PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick for the SB Halftime show?

Rancid
09-09-2013, 06:08 PM
I have never heard of Bruno Mars. I neither like him or dislike him. It seems to me the Entertainment committee could use our help so who would you suggest for next year's halftime show-- legit picks please, no Ice Cube, Misfits, Slipknot, etc.

My suggestions: Tom Petty, Korn, or Weezer.

Southstander
09-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I have never heard of Bruno Mars. I neither like him or dislike him. It seems to me the Entertainment committee could use our help so who would you suggest for next year's halftime show-- legit picks please, no Ice Cube, Misfits, Slipknot, etc.

My suggestions: Tom Petty, Korn, or Weezer.

First you say "legit picks" only to list Korn as one of your picks.:laugh:, and Tom Petty has the halftime show a few years ago. Wheezer also really is not a "legit pick" they do not have a large fan base in comparison to the recent selections.

For me it would be:
Garth Brooks. He puts on a great show and has a extremely large fan base.
Neil Diamond. He is always one of the biggest draws when he is on tour.
Michael Buble.

ruksak
09-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Slayer is a legit pick, right?

So long as there's no more Beyonce crotch performing, I'm good.

captainbronco
09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
a modern band of some sort like Red Hot Chili Peppers or Incubus im sick of the crap they try to shove down our throats

Rancid
09-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Neil Diamond. He is always one of the biggest draws when he is on tour.

I was going to say this one also-- glad you did.

VADER72
09-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Bon Jovi. They're from New Jersey

ruksak
09-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Lynard Skynyrd would just make my year.

Best one I've seen in years was Prince. Something about seeing that dude play Purple Rain in the pouring Miami rain was special. No lip syncing there.

Bronco51
09-09-2013, 09:15 PM
I know they won't do it but Pearl Jam would be my rock pick. But being in New York, Jay Z would be alright as well.

EddieMac
09-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Black SAbbath!! hey they are on tour now why not?

Preetv
09-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Bruno Mars is amazing...dunno about SB halftime tho but I don't mind. Love his music.

roushmartin6
09-09-2013, 11:15 PM
AC/DC (though it will never happen)

JakeNbake
09-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RHCP like someone already stated.

Hmm I don't know.

JohnShaft
09-10-2013, 12:59 AM
So many better options than the last few.

Metallica would my first choice.

Otherwise there's been some good shouts already.
Bon Jovi should have been a given in Jersey.
Foo Fighters. Black Sabbath. AC/DC. Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Iron Maiden.

Bernie24
09-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Eminem or Kanye. Blink 182.

Realistically though, Foo Fighters.

2 Minute Warning
09-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Brian Setzer and the Stray Cats:rockon::dance:

Or some Marching Bands.

Spice 1
09-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Of those mentioned, I'd say:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Prince
Metallica

They're all popular acts that people wouldn't find too offensive. Unless Prince and the RHCP went old school.

Anything would be better than Bruno Mars. It's become SOP for the half time show to suck anyways. They might as well get Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber. I'm not gunna watch that crap anyways.

Hadez
09-10-2013, 07:45 AM
I watched the halftime show for the first time in a while last year.

Was funny how Beyonce could never get on her star on the stage and made the backgroud stuff look off center because she was never on her star. Also it was cool how she brought the other girls back from DC but I did not get the feeling it was like it should be...hard to explain. I like Beyonce too just felt the performance was not up to the Super Bowl level.

I understand they want popular songs and all but they need to find good performers even if that means doing something uunconventional.

Doubt I watch the halftime show for another couple years honestly.

Dunno if anyone watches SYTYCD (my gf got me into it this season) but I think the NFL should get Nappy Tabs to make the halftime show allowing them to pick the music and performers. Those two know how to put on a show.

Thors Hammer
09-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Foo Fighters, one of the few bands around today that really know how to put on a live performance.

JohnShaft
09-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I'd love to see Metallica, but really the ideal time would have been in the 90's. I'd be amazed if they get the chance now, as the choices seem to be moving away from "old geezers".

But the Foo's - it'll be pretty ridiculous if they don't get picked in the next 2/3 years. There's a lot of Rock/Metal bands I prefer, but they are the acceptable face of the genre.

It just irritates me that the NFL is going all 'popular' and 'urban'. Save that for the NBA. Football is more metal.

Southstander
09-10-2013, 01:04 PM
a modern band of some sort like Red Hot Chili Peppers or Incubus im sick of the crap they try to shove down our throats

What is funny is I would feel that way about these bands. I think that this is why the League has such a hard time in setting up halftime shows. Especially after Janet Jackson. Most modem Rock bans will not if ever play th Super Bowl. One of only exception might be Metallica. The are hugely popular and are mature enough to not put stupid stunts. I primarily listen to Contempary Christian music. I can think of a good dozen people or band that would put on a great show, but I know they will never be invited because of the League not wanting to offened part of their fan base. As Michael Jordon once said "Republicans buy shoes too".

Preetv
09-15-2013, 10:28 PM
MJ

Oh what I'd give to have that moment...sigh </3

dizzolve
09-15-2013, 10:51 PM
My suggestion would be - extra analysis of the game

I don't find most halftime shows very entertaining - I did like the aerosmith that one time.

Most pop music is crap anymore. ... There are some really great bands and artists out there but they're not popular enough for something like the superbowl -

I'd just prefer seeing highlights from the first half

AznBroncoFan
09-17-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't even listen to american mainstream music anymore. Give me some metal from Europe. Great bands all over from Germany to Finland.

RaiderFanSD
09-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Slayer is a legit pick, right?

So long as there's no more Beyonce crotch performing, I'm good.

Haha! That's who I'd pick.... too bad Jeff Hanneman is gone...

IMO this would be a killer half time song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68SgQLKnlYM