PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Postseason: 2014 AFC Championship: Patriots vs Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Elway
01-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Hello Broncomaniacs one and all! (and all the recently register Trolls as well).

January 22, 2006.... That was the day, that was the day I last made a thread for Championship Sunday. We had beaten the Pats a week earlier, Pittsburgh upset Indy late in the 4th quarter and earned a trip to Mile High. Jake Plummer led the Broncos and Steelers fans led the cheers as the stands that used to be Orange and Blue, gave off a disgusting Black and Yellow tinge. Many a fan sold their loyalty for a few bucks that day, the team struggled and the game was lost.

Here we are 8 years later, the city seems filled with Orange and Blue pride. That was more than evident against the Chargers last week. Bronco management also wisely decided not to sell tickets to those in the Boston Area or nearby localities. :)

So here we are Manning vs Brady, Denver vs New England. Good vs Evil. A so called Legacy game.
Can Manning get to Super Bowl # 3 and win in his brother's house, or will Brady get to # 6 in the stadium of his hated rivals (Jet's or Giants) take your pick.

Twice Brady and Manning have met in the AFC championship, Brady won the first time. Manning came from behind to win the second. The last time Denver met New England in the playoffs was two years ago, Tebow could not work any magic and the defense was giving up scores quicker than vendors could hand out beer.

We know Brady has won 10 of his 14 matchups vs Manning, (they split the last 6 times)
In fact six of the last seven meetings have been decided by a touch down or less.

In those match ups Brady averaged 29.7 points Manning 24.6
Brady 26 tds Manning 29
Brady had 12 Ints Manning had 20.
Completion Percentage Brady 67.1 Manning 61.8
Passer rating Brady 96.6 Manning 85.6

It has been a tough road for Manning - who has lost 5 Home Playoff games by a combined total of 14 points.

John Fox is 1 for 6 vs the Patriots 0-2 in the post season. Del Rio - well he had the Jags and issues all his own besides the Pats.

So many side notes to this game. An interesting one is the most yards ever gained by a receiver in the Patriots last 249 games belongs to Demaryius Thomas who has 180 yards in 2012.

The Pats will test our improving run defense, but they will more likely want to test the secondary with Chris Harris. How did the Patriots rally a few weeks ago, Cromartie went out at the half and they started testing his side, and quickly got back in the game. The Chargers went after Jammer last week and had great success. So we know he is not the answer. Tony Carter will have a chance to shine and Champ will not be on a count and may have to play outside as well.

Can Knowshon move the rock and get past Hightower on Defense? Can Knighton stop Blount from getting his yards. Can DT can past Talib? Can Welker, Julius Thomas and Decker make plays when needed. Can Edelman and Amendola be held in check?

This will not be an easy game, but I am more optimistic after seeing how well Denver did last week. We will have better conditions than last week and than last time we played NE.
I think Peyton, Denver, Fox and Del Rio are due. We need to play smart, too many mistakes last time cost us the game. We can't play tight and over think, we need to make plays. :goz:

Both teams are beaten up, the defensive units are patch work, but I think Denver can do it. We are the number one seed for a reason. It would be a shame if all are hard work to get to the Superbowl fell short by this game, and the city that has rallied around the Broncos gets disappointed once again. So if you are going to the game Be loud, be proud and let yourself be known!

If we win we get to do this again in two weeks, if we lose try to keep it in check. The Mods do a great job here, and a board with this many posters after an emotional loss, is a lot to handle.
This will be a great game with ups and downs. Please follow the COC and report any posts that may be in violation of that. The Trolls are here folks, let's keep them in check.

I hope we have a great game, play Broncos football and get the "W"
OMAHA OMAHA!!! GO DENVER! :logo:

AZ Snake Fan
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE pansies !!!

GO "D" --- SACK tommie !!!

