PDA

View Full Version : Romo's int.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 08:59 AM
I have seen a lot of "Romo's a choker" posts on this forum, specifically the "cowboys fans hate their qb" thread, and I'd like to clear some things up.

The media is ripping Romo, as the thread suggested. Schaub was benched, Rivers threw 3 ints in the 4th to lose the game, Eli threw 3 picks, but after Romo's day where he out-dueled Peyton, everyone's talking about Romo because that gets publicity. Us fans have to live with that.

Fans do not hate Romo. Incompetent fans do, but people who were paying attention saw that as Tony's arm went forward, LT Tyron smith was shoved into him, AND he tripped over his Center's ankle, messing up his throwing motion and causing him to underthrow. He was falling when he let go of the ball. The interception, even with Romo's "choker" label, was not his fault.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/YWCXjLS.gif

His left foot was clearly rolled on by LT Tyron Smith as he was throwing. Just on of those crazy things, wasn't a "choke"

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-07-2013, 09:02 AM
It's not his fault Tony decided to throw in the middle of 3 Broncos defenders when Murray was literally standing there with NO ONE around him?

ORRRLLLYYYYYY???????

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-07-2013, 09:02 AM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/romo-interception-against-broncos.gif?w=640

Demarco Murray says, "What the hell Tony???"

Brohemoth
10-07-2013, 09:05 AM
I have seen a lot of "Romo's a choker" posts on this forum, specifically the "cowboys fans hate their qb" thread, and I'd like to clear some things up.

The media is ripping Romo, as the thread suggested. Schaub was benched, Rivers threw 3 ints in the 4th to lose the game, Eli threw 3 picks, but after Romo's day where he out-dueled Peyton, everyone's talking about Romo because that gets publicity. Us fans have to live with that.

Fans do not hate Romo. Incompetent fans do, but people who were paying attention saw that as Tony's arm went forward, LT Tyron smith was shoved into him, AND he tripped over his Center's ankle, messing up his throwing motion and causing him to underthrow. He was falling when he let go of the ball. The interception, even with Romo's "choker" label, was not his fault.

Without the shove and trip, Romo would have still attempted a throw into double coverage instead of recognizing a wide open Murray. Keep believing Jerry's big investment was the right choice.

samparnell
10-07-2013, 09:06 AM
I think the official may have blocked Romo's view of Trevathan. Paterno used to stack his Backers to hide them from the QB. Something similar may have happened accidentally. Tony Romo is a great player. The only way for him to change the perception held by some that he is a choker is to win it all.

Blaming Romo for yesterday's loss is silly. Win as a team and lose as a team. Denver's D is getting ripped as we speak for giving up 48 even though Denver's O turned the ball over twice. Dallas has problems that begin at the top. They are lucky to have Romo.

Gsam
10-07-2013, 09:07 AM
IF romo threw the INT in the 1st quarter and finished with the same stat line the story is the Defense in Dallas. Its because of when he threw the INT that its a story.

Skylan
10-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Not sure if you're aware of this, but this is a Broncos message board. There's no need for a new topic on "Romo's int" on this forum, there's plenty of other places for you to provide your input. I don't care if you like Romo or not, and I'm sure most people here don't either - seeing as how it has nothing to do with our team.

Also, I would argue that Peyton "outdueled" Romo, look at the scoreboard.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 09:08 AM
It's not his fault Tony decided to throw in the middle of 3 Broncos defenders when Murray was literally standing there with NO ONE around him?

ORRRLLLYYYYYY???????

Tony was looking at Esco the entire time, it was a designed play. And, as you can see if Romo didn't underthrow, that very well may have been a completion.

Brohemoth
10-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I think the official may have blocked Romo's view of Trevathan. Paterno used to stack his Backers to hide them from the QB. Something similar may have happened accidentally. Tony Romo is a great player. The only way for him to change the perception held by some that he is a choker is to win it all.

Blaming Romo for yesterday's loss is silly. Win as a team and lose as a team. Denver's D is getting ripped as we speak for giving up 48 even though Denver's O turned the ball over twice. Dallas has problems that begin at the top. They are lucky to have Romo.

Sam you may have the most technical knowledge of football of any fan on this forum, but you have a coach's mentality to a fault. :P

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Great insight.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Tony was looking at Esco the entire time, it was a designed play. And, as you can see if Romo didn't underthrow, that very well may have been a completion.

