PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Suggs on Blackout, Goddells Relationship With Elway

broncoslover115
10-01-2013, 02:13 PM
So, they just had a piece on Sports Center and Suggs claimed that Roger Goodell was behind the blackout at the SB because he didn't want a blowout. He also claimed that Goodell wasn't a neutral party during the playoff game at Denver because he was on the sidelines yukking it up with Elway.

He said it was obvious to him that the Broncos were Goodell's favorite team and he should not be allowed to collect his (Roger's) paycheck because he was not being neutral.

Uh, Suggs, did you see the officiating in that game? Did you not see what everyone else saw, that as soon as your narcissist, self-appointed leader announced his retirement, his storybook ending was predetermined?

What a tool!

Hawaii007
10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't understand why he can't just be happy they won the Super Bowl and feel the need to try to elevate the mystique of their run by claiming to have won despite the grand conspiracy of the NFL.

86Elwayfan
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't understand why he can't just be happy they won the Super Bowl and feel the need to try to elevate the mystique of their run by claiming to have won despite the grand conspiracy of the NFL.

Because they are a terrible team now and someone else has to be to blame...

assassin216
10-01-2013, 02:53 PM

I do find it troubling that the commissioner of the NFL would be on a football teams sideline........

JakeNbake
10-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Drama queen for sure

ruksak
10-01-2013, 03:04 PM
I do find it troubling that the commissioner of the NFL would be on a football teams sideline........

Why?

10 chars

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
It wouldn't have mattered if the queen of England and Barak Obama were on the Ravens sideline for the last game we played. :laugh: He needs to get over himself. Somebody has been spreading paranoid propaganda in that locker room because Ray Lewis was spewing the same ridiculous crap about the outage being intentional.

BroncoFanBoy
10-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Sugss obviously doesn't think. Who cares what he has to say? This is also the same guy who said during the game, "Bet you wish you had Tim Tebow right about now?"

assassin216
10-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Why?

10 chars

So you're telling me you wouldn't have a problem with the commissioner being on a Patriots sideline during a playoff game....

AussieBronco76
10-01-2013, 03:20 PM
So, they just had a piece on Sports Center and Suggs claimed that Roger Goodell was behind the blackout at the SB because he didn't want a blowout. He also claimed that Goodell wasn't a neutral party during the playoff game at Denver because he was on the sidelines yukking it up with Elway.

He said it was obvious to him that the Broncos were Goodell's favorite team and he should not be allowed to collect his (Roger's) paycheck because he was not being neutral.

Uh, Suggs, did you see the officiating in that game? Did you not see what everyone else saw, that as soon as your narcissist, self-appointed leader announced his retirement, his storybook ending was predetermined?

What a tool!

Ok terrell you can have roger goodell on your side lines and we will take that particular ref who was reffing like he was Ray Lewis's brother.

underrated29
10-01-2013, 03:42 PM
So you're telling me you wouldn't have a problem with the commissioner being on a Patriots sideline during a playoff game....

No. Why would it matter. Goodell meets with all the gms and coaches all the time throughout the year. Why would it matter during the game?

He's not calling plays. He's not scouting for them. He is not reffing and throwing flags

Nuts4koi
10-01-2013, 03:48 PM
No. Why would it matter. Goodell meets with all the gms and coaches all the time throughout the year. Why would it matter during the game?

He's not calling plays. He's not scouting for them. He is not reffing and throwing flags

If the truth is known, Goodell was probably on both sidelines at some point during the game. I doubt he stayed on the Bronco's sideline only.

FL BRONCO
10-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Some times the best defense is a good offense. Maybe there has been talk of the refs keeping the Ravens in it all day long in that game and this is their way of dealing with it.

VenomousDB
10-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Weird...post.
Who cares. We were the home team and i honestly couldnt have cared less where goodell was at

broncoslover115
10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
They just showed the rest of the interview with Suggs on E60. OMG, he is gives me the creeps. Ick!

