PDA

View Full Version : All Things That Were AFC Playoffs

TennesseeWalker
11-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Assuming everything works out with work and life in general, I'm looking to make the trek from Chattanooga, TN to Denver for a playoff game. Unfortunately, everyone I know who would WANT to go, can't afford the airfare and playoff ticket, and the ones who can afford it, aren't interested in the Broncos.

So in order to avoid looking like a loser loner, would anyone here who regularly tailgates before Broncos games be willing to let me join? I'm not a weirdo. I'm a 28 year old former collegiate defensive tackle who loves football, beer, and especially Peyton Manning. All in all, I'd say I'm a pretty normal guy, and I'd be more than happy to pitch in $ for the food/drinks.

86Elwayfan
11-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Assuming everything works out with work and life in general, I'm looking to make the trek from Chattanooga, TN to Denver for a playoff game. Unfortunately, everyone I know who would WANT to go, can't afford the airfare and playoff ticket, and the ones who can afford it, aren't interested in the Broncos.

So in order to avoid looking like a loser loner, would anyone here who regularly tailgates before Broncos games be willing to let me join? I'm not a weirdo. I'm a 28 year old former collegiate defensive tackle who loves football, beer, and especially Peyton Manning. All in all, I'd say I'm a pretty normal guy, and I'd be more than happy to pitch in $ for the food/drinks.

Let me know your plans and I will be more than happy to include you in ours. We have a great time tailgating before all the games and since we are all about your age you'd probably have a good time.PM me your trip info as you get closer and I will keep you in the loop on tailgating plans. :)

rageaj
12-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Heading to Denver for the Tenn. game and would like to know what to do for pre game. Im coming with three other people from California. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

toothfairyemily
12-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Does anyone have any opinion on doing the Mile High Village tailgate? I am bringing my mom to the game to celebrate her 70th birthday. We are flying in from out of state and staying the weekend. PM me with suggestions :)

JWinn
12-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Does anyone have any opinion on doing the Mile High Village tailgate? I am bringing my mom to the game to celebrate her 70th birthday. We are flying in from out of state and staying the weekend. PM me with suggestions :)

If you do that, be early.

The Village is just inside gate 4 . They have table and stools, but only so many. You cannot bring in anything other than what any other fans can. By that I mean, no chairs, coolers, or anything else you might normally associate with tailgating.

I would just be very early with a 70 year old. She's probably gonna want a place to sit down.

:logo:

toothfairyemily
12-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks so much!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Tennessee Walker-

I hope you enjoy your trip. I'm from the Boise, Idaho area, but have a fond affection for where you're from. I went to school briefly in Cleveland, TN. I also took a water damage restoration class in Anderson, TN. I love TN, it's a beautiful state.

broncosjf
01-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Lifelong Broncos fan here making the pilgrimage from NJ to Denver for the playoffs. I'll be in the east side club level and I'm looking for some fellow fans to hang with before the game. Anyone willing to adopt a solo traveler for the day?

ebethune2
01-07-2014, 01:50 PM
I am headed in for my 2nd game of the season. I get in Friday and would love to hang out with some fellow broncos fans in the area!! Message me anything fun, and if anyone is tailgating and likes newbies, i'm your gal!! :logo:

86Elwayfan
01-07-2014, 03:05 PM
I will PM you info on our tailgate you are more than welcome to join us.

86Elwayfan
01-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi there, sent you a PM earlier today, we'd be more than happy to have you. Let me know if you have any questions!

ebethune2
01-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I will be exploring Denver for the weekend as I come in from PDX on Friday, wondering if there is anything newsworthy going on? Any great bars I should go to or Restaurants i should eat at??

Thanks for any info you can give :logo:

ormester
01-08-2014, 10:09 AM
When I get to Denver Friday, I will be going to the Avs game. Saturday they should have a pep rally of some sort outside the stadium. At least they did last year.

ormester
01-08-2014, 10:11 AM
I will be traveling alone also. We have some great fellow Bronco fans. Last year I was welcome with open arms by everyone tailgating and they treated me like family!

Jgagznos
01-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I am also coming in from PDX on Friday to attend the game!! The Western Stockshow starts on Saturday - it is truly a fantastic way to spend the day if you don't have plans. For restaurants, I am partial to the Wynkoop in LODO for great Colorado fare and a good brew. Of course, there are lots of food options in LODO. Have fun!!

BuffsSD
01-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Might be wrong forum... my apologies.

Will the Denver Broncos website be offering limited quantities of tickets to the game for non season ticket holders tomorrow morning? Does anyone know how that works?

broncosfanmd
01-14-2014, 07:09 AM
First off where in NJ are you from? My husband and I are originally from there. Secondly, we are coming in Friday from MD/DC area. Where are you staying?

broncosfanmd
01-14-2014, 07:20 PM
We bought them from stub hub and have had success before. But so paranoid. We are coming from dc are and will be so disappointed. Ugh. We love denver so it will be ok.

JWinn
01-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT show them to anyone here, or anywhere online.

Ticket codes can be copied and used.

Your going to just have to trust you got em thru a legit source. If that has worked for you in the past, you should be ok.

:logo:

MileHigh Salute
01-14-2014, 10:25 PM
I am traveling with the wife and we are staying downtown. Coming in from CT! Looking forward to game, and interested in where people will be tailgating!

Frenchy180
01-15-2014, 12:34 AM
We bought them from stub hub and have had success before. But so paranoid. We are coming from dc are and will be so disappointed. Ugh. We love denver so it will be ok.

stub hub has a guarantee that you get in the stadium if you bought your ticket through them... make sure if you're paranoid that you have their phone number on hand, and if any issues arise, give them a call and they will work something out for you asap... I've never had to go through this process while at the stadium, but I had a deal fall through with them, and they worked with me to get me a replacement ticket of similar value.

broncosfanmd
01-15-2014, 06:57 AM
stub hub has a guarantee that you get in the stadium if you bought your ticket through them... make sure if you're paranoid that you have their phone number on hand, and if any issues arise, give them a call and they will work something out for you asap... I've never had to go through this process while at the stadium, but I had a deal fall through with them, and they worked with me to get me a replacement ticket of similar value.

yep the sheet with the number is already packed. I just hope we don't have to use it.

broncosfanmd
01-15-2014, 06:58 AM
we are also staying downtown. we are staying at the Curtis. we think we are just going to do the mile high mountain village or whatever. the beers (while not what i'd normally drink) where cheap and it was fun.

86Elwayfan
01-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Hey Sorry I missed you for the game I hope you had tons of fun. I tried texting/calling you back but my service was terrible then my phone died all very bad things.

MileHighInNY
01-15-2014, 11:52 AM
I know we have numerous BCMB members from the New York City Metro area. Would anybody be interested in arranging to have a bunch of us meet up at a bar or something to watch the game this weekend?

My wife and daughter are out of town and I'm really feeling like I want to watch the game with some fellow Broncos fans! I'm willing to do the leg work to organize something if people would attend.

If you're at all interested, please let me know (either in this thread or through PM). Also, let me know if you'd prefer a Manhattan (likely Midtown) or Westchester (likely White Plains) location, and if you have any specific establishments in mind that you know to be a good venue, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks!

--MileHighInNY