PDA

View Full Version : NE Patriots

RandomVariable
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
What happened to the people who said we were only good against rookie QB and lower tier offenses?

ERoyal248
09-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Certainly better than people think.

Ryan has played bad, some due to the Pats D, a couple I'll advised throws. Missed Roddy wide open for 7.

Good win by them barring a ridiculous comeback.

All in all, they look good though.

Houshmazode
09-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Atlanta's not a top 10 offense in yards or pts scored, Julio Jones is hurt and Atlanta's only win is by 1 td over St. Louis.

Don't worry, we're not stressing the Pats.

ERoyal248
09-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Atlanta's not a top 10 offense in yards or pts scored, Julio Jones is hurt and Atlanta's only win is by 1 td over St. Louis.

Not stressing them but they are better than some on here think.

RandomVariable
09-29-2013, 08:21 PM

You predicted a Pats loss against ATL. Maybe you should accept the fact that they are for real. ;)

58_VONDOOM_92
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
You predicted a Pats loss against ATL. Maybe you should accept the fact that they are for real. ;)

As long as Brady is there they will always be for real but still not too worried about them. Good win though

Houshmazode
09-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I'll accept the fact that I was wrong about the Falcons, they're not a very good team.

I don't see the Pats as a serious threat yet.

RandomVariable
09-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Keep in mind that they are doing this without Gronk, Amendola, and Vereen.

ERoyal248
09-29-2013, 08:28 PM

And we're missing our top two players on D as well as missing our All Pro LT.

But yes, they'll be good, always will as long as they have Brady.

Houshmazode
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
It's the Patriots system. Gronk and Amendola are injury prone. Will they come back healthy?

Do you think your O can outscore our O with those 3 guys healthy? When we have Champ and Von back?

ERoyal248
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
I'll accept the fact that I was wrong about the Falcons, they're not a very good team.

I don't see the Pats as a serious threat yet.

They're a serious threat, don't be silly.

TheSheriff
09-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Pats are definitely a threat to us. Honestly they are the only team in the afc that could keep up with us in a shootout.

Broncos-R-Great
09-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Interesting game, Falcons play awful, yet still almost tie it at the end. Patriots are winning ugly, but still winning.

mojo0730
09-29-2013, 10:58 PM
When you have Tom Brady as your quarterback, I don't care who he's throwing to they're always a threat.

Do I think they're one of the best teams in the NFL? I can't really say - besides the Broncos and Seahawks there aren't any really standout teams. Just some really good teams, some really middling teams, and a couple truly awful teams.

But as long as the Pats have Brady, they're legit.

Denver Mike
09-29-2013, 11:07 PM

Just as we are doing what we are doing without our elite pass rusher, Pro Bowl Corner, and superstar LT.. I'd like very much to see what your precious Pats would look like trying to keep up with Adam Gase's record shattering offence.

fallforward3y+
09-30-2013, 02:23 AM

The Vereen injury has hurt them almost zero, Blount is a better back anyway.

Without Gronk and Amendola is impressive, but I doubt they will light up the boards on their return. It's more so a sign that BB can find what almost any receiver does well, and make them an effective player. Kendell Thompkins(I think that's his name) looks like a pretty good receiver, and has played very well for them.

fallforward3y+
09-30-2013, 02:32 AM
Pats are definitely a threat to us. Honestly they are the only team in the afc that could keep up with us in a shootout.

NE isn't keeping up with Denver in a shoot out, if they're going to beat DEN they're going to have to play good defense. Their offense is good, but they're not putting up 40 on Denver without several turnovers aiding them.

BB I'm sure will make it a point to not let Welker beat them, but ultimately it will depend on scheming to give Manning problems. Denver has too many weapons to shut them all down, you have to focus on stopping the QB.

There's nobody that is going to beat Denver in a shoot out/passing contest. Whoever beats them will have to limit their possessions, and make some key stops on their offense.

broncoslover115
09-30-2013, 05:44 AM
NE is the only team I don't want to lose to. I want to shut up the naysayers who always say, "we haven't beaten anybody." That statement is already all over the internet.

martz11
09-30-2013, 06:48 AM
NE is the only team I don't want to lose to. I want to shut up the naysayers who always say, "we haven't beaten anybody." That statement is already all over the internet.

Of course people say that garbage, they are called "haters". When you play bad teams your supposed to win big and they are. People will just look for an excuse cause they are worried.

ELWAY421
09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Agreed but when we go into Foxboro I hope we Molly Whop them. All of this 52 pts stuff will be all for not in the regular season if we can't go in there and beat Brady and company. I'd rather us lose against Indy or Houston then go to Foxboro and lose again there to Pats. Shanahan owned the Pats & they have kinda owned us since.

The Sheriff18
09-30-2013, 05:02 PM

We can beat them and everyone else and people will then say "well can they do it in the playoffs?"

broncoslover115
09-30-2013, 05:14 PM
We can beat them and everyone else and people will then say "well can they do it in the playoffs?"

Yup, now all I've heard today is how Tom Brady and NE is so much more impressive than PFM and The Denver Broncos because TB is winning with a bunch of no names and no weapons. And because their offense is much more balanced and don't need a high flying offense and can grind it out and are doing it with all the injuries. God, can't they ever just give Manning his do once in a while.

bronx_2003
09-30-2013, 05:46 PM
NE played fairly well but Wilfork is a huge loss.

I am a little surprised by Atlanta being 1-3 but that team is dealing with some serious injuries.

I didn't think NE would win IN Atlanta, but I also didn't realize that half their team was going to be missing.

No Jackson, Roddy on one leg, LT Baker leaves the game early, Their 2 top LB's out and then the next best one, Dent, leaves the game. Asanta Samuel OUT.

