PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
The Browns have looked better in this first Quarter than they have all year Charlie. Your best offensive player is still on the team, he was just suspended not traded his name is Josh Gordon. I'm not saying that Cleveland doesn't have work to do but like i said have faith cause they still have some good young talent on the team.

Rkemper20
09-22-2013, 10:50 AM
I just looked at the ticker at the bottom they are taking offers for Gordon and Greg little

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I just looked at the ticker at the bottom they are taking offers for Gordon and Greg little

Little i could see cause he can't catch a cold but if they traded Gordon i really would have to start thinking about the organizations intentions. He is gonna be a beast, unless it's based on his off field trouble but i think he should deserve a second chance.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Gordon over a hundred in the first half, this Jordan Cameron is gonna be a good one too.

Rkemper20
09-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes Cameron Looks pretty good

coltsman451
09-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Playing like they have absolutely nothing to lose--and it's working, by Jove!

Charlie Brown
09-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Cameron had 200 receiving yards the first two games combined. So, no surprise there. Like I said, Willis McGahee is a has been. 5 rushes, 3 yards total. He keeps playing like that and he might just break 100 yards rushing by the end of the year.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Cameron had 200 receiving yards the first two games combined. So, no surprise there. Like I said, Willis McGahee is a has been. 5 rushes, 3 yards total. He keeps playing like that and he might just break 100 yards rushing by the end of the year.

That's cause your offensive line is run blocking worth a squat, i dont think any back in the league could cun behind them....

Charlie Brown
09-22-2013, 12:11 PM
That's cause your offensive line is run blocking worth a squat, i dont think any back in the league could cun behind them....

Trent Richardson did and could.

Charlie Brown
09-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Oh, as somebody else said and as it has been well documented, Josh Gordon IS on the trade block. Lombardi hates him and wants him out. So, he is just helping his trade value.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Trent Richardson averaged 3.6 yards per carry thats not good Charlie.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 12:27 PM

Whats your take on Weeden?

Freyaka
09-22-2013, 12:27 PM
If they trade Gordon I hope he goes somewhere where he can be productive, I have him in fantasy (didn't start him this week though DOH!)

Freyaka
09-22-2013, 12:28 PM

HAHA please don't get him started on that....

Charlie Brown
09-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Trent Richardson averaged 3.6 yards per carry thats good Charlie.

Yea, pretty good. Now? One dimensional team. Teams can stop the run with base defense and can focus on stopping the pass.

Charlie Brown
09-22-2013, 12:30 PM

QB is not problem. The team needs a true #1 receiver. Gordon is a decent #2. But his days are numbered with this front office.

Now lack of a running back makes that even more of an issue, as if Weeden didn't have his hands full already.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 12:33 PM
HAHA please don't get him started on that....

Well i just wouldn't understand why he wouldn't be happy with the pick they got for Trent cause it's obvious the Qb of the future isn't on the current roster.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 12:38 PM
QB is not problem. The team needs a true #1 receiver. Gordon is a decent #2. But his days are numbered with this front office.

Now lack of a running back makes that even more of an issue, as if Weeden didn't have his hands full already.
I beg to differ Gordon is a number one he is big strong and fast the coaches should make more of an effort to get him the ball. Let's hope that the front office doesn't get rid of him.

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Yea, pretty good. Now? One dimensional team. Teams can stop the run with base defense and can focus on stopping the pass.

i meant not good sorry. 3.6 isn't good at all. But you obviously have your mind made up about what needs to be done & what shouldn't have been done so i guess we have to see how it all plays out. I would like to see them keep Gordon though.

Rkemper20
09-22-2013, 01:54 PM
On #Browns WR Josh Gordon, he's been on the trade block for several weeks, source said. Banner wants him out, very clear, source said.

Rkemper20
09-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I thought Gordon looked really good today but Cleveland wants him gone.

Rkemper20
09-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Looks like one team has made a offer for Gordon .

ELWAY421
09-22-2013, 02:01 PM
I thought Gordon looked really good today but Cleveland wants him gone.

10 catches 146 yds 1 td, yea i heard that they were shopping him and Little.

Charlie Brown
09-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Looks like one team has made a offer for Gordon .

Wonder when that'll happen. His play today must have really ticked off those losers in the Front Office. The team won.

roushmartin6
09-23-2013, 12:50 AM
If they trade Gordon I hope he goes somewhere where he can be productive, I have him in fantasy (didn't start him this week though DOH!)

You and me both, I went with Mike Wallace over him because I thought Hoyer wouldn't do squat today, its this plus some other stupid decisions that will result in a loss for me today

roushmartin6
09-23-2013, 12:51 AM
If the Brown's trade Josh Gordon they are destined to remain in the toilet. He is the closest thing to an elite reciever they have had in years.

ELWAY421
09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Well well what do you think now Charlie?????? No Trent No Weeden & the Brownies look like a better ball club, even ol Willis looked good running the ball.

fallforward3y+
09-30-2013, 12:49 AM

Dude, I think your IN LOVE with this guy. Richardson only was averaging 52 yards a game, and didn't even break 1,000 in 2012.

You didn't even have a good running game with him. I think you just want to believe that the trade ruined your teams future.

fallforward3y+
09-30-2013, 12:57 AM

It was actually 3.4. That's only good if it's done consistently on every carry, and it wasn't.

You realize your team was winless before the trade, and has gone undefeated since the trade and your still trying to pretend the trade ruined your team's future.

broncoslover115
09-30-2013, 05:46 AM
Very excited for the Browns and their fans. And to beat a great team like the Bengals. Way to go!

assassin216
09-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Very excited for the Browns and their fans. And to beat a great team like the Bengals. Way to go!

You have no idea,how excited they' are in Cleveland...right now..

The Indians are in the playoffs

The Browns are tied for first place,in the division..

Everybody is excited....Im happy for the hometown....

broncoslover115
09-30-2013, 06:41 AM
You have no idea,how excited they' are in Cleveland...right now..

The Indians are in the playoffs

The Browns are tied for first place,in the division..

Everybody is excited....Im happy for the hometown....

It's nice to see something good happening for them for a change. Love it for them!

Charlie Brown
09-30-2013, 07:32 AM
It was actually 3.4. That's only good if it's done consistently on every carry, and it wasn't.

You realize your team was winless before the trade, and has gone undefeated since the trade and your still trying to pretend the trade ruined your team's future.

So, you attribute the two wins to Richardson leaving and not Gordon returning? Weeks one and two, only Jordan Cameron caught passes. Weeks 3 and 4, Cameron had Gordon to help spread the ball around.

ELWAY421
09-30-2013, 08:34 AM
So, you attribute the two wins to Richardson leaving and not Gordon returning? Weeks one and two, only Jordan Cameron caught passes. Weeks 3 and 4, Cameron had Gordon to help spread the ball around.

I just thought maybe you would say ok ok the sky isn't falling. I also recall you saying Josh Gordon was a number two receiver.

ERoyal248
09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Browns defense is legit.

Need some better pieces on offense.

Charlie Brown
09-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I just thought maybe you would say ok ok the sky isn't falling. I also recall you saying Josh Gordon was a number two receiver.

I did say he is a #2 receiver and I still feel he is. The team is one dimensional and has no real run game anymore.

RaiderFanSD
09-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Richardson stinks. Far too slow of an RB.

Bad drafting of a limited RB but good move by dumping him off for a 1st. Funny seeing Colts fans disappointed by his play already. (Footballsfuture forum)

DenverBlood
09-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Richardson stinks. Far too slow of an RB.

Bad drafting of a limited RB but good move by dumping him off for a 1st. Funny seeing Colts fans disappointed by his play already. (Footballsfuture forum)

Dude runs a 4.4. It's hilarious how many people have this misconception.

In Cleveland defenses stacked the box to stop him because Weeden is not a threat. If anything you should question his vision not his speed. But I 'd still argue there were no holes open. I'd say 3.4 and 12 td's against an 8 man box is actually very impressive.

Not too surprised his numbers haven't taken off in Indy either. Their o-line is no better and even though Luck is way better than Weeden he hasn't been great enough that people won't still stack the box on Trent.

Yeah Bradshaw and Brown have had more success but if you watch the defensive sets when they are in versus Trent it's not a surprise that the o-lines can open up bigger running lanes.

I despise Trent Richardson because I hate Alabama. It takes a lot for me to defend an Alabama player. But when I do it's beacuase I can see the insane potential.

I guarantee by the end of the year Trent will have much more success in Indy.

ELWAY421
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM

The fact of the matter is since the trade the Browns have won two straight games. Now im not saying that the reason for that is Trent being gone, I think most of it is due to the fact that the Browns have a quarterback under center who can make plays. Weeden obviously isn't the answer in Cleveland. However I heard comments like they traded away our whole offense or our best offensive player ect.... But in fact they traded away a running back who they felt they could live without & i haven't seen him do anything yet in Indy to change the Browns organization view. Josh Gordon & Jordan Cameron are the Browns best players on offense & it was that way when Trent was there also. Trent isn't nor ever will be anything close to Adian Peterson, so what did you really lose? You lost a running back who can be alot easier to replace, then trying to find a frachise Qb, you of all people should know that example Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Colt Mccoy, Brandon Weeden. I mean Ultimately it's about winning right? So maybe with that #1 pick they got the Browns will get that franchise Qb, like i said before be patient with the new ownership.

fallforward3y+
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM

That's not what I was saying, your missing the point. Gordon returning and Hoyer playing well is likely the biggest reason the team is playing better.

The point was, that clearly Richardson's loss has not hurt your team to the level you were predicting if they are actually doing BETTER with him being gone. Apparently your most impactful offensive player was not Richardson, the difference has been due to a different player.

fallforward3y+
09-30-2013, 07:02 PM
I did say he is a #2 receiver and I still feel he is. The team is one dimensional and has no real run game anymore.

