PDA

View Full Version : All Things That Were Super Bowl Travel Etc

Shutdowncb24
01-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Does anybody happen to know if Sports Authority Field has a public Superbowl viewing party if the broncos make the Superbowl? IIRC during the superbowl, they do a live shot of "official" parties being held by both representing teams to gauge reactions and such. Does anybody know if this is true or have any information on it?:helmet::helmet:

dsmith275
01-06-2014, 09:03 PM
That would be awesome if they did that! I would probably go!

206saint
01-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey all, first time to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone here might have any insight about when/where the championship parade would be if the Broncos were to win the Super Bowl? I'm taking a mini-vaca to Denver the week after the SB so I thought it would be cool to take it in if I had time...

JWinn
01-14-2014, 12:00 AM
A parade would probably be the next day, and involve something at the steps of the C&C building like last time. Late morning, early afternoon.

That seems to be the standard for every city when a team wins a championship.

:logo:

Frenchy180
01-14-2014, 06:30 PM
A parade would probably be the next day, and involve something at the steps of the C&C building like last time. Late morning, early afternoon.

That seems to be the standard for every city when a team wins a championship.

I believe it would actually be Tuesday.

JWinn
01-14-2014, 06:40 PM
I believe it would actually be Tuesday.

Yeah, could be. I didn't go downtown to the parades 15 years ago.

I always thought championship parades were the next day. Shows how much attention I pay to parades I guess, lol.

Frenchy180
01-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah, could be. I didn't go downtown to the parades 15 years ago.

I always thought championship parades were the next day. Shows how much attention I pay to parades I guess, lol.

Yeah, I think they usually take a day to come home, and then have the parade the next day, that's been my observation as far as other sports' parades go lol... It's tough to tell though... Regardless, I plan on being there and my boss is fully aware of that, and actually wants to go with me :laugh:

Rancid
01-14-2014, 06:45 PM
I had a parade when they won the Divisional Championships.....

I paraded to my refrigerator to get another beer in celebration! :beer:

johntbronco
01-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Oh yeah! I remember the Broncos Super Bowl parade our last win! It was a blast!

http://sports.fresnobeehive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SUPER-BOWL-XXIX-PARADE.jpg

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/0903/20070903__20070906_J14_SP06FBNDENVERKING~p4.JPG

JWinn
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
I just thought.. was trying to remember right during dinner.

But in Miami, we stayed the night after the game, and came home on Monday. Got home sometime mid-evening.

As I remember, we had already missed the parade. The team had flown home pretty much right after the game and ensuing party, and were already back here by the following morning.

John T. You went? Was it Monday or Tuesday?

After the game in Sad Diego, I forget. That whole weekend is now a blur.

johntbronco
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
I just thought.. was trying to remember right during dinner.

But in Miami, we stayed the night after the game, and came home on Monday. Got home sometime mid-evening.

As I remember, we had already missed the parade. The team had flown home pretty much right after the game and ensuing party, and were already back here by the following morning.

John T. You went? Was it Monday or Tuesday?

After the game in Sad Diego, I forget. That whole weekend is now a blur.

the pics that i pulled these from said it was Feb 1, 1999. Our 2nd Superbowl game was on Jan 31, 1999.
So, it was on a Monday.

johntbronco
01-14-2014, 08:09 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0817/20130817__20130818_CC1_SP18FBNBOWLEN~p3.jpg

JWinn
01-14-2014, 09:36 PM
the pics that i pulled these from said it was Feb 1, 1999. Our 2nd Superbowl game was on Jan 31, 1999.
So, it was on a Monday.

That's what I thought. Thanks. :thumb:

BroncosPWNn00bs
01-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I've seen lately most parades seem to be on Tuesdays when SB teams win it. So I hope it is that way now as well. If we win the SB, how soon will we know when the Parade is and at what time? Cause I'm hoping to make the drive down for it, and was planning on it being on a Tuesday, so I hope it is. :fight:

Shutdowncb24
01-15-2014, 08:38 AM
I'd love to go if this is even a possibility. Anybody have any info?

86Elwayfan
01-15-2014, 08:42 AM
JWinn really looking to you for an answer on this but thought someone else could shed some light as well. So if/when the Broncos win on Sunday the team will automatically receive 17.5% of the tickets to the Super Bowl. My question is how do they decide who gets those seats?? I assume its a raffle of some sorts but is it weighted in some way? Also if I were to win would I be able to buy 4 seats as I have at SAF@MH?? or do they limit you? Anyone with helpful info would be great.

I have checked the DB's official site with no luck.

Bronco51
01-15-2014, 10:06 AM
I can only go off of when I tried in 97. You were entered into a lottery (not weighted) and if you won you were able to purchase 2 tickets. I was able to get tickets from players (I didn't win the lotto). I am not sure if you can get as many tickets as season tickets you have. I think you need to have season tickets to enter the lotto. I might be wrong on that though.

JWinn
01-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Here's what I know.

Those who win the ticket lottery will be notified by email this week.

But I do not know the criteria they are using to select who gets a shot. I heard several rumors Sunday, but nothing verified by my ticket rep, who was very sketchy on that criteria.

