PDA

View Full Version : Redesigned NFL Logos

The Experience
09-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Pretty sweet IMO

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/506/712/ScreenShot2013-09-18at11.41.27AM_crop_north.png?w=910&h=506&q=75

atwaterandstir
09-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Awesome! I really like some of them....especially the Redskins, Buccaneers, 49ers and Browns

one5beast
09-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I like how the broncos looks like a mountain

Charlie Brown
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM
I hate that they made the Browns a section of the stadium (a dog). Brownies are Elves, not dogs.

Houshmazode
09-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Those are pretty good.

I like the Jags one, they should use that instead of their real one. Same goes with the Bears, Colts, Chargers, Redskins, Rams and Falcons.

The Seattle one looks strange, and the SF one is a ripoff of the Nuggets logo. That one still looks good though.

EddieMac
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Rams and Titans are awesome!!

BroncoFanBoy
09-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I hate that they made the Browns a section of the stadium (a dog). Brownies are Elves, not dogs.

After what went on today, this represents the Browns a lot better:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lZF-bdptC5A/TabG1b7kEbI/AAAAAAAAAA8/lVxiYh8Tu2k/s1600/stupid_people_doing_stupid_things_24.jpg

atwaterandstir
09-18-2013, 09:44 PM

Except that the Cleveland Browns have nothing to do with a little elf.
The Cleveland Browns werent named after the iconic creature, the elf was only adopted to give recognition. The elf is nothing more than a logo and logos change all the time. Its the team name that has meaning.

Even the St Louis Browns (baseball) used the elf as a mascot because it was a challenge to promote a team with that name.

The dawg pound is every bit as iconic as the elf..... The elf is still popular with Browns fans much like our throwback logos are still popular with us Bronco fans.
But they are logos nothing more.

Charlie Brown
09-18-2013, 11:19 PM
The Dawg Pound was born in the 80s and is a section of the stadium. It is not the team's logo. The elf has been the logo since 1946, the year the team came into existence. The elf if anything would be the "logo".

atwaterandstir
09-18-2013, 11:41 PM
The Dawg Pound was born in the 80s and is a section of the stadium. It is not the team's logo. The elf has been the logo since 1946, the year the team came into existence. The elf if anything would be the "logo".

I didnt say the dawg pound was the logo....I said its just as iconic as the elf.

The elf LOGO was chosen after the owner asked for submissions to make the team more marketable with a logo. In fact after coach Brown didnt want the team named after him the owner settled on the Panthers(which couldnt be used due to naming rights) after a contest to select a team name. The team then had another naming contest and decided on the Browns after it was suggested to be named after the Brown Bomber (Joe Louis)

The Browns have no association with a Brownie Elf outside of it happening to be the first marketing tool used to promote the team.

Charlie Brown
09-19-2013, 05:15 AM
I didnt say the dawg pound was the logo....I said its just as iconic as the elf.

The elf LOGO was chosen after the owner asked for submissions to make the team more marketable with a logo. In fact after coach Brown didnt want the team named after him the owner settled on the Panthers(which couldnt be used due to naming rights) after a contest to select a team name. The team then had another naming contest and decided on the Browns after it was suggested to be named after the Brown Bomber (Joe Louis)

The Browns have no association with a Brownie Elf outside of it happening to be the first marketing tool used to promote the team.

Then why not have the Raiders one be a black dot? After all it is the "Black Hole"? The elf is synonymous with the Browns as is their helmet - not a dog. The dog is a new thing and is about a section of the stadium - the South stands. Nowhere else in the stadium. Just that single spot.

Spice 1
09-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Titans and Chiefs look good to me. 9ers looks good, but like somebody else said, it's a Nuggets rip off. Some of those are pretty bad, though.

atwaterandstir
09-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Then why not have the Raiders somber be a black dot? After all it is the "Black Hole"? The elf is synonymous with the Browns as is their helmet - not a dog. The dog is a new thing and is about a section of the stadium - the South stands. Nowhere else in the stadium. Just that single spot.

