PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan

broncoFan!
09-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Anyone else really like this guy? I know he has a loud mouth and is one of those personalities that you either hate or love (lol) but for me I really enjoy watching this guy coach/call defensive plays.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000250851/Sound-FX-Rex-Ryan

The NFL did a pretty good job with the mic'd up version too. Plus, if you think about it this guy has been set up to fail this season and so far is 2-1 and could have been 3-0 if Geno Smith had played better against the Patriots.

If he gets his team to the playoffs this year he deserves coach of the year hands down in my opinion. I would love to see Rex Ryan as the defensive coordinator for Denver too if there was ever room on our roster for him (I.e. if Jack Del Rio got a job elsewhere.) I really feel like he's done a lot with very little that was given to him. What are your thoughts?

Charlie Brown
09-26-2013, 06:19 AM
I cannot stand him. He is an arrogant jerk. His brother I didn't mind though.

InsaneBlaze23
09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Don't like him at all, all he does is talk talk talk then lose lose lose. He's annoying, I don't mind coaches with a personality but if you're gonna talk win some games. It was fine when the Jets was making the playoffs because he was backing up his words. But since then it has been silly.

But I do like Rob and think he would be a good head coach. He's a good players coach.

EddieMac
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I cannot stand him. He is an arrogant jerk. His brother I didn't mind though.

WHat he says ^^^^ minus his brother being not bad....cut that hair man!

samparnell
09-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Rex is annoying because he doesn't know when to shut up. He is the polar opposite of Belichick who tries to say nothing.

When you get past that stuff, Rex Ryan is an excellent defensive football coach who really knows his Xs & Os and how to scout and prepare his team. Players seem to like playing for him.

The proof of the pudding is in the wins. We'll see how it pans out for the Jets this year.

Peerless
09-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I can't stand any of the Ryan brothers to be honest.

Rex is full of himself.

ERoyal248
09-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Love Rex.

If JDR gets a HC gig, I'd take him as DC.

LSIGRAD09
09-26-2013, 11:12 AM
I like him, I think he brings a certain energy to coaching, despite talking too much.
Better than standing on the sideline looking like you hate the world, or being curt with reporters all the time.

AZ Snake Fan
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM

I can't stand any of the Ryan brothers to be honest.

Rex is full of himself.

Never cared for his father, don't care for his sons !

TheSheriff
09-26-2013, 06:09 PM
If we needed a DC, I'd love Rex. Seriously, do people not realize that he schemed defenses that carried Sanchez, King of the butt fumble, to 2 AFC Championships. Rex might not be a good HC, but he's a great DC.