All he would tell me was that if I win, I'll get an email this week sometime.

Needless to say, I am glued to my email account this week, lol.

Sorry I don't have more.

86Elwayfan
01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the info all. Will be glued to mine too JWinn!! :)

JWinn
01-17-2014, 11:26 AM
I just called and talked to a guy.

The weeks almost over, and I am getting impatient, lol.

He told me that both email and snail (postal) mail will be going out to all season ticket holders. He thought snail mail started going out yesterday, notifying winners, and that I should get an email regarding this "in the next few days".

But just because I have not heard anything yet, doesn't mean anything.

So we're still in it!

Fingers & toes crossed. :laugh:

86Elwayfan
01-17-2014, 11:38 AM
I just called and talked to a guy.

The weeks almost over, and I am getting impatient, lol.

He told me that both email and snail (postal) mail will be going out to all season ticket holders. He thought snail mail started going out yesterday, notifying winners, and that I should get an email regarding this "in the next few days".

But just because I have not heard anything yet, doesn't mean anything.

So we're still in it!

Fingers & toes crossed. :laugh:

You made me super nervous for a second there!! I want to know now!!! hahaha

JWinn
01-17-2014, 11:44 AM
You made me super nervous for a second there!! I want to know now!!! hahaha

:laugh:

I keep expecting to come here this week, and see a post of YOURS, saying you won.

Good luck brother!

86Elwayfan
01-17-2014, 11:47 AM
:laugh:

I keep expecting to come here this week, and see a post of YOURS, saying you won.

Good luck brother!

You too!! Definitely going if given the chance!

JWinn
01-17-2014, 04:22 PM
OK, they got me today, and weren't even trying.

The phone rings, and the caller ID says….DENVER BRONCOS :eek:

I'm thinking, ooo, the guy is calling me back to put me out of my misery! YEA!!!! One way or the other….

But it's Terrance Knighton, a recoding suggesting I wear orange to the game (like I was planning on bright green & maroon :laugh:) and to be loud.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the caller ID. Usually pretty excited to get one of these Bronco robo calls, but I have to admit, that one was a disappointment.

Still no email- haven't even gotten my regular game day email yet either….. Several wanting me to buy AFC West Champions stuff, but nothing critical yet.

It's driving me nuts!

Edit. The game day mail came… nothing else, lol.

Frenchy180
01-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Hey JWinn, anything good in the game day email? Mind sending me a copy?

JWinn
01-18-2014, 05:15 PM
The mail came today, and in it was a postcard from the Broncos.

Saying I was not selected in the lottery this time around.

I was told one of the rumors was if you had won before, you were less likely to win this time, so that might have done it to me. I won back in 2005, even though we didn't go.

Hopefully, I'll come home and start looking at packages tomorrow night, and find something left that's not too unreasonable. I see many of the packages on the link provided on the card are already sold out.

206saint
01-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Okay, well I won't be making it in time for the parade then, but I'll still be pulling for y'all in tow weeks and looking forward to visiting your fine city...

Peanut
01-20-2014, 12:48 AM

I was told one of the rumors was if you had won before, you were less likely to win this time, so that might have done it to me. I won back in 2005, even though we didn't go.

Hopefully, I'll come home and start looking at packages tomorrow night, and find something left that's not too unreasonable. I see many of the packages on the link provided on the card are already sold out.

I started looking tonight. Just tickets since I'm close enough to drive. I knew they were going to be expensive, but man!

Remember, everyone. No buying or selling tickets here. Thanks for understanding.

Frenchy180
01-20-2014, 01:52 AM
The wheels in my mind got to spinning real quick on what I could do to come up with $5k to go to the Super Bowl... I decided a Super Bowl party would be more feasible, sadly...

86Elwayfan
01-20-2014, 08:12 AM

Yeah we got that unfortunate postcard too. But hey at this point I am gonna look at it like a positive, I get to watch the game with 35-40 of my buddies all of which are Bronco fans. It's gonna be one awesome party! :D

Bronco51
01-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Won the lotto, but probably won't go. Seeing what they are going for before listingnthem. Would love to go but looking at prices to get there and stay there are outrageous.

WillTopper
01-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Been a Broncos fan since 1976. Tickets to the SB are WELL WELL WELL out of my financial possibility . But I may head down to my daughter's house to watch the game and she lives about 30 minutes from the Stadium. I would love to show my ORANGE and support the team. I would also love to get my jacket autographed.

Do the have sessions where fans can meet players before the game ? If I go for that I will take a pocket full of Sharpies ;) . Any suggestions ?

If I knew then what I know now .... I would have driven the 35 minutes to Oneonta and Gotten a pre draft autograph from John Elway when he was playing baseball there.

:: laughing --- If anyone wants to GIVE superbowl tickets to the MAKE WILL A HAPPY FAN FOUNDATION --- they will be graciously accepted and I would be at the game even with the current 33 degree ice and wet snow and rain they are currently forecasting ::

Sheabers
01-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Been a Broncos fan since 1976. Tickets to the SB are WELL WELL WELL out of my financial possibility . But I may head down to my daughter's house to watch the game and she lives about 30 minutes from the Stadium. I would love to show my ORANGE and support the team. I would also love to get my jacket autographed.