SilverbulletX24
10-01-2013, 04:37 PM
He's a rocket scientist, that one. Apparently he's also a philanderer and a woman-beater. Stay classy T-Sizzle!

http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/nba/img19272313.jpg

#24 Next Champ
10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Can't stand Terrell Suggs...and anyone who knows anything knows that the officiating in that game is WHAT KEPT BAL IN THE GAME....Otherwise it wouldn't have even been close at the end, that officiating crew costed us that damn SB

What a whiny lil girl

bronx_2003
10-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Its a shame when a very good player behaves like a tool

assassin216
10-01-2013, 05:20 PM
If the truth is known, Goodell was probably on both sidelines at some point during the game. I doubt he stayed on the Bronco's sideline only.

But,Terrell Suggs isn't a known liar though......I really doubt that Suggs would open his mouth,if Goodell came over to their sidelines also...

Elways_Ghost
10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
This is a weak attempt by a poor leader to pull the Ray ray its the world against us motivational tactic. Hardly holds water though when you won both games so its kinda moot at this point.

broncoslover115
10-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Can't stand Terrell Suggs...and anyone who knows anything knows that the officiating in that game is WHAT KEPT BAL IN THE GAME....Otherwise it wouldn't have even been close at the end, that officiating crew costed us that damn SB

What a whiny lil girl

Hey, don't insult us girls like that. Would never want to be compared to someone like him in any way. LOL :laugh:

Chillez
10-01-2013, 05:41 PM
What idiot and crazy statements by Suggs. You won the SB last year get over it and move on already.

KoolBreeze
10-01-2013, 05:45 PM
I think its good for Goddell to be on the sidelines mingling with the players, coaches and others. I don't see a thing wrong with it. If the owners don't trust him to be impartial then they should replace him, simple as that.

GoManning
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM

What a tool!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0127/nfl_a_goodell-lewis01jr_600.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7545acdab69b9aac4d44f22a87cd8847/tumblr_mg7u57Y2pK1rfimo0o1_1280.jpg
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/USATSI_7007700-1024x674.jpg

He's just pissed at everyone because his $120mil QB is stinking it up.
http://i.imgur.com/ySCYl3k.png

Fargo
10-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Notice how Ray Lewis mentioned "lack of leadership" among the Ravens' roster this season. A leader, Suggs is not.

bronx_2003
10-01-2013, 06:23 PM
GoManning - It always makes me laugh when I think of the contract he got. A classic example of someone having a few good games..... and some luck..... and gettting paid when the vast majority of his career has been below average.

He is very similar to Eli in this way.

Whatever happened to QB's only getting top money if they performed week in, week out, year in, year out.

broncoslover115
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0127/nfl_a_goodell-lewis01jr_600.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7545acdab69b9aac4d44f22a87cd8847/tumblr_mg7u57Y2pK1rfimo0o1_1280.jpg
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/USATSI_7007700-1024x674.jpg

He's just pissed at everyone because his $120mil QB is stinking it up.
http://i.imgur.com/ySCYl3k.png

Picture says 1000 words. Suggs is an equal opportunity tool however. He absolutely hates Tom Brady and said he basically couldn't say how he feels about him on camera.

He did say that he's tired of the NFL worshipping the golden boy and his hatred of him went back to 2009 when Suggs fell on Brady's knee and Brady went crying to the refs about it. Apparently there was a rule change after that. Suggs was disgusted that other QB's had knees blown out and nobody cared but when TB's knee got brushed a whole new rule was implemented.

RunYouOver
10-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Terrell Suggs...Arian Foster...Rashard Mendenhall...Ray Lewis...and many, many more. A lot of football players either a) are really, really, really unintelligent b) say really, really stupid things or c) think they're way smarter than they are and try (and fail) to make rational points). Sometimes it's a combination of a and b, sometimes it's a combination of a and c. Sometimes it's all 3.

Just another classic case of a very unintelligent football player here.

dizzolve
10-01-2013, 06:54 PM

What a tool!

He just sounds like a sore loser and a bad winner. Even if he really thinks something like that he should at least know better than to actually say it. He just looks like a whiner now.