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Denver 44
pansies 13

Go 12th Man !
Rock the House !!!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3755843/bradyhangin_medium.gif

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3381813/bradyhangin.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/4877/peeweeetom.jpg

GO BRONCOS "D" !!!
SENDthe brady bunch BACK ON A REALLY, REALLY LONG FLIGHT TO NEW ENGLAND !!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img38/3624/wjv4.jpg
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/peyton-manning-good-chances-21538178

FlagOnThePlay
Game Day Thread is open

Go Broncos!

BroncoFanBoy
Brady, you're a great QB and I have plenty of respect for you, but you might as well just remain sitting down on the field since the defense is gonna keep sacking you and putting you down.

GO BRONCOS!!! WE CAN WIN THIS GAME, I KNOW WE CAN!!!

Elway
01-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Additional Game day info courtesy of JWINN:

BRONCOS HOST PATRIOTS
- The Denver Broncos (14-3) will host the New England Patriots (13-4) in the AFC Championship game on Sunday with the winner earning a right to play in Super Bowl XLVIII. Kickoff at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is set for 1:05 p.m. MST.

- Denver owns a 19-17 (.528) all-time record in postseason play, including a 6-2 (.750) mark in AFC Championship Games.

- Since Executive V.P. of Football Operations John Elway was hired in 2011, Denver is one of eight teams to average at least 10 wins a year, one of five clubs to make the postseason in each of the last three campaigns and one of three franchises to win three consecutive division titles.

- Broncos QB Peyton Manning and Patriots QB Tom Brady will square off for the fourth time in the postseason and the 15th time overall.

Sunday’s game is presented by Verizon and Bud Light. Get in your seats early and show the world you were here! Be part of the 360-degree HD panoramic photo that will take place before kickoff, presented by Verizon and Bud Light.

The Mile High Mountain Village, presented by Bud Light, is free and open to all fans with a game ticket. The main entrance is located at gate 4 and will open at 10:00 a.m.
The area features flat-screen TVs, food and Bud Light specials, and 103.5 FM and 850 KOA live broadcasts. Appearances and autograph opportunities by Cheerleaders, Alumni and Miles the Mascot will begin at 12:30.

GAME DAY DETAILS
National Anthem: Leah Shafer

Color Guard: 7 Groups – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Fire and Police

TIMELINE OF EVENTS - Denver time

12:41 - Players leave the field
12:41 – Stampede/Broncos Fight Song
12:43 – Game Ball Delivery
12:44 – Military Welcome Home
12:47 – Thunderstorm
12:49 – Parade of Colors
12:54 – Patriots introductions
12:56 – Broncos introductions
1:00 – Coin Toss
1:02 – National Anthem
1:04 – Alfred Williams will lead the stadium in a “Go Broncos” cheer
1:05 - Kickoff

•Half-time Entertainment: The Fray

Complimentary Broncos GameDay Magazines (to first 45,000 fans) will be available for Sports Authority Field at Mile High patrons to pick-up at all stadium entrances upon entry.

WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY
Sunny and mild. Morning lows are forecast to be from 28 to 33 degrees, afternoon highs from 55 to 61 degrees

. CHEERLEADERS AND ALUMNI: WEST CLUB LOUNGE
11:15-12:00 - Denver Broncos Cheerleaders: Christina and Toni D.

12:00-12:45 - Denver Broncos Alumni: Randy Gradishar, Gene Mingo, Tom Graham, and Don Horn

Nuts4koi
01-18-2014, 09:33 PM
All Right! It's almost time to get this show on the road. In less than 24 hours we will know who we will be playing in the SB and all the patsy fans will finally get off our board. LET'S GO BRONCOS!! :goz::logo::goz:

FlagOnThePlay
01-18-2014, 09:34 PM
I was looking at Champ Bailey's stats earlier.
This is the first season of his career he has not had an INT.
This cannot continue

Tom make it happen !!

BroncoFanBoy
Also, don't forget about this play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9139DXvNY

EddieMac
Go Broncos.....time to bring the AFC title back to Denver.

