PDA

View Full Version : MNF Redskins v Eagles and Texans v Chargers

Pages : [1] 2

Gsam
09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I am pulling for the Bolts tonight.

If they beat houston, it helps us on our path to secure home field the whole way through.

There was a lot of implications in this weekends games that we may not see yet.

EVERY team in the AFC north lost (Cinci, Balt, Pitt and Clev)

Indy won, but that was not very convicing considering they were playing the raiders and nearly lost.

NE / Miami / Jets all won. NE looked horrible, Miami looked good on D but terrible on O. Jets? lol...

#87Birdman
09-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Ewwwww.... Never going to cheer for a rival team. I prefer the take care of business yourself and you don't have to leave it up for someone else to decide your fate.

We can knock off the pats Houston and indy. So why I ask for help when we can do it ourselves.

Gsam
09-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Ewwwww.... Never going to cheer for a rival team. I prefer the take care of business yourself and you don't have to leave it up for someone else to decide your fate.

We can knock off the pats Houston and indy. So why I ask for help when we can do it ourselves.

Never hurts to have help. You think the NFC north wasn't cheering for us to dump the Ravens?

I have no doubt we can do it on our own. The more wins SD gets, the worse the draft pick will be. I Would rather not have them with a top 5 pick and ending up Teddy B or Clowney or something like that.

InsaneBlaze23
09-09-2013, 09:48 AM
My fantasy team requires the Texans to go off on the Chargers. So I want them to get blown out and at no point will I ever route for a rival team to succeed not even the Seahawks.

LordOfChaos
09-09-2013, 09:58 AM
You think the NFC north wasn't cheering for us to dump the Ravens?

Of course they were... because they are rivals AND it helps them win the div which is the first step in getting to the playoffs...

So sorry... Go Texans!

DenverBlood
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Never hurts to have help. You think the NFC north wasn't cheering for us to dump the Ravens?

I have no doubt we can do it on our own. The more wins SD gets, the worse the draft pick will be. I Would rather not have them with a top 5 pick and ending up Teddy B or Clowney or something like that.

This statement doesn't make sense.

You start saying root for the rival. Then back it up by saying dont you think the AFC North was rooting against the Ravens?

Which one is it? You root against the Rival or for?

But for my opinion no way in hell do I root for the Chargers or any other rival against a non division opponent. At least not this early in the year. Maybe at the end if it helps seeding and the rival can't make playoffs. But even then probably not. I said this in a thread last year too.

Everyone wanted the Chargers to beat the Ravens to help our seeding. They lost but we still took care of our own business and passed the Ravens in the seeding. (Lot of good it did us though)

I can't root for division rivals that I've hated for so long. Especially the Chargers with Phyllis Rivers.

Also this is this year not the past few years. Can't assume week 1 that the Chargers are going to be garbage again. It's likely but you never know.

So GOOO TEXANS!!

TheSheriff
09-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm rooting for the Texans because:

1. I hate the Chargers
2. I do believe the Broncos could go 14-0....if the Texans are at worst 12-2 then that would force us to play our starters so there's 15-0....and I can't see us not going for it then so go Texans!
3. If #2 doesn't happen and in the event the Texans got a higher seeding than us.....not the worse thing in the world to play in a dome.
4. I hate the Chargers.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Would absolutely never hope a division rival wins. It's all about securing a division win first. I was praying for KC to lose as well as I think they will be our most formidable opponent in our division. Not that I expect them to take the division, but they will give us the most challenge.

Gsam
09-09-2013, 10:18 AM
This statement doesn't make sense.

You start saying root for the rival. Then back it up by saying dont you think the AFC North was rooting against the Ravens?

Which one is it? You root against the Rival or for?

But for my opinion no way in hell do I root for the Chargers or any other rival against a non division opponent. At least not this early in the year. Maybe at the end if it helps seeding and the rival can't make playoffs. But even then probably not. I said this in a thread last year too.

Everyone wanted the Chargers to beat the Ravens to help our seeding. They lost but we still took care of our own business and passed the Ravens in the seeding. (Lot of good it did us though)

I can't root for division rivals that I've hated for so long. Especially the Chargers with Phyllis Rivers.

Also this is this year not the past few years. Can't assume week 1 that the Chargers are going to be garbage again. It's likely but you never know.

So GOOO TEXANS!!

It makes perfect sense. You root for the most dangerous team to lose. I agree with the poster who said handle your own business. I have 0 doubt that we can win the west and have a pretty favorable record. What I want to be sure of is that we are the only team with a realistic shot of getting the #1 seed. If that means SD beating houston then so be it.