Do the have sessions where fans can meet players before the game ? If I go for that I will take a pocket full of Sharpies ;) . Any suggestions ?

If I knew then what I know now .... I would have driven the 35 minutes to Oneonta and Gotten a pre draft autograph from John Elway when he was playing baseball there.

:: laughing --- If anyone wants to GIVE superbowl tickets to the MAKE WILL A HAPPY FAN FOUNDATION --- they will be graciously accepted and I would be at the game even with the current 33 degree ice and wet snow and rain they are currently forecasting ::

Haha already asked people myself if they have a spare £10k they can give me for flights from Scotland, hotel and tickets :)

flosstein
01-20-2014, 08:40 AM

I believe one of the press day events will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. That would be your best shot at an autograph as both teams will be represented there. Also some of the other events around Manhattan will have sparse current player availability, but huge legacy player availability. Like "Taste of the NFL", look for ALL the old Broncos to be around these events. May be a good time to get an Atwater, Meck, TD, Smith, EddieMac, TJ, etc..... type autograph.

*****I just looked up the ticket price for Taste of the NFL and it's $700/ticket :eek:******

WillTopper
01-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Haha already asked people myself if they have a spare £10k they can give me for flights from Scotland, hotel and tickets :)

My son in law who live in Piscataway NJ is from Middlesborough . If you get here maybe they would roll out a cot for you ; )

WillTopper
01-20-2014, 08:50 AM
I believe one of the press day events will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. That would be your best shot at an autograph as both teams will be represented there. Also some of the other events around Manhattan will have sparse current player availability, but huge legacy player availability. Like "Taste of the NFL", look for ALL the old Broncos to be around these events. May be a good time to get an Atwater, Meck, TD, Smith, EddieMac, TJ, etc..... type autograph.

*****I just looked up the ticket price for Taste of the NFL and it's $700/ticket :eek:******

Ouch 700 ? I could probably sell my jacket for more than that afterwards .... but I could NOT do that LOL.
I wonder if John Shultz is going down for the game. He lives about 20 miles from here and my wife went to HS with him. I have never met him.

Sportfantic
01-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Hey Bronco51. I got the postcard that I didn't win. What did you get in the mail? A postcard saying you won?

WillTopper
01-20-2014, 08:55 AM
I have an Alzado , Montler , Lytle , Howrd autographed orange crush T shirt ... I got when they had a Breakfast with the Broncos event at IBM in Boulder in the spring of 1978. Mike Montler was the largest person I have ever met and ALzado was a scary person LOL .

the0rangecrush
01-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Time to hit up the fam, and see if anyone won, but cant, or dont want, go.

Bronco51
01-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Yeah it was a postcard. I have to make an appointment to pick them up between Wednesday and Friday if I want hard tickets. Or I can opt for will call.

teetdogs
01-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Have season ticket holders been notified if they were selected in the lottery for SB tickets?

Motley
01-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes. I talked to my friend last night, they are season tickets holders. And they won the lottery for SB tickets. Couldn't believe it, he's going to NY.

richiejakobe
01-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Yup, I was informed by email that I was not selected :(

flosstein
01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
I have an offer for tix, but in considering coming into downtown to watch game and be at the heart of Bronco Country when we win. Does anybody have an idea what the best bar/party might be to watch the game at and when the parade might be.

sheenabobeena
01-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Yes. I talked to my friend last night, they are season tickets holders. And they won the lottery for SB tickets. Couldn't believe it, he's going to NY.

dang so LUCKY!!! please tell them to yell super loud and represent!!

80stheman
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah, my friend was selected for SB tix. He's trying to decide whether to go. Really? GO, DUDE!

rockitdrummer
01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
I recieved the dreaded postcard. I heard some that were picked say that the face value is $900 each. I also know two people that have been to SB's in the last few years and they both say it can be more hassle than its worth for the money you spend and that being at a game like yesterday is a vibe the SB cannot have because it is so many different "fans" attending. I'm sure NY will be the most corporatre of any SB with all the money involved. Now don't call me for sour grapes here, I was hoping to win and had plans to go and I hope all that do have a great time! I was at one of the most fun games I've ever been to yesterday, the crowd was awesome (where was the usual "way too many visitor fans"? way to go Bronco fans!), and I'm happy to continue to enjoy the "salad days" with my team in the dance. I do hope all that go make our presence felt and represent proud! GO BRONCOS!!

JWinn
01-20-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm still gonna go.

I bought a package last night. My son and I will go that morning, see the game, and fly home that night. No weekend trip, no hotel, just the football game. I did this 16 years ago by myself (XXXII), 26 years ago by myself (XXII), AND 36 years ago with my dad (XII), so it'll be fun.

A couple I hang with before games in the club won the lottery. They were $850 each, plus fees of I think it was $35, and they pick them up Tuesday at the stadium.

Peanut
01-20-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm still gonna go.