So you are saying he was staring down one receiver the entire play? We really shouldn't be playing the if game on that either. Doesn't help your argument as to why this wasn't Tony's fault.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 09:15 AM
So you are saying he was staring down one receiver the entire play? We really shouldn't be playing the if game on that either. Doesn't help your argument as to why this wasn't Tony's fault.

I'm saying: he didn't choke. He tripped while he was letting go of the ball. I blame about 4% of this loss on Romo.

I blame the other 96% on the Defense, who couldn't stop anyone.

Brohemoth
10-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm saying: he didn't choke. He tripped while he was letting go of the ball. I blame about 4% of this loss on Romo.

It was essentially 0-0 when Romo took the field on his last drive.

msnikkistar
10-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Romo should be proud of his game play in this game. He was amazing. The INT was unfortunate and at a bad time in the game, but he played lights out.

I'm not putting much stock in the whole foot tripping thing, because I don't really feel it effected the pass or caused the INT. I personally believe Trev made the play. It was not an 'easy' interception for him to catch.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-07-2013, 09:21 AM

I disagree with that.

Tony had full view of Danny before he threw the ball. He even saw Murray in view from the under also. Like the Cowboys fan said, Tony went into full tunnel vision staring down that one receiver.

80stheman
10-07-2013, 09:37 AM
The reason Romo is being criticized for choking is because he has a history of doing so when the game is on the line. Whether you believe the int was his fault or not, it was not the first time in his career that something like that has happened. And it happens to most QBs at one time or another. Manning essentially did the same thing in the playoff loss last year, but it's not a pattern with him. For Romo, it is.

BroncoFanNC
10-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Dallas D couldn't stop anything, but neither could the Broncos. At that point, it was last team to get the ball wins. Guess who had the chance to be the last team? Romo made THE mistake that allowed us to get the ball last.

martz11
10-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Men take blame for losses...Romo admitted it was a bad decision and took the blame. Why can't you take it like a man too? I don't see him making excuses about tripping or falling or whatever else might have affected the throw. He didn't sulk either. That's why I respect Romo.

Bad decision, bad throw at a critical time. He had the ball in his hands on the last drive and threw a game deciding interception. End of story.

Infact blaming everyone but Romo sounds alot like Cutler.

Ehveek03
10-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Who cares !!! Romo still garbage we had a depleted defense !! Cowboys still ain't going nowhere

// / yardo
10-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I love how Cowboy fans LOVE to make excuses for their QB. Look he's a good QB. He'll throw with the best of them but in the heat of battle when it counts the most he's going to fumble or force a throw and get it picked off.

The series before he threw the pick my dad looks at me and said, "We'll make a stop right here." And I told him, "You know what you're right. Goof Troop is due for a mistake."

It's just what he does. You're just acclaimed to it and since he's not going anywhere you're married to him as a Cowboy fan for the next 5-10 years and +100 million (YIKES!). So in your mind you have to create scenarios that justify his mistakes or somehow make excuses for them. Whatever it takes to swallow that pill man. Hey I get it, a lot of us did it with Tebow. But then again our franchise didn't toss a ton of money at him. The experiment didn't go so well and we were still in good position to explore other opportunities.

And by the way your guy didn't out dual anyone. Our guy got the win. The most important stat of them all.

Doogansquest
10-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Tony played a great game. I think "out-dueled Peyton" is a bit of a reach, because it came down to a pretty critical moment. Tony threw a pick, while Manning perfectly milked the clock and set up the win.

That said, Tony Romo played LIGHTS FREAKING OUT!!! 500 yards and 5 TD's? That's the only way to keep pace with this Denver offense. In other words, Tony did his part. The loss wasn't all on him and shouldn't be, but the losing QB of that game was going to get labeled as some sort of choker.

The general public is either too kind or too harsh to QB's. There seems to be no middle ground. Romo had a ridiculous game and deserves to feel good about his team's chances going forward.

He will need some help from his defense, however.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I love how Cowboy fans LOVE to make excuses for their QB. Look he's a good QB. He'll throw with the best of them but in the heat of battle when it counts the most he's going to fumble or force a throw and get it picked off.

The series before he threw the pick my dad looks at me and said, "We'll make a stop right here." And I told him, "You know what you're right. Goof Troop is due for a mistake."

It's just what he does. You're just acclaimed to it and since he's not going anywhere you're married to him as a Cowboy fan for the next 5-10 years and +100 million (YIKES!). So in your mind you have to create scenarios that justify his mistakes or somehow make excuses for them. Whatever it takes to swallow that pill man. Hey I get it, a lot of us did it with Tebow. But then again our franchise didn't toss a ton of money at him. The experiment didn't go so well and we were still in good position to explore other opportunities.