If you had to pick 1 team that has a better chance to beat us in a game, would you pick SD or Houston? ITs Houston, therefore, the more games houston loses, the better it is for us.

beastlyskronk
09-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I'd rather play in a dome in the playoffs than in the freezing weather in Denver

Gsam
09-09-2013, 10:22 AM
I'd rather play in a dome in the playoffs than in the freezing weather in Denver

I am sure manning would too, but as a fan (which means nothing) There is something fun and majestic about winter football in the elements.

Of course, my rear end is planted by the fire with a hot drink so what I think matters nothing really ;)

DenverBlood
09-09-2013, 10:27 AM
It makes perfect sense. You root for the most dangerous team to lose. I agree with the poster who said handle your own business. I have 0 doubt that we can win the west and have a pretty favorable record. What I want to be sure of is that we are the only team with a realistic shot of getting the #1 seed. If that means SD beating houston then so be it.

If you had to pick 1 team that has a better chance to beat us in a game, would you pick SD or Houston? ITs Houston, therefore, the more games houston loses, the better it is for us.

The reason I said it doesn't make sense is you say everyone in the AFC North should root against their Rival in Baltimore. But then you start a thread saying root for the Chargers.

Normally yes I would root against the most dangerous team. But things like that get thrown out for fans when it involves a rival. Why do you think Rivals are called just that? Why do you think they are so big in sports? Because they hate each other and root against each other no matter what.

Not to mention last year is last year. Leave it there. Again I'm not making any assessments about who is the bigger threat till I see them play. If the Chargers win by 20 then guess what? I don't agree with your statement whatsoever that Houston is more dangerous.

DenverBlood
09-09-2013, 10:29 AM

You know I actually brought this up last year due to the historical trends the past 6-10 years with the wild card teams winning SB's. I got flamed for it.

I would obvioiusly prefer the Broncos win every game and host playoff games. I'll take my chances with the cold weather because I'd prefer our fans be behind the team.

But it is an interesting debate on if we would perform better on the road where it's warm. It's a debate I'm willing to leave open though.

Home Playoff games are the best!!

RunYouOver
09-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I'm not rooting for the Chargers. Let's earn the #1 seed ourself by taking care of business.

FL BRONCO
09-09-2013, 10:32 AM
smh. On the FIRST game of the season. No Thanks. I want Houston to wallup them good. I will worry about winning the division first and then focus on the other playoff teams. We play them so we can control our own destiny. i'd prefer that the Chargers and KC get eliminated from the division race as soon as possible. GO TEXANS

Murph2432
09-09-2013, 10:37 AM
We have to take it one step at a time. We have to worry about winning the division first instead of assuming we are going to get home field advantage.

FL BRONCO
09-09-2013, 10:42 AM

If they beat houston, it helps us on our path to secure home field the whole way through.

Indy won, but that was not very convicing considering they were playing the raiders and nearly lost.

NE / Miami / Jets all won. NE looked horrible, Miami looked good on D but terrible on O. Jets? lol...

IMO. Just for posting a thread with this title in Bronco Country, you should have your Bronco fan card revoked:D

AZ bronco
09-09-2013, 10:44 AM
the results of tonights game will have ZERO bearing on our late season match-up with the texans.... ZERO !
you might as well hope for injuries.

step one to make the play-offs is to win your division.
read that again if you havent figured it out.

if the chargers win, they are TIED with us in the division lead, along with Kc BTW.

CLOWNEY to the chargers if they loose?
talk about a leap!
are you bob beaman or mike powell?

can we set aside all this nonesense and have a serious discussion about what is truly important this week?
I have THE TEXANS AS MY FANTASY D...
SO GO TEXANS !

DenverBlood
09-09-2013, 10:45 AM
IMO. Just for posting a thread with this title in Bronco Country, you should have your Bronco fan card revoked:D

Agreed 100%.

AZ bronco
09-09-2013, 10:46 AM
IMO. Just for posting a thread with this title in Bronco Country, you should have your Bronco fan card revoked:Dhe may only have a learners permit.

AZ bronco
09-09-2013, 10:47 AM
We have to take it one step at a time. We have to worry about winning the division first instead of assuming we are going to get home field advantage.thank you.

AZ bronco
09-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I'm not rooting for the Chargers. Let's earn the #1 seed ourself by taking care of business.much better mentality !

Skylan
09-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Way too early to think about playoff seeding, I'll never root for the Chargers / Raiders / Chiefs.

Gsam
09-09-2013, 11:17 AM
The Chargers did put us in the playoffs 2 years ago....

The Irish
09-09-2013, 11:25 AM
The warm and fuzzy feeling that I get from watching Phylis pull dirt out of her facemask while pouting greatly outweighs any hazy future playoff implications.

AZ bronco
09-09-2013, 11:28 AM
The warm and fuzzy feeling that I get from watching Phylis pull dirt out of her facemask while pouting greatly outweighs any hazy future playoff implications.well said, great imagery !