JayJack
01-18-2014, 09:37 PM
1 step closer to hoisting the Lombari!!! Let's go fellas!!!

UnitedInOrange
01-18-2014, 09:38 PM
OK DENVER HOME FANS...

Raise hell and wake the dead with that Mile High home field advantage!

Make Brady's ears BLEED every down!

:goz::peace::goz::peace::goz:

HDbroncos02
01-18-2014, 09:51 PM
GO BRONCOS!!! I expect this to be a fight in every aspect of the game! What a great matchup.

We will be without my boy Chris Harris Jr but I have faith that our defense will step up! Malik Jackson and Shaun Phillips will be eating Tom Brady all afternoon!

Knowshon Moreno will have a statement game. Yes, he had a 224 yard performance last time, and I expect him to play at that same level.

And here is one thing against the Patriots we haven't had since 2011: HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE.

Our fans will rally us through 4 quarters!

Broncos 34, Patriots 31

ELWAY421
01-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Let's go out and lay the smack down on that team that we're playing tomorrow on the way to New Jersey!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!:goz:

dsmith275
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM
I am so excited! I can not wait for 1 PM tomorrow. Let's beat the Patriots and go to the super bowl!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

King Lycan
01-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Letsssssssssss go can't wait I got my beers and everything don't think i'll be sleeping tonight

InElwayWeTrust
01-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Go Broncos! :salute:

MarkB
01-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!

assassin216
01-18-2014, 10:04 PM
http://www.thedenveregotist.com/sites/www.thedenveregotist.com/files/images/United-in-Orange_broncos.jpg

andrewmlb
01-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Go Broncos!

Broncoholic JS
01-18-2014, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsHXuM6ah0

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

TIME TO RIDE

Papa-pwn
01-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Denver is going to win comfortably. New England is a good team no doubt, but Denver is the best there is.

ormester
01-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Go Broncos! I will be there and as loud as I can be!:logo:

dandaman23
01-18-2014, 11:01 PM
I cannot wait for this game!!!! 14 more hours!!!

Zanataki
01-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Go Broncos! Get loud for me and my bro in law guys.

Broncoholic JS
01-18-2014, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuhFwuq2F7s

Remember to shake hands after the game Belicheat!!!

Broncoholic JS
01-18-2014, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXumtgwtak

Time to Ride!!!

GoManning
01-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Go Broncos! :logo:

Time to finish them off and get to the Super Bowl!

Fans get loud for our players. They need you.

LegionOfVonDoom
01-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Man i wish I could go to sleep and wake up at 12:59 pm. LOL so excited for this game, lets hope we can pull out a win and go to the ship. Lets go Broncos. Time to Ride.

Frenchy180
01-18-2014, 11:56 PM
It needs to just be time for me to leave for the stadium already...

dandaman23
01-19-2014, 12:02 AM
It needs to just be time for me to leave for the stadium already...

Lucky. Be louder than normal for all of us who can't be there!

Broncoholic JS
01-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Happy Broncos Gameday everyone!!!!!

Broncoholic JS
01-19-2014, 12:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUmVprZ43M

LETS DO THIS!!!!!

Peanut
01-19-2014, 12:13 AM
http://www.thedenveregotist.com/sites/www.thedenveregotist.com/files/images/United-in-Orange_broncos.jpg

We need more orange!

Lucky. Be louder than normal for all of us who can't be there!

I know, right? He was loud last week. I heard him here in MD.

johntbronco
01-19-2014, 12:23 AM
I can't sleep! Too excited for tomorrow! 12 hours and 37 minutes to wait!!! :ugh:

#24 Next Champ
01-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Get LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD when they're on O guys

lm88keys
01-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Thank you ELWAY!!! Your post is correct and to the point. We, as fans, are excited and ready to go...this team is ready to go and will win!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!! As fans, this has been an exceptional year...and it will continue. We are so lucky to have Peyton Manning and he is lucky to have us....WE THE FANS....GO BRONCOS!!!