And by the way your guy didn't out dual anyone. Our guy got the win. The most important stat of them all.

I'm not making excuses. I'm stating a fact. When he was letting go of the ball, he was slammed in to by his lineman. The int wasn't his fault. If you watch the replay, he was trying to throw the ball in front of Escobar, where nobody was. But his motion was messed up and it caused him to underthrow.

And the contract is 6 years, 106 million, but he'll probably be here for 3-4 more years. The rest is just fluff to add substance.

Jermz79
10-07-2013, 10:29 AM
That awkward moment when a Cowboys fan shows up on a Broncos message board to back up his QB's epic fail and get's owned!

LULZ!!!

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Tony played a great game. I think "out-dueled Peyton" is a bit of a reach, because it came down to a pretty critical moment. Tony threw a pick, while Manning perfectly milked the clock and set up the win.

That said, Tony Romo played LIGHTS FREAKING OUT!!! 500 yards and 5 TD's? That's the only way to keep pace with this Denver offense. In other words, Tony did his part. The loss wasn't all on him and shouldn't be, but the losing QB of that game was going to get labeled as some sort of choker.

The general public is either too kind or too harsh to QB's. There seems to be no middle ground. Romo had a ridiculous game and deserves to feel good about his team's chances going forward.

He will need some help from his defense, however.

Great post. If the QB, of ANY team, throws for more than 500 yards and 5 scores, then they should be able to afford an int. The loss was because the Defense simply couldn't stop Manning (then again, who can?)

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 10:32 AM
That awkward moment when a Cowboys fan shows up on a Broncos message board to back up his QB's epic fail and get's owned!

LULZ!!!

That awkward moment when Jermz79 doesn't know what "epic fail" and "owned" mean.

southern cross
10-07-2013, 10:33 AM

I do agree with this. Absolutely incredible that he played as well as he did, but still came up short in the end.

I also have respect for Jerry Jones saying good things about Romo after the game, instead of throwing him under the bus. He appeared to be proud of how Tony played. I've got to give him props for that.

Yakka27
10-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Moral victories do not get you into the playoffs.

Nobody is going to remember Romo's 500 yard game when week 13 rolls around and they are in must win games to try and win the division. In today's NFL it's not the defenses job to win football games. All you can ask of your defense is give your offense a chance to win the game.

Tony knows that, I guarantee he'd much rather have the ball at the end of the game down 3 then sitting on the side line while his defense holds a 3 point lead late. Romo had his chance to get his team into FG range and kick one with time expiring. The fact that the score was 48-48 at that point unimportant. It was 0-0. Tony had his chance to be the hero, but he tried to force a throw when he had others open.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Here's the gif http://i.imgur.com/YWCXjLS.gif

Jermz79
10-07-2013, 10:44 AM
That awkward moment when Jermz79 doesn't know what "epic fail" and "owned" mean.

Epic Fail is when your QB throws an INT in the 4th quarter of a Tied game to ultimately lose the game for his team.

Owned is when said poster blames the INT on everything but his cruddy QB (trips, falls, slammed into linemen) and all the other posters show him just how wrong he is.

Starbroncs
10-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Great post. If the QB, of ANY team, throws for more than 500 yards and 5 scores, then they should be able to afford an int. The loss was because the Defense simply couldn't stop Manning (then again, who can?)

unfortunately its all about WHEN he threw that pick. Peyton underthrew a pass earlier in the game resulting in an int, but it wasnt on his final drive of the game. Did he play a spectactular game? yes. Was the loss his fault? no, the defense was failing and 48 points should be enough to win a game especially when your team had only had 1 turnover up till that point.

That being said did he choke at the end? Unfortunately yes, although with the way he played he shouldnt have been in that situation in the first place.

Doogansquest
10-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Moral victories do not get you into the playoffs.

Nobody is going to remember Romo's 500 yard game when week 13 rolls around and they are in must win games to try and win the division. In today's NFL it's not the defenses job to win football games. All you can ask of your defense is give your offense a chance to win the game.

Tony knows that, I guarantee he'd much rather have the ball at the end of the game down 3 then sitting on the side line while his defense holds a 3 point lead late. Romo had his chance to get his team into FG range and kick one with time expiring. The fact that the score was 48-48 at that point unimportant. It was 0-0. Tony had his chance to be the hero, but he tried to force a throw when he had others open.