What is this "anymore". There NEVER was a real running game with Richardson. You were a team with no effective dimensions on offense for the first 2 weeks, now you have one. Richardson's loss has not hurt your team, you can attribute that to an O-line that was too bad for any RB to do well running behind, and that's something I could very well agree with.

However, the fact is the Richardson trade has not hurt your team, and you'll have to accept that sooner or later.

Charlie Brown
09-30-2013, 09:27 PM
The fact of the matter is since the trade the Browns have won two straight games. Now im not saying that the reason for that is Trent being gone, I think most of it is due to the fact that the Browns have a quarterback under center who can make plays. Weeden obviously isn't the answer in Cleveland. However I heard comments like they traded away our whole offense or our best offensive player ect.... But in fact they traded away a running back who they felt they could live without & i haven't seen him do anything yet in Indy to change the Browns organization view. Josh Gordon & Jordan Cameron are the Browns best players on offense & it was that way when Trent was there also. Trent isn't nor ever will be anything close to Adian Peterson, so what did you really lose? You lost a running back who can be alot easier to replace, then trying to find a frachise Qb, you of all people should know that example Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Colt Mccoy, Brandon Weeden. I mean Ultimately it's about winning right? So maybe with that #1 pick they got the Browns will get that franchise Qb, like i said before be patient with the new ownership.

Did you know that Couch was the only QB to be the starter for two consecutive seasons? How do you fix that? Your answer: Don't change anything. Keep getting a new QB every year. Every single year a new QB. It is a revolving door. How about sticking with one for more than a season?! Eli Manning struggled early on in his career. Alex Smith struggled early on. RGIII is struggling this year, so does Washington need a new QB? If it was Cleveland you would say yes, but you won't dare say that about Washington will you?

HUMCALC
09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Did you know that Couch was the only QB to be the starter for two consecutive seasons? How do you fix that? Your answer: Don't change anything. Keep getting a new QB every year. Every single year a new QB. It is a revolving door. How about sticking with one for more than a season?! Eli Manning struggled early on in his career. Alex Smith struggled early on. RGIII is struggling this year, so does Washington need a new QB? If it was Cleveland you would say yes, but you won't dare say that about Washington will you?

Hear hear. I couldn't agree more

ELWAY421
10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4805552]Did you know that Couch was the only QB to be the starter for two consecutive seasons? How do you fix that? Your answer: Don't change anything. Keep getting a new QB every year. Every single year a new QB. It is a revolving door. How about sticking with one for more than a season?! Eli Manning struggled early on in his career. Alex Smith struggled early on. RGIII is struggling this year, so does Washington need a new QB? If it was Cleveland you would say yes, but you won't dare say that about Washington will you?

I was never sold on Rg3, I was sold on Andrew Luck I thought he was a sure bet. None of those Cleveland Quaterbacks were. As a Qb you either have it or you don't Andrew Luck has it Brandon Weeden does not. That was all poor drafting & ultimately falls back on the Lerners. You get a new owner who has had success with Pittsburgh Steelers organization & you obviously don't have any faith in him or who he has put in place. So my question is did you second guess the Lerners? Cause aside from bringing the organization back most of the things they did were a debacle. Look back over the years at how many great players that were passed over in the draft by the Browns, it all falls back on the Lerners for the people they put in place. You can say that you never started any of these Qb's for more than one season but you see what happens to them when they go to other teams are second or third string Brady Quinn had his chance in KC now where is he at? Don't say KC doesn't have talent their 4-0 now. Jim Harbaugh liked Colt so much he tried to trade him in the pre season. Hoyer has looked better in these two games than Weeden looked in his games. So when do you say this is Haslims first year on the job and ill give him time and see what happens before i label him a bust of a owner. Cause it sounds like your blaming him for every bad thing that's happened in the past.

Charlie Brown
10-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I was never sold on Rg3, I was sold on Andrew Luck I thought he was a sure bet. None of those Cleveland Quaterbacks were. As a Qb you either have it or you don't Andrew Luck has it Brandon Weeden does not. That was all poor drafting & ultimately falls back on the Lerners. You get a new owner who has had success with Pittsburgh Steelers organization & you obviously don't have any faith in him or who he has put in place. So my question is did you second guess the Lerners? Cause aside from bringing the organization back most of the things they did were a debacle. Look back over the years at how many great players that were passed over in the draft by the Browns, it all falls back on the Lerners for the people they put in place. You can say that you never started any of these Qb's for more than one season but you see what happens to them when they go to other teams are second or third string Brady Quinn had his chance in KC now where is he at? Don't say KC doesn't have talent their 4-0 now. Jim Harbaugh liked Colt so much he tried to trade him in the pre season. Hoyer has looked better in these two games than Weeden looked in his games. So when do you say this is Haslims first year on the job and ill give him time and see what happens before i label him a bust of a owner. Cause it sounds like your blaming him for every bad thing that's happened in the past.

Haslam has already earned my ire. He owned the Steelers (a minor owner). He announced to have the stadium naming rights sold. To increase sales. To change the uniform and to add cheerleaders. Going against tradition. He is a greedy owner just like Modell and Jerry Jones. The Lerners were good people and Randy left football coaches to run the team. Holmgren, etc. Holmgren was just what the team needed - an experienced coach. But, Haslam wanted to go cheap.

ELWAY421
10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Haslam has already earned my ire. He owned the Steelers (a minor owner). He announced to have the stadium naming rights sold. To increase sales. To change the uniform and to add cheerleaders. Going against tradition. He is a greedy owner just like Modell and Jerry Jones. The Lerners were good people and Randy left football coaches to run the team. Holmgren, etc. Holmgren was just what the team needed - an experienced coach. But, Haslam wanted to go cheap.

Well you could always root for the Bengals.

Charlie Brown
10-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Well you could always root for the Bengals.

No. I will not go to another team. I am criticizing the new owner whom I highly dislike. I have zero faith in him and feel he will sell the fans out. Move the team, etc - just like Modell. He is Modell 2.0

Freyaka
10-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Well cheer up Charlie I can't even remember the last time they were 3-2 and they managed to pull that off with Weeden at the helm tonight.

Charlie Brown
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Well cheer up Charlie I can't even remember the last time they were 3-2 and they managed to pull that off with Weeden at the helm tonight.

I am happy about that. But do not like that the new owner unveiled a new uniform. Lerner got rid of the brown pants after the fans voted them down. New owner? He rolls them back out.

The Experience
10-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I said it the day he was hired.

Chudzinski is a great hire for the Browns. I have followed his coaching career closely since his days at The U. He is a great football coach.

Whether Lombardi and the owner will give him the tools necessary to succeed is another story though.

broncoslover115
10-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm so excited for the Cleveland Browns. They are my new adopted team that I will be cheering for this year. Just hope they can have a lot of success this year.

ruksak
10-03-2013, 08:55 PM
It's not like people are overreacting to a 3-2 team.:coffee:

Losers get excited about such a lowly mark so early on.

Charlie Brown
10-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm so excited for the Cleveland Browns. They are my new adopted team that I will be cheering for this year. Just hope they can have a lot of success this year.

Then your name wouldn't make sense. A Broncos lover would love the Broncos and not adopt another team. You should adopt the Broncos - your name says you love them. So, show it.

Charlie Brown
10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
It's not like people are overreacting to a 3-2 team.:coffee:

Losers get excited about such a lowly mark so early on.

When 3-2 puts a team in the lead for the division it is something good - especially if Baltimore and Cincinatti lose.

IrishFan81
10-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I like how everybody listens to Charile on the Browns. Fact is he's the worst Browns fan EVER. The Browns are a young team and might not be elite but they are no 2-14 team that Charlie says they are every year. They will atleast win 8 games this year and will not be bottom feeders that they usually are. Charlie always holds onto his anger and even when he is wrong he never admits it. It's a total waste of time responding to his posts and I know he has me banned and can't see this so if somebody would reply so he can see this I would like it. The things I want to say about Charlie and can't are obvious but he's no Browns fan trust me. I'm an Ohio boy grown up within a sea of Browns fans and he's (and I mean this in the most respectable way) a total emo-naval gazer that just can't see when things are looking up

Charlie Brown
10-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I like how everybody listens to Charile on the Browns. Fact is he's the worst Browns fan EVER. The Browns are a young team and might not be elite but they are no 2-14 team that Charlie says they are every year. They will atleast win 8 games this year and will not be bottom feeders that they usually are. Charlie always holds onto his anger and even when he is wrong he never admits it. It's a total waste of time responding to his posts and I know he has me banned and can't see this so if somebody would reply so he can see this I would like it. The things I want to say about Charlie and can't are obvious but he's no Browns fan trust me. I'm an Ohio boy grown up within a sea of Browns fans and he's (and I mean this in the most respectable way) a total emo-naval gazer that just can't see when things are looking up

Emotional? Sure. Angry? Sure. Keep grudges? Sure. Just because I'm not an Ohio boy you talk trash. In Ohio, you love the Browns, you get a pat on the back from everyone. Live somewhere else? You are mocked, teased, you name it. You don't get that 'pat on the back'. Sure, I get angry and vent a lot. That's me. I get angry and am prone to outbursts - just like my own father who HATES the Browns.

Also, look at their schedule. I'd like to see the team do well. But I do not see 8 wins.

broncoslover115
10-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Then your name wouldn't make sense. A Broncos lover would love the Broncos and not adopt another team. You should adopt the Broncos - your name says you love them. So, show it.

Let me make myself clearer since you have decided to be kind of nasty here for some reason that I don't understand.