HurricaneDovs
01-19-2014, 12:59 AM
TIME TO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!

Game Day!!!! Let's go boys! :logo::goz::salute:

notmyname
01-19-2014, 01:05 AM
:logo:

:salute:

johntbronco
01-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Time to Pound away at these Cheatriots. And, when they say uncle, pound some more!

L.M.
01-19-2014, 01:38 AM
I can't sleep! Too excited for tomorrow! 12 hours and 37 minutes to wait!!! :ugh:

I can't either! Hurrrrry upppp clock!!! I'm going NUTS!!! :eek: :smash:

captainbronco
01-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Caaant wait !!!

assassin216
01-19-2014, 02:19 AM

I was about to post the same thing...Its 4 in the morning in Cleveland right now......but Im going to try and get some sleep now though

The anticipation is killing me.....

gaberox
01-19-2014, 02:38 AM
I was about to post the same thing...Its 4 in the morning in Cleveland right now......but Im going to try and get some sleep now though

The anticipation is killing me.....

I cant sleep at all either. At least Im not alone. 10hrs and 20 min to go!

Remedy
01-19-2014, 04:34 AM
Home from work at 5 30 am... after an insanely busy weekend..

Totally wound up after work... and my Broncos play in a precious few hours.... How can anyone expect me to sleep!

Remedy
01-19-2014, 04:36 AM
I cant sleep at all either. At least Im not alone. 10hrs and 20 min to go!

I manage a bar.. I don't normally get home till this hour... and I'm usually so amped up after work I don't get to bed till the sun is up.

Try sleeping with this game waiting for me.

:)

gaberox
01-19-2014, 04:37 AM
Home from work at 5 30 am... after an insanely busy weekend..

Totally wound up after work... and my Broncos play in a precious few hours.... How can anyone expect me to sleep!

Yes glad you here! Ive given up trying to sleep and at this point dont even really want to. I might wana go easy on the beer though cause I want to remember the game lol

Remedy
01-19-2014, 04:44 AM
Yes glad you here! Ive given up trying to sleep and at this point dont even really want to. I might wana go easy on the beer though cause I want to remember the game lol

Tell you what... everyone here is invited over to partake in my home bar.

But bring a strong liver and the craving for strong drink.

gaberox
01-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Tell you what... everyone here is invited over to partake in my home bar.

But bring a strong liver and the craving for strong drink.

If you lived in New Mexico Id be right over. My liver can hold its own Ive been to the Great American Beer Fest in Denver 3 years running. Ive got a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout waiting as a victory beer. 11.2% ABV imperial stout aged in woodford reserve bourbon barrels. Going to be one sweet victory celebration. Got a variety of other goodies to last till then as well.:thumb:

Chillez
01-19-2014, 04:53 AM
I can't sleep tonight. I've tried everything I tell you. This game been on my mind all week long, I got butterflies, stomach aches, nervousness, adrenaline rush, you name it I'm experiencing it. I want this win so damn bad. I've said this numerous but this is the best Broncos team since 97/98 season we have a great opportunity here to win the whole darn thing. As an hardcore Broncos fan this is biggest game since repeat teams in late 90's. Super Bowl or bust. Go Broncos! Please kick the Pats butts along with Brady too. Final score Broncos 34 Patriots 26.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 04:54 AM
Woodford is actually one of my favorite bourbons.

I just opened up a bottle of W.L. Weller 12 tonight for the game today.

Chillez
01-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Anyone else experiencing sleep issues leading up to the game?

Chillez
01-19-2014, 04:58 AM
I'll be back on later. I hope to post in the game thread few times during and after the game. Go Broncos! AFC CHAMPS!!!

Remedy
01-19-2014, 04:58 AM
Anyone else experiencing sleep issues leading up to the game?

