PDA

View Full Version : Best Stadium Food Options

SoCalFan82
11-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Going to be flying in to attend my first Broncos home game and would like to know the best places to get food in the stadium. Any suggestions? Also, is there anything in particular that is a unique "must have" food item when attending a game at Mile High? :helmet:

JWinn
11-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Honestly, the BEST option is to eat somewhere else before you go into the stadium. it's all just the typical stadium food. Hot dogs, nachos, pizza, etc. Even on the club level, probably the best thing is the BBQ beef, because you can get it with TD sauce, lol.

They can TELL YOU it's a super premium hot dog, and charge 6 bucks for it, but it's still just a hot dog.

:logo:

SoCalFan82
11-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Honestly, the BEST option is to eat somewhere else before you go into the stadium. it's all just the typical stadium food. Hot dogs, nachos, pizza, etc. Even on the club level, probably the best thing is the BBQ beef, because you can get it with TD sauce, lol.

They can TELL YOU it's a super premium hot dog, and charge 6 bucks for it, but it's still just a hot dog.

In that case, can you recommend anything outside the stadium? I'll be staying at the Marriott City Center hotel, so anything around there would be great.

Frenchy180
11-10-2013, 06:55 PM
If you insist upon eating at the stadium... There's a place that sells Tortas, that are pretty awesome little mexican sandwiches on the first level... There's also a place you can get a pretty good rice bowls on the 5th level I believe...

JWinn
11-11-2013, 02:05 AM
If you insist upon eating at the stadium... There's a place that sells Tortas, that are pretty awesome little mexican sandwiches on the first level... There's also a place you can get a pretty good rice bowls on the 5th level I believe...

Never heard of those. The rice bowls pretty good? I'd like to try those maybe next week. Got a good idea where that is up there?

Maybe I should come up and meet you first. Find this rice bowl place, and then head back down.

It's probably ALL the way around the long way to get there too. Everything is always the long way, lol.

PM me your seat location, and we will figure something out.

Guess I should try to expend my eating choices a bit, and go find what's available on the other levels once in a while. At least once a year to see what's all new.

Gotta be something better than a super premium hot dog out there somewhere.

CoryWinget81
11-11-2013, 07:27 AM
I like the huge chicken nachos. Saved my life a couple of times when I was still basically drunk Sunday afternoon from Saturday night.

southern cross
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Any updates on the rice bowls? Like a vegetarian option?

Frenchy180
01-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Any updates on the rice bowls? Like a vegetarian option?

You can get either rice, or noodles in them, they are right outside of section 519 (at least the one I go to...) your choices of meat are beef, chicken, and maybe pork... of course you can get them without meat as well... they're really pretty good... Probably what I'll be grubbing on next Sunday at the game.

southern cross
01-05-2014, 07:04 AM
You can get either rice, or noodles in them, they are right outside of section 519 (at least the one I go to...) your choices of meat are beef, chicken, and maybe pork... of course you can get them without meat as well... they're really pretty good... Probably what I'll be grubbing on next Sunday at the game.

Thanks! That may be an option for me.

Peanut
01-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks! That may be an option for me.

There's not too many choices for us at stadiums. Especially for you, being vegan. I'm lacto-veg, so I have a couple more options. I've never seen rice bowls at a stadium. I would eat it although I'm picky about my rice. :D

Frenchy180
01-05-2014, 01:44 PM
There's not too many choices for us at stadiums. Especially for you, being vegan. I'm lacto-veg, so I have a couple more options. I've never seen rice bowls at a stadium. I would eat it although I'm picky about my rice. :D

I'm fairly certain they aren't vegan friendly... I can't think of anything in the stadium that wouldn't be fried with some sort of animal product... However, these are probably as close as you're gonna get.

southern cross
01-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Hmmmm. I was thinking that the rice bowls would have some different vegetables and a stir-fry sauce, but of course, that could be animal-based.

On to Plan B...

JWinn
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
OK, I talked to my ticket rep today, and she could not think of a Vegan option other than the noodle bowls we used to have in the club level, which is now a turkey sandwich station.

It's all based on popularity, and surveys sent out each year to season ticket holders, what they like and don't like. My guess is there has not been a big call for a Vegan option.