I am a Broncos fan through and through. Have been for over 30 years. I bleed orange and blue.

However, after what had happened to the Browns this year and watching them respond by winning and rising up, it's been exciting and fun to watch. And I'm excited for them and for their fans. So, what I meant when I said when I would adopt them, I meant that I would cheer them on this year in addition to my Broncos. That I would like to see them do well. Is that OK with you?

If you find that offensive or not to your liking or believe that I'm somehow being disloyal to my team, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm the kind of person who is able to wish another team well while also cheering on my own team. Jeez!

Cajun
10-03-2013, 09:24 PM

IMHO thats the beauty of the NFL. Obviously my alias is Cajun, so I should be a saints fan. However, theres many reason why Im not, first and foremost I am an NFL fan. Then I am a bronco fan followed by (very distant btw) saints fan. All said and done, not everybody is as obvious as it seems.

Charlie Brown
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Let me make myself clearer since you have decided to be kind of nasty here for some reason that I don't understand.

I am a Broncos fan through and through. Have been for over 30 years. I bleed orange and blue.

However, after what had happened to the Browns this year and watching them respond by winning and rising up, it's been exciting and fun to watch. And I'm excited for them and for their fans. So, what I meant when I said when I would adopt them, I meant that I would cheer them on this year in addition to my Broncos. That I would like to see them do well. Is that OK with you?

If you find that offensive or not to your liking or believe that I'm somehow being disloyal to my team, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm the kind of person who is able to wish another team well while also cheering on my own team. Jeez!

That's fine I guess. Whatever floats your boat. I do not like bandwagon fans that switch teams like they do their socks. I read your post thinking you were doing that.

ruksak
10-03-2013, 09:56 PM
When 3-2 puts a team in the lead for the division it is something good - especially if Baltimore and Cincinatti lose.

Congratulations on that. I didn't mean to be negative. I just hate the way the media makes too much of such an early division lead. The excitement is due to the LONG time it's been since Cleveland was relevant. As a man who was born a Buckeye (Defiance, Ohio) and who lived in Columbus with family that were rabid Bengals/Browns fans, I hope the Browns current relevance isn't fleeting.

My honest opinion is that the Browns will finish somewhere around 8-8.

baphamet
10-03-2013, 10:32 PM
That's fine I guess. Whatever floats your boat. I do not like bandwagon fans that switch teams like they do their socks. I read your post thinking you were doing that.

the browns are now in first place, you must be furious! :laugh:

ruksak
10-04-2013, 04:36 AM
the browns are now in first place, you must be furious! :laugh:

Hopefully he keeps his perspective. Being in first place in your division after 5 games means absolutely nothing at all. The only reason anyone has even noted it, in regard to CLE, is because they have stunk for decades and they coincidentally won 3 in a row after trading what was arguably their best player. .

ELWAY421
10-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Hopefully he keeps his perspective. Being in first place in your division after 5 games means absolutely nothing at all. The only reason anyone has even noted it, in regard to CLE, is because they have stunk for decades and they coincidentally won 3 in a row after trading what was arguably their best player. .

Trent wasn't their best player, not even arguably. Again he hasn't proven anything. Let time tell that story.

ruksak
10-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Trent wasn't their best player, not even arguably. Again he hasn't proven anything. Let time tell that story.

Nobody on that squad has proven diddly-squat, save for their punt returner and Joe Haden, perhaps. Jordan looks good, Hoyer is promising. Few on that team stands out. I believe TR was the most physically gifted and had the highest potential. But....he's gone now. Gonna laugh when Lombardi picks another RB in the 2014 draft with a high selection.

Spice 1
10-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Nobody on that squad has proven diddly-squat, save for their punt returner and Joe Haden, perhaps. Jordan looks good, Hoyer is promising. Few on that team stands out. I believe TR was the most physically gifted and had the highest potential. But....he's gone now. Gonna laugh when Lombardi picks another RB in the 2014 draft with a high selection.

D'qwell Jackson has been very good for a while now. AJ Green was incarcerated by Haden last week. If the Browns trade Haden two weeks ago, they aren't 3-2 right now. Then you got Joe Thomas... I really don't think Richardson was the difference maker a third overall pick is supposed to be. McGahee is 31, was out of the NFL just three weeks ago, and he's been huge for the Browns. It's not like the emergence of the passing game has been opening gaping holes. Look at McGahee's yards after contact.

ruksak
10-04-2013, 07:12 AM
McGahee is 31, was out of the NFL just three weeks ago, and he's been huge for the Browns. It's not like the emergence of the passing game has been opening gaping holes. Look at McGahee's yards after contact.

McGahee has the same average that TR gained all of last year..... 'bout 2.6 YPC.

D'qwell Jackson has been very good

Like....who names a child "D'qwell" anyways? What does that even mean?

In all seriousness, I'm speaking in very general terms. What the heck are the Browns gonna do for running backs over the long-term?

ELWAY421
10-04-2013, 08:08 AM

You talk as if Indy is some dynasty or was out of all them years Peyton was stellar you have one super bowl to show for it. If Luck wasn't on that team Indy might win two games far less then the Browns.

ELWAY421
10-04-2013, 08:22 AM

Who on the Indianapolis has proven anything excepct Luck, and wayne? I understand if your angry about giving up a number one pick on someone who may or may not be a bust & you need to vent but if you want to be negative & start talking bad about teams to make yourself feel better, why don't you start talking negative about the Broncos? Tell me how bad my team is? Tell me how Indy is a bad match up for Denver & how you will run us over in the playoffs with the MIGHTY UNPROVEN TRENT RICHARDSON. LOL, like Troy Aikman said in those commercials GET REAL......

ruksak
10-04-2013, 08:25 AM
You talk as if Indy is some dynasty or was out of all them years Peyton was stellar you have one super bowl to show for it. If Luck wasn't on that team Indy might win two games far less then the Browns.

I never said a word about the Colts. Not even a word. Now that you have, I'll mention that, though we didn't accumulate a bevy of Lombardi's, we had the winning-est regular season record (out of all NFL teams) for the duration of Peyton's stay, several Division titles, 2 AFC titles and an NFL title.

Not the kind of thing one looks smart to make fun of. When the Broncos accomplish anything close to the success Indianapolis had with Manning, .....post up.

So far.......0-1. Talk trash to that.

As well, guessing what we would and would not be without Luck, is pure speculation.

ELWAY421
10-04-2013, 08:37 AM
We have had Peyton one full season and we won't have him as long as Indy did. But since you like to talk the past let's talk about Elway= 5 Afc titles & 2 Super Bowls back to back, you see a pair beats a ace high!!!!!! One more thing i wasn't talking trash i was speaking fact, if i wanted to talk trash i would have brought up Jeff George.

ruksak
10-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I understand if your angry about giving up a number one pick on someone who may or may not be a bust & you need to vent

pffft....I'm tickled pink about the TR trade. Dude is a very exciting, high potential prospect. It came out yesterday that Bradshaw may need season ending surgery. So....the TR trade just got sweeter IMO.

Maybe he works out, maybe not. Either way.....very exciting.

We have had Peyton one full season and we won't have him as long as Indy did. But since you like to talk the past let's talk about Elway= 5 Afc titles & 2 Super Bowls back to back, you see a pair beats a ace high!!!!!! One more thing i wasn't talking trash i was speaking fact, if i wanted to talk trash i would have brought up Jeff George.

I think we could do this all day and neither of us would come out on top. I like the Broncos. I root for them quite passionately. I really don't want to get into a discussion that causes me to take shots at such a wonderful organization.

It's just a sore spot of mine when people try to take shots at the Colts for only winning 1 SB with Manning....that's 1 more SB win than MOST NFL teams had during the last 14 years, and only 1 less than was ever wrought by the great Johnathan Elway.

I only root for smart, winning and professional organizations. Say what you will about Indianapolis. Since cutting Manning loose, our regular season record is 14-6.

BluenOrnge4Life
10-04-2013, 09:07 AM
People like to talk about the Trent Richardson trade and say the Browns are 3-0 since it went down, but more importantly, they are 3-0 since Josh Gordon came back. He's a huge addition to the offense, and that's why I didn't really understand the Trent Richardson trade because their team wasn't even all together yet.

I guess we'll have to see what kind of back that Trent Richardson becomes in Indy and what Cleveland does with the picks before we can really gauge this one.

ELWAY421
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
People like to talk about the Trent Richardson trade and say the Browns are 3-0 since it went down, but more importantly, they are 3-0 since Josh Gordon came back. He's a huge addition to the offense, and that's why I didn't really understand the Trent Richardson trade because their team wasn't even all together yet.

I guess we'll have to see what kind of back that Trent Richardson becomes in Indy and what Cleveland does with the picks before we can really gauge this one.

I agree, that's what ive been saying. I also brought up the Josh Gordon issue, some people say he's only a #2 reciever, I beg to differ i think he is a one. Trent may turn out to be a great back who knows but Cleveland traded him cause they said he didn't fit their system & could do without him. They got a number one pick for him if that helps them great i was just trying to say the sky isn't falling because of it. I never said that they were going to the super bowl but they seem to be doing fine without him & the addition of Gordon.

Spice 1
10-04-2013, 09:24 AM
McGahee has the same average that TR gained all of last year..... 'bout 2.6 YPC.

In all seriousness, I'm speaking in very general terms. What the heck are the Browns gonna do for running backs over the long-term?

Same average. Except one of them is a third overall pick, and the other one was out of the NFL three weeks ago. Moving forward, they'll probably just draft a running back in the later rounds like everyone else does. It's funny because he's getting what, 2.9pc in Indianapolis? There's probably a room full of guys you could sign for the league minimum who could step in and get close to that right now. Like the other poster said, there is no evidence to support him being arguably the Browns best player.