I normally experience sleep issues.. given I've worked in a night club setting for nearly 10 years.

haha

Anticipation of a game like this just exasperates it exponentially

Remedy
01-19-2014, 04:59 AM
I'll be back on later. I hope to post in the game thread few times during and after the game. Go Broncos! AFC CHAMPS!!!

I oddly hope that I don't HAVE to post in the thread. hahaha

gaberox
01-19-2014, 05:02 AM
As a college student with no job and classes during the week that start at 3pm im usually up pretty late. However I rarely pull all nighters but im just to pumped and honestly enjoying the excitement. Ive seen every game since the 86 season so I know how special this is. Win or lose just enjoy the ride.

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:03 AM
I normally experience sleep issues.. given I've worked in a night club setting for nearly 10 years.

haha

Anticipation of a game like this just exasperates it exponentially

Wow very nice man. I never knew that. I'd imagine that was fun job for 10 years. Lol

gaberox
01-19-2014, 05:06 AM

Its usually comedic gold but Im gona try to stay away from the laptop during the game as I want to be fully immersed in watching the game. Ive posted in the game day thread way to often this year I just cant help but try in interject some reasonable thinking while everyone is having a meltdown lol.

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:07 AM

How come? A great poster as yourself and good member of the community should always post. Unless to avoid the trolls and all traffic that will happen.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:10 AM
How come? A great poster as yourself and good member of the community should always post. Unless to avoid the trolls and all traffic that will happen.

As a mod.. if I am forced to be posting in the thread.. usually means people are complaining about the sky falling
or it's ripe with trolls... ahaha

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:10 AM
Wow very nice man. I never knew that. I'd imagine that was fun job for 10 years. Lol

it still is. haha

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:14 AM
As a mod.. if I am forced to be posting in the thread.. usually means people are complaining about the sky falling
or it's ripe with trolls... ahaha

Ah yeah I forgot. My bad. I've been little out of sync lately.

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:16 AM
it still is. haha

Do you have a prediction on the game? Let me guess 55-10 Broncos.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Do you have a score prediction on the game? Let me guess 55-10 Broncos.

Denver wins by two scores....

one is set up by a champ interception.

It has to go that way doesn't it.

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:22 AM

Heck yes! This time Champ completes the run for TD. That would be a story book ending. But it won't be complete until the SB trophy is won and John Elway says, "This ones for Champ."

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:24 AM

Close to mine. Broncos win by 7-10 points.

Remedy
Heck yes! This time Champ completes the run for TD. That would be a story book ending. But it won't be complete until the SB trophy is won and John Elway says, "This ones for Champ."

And that all happens the day I celebrate my birthday. ;) Best benefit of having a birthday the first week of feb... I get to celebrate on the Superbowl :salute:

gaberox

If Champ is as healthy as he seems to be I agree. Champ can easily slow down or maybe shut down Amendola or Edelman. DRC can for sure shut down one of those two. That leaves Thompkins, Dobson and Vereen as potential targets. I really think Carter and Webster can handle those WR and Trevethan or Wood should be able to stick on Vereen or their TEs. As long as we stop the run which we have all year and dont fumble we win.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Sigh.... can it be kick off already?

gaberox
01-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Pats fans to this day claim that Champ fumbled the ball through the end zone for a touchback. Its close but ball flew out inside the one. Just like Browns fans still contend Karlis kick in OT of The Drive game was no good lol.

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:30 AM
And that all happens the day I celebrate my birthday. ;) Best benefit of having a birthday the first week of feb... I get to celebrate on the Superbowl :salute:

Now that my friend would be heck of a birthday gift. It don't get munch better than that. Your favorite sports team wins whole thing on or close to your BD. In any event Happy early Birthday! :salute:

How old are you turning?

gaberox
01-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Sigh.... can it be kick off already?

Only 7.5 hrs to go. I think about noon mountain time I will switch from my throwback away Elway jersey to my orange Al Wilson jersey. Wife has the lucky Bronco PJs on drinking wine its good times lol.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Now that my friend would be heck of a birthday gift. It don't get munch better than that. Your favorite sports team wins whole thing on or close to your BD. In any event Happy early Birthday! :salute:

How old are you turning?