People will remember it because it was a ridiculous performance. Granted, it was in a losing effort, but that's just going to be the case when playing against these Broncos. Players and teams are going to have career performances only to come up short, and that will become the story of the season.

Romo played perhaps the best game of a QB in Cowboys history. Yes, he made a mistake at the end, but what more could he do? To that point in the game, he had 506 yards and 5 TD's without a blemish. The Cowboys SHOULD have been up by 30 on any team. Manning matched him, however, and forced Romo to come up with one more play. If it weren't Peyton Manning on the other team, Romo would never have been in that position.

I'm not saying Romo doesn't have a history of dropping the ball - because he does. There's really no more you can ask of a QB than what Romo did to give his team a chance against the best team in football. If Romo doesn't throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's, the Cowboys get blown out.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Epic Fail is when your QB throws an INT in the 4th quarter of a Tied game to ultimately lose the game for his team.

Owned is when said poster blames the INT on everything but his cruddy QB (trips, falls, slammed into linemen) and all the other posters show him just how wrong he is.

lol. If you think Romo is a cruddy QB, you need to watch more football.

Oh, and who's proving me wrong? I posted evidence that he tripped, which messed up his throwing motion. Where's your evidence to prove otherwise?

Legendary30
10-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Here's the gif http://i.imgur.com/YWCXjLS.gif

What were you hoping to accomplish with this? He felt a slight breeze and forced the throw.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
What were you hoping to accomplish with this? He felt a slight breeze and forced the throw.

He's falling. He had to stick his arm out to catch himself. If you guys don't see that then you need your eyes checked.

Legendary30
10-07-2013, 10:58 AM
He's falling. He had to stick his arm out to catch himself. If you guys don't see that then you need your eyes checked.

Okay, so maybe he "got tripped".....but he then started his throwing motion, which he shouldn't have. It's just as bad as throwing off your back foot.

Jermz79
10-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Okay, so maybe he "got tripped".....but he then started his throwing motion, which he shouldn't have. It's just as bad as throwing off your back foot.

Exactly, Thank you ... oooooh I tripped .. here let me throw this ball into triple coverage when I know I will not have the velocity I need to complete the pass.

Yes ... very Romoesque of him to do so!

Senses Fail
10-07-2013, 11:03 AM
The interception is every bit of Romo's fault. He had an amazing game not going to take that away from him. He had a check down and threw into triple coverage. Being tripped or bumped into is just another factor all QBs have to deal with. Making excuses is not going to change the fact he threw a game losing interception.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM

Look closer.

His arm is forward and the ball was coming out when he was tripped - nothing he could do after that.

Justblaze2729
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not making excuses. I'm stating a fact. When he was letting go of the ball, he was slammed in to by his lineman. The int wasn't his fault. If you watch the replay, he was trying to throw the ball in front of Escobar, where nobody was. But his motion was messed up and it caused him to underthrow.

No reason to throw into coverage to a rookie nonetheless when Murray was chilling to the left wide open .. Romo becomes a mental midget during crunch time .

Brohemoth
10-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Look closer.

His arm is forward and the ball was coming out when he was tripped - nothing he could do after that.

:laugh: Anyone remember Neckbeard when he was a poster here? He followed Orton to Dallas and fell in love with Romo, I see.

Doogansquest
10-07-2013, 11:09 AM

I don't like Romo and I can see what he's showing us in that video. Romo never got to plant his left leg for the throw, because it gets hooked on his lineman. Then a hand flies into the throwing motion of his right arm and he can't follow through.

The result? A ball with not quite enough mustard than Danny Travathan had time to make a play on. If Romo steps into that pass cleanly, it makes it to it's target, and today is perhaps completely different for both teams.

Skylan
10-07-2013, 11:09 AM
lol. If you think Romo is a cruddy QB, you need to watch more football.

Oh, and who's proving me wrong? I posted evidence that he tripped, which messed up his throwing motion. Where's your evidence to prove otherwise?

Romo is a good QB, not clutch, but good. Shoulda coulda woulda, you lost, now go troll the message board of your next opponent.

Legendary30
10-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I don't like Romo and I can see what he's showing us in that video. Romo never got to plant his left leg for the throw, because it gets hooked on his lineman. Then a hand flies into the throwing motion of his right arm and he can't follow through.

The result? A ball with not quite enough mustard than Danny Travathan had time to make a play on. If Romo steps into that pass cleanly, it makes it to it's target, and today is perhaps completely different for both teams.

I know it's a split second thing, but watch it again. He gets his foot stubbed, THEN starts his throwing motion. That's on him. He could have collected his feet or tucked and ran.

