PDA

View Full Version : Are cameras allowed into stadium?

ViennaBronco
09-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi Broncos Fans,
I'm from Austria and I've traveled 6000 miles to watch the Broncos for the first time "live" at tomorrows game against the Ravens. I'm thrilled to be there :-)
A question to those who have been to the stadium and carried a (larger) camera: is it a problem to bring a DSLR camera with a telephoto lens? I hope not, as it's the only camera I have with me on my trip and of course I'd like to bring home some really good photos from this special event.
Please help me with your advice thanks Chris

Freyaka
09-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi Broncos Fans,
I'm from Austria and I've traveled 6000 miles to watch the Broncos for the first time "live" at tomorrows game against the Ravens. I'm thrilled to be there :-)
A question to those who have been to the stadium and carried a (larger) camera: is it a problem to bring a DSLR camera with a telephoto lens? I hope not, as it's the only camera I have with me on my trip and of course I'd like to bring home some really good photos from this special event.
Please help me with your advice thanks Chris

Well first off the bag must be within the NFL's guidelines
http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/nfl-bag-policy

I wasn't able to find anything specific about lens size on the site however I know a lot of stadiums have a 3" lens rule and basically say no professional lenses.

I personally haven't tried bringing a camera like that in but I'm sure there is someone here with experience who can I can only point to the information that's on the sports authority website.

Freyaka
09-04-2013, 08:56 PM
This is the most specific I can find
http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/guest-information

CAMERAS/VIDEO RECORDERS
Hand-held still camera photography is welcomed at events for non-commercial personal purposes. Cameras and lenses must be of a reasonable size, as determined by Sports Authority Field at Mile High management. Tripods, camera lenses or any other type of equipment which may interfere with other fans’ enjoyment of the game is not permitted. The use of video cameras is not permitted at any time and may result in ejection. Other stadium events, such as concerts, may have different Camera/Video policies in place. Please check with us in advance to be sure what a particular event’s policy is.

RocketArm006
09-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't know any official specifics, but I'd be skeptical due to the recent NFL security crackdown.

If you do bring it and security doesn't let you in, there are check in tents around the stadium so you can check it incase you don't have a place to put it during the game.

Just a little heads up. Either way, enjoy the game!

Cajun
09-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Assuming anything, you should call customer service or customer relations depending on your situation. Ask them what is or isnt allowed when it comes to that type of camera. Its kind of hard to leave a $$$ item in a somewhat secured tent outside of a stadium and Im certain they only insure items of lesser value. Im guessing $100 or less.

the rule is if you can carry it in the approved clear plastic bag your able to take it in. But after working for the US government anything can be changed at any time. good luck.

Freyaka
09-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Assuming anything, you should call customer service or customer relations depending on your situation. Ask them what is or isnt allowed when it comes to that type of camera. Its kind of hard to leave a $$$ item in a somewhat secured tent outside of a stadium and Im certain they only insure items of lesser value. Im guessing $100 or less.

the rule is if you can carry it in the approved clear plastic bag your able to take it in. But after working for the US government anything can be changed at any time. good luck.

I agree, best bet is going to be to call before the game tomorrow with your Camera specs to be safe.
The number you'd want to call is
Permitted Items: 720-258-8000

ViennaBronco
09-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks guys for your advice. I will call and ask them.
Enjoy the game too. Go Broncos!

BroncosReport
09-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I think the general rule is no "unreasonable" telephoto lenses (like professional grade). I'd think a 200mm would be the max. I've brought in my DSLR before without any trouble, granted it was a year ago. They mainly just don't want people in front of you getting bonked on the head with some massive piece of glass.

dbro4life
01-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm planning to go to the AFCC game next week. I have an SLR camera that I love taking pictures with...would love to bring it to take pictures during the game. It has a 35mm to 200mm lens. All in all, not big, and definitely not a professional camera. Any help abs suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

garzjoe
01-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Yes you can...however there is some sort of limit. Below is from the Broncos website.

CAMERAS/VIDEO RECORDERS
Hand-held still camera photography is welcomed at events for non-commercial personal purposes. Cameras and lenses must be of a reasonable size, as determined by Sports Authority Field at Mile High management. Tripods, camera lenses or any other type of equipment which may interfere with other fansí enjoyment of the game is not permitted. The use of video cameras is not permitted at any time and may result in ejection. Other stadium events, such as concerts, may have different Camera/Video policies in place. Please check with us in advance to be sure what a particular eventís policy is.

Thx,
Joe

JWinn
01-12-2014, 08:44 PM
No problem. I bring in a camera with a bigger lens than that every once in a while. And saw several just like you described today.

Just don't hit anyone with it, and you'll be fine, lol.

Had a guy today, kept coming down, and took dozens of shots with a zoom lens on an SLR. Nobody said a word to him about it.

:logo:

dbro4life
01-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your comments Joe and Mr. Winn. Makes me feel better. I have an old Nikon D90 with a lens of up to 200mm...just don't know how picky security is and what they consider inappropriate. But glad to hear people can bring them and its no problem. Thanks.

JWinn
01-13-2014, 12:10 AM
No problem Dbro.

Mine is a 75/300 Nikon/Nikkor lens. I forget what body. Also old. Uses film. :laugh:

You cannot bring in the camera case. You know. The black case for the camera itself. The camera is fine, but not the big Nikon case. The thing is the bags this year. All bags must be clear.

Just have it, (and all your stuff really) in a clear bag when you enter. Then you can put everything in your pockets, and the camera around your neck, once your in.

The guy today. I just remembered. He had a digital SLR with a silver lens, About the same size as my Nikon, and video taped several plays here and there during the game. Right in front of at least three cops, and 4 Guest Relations people.

Again, nobody ever said a word to him.

The things they really don't want are obviously professional video cameras, and lenses that might hit another fan. Stuff that has tripod mounts, takes up space, and makes you a pest.

You'll be fine. Have fun! :thumb:

:logo: