PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow To The Browns?

ELWAY421
10-15-2013, 02:29 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQqQIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clevelandleader.com%2Fnode%2F 21695&ei=KrNdUqGvFYXd4AOJr4CgBw&usg=AFQjCNEdvEBfbRT2aZk7t-yh3WeCNgJrEw&bvm=bv.53899372,d.dmg

This is interesting. Can't get worse than the way Brandon Weeden played late against the Lions.

BroncoFanBoy
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
They should've gone after Flynn. I guess they might as well sign Tebow. They could use the depth. At least McGahee is there and they played together in the past.

Charlie Brown
10-15-2013, 03:02 PM
If they wanted to tank the season with a crappy QB, they could just sign Cribbs to play QB. I've had to deal with armchair QB's that claimed that Tebow is/was better than Weeden. If they sign him, hello Bridgewater. Because even Jacksonville would beat Cleveland with Tebow at QB.

Weeden will look like Brady with his play compared to Tebow.

BroncoFanBoy
10-15-2013, 03:04 PM
If they wanted to tank the season with a crappy QB, they could just sign Cribbs to play QB. I've had to deal with armchair QB's that claimed that Tebow is/was better than Weeden. If they sign him, hello Bridgewater. Because even Jacksonville would beat Cleveland with Tebow at QB.

I doubt Tebow would beat Weeden out. He'd probably just be there for depth. Cleveland could use it since Hoyer tore his ACL.

Charlie Brown
10-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I doubt Tebow would beat Weeden out. He'd probably just be there for depth. Cleveland could use it since Hoyer tore his ACL.

Who is the most popular QB in Cleveland? The backup. Who will they be calling for after an incompletion or interception? Right now they are calling for Jason Campbell, who was passed over by Hoyer due to his nonchalant attitude earlier this year. Tebow is a horrible player and doesn't play at an NFL level. As bad as Weeden has been, he is twice as accurate as Tebow and actually can run an NFL offense, which cannot be said for Tebow.

ELWAY421
10-15-2013, 03:19 PM

Weeden will look like Brady with his play compared to Tebow.
I think the Jets just signed Cribbs.

BroncoFanBoy
10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Who is the most popular QB in Cleveland? The backup. Who will they be calling for after an incompletion or interception? Right now they are calling for Jason Campbell, who was passed over by Hoyer due to his nonchalant attitude earlier this year. Tebow is a horrible player and doesn't play at an NFL level. As bad as Weeden has been, he is twice as accurate as Tebow and actually can run an NFL offense, which cannot be said for Tebow.

I'm not gonna defend Tebow, cause he is terrible at this point, but their only 2 QB's on the roster are Weeden and Campbell. I'm just saying they could use a third stringer in case Weeden and Campbell both got hurt. I wouldn't start him over either of those two. Who else is out there? Not many.

ELWAY421
10-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm not gonna defend Tebow, cause he is terrible at this point, but their only 2 QB's on the roster are Weeden and Campbell. I'm just saying they could use a third stringer in case Weeden and Campbell both got hurt. I wouldn't start him over either of those two. Who else is out there? Not many.

I think he would end up being the second stringer. Tim Tebow is not a pocket passer. If you had a team that was willing to change their whole offense the way Denver did for him & run the read option then he could be successful but never take a team to the super bowl. I just don't see Norv Turner & the Browns changing their offense around for him if he was to play.

BroncoFanBoy
10-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I think he would end up being the second stringer. Tim Tebow is not a pocket passer. If you had a team that was willing to change their whole offense the way Denver did for him & run the read option then he could be successful but never take a team to the super bowl. I just don't see Norv Turner & the Browns changing their offense around for him if he was to play.

I think if they were still in contention and Tebow ended up playing with Weeden and Campbell going down, they would possibly.

ELWAY421
10-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I think if they were still in contention and Tebow ended up playing with Weeden and Campbell going down, they would possibly.

Maybe, they would certainly be able run the ball in that offense.

ELWAY421
10-15-2013, 03:49 PM
But you know what if they sign him good for Tim.

Bernie24
10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure how you can say that when Weeden has been an absolute failure and nothing else in the NFL. Tebow has at least won games and shown if you use gimmicks, have a decent defense, and can run the ball you have a chance at winning.

I'd take Tebow over Weeden every day of the week.

roushmartin6
10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Its really too bad that Hoyer went down, he looked like he was going to make the Brown's respectable this year

ELWAY421
10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Its really too bad that Hoyer went down, he looked like he was going to make the Brown's respectable this year

Your right they found a diamond in the rough with Hoyer. They will be drafting a QB though no doubt.

fallforward3y+
10-15-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure how you can say that when Weeden has been an absolute failure and nothing else in the NFL. Tebow has at least won games and shown if you use gimmicks, have a decent defense, and can run the ball you have a chance at winning.

I'd take Tebow over Weeden every day of the week.

People do often downplay the significance of a QB's running ability. Judging Tebow like you would a pocket QB is foolish because he isn't one, and his running ability does help an offense. Tebow-McGahee could make a good running duo for sure, he still has the GW drive ability, and Cleveland's defense is better than Denver's was in 2011. Tebow does have big play ability so hitting some big plays to Gordon and Cameron once or twice a game. They may be able to put together a good season with Tebow at the helm, no one can deny that it possibly can work since it's been done.

That being said, could work doesn't always mean will. The problem with that style of play is that the execution needs to be near perfect. Denver won when the execution was great, but once Tebow started turning it over we saw how bad they were. If we see a turnover machine out of Tebow, it will be a disaster.

Signing him as a back up couldn't hurt though, if they get desperate they may as well try it out. The problem is that Tebow isn't like Vick who was a mediocre passer, he is the worst passing QB in the league so it's basically throwing any shot at being a good passing team. You can win a different way with him though, and it's not despite him since he contributes to it.

Spice 1
10-16-2013, 06:03 AM

That's all good and great, but I don't remember ever seeing Tebow hand the ball straight to the defense at the end of a game like Weeden just did. I would rather have a quarterback who relies primarily on running with the football and not committing turnovers, than a turd like Weeden who can't beat a blitz with his arm or his legs and does turn the ball over. It doesn't matter how well Cleveland's defense plays, because they know Weeden's just going to go out there and either turn it over or take a sack every possession.

Jason Campbell would even be better at this point, because he can avoid sacks with his legs as well. Weeden either can't see blitzes coming or can't go through his progressions. If you can't run, and you don't throw the ball. Guess what, you can't have success as an NFL quarterback. And how much more accurate than Tebow is he, really? When he can't hit a wide open receiver in the endzone from twenty yards away?

Charlie Brown
10-16-2013, 06:35 AM
That's all good and great, but I don't remember ever seeing Tebow hand the ball straight to the defense at the end of a game like Weeden just did. I would rather have a quarterback who relies primarily on running with the football and not committing turnovers, than a turd like Weeden who can't beat a blitz with his arm or his legs and does turn the ball over. It doesn't matter how well Cleveland's defense plays, because they know Weeden's just going to go out there and either turn it over or take a sack every possession.

Jason Campbell would even be better at this point, because he can avoid sacks with his legs as well. Weeden either can't see blitzes coming or can't go through his progressions. If you can't run, and you don't throw the ball. Guess what, you can't have success as an NFL quarterback. And how much more accurate than Tebow is he, really? When he can't hit a wide open receiver in the endzone from twenty yards away?

At a minimum, Weeden's 20% more accurate. Tebow makes 30% of his passes or worse. Weeden makes just over 50% of his passes. Tebow can run and that's it. He can't read defenses and he has zero accuracy in his passes. Cribbs would be better as a QB than Tebow. Cribbs had thrown the ball and played QB in college and the NFL (trick plays) Tebow had one year in Denver where they made the playoffs despite his play. A season after which, Denver dumped him as you would a bag of trash.

Tebow has numerous games in which he threw passes that were caught in the single digits (1-9 receptions) in 20 or more attempts.

Charlie Brown
10-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Also, Lombardi is on record as being critical of Tebow and stated that Tebow is not in his plans. Sometimes, planes make layovers in Cleveland. So - there's your "Chimmy Chebow" rumor.

johntbronco
10-16-2013, 07:44 AM
So let me get this straight. Everyone thinks Tebow has a job with Cleveland because he showed up in a Cleveland airport?? really?

Charlie Brown
10-16-2013, 07:59 AM
So let me get this straight. Everyone thinks Tebow has a job with Cleveland because he showed up in a Cleveland airport?? really?

Exactly. As I said above, Cleveland is a popular layover. I'm positive that's what it was.

Houshmazode
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
This you Charlie?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834578/cleveland-browns-fan-offers-brandon-weeden-job-craigslist

Charlie Brown
10-16-2013, 12:15 PM
This you Charlie?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834578/cleveland-browns-fan-offers-brandon-weeden-job-craigslist

No ... I don't think getting more quarterbacks will make the team stick with a quarterback. I'm for the opposite.

HUMCALC
10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
At a minimum, Weeden's 20% more accurate. Tebow makes 30% of his passes or worse. Weeden makes just over 50% of his passes. Tebow can run and that's it. He can't read defenses and he has zero accuracy in his passes. Cribbs would be better as a QB than Tebow. Cribbs had thrown the ball and played QB in college and the NFL (trick plays) Tebow had one year in Denver where they made the playoffs despite his play. A season after which, Denver dumped him as you would a bag of trash.

Tebow has numerous games in which he threw passes that were caught in the single digits (1-9 receptions) in 20 or more attempts.

If you look at career stats, Weeden is 10% more accurate. However the FO did say that they wanted a mobile, athletic QB

Charlie Brown
10-16-2013, 01:14 PM
If you look at career stats, Weeden is 10% more accurate. However the FO did say that they wanted a mobile, athletic QB

Well, the Browns aren't signing him ...

I haven't seen anywhere where the team says they want a "mobile" QB.

-Rod-
10-16-2013, 03:49 PM
With Tebow's mental deficiencies, it does not even make sense to sign him during the season and ask him to devour a playbook. The game must be simplified for his brain even when he has time to study the system during the offseason. His career is probably over.