And to tell the truth, I'd rather my parents named me D'Qwell than look like Andrew Luck. If they ever make another Goonies movie, his agent might get a phone call or two.

BluenOrnge4Life
10-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I agree, that's what ive been saying. I also brought up the Josh Gordon issue, some people say he's only a #2 reciever, I beg to differ i think he is a one. Trent may turn out to be a great back who knows but Cleveland traded him cause they said he didn't fit their system & could do without him. They got a number one pick for him if that helps them great i was just trying to say the sky isn't falling because of it. I never said that they were going to the super bowl but they seem to be doing fine without him & the addition of Gordon.

Skill wise, Josh Gordon is definitely a #1 WR. The only thing holding Josh Gordon back from being elite, is Josh Gordon. He has elite talent.

ELWAY421
10-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Skill wise, Josh Gordon is definitely a #1 WR. The only thing holding Josh Gordon back from being elite, is Josh Gordon. He has elite talent.

Right, thats why he was drafted in the supplemental draft. Well he's pretty much in the same boat as Von now, one more violation & he is gone for a year.

ruksak
10-04-2013, 05:20 PM
And to tell the truth, I'd rather my parents named me D'Qwell than look like Andrew Luck. If they ever make another Goonies movie, his agent might get a phone call or two.

OH YEAH.......I bet my QB can beat up your QB.

Freyaka
10-04-2013, 07:25 PM

ANDREW LUCK TO THE RESCUE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmTNWVh2gSw

ruksak
10-04-2013, 07:30 PM
ANDREW LUCK TO THE RESCUE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmTNWVh2gSw

Now you're just being mean. http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/p/patrick_laughing-276.gif

fallforward3y+
10-04-2013, 10:44 PM

You seem to miss the point about what people are saying about the Richardson trade. I don't necessarily think anyone is saying the Richardson trade is the REASON they are 3-0 the last 3 weeks. They are using it as evidence that the trade did not hurt the Browns, and was not an attempt to tank the whole season, which seems strongly to be the case.

There was all sorts of panic and a huge deal was made, with people saying the Browns traded away their entire offense, and even accused them of trying to tank their season, which was ridiculous. It is likely more of Gordon's return than the Richardson trade, but that right there is evidence the panic was not justified. Clearly, a player aside from Richardson makes more of an impact, thus he wasn't their whole offense. It is also clear they were not trying to tank their season to get the number 1 pick, because they likely already have too many wins for that.

Basically, the 3-0 record w/o Richardson is more being used for evidence that the Richardson trade did not hurt their team, rather than that it actually is what made them better.

He is a good enough back, and the Browns line is and was to blame for an ineffective run game. However, trading him alone would not be an effective way to tank a season, nor would it destroy any and all building blocks for the future.

BroncosPWNn00bs
10-04-2013, 11:06 PM

I don't think anyone would be a Broncos fan and then bandwagon on the browns. :laugh: But Congrats on the 3-2 start. This season could be the start of a dynasty in Cleveland :rockon:

fallforward3y+
10-05-2013, 12:15 AM

RBs are usually pretty easy to find, why are you acting as if this is some major concern for them. We'll see how long McGahee has left, and I'm sure by then they can find a new RB.

Just about every RB at least does something well, so you won't usually see a team with a horrible situation at RB. With a bad line, the run game won't be very good regardless of who the RB is anyhow. Unless of course, the scheme is brilliantly designed.

ruksak
10-05-2013, 03:21 AM
RBs are usually pretty easy to find, why are you acting as if this is some major concern for them. We'll see how long McGahee has left, and I'm sure by then they can find a new RB.

Because of what they gave. As well, I'll invoke the saying "A bird in hand". After what they gave to put in place such a fine specimen, I find it quite the folly to cut such an investment loose. As for Indy's investment....I don't feel a late first round pick is a steep price for TRich. A solid, all around, dynamic back like TR is key to this Indy offense working well. Takes me back to the days of Edgerrin James.

Point being....RB's can darn well be worth a 1st round pick, even a top-10 pick if they're good enough.

We'll see how long McGahee has left, and I'm sure by then they can find a new RB.

I'm sure they can find a new one. They won't get another Trent, however. We could argue about how much worth Trent has proven himself to be...yadda yadda. I've watched the guy since college. He's worth the pick, no doubt.

As others have said, time will be the judge of this matter. What TR produces over time here in Indy is part of the equation. What CLE gets out of that (plausibly) late 1st round pick is the other side of the equation.

Spice 1
10-05-2013, 07:13 AM
OH YEAH.......I bet my QB can beat up your QB.

He has a common name too, which a huge bonus, so yeah.

CanDB
10-05-2013, 10:58 AM
The Cleveland Browns have me baffled. They start off as a team that appears to be looking to the future, and then, start to surprise, only to lose their new QB, but still win in the process.

It's early.......and it's a shame Hoyer lost his season. And it makes for some interesting draft questions. Do they stick with Hoyer now, given his solid start, or do they go for the best QB in the draft market? This was an easy question a few weeks back, and the problem is, we don't know if Hoyer is for real or not. If he had a season to prove himself, it would be so much easier for the Cleveland brass. Now they have to take some risks.

I do not see them winning many more games this season, but who knows. In any case, with all those picks, potentially a good QB "injured", and the development and growth of a number of others, this team may be solid in a year or two.

Frankenpost
10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
When your #1 in your division, what more can you ask for as a fan?

Browns might actually make the Playoffs with the ravens and pitt struggling. :coffee:

ELWAY421
10-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Because of what they gave. As well, I'll invoke the saying "A bird in hand". After what they gave to put in place such a fine specimen, I find it quite the folly to cut such an investment loose. As for Indy's investment....I don't feel a late first round pick is a steep price for TRich. A solid, all around, dynamic back like TR is key to this Indy offense working well. Takes me back to the days of Edgerrin James.

Point being....RB's can darn well be worth a 1st round pick, even a top-10 pick if they're good enough.

I'm sure they can find a new one. They won't get another Trent, however. We could argue about how much worth Trent has proven himself to be...yadda yadda. I've watched the guy since college. He's worth the pick, no doubt.

As others have said, time will be the judge of this matter. What TR produces over time here in Indy is part of the equation. What CLE gets out of that (plausibly) late 1st round pick is the other side of the equation.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but when you say things like they wont get another Trent makes me think you missed the boat. That statement is like saying Trent is the next Barry Sanders the next Adrian Peterson or Jim Brown. Trent has done nothing in the Nfl thus far, I'm not saying he won't, but nothing yet. So yes they could very easily get another Trent or better. AS TOM JACKSON SAYS CMON MAN..........

broncoslover115
10-05-2013, 11:41 AM
The Cleveland Browns have me baffled. They start off as a team that appears to be looking to the future, and then, start to surprise, only to lose their new QB, but still win in the process.

It's early.......and it's a shame Hoyer lost his season. And it makes for some interesting draft questions. Do they stick with Hoyer now, given his solid start, or do they go for the best QB in the draft market? This was an easy question a few weeks back, and the problem is, we don't know if Hoyer is for real or not. If he had a season to prove himself, it would be so much easier for the Cleveland brass. Now they have to take some risks.

I do not see them winning many more games this season, but who knows. In any case, with all those picks, potentially a good QB "injured", and the development and growth of a number of others, this team may be solid in a year or two.

Hey, they are baffling me too but I am excited for them. It's too bad about Hoyer.

PS - CAN - check your messages

fallforward3y+
10-05-2013, 05:21 PM

There are 2 problems here. One is, your judging Trent largely on his college career. College careers are null in the NFL, and do not mean you've found a great NFL player. Saying the Browns will not find another Trent is asinine, there is zero legitimate evidence of this. The other problem is, your comparing two different lines and offenses. Putting up good numbers in Indy isn't a sign that such would have happened in Cleveland, with their line.

As for what you said about every down backs, in general the importance of one is overrated. It's better to have a good group of backs, each who are great at a specific skill that contribute to an area of the game. You get the best production in each area of the game, because specialists will often do their one job better than even the most well rounded back. Even Adrian Peterson won't plow ahead in short yardage like a Jacobs in the old days will for instance.

There really is no need for an every down back, other than in fantasy football.

ELWAY421
10-05-2013, 05:41 PM
There are 2 problems here. One is, your judging Trent largely on his college career. College careers are null in the NFL, and do not mean you've found a great NFL player. Saying the Browns will not find another Trent is asinine, there is zero legitimate evidence of this. The other problem is, your comparing two different lines and offenses. Putting up good numbers in Indy isn't a sign that such would have happened in Cleveland, with their line.

As for what you said about every down backs, in general the importance of one is overrated. It's better to have a good group of backs, each who are great at a specific skill that contribute to an area of the game. You get the best production in each area of the game, because specialists will often do their one job better than even the most well rounded back. Even Adrian Peterson won't plow ahead in short yardage like a Jacobs in the old days will for instance.

There really is no need for an every down back, other than in fantasy football.

Amen, also thus far Trents numbers in Indy are not great even though their ofense is alot better than Clevelands. Cleveland has been a bad franchise for awhile but the Bengals were terrible in the 90s & their back. The COLTS yes the COLTS were terrible for awhile before Manning got there. But Cleveland has alot of talent on their team, but some people just want to dog them. The fact of the matter is if Trent ends up being a 1000 yard a year runner & Cleveland drafts someone who's better & improves their team then they didn't go wrong.

ruksak
10-06-2013, 04:06 AM
Trent Richardson will run for 100+ yards today versus the Seattle defense. Bank it!

JayJack
10-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Trent Richardson will run for 100+ yards today versus the Seattle defense. Bank it!