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 11:15 AM

^^THIS!

That's all I wanted to say, but a message said my post had to be longer than 10 characters. So ^^THIS!

Doogansquest
10-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I know it's a split second thing, but watch it again. He gets his foot stubbed, THEN starts his throwing motion. That's on him. He could have collected his feet or tucked and ran.

He could have collected his feet and then gotten sacked. Two Denver D-linemen were right on him.

It's a two-way street there. Romo had to make a play, because Denver was barreling down on him. Due to the pressure of a collapsing line, he couldn't make a clean throw.

What it is not, is a case of Romo choking. That's the scapegoat. That's like looking off of the wrong kid's paper in class instead of studying like you were supposed to. (i.e. Going with the flow of conventional wisdom.)

TeamCowboys
10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
What it is not, is a case of Romo choking. That's the scapegoat. That's like looking off of the wrong kid's paper in class instead of studying like you were supposed to. (i.e. Going with the flow of conventional wisdom.)

That's my point, sir! :salute:

// / yardo
10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Not sure if you realize it but his mistake was not in the throw but making the wrong read and forcing it into coverage. If he reads coverage correctly he's got an open man. Romo stared down his receiver. Took too long to make the throw and gave Trevathan the opportunity to make up space and jump the route. That's all on Romo.

EddieMac
10-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Not sure if you realize it but his mistake was not in the throw but making the wrong read and forcing it into coverage. If he reads coverage correctly he's got an open man. Romo stared down his receiver. Took too long to make the throw and gave Trevathan the opportunity to make up space and jump the route. That's all on Romo.

This. His RB was sitting wide open right in front of him. Romo went for the longer throw on a covered player. The pick is on him.

#87Birdman
10-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Romo played a great game and he had to play perfect he made on mistake which shouldn't matter but the defense blew and Romo had to be perfect. He made a costly error in the person he elected to throw the ball to.

I should also add Danny t made a great play on top of that bad decision

BroncoFanBoy
10-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I have no idea why Romo gets his criticized a lot. He may play QB for one of the media's favorite NFL teams, but they need to pay attention.

Romo is not a bad QB. If he became available in FA, a lot of teams would go after him.

I gotta give credit when due, he played very well against us.

Joshecalpoly
10-07-2013, 11:32 AM

His left foot was clearly rolled on by LT Tyron Smith as he was throwing. Just on of those crazy things, wasn't a "choke"

They call this field awareness its an offensive players job to be aware of whats around them Romo should have been aware that his LT was losing his battle and slided over, and the LT should have known he was being pushed into the QB and avoided making contact. Lack of field awareness is what causes most INT's and thats why its the same as any other

That said Romo is one of the biggest heroes in the 4th Q over the last 3 years (in fact he has been the biggest though Manning was out for a year) but hes also a cause of a lot of heartache.

Nuts4koi
10-07-2013, 11:44 AM

This. If he didn't throw it short, it's entirely possible Trevathan could have gotten a pick 6 out of it rather than having to go to the ground.

dizzolve
10-07-2013, 12:10 PM

Romo came out ready to compete and really try and win this game

I give all of Dallas props for a game to remember!

Jerry Jones claims that was Romo's best performance in a Dallas uniform
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Jerry_Jones_Best_Ive_Ever_Seen_Romo_Play/445cccad-1d7f-4c4e-b343-b74b27c427aa

Jason Garrett - this guy is class act. I bet his players love playing for him and I hope Garrett doesn't become a victim of the way the biz is nowadays. This season is pretty much set up for Dallas to win their division - good luck with that.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Jason_Garrett_Postgame_Press_Conference/70578c2d-d343-4b0e-824e-0cbed8ea533f

Great Game Dallas - This was a game for us all to remember.

80stheman
10-07-2013, 12:35 PM

^^^This. If he had thrown to the wide open RB there would not have been a pick and who knows what may have happened after that.

Rich_C
10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Great insight.

While I agree. Overall the issue is when not THAT Romo through the INT. The fact of the matter is Romo chose to release the ball when his foot was on uneven ground and he was tied up. A quick adjustment and a lob to Murray right before the release likely would have made this game end VERY differently.

These types of decisions and play calls are precisely why you don't hear Romo's name mentioned in the same sentences as Peyton, Brees, Brady & Rogers. They all make quick adjustments to fix the play and protect the ball.

Broncozoidical
10-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Actually ... it was my fault ... I was wishing for an interception. Don't expect an apology. :goz:

Broncozoidical
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
^^^This. If he had thrown to the wide open RB there would not have been a pick and who knows what may have happened after that.