Goodell was only standing next to Elway because everyone looks cool when they're standing next to Elway. It's not a conspiracy lol. And yeah the officiating was so tilted how could he think Denver is getting some kind of advantage? I do think the blackout IS suspicious and not just bad luck. However it might have more to do with high stakes gambling than Goodell wants SF to win. Really Suggs? And I hate Goodell too! We could unite in our anti goodell crusade! But not on this basis :(

atwaterandstir
10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Suggs is an idiot plain and simple.....
I have played pickup basketball against that dirtbag and his cronies before and hes nothing but a -grown man sized -13 year old.

Really, hes not worth the hassle of trying to understand his mentality.
Dude has issues

broncolassiter
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
It was most likely a transformer. Why Suggs feels the need to blame it on an individual is beyond me. I have dealt with transformers before in a factory and it would take at least 30 min to replace one. Then it has to warm up and that would take another ten to fifteen minutes. So the time it took to get the power back on at the stadium matches up. the fact that half of the stadium went out means it was most likely a main transformer.

Rich_C
10-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Why?

10 chars

If but for nothing else...perception.

Rancid
10-01-2013, 09:00 PM
It wouldn't have mattered if the queen of England and Barak Obama were on the Ravens sideline for the last game we played. :laugh: He needs to get over himself. Somebody has been spreading paranoid propaganda in that locker room because Ray Lewis was spewing the same ridiculous crap about the outage being intentional.

I think if the Queen of England and Obama showed up on the Broncos sidelines whooping it up with Elway, Suggs would have a reasonable point that the world was against him.

Thors Hammer
10-01-2013, 09:07 PM
If Suggs wants to start up NFL controversies, maybe he should start by explaining how the referees put the Ravens in the Superbowl.

KWHIT97
10-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Some people need to be seen but not heard, this guy is an idiot. I'm so glad we kicked their butts the way we did in the opener!

KWHIT97
10-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Btw Suggs, you shouldnt have collected your gamercheck after the opener, because your performance was embarrassing!

johntbronco
10-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Why would anyone care what comes out of Suggs mouth?

broncoslover115
10-02-2013, 03:44 AM
If Suggs wants to start up NFL controversies, maybe he should start by explaining how the referees put the Ravens in the Superbowl.

This! I will be forever convinced of this.

After listening to the entire interview I wanted to throw up. The interviewer also asked him about the DV charges his wife/girlfriend filed and his response was "she doesn't like to share." What a disgusting pig. Why any woman would want to be with this guy is beyond me.

taz1458
10-02-2013, 04:30 AM
Suggs and Lewis are on the same level. Both extremely pathetic and can never be pleased. Got rid of one of them, time for the other overrated player to retire. Complaining about a game they won and a game the refs helped them win. Exactly why I can't stand the Ravens.

VADER72
10-02-2013, 05:21 AM
He's a horrible movie producer as well. Just another idiot that thinks he has an artistic talent because he has money.

simplistickhaos
10-02-2013, 05:24 AM
Suggs and Lewis are on the same level. Both extremely pathetic and can never be pleased. Got rid of one of them, time for the other overrated player to retire. Complaining about a game they won and a game the refs helped them win. Exactly why I can't stand the Ravens.

Sadly we still have to listen to Ray Lewis on TV. I was starting to like Lewis last yer after watching him around his children but then the playoff run happened an I had to hear that stupid comment "no weapons shall rise against us, no weapon". He just gets under my skin.

Suggs is an idiot and is trying to light a fire under his teammates but I guarantee that all they are doing is shaking their heads at him wishing he would just shut up. Great choice Elvis!

martz11
10-02-2013, 05:28 AM
The NFL is so against the Ravens yet they got the favorable calls in the Denver game last year......uh ok.

Pruke
10-02-2013, 05:47 AM
Sometimes people are, quite honestly, stupid (or on drugs). If this is what he believes, perhaps HE should be flagged for greater drug testing.

Conner13
10-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Best post in the thread.

