PDA

View Full Version : Flying out for the game next Thurs night

kwboulder
12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
My mom just booked a surprise flight to Denver for me next week to go to the game against SD Thurs night. I used to live in Denver and have friends out there, but none are going to the game. Any one from here going that I could maybe meet up/tailgate with?

jclark34
12-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Your mom is awesome!

teetdogs
12-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I'll be there with a group of girls we will be in the 10 dollar lots up by the church just north of the stadium.

sheenabobeena
12-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi all! My husband and I will be heading out to Denver this week to see the Broncos play the Chargers in Thursday Night Football. I am sooo excited as it will be my first time attending a home game. I can't wait to see a full introduction of the players and yell "IN-COM-PLETE!!!" with the crowd, instead of alone at the TV.

We are looking forward to checking out the city and all the microbreweries, as we are big craft beer lovers. The trip, especially at the game, will be quite an experience because we are from Southern California and are spoiled by our weather. Right now its 55 degrees and to us, that is already very cold.

One thing about my husband tho... he was born and raised in SD and is a Charger fan. (I know, I know!) My impression is that Bronco fans are very classy but I wanted to check and confirm that we should run into no issues with him going to the game, fully decked out in Charger gear??

86Elwayfan
12-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi all! My husband and I will be heading out to Denver this week to see the Broncos play the Chargers in Thursday Night Football. I am sooo excited as it will be my first time attending a home game. I can't wait to see a full introduction of the players and yell "IN-COM-PLETE!!!" with the crowd, instead of alone at the TV.

We are looking forward to checking out the city and all the microbreweries, as we are big craft beer lovers. The trip, especially at the game, will be quite an experience because we are from Southern California and are spoiled by our weather. Right now its 55 degrees and to us, that is already very cold.

One thing about my husband tho... he was born and raised in SD and is a Charger fan. (I know, I know!) My impression is that Bronco fans are very classy but I wanted to check and confirm that we should run into no issues with him going to the game, fully decked out in Charger gear??

Sheena he should be fine as long as he doesn't instigate. (at least this has been my experience) He should know (and I am sure he expects) that he will get a little bit of razzing here and there but I have never seen anything escalate over that. I know in my section we like to have fun with opposing fans with occasional trash talk or asking for a high five when the Broncos score but it's all in good fun.

JWinn
12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I'll back up 86 ElwayFan

As long as he doesn't go looking for trouble, he will likely avoid it.

He needs to have a thick skin though. He's gonna hear stuff directed at him. It's mostly all in good fun, but I have seen it get out of hand.

Usually alcohol plays a big factor in that, so if it's his intention to get hammered, as so many do at the games, and be dressed up in opposing colors…well… that's just usually a recipe for disaster at football games.

Stay rational, somewhat coherent, and you should be fine.

:logo:

sheenabobeena
12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
thanks both for the info! we do expect a little razzing, as i get when i accompany him to Charger games. for the most part, i dont get anything worse than playful banter and entertaining comments about him being "with the enemy". Charger fans are cool with me but it may be because they are used to opposing fans at their games and just don't care lol. i'm sure Bronco fans are much more passionate so wanted to make sure that didnt translate into trouble for him.

we can't phantom drinking beer at the game... i think we will be too cold. lol

i cant wait!! :goz:

VenomousDB
12-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I think the Charger game is supposed to be decently warm. Like in the 30s lol