Gsam
09-09-2013, 11:30 AM
The warm and fuzzy feeling that I get from watching Phylis pull dirt out of her facemask while pouting greatly outweighs any hazy future playoff implications.

LOL! CP for this!

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 11:34 AM

OMG, I love these boards. Thanks for the hilarious post. Best of the day. Love, love, love the imagery!

OrangeCrush_304
09-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Lets win the division first before we start worrying about home field advantage.

DenverBlood
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
The Chargers did put us in the playoffs 2 years ago....

Difference there is they were playing a more hated division rival in the Raiders.

So its lose lose for wanting to root for either of them. I can't stand either of them. So not only did the Chargers winning get us to the playoffs. But it also kept the Hated Raiders out of the playoffs.

So we got to be smart fans rooting for the good of the team but still root against a hated Rival.

I didn't look at it so much as rooting for the chargers as I did rooting against the Raiders. It was just coincidentally the same thing.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I can NEVER root for in division rival and I absolutely hate the Chargers, I would only consider it if it meant the difference between the Broncos making or miss the playoffs. If that happened I would have to consider it.

TheArtofManning
09-09-2013, 01:45 PM
As somewhat of an "outsider" fan, I was wondering what the core fanbase was thinking about, regarding this game tonight. I guess it depends of what we perceive as a greater threat: The Chargers in the division, or the Texans in the conference seeding. To be honest, it's too early.
Just wondering how any of you felt about the Raiders/Colts yesterday? Somewhat of a similar situation.
I'm at crossed purposes tonight.

Gsam
09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
As somewhat of an "outsider" fan, I was wondering what the core fanbase was thinking about, regarding this game tonight. I guess it depends of what we perceive as a greater threat: The Chargers in the division, or the Texans in the conference seeding. To be honest, it's too early.
Just wondering how any of you felt about the Raiders/Colts yesterday? Somewhat of a similar situation.
I'm at crossed purposes tonight.

Was actually pulling for the raiders.

I really believe we handle our business in the division. The more wins the other afc west teams get, the worse the draft spot they get is. As long as denver wins the west, I don't care if the rest go 8-8.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 01:50 PM

You are talking about playoffs already? Wishing a division rival can beat the Texans to secure home field?

Why don't you worry about winning the division first.

Broncos-R-Great
09-09-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.myrkothum.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/master_yoda.jpg

Weird thread this is...
Root for the Charger we must not...

InsaneBlaze23
09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
You are talking about playoffs already? Wishing a division rival can beat the Texans to secure home field?

Why don't you worry about winning the division first.

Not like that's gonna be difficult...:coffee:

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Not like that's gonna be difficult...:coffee:

I know the Broncos' play in a weak division but you still got to think about winning the division. Nothing is given.

VenomousDB
09-09-2013, 02:11 PM
I know the Broncos' play in a weak division but you still got to think about winning the division. Nothing is given.

I actually agree with you.
Week 1 and people are talking about securing home field? Wuhhhh
Lets take care of the division first.
And how could you possibly root for the Chargers in week 1?
And the other thread talking about us losing to the Ravens....
Wth is up with these crackpot threads?

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 02:19 PM
I actually agree with you.
Week 1 and people are talking about securing home field? Wuhhhh
Lets take care of the division first.
And how could you possibly root for the Chargers in week 1?
And the other thread talking about us losing to the Ravens....
Wth is up with these crackpot threads?

This is why I joined this forum. Smart Broncos' fan right here. I wish some 9er fans had logic like this.

It's freaking week 1 and rooting for a division rival to win so your team can secure home field? Home field is not given no matter what. Baby steps first.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 02:20 PM
also,

It's shocking to see the first thread on a Broncos' message board be........LET'S GO CHARGERS

VenomousDB
09-09-2013, 02:24 PM
also,

It's shocking to see the first thread on a Broncos' message board be........LET'S GO CHARGERS

Right. Mods should delete this. Its embarrassing.

Gsam
09-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Whatever. Fine by me.

People seem far too sensitive these days.

FL BRONCO
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Difference there is they were playing a more hated division rival in the Raiders.

So its lose lose for wanting to root for either of them. I can't stand either of them. So not only did the Chargers winning get us to the playoffs. But it also kept the Hated Raiders out of the playoffs.

So we got to be smart fans rooting for the good of the team but still root against a hated Rival.

I didn't look at it so much as rooting for the ch##### as I did rooting against the Raiders. It was just coincidentally the same thing.

Exactly, I can remember vividly rooting against the faiders on every play, but I could hardly remember the name of the other team until you brought it up here. I certainly was not ru, ru , aaa roooting for the ch, cha char, the team I will not name. Never:nono: I hope for nothing less than Phyllis crying rivers this year.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.myrkothum.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/master_yoda.jpg

Weird thread this is...
Root for the Charger we must not...

haha...good stuff.

