PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady on being a turd

Houshmazode
09-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Tom Brady chimes in on Johnny Manziel: ‘If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you’
AFC East, New England Patriots, NFL draft 2014
By Chris Burke
Johnny Manziel has received flak for his actions against Rice last Saturday.

Johnny Manziel has received flak for his actions against Rice last Saturday. (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)

Fox Sports 1 analyst and ex-Chicago Bear Brian Urlacher cut right to the point earlier this week, when he was asked about Johnny Manziel’s actions during Texas A&M’s season opener against Rice.

“I’m not saying he’s a punk, but he acted like a punk in that game,” Urlacher said. “[He's] such a good football player. You saw in the second half, what he did — three touchdown passes and ran it pretty well. It’s just too bad he had to act like that. I’m pulling for the guy. I want him to do well.”

The folks at CNBC’s Squawk Box tried to draw a similar reaction out of Patriots QB Tom Brady on Thursday. Brady joined the show via video, as part of a segment that also included an in-studio interview with Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

The show’s host, Joe Kernan, turned his discussion with Brady toward Manziel by saying, “You’re probably going to play against Johnny Football one day,” and then asking Brady, “What’s the biggest thing you’ve ever done in terms of flaunting? I think I’ve maybe seen a fist pump. That’s about it, isn’t it?”

Brady responded with a rather indirect comment about Manziel’s behavior.

“I get pretty emotional,” Brady said. ” I have a lot of respect for … my teammates, for my organization and certainly for other guys in the NFL. There’s not a guy playing in the NFL who hasn’t earned the right to be here, and who isn’t supremely talented.

“He’s [Manziel] probably been the best athlete in his high school class, in his elementary school class. So when you look across the ball, you have respect for those guys and treat them with respect. Football’s a physical game … and as [Kraft] would say, ‘If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.’”

It’s hardly an out-of-bounds dig at Manziel’s character, but it does add yet another log to the Johnny Football fire.

Defending Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco took the Manziel controversy in the other direction over the weekend, commenting: “I don’t know if I’ll be too popular for this … But I don’t know how I really felt about Johnny Manziel, but I feel like now everyone hates him. He’s quickly becoming my favorite player in college football.”

Oh, just a reminder: Even if Manziel turns pro following this college season, there still are eight months until next May’s draft. So this likely is just the beginning of all the Manziel frenzy.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxtprwpKsK1qbbz06o2_250.gif

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/bradytwerk.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1885071/bradySTEAMINmad_medium.gif

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Tom_41aace_2186330.jpg

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/bradykicksreed-e1358770381610.jpg?w=212

You're right Tom, it's probably going to come back to you again like your knee injury in 2008.

It's gonna be fun seeing a hungry Von and the rest of our defense against your line in week 12.

BroncoFanBoy
09-07-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't give Brady any flack for his comments. He's right about Johnny.

InsaneBlaze23
09-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Brady used better words than I would have used to describe Johnny. Which I can't say because it'd be against the CoC.
Dude is a tool, a turd, a piece of crap,etc etc etc.

He's a waste of talent, he has the tools to become a good NFL, the tools be become a great college QB. His character is disgusting.

elway93
09-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Manziel is a total turd.

GoManning
09-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Brady didn't lie though.

09-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Let's not forget. Manziel is only 20 years old. He has a lot to learn.

InsaneBlaze23
09-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Let's not forget. Manziel is only 20 years old. He has a lot to learn.

Easy excuse. People really need to stop making excuses for other people, he's at an age where he knows right from wrong.

He's 20 not 5.

Southstander
09-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Well said Blaze. I get tired of people excusing bad behavior simply because someone is "young". Manzel is old enough to vote and serve our county. He should know better.

09-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Well said Blaze. I get tired of people excusing bad behavior simply because someone is "young". Manzel is old enough to vote and serve our county. He should know better.

I never excused the behavior and said "that's ok cause he's young. It's just a fact. People make more mistakes when they're young. Some learn from the mistakes and some don't. He either gets better or he keeps screwing up. I don't know what he'll do in the future but I hope he straightens up his act.

VADER72
09-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Honestly, I don't think it will matter what team you cheer for, Johnny Football will be on everyone's crap list to get the snot kicked out him by real football players. He will need to earn is strips big time or he won't last. I give him 3 years max in the NFL and he will be a career backup.

BroncoFanBoy
09-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Easy excuse. People really need to stop making excuses for other people, he's at an age where he knows right from wrong.

He's 20 not 5.

Exactly. I'm 21. I doubt anyone on this board thinks I'm a turd. (Not trying to sound arrogant, but just because he's young doesn't mean that he can get away with being a jerk.)

ruksak
09-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Oh gawd....really?

He was being taunted and he's a kid still. Sports people are so fickle and melodramatic sometimes. Just because he violated the NCAA's slavery policy, everyone wants to get on his back. Dude has swag and that will transfer quite well into his professional career. He may want to reign it in a tad though.

I'm lucky I didn't go to prison for many years for the stupid crap I pulled at his age.

InsaneBlaze23
09-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Exactly. I'm 21. I doubt anyone on this board thinks I'm a turd. (Not trying to sound arrogant, but just because he's young doesn't mean that he can get away with being a jerk.)
I'm also 21, it annoys me people making excuses for our generation and the younger generation. Athletes don't learn from having their hands held.If a player throws a pick, fumbles, or allows a sack the coach doesn't offer him Ice cream and say maybe next time. He gets on his ass and coach that player to do better. People need to let go of Manziel's hand. Because NFL teams aren't gonna go "Well he's 20, so I suppose his character issue is nothing" Every player they draft is around that age, why did their character issues matter but not Johnny Dumbball?

Oh gawd....really?

He was being taunted and he's a kid still. Sports people are so fickle and melodramatic sometimes. Just because he violated the NCAA's slavery policy, everyone wants to get on his back. Dude has swag and that will transfer quite well into his professional career. He may want to reign it in a tad though.

I'm lucky I didn't go to prison for many years for the stupid crap I pulled at his age.

For the love of all that is divine stop calling him a kid. This jackass is 20 not 5, stop treating him like he is fresh from the hospital. He knows right from wrong, he knows what he can and can not do. It surely didn't help his case and showed he doesn't care when he taunted that Rice player and pointed to the sky gesturing money.
He knew he'd get flagged for mouthing off to that Rice player but didn't care. Yeah his team still won, but how do you think the outcome of the game would be if he was facing a top SEC school? He could've cost his team a game because he's an idiot and wants to show all of the sport world he's an idiot.

ruksak
09-09-2013, 02:14 PM
For the love of all that is divine stop calling him a kid.

I'm also 21

I'm 41. You are a kid. To me. It's not about knowing right from wrong. He's old enough for that and he's old enough to suffer consequence. However, people my age are keenly aware of how people your age often act with impunity, a sense of indestructibility.

I'm willing to cut him some slack on that account.

he taunted that Rice player

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't mention the Rice players were taunting him with a "signature/writing" gesture?

assassin216
09-09-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm 41. You are a kid. To me. It's not about knowing right from wrong. He's old enough for that and he's old enough to suffer consequence. However, people my age are keenly aware of how people your age often act with impunity, a sense of indestructibility.

I'm willing to cut him some slack on that account.

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't mention the Rice players were taunting him with a "signature/writing" gesture?

Manziel is a grown man there is nothing about him that makes him a kid...

I don't understand why people use that excuse when it comes to these college kids...People crucify these athletes for making dumb decisions and yet we can't do the same for college players....

This kid got all the money in the world and yet he's been running around doing stupidity during the offseason and we have people defending his actions...And yet these same people were crucifying Dez Bryant for doing less when he was in college...I mean really....

Manziel should be thankful that he got away,what he did.....He needs to sit down and play football...

And Tom Brady is right,because if Manziel was in the NFL and did that to an opposing defense I will guaranteed you that it will be the last time he will taunt a defense like that....

09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Manziel is a grown man there is nothing about him that makes him a kid...

I don't understand why people use that excuse when it comes to these college kids...People crucify these athletes for making dumb decisions and yet we can't do the same for college players....

This kid got all the money in the world and yet he's been running around doing stupidity during the offseason and we have people defending his actions...And yet these same people were crucifying Dez Bryant for doing less when he was in college...I mean really....

Manziel should be thankful that he got away,what he did.....He needs to sit down and play football...

