PDA

View Full Version : Question About Denver

Bolt4LifeSD
01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Hey guys, I've been here for a long time. Always doing the pick-ems. Sometimes posting. So hopefully I can get some good answers since I've never been disrespectful on here.

I am coming to Denver on a road trip from SD with CAbroncomaniac! We are staying with some of his family in Denver. Will be there Sat-Mon or possibly Tuesday.

What is signature in Denver besides Omlettes that we should try? Any places that are a must in downtown Denver or near Denver? I work in a field where I am provided with breakfast, so breakfast food doesn't tickle my jolly since I have it every day.

Like here in SD we are the king of fish tacos. What is in Denver? Any recommendations?

sheenabobeena
01-07-2014, 07:56 PM
I was just there for the first time last month for the Charger game. I enjoyed Biker Jim's... it's like their version of LA's danger/ghetto dog. if you love craft beer, there's tons of microbreweries (not as much as SD, but a good amount). My favorites were Great Divide, River North, Breckenridge, and Boulder Beer (in the airport).

Go_Bolts04
01-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, I've been here for a long time. Always doing the pick-ems. Sometimes posting. So hopefully I can get some good answers since I've never been disrespectful on here.

I am coming to Denver on a road trip from SD with CAbroncomaniac! We are staying with some of his family in Denver. Will be there Sat-Mon or possibly Tuesday.

What is signature in Denver besides Omlettes that we should try? Any places that are a must in downtown Denver or near Denver? I work in a field where I am provided with breakfast, so breakfast food doesn't tickle my jolly since I have it every day.

Like here in SD we are the king of fish tacos. What is in Denver? Any recommendations?
If you like the Gaslamp in SD, you'll feel at home downtown Denver. Very similar vibe. Great places to eat all around. Just stay away from the Rocky Mountain Oysters..:)

VADER72
01-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Tons of good places on the 16th st mall and Larimer square. We have a Taco Bell as well. :p

Turf Nazi
01-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Go to Taco De Mexico for some of the best authentic Mexican food. Not sure if you are wild about it, since you are so close to Tijuana, but it is excellent. It's off 7th and Santa Fe.

MarkB
01-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Right before the game go to Casa Bonita

VADER72
01-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes, go to Casa Bonita. Best Mexican food in town! It will fill your belly and your underwear in half an hour.

Broncoholic JS
01-07-2014, 09:01 PM
You want some really good seafood go to Pappadeaux. It is south of Denver on Arapahoe and I-25.

Can''t go wrong with a burger from the Chophouse downtown.

Want some really good Hawai'ian BBQ? L&L Hawaiian BBQ in Aurora. (It is a little bit of a drive, but well worth it)

Mexican from The Rio downtown. (They have other locations as well)

Great bar food from LoDos in downtown as well.

KillerKwab27
01-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Did I just see we didn't have as many microbreweries as SD? Cant be true, aren't we number one in the nation? Whatevah, Just go to Platinum 84 and take a bunch of singles. bwaha

Bolt4LifeSD
04-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Hey gents!

So we are making the trip out to Denver again for the opening MNF game.

Has much changed in the four years? Any new recommendations? I can't wait to go. Actually got my permission slip signed by the wife for another bros trip ;)

Peanut
04-23-2017, 11:27 PM
Hey gents!

So we are making the trip out to Denver again for the opening MNF game.

Has much changed in the four years? Any new recommendations? I can't wait to go. Actually got my permission slip signed by the wife for another bros trip ;)

Nice wife. My husband goes to a football game (I don't care who is playing), he's taking me. :D

I'm sure some of the locals will have some good suggestions for you. And good to see you still supporting the Chargers.

Go Broncos! ;)

Bolt4LifeSD
04-23-2017, 11:34 PM
Nice wife. My husband goes to a football game (I don't care who is playing), he's taking me. :D

I'm sure some of the locals will have some good suggestions for you. And good to see you still supporting the Chargers.

Go Broncos! ;)

Yes I do. Living here in SD I got to watch the saga. The city was just as crap as Spanos. The players I've grown attached to are just caught in between. Pluss they are still our local team. If Spanos didn't move to LA, the Raiders would have used their option then the Chargers would be stuck in the same city that has stepped on it's own foot for so long and the Bolts would have had no leverage at all. Pluss that city vote was dumb. They needed to make it county.

Bolt4LifeSD
04-23-2017, 11:36 PM

Go Broncos! ;)

Oh yeah. My wife will be on her friends bachelorette party.

Frenchy180
04-27-2017, 08:53 PM
What did you manage to do on your last trip out to Denver?