TheSheriff
09-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Awesome slate for MNF.
Go Eagles and go Texans!

VADER72
09-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Can't agree with the original poster. Screw the Chargers, we have to win the division first before we talk about home field advantage months down the road.

ruksak
09-09-2013, 04:08 PM
What a lame self-important grandiose entrance by Griffin. What a tool. I could never see Manning or Luck acting like a drama queen like that. He won't make it through the season, I guarantee it.

ruksak
09-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Well that was.....eventful.

theshiverman
09-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Winning the division is the most important step just to make the playoffs....so i think ill be rooting for any and all division foes to lose.......and lose badly

Thrasher
09-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Philly should have gotten Tebow.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I think Philly looks pretty good.

one5beast
09-09-2013, 04:41 PM

Lol. :laugh:

I love the speed of the Eagles. If Eagles can get a top QB in next few years like Mariota, watch out NFL.

TheSheriff
09-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Eagles looking awesome right now

the0rangecrush
09-09-2013, 04:51 PM
A lot of flash not a lot of substance

Amari24
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM
What a lame self-important grandiose entrance by Griffin. What a tool. I could never see Manning or Luck acting like a drama queen like that. He won't make it through the season, I guarantee it.

What was wrong with his entrance? I didn't get a chance to see it since I'm just now tuning in.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Shanny not looking too happy right now.

TheArtofManning
09-09-2013, 05:04 PM
In a somewhat related topic, what do we make of the Chiefs win over hapless Jacksonville?
Certainly a front line coach like Reid, will help the Chiefs this year. Are the Chiefs any threat at all to get a wildcard?
Consider that the AFC North teams are probably going to all struggle more than we're used to (not talking about the Browns, who are a non factor).
The AFC East has no credible wildcard teams. The South? Assuming Houston wind the division, I'd say the Colts and maybe even the Titans have a shot at a WC. At any rate, I think the Chiefs get 2nd in the West, and the Raiders hopelessly in last.

Preetv
09-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Skins are playing terribly -.-

Chillez
09-09-2013, 05:13 PM
RG3 does not look the same. I know its still early.

Orange you glad
09-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Hell will freeze over before I root for any AFC rival and not even then.

ruksak
09-09-2013, 05:17 PM
What was wrong with his entrance? I didn't get a chance to see it since I'm just now tuning in.

Well....he dropped to his knees, pounded on the ground several times and then grabbed the Skins flag and ran around the field. Not exactly low-key. Can you picture Brady, Elway or Peyton doing such 'looky-me' stunts?

ruksak
09-09-2013, 05:17 PM

Why do you hate Philly?

one5beast
09-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Redskins need to take some acting classes.

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Seems like 90% of handoffs go to McCoy. Maybe it's the reads, or maybe the option is more of an illusion to keep Vick safe.

I think if D's err on the side of McCoy getting the ball, it will be easier to stop them as i'm sure they don't want Vick getting hit that much.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Philly not looking so good right now. Started off fast, but not taking advantage of short fields.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Well I spoke too soon.

one5beast
09-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Laser throw right there. Vick has one of the most beautiful throws in the nfl. Always has a tight spiral, on the rope, with a nice touch.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 05:43 PM
The Eagles are utterly dominating. Redskins only consistently good player tonight has been Ryan Kerrigan. The rest of the team has been awful and bad.

ebsoria
09-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Starting to look like Philly is dialing this offense in. Could be interesting to watch how the d adjusts.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2013, 05:46 PM
The Eagles are utterly dominating. Redskins only consistently good player tonight has been Ryan Kerrigan. The rest of the team has been awful and bad.

Orakpo has been very good as well and jr the ilb

Chillez
09-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Orakpo has been very good as well and jr the ilb

Aye. I forgot about those two. It's nice to see Orakpo back.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Washington is stunned right now. Hope they make some adjustments.

Atwnbroncfan
09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RGIII was not ready for tonight, should not be out there.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 06:01 PM
RGIII was not ready for tonight, should not be out there.

I think the injury he just had and it being same ACL tear he got in college, I dont think RG3 will ever be same explosive athlete as before. I could be wrong and this could just be rust for not playing in the pre season. But to my eyes he does not look near the athlete he was before surgery.

Atwnbroncfan
09-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I think the injury he just had and it being same ACL tear he got in college, I dont think RG3 will ever be same explosive athlete as before. I could be wrong and this could just be rust for not playing in the pre season. But to my eyes he does not look near the athlete he was before surgery.

You could be right. He is arming all of his passes, not putting much weight on that knee.

one5beast
09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Really fun offense to watch. Can't wait to see the game vs. Eagles.

