PDA

View Full Version : reporting

daBIGDog
11-30-2004, 12:39 AM
This is probly a real dumb question but how do I report a thread or user if I fell they need to be watched? On other boards there is a button after every post next to the "quote" button on our board. There have been a few users that have gotten real close to violating the COC and was just wonderinhg.

Alastor
11-30-2004, 04:07 AM
There's a triangle with a red outline and an exclamation mark at the top right of each post. I believe that's what you need to hit.

Alastor.

Bronx84
11-30-2004, 06:06 AM
uo on the orange bar

Lynch Bailey247
11-30-2004, 06:44 PM
pretty gay to report someone anyway....

Alastor
12-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Wait, LB... you're the one complaining and nearly leaving the board, but you think reporting someone is "gay"?

That makes no sense. Besides, the board creators gave this space to us to use. The least we can do is make their lives easier by not letting issues come down to who can call each other names and such the most often.

We owe it to them to let them handle it. This is their space, and while we are what makes the board up, they have to deal with the fall-out. It's much easier and better for everyone if rather than degrading into a childish community we let the mods sort it out.

Besides, if you see an offense and report it rather than retaliate, it doesn't have as much of a chance to become personal and bitter.

Do the mods a favor and report stuff. Or at least don't knock those that are kind enough to help the mods out by doing so.

Just my opinion mind you. But one I've come to from being a mod before and from running message boards before.

Alastor.

DenBroncos#1Fan
12-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Wait, LB... you're the one complaining and nearly leaving the board, but you think reporting someone is "gay"?

That makes no sense. Besides, the board creators gave this space to us to use. The least we can do is make their lives easier by not letting issues come down to who can call each other names and such the most often.

We owe it to them to let them handle it. This is their space, and while we are what makes the board up, they have to deal with the fall-out. It's much easier and better for everyone if rather than degrading into a childish community we let the mods sort it out.

Besides, if you see an offense and report it rather than retaliate, it doesn't have as much of a chance to become personal and bitter.

Do the mods a favor and report stuff. Or at least don't knock those that are kind enough to help the mods out by doing so.

Just my opinion mind you. But one I've come to from being a mod before and from running message boards before.

Alastor.
Amen... :cool:

daBIGDog
12-02-2004, 12:07 AM
pretty gay to report someone anyway....

How you figure this?? The mods have posted on numerous posts that they can't be everywere at once and have other things to do besides read every post on every thread. I am jsut asking the ? casue like I said I have noticed some people really pushing the COCF and nothing seems to happen. If this continues than the quality of the board goes down and we end up with a forum that nobody wants to go to......you get the picture??

Alastor......thanks for the info and the backing.

orangenblue420
12-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Well I usually dont report unless it is something totally off the wall - like this one dude :cough: clannzu/pixels/etc :cough: tried sending some of us a virus via AIM and although not on this board I did report him for fear of him attaching some kind of link in the board to the virus - my reasons for not reporting are due to the fact that I have just a slight tendency to cross the line at times myself, :heh: and dont wanna be a hypocrite - I only report something I wouldnt even do myself - but if some loser charger/raider fan is calling me names - im a big girl I can take it :D and give it back ten fold ;)