PDA

View Full Version : What would you do???

Jermz79
09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
I have two Jay Cutler Bronco Jerseys ... a White and an Orange :sad:

I also have a personalized Blue, an Elway Throwback and a White Rod Smith!

Needless to say I don't wear the Cutler Jersey's anymore .... so I'm thinking ... what do I do with them? Do I put them on Ebay and HOPE that someone buys them, do I trade them for something, or do I give them away?

What would you do with them? ... short of throwing them in the garbage, burning them, using them as garage rags etc. ........ no advice to destroy them!

WildcatsBroncos
09-19-2013, 09:38 AM
I threw my Dumervil away

Jermz79
09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Uggggh I just can't fathom throwing away $100 ... these are the Reebok jerseys that were one step above the "cheap" version ... I forget what they call them? But I do remember them being like $90 or so ....

theMileHighGuy
09-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I threw my Dumervil away

Why would you throw it away?

Give it to salvation army or something at least... .. .

Broncoholic3233
09-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Take the name plates off. But new ones on with same number or change the number on it if you don't want it custom.

AZ bronco
09-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I threw my Dumervil awayso did the broncos

AZ bronco
09-19-2013, 10:04 AM
try e-bay. keep them until the day we face the bears, then try again that week and as a last resort get on camera doing something with the jersey on gameday.
did you love cutler?
why buy two?
this thread should be a cautionary tail for anyone wanting to spend their hard earned coin on a player jersey.
Go with a retired bronco, it will always have value!
or customize your own name and # it will always have value for you.

Letswinplz77
09-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Contact wake a wish and see if there are any Cutler fans who would like the jersey.

Letswinplz77
09-19-2013, 10:07 AM
so did the broncos

Hang on, hang on, I'm still laughing. No wait, now I'm crying. Wait, I'm laughing again...

JerseyAdam
09-19-2013, 10:10 AM

Needless to say I don't wear the Cutler Jersey's anymore .... so I'm thinking ... what do I do with them? Do I put them on Ebay and HOPE that someone buys them, do I trade them for something, or do I give them away?

What would you do with them? ... short of throwing them in the garbage, burning them, using them as garage rags etc. ........ no advice to destroy them!

Dart practice?

Kracker
09-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Hang them up in your Broncos Room/Man Cave.....You don't have one? Make one.

psychobilly
09-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Send them to Phyllis Rivers.

JWinn
09-19-2013, 10:24 AM
I still have all my jerseys, even the Cutlers.

Hey, if you don't want your Bronco jerseys, ANY Bronco jerseys, I'll take em. No problem. I'll give em a good home, lol.

:logo:

Jermz79
09-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Take the name plates off. But new ones on with same number or change the number on it if you don't want it custom.

These don't have the Nameplates that can be removed, the name and numbers are screen printed.

try e-bay. keep them until the day we face the bears, then try again that week and as a last resort get on camera doing something with the jersey on gameday.
did you love cutler?
why buy two?
this thread should be a cautionary tail for anyone wanting to spend their hard earned coin on a player jersey.
Go with a retired bronco, it will always have value!
or customize your own name and # it will always have value for you.

Did I love Cutler? No, not necessarily .... but I liked him, enough to buy two jerseys! I'm scared to list them on eBay because of all the fee's associated with selling them and I can't forsee a lot of Bears fans buying a Broncos jersey even if he is their QB.

Contact wake a wish and see if there are any Cutler fans who would like the jersey.

This is actually a great idea, maybe I will check that out!

Dart practice?

I think that falls under the lines of "destruction" so I'll pass!

Hang them up in your Broncos Room/Man Cave.....You don't have one? Make one.

Uggggh I wish I had one, but I don't and don't have an option to make one either so that's a no go!

Send them to Phyllis Rivers.

Along with a self destructing Inspector Gadget note that will blow that stupid smirk right off of his face!!

I still have all my jerseys, even the Cutlers.

Hey, if you don't want your Bronco jerseys, ANY Bronco jerseys, I'll take em. No problem. I'll give em a good home, lol.

I understand you have them ... I still have mine ... but I definitely won't be wearing them any time soon so hence my question ... if you don't wear them anymore, what would you do with them?
Do you still wear your Cutler jerseys or do they just sit in a drawer or hang in a closet somewhere?

EddieMac
09-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I just ordered a $22 Atwater nameplate/number and put it one of my jerseys .

I used acetone and a razor to peel the old ones off. Took some time but now I am not out $100 and wear it again.

Jermz79
09-19-2013, 12:52 PM
I just ordered a $22 Atwater nameplate/number and put it one of my jerseys .

I used acetone and a razor to peel the old ones off. Took some time but now I am not out $100 and wear it again.

Hmmm interesting ... how did the acetone and razor work out? can you detail a bit what you did?