On how many carries, 35+?

ruksak
10-06-2013, 06:20 AM
On how many carries, 35+?

23 carries.

Please do not say anything to shatter my illusions. Just let me have this one. Later today, I will come back and offer some rock-solid excuses as to why Trent only had 47 yards. My excuses will be both elaborate and unsupported by fact, leaving me as the winner of the internets.

JayJack
10-06-2013, 06:25 AM
23 carries.

Please do not say anything to shatter my illusions. Just let me have this one. Later today, I will come back and offer some rock-solid excuses as to why Trent only had 47 yards. My excuses will be both elaborate and unsupported by fact, leaving me as the winner of the internets.

Lol, I won't shatter it at all. I just thought you should put the attempts with it.

91bronco
10-06-2013, 11:30 AM
23 carries.

LOLZ solid reasoning....

ruksak
10-06-2013, 11:49 AM
LOLZ solid reasoning....

So far....Trent looks sloth-like, lumbering and unsure. Forget 100 yards. H'ed be lucky to get 50.

ELWAY421
10-06-2013, 12:23 PM
So far....Trent looks sloth-like, lumbering and unsure. Forget 100 yards. H'ed be lucky to get 50.

That's pretty much how he looked in Cleveland alot. Most of his TDs came in the redzone & remember 950 yards so he really wasn't the one getting them to the redzone. Good average back but not a game changer.

ruksak
10-06-2013, 01:29 PM
That's pretty much how he looked in Cleveland alot. Most of his TDs came in the redzone & remember 950 yards so he really wasn't the one getting them to the redzone. Good average back but not a game changer.
The biggest issue was the playcalling. Early on, Pep kept calling runs for Trent that were outside, sweeps, counters etc. Trent is a north/south guy.

TRich came up big late in the game. Bruising, bashing and claiming first downs. No turnovers, a great closer. He's gonna be a terrific piece to this offense.

Huge win for my Colts today. Very proud of my boys.

Spice 1
10-07-2013, 09:04 AM
The biggest issue was the playcalling. Early on, Pep kept calling runs for Trent that were outside, sweeps, counters etc. Trent is a north/south guy.

TRich came up big late in the game. Bruising, bashing and claiming first downs. No turnovers, a great closer. He's gonna be a terrific piece to this offense.

Huge win for my Colts today. Very proud of my boys.

He may be ugly, but Andrew Luck is the truth at quarterback. That was a great game.

ruksak
10-07-2013, 11:33 AM
He may be ugly, but Andrew Luck is the truth at quarterback. That was a great game.
I know what 'cha mean. I prefer my QB's to be hot, sexy men. http://mob122.photobucket.com/albums/o247/tae_666/PLURK%20EMOTICON/gay_hand.gif

Spice 1
10-07-2013, 11:43 AM
I know what 'cha mean. I prefer my QB's to be hot, sexy men. http://mob122.photobucket.com/albums/o247/tae_666/PLURK%20EMOTICON/gay_hand.gif

That's not really what I meant, but to each their own.

ELWAY421
10-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Where's Charlie? He won't even talk about his own team....

Charlie Brown
10-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Where's Charlie? He won't even talk about his own team....

I do whatever I do. Nothing to really say. The team is tied with Baltimore and Cinci. The team is talking to teams (49ers confirmed) on trading Josh Gordon for a second round pick. Hoyer is done for the year that's about it.

BroncoFanBoy
10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
I do whatever I do. Nothing to really say. The team is tied with Baltimore and Cinci. The team is talking to teams (49ers confirmed) on trading Josh Gordon for a second round pick. Hoyer is done for the year that's about it.

I'm shocked they're still trying to trade Gordon, especially since they're doing pretty well right now.

ELWAY421
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM

I hope they don't trade Gordon. How bout the defense they are playing pretty good, Haden is becoming one of the leagues best cornerbacks. Weeden didn't look horrible when he replaced Hoyer. They beat Cinci, Pittsburgh is terrible and the Ravens aren't that good. So what do you think first second in the division?????

Charlie Brown
10-09-2013, 08:00 AM
I hope they don't trade Gordon. How bout the defense they are playing pretty good, Haden is becoming one of the leagues best cornerbacks. Weeden didn't look horrible when he replaced Hoyer. They beat Cinci, Pittsburgh is terrible and the Ravens aren't that good. So what do you think first second in the division?????

The division should be:

1. Browns
2. Steelers
3. Bengals

That's how it SHOULD be. That isn't how it is this year, though. If I had to guess it'll end up with (1) the team I did not mention and (2) Bengals.

ELWAY421
10-09-2013, 08:36 AM
The division should be:

1. Browns
2. Steelers
3. Bengals

That's how it SHOULD be. That isn't how it is this year, though. If I had to guess it'll end up with (1) the team I did not mention and (2) Bengals.

The Bengals will win the division & hopefully the Browns second, but the Bengals will win the division.

ELWAY421
10-20-2013, 01:55 PM
This Brandon Weeden is horrible. He is a interception throwing machine.

Charlie Brown
10-20-2013, 01:59 PM
This Brandon Weeden is horrible. He is a interception throwing machine.

Not at all. He's playing the way the owner wants. They are wearing their pre-poo stained pants. Lerner discontinued those pants. But I see that the new owner "knows better".

ELWAY421
10-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Not at all. He's playing the way the owner wants. They are wearing their pre-poo stained pants. Lerner discontinued those pants. But I see that the new owner "knows better".

If you think Brandon Weeden is a good Qb you don't watch the Browns or must have him confused with the other red headed Qb in Ohio. It has nothing to do with pants or anything else. A Qb either has it or not & Weeden is not. He is throwing straight to the defenders, he is stuggling with screen passes. That Int last week was one of the worst plays I've ever seen. Hoyer had the Browns playing 100% better than this.

Charlie Brown
10-20-2013, 02:56 PM
If you think Brandon Weeden is a good Qb you don't watch the Browns or must have him confused with the other red headed Qb in Ohio. It has nothing to do with pants or anything else. A Qb either has it or not & Weeden is not. He is throwing straight to the defenders, he is stuggling with screen passes. That Int last week was one of the worst plays I've ever seen. Hoyer had the Browns playing 100% better than this.

As I said, he is just playing like they look. They are in their poo stained pants. What would you expect them to play like? Put Campbell in and Weeden will look good because at least he TRIES and has HEART. Campbell? He doesn't give a damn. Sign Tebow? Tebow will make Weeden look like the second coming of Dan Marino in comparison.

The problem is 19 QB's in 14 years. You and others are petitioning for it to be 20 or 21 in 15 years.

ELWAY421
10-20-2013, 03:02 PM
As I said, he is just playing like they look. They are in their poo stained pants. What would you expect them to play like? Put Campbell in and Weeden will look good because at least he TRIES and has HEART. Campbell? He doesn't give a damn. Sign Tebow? Tebow will make Weeden look like the second coming of Dan Marino in comparison.

The problem is 19 QB's in 14 years. You and others are petitioning for it to be 20 or 21 in 15 years.

No at the end of the season send Weeden & Campbell packing, draft your frachise Qb & keep Hoyer for a back up. I wanted Weeden to succeed but he seems to be regressing...

Charlie Brown
10-20-2013, 03:11 PM
No at the end of the season send Weeden & Campbell packing, draft your frachise Qb & keep Hoyer for a back up. I wanted Weeden to succeed but he seems to be regressing...

You say that like it is easy. The Browns have drafted their franchise QB. His name is Couch, Frye, McCoy, and Weeden. Selecting another QB is the problem. Instead of supporting and backing up WHO they have they throw them to the curb because he threw an interception and had a bad game.

Guess what? Manning has BAD games too! So does Rodgers, so does Brady. I know, it is hard to believe those players actually have bad games. Cleveland has NO run game. They have 1 WR. They have only one TE. Everyone else is crap. I know, when life gives you potatoes make potato salad. Cleveland has a lot of poo. They are making the best poo salad they can.

Yet, you are complaining because it isn't Caesar Salad. Support what you have and build around what you have. Weeden was a 1st round pick for a reason.

ELWAY421
10-20-2013, 04:06 PM
You say that like it is easy. The Browns have drafted their franchise QB. His name is Couch, Frye, McCoy, and Weeden. Selecting another QB is the problem. Instead of supporting and backing up WHO they have they throw them to the curb because he threw an interception and had a bad game.

Guess what? Manning has BAD games too! So does Rodgers, so does Brady. I know, it is hard to believe those players actually have bad games. Cleveland has NO run game. They have 1 WR. They have only one TE. Everyone else is crap. I know, when life gives you potatoes make potato salad. Cleveland has a lot of poo. They are making the best poo salad they can.

Yet, you are complaining because it isn't Caesar Salad. Support what you have and build around what you have. Weeden was a 1st round pick for a reason.

Charlie, Hoyer came in & won, Weeden has had alot more than one bad game, also this is a different regime banner has had alot of success in the draft. They will make the right choice. On a side note that hit by Gibson was legal, bad call by the refs. How bout that run back by Benjerman???

Charlie Brown
10-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Charlie, Hoyer came in & won, Weeden has had alot more than one bad game, also this is a different regime banner has had alot of success in the draft. They will make the right choice. On a side note that hit by Gibson was legal, bad call by the refs. How bout that run back by Benjerman???

Banner has good drafts? Who did he draft that's playing so well? Haden, Cameron, Gordon, are all picks by former regimes. He's drafted Mingo. Mingo hasn't been that impressive. Who has he drafted that's so good? Plus, Lombardi is the GM.