Probably a fumble ... Denver's win was meant to be! :peace:

KoolBreeze
10-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Anybody blaming that loss on Romo is out of their mind. He threw for 506 yards and put up 48 points. What more can you ask for out of the QB and offense? Yeah, he threw the INT that ended Dallas' chances at winning the game, but that was just an awesome play by Trevathon. The fans in Dallas should hold their heads up high, when it comes to their offense, this morning and be proud of their QB for his performance. Dallas could do a lot worse than Romo. You can lay yesterday's loss at the feet of the Dallas defense, just as I would do had it Manning that threw that pick and Denver that lost. It was an awesome game and could have easily went the other way.

#24 Next Champ
10-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Tony Romo was the only reason they had any chance in that game and Dallas fans and the team should feel awesome about how far they pushed us (even tho a bit of it is an illusion because we literally had our 4 most important players on D not playing) but they did do their damn best to capitlize on it

However, that throw was a bad decision but in all reality, they needed a play there...if he takes a sack it's over and it's easy to critique n say he should've hit Murray when you're not in the fire....but it's tough to be absolutely perfect...and that's what he needed to be in order for them to win, Tony was awesome that game and honestly, that pick was a great play by a great young LB in Danny Trevathan who I've loved since day one...

Romo had an amazing game, anyone blaming him for the loss is short sighted and likely has never played football or truly understands the game

sstoner
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
We could have lost this game...

If the Dallas D could have stopped one drive or forced a field goal vs a touchdown, Denver could have been looking at 4-1 vs 5-0.

Luckily the Dallas D was not as good as Romo.

Manning also threw up an interception, however, it didnt come at as crucial of a moment but was costly none the less.

I wouldnt put Romo in the Manning category, but I think hes in the top ten. Romo made bad call, if he had checked it down to Demarco we may not be having this conversation.

PManningTKO
10-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Romo is a top 10 QB in my honest opinion. He has all the tools and puts up great numbers every year. It's easy to call him a choker, but this is not one of those times. He put up 5 TD's!! That D was pathetic. Just like ours.

brianmcfarlane
10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Before that drive started for the Cowboys I said to my buddy that it was time for a turnover by ... Romo, glad he came through, I was a little worried. Romo is better than probably 25? other starting QB's in the NFL, he played a great game yesterday but the Cowboys team did not quite play as well and end up relying on Romo to win it at the end. Still with the score 35-20 in the middle of the 3rd, Romo and the Cowboy's offense didn't give up and brought it to a tie with seconds on the clock.

Neither QB was "out dueled", both had great games, Peyton did have 5 TD's himself and almost 500 yards, Peyton was just a little more efficient than Romo was because he got 3 more points even though he had less yards. :P

SammyWinder
10-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Yeah it wasn't his fault when he botched the placement of that kick that could have won them the playoff game.

Nor was it his fault when he over threw T.O in that playoff game that could have sent them further as well. "That's my Quarterback!". ROFL

Not his fault when he got outplayed by a Rookie last year in Washinton in a game that could have sent them to the Playoffs.

It's never Romo's fault, I blame Jessica!

ROFL

PManningTKO
10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Where do you all rank Romo?

Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers are usually considered the 1st tier
Flacco, Ryan, Eli, Ben are usually considered 2nd tier (Mainly because 3 of them have rings)
Luck, Wilson, Rivers, and Romo the 3rd tier?

Broncos-TX
10-07-2013, 03:49 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/romo-interception-against-broncos.gif?w=640

"

Looks like Murray could of screened Trevathan from Romo making his break back following Escobar, thinking Trevathan would sit in zone. Not a gimme INT at all, just a great catch!!

And #64 Waters hilarious.

LegionOfVonDoom
10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Even Jason Garret says Tony should have checked down on that play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258653/article/jason-garrett-romo-should-have-checked-ball-down?campaign=Twitter_atl

I like how his owner always gives him a pass on failing, hard to admit a 100 million dollar fail.

#24 Next Champ
10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah it wasn't his fault when he botched the placement of that kick that could have won them the playoff game.

Nor was it his fault when he over threw T.O in that playoff game that could have sent them further as well. "That's my Quarterback!". ROFL

Not his fault when he got outplayed by a Rookie last year in Washinton in a game that could have sent them to the Playoffs.

It's never Romo's fault, I blame Jessica!

ROFL

Are you actually rolling on the floor laughing?