VADER72
09-09-2013, 06:24 PM
LOL, looks like the whole Chesapeake
area is getting a complete beating this week...

BroncoManiac_69
09-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I personally got SICK and TIRED of hearing RGIII, RGIII, RGIII on and on last year. Even though I picked the Skins to win this first game, I'm kinda getting a chuckle and grin out of seeing Washington get their asses beat to a pulp.

I'm more interested in the second game. I doubt I can stay awake for ending, but Go Texans!

Montoya
09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Iv been telling everybody bout the eagles. MIKE VICK IS BACK . They are going to be one of the beat teams in the NFL this year. With chip, vick, and mccoy. There offense is rediculously good and hard to stop. Chip really has a lot of creativity in his offense. Love watching this team. Happy for vick to be back.

RG3 will never be on vicks level. Mark my words.

VADER72
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Well, lets be honest though. The Redskins might have won the div last year, but they weren't that awesome. The Eagles will end up being 9-7 or 10-6 at best.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 06:47 PM
I personally got SICK and TIRED of hearing RGIII, RGIII, RGIII on and on last year. Even though I picked the Skins to win this first game, I'm kinda getting a chuckle and grin out of seeing Washington get their asses beat to a pulp.

I'm more interested in the second game. I doubt I can stay awake for ending, but Go Texans!

Greatest post ever. I agree 10000%. RG3 is not a good pocket presser he needs his legs to be effective QB. Like you said RG3 is overrated and overhyped, I hate how national media trys to shove him down our throats.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Greatest post ever. I agree 10000%. RG3 is not a good pocket presser he needs his legs to be effective QB. Like you said RG3 is overrated and overhyped, I hate how national media trys to shove him down our throats.

And me as well. I actually started a thread in this section about RGIII because of the same. I also didn't like the off season diva stuff regarding his riff with Shanny in public. His arrogance is a real turn off to me.

assassin216
09-09-2013, 06:54 PM

How is he overrated,again do anybody know the definition of overrated...People throw that word around and don't even know the correct definition...

How is RG3 overrated when he took a team who hasn't done nothing for the past 10+ years with hardly any weapons around him...At least Andrew Luck had a few weapons from the Peyton Manning era to help him,RG3 didn't have that luxury....smh

People are unbelievable.....

beastlyskronk
09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Well....he dropped to his knees, pounded on the ground several times and then grabbed the Skins flag and ran around the field. Not exactly low-key. Can you picture Brady, Elway or Peyton doing such 'looky-me' stunts?

Brian Dawkins did that all the time

TheSheriff
09-09-2013, 07:00 PM
How is he overrated,again do anybody know the definition of overrated...People throw that word around and don't even know the correct definition...

How is RG3 overrated when he took a team who hasn't done nothing for the past 10+ years with hardly any weapons around him...At least Andrew Luck had a few weapons from the Peyton Manning era to help him,RG3 didn't have that luxury....smh

Well for one, Luck did not have any Peyton Manning weapons, unless you're talking about Wayne. the only thing Luck inherited from peyton was his horrible o-line. Luck had rookie TEs, rookie Rb, Rookie wrs......

RG3 had a great o-line, better skill position receivers, and a great rushing game. RG3 also did not have to do much....most of his throws were simple 1 read progressions. He played well...but he was not anywhere close to that AMAZING guy espn kept touting.

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 07:00 PM
No way Vick lasts the season.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Overrated in being labelled a top 5 QB in today's game. Which he hasn't proven to be thus far. He isn't as good as media hypes him up to be. The NFL try's to make him the new poster boy of the league. Which I hate when he hasn't earned it yet.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 07:06 PM
No way Vick lasts the season.

This is true. But when was the last time Vick played a entire season healthy with no injuries.

#87Birdman
09-09-2013, 07:09 PM
So trying to follow the game on my phone but if the redskins score I wonder what they do.

Go for two so if the eagles do get a fg you can still tie it up or take the point hope for a stoop and another td wins it.

beastlyskronk
09-09-2013, 07:13 PM
So trying to follow the game on my phone but if the redskins score I wonder what they do.

Go for two so if the eagles do get a fg you can still tie it up or take the point hope for a stoop and another td wins it.

Might as well, if they don't get it they can still tie the game if they get a stop.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 07:28 PM
The game is on ESPN2. I am looking forward in seeing some Broncos' fans on here rooting for the Chargers. It's going to feel weird but you don't see these things everyday.

Preetv
09-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Can't believe Eagles let them come back like that. SMH

Chillez
09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/thumb/1347/05/1347051965541s.jpg

Bronco51
09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Kelly will have to learn to not take the foot off the throttle in the pros. You might be able to hold onto big leads in college, but in the pros momentum changes on a dime. They were two different teams each half.