If the Cleveland Browns were named after the Brownie elfs you might have legit concern. The elf was a mascot, a logo, a marketing tool. Not the teams namesake.
Your black hole reference is absurd, the Raiders have a logo and its used on their helmets. The elf was never used on the helmet it was used for print ads, to give the faceless Brown a recognizable logo.
But as I mentioned the elf has nothing to do with the name, it was a mere logo and logo changes all the time. The elf was a logo as was the brown B inside a white football as was the CB and on to the logo less used one of today.

Recent ownership has brought back the iconic logo as a marketing tool, much like the Broncos and all other teams bring back throwback logos and plaster them on merchandise.

Once again they are not the Cleveland Brownie elves....never were. Nobody is suggesting the team be called the Cleveland dawgs, so you should stop defending the team as if they were ever the Cleveland Brownie elves.

Charlie Brown
09-19-2013, 07:06 AM
If the Cleveland Browns were named after the Brownie elfs you might have legit concern. The elf was a mascot, a logo, a marketing tool. Not the teams namesake.
Your black hole reference is absurd, the Raiders have a logo and its used on their helmets. The elf was never used on the helmet it was used for print ads, to give the faceless Brown a recognizable logo.
But as I mentioned the elf has nothing to do with the name, it was a mere logo and logo changes all the time. The elf was a logo as was the brown B inside a white football as was the CB and on to the logo less used one of today.

Recent ownership has brought back the iconic logo as a marketing tool, much like the Broncos and all other teams bring back throwback logos and plaster them on merchandise.

Once again they are not the Cleveland Brownie elves....never were. Nobody is suggesting the team be called the Cleveland dawgs, so you should stop defending the team as if they were ever the Cleveland Brownie elves.

The elf was the symbol for the team throughout the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Then was replaced by the helmet logo or the name Browns. The Dog never was, never has been, and never will be a logo for the team. It is a section of the stadium. Just as the Black Hole is not a logo for the Raiders and is merely a name for the rowdy fans. The same thing for the Dawg Pound. The Dawg Pound is a section of bleachers at the stadium. It is not the team. It is not the fans - it is merely a section of the stands. Which is less than the Brownie Elf. The Brownie Elf has represented the team in print media since it's inception.

atwaterandstir
09-19-2013, 07:23 AM
The elf was the symbol for the team throughout the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Then was replaced by the helmet logo or the name Browns. The Dog never was, never has been, and never will be a logo for the team. It is a section of the stadium. Just as the Black Hole is not a logo for the Raiders and is merely a name for the rowdy fans. The same thing for the Dawg Pound. The Dawg Pound is a section of bleachers at the stadium. It is not the team. It is not the fans - it is merely a section of the stands. Which is less than the Brownie Elf. The Brownie Elf has represented the team in print media since it's inception.

Actually your wrong, the Dawg pound is a trademarked logo used by the Browns to this very day. Its not the teams official symbol, just like the elf never was and never will be.

"The new Pound also has official recognition from the team. The team trademarked a Dawg Pound logo, which it uses on select fan memorabilia. This logo was created by NFL Properties and is the only such logo developed for an NFL fan base by the league. It features a Browns helmet-clad dog gripping a football in its jaws surrounded by the words "DAWG POUND" in a stencil font. The logo is featured on officially licensed Browns merchandise such as t-shirts, pennants, bumper stickers, etc."

The elf is not the teams namesake it was a once used logo that ownership wanted to do away with. The Cleveland Browns have as much to do with an elf logo as the Cleveland Browns have to do with the Dawg pound. They are both associations with the Cleveland Browns football team.

Brownie the elf was nothing more than a mascot. And a mascot is certainly not an unchangeable part of any team.

Charlie Brown
09-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Actually your wrong, the Dawg pound is a trademarked logo used by the Browns to this very day. Its not the teams official symbol, just like the elf never was and never will be.

"The new Pound also has official recognition from the team. The team trademarked a Dawg Pound logo, which it uses on select fan memorabilia. This logo was created by NFL Properties and is the only such logo developed for an NFL fan base by the league. It features a Browns helmet-clad dog gripping a football in its jaws surrounded by the words "DAWG POUND" in a stencil font. The logo is featured on officially licensed Browns merchandise such as t-shirts, pennants, bumper stickers, etc."