31. Almost as old as Jetrazor.. I think he's like 584 or something.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Only 7.5 hrs to go. I think about noon mountain time I will switch from my throwback away Elway jersey to my orange Al Wilson jersey. Wife has the lucky Bronco PJs on drinking wine its good times lol.

I am Busting out my TD jersey.

gaberox
01-19-2014, 05:46 AM
I am Busting out my TD jersey.

Excellent choice. Wife suggested I put on the lucky bronco socks now so we got that going for us lol

Chillez
01-19-2014, 05:49 AM
31. Almost as old as Jetrazor.. I think he's like 584 or something.

Haha.

http://trusoulradio.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mj-laughing.gif

That ain't too bad. 31 is a good number. You're not munch older than me.

Remedy
01-19-2014, 05:54 AM
After the last few days of work i've had I feel about 60....

That being said... my phone is off... it's tossed away downstairs.. i'm meeting the crew in a few hours.. sans cell phone.

Seriously.. so Pumped for tomorrow.

BroncNugRockAvs
01-19-2014, 06:00 AM
Another Sunday and hopefully another Broncos Victory on their way to a SB. GO BRONCOS

RunYouOver
01-19-2014, 07:06 AM
Beyond excited and nervous for the game. Let's do it Denver!!

fraguela09
01-19-2014, 07:20 AM
An Ode To A Beautiful Day:

"BRADY BETTER BE AFRAIDY OF D-R-C & CHAMP BAILEY;

OMAHA! MANNING IS A-PLANNING TO WHIP BELICHICK'S FANNY."

Let's Go BRONC-ohhhs. We own AFC Championship games. I believe we are undefeated when our QB doesn't attempt a left-handed pass.

Don't turn the ball over (and this includes penalties on third downs that result in NE first downs) and we win this game.

The Networks gave us the early game and the weather provided a blessing with the beautiful WX. WIN THIS GAME and it's a free ride on cloud 9 for two weeks.

ELWAY421
01-19-2014, 07:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsHXuM6ah0

Let's Get It!!!!!!! Open up a can of whoop on these chumps...... :goz:

gaberox
01-19-2014, 07:27 AM
An Ode To A Beautiful Day:

"BRADY BETTER BE AFRAIDY OF D-R-C & CHAMP BAILEY;

OMAHA! MANNING IS A-PLANNING TO WHIP BELICHICK'S FANNY."

Let's Go BRONC-ohhhs. We own AFC Championship games. I believe we are undefeated when our QB doesn't attempt a left-handed pass.

Don't turn the ball over (and this includes penalties on third downs that result in NE first downs) and we win this game.

The Networks gave us the early game and the weather provided a blessing with the beautiful WX. WIN THIS GAME and it's a free ride on cloud 9 for two weeks.
Thats what Im talkin bout! Ive never been so happy to see a sunrise without sleeping at all. Either Manning has a huge day through the air or Ball and Moreno gash the Pats and Petyon takes his shots off playaction. Either way we got this. 5.5 hrs to go.

flosstein
01-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Good morning Bronco Country!!!!!!!!!! I am so ready for our guys to kick some Patsie bootay today!!!!!!! Let's get loud and let's get Orange!!!!!!!

2 Minute Warning
01-19-2014, 07:55 AM
GO DENVER!!!!!:td::td::td::td::logo:

Chevrolet
01-19-2014, 07:56 AM
If the Broncos win the coin toss do they take the ball or defer? Same thing with the patriots do they take the ball or the defer?

ELWAY421
01-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Defer as usual, hold the to 0 on the first drive & then go get 7. I like Holiday to take on to the house today if he gets the chance....

bronco30
01-19-2014, 08:03 AM
offense TD's in the red zone, convert high % of 3rd downs, NOOOO turnovers, NO drops, keep PM upright n run it for least 130+yds...

defense stop/slow the run, pass rush, tackle well no YAC yds, create a turnover or 2 n play good red zone defense...