CanDB
05-12-2017, 12:49 PM
I am not a local, so my views are less informative. But I have twice visited Denver, and loved it! Last time we stayed downtown, and it was perfect walking distance to restaurants/stores, and yes, the bus depot to go to games from....for relatively cheap. We had no difficulty making a go of it for 3 or 4 days, minus a car. We went on tours, all from our hotel. But I am sure there are a lot of advantages of having a vehicle as well, especially if you like driving in the mountains.

Still have good memories of several meals at the downtown Cheesecake Factory!! (We don't have one here:sad:)

The previous time I was there I had the best Mexican food ever, but I do not remember the restaurant name. Perhaps it was one of those mentioned above!

And on both trips I found the people to be quite friendly, as did my wife! BONUS!!

Enjoy!!

58_VONDOOM_92
05-12-2017, 05:01 PM
And if you want to go out for Ice cream after food go to little mans Ice cream in the Highlands. Pretty close to the stadium.

Bolt4LifeSD
06-30-2017, 08:59 AM
I am not a local, so my views are less informative. But I have twice visited Denver, and loved it! Last time we stayed downtown, and it was perfect walking distance to restaurants/stores, and yes, the bus depot to go to games from....for relatively cheap. We had no difficulty making a go of it for 3 or 4 days, minus a car. We went on tours, all from our hotel. But I am sure there are a lot of advantages of having a vehicle as well, especially if you like driving in the mountains.

Still have good memories of several meals at the downtown Cheesecake Factory!! (We don't have one here:sad:)

The previous time I was there I had the best Mexican food ever, but I do not remember the restaurant name. Perhaps it was one of those mentioned above!

And on both trips I found the people to be quite friendly, as did my wife! BONUS!!

Enjoy!!

I found the people to be friendly also. I only had one Bronco fan trying to talk smack to me and it was some zit faced teenager. Wasn't worth it when I saw his parents shush him LOL!

What did you manage to do on your last trip out to Denver?

We went to a Pre-Game Chargers party at Jacksons in Lo-Do. Also hit up TwinPeaks. Now there are TwinPeaks everywhere. I definitely want to hit up Jackson's again.

Has anyone been here? Some of their stuff sounds good and hangover inducing!

http://www.adriftbar.com/

pozbaird
09-15-2017, 02:23 PM
My wife and I have been to Denver three times now, visiting from Scotland. 2017 marks the 20th anniversary of our first ever trip to the USA. We loved it so much, we come over to the USA two or three times a year, every year, for 20 years now. We have visited...sometimes multiple times... NYC, Boston, LA, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Savannah, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Orlando, Miami, and Key West...

The friendliest people have been in Denver and Atlanta. We have been warmly received in many places, but Denver and Atlanta were outstanding. In Denver, a guy in Euchlid Hall bought us a drink just because he liked Scotland. Everywhere we went in Denver, people heard our accent and asked us about our homeland and were very amiable. Maybe it's because Denver, despite being a big enough city, still isn't as big and perhaps impersonal as, let's say, NYC or LA, where tourists are ten-a-penny and everyone is rushing around.

Anyways... the last time we were in Denver was when we came over for the home game in the snow against New England, when we won in OT en-route to title No3 in SB50... what a night that was! Hugging strangers, mental scenes.

Go Broncos!

VenomousDB
09-23-2017, 10:16 PM
My wife and I have been to Denver three times now, visiting from Scotland. 2017 marks the 20th anniversary of our first ever trip to the USA. We loved it so much, we come over to the USA two or three times a year, every year, for 20 years now. We have visited...sometimes multiple times... NYC, Boston, LA, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Savannah, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Orlando, Miami, and Key West...

The friendliest people have been in Denver and Atlanta. We have been warmly received in many places, but Denver and Atlanta were outstanding. In Denver, a guy in Euchlid Hall bought us a drink just because he liked Scotland. Everywhere we went in Denver, people heard our accent and asked us about our homeland and were very amiable. Maybe it's because Denver, despite being a big enough city, still isn't as big and perhaps impersonal as, let's say, NYC or LA, where tourists are ten-a-penny and everyone is rushing around.

Anyways... the last time we were in Denver was when we came over for the home game in the snow against New England, when we won in OT en-route to title No3 in SB50... what a night that was! Hugging strangers, mental scenes.

Go Broncos!

I was at that game too. Such a great game!!

Rancid
09-24-2017, 07:14 AM

Go Broncos!

I moved to Denver from Atlanta with a 10-year stop in Chicago in between and concur with your friendliest people assessment. Having lived in several other cities those two are my favorites.

There are a lot of Scots that live in Denver. My neighbors are from Glasgow and they have a lot of Scotish friends they get together with. 4-6 Boddingtons in, I cannot understand a thing they are saying! I do know many of the Scotish friends they have they met here and they did not know them in Scotland. My neighbor said Scots are a close community in Denver. I suspect they met through something to do with the Rangers. Maybe a website for the Rangers or something.