And Tom Brady is right,because if Manziel was in the NFL and did that to an opposing defense I will guaranteed you that it will be the last time he will taunt a defense like that....

If you say he is a man and not a kid, why do you call him a kid?

ruksak
09-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Manziel is a grown man .....

I don't understand why people use that excuse when it comes to these college kids

It's like you tried to screw that one up. Bravo.....bravo.

Thanks for making my point for me. Could you hit the lights on your way out? Thanks.

InsaneBlaze23
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM
If you say he is a man and not a kid, why do you call him a kid?

That's what I was thinking. Can't call him a grown man then call him kid in the rest of your post.

Again I don't care how old anyone else is, an adult is an adult. Johnny is an adult regardless if he's 20-30yrs younger than you.

ruksak
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
That's what I was thinking. Can't call him a grown man then call him kid in the rest of your post.

Again I don't care how old anyone else is, an adult is an adult. Johnny is an adult regardless if he's 20-30yrs younger than you.

When people get older, they realize how stupid they were when they were 20-ish.

You will too. Twenty years from now, you will look back at yourself now and laugh at how silly and naive you were. "Naive" being the key word in play here. I cut youngsters a break, accounting for their inherent naivety.

InsaneBlaze23
09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
When people get older, they realize how stupid they were when they were 20-ish.

You will too. Twenty years from now, you will look back at yourself now and laugh at how silly and naive you were. "Naive" being the key word in play here. I cut youngsters a break, accounting for their inherent naivety.

I highly doubt it, I did all my silly naive things when I was 16-18yrs old. It's 2013 people make their mistake during their teen years nowadays not their early adult years.

The Johnny you see is the Johnny you will always see...and hopefully we don't have to see it long.

Rancid
09-10-2013, 06:33 PM
He will learn his lessons. I went to HS with a guy like him who played safety for SMU. He was real cocky and arrogant until Bo Jackson concussed him on the 5-yard line. I saw him later that night at a party using a cane and an arm sling. Funny thing was, he did not act like a 'turd' that night. I am sure Johnny also will learn a few hard lessons and calm down.

ruksak
09-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I highly doubt it, I did all my silly naive things when I was 16-18yrs old. It's 2013 people make their mistake during their teen years nowadays not their early adult years.

I want you to do us a favor. Write down that sentence on a piece of paper and place it somewhere safe. Remind yourself to look at it in 5 years. Trust me, you will laugh so hard.

Dude I'm 41 and I laugh at myself for things I did when I was 35. That's the thing....people are always learning, always growing. The older you get, the less you should screw up. That's why people will cut you more slack now then they will when you're 40. The older the wiser, as they say.

Trust me, just because it's "the future" it doesn't mean that 20-somethings aren't prone to the naivety of youth.

The Johnny you see is the Johnny you will always see...and hopefully we don't have to see it long.

That is entirely possible. As well, I'm not suggesting that he shouldn't be accountable. Only, take it easy a 'lil bit when judging him. To make things worse, he comes from money, which indicates that he's been sheltered from reality a bit. In the real world, your parents affluence doesn't carry as much weight as it did in high school. A lesson he's likely learning fast.

InsaneBlaze23
09-11-2013, 07:19 AM
I want you to do us a favor. Write down that sentence on a piece of paper and place it somewhere safe. Remind yourself to look at it in 5 years. Trust me, you will laugh so hard.

Dude I'm 41 and I laugh at myself for things I did when I was 35. That's the thing....people are always learning, always growing. The older you get, the less you should screw up. That's why people will cut you more slack now then they will when you're 40. The older the wiser, as they say.

Trust me, just because it's "the future" it doesn't mean that 20-somethings aren't prone to the naivety of youth.

That is entirely possible. As well, I'm not suggesting that he shouldn't be accountable. Only, take it easy a 'lil bit when judging him. To make things worse, he comes from money, which indicates that he's been sheltered from reality a bit. In the real world, your parents affluence doesn't carry as much weight as it did in high school. A lesson he's likely learning fast.

Just gonna have to agree to disagree. I disagree with your opinion completely, and I assure you I won't be regretting a thing 5,10,15,20yrs from now. Just because you laugh at yourself doesn't mean others will be the same. Everybody is different, everybody grows up differently, matures differently, and has different views on life and the progress of their own.