Both Lewis and Suggs argue that the outage was a way to keep the 49ers from being blown out. There's a hole in their logic, because, if you watch the game, you'll see the 49ers had actually gained some steam on their last drive before the half and it appeared they'd kind of figured out Baltimore's defense, even though the drive ended with a field goal.

After halftime, Jones returned a kickoff for a touchdown. (An obvious, blatant hold in the middle of the field was not called on the Ravens during the return. Go watch a replay if you haven't seen it.)

Wouldn't the referees be more inclined to call an obvious hold on the Ravens if Goodell didn't want a blowout? (In my opinion, in order for a game to be fixed, the referees would have to be "on the take", so to speak. Or at least some of them.)

Now, I'm not saying Goodell isn't capable of fixing a game. I'm not saying that at all. (See the Ravens vs. Broncos game.) All I'm saying is that the logic doesn't fit in this situation.

ozzies94ta
10-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Too bad the blackout didnt happen during this interview...

broncoslover115
10-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Too bad the blackout didnt happen during this interview...

This, my friend, had me rolling and laughing hysterically. Awesome post. Way to go! :salute:

one_bad_55
10-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Personally I think he is right, but he has the wrong team that Goodell wanted to help. Seeing Goodell kiss and hug RayRay and making sure to send him off into the sunset is the story line.

I am so convinced the Broncos/Ravens game was fixed. I have never witnessed such a poorly officiated game let alone a playoff game in over 40 years of watching football. :mad:

Denver Mike
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
If Goodell was an "obvious Bronco fan" then Miller would be playing

TheArtofManning
10-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Hey, don't insult us girls like that. Would never want to be compared to someone like him in any way. LOL :laugh:

I owe you apology kiddo. Just assumed you were a guy, and also, sorry about my anti Boston/NE rants.

broncoslover115
10-02-2013, 07:17 PM
I owe you apology kiddo. Just assumed you were a guy, and also, sorry about my anti Boston/NE rants.

No problem about the girl stuff, but please never, ever apologize for anti Boston/NE rants. For the most part, in my eyes, they are well deserved. It's all good, my friend.

It is hard living here being a Broncos fan up here in Bradyland. You would not believe the spew they say about the Broncos and Manning up here. It is despicable and very hard to take. The sports media talk about Manning and say he always pisses on himself in the playoffs and other disgusting stuff on the air.

There have been times when I've even called the radio station and went toe to toe with them myself. And I ALWAYS make sure I walk the streets with my Bronco gear on just to spark conversation or rather a heated debate, if you will. :laugh:

MH Stampede
10-03-2013, 11:10 AM

What a tool!

What's funny, is that they won both games.

And he's STILL whining!

GoManning
10-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Best post in the thread.

Both Lewis and Suggs argue that the outage was a way to keep the 49ers from being blown out. There's a hole in their logic, because, if you watch the game, you'll see the 49ers had actually gained some steam on their last drive before the half and it appeared they'd kind of figured out Baltimore's defense, even though the drive ended with a field goal.

After halftime, Jones returned a kickoff for a touchdown. (An obvious, blatant hold in the middle of the field was not called on the Ravens during the return. Go watch a replay if you haven't seen it.)

Wouldn't the referees be more inclined to call an obvious hold on the Ravens if Goodell didn't want a blowout? (In my opinion, in order for a game to be fixed, the referees would have to be "on the take", so to speak. Or at least some of them.)

Now, I'm not saying Goodell isn't capable of fixing a game. I'm not saying that at all. (See the Ravens vs. Broncos game.) All I'm saying is that the logic doesn't fit in this situation.

Superbowl game
http://tn.loljam.com/14/upload/post/201302/05/5895/9be5c2c6946930cea59c677a0b75f51a.jpg

Ravens' owner
http://binaryapi.ap.org/6ea3db3707fd4154a5654750fb06e4ea/460x.jpg

ruksak
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
No. Why would I?

I don't call myself a fan of something I think is rigged. You have to ask yourself, if Goodell was involved in a conspiracy in a particular game to cause one team to win, why would he be on that teams sideline?

That's .............stupid.

No I wouldn't care at all. Why would I?