JakeNbake
09-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Well mine was the sewn one and I just pulled the nameplate off. Someday I might put a new one on. I'm not really sure how to do that because I can't sew and don't know where to get the stuff... I'm sure I could look it up but man that's a lot of work.

JWinn
09-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I understand you have them ... I still have mine ... but I definitely won't be wearing them any time soon so hence my question ... if you don't wear them anymore, what would you do with them?
Do you still wear your Cutler jerseys or do they just sit in a drawer or hang in a closet somewhere?

These days, I really only wear jerseys to games. I stopped wearing them just out and about a few years ago for the most part. I put one on for away games too, but that's really about it.

They just hang in the closet along with the rest of them, right next to a Bubby Brister jersey.

If you really wont wear em again, donate em. Your local Goodwill will take them.

Where are ya Jermz? If you can get it to Boulder, or Weld County, I am sure someone up there would take even a Cutler jersey to wear on Gameday. (edit..Opps, never mind)

Any Bronco jersey is better than none on game day. :thumb:

EddieMac
09-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Hmmm interesting ... how did the acetone and razor work out? can you detail a bit what you did?

I just wiped the letter with some acetone to loosen them up. I then used a blow dryer and razor to heat and peek the letters/number pretty easily . Another wipe with acetone left no trace of the old glue or letters.

Took a little time but just picked at it and all went well.

captainbronco
09-19-2013, 08:01 PM
I threw my Dumervil away
Who?????????????

one_bad_55
09-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Well mine was the sewn one and I just pulled the nameplate off. Someday I might put a new one on. I'm not really sure how to do that because I can't sew and don't know where to get the stuff... I'm sure I could look it up but man that's a lot of work.

A long time ago I had Bill's collectibles on Broadway (Denver) sew some numbers on an AVS jersey. I can't remember if they did it themselves or if they sent them out but they did an AWESOME job and it wasn't all that expensive. They sewed around every number and name plate on the jersey.

I don't know if they still do this but they can probably get you headed in the right direction. They also have some VERY COOL Broncos stuff.

Taos_Broncomaniac
09-19-2013, 09:17 PM

Thumbtacks and drywall make for a quick "I even supported them when" spot on your wall.
Here in N.M. Albertsons supermarket does a 10% off on Sundays when you wear a game jersey. :thumb:

My mom loves the Orton I gave her a few years back, $$$ saved for a tequila whim on the 16th St. mall one night.

People in Ethiopia are starving for cryin' out loud! Wear the Damn things when you throw the garbage or change the oil in the lawnmower. on the other hand, Cutler and his wifey seem to have a problem with other people wearing their clothes in TV commercials. :confused: What did she ever see in that guy? :doh:

Southstander
09-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I would gladly take them off your hand depending on the size and price.

gtown53
09-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Keep them.

What do you think they will be worth if in a few years Manning retires, Osweiler doesn't pan out, Chicago gets sick and tired of Cutler, and Elway ends up bringing Cutler back here for a reunion with our new Head Coach, Mike Shanahan?

Stranger things have happened.

rush_limbaughII
09-19-2013, 11:25 PM

If you ever run out of toilet tissue paper, Cutler's jerseys could come handy.

Chillez
09-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Keep them.

What do you think they will be worth if in a few years Manning retires, Osweiler doesn't pan out, Chicago gets sick and tired of Cutler, and Elway ends up bringing Cutler back here for a reunion with our new Head Coach, Mike Shanahan?

Lol. The story lines in that would be earth shattering. I can't even comprehend it. :goofy:

broncolee
09-20-2013, 05:37 AM
If destroying them or throwing them away isn't an option, donate them.

Jermz79
09-20-2013, 07:02 AM
I just wiped the letter with some acetone to loosen them up. I then used a blow dryer and razor to heat and peek the letters/number pretty easily . Another wipe with acetone left no trace of the old glue or letters.

Took a little time but just picked at it and all went well.

Interesting .... maybe I'll give that a shot!

People in Ethiopia are starving for cryin' out loud! Wear the Damn things when you throw the garbage or change the oil in the lawnmower. on the other hand, Cutler and his wifey seem to have a problem with other people wearing their clothes in TV commercials. :confused: What did she ever see in that guy? :doh:

People in Ethiopia would probably like to have the Cutler Jerseys too ....

Keep them.

That would be hilarious no doubt and make for some very interesting headlines!

psychobilly
09-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Keep them.

And Tebow as a tight end, of course. LOL!

redneckrocker
09-20-2013, 09:12 AM
I still have all my jerseys too. Cutler, Tebow, Dumervil. If I ever get a man cave they will go in it! I even have my old Elway and Davis Puma jerseys from the 90's, they look rough numbers faded and all.

The old players will always be a part of Broncos history.

If you must get rid of them, I would suggest donating, that's what I did with my Pujols t-shirts when he left STL.