PDA

View Full Version : Drive In or ride the Rail?

reese006
12-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I will be visiting Denver this weekend and my son and I will be going to the game. This will be our first NFL game to go to, he's a huge Peyton fan. We live in Birmingham, AL so been to a ton of college games, was at the Iron Bowl this past weekend :)

Anyway question is, is it better to drive in or ride the rail in? We are staying in the Highlands Ranch area and I know there is a light rail station just below Littleton.

EddieMac
12-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Ride the rail. There is still a little walk after that but way better than dealing with the traffic after the game. I have never driven, being from out of Country but the traffic doesn't seem to move after the game.

Go early and meet all the cool tailgaters too. Everyone is really friendly and there is a lot to see going on out there. The shop is a Broncos fan paradise too.

JWinn
12-04-2013, 04:55 PM
I drive every game, and Eddie is probably right.

I have a pass, and live FAR from a light rail station, so it makes sense for me but…

Yeah, I sit for up to half an hour just waiting to get out of the parking lot after most games. Lot M is a disaster in my opinion, and that's just a part of it.

And if you don't know your way around…….

Yeah, take the rail. That's gonna be a lot less hassle for you. And a lot cheaper. Ya can't take the ball with you, but….

However, there's something to be said about having a truck I can go to to get warm in after the game. ;)

:logo:

underrated29
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Light rail for sure. You will be picking it up right by my house. From there to the stadium and back (round trip) is like $8 a person or something close. Thats cheaper than parking there, no traffic to deal with and you can drink up on the way to the game and can drink longer after the game.

You do have to walk about 3/10 of a mile once off the train but its not very far and the crowd knows where to go. That, plus the brutal unseasonal cold will make the light rail a nice treat. It will already be warm and heated up.

One thing to know- buy your RT tickets- otherwise you will have to wait in line to get to buy tix at stadium to go home and the line is HUGE. Also, on the trains is a little yellow button to open the doors. After the game go the very front of the train and cross the tracks to get on the other side. Fewer people will be there and you might get on quick enough to get a seat. It will be packed after the game. They do have a discount for seniors and military I bleieve too.

BroncoFanBoy
12-05-2013, 12:44 AM
You do have to walk about 3/10 of a mile once off the train but its not very far and the crowd knows where to go. That, plus the brutal unseasonal cold will make the light rail a nice treat. It will already be warm and heated up.

To add to this, good chance you'd have to walk far from the parking spot too. Light rail is so much cheaper.

BroncoFanBoy
12-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Oh, and as someone who lives in Littleton, there are light rails close to the intersection on Santa Fe and Bowles, along with one on Santa Fe and Ken Caryl.

JWinn
12-05-2013, 01:59 AM
To add to this, good chance you'd have to walk far from the parking spot too.

This is true.

It's a longer walk to my car/truck than it is to the light rail station. It's only a few hundred feet, maybe another two minutes each way, but yeah.

:logo: