PDA

View Full Version : Autographs

HSchenkelberg
11-13-2013, 07:48 PM
My son and I are coming to the Titan game, this will be our first game! We would LOVE to get some autographs ... suggestions, help on where and how to go about getting them. Specifically Peyton's. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

JWinn
11-13-2013, 08:26 PM
The players park in a separate parking lot at the SOUTH end of the stadium. Between all the RV's and the tents with activities. You can't miss it.

People stand along the path they have cleared for players to get from their cars into the stadium, and back.

Make your kid cute, have something for Peyton to sign, and a pen ready, and pray. Try to find a good spot, and hope you stick out enough to get him to pick you. There's hundreds of people with stuff begging, so you need to stand out.

That's really my best suggestion, sorry. They just don't have autograph sessions or anything like that on game days for current players. If they did, it would take a while to get 70,000+ people thru the line, lol.

Wish I had something better for you, sorry. Good luck getting some ink, and have a good time at the game!

:logo:

superbronco07
11-14-2013, 07:39 AM
I attended the game against the Ravens and my brother and I were lucky enough to get Peyton's autograph as he was entering the stadium. Like Jwinn said, it is a matter of luck whether or not you'll get to be one of the lucky few. The player entrance was crowded the entire time we were hanging out in the south part of the stadium and we honestly didn't think about joining the crowd until we heard a huge roar of cheers. My brother and I looked over and saw Manning coming towards the waiting crowd and we hauled butt over while removing the gear that we were wearing. We were able to squeeze in around a car setup by GMC and got in right in front of the fence. Manning was signing on the side we were on and my brother was able to get his jersey signed and I was able to get my hat signed.

There are also former players along with cheerleaders that do signings in the Mile High Mountian Village, the entrance to that is towards the northwest corner of the stadium. I believe that it opens an hour or two before regular gates open and they have food and drinks for sale in case you want to grab something while you wait for an autograph. The players and cheerleaders both have pictures that they will sign and give you and you are more likely to get an autograph here since a single line forms. We went into the village and took pictures and received autograph posters from the cheerleaders. We also entered to win several prizes that they were giving away. I won pre-game field passes which made an already great day, better.

This experience was our first game and I couldn't have asked for a better time, I hope you and your son have luck on your side as well!

We were lucky and were able to get autographs but so many other people were not. I hope that luck is on your side as well! Have a great time at the game!

Jagwire32
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I hope you guys have a great time at the game. One piece of advice I received in trying to get Payton's autograph worked out for us very well. While the other posts are correct there is a large part that is luck to get specific player autographs I was told that Payton has a huge soft spot for his alma mater Univ of Tennessee, so if you can between now and when you go to the game get a UoT cap or jersey etc. and wave it like mad. My daughter really wanted his autograph and she bought a hat and when we saw him walking in she yelled and waved the hat and he came right over. Not sure if it works everytime but it seemed to be true on that day as we watched others get thier UoT stuff signed as well as thier Broncos gear.

Just a small bit that may or maynot help.

Cheers and Go Broncos.

JWinn
11-19-2013, 10:52 AM
I hope you guys have a great time at the game. One piece of advice I received in trying to get Payton's autograph worked out for us very well. While the other posts are correct there is a large part that is luck to get specific player autographs I was told that Payton has a huge soft spot for his alma mater Univ of Tennessee, so if you can between now and when you go to the game get a UoT cap or jersey etc. and wave it like mad. My daughter really wanted his autograph and she bought a hat and when we saw him walking in she yelled and waved the hat and he came right over. Not sure if it works everytime but it seemed to be true on that day as we watched others get thier UoT stuff signed as well as thier Broncos gear.

Just a small bit that may or maynot help.

Cheers and Go Broncos.

A great idea! Excellent suggestion.

Welcome to Broncomania!

reese006
12-04-2013, 01:32 PM
My son has a football, I'm 99% sure it's a Wilson, that has Archie and Eli's autographs on. Got it from my mother-in-law for a function her company did many years ago. I was wondering are the certain brands that Peyton can not sign?

My 11 year old son and I will traveling from Birmingham, AL to Denver this weekend for a family function. He is HUGE Peyton fan and with the Broncos playing at home figured I would try for tickets. I was able to score some tickets for us. Not sure if we are going to bring the football or not as reading other threads sounds like autographs are hard to come by. But would have hated to bring it and then Peyton not able to sign it for some reason like it's not a brand he sponsors.

Peanut
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Interesting question. I know a NASCAR Truck driver refused to sign my hat because it was a conflict with his sponsor (don't like Hornaday anyway :D ). I haven't heard anything about football players. Do they even pay attention to things like that?

I'm sure someone will be by that can answer your question. I have someone in mind. I'll see if he can help you.

JWinn
12-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I am not aware of Peyton having any exclusive contract like Michael Jordan & Tiger Woods had with Upper Deck a while back that would forbid him from signing anything.

He signs for Topps and Panini regularly. Card manufacturers. Plus he seems to sign everything that's put in front if him. Balls, cards, jerseys, photos, mini helmets. hats, shirts, etc. The list goes on and on at Training Camp with what people put in front of players to sign, lol.