I'm not saying anything about his previous struggles, I'm talking strictly about this game in my post ftr

And I apologize to Cowboys fans on behalf of Broncos fans for this quoted post...I assure you I speak for many

ERoyal248
10-07-2013, 04:15 PM
He probably should of checked it down, but 500+ yards, and. 5 TD's, yet amazingly he gets the blame.

Was happy and sad when he threw that, I'm a big Romo fan, felt bad for him.

Played the game of his life, yet people somehow blame him because of one throw.

ERoyal248
10-07-2013, 04:19 PM

Flacco, Ryan, Eli, Ben are usually considered 2nd tier (Mainly because 3 of them have rings)

I'd put him in the second tier.

dizzolve
10-07-2013, 04:43 PM
I see both sides of the argument.

There is no more important football situations than the ones that are defined as 'clutch situations' These were the situations that set John Elway apart from some of his peers. Elway's basic statline isn't going to dazzle you but if lived the Elways years, you know how good he was when it counted.

When you lose confidence in the 'clutch factor' of a player - it's going to be hard to acknowledge the things they did right in a particular game. Romo's performance was special though. He accepted the challenge this week and and he was lights out the entire game. Even the interception was a combination of a spectacular interception and the fact that Romo got tripped up at the last minisecond of that pass.

Peeps don't want to see that - it's on them. It takes 200% to RE-establish trust in 'clutch situations' than it is to just establish trust in the first place. I think the 'haters' just saw that last pick as more of the same

In a way Orton was known for this. He'd have decent stats but his 'clutch situations' were always near .000

Romo's escapability in that game was to behold. It reminded me of watching Elway or even Tebow. As well as Romo played we should be happy we got 3 or 4 sacks that game.

Bottom line is this - Romo alone kept his team in that game up to that point. If Orton was in there what do you think that Dallas offense would have looked like?

Doogansquest
10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I feel bad for Dallas fans that have the good grace to show up here and put up with this nonsense. Most of it is unintelligent trash talk; the same drivel they would speak out against at all costs.

That said, Romo is the only reason Dallas was in that game. It's not like both defenses pitched shutouts and it came down to scratching and clawing for every last yard. Denver was going to do what they do, and it was going to take something special to keep up with them.

What gets me is how Denver fans don't want to celebrate their team getting the W (and gripe instead about the pass defense), but take plenty of joy in trash-talking the interception of an opposing QB that wasn't entirely on him. If the spent less time talking, they would remember that they breath through the same hole.

Chillez
10-07-2013, 05:27 PM
On the game, Romo made some amazing plays, if it wasn't for him, they would NOT have been in the game. Truth. Romo INT came at worst possible time up to that point, he played easily best game as an pro, heck even I think he even out played Peyton by a little which is insane for pace Peyton is currently on. Amazing game for the record one of the best, I've seen in long time. This game kinda reminded me of MNF game classic duel between Joe Montana Chiefs against John Elway Broncos it was shootout that who had ball last won.

OPP
10-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Since nobody mentioned it, I want to congrats Adrian Robinson who pushed Tyron Smith in Tony Romo and made him lose his foot

OPP
10-07-2013, 06:15 PM

He is a top15...

Obviously what a team want is a winning qb (not a stats qb)... Eli and Flacco don't have good stats but they are incredibly clutch and they are playing at another level when they are on the playoffs or in the Super Bowl... Every team want a proved qb who play great in the playoffs and can win a Super Bowl...

IMO:

Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers, Flacco, Eli, Luck, Wilson are without a doubt better qb than Romo, after you can argue that Ryan, Rivers maybe Stafford and RG3 are better qb than Romo... So he is approximatively the 12th or 13th best qb in the league?

bahn
10-07-2013, 06:36 PM
If I'm in charge of the cowboys, I would start Romo, get the lead then pull him out in the last 2 minutes. Put in Orton to manage the game

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-07-2013, 08:11 PM
If I'm in charge of the cowboys, I would start Romo, get the lead then pull him out in the last 2 minutes. Put in Orton to manage the game

You don't replace choker with choker lite.

Same taste, just lower the salary.

Bronco51
10-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Well.....Cowboy/Romo fan, I heard a stat that puts it into perspective. Romo, with 4 minutes or less, with the game tied or within a score in the 4th quarter has 8 int's in his career. Manning in all his years has 0. Romo earns the choker label. Anyone who watches the Cowboys and was surprised that that happened is delusional. Everyone in the stadium was waiting for it. And it happened.

JakeNbake
10-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Romo played great. If their Defense ever even thought about forcing us to punt they would have won.

