ever

broncoslover115
Great, now we'll probably have to watch the "Play" again.

kuyyo_morro
There is no rain nothing. Am sitting 15miles north of Denver.

LASERLIPS
09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
"Well, lightning struck here once already back in January, heh heh heh..." CAN IT, COLLINSWORTH!!!!

Thrasher
I am sooo tired of waiting.

one_bad_55
Go BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!! :goz:

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Nooooo

This is gna feel so long

Elway
09-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Ok now starts about 5 months of nervous tension, blood pressure spikes, euphoria and feelings of loss in a random and varying order! C'mon Denver Win this for ELWAY! (The me one!)

LSIGRAD09
come on man

canadiansbronco
stooooop with the playoff game !!!!!!!!

VADER72
What is up wit our weather and the Ravens in town. Ugh

LASERLIPS
09-05-2013, 05:39 PM
If they talk about the rahim moore play one more time..... something's gonna get broke.

dizzolve
lol at announcer trying to convince me the delay is due to weather. 'cough'

you're selling some commercials

bronco30
of course the hail flacco againnnnn

kuyyo_morro
09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Why are some seats empty. This should be a loud stadium today.

Beat the Bolts
Who let Ryan Seacrest into our stadium to open the NFL season? Just more proof of the wussification of football.

Montoya
If they talk about the rahim moore play one more time..... something's gonna get broke.
You aint lyin I feel the same way. Iv seen ot at least 10 times tonight. Just cant wait for kickoff so we can forget about that

HDbroncos02
BRONCOS are HUNGRY and we gonna EAT GREEDY!! Broncos UP! Let's go!!

dizzolve
09-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I wish they'd mention how bad the refs were ....

all because of one play

no it's not because of one play

LSIGRAD09
Yes the playoffs are hard to forget, especially when you show the play 50 times a day.

Tremendous45th
Here we go baby Here we go!

Tremendous45th
09-05-2013, 05:42 PM
here's to no fumbles and a clean crisp football game from the broncos!

Bronco51
09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Curse of the Flacco. 1st the Bronco head won't inflate....now I am evacuated to the concourse. Those poster were a bad idea. Way to go NFL.

DenBroFan22
09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Everything seems normal. Wonder what this delay is really about.

VADER72
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
It's not even raining, kick if of you turds in the NFL. They probably delayed it because fans won't be in the seats and the Ravens will have a quite stadium their first few plays.

bronco30
here's to no fumbles and a clean crisp football game from the broncos!

and injury free game...

WildcatsBroncos
Now I'm getting nervous

Mile_High_Kiwi
Who let Ryan Seacrest into our stadium to open the NFL season? Just more proof of the wussification of football.

I can't stand that cheese ball!

Come on weather, bugger off!

#24 Next Champ
What the hell is with the Ravens bringing bad weather?

They get soo lucky

bronco30
09-05-2013, 05:45 PM
now the wind will be a problem crap....

GoManning
09-05-2013, 05:45 PM
A little rain and some wind.

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I can't stand that cheese ball!

Come on weather, bugger off!

Thought it was funny that the fans were booing him.

broncoslover115

They told people to take shelter or leave for awhile. It was full before the delay.

coltsman451
Aww jeez I hadn't heard Dallas went to the Ratbirds :sad:

bronco30
even more important now to stop the run n be able to run it now w/ this wind...

roushmartin6
09-05-2013, 05:47 PM
We have to wait for people in New York to tell people in Denver that the weather is ok, makes sense

dandaman23
09-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Just heard this could be a while. Is it possible they could postpone the game. I will lose my mind if that happen.

#24 Next Champ
There isn't even bad weather what the hellllll

dizzolve

Probably because of the delay and lightning warning

indefinite delay?

c'mon mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

coltsman451
@jimrome
Ray Lewis thinks this weather delay is an NFL conspiracy.

heh

Tremendous45th
09-05-2013, 05:49 PM
ok well heres a quick question....what are you guys eating? me chinese...its what my girl wanted

RunYouOver
lol at announcer trying to convince me the delay is due to weather. 'cough'

you're selling some commercials

For what it's worth, the NFL can only run a certain amount of commercials during the game. This just means there will be less later...

VADER72
This is kind of stupid really. It's not even severe weather. Hhhhmmmmm

Brakshow
Possible indefinite delay over light rain showers and small amounts of lightning. The radar shows it all moving well north of the city...surprised someone from NYC has to OK this for play.

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2013, 05:50 PM
This is ridiculousssssssssss

How are we not already playing

roushmartin6
This is freakin stupid, its football!

bronco30
now pushed another 15 minutes....come on mother nature knock it off

kuyyo_morro
If it rains we will win big. manning practiced throwing in rain.