I bought a package last night. My son and I will go that morning, see the game, and fly home that night. No weekend trip, no hotel, just the football game. I did this 16 years ago by myself (XXXII), 26 years ago by myself (XXII), AND 36 years ago with my dad (XII), so it'll be fun.

A couple I hang with before games in the club won the lottery. They were $850 each, plus fees of I think it was $35, and they pick them up Tuesday at the stadium.

Good for you!

When we go see the Broncos play the Ravens, we take the light rail to the stadium. After the game, we always see Broncos fans on their way back to the airport.

Frenchy180
01-20-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm still gonna go.

I'm happy for you man! Incredibly jealous, but happy for you! I call dibs in case your son comes down with a severe case of food poisoning before your departure... I shouldn't joke about that.

Nutdotnet
01-20-2014, 05:40 PM
So after the broncos won, my wife has been encouraging me to buy a ticket to go to the SB. Then the 'hawks won and she now wants to go too.

Ticket prices looks about $3k a pop for center-field "nose bleeds" (so $6,000). We're coming in from Alaska so that's another $1500 for flights or so. Plus hotels which I'm sure are not cheap.

I'm assuming this will cost around $9 - $10,000 for a 3-day weekend. I can swing it, but would you do it? Has anyone here been to a SB before? Granted, this is different then it's the Broncos but boy, that's a lot of scratch, especially if they lose! (Which we know they won't!).

I also really like the SB on TV....but who knows the next time our team will be in this position again.....

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

JWinn
01-20-2014, 06:01 PM
For me, yes, it's worth it. I've been to six of them, and am going again this year.

Only you can answer if it's worth it to you.

OrangeCrushD
01-20-2014, 06:25 PM
well, long time fan here, booked the NFL on location package, park on site, and go to NFL sponsored event in the arena before the game,
I was looking at the Broncos official tailgate party package, I called Primesport(Broncos partner), they didn't know where it was going to be, how transportation would work, etc, I didn't want to be off location as I fear logistical problems,

I figured, I don't have the expense of air or hotels, when am I going to be able to have another chance like this.

Nutdotnet
01-20-2014, 06:39 PM
well, long time fan here, booked the NFL on location package, park on site, and go to NFL sponsored event in the arena before the game,
I was looking at the Broncos official tailgate party package, I called Primesport(Broncos partner), they didn't know where it was going to be, how transportation would work, etc, I didn't want to be off location as I fear logistical problems,

I figured, I don't have the expense of air or hotels, when am I going to be able to have another chance like this.

That looks like a pretty good deal actually....if it was just tickets I probably wouldn't have posted up the question. Flights from Alaska and then hotels for three nights are almost as much as a ticket!

We're also looking at doing a Vegas / SB trip....could be fun too!

EddieMac
01-20-2014, 06:54 PM
If you can swing it....then go for it..you might never get the chance again....

Bronco51
01-20-2014, 07:30 PM
I have been to most of them since 97. The festivities are the best part of the weekend for me. It's much better if your team is in it though so this one will be extra special. It should be on every fan's bucket list to go to see their team in any championship game, so yes it is definitely worth it.

Frenchy180
01-20-2014, 08:49 PM
I can tell you this much... If I had the money, I'd be all over this... I'd have bought my ticket and airfare last night... Maybe even on the way home.

dowen
01-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Unfortunately didn't win the lottery either. Have flights and hotels booked and will be anxiously checking the ticket market this week. I've been hoping to take my dad to the game for his 70th birthday after 40 years of him being a season ticket owner. I hope we can find a way.

A question - are the Broncos distributing tickets in a particular section of the stadium? If we do find tickets and have an option on sections, we'd much rather be in the Broncos crowd!

flosstein
01-21-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm in the "mulling it over" boat as well. I have an offer for tickets on the table, but the cost is kinda steep @$2500 each. But the once in a lifetime part is very tempting.

Nutdotnet
01-21-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm in the "mulling it over" boat as well. I have an offer for tickets on the table, but the cost is kinda steep @$2500 each. But the once in a lifetime part is very tempting.

$2500 each? I saw do it...that's a good price!

saltparrot
01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I didn't. Bummed, but not surprised considering the odds. I had my travel already planned out, but sadly to no avail.

Good luck - hope someone around here got them!

saltparrot
01-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Ahh - didn't see this threat when i posted, but i see it now.

Congrats to those who got selected! I'm pretty bummed out - I'll keep checking the secondary market, but it's looking like a minimum of 5k for two tickets. Rough.

To all that are going, REPRESENT!

broncomommaof3
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Won the lotto, but probably won't go. Seeing what they are going for before listingnthem. Would love to go but looking at prices to get there and stay there are outrageous.

Well, you could sell them to Peanut since it sounds like it's not too far a drive for them:)

section 118
01-21-2014, 03:01 PM

So what was the face value? Also I am curious what is your priority number?

horsesense
01-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Go for it!

dowen
01-21-2014, 05:30 PM
A few questions for those who are either going or thinking of going to the game in New Jersey:

- Will Broncos fans sit be a majority in an section/portion of the stadium? In other words, did the Denver season ticket lottery winners get tickets in the same sections? I imagine much of the stadium will be a free for all given the secondhand market, but I'd sure love to increase my chance to sit near Broncos fans!
- Are there any other Broncos affiliated events where Broncos can share in the celebration - either pre- or post-game?

Thanks for thoughts! Go Broncos!

Bronco51
01-21-2014, 08:19 PM
So what was the face value? Also I am curious what is your priority number?

Face value is 800 and then the Broncos are charging a 50 per ticket processing fee so 1700 for the pair. Priority number is somewhere in the 900's. My grandfather has had season tickets since the get go.

FL BRONCO
01-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Well, you could sell them to Peanut since it sounds like it's not too far a drive for them:)

Good idea, I second this

Frenchy180
01-22-2014, 06:54 PM
The first thing I heard when I went into work yesterday morning was "So, are you going to the Super Bowl?" to which I laughed... The next thing I heard was when I went on a delivery run to one of the mechanic shops in our building was "Hey, did you hear, Craig and the guy he has season tickets with won the raffle, and they're going to the Super Bowl...." the levels of jealousy I feel towards him are enormous...

saltparrot
01-23-2014, 12:14 PM
My jealously levels are through the roof. We were committed to going if we had won the lottery - next year I guess ;)

the0rangecrush
01-23-2014, 12:27 PM
I have family that won, and they want to stay here(I live relatively close) then go to the SB. Its almost a sick joke.

Peanut
01-23-2014, 03:04 PM
I started looking tonight. Just tickets since I'm close enough to drive. I knew they were going to be expensive, but man!

Remember, everyone. No buying or selling tickets here. Thanks for understanding.

A reminder.

Freestyle
01-24-2014, 04:28 AM
With the last few games not being nationally televised, can someone let me know of the best bar in NYC to watch the games with sound and fellow Broncos fans?

I usually hit the Village Pourhouse on 110th because I live uptown, but I'd guarantee that there won't be sound (either the Giants or Jets will be playing at the same time), and I'm usually the only Broncos fan there.

I tried Google, but I couldn't get a definitive answer.

Any place that has Left Hand beers will get immediate preference.
You mentioned Google, have you tried Keats?
http://www.keatsbar.com/events/end-of-winter-special-package/

MileHighInNY
01-24-2014, 07:57 AM
I have family that won, and they want to stay here(I live relatively close) then go to the SB. Its almost a sick joke.

Man, that's rough--like rubbing salt in an open wound. At least make them bring you back a shirt and hat or something.

FL BRONCO
01-24-2014, 12:39 PM

Thats great. Graciously offer and spend the week with them. Then feed them a very "SPECIAL" dinner the night before. Then graciously feel bad for them being so sick as you leave them the remote, tv and couch and use their tickets.:thumb::salute:

j/k

bigdog1002
01-24-2014, 01:39 PM
They're down below $1700 now

Fgrillo
01-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Where are all the Bronco fans going to be before the game ?

Duke_of_Death
01-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Hello community!
I am desperately seeking someone going to NY for the game who can help me. My most treasured piece of Broncos memorabilia is an envelope that has been to every Broncos Super Bowl and has been stamped at the Super Bowl Station. If I can't get someone to help me get it stamped this weekend, it'll be ruined. I'd even be willing to offer a few bucks for the effort. Nothing big, but enough for a few drinks? Please let me know by emailing me ASAP. Time is short. jthompson2112@msn.com

Duke_of_Death
01-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Hello community! Sorry for the repost from another thread, just trying to cover all bases...
I am desperately seeking someone going to NY for the game who can help me. My most treasured piece of Broncos memorabilia is an envelope that has been to every Broncos Super Bowl and has been stamped at the Super Bowl Station. If I can't get someone to help me get it stamped this weekend, it'll be ruined. I'd even be willing to offer a few bucks for the effort. Nothing big, but enough for a few drinks? Please let me know by emailing me ASAP. Time is short. jthompson2112@msn.com

guntrain
01-26-2014, 02:21 PM
This is TOP 5 on my bucket list. I've been able to cross a lot of it off already, but this has always been at the top. Before was too young and too poor, not that I'm rich now. But when will the Broncos make it back with chances this good to win. To see Peyton Manning play! When tickets were up to $2800 I was out of it, but now it seems people don't want to be in the weather. I am in obsession mode now, knowing that I can make this lifelong dream a reality. This will be a regrettable moment if I can't make it happen.

OPP
01-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Price are dropping pretty fast and I know there is a lot of Broncos fans near New York area, so, who is going to the game???

southern cross
01-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Well, in my mind I am. ;) Does that count? :laugh:

It's interesting to note that the prices are dropping on tickets.

guntrain
01-26-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm in DC area driving up for the game. Waiting for the right moment to get tickets and lodging. Driving my truck up, tailgate?

BradMc
01-26-2014, 04:52 PM
I wish!!!! I tried to talk my fiancé into an early honeymoon, but that idea was quickly shut down. :(

LSIGRAD09
01-26-2014, 06:00 PM
I'd love to, but I'm in Grad School in DC, so I can't really make it.