The elf is not the teams namesake it was a once used logo that ownership wanted to do away with. The Cleveland Browns have as much to do with an elf logo as the Cleveland Browns have to do with the Dawg pound. They are both associations with the Cleveland Browns football team.

Like I said. It is a section of the stadium. You sit in the Dawg Pound. It is a section of the stadium and was trademarked for that purpose. The Dawg does not represent the team. The Elf has and does. Look at the programs for the championship games of the 40's there is no Dawg there is an elf. Why? The Dawg Pound did not exist for one. Second, the elf served as a personification of the team. Something the Dawg has not and will not do.

atwaterandstir
09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Like I said. It is a section of the stadium. You sit in the Dawg Pound. It is a section of the stadium and was trademarked for that purpose. The Dawg does not represent the team. The Elf has and does. Look at the programs for the championship games of the 40's there is no Dawg there is an elf. Why? The Dawg Pound did not exist for one. Second, the elf served as a personification of the team. Something the Dawg has not and will not do.

Your arguing facts that nobody has ever denied.....the team isnt the dawg pound, the team isnt the elves.

The elf was used for about 15 years 46-61 and then done away with by Modell and only recently made somewhat of a comeback. The dawg pound (which, yes everybody knows is a section of the stadium) is every bit as iconic as the elf.

The dog does in fact represent the team every bit as much as the elf does. They are both nothing more than symbols that associate the team. The logos are both used by the team and the logos both have zero to do with the Cleveland Browns namesake.

And of course the programs from the 40s have the elf....it was the mascot at the time. But just because it was the first mascot used to associate the team, doesnt mean its the teams logo. The elf is iconic, nothing more. Its like the phoenix suns gorilla, it was a symbol or mascot used for recognition.

Thread has been derailed.....and to the OP I apologize.

atwaterandstir
09-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Titans and Chiefs look good to me. 9ers looks good, but like somebody else said, it's a Nuggets rip off. Some of those are pretty bad, though.

I really like the Titans as well. The 49ers is a ripoff but I still like it. The only ones I really dont like are the Packers, Bears and Seahawks. The Panthers could be better as well. Its such a good subject matter they could make it look more fierce.
My favorites are the Browns, Redskins and Buccaneers though.

Who designed these? Were these fan submissions or something?

Cajun
09-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Fairly creative but a few questions and comments.

why does chargers have a horse?

Packers would not like it. Maybe a 3d "G"

I will hold my thoughts about others. Dont want to come off as too critical when you obviously put a lot of time and effort into this.

baphamet
09-20-2013, 03:52 PM
why does chargers have a horse?

because a "charger" is a war horse.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4585411338764406&w=139&h=175&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Cajun
09-20-2013, 10:27 PM
because a "charger" is a war horse.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4585411338764406&w=139&h=175&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

I learned something new.. I do recall seeing that emblem. It just didnt register the way he presented it.

the whole charger-san diego thing still doesnt make sense to me as a whole but the same could be said of other cities/states teams as well.

dizzolve
09-20-2013, 11:23 PM
lol the Buffalo logo is a guy fumbling

baphamet
09-22-2013, 08:50 AM
I learned something new.. I do recall seeing that emblem. It just didnt register the way he presented it.

the whole charger-san diego thing still doesnt make sense to me as a whole but the same could be said of other cities/states teams as well.

well the chargers started in LA but ya, its not like the name has anything to do with the region or city, if that's what you mean.

a charger is a medieval war horse, i just think its something they thought of off the top of their head at the time lol

you can say that about a lot of teams though.

Houshmazode
09-24-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.thedrawplay.com/?page_id=477

http://www.thedrawplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Williams.png
http://www.thedrawplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Uncouth-Norsemen.png
http://www.thedrawplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Beaky-Bastards.png
http://www.thedrawplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Dazzling-Lightybulbs.png
http://www.thedrawplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GreasyArse.png

atwaterandstir
09-24-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.thedrawplay.com/?page_id=477

g[/IMG]