In the club, we have Action Stations. 4 of them. You pay $12 or $13 at the bar, and get a coin. This coin you take to the Action Station of your choice. They rotate the first three, but Station #4 is always the noodle bowl. That's the only thing left for vegetarians we could think of. And probably really seems like a rip off when you look at the other stations, featuring stuff like Prime Rib and a fancy Chicken plate.

I ain't paying 12 bucks for bowl of Ramen…. ;)

But that's all we cold could think of. She mentioned Centerplate, as that's who organizes all the food kiosks I guess. She didn't have their number, and I could not find it, but they would know anything and everything about any food at the stadium.

Sorry SC. Football's not really a "salad friendly" sport. More beer and brats. Mostly just beer, haha.

Frenchy180
01-07-2014, 12:00 AM
My best suggestion, if you are super strict about your diet... and I do not want this to come off as insensitive, because I understand how difficult it is to maintain a strict diet in which certain ingredients are unacceptable... I wouldn't take a chance on the stadium having what you need to eat... I would try to scope out a quick restaurant somewhere in the vicinity of the stadium that will meet your dietary needs... Otherwise, unfortunately, you run the risk of consuming goods that go against your diet. It would be great if the stadium offered something for everyone.

EddieMac
01-07-2014, 12:24 AM
I like the beer menu.............:beer:

Peanut
01-07-2014, 12:50 AM
OK, I talked to my ticket rep today, and she could not think of a Vegan option other than the noodle bowls we used to have in the club level, which is now a turkey sandwich station.

It's all based on popularity, and surveys sent out each year to season ticket holders, what they like and don't like. My guess is there has not been a big call for a Vegan option.

In the club, we have Action Stations. 4 of them. You pay $12 or $13 at the bar, and get a coin. This coin you take to the Action Station of your choice. They rotate the first three, but Station #4 is always the noodle bowl. That's the only thing left for vegetarians we could think of. And probably really seems like a rip off when you look at the other stations, featuring stuff like Prime Rib and a fancy Chicken plate.

I ain't paying 12 bucks for bowl of Ramen…. ;)

But that's all we cold could think of. She mentioned Centerplate, as that's who organizes all the food kiosks I guess. She didn't have their number, and I could not find it, but they would know anything and everything about any food at the stadium.

Sorry SC. Football's not really a "salad friendly" sport. More beer and brats. Mostly just beer, haha.

Thanks for checking into this.

Usually, I'm a cheap date because I end up with a salad. $12.00 for noodles? No thanks. :D Some places put meat on their salads. "Well, you can just pick the pieces off". No. It doesn't work like that.

You're a lot of help. :D Although, beer should be okay for a vegan, right? It does have some health benefits. Or is that just for wine?

86Elwayfan
01-07-2014, 08:37 AM
There are lots of Vegan restaurants around Denver...or so my one vegan friend has told me. (haha I have no idea how any of the food is this is just a couple places she told me.) Google them for location.

Root Down
The Garden
Beet Box

She also said there is a Vegan Food Truck downtown but couldn't remember what it was called. (I think if you just google that you should find it. Pretty niche thing.)

JWinn
01-07-2014, 01:36 PM
I'll tell ya the best food in the stadium, really.

New on the club level this year is a Cupcake stand. Right by the elevators, and the ticket rep table.

It's $5 bucks for one big cupcake or $6 for a four pack of small two bite samples. Yup, thats pricey, but they are very, VERY GOOD! The Red Velvet's are really killer.

bronx_2003
01-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I love the Mongolian BBQ joint on Wazee street. Been there for all 3 Denver games.

Cheap and Cheerful and just jump on the light rail afterwards.

http://www.gomongo.com/locations#q=denver

Frenchy180
01-10-2014, 03:45 AM
I'm up, cause I can't sleep... and all I can currently think about is those terriyaki bowls... that, or a torta... and a beer... is it Sunday yet?

100%Broncoholic
03-17-2014, 05:57 AM

I love the beer menus at stadiums, but my wallet doesn't like their prices.

Frenchy180
03-17-2014, 09:23 PM
I love the beer menus at stadiums, but my wallet doesn't like their prices.

I discovered one of my favorite beers at the stadium this year... Colorado Native... good stuff, made 100% in Colorado, including the bottles, and only available in Colorado.