Shame, my family lives in NY.

GratefulDawg
01-26-2014, 06:02 PM
If the tickets were $500, I would do it.

OPP
01-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I wish!!!! I tried to talk my fiancé into an early honeymoon, but that idea was quickly shut down. :(

I've convinced my girldfriend to go with me (even if I pay a large amount of the trip). It's an experience that I'll probably live once in my lifetime so I couldn't miss it. I just hope the Broncos win, or it will be the worst money spending of my entire life!!!

OPP
01-26-2014, 07:00 PM

Maybe they will be pretty cheap if you wait until the last minute, but it's a guess

guntrain
01-26-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm still looking for tickets and lodging, but I'm all in. This is an opportunity I cannot miss.

flosstein
01-26-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm on the fence. $1800/seat is not the end of the world, but nothing to sneeze at either. Luckily I won't need hotel or parking.

OPP
01-26-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm on the fence. $1800/seat is not the end of the world, but nothing to sneeze at either. Luckily I won't need hotel or parking.

It's approximatively the same price that I pay. Where is your seat located?

guntrain
01-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Looking for a seat in 221A or something comparable.

mozzerpete
01-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Although I would love to I really do not want to endure the cold.

I did it during our playoff loss to BAL and I swore never again!

Instead I will host a Super Bowl party….olé!

flosstein
01-27-2014, 05:47 AM
It's approximatively the same price that I pay. Where is your seat located?

I haven't taken a bite on them yet, but in the 300's somewhere. I think section 306. I also have an offer at $2500 for 200's on the 40yl. I'm still mulling both over though.

Also wondering if Media Day is good to check out.

bigdog1002
01-27-2014, 06:54 AM
There are some in the $1500-1600 range now. I'm gonna wait til Thursday and see if they get down to the $1200-1300 range

raziel
01-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Me and my dad are going, flying to New York from Saskatchewan, Canada, can't wait!!

The Irish
01-27-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm going with my Dad. We haven't purchased our ticekts yet, as I think the price will continue to drop this week, but even at these price levels, we are a lock. It's only a 4 hour drive, so we can afford to be a little more spontaneous with our planning. Even still, I'll feel better once I have some tickets in my hand. And even better when Peyton & Champ are hoisting the Lombardi over their heads.

JrtheFreak
01-27-2014, 07:57 AM

I'd pay $500... but not the $1500 they are going for now. I live in PA... about 7 hrs away. So the drive wouldn't be too bad but still would want to stay over one night.

For now I'll be watching at home... might buy a 60" tho. Best time to buy TVs I think.

tdadbroncfan
01-27-2014, 11:09 AM
I am going with my wife. We are leaving on Friday night, and staying close to times square. We bought 100 level tickets in the endzone. Cost alot, but I didn't want to miss this one....Never know the next time they might go.

Manning4life
01-27-2014, 11:14 AM

I couldn't imagine paying all that money, sitting in that cold, and then driving home a loser.

Guarantee me a win, and maybe. LOL

DishWater
01-27-2014, 11:25 AM
My Dad and I are going. It will be special. It's going to be an iffy time for him health-wise, following a major skydiving accident. He's 20+ surgeries in and still on the road to recovery, and currently we're worried about the length of the plane ride from DIA, but he and I wouldn't miss this game for the apocalypse.

southern cross
01-27-2014, 11:39 AM
My Dad and I are going. It will be special. It's going to be an iffy time for him health-wise, following a major skydiving accident. He's 20+ surgeries in and still on the road to recovery, and currently we're worried about the length of the plane ride from DIA, but he and I wouldn't miss this game for the apocalypse.

Here's wishing you and your dad a safe journey there and back, and for as little pain as possible for him during the trip. What a great memory you will have! Here's to a *W* for the team! :goz:

UKBronco7
01-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Been a UK Bronco fan for best part of 30 years and booked flights and tickets for the game back in September on the basis that this might be our year. The last few weeks have been as nerve-wracking as anything I can remember in my life, but since last Sunday I've just been crazy excited! Now all I need to worry about is whose jersey to buy (oh and the weather...)

CServant
01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
On the fence... Still hoping the weather will cause the ticket prices to drop. So far so good!

Bronco UK
01-27-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm there. Flying over from the UK on Friday. Can't wait to get out there. Going to be an incredible experience.

sheenabobeena
01-27-2014, 03:12 PM
glad to see so many Denver fans will be at the Super Bowl! you lucky people. cheer LOUD for us!

elway7777
01-27-2014, 04:51 PM
I live in NJ and I am definitely going. Will buy my tixx on Saturday or Sunday by noon.

Go Broncos!

flosstein
01-27-2014, 04:58 PM
I live in NJ and I am definitely going. Will buy my tixx on Saturday or Sunday by noon.

Go Broncos!

I'm on the fence and if I go, this is exactly how I'm thinking of doing it.

tonray
01-27-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm there. Flying over from the UK on Friday. Can't wait to get out there. Going to be an incredible experience.

If you are looking for some good fish and chips....7.5 miles away from the stadium...

http://www.argylerestaurant.com/

NOte: I am not affiliated with them in any way...just love fish and chips...lol

JWinn
01-27-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm going, and taking my son to this one.