You don't blame that game on Romo he had a field day against our injured Secondary.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-08-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't blame the entire loss on Romo but I sure as hell blame that INT on him.

bronx_2003
10-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread but I saw the reply of that Int from Romo's angle and I don't think he did much wrong.

It was good pressure and he had that receiver coming across the formation. I think Tre just made a good play.

The ONE negative, and its picky, is that he could of thrown it out in front of him more, but Romo was the only reason they were still in that game and came back from the 15 point 2nd half deficit.

JakeNbake
10-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread but I saw the reply of that Int from Romo's angle and I don't think he did much wrong.

It was good pressure and he had that receiver coming across the formation. I think Tre just made a good play.

The ONE negative, and its picky, is that he could of thrown it out in front of him more, but Romo was the only reason they were still in that game and came back from the 15 point 2nd half deficit.

He could have maybe but the pocket was collapsing around him and he caught his lead foot on his LT because of pressure from our 3 man rush.

The fact that it was a 3 man rush makes me laugh uncontrollably because we got almost no pressure all game and then a 3 man rush pretty much forces an INT.

samparnell
10-10-2013, 08:36 AM
I disagree with that.

Tony had full view of Danny before he threw the ball. He even saw Murray in view from the under also. Like the Cowboys fan said, Tony went into full tunnel vision staring down that one receiver.

Please note the usage of the subjunctive mood. Everyone on a football field sees things from a different perspective. Whether or not your usage of the indicative mood is sustainable can only be confirmed by a Romo helmet cam.

dizzolve
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9796309

FL BRONCO
10-10-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm not gonna read the whole thread. I thought Romo played an awesome game. I don't eve like Romo as a player either. But he was making some great throws with pin point accuracy at times and he really impressed me the whole game, until that play. IMO tied, with the time running down deep in your own end, you can't make that throw. I think he should've seen the open reciever underneath but it is irrelevant any way. No matter what He should not have thrown to that reciever with 3 of our defenders around him. Bad idea and he paid. I think he got caught up in his own success in this game and tried to force a throw in his own end that he should never have. He should have thrown it away if he didn't see the guy underneath and lived to see another play. Shame for him cause he played a great game but again with everything on the line he made a clutch mistake at that is what people will talk about I'm guessing. I was still very impressed though, He played one heck of a game imo

Elways_Ghost
10-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Scoreboard...game over. No supposition necessary.

johnlimburg
10-11-2013, 11:11 PM

Please. It isn't just Cowboys fans. You were around here when Tim Tebow was our Quarterback right ? No Denver Broncos fan after that can ever tease another fan base for being delusional about their quarterback. I would say the Denver Bronco fan base takes the cake for the most delusional they have been about their quarterback in recent history.

Looking at angles I don't think that is the case. However I think Murray who is standing there did block Trevethan from Romo's vision. You can see where Murray stops his route and it is right in line where Romo is looking and Trevethan is standing. Then Romo pulls the trigger and the intercept happens.

Anyone who thinks Tony Romo isn't a good quarterback is clueless. He is very talented and blaming him for that loss against the Denver Broncos is wrong. He led his team to how many points ? That's right, 48. It reminds me of when everyone was blaming Aaron Rodgers for that loss in the playoffs years ago when he had put up 40 + points.

The bottom line is Tony Romo is a top 10 quarterback no doubt and if I were a Cowboys fan I would be very happy to have him for the distant future. There are going to be no guys available who are going to be better then Romo and as Denver Bronco fans we need to remember we are so lucky to have lucked out on getting Manning. Because soon he will be gone and we will probably be in a worse situation then Dallas with Romo. Like before Manning when we had that street free agent bust Tebow and the backup chocker Orton.

ERoyal248
10-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Without reading the whole thread, not on him at all.

He played pretty damn well, minus that one play. Manning threw a pick but not in the same situation.

They forced us to punt zero times that game.

One forced punt or one of our touchdowns as a FG wins them the game.

As for replacing him, someone tell me who they could get that's an upgrade, I'll sit here and wait all year because there isn't an upgrade. Romo is a very good QB.

Probably in the 5-10 range after PM, Brees, Rodgers and Brady.

He's had awful lines, zero run game, so so defenses most of his career.

The hate he gets is ridiculous, certainly not the best throw but if you put up 48 points that's a win every single time.

80stheman
10-12-2013, 12:10 PM
The hate he gets is ridiculous, certainly not the best throw but if you put up 48 points that's a win every single time.

Well, not EVERY single time. :D