ELWAY421
10-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Banner has good drafts? Who did he draft that's playing so well? Haden, Cameron, Gordon, are all picks by former regimes. He's drafted Mingo. Mingo hasn't been that impressive. Who has he drafted that's so good? Plus, Lombardi is the GM.

All the good players he drafted in Philadelphia. Do i have to name them? Or will you give Heckert all the credit, most of it was Banner.

Charlie Brown
10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
All the good players he drafted in Philadelphia. Do i have to name them? Or will you give Heckert all the credit, most of it was Banner.

Heckert was a great GM. Haden, Gordon, Mack, Cameron, they were all his picks.

ELWAY421
12-10-2013, 10:19 PM

Do you still feel he's a #2 receiver? :confused:

QB is a problem. :D

Looking back at all of this jibberish makes me :laugh:.

broncoslover115
12-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Couldn't believe they allowed Brady to go down the field at will at the end of the game when their D had played well for the whole game.

However, I firmly believe the refs gift-wrapped that win for them. After the 1st TD, the Browns were called for an an unnecessary roughness penalty on Edelman which was ridiculous. He was hit on the shoulder, not the head. So, on the onside recovery, the Pats get the ball on the 50 instead of the 35. Then, the Pats get a 39 yard phantom PI call which places the ball on the 1. Another ridiculous call. How can anyone win like that. Complete game where the refs determined the outcome of the game.

Charlie Brown
12-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Do you still feel he's a #2 receiver? :confused:

Think of the muck I could find of you bad mouthing Manning when he was a Colt! Was I wrong at the time? No. Gordon was not playing like he is now. He was not playing like a #1 receiver. So, I stand by what I said then. WR is still a major need. QB is not. Hoyer played well as has Campbell. Weeden has not.

ELWAY421
12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Think of the muck I could find of you bad mouthing Manning when he was a Colt! Was I wrong at the time? No. Gordon was not playing like he is now. He was not playing like a #1 receiver. So, I stand by what I said then. WR is still a major need. QB is not. Hoyer played well as has Campbell. Weeden has not.

I stand by what I said back then Gordon was & is a #1. The Quarterback of the future isn't on this team now & Trent isn't or wasn't a game changing RB. Yes Cleveland needs WR's to go with Gordon but they will draft a QB.

Charlie Brown
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
I stand by what I said back then Gordon was & is a #1. The Quarterback of the future isn't on this team now & Trent isn't or wasn't a game changing RB. Yes Cleveland needs WR's to go with Gordon but they will draft a QB.

Hoyer played well as did Campbell. Does the team need to draft another QB? No. Will they? Probably. Hoyer is who the team needs to build around.

ELWAY421
12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Hoyer played well as did Campbell. Does the team need to draft another QB? No. Will they? Probably. Hoyer is who the team needs to build around.

How can you put your stock or the teams future in a back up QB like Hoyer when you only had a couple of games to look at him? If he was that great he would have a starting job somewhere else or been starting ahead of Weeden to begin with. You have ten picks, I don't see what it would hurt to draft a QB. You have a decent team, looking back I like the Mingo pick he is turning out to be good. IMO I think one or two good drafts & Cleveland be in the playoffs. PS I do also like what I saw from Hoyer Just don't think it would be bad to draft a QB. One more thing how do you feel about Carlos Hyde? I saw a mock that had the Browns drafting him in the second round.

Charlie Brown
12-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Carlos Hyde? Heck no. He is arrogant and is not a team player. Further he has legal trouble. He is nothing but a character issue.

ELWAY421
12-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Carlos Hyde? Heck no. He is arrogant and is not a team player. Further he has legal trouble. He is nothing but a character issue.

Arrogant? Legal trouble? Show me this.

Charlie Brown
12-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Arrogant? Legal trouble? Show me this.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78503917/

ELWAY421
12-15-2013, 10:18 AM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78503917/

You should probably re read that article, because it just proves my point. Charges were never filed, Meyer still suspended him. He has been a model citizen ever since. Saying he wants the ball more isn't a bad thing, what playmaker doesn't want the ball. But you have a right to your opinion. But hypothetically thank goodness you don't run the Browns franchise. You may still have Trent Richardson but you would be 0-16. :confused:

Charlie Brown
12-15-2013, 11:30 AM
You should probably re read that article, because it just proves my point. Charges were never filed, Meyer still suspended him. He has been a model citizen ever since. Saying he wants the ball more isn't a bad thing, what playmaker doesn't want the ball. But you have a right to your opinion. But hypothetically thank goodness you don't run the Browns franchise. You may still have Trent Richardson but you would be 0-16. :confused:

No, the team would be playoff bound. Unlike the new owner who is fine with 10 loss seasons, I would not set the bar so low.

ELWAY421
12-15-2013, 11:45 AM
No, the team would be playoff bound. Unlike the new owner who is fine with 10 loss seasons, I would not set the bar so low.

You thought Trent was your best offensive player & that was far from the truth. You also say this team is fine at QB. Did you see Campbell just force that ball for the Int? He had Little open. Cleveland needs a QB & made the right decision trading T Rich these are facts....

roushmartin6
12-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Rob Chudzinski - OT - Browns
ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi reports there are "bad vibes indicating uncertainty" about Browns coach Rob Chudzinski's job status.
As Grossi puts it, incredible. The Browns enter Week 17 just 4-11 under their first-year head coach, but have played competitive football despite cycling through three quarterbacks and having no running backs. Josh Gordon has emerged as the game's best young receiver under Chudzinski's tutelage, while Jordan Cameron has crashed the top tier of tight ends. Firing Chudzinski would be madness for a team locked in a never-ending cycle of rebuilds. That being said, owner Jimmy Haslam is an unsavory character — to say the least — so we wouldn't put it past him to force an inane coaching change.

You have got to be kidding me.......

ELWAY421
12-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Rob Chudzinski - OT - Browns
ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi reports there are "bad vibes indicating uncertainty" about Browns coach Rob Chudzinski's job status.
As Grossi puts it, incredible. The Browns enter Week 17 just 4-11 under their first-year head coach, but have played competitive football despite cycling through three quarterbacks and having no running backs. Josh Gordon has emerged as the game's best young receiver under Chudzinski's tutelage, while Jordan Cameron has crashed the top tier of tight ends. Firing Chudzinski would be madness for a team locked in a never-ending cycle of rebuilds. That being said, owner Jimmy Haslam is an unsavory character — to say the least — so we wouldn't put it past him to force an inane coaching change.

You have got to be kidding me.......

If this is true I know what Haslim is up to. Norv Turner will be the coach. But I find it ridiculous, it would be a shame.

Charlie Brown
12-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Good, Chudzinski shouldn't feel safe with a 4-12 record. The team is worse than it was under Shurmur. The team should have hired an experienced coach instead of a nobody. Somebody above seid they'll hire Turner as Head Coach? I don't like that. He's overrated as an offensive coordinator and even more as a Head Coach. Gruden and Gruden only is my vote.

Charlie Brown
12-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Here are two telling stats on Chudzinski.

Despite a nice start, Chudzinski finished the year going 1-10.

Included in the 1-10 finish is 7 straight losses to end the season, the longest streak in team history.

-Rod-
12-29-2013, 04:13 PM
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/417426356809793536

Rob Chudzinski will be fired by the #Browns, per league sources.

No words can express how idiotic this is, but again, it's the Browns...

ELWAY421
12-29-2013, 04:42 PM

Included in the 1-10 finish is 7 straight losses to end the season, the longest streak in team history.

From what I'm hearing it won't be Turner, but still talk about continuing the instability in Cleveland. Wow is all I can say.

The Experience
12-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Chudzinski is a pretty good coach, and they fire him after 1 year.....

No wonder why Cleveland sucks every year, they have an incompetent FO.

The Experience
12-29-2013, 04:49 PM
You share the same mentality as your front office, Charlie.

-Rod-
12-29-2013, 05:07 PM
And if their management believes Chudzinski is wrong coach after one season, then what does it say about this management that supposedly went through a thorough process to select the head coach?

Charlie Brown
12-29-2013, 05:10 PM
You share the same mentality as your front office, Charlie.

Not really. I expect the team to win. If Denver went 4-12 this year would you demand Fox's job? Yes. You expect the Browns to suckered because you don't like them. So a coach goes 4-12 and you think "he should be safe". Raise the bar and expect more. The team needs an EXPERIENCED head coach and not some college hot short or other first time head coaches. They need someone that has won and knows how to win.

RocketArm006
12-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Not really. I expect the team to win. If Denver went 4-12 this year would you demand Fox's job? Yes. You expect the Browns to suckered because you don't like them. So a coach goes 4-12 and you think "he should be safe". Raise the bar and expect more. The team needs an EXPERIENCED head coach and not some college hot short or other first time head coaches. They need someone that has won and knows how to win.

There's people on this forum who call for John Fox's head when they call a running play. I haven't seen much Browns football, so I can't really speak to the HCs culpability. Stabity is good, but you also don't want to stick with the wrong guy for too long - a la Lezlie Frasier. Just my opinion.

The Experience
12-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Good, Chudzinski shouldn't feel safe with a 4-12 record. The team is worse than it was under Shurmur. The team should have hired an experienced coach instead of a nobody. Somebody above seid they'll hire Turner as Head Coach? I don't like that. He's overrated as an offensive coordinator and even more as a Head Coach. Gruden and Gruden only is my vote.

Coaches need more than one year, period.

Charlie Brown
12-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Coaches need more than one year, period.

Not when they a regressing from week to week like Chudzinski. I was against his hiring from day one and was not excited by his hiring. It was an underwhelming hire from the getgo and still was. The team needs an experienced coach in theNFL.Not a McDaniels not a Chip Kelly they need a Jon Gruden. Somebody with experience.