Got the game tickets & pre game tailgate passes last week, and the trip schedule today. We leave DIA at 8 Sunday morning, and expect to get back to DIA about 3:20 Monday morning.

bigdog1002
01-27-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm officially in now.. got my ticket today.. since the weather forecast has cleared up and there probably won't be any precipitation, tickets have started to level off and maybe even rise slightly (depending on how many you wanna buy) and people are starting to buy them.
Word of advice, if you only want 1 ticket, you may wanna buy soon. They're starting to sell. You'll get a better deal if you're buying 2 or more I think. This isn't scientific, it's just trends I'm noticing from monitoring ticket prices pretty much since the game ended last Sunday

Bowhunter07
01-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Bought my tickets today. Driving up Saturday from southern Maryland. I am pumped.

DenverBrian
01-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Bought my tickets today. Driving up Saturday from southern Maryland. I am pumped.

That's awesome. We are in Calvert County and I thought about it but just can't justify the cost.

We did do a Springsteen show at the old Giants stadium on an up and back without staying at a hotel and it was fairly easy to do (though by the time we got to close to home we were really really tired).

Safe travels!

Ehveek03
01-27-2014, 09:21 PM
BRONCOS FANS , just read an article that Seahawks fans outnumber bronco fans in Super Bowl tickets ... We don't want the 12th man be in affect during Sundays game !!!! http://buzztap.com/-qW6Xn7

Manning4life
01-28-2014, 12:09 AM
BRONCOS FANS , just read an article that Seahawks fans outnumber bronco fans in Super Bowl tickets ... We don't want the 12th man be in affect during Sundays game !!!! http://buzztap.com/-qW6Xn7

I saw it, too. More ticket sales in Washington state than Colorado. If you can swing it, GET OVER THERE! LOL

sheenabobeena
01-28-2014, 12:22 AM
I saw it, too. More ticket sales in Washington state than Colorado. If you can swing it, GET OVER THERE! LOL

hopefully the Broncos fans from the other states will more than compensate for that! just in this post alone, it's easy to see we are everywhere... not just Colorado! :)

rush_limbaughII
01-28-2014, 12:44 AM

Come on folks. If you can afford it, you got to attend. Or else, if there are any rich generous fans, please sponsor my ticket :) I will take one for the team here.

cormbred
01-28-2014, 03:18 AM
I will be there. Arriving Fri afternoon. :goz:

Bowhunter07
01-28-2014, 04:13 AM
That's awesome. We are in Calvert County and I thought about it but just can't justify the cost.

We did do a Springsteen show at the old Giants stadium on an up and back without staying at a hotel and it was fairly easy to do (though by the time we got to close to home we were really really tired).

Safe travels!
Good to hear that there are more Broncos fans in SOMD. I live in St. Marys. I hear you man. It was very hard to justify spending that kind of money on nose bleed seats but in the end I just could not pass up the opportunity. May never get another chance to see the Broncos in a Super Bowl. Go Broncos.

JesseH
01-28-2014, 04:28 AM
Congrats to the broncos fans going, literally once in a lifetime opportunity!

I'm not too worried about the 12th man stuff. I could of sworn I read that the Denver Broncos were the most popular team this year, and Manning is really popular in the south. I'm sure he and the broncos will get plenty of support.

The Irish
01-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Ticket prices are rising today! Buy now or wait!? What to do, what to do...

flosstein
01-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Ticket prices are rising today! Buy now or wait!? What to do, what to do...

really? I just saw some as low as $1400, they were $1600 yesterday.

Maharishineo
01-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Have fun and be safe to everybody going!

Been a UK Bronco fan for best part of 30 years and booked flights and tickets for the game back in September on the basis that this might be our year. The last few weeks have been as nerve-wracking as anything I can remember in my life, but since last Sunday I've just been crazy excited! Now all I need to worry about is whose jersey to buy (oh and the weather...)

Especially cool!

The Irish
01-28-2014, 11:48 AM
really? I just saw some as low as $1400, they were $1600 yesterday.

Where are you seeing $1,400? I'm only looking at the NFL Ticket Exchange & StubHub. The cheapest I'm seeing right now is $1,600. I saw $1,500 yesterday.

bigdog1002
01-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Where are you seeing $1,400? I'm only looking at the NFL Ticket Exchange & StubHub. The cheapest I'm seeing right now is $1,600. I saw $1,500 yesterday.

Depends on quantity.. 2 or more tickets and they're cheaper per ticket.. if you only want one, you're gonna pay more

OPP
01-28-2014, 11:49 PM
The tickets price went down last weekend, but right now prices stagnate. You should try seatgeek maybe you will find cheaper tickets

WillTopper
01-29-2014, 04:06 AM

We got Married in Central City Co in 5/7/77 ( pre gambling) And We went camping in Yellowstone for the honeymoon. ( Yes in May) Every morning there was a dusting of snow on top of the tent, which resulted in a 'Are we going home ? ' . Being a tough guy ( and dumb ) I said NO . The lesson I learned hit home over the next 29 years ... everytime I paid the bill for that high end hotel we would stay at, whenever we went on vacation. You are a smart man to let your Fiance' win that argument. LOL

WillTopper
01-29-2014, 04:13 AM
I should drive the 2.5 hours and hang out in the parking lot with my ORANGE on and a sign that says "PLEASE" LOL

Hmmmmm Can a person leave the stadium at Half time and give their ticket to someone else?