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Kelly will have to learn to not take the foot off the throttle in the pros. You might be able to hold onto big leads in college, but in the pros momentum changes on a dime. They were two different teams each half.

He won't be able to keep the throttle on with a gimpy QB.

asaph_amir
09-09-2013, 07:38 PM
i will never pull for a rival team id rather the hard road it makes us better

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 07:38 PM
This is petty, but I don't like listening to Boom calling the Houstan/Chargers game. Just doesn't have the voice for it.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 07:39 PM
7-0 Chargers lead for those that are rooting for the Chargers.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Rivers' acting all excited over one TD. Relax bro.

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Rivers' acting all excited over one TD. Relax bro.

Can't stand looking at him!

Preetv
09-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Ew Phillip crymea Rivers NO THANKS!!!!

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Tie score 7-7

VADER72
09-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Woodhead looks like a hobbit.

dizzolve
09-09-2013, 08:04 PM
God Chris Berman is so boring for NFL

Justblaze2729
09-09-2013, 08:04 PM
This is petty, but I don't like listening to Boom calling the Houstan/Chargers game. Just doesn't have the voice for it.

He's actually putting me to sleep he's so boring .. And I keep waiting for Trent to speak but I think he forgot he was in the booth.

Maybe boomer is putting him to sleep as well.

VADER72
09-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Love Boom, but not in the booth. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chillez
09-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I thought I was the only one but like others have said Boom is putting me to sleep. The guy is way past his prime which is a real shame. The guy is an legend of football.

Justblaze2729
09-09-2013, 08:10 PM
The texans are so average .. Stop foster and that's it.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Impressive drive for the Chargers. A lot of happy Bronco fans on this thread. 14-7

broncoslover115
09-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Yup, BOOM's putting me to sleep too. Chargers are looking pretty sharp.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 08:12 PM
The texans are so average .. Stop foster and that's it.

That's what happens when you have average to little above QB. Now imagine the Texans with real good QB. :eek:

WildcatsBroncos
09-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Cheer for Rivers, hahaha, nope

cmc0605
09-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Eddie Royal looking good out there. I always liked him. Quite happy with our WR core, but always wanted him to stay

dizzolve
09-09-2013, 08:19 PM
bahh Eddie Royal will be injured by week 5

Arian Foster always reminds me of Terrell Davis

BroncosDivision
09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
also,

It really is. Disappointing. :(

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Chargers defense with a defensive stop. They looking better than the Texans. Not sure if it's a good idea to root for them.

They look good.

dizzolve
Well it's the only game on

I only bumped because I want to post stuff about the game

I'd love to see them stop Foster in this game though for fantasy

Plus I need Mathews to score 10 more points

DenverBlood
Impressive drive for the Chargers. A lot of happy Bronco fans on this thread. 14-7

It's not a lot of happy Broncos fans. I don't know why you keep saying that. The only person in this entire thread rooting for them is the OP.

Literally every response from normal rational Broncos fans has been heck no. Not possible to root for the Chargers.

Stop using the OP to represent Broncos Country.

Justblaze2729
09-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Chargers defense with a defensive stop. They looking better than the Texans. Not sure if it's a good idea to root for them.

They look good.

Nah shaub is just average as average can be.

captainbronco
09-09-2013, 08:26 PM
no never i always root against a division team i have andre johnson and their D on my fantasy team and all i need is 8 points to win!

MileHile
09-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Joe Mays looking the best on Texans D

DenverBlood
09-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Whatever. Fine by me.

People seem far too sensitive these days.

Don't see how you can act like people are being sensitive just because no one agrees with your irrational thread.

If not a single poster replies agreeing with your OP that should tell you maybe your idea wasn't so well thought out.

It's not being sensitive that the heart of Broncos Country despises the Chargers and would not root for them at any point in the season let alone week 1.

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Rivers very efficient tonight 139 qb rating so far.

dizzolve
09-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Jaret Johnson is playing well

Looks something like a Derek Wolfe only smaller

EddieMac
09-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I am stunned at this thread.......

Go Houston beat a division rival please....... We will take care of you when it is time.

Booooooo Chargers.

Merged into the MNF thread....thats proper.

VADER72
09-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Houston looks like garbage

Broncos-R-Great
09-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Wow Houston, at least try

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 08:53 PM
McCoy needs tighter pants.

Justblaze2729
09-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Now all charger fans probably think they have a shot at the division hahahahaha.

The chargers are shocked they're beating an average Texan team .

BIGB83
09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm sure 24-0 felt good at halftime last year too.....whole half to go

captainbronco
09-09-2013, 08:56 PM
geez the texans look like crap

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I thought the Texans would be the one team to challenge us come playoff time. Maybe they aren't that good. Maybe the Chargers and Chiefs are bouncing up (though I hope not and Im still not impressed by the Chiefs beating a pathetic Jags team, however).