KoolBreeze
12-29-2013, 11:51 PM
I hate for you and the other Browns fans, Charlie. You have stuck with them through it all. Hopefully, the next one will be the one. So who is on the coaching radar?

roushmartin6
12-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Dumb move by the Browns. Their record is deceiving because they were in a lot of their games right to the end. They need a QB. Jason Campbell is a nice backup, Brian Hoyer caught fire but how long would it have lasted? Weeden played himself off the team. A running back and a reciever to pair with Josh Gordon that you can depend on would do the offense wonders. The defense has show flashes of being top 10. You can't fire a coach after one year unless you have some serious scandal going on. Browns just continue to be the Browns

-Rod-
12-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Any coach worth a dime should stay away from that franchise. That's why I expect Josh McDaniels to be their next head coach until they hire another one in 2015.

broncos SB2010
12-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Chudzinski is a pretty good coach, and they fire him after 1 year.....

No wonder why Cleveland sucks every year, they have an incompetent FO.

I believe the team hired the HC before they hired their GM, Lombardi. I guess those weren't on the same page. To me, it seems like a good firing since the little info that has come makes it seem like the HC was wasn't in control of the team.

ELWAY421
01-13-2014, 08:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000312739/article/report-browns-high-on-johnny-manziel

Charlie Brown
01-13-2014, 10:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000312739/article/report-browns-high-on-johnny-manziel

I certainly hope not. The guy is arrogant, cares only for himself, and is a. Distraction both on and off the field. He's be a perfect Raven or Raider.

91bronco
01-14-2014, 08:11 AM
I certainly hope not. The guy is arrogant, cares only for himself, and is a. Distraction both on and off the field. He's be a perfect Raven or Raider.

I agree with you regarding Manziel- I think it would be a horrible move for the franchise.

ELWAY421
01-14-2014, 09:41 AM
http://fansided.com/2014/01/14/broncos-oc-adam-gase-plans-interview-browns-per-mike-glis/

-Rod-
01-14-2014, 10:42 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2566/browns-offense

Citing conversations with people around the league, NFL Network's Albert Breer says the feeling is the Browns' head-coaching job is viewed as "radioactive."

"Tough spot for them," added Breer of the Browns, who were quickly spurned by Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. The Browns have an alleged-criminal owner and kicked Rob Chudzinski aside after one year on the job, also letting outstanding coordinators Ray Horton and Norv Turner leave without a fight. There is no franchise quarterback or running back on the roster. It's not surprising coaches around the league aren't lining up to succeed Chudzinski.

Jan 12 - 1:24 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9276/adam-gase

A source tells the Cleveland Plain Dealer that "several colleagues" are warning Broncos OC Adam Gase against taking the Browns' head-coaching job after Rob Chudzinski went one-and-done in Cleveland.

There are indications CEO Joe Banner, GM Mike Lombardi, and owner Jimmy Haslam are not "on the same page," per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora has reported that Gase is the Browns' new primary head-coaching target, after Patriots OC Josh McDaniels turned them down. Gase is not expected to interview for top-job vacancies until after Denver's playoff run.

Jan 13 - 1:52 PM

Currently the most dysfunctional franchise with the worst front office in football, the Browns are the worst landing spot for a young coach that can still improve his stock in 2014 and find more attractive options in the near future.

I hope Adam Gase does not damage his coaching career as the next victim with a short stint in the factory of sadness.

ELWAY421
01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2566/browns-offense

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9276/adam-gase

Currently the most dysfunctional franchise with the worst front office in football, the Browns are the worst landing spot for a young coach that can still improve his stock in 2014 and find more attractive options in the near future.

I hope Adam Gase does not damage his coaching career as the next victim with a short stint in the factory of sadness.

No doubt. New owner same ol story in Cleveland. I thought the new owner would help the franchise take a step forward but I was wrong indeed. The new owner has made the franchise take a step backwards... Gase better stay put & wait for the right job....

one5beast
01-14-2014, 02:23 PM
@AdamSchefter 2m
Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has withdrawn from consideration for Browns HC job, per source.

2nd HC candidate to withdraw name from Browns. Really hope for Gase's sake he doesnt go there.

allthings18
01-14-2014, 02:37 PM
It seems they are holding off on the chance to interview Gase.

I hope he stays in Denver.

ELWAY421
01-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Haslim better just put the team back up for sale.....

roushmartin6
01-14-2014, 02:55 PM
It seems they are holding off on the chance to interview Gase.

I hope he stays in Denver.

If he is smart he will stay, continue to soak up the knowledge that Manning, Fox, and Del Rio have. Then have a chance at a team better than the Browns in the future. I would take a high school job over the Browns right now just because the job security is better

allthings18
01-14-2014, 03:12 PM
If he is smart he will stay, continue to soak up the knowledge that Manning, Fox, and Del Rio have. Then have a chance at a team better than the Browns in the future. I would take a high school job over the Browns right now just because the job security is better

If they are interested in him after year 1, there is no doubt that interest won't be there next year or the year after.

HC $ is hard to turn down, and the chance to be the head man is a dream that many of these men have been chasing for years.

I won't blame him one bit for jumping at the chance, but I hope he stays in place. Who knows, he might be inline to replace Fox if/when he decides to step down in the future.

roushmartin6
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
If they are interested in him after year 1, there is no doubt that interest won't be there next year or the year after.

HC $ is hard to turn down, and the chance to be the head man is a dream that many of these men have been chasing for years.

I won't blame him one bit for jumping at the chance, but I hope he stays in place. Who knows, he might be inline to replace Fox if/when he decides to step down in the future.

Thats true but Dennis Allen left us after one year as a coordinator to go to Oakland which is in the same boat as the Browns except a worse cap situation and he almost got fired this year

Charlie Brown
01-15-2014, 06:40 AM
No doubt. New owner same ol story in Cleveland. I thought the new owner would help the franchise take a step forward but I was wrong indeed. The new owner has made the franchise take a step backwards... Gase better stay put & wait for the right job....

"Same Old Story"? What story were you reading when Lerner was in charge? Lerner was never like Haslam. Lerner hired Holmgren to run football operations. Haslam has Lombardi and Banner. If you know anything about football you would know Lerner was the better owner - as I have said from day one. Haslam only wants to make $$.

ELWAY421
01-15-2014, 07:06 AM
"Same Old Story"? What story were you reading when Lerner was in charge? Lerner was never like Haslam. Lerner hired Holmgren to run football operations. Haslam has Lombardi and Banner. If you know anything about football you would know Lerner was the better owner - as I have said from day one. Haslam only wants to make $$.

Well the thing that they both have in common is both being mediocre...... Meaning the franchise. Yeah maybe Lerner was better when it came to some things, but his teams were still at the bottom of the league.... Don't act like they were going to the playoffs with Lerner, what once in all of those years???? Not good.

allthings18
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Thats true but Dennis Allen left us after one year as a coordinator to go to Oakland which is in the same boat as the Browns except a worse cap situation and he almost got fired this year
Like I said, it's a hard choice for those guys. Most have been working their way up the coaching ladder for a number of years. Quality Control to Position Coach to Coordinator. Some are content to be a RB coach for 20-30 years. Some have the desire to be the Boss man.

I just want Gase to stick around as opposed to the offense having the 3rd OC in 3 years. I get that Peyton was heavily involved in that last year, and this year and will be next year whether it's Gase or another OC. I just hope he stays but I don't think he will.

I think he wants to win. He'll make money whether he wins or losses. Making money as an NFL owner is an afterthought. One would have to try to "not make money". If he were trying to make money he'd have kept Chud in place as opposed to adding him to the list of coaches they are still paying not to coach. I wish you guys well. I've always respected your passionate fan base.

FL BRONCO
01-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Who said this besides the talking heads in the Media? Do you have a legit source? I think they kow the slary cap situation along with the lack of draft picks he walked into that has handcuffed him severely. It is hard to develope a good team when you have no money for FA and no draft picks. This situation is just now turning around this year and I'm sure that was discussed when the new Gm took over as well as DA. I'm thinking the Raiders expected this to be a 4 to 5 year process to turn this around. To expect it to happen while handcuffed like he has been is just unrealistic. Imo his job was not on the line this year, no way you can expect him to do a whole lot with the hand he was given in the first two years. While I agree that Gase should probably wait, get more experience at OC and working with Fox and Manning and hold out for better offers in the year or years to come. I don't see the Browns situation the same as Oaklands. I believe Oakland made a commitment to follow a plan and turn this around and we are just watching it happen with the talking heads trying to make publicity. The Browns however, yeah they are a mess.

HUMCALC
01-15-2014, 02:26 PM
IMHO CLE's in a better situation than OAK. They have 2 young serviceable RBs in Baker and Obaynaya, a #1 WR, a monster TE, and a solid D.

Charlie Brown
01-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Report: Broncos' Gase likely to turn down Browns (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24412973/report-broncos-oc-adam-gase-likely-to-turn-down-browns-if-offered)

Can't say I'm sad to hear. I had zero interest/excitement over him. I hear there are two experienced coaches looking for a job - Chudzinski and Norv Turner.

-Rod-
01-18-2014, 04:07 PM
IMHO CLE's in a better situation than OAK. They have 2 young serviceable RBs in Baker and Obaynaya, a #1 WR, a monster TE, and a solid D.

Power structure is more important than roster talent. It does not matter which players you have if the front office does not have any credibility to make you believe they'll let you do your job. There is a reason why coaches are being warned to stay away from Cleveland. There is a reason why coaches are removing their names from the list of candidates. Oakland is giving Dennis Allen another shot after clearing the salary cap issues and there is a clear structure with Reggie McKenzie running the football operations.