I would be shocked if he refused to sign any ball. Especially one already signed by his brother and father.

Nice job scoring tickets, here's your best plan, I think.

Hours before the game, you want to be between the stadium and the players parking lot. This is on the South end on the stadium between the RV lot (C-RV) and the big party with the giant TV, and small tents.

You'll see people lined up there also hoping for some player ink.

Have your boy in his #18 jersey with ball in hand, pen at the ready when he comes by. Of course, you can also try after the game.

It's gonna be cold, so be prepared for that. Stop and get some hand warmers for that kid.

Have a fun and try to stay warm!

JWinn
12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Something important.

You cannot bring the ball into the stadium or the game. That's a prohibited item.

I know, you can buy one once inside, but you can't bring one in.

If you have no car to put the ball away in, or somewhere to keep it during the game, I would probably not bring that.

Just don't want to see you two turned away from the gate by some snot nosed kid doing his job over a ball. Those guys at the gates tend to be temps who just follow written rules, ya know.

reese006
12-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Something important.

You cannot bring the ball into the stadium or the game. That's a prohibited item.

I know, you can buy one once inside, but you can't bring one in.

If you have no car to put the ball away in, or somewhere to keep it during the game, I would probably not bring that.

Just don't want to see you two turned away from the gate by some snot nosed kid doing his job over a ball. Those guys at the gates tend to be temps who just follow written rules, ya know.

I didn't even think about not being able to bring it in to the stadium :brick: Not sure what we are doing for parking yet. Right now I had planned on riding the rail in from the LIttleton area, we will be in the Highlands Ranch area.

Lazytee
12-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I am traveling from Houston to Denver for the Dec 12th game. I am wondering if the Bronco players sign autographs before or after the games. If so, where is the best place to try this?

flosstein
12-07-2013, 08:38 PM
After the game at the players entrance/exit tunnel. I can't exactly remember what gate it is, but if I remember correctly it's the one by the team store. After the game the guys usually all walk by and if u can get close enough to the gate they will gladly sign things. But I wouldn't expect guys like Manning or Von, as the chaos would be insane. I was there for the KC game in 2010 and they put Tebow and Champ on carts and shuttled them quickly off to their vehicles.

BroncosPWNn00bs
12-07-2013, 08:48 PM
After the game at the players entrance/exit tunnel. I can't exactly remember what gate it is, but if I remember correctly it's the one by the team store. After the game the guys usually all walk by and if u can get close enough to the gate they will gladly sign things. But I wouldn't expect guys like Manning or Von, as the chaos would be insane. I was there for the KC game in 2010 and they put Tebow and Champ on carts and shuttled them quickly off to their vehicles.

I've seen Von sign before. I havn't seen Peyton sign yet and a lot of times, I rarely even see him go out there. He must leave some secret way a lot of the time :laugh:

But yea, Its by gate 10 I believe. Before and after the game, players sign for people. :salute:

dat_dude_e
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I am traveling from Houston to Denver for the Dec 12th game. I am wondering if the Bronco players sign autographs before or after the games. If so, where is the best place to try this?

I'll be going to the Houston game on Dec 22 at Reliant. Do you know if there are any good spots to get player's autograph. Do you know if a field pass would be worth it?

elecshoc
12-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I've seen Von sign before. I havn't seen Peyton sign yet and a lot of times, I rarely even see him go out there. He must leave some secret way a lot of the time :laugh:

But yea, Its by gate 10 I believe. Before and after the game, players sign for people. :salute:

When we went to the saints game last year we got to see him leave. He did leave a while after everyone else though. I didn't see him sign any autographs but he stayed a little bit within the walk way talking to del rio and other guys. He waved and acknowledged the crowd though.

Awesome to see.

flosstein
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM

Probably uses the abandoned super secrect McD espionage tunnel, lol!

BroncosPWNn00bs
12-07-2013, 10:15 PM
When we went to the saints game last year we got to see him leave. He did leave a while after everyone else though. I didn't see him sign any autographs but he stayed a little bit within the walk way talking to del rio and other guys. He waved and acknowledged the crowd though.

Awesome to see.

Yea, I saw him after the Saints game. Another cool thing after that game is that Drew Brees also stayed and signed and took pictures with people and stuff. Class act he was. :salute:

Broncos4SB2013
12-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I am going to the game on Thursday against the chargers. How early would you recommend getting there if I want an autograph?

Broncos4SB2013
12-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I am taking my son to the game tomorrow night and thought it would be cool to get there early and try to get an autograph. I have heard people say to go to the players parking lot and see if I would get lucky. What time would be recommended for a better chance at an autograph

Royal5280
12-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I came in from Dallas hoping the Bronco Barn was still being set up where you could get retired ones.... It's not. IN 2011 (forgive me) Broncos vs Bears (thanks Barber), after that game I was able to get: Dawkins, Miller, Decker, Prater, Colquit- all after the game as they exit. Not sure if that's still going on. If it is, it's easy to do, just wait at he exit area. You won't be alone! Enjoy the game.