BIGB83
09-09-2013, 08:59 PM
I thought the Texans would be the one team to challenge us come playoff time. Maybe they aren't that good. Maybe the Chargers and Chiefs are bouncing up (though I hope not and Im still not impressed by the Chiefs beating a pathetic Jags team, however).

Or maybe its the first week of the season....

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Or maybe its the first week of the season....

Im all for that. I hope Chargers and Chiefs still suck like always :D

gtown53
09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Wow, Houston just got pimped on that pass at the end of the 1st half. Clearly the receiver (Andre Johnson) had one foot down, and was dragging the other when the ball was in his hands. His elbow did touch out of bounds, but both feet were down when the ball hit his hands. And I'm no Houston fan.

KansasKrista
09-09-2013, 09:09 PM

I am not impressed with the Chiefs yet either.. winning against the worst team in the league isn't anything to feel great about. I do think they will be much better but, I do not see them as being a big obstacle in our division.

I do however think certain people need to slow the heck down here. All of this "home field advantage" talk after week 1 is utterly ridiculous. In case some haven't noticed the Chargers look impressive tonight and the AFC West has gotten better.. you can see all three of our AFC West rivals have improved... even the Raiders.

There is no guarantee.. we have to win our division first and it wouldn't surprise me if we have our hands full with a couple of teams in our division, like the Chargers.

Justblaze2729
09-09-2013, 09:19 PM
JJ watt is on a milk carton .

Chillez
09-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Man, the Chargers are going to score again. I'm not gonna lie I am stunned and shocked by this. I had no idea the Chargers would score on Texans defense like this...

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Haha the ref just pushed Rivers.

#87Birdman
Man, the Chargers are going to score again. I'm not gonna lie I am stunned and shocked by this. I had no idea the Chargers would score on Texans defense like this...
the Texans aren't covering the RB. Rivers just tosses it out to the back who has no one with in 10 yards.

GoManning
Rivers needs 3 more TDs to tie up with Manning

Chillez
09-09-2013, 09:27 PM

Haha, I saw that. I was like something about to go down here. Maybe Rivers would of got injected out of the game.

assassin216
09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Cant believe people actually want the Chargers to win...talk about shameful....smh

Broncos-R-Great
09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Wow, Berman loves the Chargers, tone it down a little dude

AC1
09-09-2013, 09:29 PM

That was after Rivers shoved the ref. I'm shocked that wasn't a flag or an ejection! Rivers was disgraceful through that entire process and all Dilfer has to say is "he's a competitor"

one5beast
09-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Lol. Rivers is one fire. :laugh:

I like the looks of how the AFC West is. Make it more of a challenge to make the playoffs and make Broncos have to work harder.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 09:30 PM
We need a gif of referee shove to Rivers and vice versa.

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 09:31 PM
The Texans will go as far as Matt Schaub takes them.

If they had gotten ahold of Manning, sheesh they'd have been nearly unstoppable.

GoManning
Schaub is playing scared

GoManning
That was a nice throw.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Taking HOU forever to try to score a TD.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Sd 28-14

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Get a fumble and score a TD.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:44 PM
3:30 left in the 3rd. HOU needs to score.

BIGB83
09-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Lots of time left

Preetv
09-09-2013, 09:48 PM
You dumb shaub

BIGB83
09-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Huge sack....ugh

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 09:50 PM
You dumb shaub

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

hi.

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Schaub gettin his Flacco on

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:53 PM
We need a gif of referee shove to Rivers and vice versa.

Hopefully SBnation gets on it.

I didn't DVRthe game.

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Cox does a great job turning and looking for the ball.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Can't catch....

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Sd 28-17

hou fg

Never mind, HOU got the ball back.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 09:57 PM
SD 28 HOU 21

3 TDs for #8

Justblaze2729
The sparklers doing what sparklers do .. Fizzling out .

Broncoholic JS
Hahahahaha

Broncos-R-Great
Hmmm... Ok, whatever that penalty was worked out lol

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Phyllis is standing on the sideline going

"...boy this all seems so....familiar..."

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't even get that penalty, but it works lol.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Watt needs to sack Rivers. He looks too clean

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't even get that penalty, but it works lol.

This :D
10char

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 10:02 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Boy is this classic Chargers or what?!?!

Justblaze2729
09-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Finally he makes a play.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Snatch that 4th TD #8

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Like Montana wears Sketchers.

Broncos-R-Great
Somebody finally informed JJ Watt they're playing a game

Chillez
We have ball game now. This game just got very interesting.

assassin216
09-09-2013, 10:05 PM
San Diego is about to have another Monday Night collapse again...