Cleveland has the three stooges scaring people away from the organization. Michael Lombardi has been a failed GM his whole career, and honestly I don't know what he is doing there because Joe Banner is above him calling the shots. The owner is involved in a fraud scandal. They fired the new head coach after one season, the same coach they hired after a meticulous search. They also let Norv Turner and Ray Horton go. There is zero sense of job security in Cleveland. That franchise has been a perennial loser and the front office has pressed the reset button once again.

If you think Cleveland can be your only chance or your last chance, then roll the dice... But if you're a young coach on the rise, still building your reputation, why would you go to Cleveland instead of waiting for a more stable organization? Cleveland will just be a negative mark on your resume and a waste of time when you're fired after one or two seasons.

BroncoFanBoy
01-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Report: Broncos' Gase likely to turn down Browns (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24412973/report-broncos-oc-adam-gase-likely-to-turn-down-browns-if-offered)

Can't say I'm sad to hear. I had zero interest/excitement over him. I hear there are two experienced coaches looking for a job - Chudzinski and Norv Turner.

Just watch, Cleveland will have to promote someone already in their coaching staff to HC.

Charlie Brown
01-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Just watch, Cleveland will have to promote someone already in their coaching staff to HC.

Problem is they fired them all.

BroncoFanBoy
01-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Problem is they fired them all.

There's still their ST coach, Shawn Mennenga. But that would be really sad to have to promote a ST coach all the way to the head coach position.

I feel bad for any Browns fan right now. Nobody wants to coach there. That team's never gonna be good. Even if Chudnewski wasn't a good coach at all, firing him after one season was stupid.

ELWAY421
01-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Agree with that. Cleveland is scaping the bottom of the barrel now, interviewing ST's coaches & what not. Haslim really put this franchise in a bad spot. Coaches turning them down, that's on Haslim... I do feel bad for the Browns fans....

BroncoFanBoy
01-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Browns actually may hire a HC soon after all:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10335325/cleveland-browns-two-finalists-head-coaching-job-mike-pettine-favorite

The Cleveland Browns' head-coaching search is down to two finalists, and the team's brass is expected to meet with each Thursday before selecting its hire, league sources told ESPN.

League sources believe Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has emerged as the favorite, though Cleveland has not made any decision yet. Pettine will be one of the two candidates to fly to Cleveland to interview with the Browns again on Thursday.

The Browns also met for five hours Wednesday at a Tampa, Fla., airport with former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano, sources said. They also spoke Wednesday morning with Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, sources said.

If the Browns hire Schiano, then I say give their FO a break until June, and let a thing of butter be the GM. That thing will have a better draft than their FO would.

one5beast
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
@TonyGrossi: Confirmed: #Browns and #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels had more conversations this week. Possibly back in mix.

Browns are going to end up hiring a HC in 2015.

Charlie Brown
01-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Browns actually may hire a HC soon after all:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10335325/cleveland-browns-two-finalists-head-coaching-job-mike-pettine-favorite

If the Browns hire Schiano, then I say give their FO a break until June, and let a thing of butter be the GM. That thing will have a better draft than their FO would.

Meeting Schiano at the airport doesn't make me think he's high on their list. This coaching search is at the point where nobody will excite me. In fact, I want to see mock drafts right now. Any QB but Manziel is how I feel.

Charlie Brown
01-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Link (http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10338529)
The Cleveland Browns are expected to offer their head-coaching job to Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, per multiple league sources.

Pettine is meeting Thursday with the Browns for a third time, sources said. If the meeting goes well and the two sides can work out a contract, then Cleveland will proceed with its plan to hire Pettine, sources said.

Negotiations between the two sides have yet to begin, however, according to sources. But both sides are highly motivated to get a deal done. Pettine wants to be the Browns' head coach, and Cleveland has few candidates left to choose from.

A team spokesman, asked by ESPN.com about a report out of Cleveland that the decision to hire Pettine has already been made, said the Browns have yet to make a decision on a coach.

The 47-year-old Pettine spent four seasons as a defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan with the New York Jets before joining the Bills. Pettine also has worked as an assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

The Browns are in the fourth week of their search for their seventh full-time coach since 1999.

The Browns do not plan to hire former Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano, whom they met with Wednesday, and*New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has not been willing to re-enter the race to become the Cleveland coach.* Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is considered nothing more than a long shot, and Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase already has withdrawn from consideration.

McDaniels was believed to be the Browns' first choice and was among the first interviewed. He announced before the Patriots' postseason opener against the Colts that he was withdrawing his name from consideration for the Browns position.

But sources told ESPN that the Browns contacted McDaniels again soon after the Patriots lost in the AFC Championship Game in an attempt to convince him to change his mind.

ESPN.com Browns reporter Pat McManamon and ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder contributed to this report.]

Spice 1
01-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Meeting Schiano at the airport doesn't make me think he's high on their list. This coaching search is at the point where nobody will excite me. In fact, I want to see mock drafts right now. Any QB but Manziel is how I feel.

I think the problem is that Houston will take Clowney or Bridgewater. Even if they take Clowney, I don't think Bridgewater will make it past JVille. At that point I don't think it really matters. I'm not very big on Manziel either.

ELWAY421
01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Well Cleveland has a new coach.... Will he make it a full year???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10330448/cleveland-browns-tab-mike-pettine-next-coach

BroncoFanBoy
01-23-2014, 02:45 PM

He'll tell the Browns owner the bathroom is out of toilet paper next week and he'll get fired for that.

Charlie Brown
01-23-2014, 02:47 PM

He is the next former Browns coach.

ELWAY421
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
He is the next former Browns coach.

Bad move???? lol...

Charlie Brown
01-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Bad move???? lol...

No, he was the only person that apparently wanted the job. Everyone else avoided it like the plague.

Now he has to deal with the high expectations the owner places in him. Clearly the owner expects a playoff contender or bust. So he must have 6 or 7 wins to keep his job past year one.

He'll have some rookie quarterback, probably a rookie running back, and a much changed OL (Mack is likely gone) and a defense without TJ Ward (who also is likely gone).

ELWAY421
01-23-2014, 03:11 PM
No, he was the only person that apparently wanted the job. Everyone else avoided it like the plague.

Now he has to deal with the high expectations the owner places in him. Clearly the owner expects a playoff contender or bust. So he must have 6 or 7 wins to keep his job past year one.

He'll have some rookie quarterback, probably a rookie running back, and a much changed OL (Mack is likely gone) and a defense without TJ Ward (who also is likely gone).

Did Seattle's D coordinator pass on the job?????

Charlie Brown
01-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Did Seattle's D coordinator pass on the job?????

They are in the Super Bowl and any announcement would have had to wait till that was done. Also, why would he want to leave Seattle? Super Bowl this year, likely contenders next year, etc.

DenverBlood
01-23-2014, 03:33 PM
I had hoped for better for the Browns. No idea why they would want the Bills DC. Makes no sense.

Guess the Browns really are doomed for eternity.

BroncoFanBoy
01-23-2014, 05:34 PM
I had hoped for better for the Browns. No idea why they would want the Bills DC. Makes no sense.

Guess the Browns really are doomed for eternity.

Nobody else wanted the job. Makes sense since they fired a head coach after 1 season. The Browns wanted guys like Adam Gase, Todd Bowles, Josh McDaniels, and even a guy who chose to be an offensive coordinator for the Giants instead of head coach of the Browns.

ELWAY421
01-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Yet every year the Browns fans keep showing up, I have to respect that.....

roushmartin6
01-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the Browns you are now on the hotseat

ELWAY421
01-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the Browns you are now on the hotseat

So your saying the search for the next head coach in Cleveland is underway??? LOL.....

roushmartin6
01-24-2014, 01:36 AM
So your saying the search for the next head coach in Cleveland is underway??? LOL.....

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was. They really wanted Gase, then they tried McDaniels again. Now I feel they have settled on this guy. They better have this guy in office for at least 5 years to buy back some credibility in the coaching circle

FL BRONCO
01-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Yet every year the Browns fans keep showing up, I have to respect that.....

Masochist=Cleveland Browns fans

Charlie Brown
01-24-2014, 09:15 AM
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was. They really wanted Gase, then they tried McDaniels again. Now I feel they have settled on this guy. They better have this guy in office for at least 5 years to buy back some credibility in the coaching circle

I am sure they'll keep him more than a year, unless he has 4 or fewer wins next year.

91bronco
01-24-2014, 09:38 AM
I thought this was pretty funny....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-pettine-explains-daughter-unexcited-tweet-him-being-150833820--nfl.html

FL BRONCO
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
I thought this was pretty funny....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-pettine-explains-daughter-unexcited-tweet-him-being-150833820--nfl.html

That is funny, cps

FL BRONCO
01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Its a shame but it seems this job was about who would finally actually agree to go there.

I hope he does a great job with the Browns and surprises everyone (except of course when they play the Broncos)

Cladyfan
01-24-2014, 03:50 PM
And the hits keep on coming. I'm a little surprised that Haslam even went there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cleveland-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam-blames-media-doesn-175200736--nfl.html

-Rod-
01-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Is Petine still their head coach?

91bronco
01-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Is Petine still their head coach?

LOL Low blow....

On a serious note, I want some of these franchises that have seen decades of lows start to turn it around. The Raiders and the Browns are storied franchises that had great rivalries that have fallen to the wayside because of bad management.

samparnell
01-28-2014, 11:51 AM
I wish Mike Pettine luck. The Brown's FO needs to keep him at least three or four seasons, or they may never get a viable NFL coach to apply.

They should not have fired Chudzinski. Doing so greatly diminished the credibility of the owner and his FO.

Jimmy Haslam brags about how many draft picks the Browns have. That's fine, but let's see if the FO can convert those to actual football players who make the team and deliver plays.