MileHigh Salute
01-29-2014, 04:21 AM
Okay, I'm in. Was at AFC Championship game two weeks ago and flew out to see it from CT. Now they are in my backyard and playing in the biggest game of all. Just had to be there.

WillTopper
01-29-2014, 04:45 AM

I have been invited to a couple parties where I would be the only die hard broncos fan. I declined the invitations, and told them No you really don't want me there telling everyone to shut up so I can hear the game ;)

OrangeCrushD
01-29-2014, 05:02 AM
taking the 2 hour ride up on Sunday, section 327, super pumped, seen the Broncos play in Buffalo, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Giants Stadium, and of course several times in Denver(both Mile High and Sports Authority Field), I have never before been so pumped for a game, I have a good feeling. got in the NFL pre game festivities in the Izod Center before the game. can't wait.

guntrain
01-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Going to the Super Bowl! Driving from Northern Virginia, leaving Saturday morning "early". Never been to NY before. Go Broncos!

guntrain
01-29-2014, 09:22 AM
BTW, got my ticket online www.primesport.com. They have some of the best prices I've seen so far, even considering the processing fee 18% and shipping $30.

Used promotion code "IZEA" for 5% discount that brings down the cost a little.

I hope to see A LOT of Broncos fans there.

guntrain
01-29-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm going to the Super Bowl!! Section 223 baby! Go Broncos!!!

tdadbroncfan
01-29-2014, 10:48 AM
www.bigredtickets.com are decent priced, and they don't charge any fee's. They have a really good rating on ebay, but they sell through their site too

broncomommaof3
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM

That is awesome! Im glad that they made it and you get to make the trip. Cheer loud!!

broncomommaof3
01-29-2014, 11:02 AM

Soooo cool that you are flying from overseas to attend. Maybe you and UKBronco7 will be on the same flight, lol! Cheer loud for all of us who cant be there.

UKBronco7
01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
That is awesome! Im glad that they made it and you get to make the trip. Cheer loud!!

Thanks - Last game I saw in person was in Oakland when we rolled out the Read Option with Tebow, McGahee busted one from 80 odd yards and Royal returned a punt for a TD so hopefully I'm a good omen. (The less said about the Wembley game the better though...)

Flying tomorrow and looking forward to chatting to some other Bronco fans when we're over.

Rwlakers0120
01-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Coming from Florida too see our broncos do work. Only bought one ticket so I'm going solo. Go broncos baby!

guntrain
01-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Rwlakers0120, I'm going solo as well, to expensive to take the 13 year old and/or 6 year old. PM me if you want to meet up for a beer or two before the game.

Bowhunter07
01-29-2014, 05:21 PM
I wished I was going solo. I wold have been able to afford a much better seat. Just dont tell my wife I said that. lol.

Blitz222
01-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Leaving from Pittsburgh tomorrow morning. Going solo. Anyone wants to meet up send me a pm. Growing up a bronco fan in Pittsburgh left me on my own.

Pura Vida
01-29-2014, 09:05 PM
If I could swing it without going ten grand in debt, Id do it in a second.....screw the kids college fund! (ha ha....they dont have one)

FL BRONCO
01-31-2014, 07:58 AM
I hope all of you have a lot of fun and get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeely Loud.:salute:

MVPeyton
01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Let's get all the single ticket holders meeting up at a bar somewhere on Saturday for the big game! Whereabouts are people staying, close to the stadium or in Manhattan? Let's choose a convenient spot and make this weekend a great time!

MVPeyton
01-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Let's get everyone meeting up at a bar somewhere on Saturday for the big game! Whereabouts are people staying, close to the stadium or in Manhattan?

guntrain
01-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Driving up Sunday morning from VA. But, I thought I was the only crazy one going alone.

MileHigh Salute
01-31-2014, 08:41 PM
Bought through stubhub. They have a pregame party for pickups the day of the game. I am doing that before hand. Anyone else doing that?

MVPeyton
02-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Bought through stubhub. They have a pregame party for pickups the day of the game. I am doing that before hand. Anyone else doing that?

What are the details? ie. Where, when etc?

MileHigh Salute
02-01-2014, 06:41 AM
If you bought big game tickets thru Stubhub, the ticket includes a preamp warmup party which runs like 10-3 at meadowlands expo which is where I have to pick up the tickets. They also provide transport from there to the game and back. It's on stubhub for details as well

Freyaka
02-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Apparently our team missed the memo and didn't join those loyal fans who went.....:(

100%Broncoholic
03-17-2014, 05:50 AM
Well folks, I've merged all things Super Bowl into this thread, and this thread will just be a....http://happyfoodhealthylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/bad-memory.jpg