That was the Falcons B team and if they don't get players back soon they are DONE.

southern cross
10-01-2013, 05:05 PM

I don't want to lose to the Colts, in addition to the Pats. That would be awful.

But I can imagine that Peyton will be a man on a mission when those games come around to play.

Especially that game in Indy.

RandomVariable
10-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Agreed but when we go into Foxboro I hope we Molly Whop them. All of this 52 pts stuff will be all for not in the regular season if we can't go in there and beat Brady and company. I'd rather us lose against Indy or Houston then go to Foxboro and lose again there to Pats. Shanahan owned the Pats & they have kinda owned us since.

And we own Peyton too.

The Sheriff18
10-01-2013, 06:20 PM
NE played fairly well but Wilfork is a huge loss.

I am a little surprised by Atlanta being 1-3 but that team is dealing with some serious injuries.

I didn't think NE would win IN Atlanta, but I also didn't realize that half their team was going to be missing.

No Jackson, Roddy on one leg, LT Baker leaves the game early, Their 2 top LB's out and then the next best one, Dent, leaves the game. Asanta Samuel OUT.

That was the Falcons B team and if they don't get players back soon they are DONE.

Maybe Peyton has been spoiling me but I always thought of Matt Ryan as pretty good. Last night though I saw him miss really bad on a few throws.

bronx_2003
10-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Maybe Peyton has been spoiling me but I always thought of Matt Ryan as pretty good. Last night though I saw him miss really bad on a few throws.

He definitely missed some bad one's. I didn't agree with the early 4th down attempt but Roddy was wide open and that was a horrible throw.

I think part of his problem was the fact that White was playing on one leg. I really don't see why they put him on the field if he's not fit. The commentators were saying he' a decoy but is that really effective ?

and without S Jax they had zero running game.

Ryan did not play well, but that team is so banged up its no surprise to me they are 1-3

Jermz79
10-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Where ya at today Patsie fan??? The Bungles just shut Brady down ....

Houshmazode
10-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Pats look unstoppable...

Rkemper20
10-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Where is randomvariable ?

ERoyal248
10-06-2013, 06:28 PM
And we own Peyton too.

He threw for 300+ and 3 TD's last year with a worse offense, not so much.

6 points, really?

Jermz79
10-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Where is randomvariable ?

My guess is he won't be back until the Patsies beat another underwhelming opponent!

Rkemper20
10-07-2013, 04:58 PM
My guess is he won't be back until the Patsies beat another underwhelming opponent!
Lol has he returned yet!!! I would love to talk about Tom Brady and how his TD streak was snapped.

RandomVariable
10-13-2013, 04:46 PM

The 5-0 Saints weren't underwhelming at all. ;)

Rkemper20
10-13-2013, 05:14 PM
We missed you last week don't be a stranger ok.

Jermz79
10-13-2013, 05:25 PM

That figures, when your team throws a turd last week you're no where to be found .... and now you come back to gloat when they get a win.

ERoyal248
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM

Of course nowhere to be found when they lost.

Smh.

RandomVariable
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Of course nowhere to be found when they lost.

Smh.

So what? I admit they had an atrocious game offensively that game. D played well though, and played well again tonight against a very good offense. We completely shut down Graham.

We usually have a stinker every season and last week was it. We have a better record at this stage than we did last year though.

Houshmazode
10-14-2013, 07:53 AM
How's your star receiver Amendola doing?

martz11
10-14-2013, 08:00 AM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/mistac/mistac1208/mistac120800006/14676838-an-injured-cartoon-cat-with-bandages-plaster-and-walking-stick.jpg

ERoyal248
10-14-2013, 09:50 AM
So what? I admit they had an atrocious game offensively that game. D played well though, and played well again tonight against a very good offense. We completely shut down Graham.

We usually have a stinker every season and last week was it. We have a better record at this stage than we did last year though.

6 points isn't a stinker, that's atrocious.

On Graham, sure.

Regards to the schedule, yes, but vastly easier.

southern cross
10-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I don't know about anyone else here, but as a former Colt fan, I got a little sick to my stomach seeing Collie dressed out in a Pat's uniform. He had such a great rapport with Peyton, but suffered several concussions over his playing time there. He was one of the receivers who first went to Duke to work out with Peyton after the neck surgery recovery. I had hoped that he could be reunited with Peyton in Denver, but I guess there wasn't room on the roster for him.

RandomVariable
10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
6 points isn't a stinker, that's atrocious.

On Graham, sure.

Regards to the schedule, yes, but vastly easier.

You guys shouldn't be talking about easy schedules. You have by far one of, if not the, easiest schedules in the AFC.

RandomVariable
10-14-2013, 12:25 PM

Our star receiver this year has been Thompkins, not Amendola. We're undefeated without Amendola this season.

Keep trying. ;)

ERoyal248
10-14-2013, 12:41 PM
You guys shouldn't be talking about easy schedules. You have by far one of, if not the, easiest schedules in the AFC.

Compared to NE.

Buf 2-4
Jets, 3-3 but 13 pts.
Bucs, winless.
Atl, 1 win.
Cin, good team.
NO, same.

Really two good teams and should of lost both.

RandomVariable
10-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Compared to NE.

Buf 2-4
Jets, 3-3 but 13 pts.
Bucs, winless.
Atl, 1 win.
Cin, good team.
NO, same.

Really two good teams and should of lost both.

Denver's:

Ravens 3-3
Giants 0-6
Raiders 2-4
Eagles 3-3
Cowboys 3-3
Jags 0-6

Two winless teams and not a single team above 0.500.