:laugh:

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Get that first down.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Somebody finally informed JJ Watt they're playing a game

Miller >> Watt. Even though Miller gone for first six games. Once he comes back we will be elite defense again.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Go for the 4th down.

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:07 PM
That fake though.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Holy crap a fake.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:08 PM
We should try that play sometime.

Chillez
09-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Great playcall and beautiful fake.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Scaub needs protection.

CoryWinget81
What a horrible block

#87Birdman
We should try that play sometime.
wouldn't you have to punt to do a fake :P

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:13 PM
wouldn't you have to punt to do a fake :P

Snap :D

10char

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Atta boy houston

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
HAHAHA Thank you

CoryWinget81
HAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

OH PHILIP

I love you.

Chillez
Lol Rivers does it again pick six. Epic choke job.

BroncoFanNC
Wow Rivers does it again.

Blazindro
This is what you do to Rivers. Rush him and he will rush that pass all the time and throw those trademark interceptions.

BIGB83
09-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Haha classic rivers! !! Also classic rivers complaining to the ref everytime he does something stupid

GoManning
5th TD for Rivers but one went to the HOU.

Broncos-R-Great
I wonder if the Chargers throats always hurt from choking so much

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Touchception!!

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Sd 28 hou 28

#87Birdman
09-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Can we play the chargers every year on Monday night football

Broncos-R-Great
09-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Lol, Cushing looks like Brady Quinn on steroids

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:18 PM
That's how you finish a 6 pick.

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Lol, Cushing looks like Brady Quinn on steroids

To be fair, Brady Quinn looks like Brady Quinn on steroids..

Chillez
09-09-2013, 10:19 PM
5th TD for Rivers but one went to the HOU.

Haha, well played my good, sir. :laugh:

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Philip throwing horrible now. He's scared :D

GoManning
Probably meltdown over at Bolts forum. lol

Broncos-R-Great
To be fair, Brady Quinn looks like Brady Quinn on steroids..

That's very true

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:21 PM
3 and out.

lol

BroncoFanNC
Eddie Royal dropsies

Blazindro
Oh my Eddie. Nice horrible catch haha.

BIGB83
Is this deja vu or what?

Chillez
Royal gotta make that catch.

assassin216
09-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Is this deja vu or what?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Justblaze2729
Probably meltdown over at Bolts forum. lol
I'm actually on there.

Fire McCoy
Old rivers is back
Different year same chargers
Gonna be a long season
I hate this team

Just a few

BroncoFanNC
Lots of Texans fans there.

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Why would run out of bounds.

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Philip started to play like his old old self in the first half. He has since rediscovered that he was doing so well he needed to start rushing passes and throwing pick sixes as if his offensive line wasnt on the field :)

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:25 PM
HOu needs to play smart

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:26 PM
With his helmet on, Schaub kind of looks like Ben Affleck.

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I agree with Dilfer. No idea why they called a TO.

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:27 PM
However, at this rate Houston needs another pick 6 to win. There offense is meh.

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:27 PM
I dont understand why do teams always throw short like that. That gets no where.

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 10:28 PM
See, this is why Schaub is garbage.

Why throw underneath? you had plenty of time in the pocket, direct your receivers and make a play...

...sheesh.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I see Mays. Now sack Rivers.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:30 PM
3 and out

10char

Blazindro
Dang Cushing hurt again. Hope it isnt serious.

BroncoFanNC
Wow a Hou player tried to smack the ball on the punt.

GoManning
4 mins left

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:31 PM
At this point just get into FG range. When Rivers is playing scared like this they don't do much.

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:33 PM
2mins left

Chillez
09-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Houston going get few more yards to kick the game winning FG.

BroncoFanNC
09-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Cox giving Johnson a ton of room.

GoManning
HOU got the first down.

Blazindro
Good conversion

CoryWinget81
tick tick tick tick tick tick

Chillez
Game over now.

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Game over now.

Now now kickers are known to choke ;)

BroncoFanNC
Game over now.

Gotta make the FG first.

GoManning
Be the hero Bullock.

CoryWinget81
This is one chunky kicker

Blazindro
09-09-2013, 10:40 PM
He looks nervous lol

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:40 PM
41 yd att

10cahr

GoManning
09-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Game over!

Blazindro
Good job Houston. Love seeing Chargers 0-1.

BroncoFanNC
Amazing choke job.

captainbronco
Hahhahahahah

Chillez
09-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Gotta make the FG first.

It looks like they did. Called it.

CoryWinget81
09-09-2013, 10:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Watching the Endzone angle, people getting up and leaving before the kick even goes through

hahahahahahaha

9erEmpire
09-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Where were the Denver fans rooting for San Diego?