ST's don't allow any big returns..

eliminate our dumb penalties good clean football n hopefully no injuries...

broncoslover115
01-19-2014, 08:03 AM
They are doing a background story on PM on Outside the Lines

Denver Mike
01-19-2014, 08:04 AM
I wouldn't even second guess that. Defer, most definitely There is no telling what the ball game will look like at the second half. And regardless if we're up by 10, or down by 10. I want the ball in Manning's hands to either fix the situation. Or seal the deal.

johntbronco
01-19-2014, 08:06 AM
They are doing a background story on PM on Outside the Lines

I can't watch any more of these pre-game shows! I just want the game to start!

bronco30
01-19-2014, 08:10 AM
‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Denver's motivational guest speaker at its team meeting Saturday night was former Patriots WR Wes Welker, per team officials.

DenverBlood
01-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Always defer. Love that chance to double dip in the half if it comes up. You can really break an opponents backs doing that.

Seems like we haven't successfully done that since early in the season though. And we have had that chance a lot.

Last week we had a scoring drive to finish the half and open the second half. Yet came away with 0 points after both drives.

We really should've put the Chargers to bed early on those.

broncoslover115
01-19-2014, 08:11 AM
I can't watch any more of these pre-game shows! I just want the game to start!

It's actually a beautiful story about his history, rehab and legacy.

Like you, I'm turning off the rest of the shows after this.

samparnell
01-19-2014, 08:13 AM
defer

10 char

FlowdaBroncoFan
01-19-2014, 08:15 AM
In al honesty I take the ball. We need to put up a lead early to take Blount out of the game. Take a lead and male them one dimensional....we win.

broncoslover115
01-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Always defer!

LegionOfVonDoom
01-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Defer as always. I think taking the ball would show a sign of a weakness, since we have not done that all year. Show no fear since we are the better team.

WillTopper
01-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Listening to GAME DAY on streaming KOA, for some NON Biased coverage .... well ok maybe a just little bit biased. ;)

Best quote of the day came off NFL this morning ... I am not even sure who it was because I was listening in the background " Tom Brady and the Patriots WILL win another super bowl , BUT not this year because Denver will win the game today"

Denver Mike
01-19-2014, 08:30 AM
In al honesty I take the ball. We need to put up a lead early to take Blount out of the game. Take a lead and male them one dimensional....we win.

I believe we were up 21-0 when the Patriots beat us last time.

Getting a full head of steam is only going to tire out our guys and potentially even put a false sence of security in their heads. We need to treat this like a game of chess, and make our power moves when necessary. And striking right after the half is always a brilliant move.

I can guarantee if Belichick gets the opportunity to defer.. he will.

bronco30
01-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Listening to GAME DAY on streaming KOA, for some NON Biased coverage .... well ok maybe a just little bit biased. ;)

Best quote of the day came off NFL this morning ... I am not even sure who it was because I was listening in the background " Tom Brady and the Patriots WILL win another super bowl , BUT not this year because Denver will win the game today"

it was the chef they have on who said that I sure hope he is right.....

FlowdaBroncoFan
01-19-2014, 08:39 AM
I believe we were up 21-0 when the Patriots beat us last time.

Getting a full head of steam is only going to tire out our guys and potentially even put a false sence of security in their heads. We need to treat this like a game of chess, and make our power moves when necessary. And striking right after the half is always a brilliant move.

I can guarantee if Belichick gets the opportunity to defer.. he will.
Cant count last time. There were 5 different circumstances.

1. We didnt have JT.
2. It was in NE with bad weather.
3. We didnt have DRC during the comeback.
4. Fox was coaching from the booth.
5. No Champ either.

Not to mention they had Gronk and now they dont.

This is a different game and we need to control the clock and tempo IMO.

bronco30
01-19-2014, 08:49 AM
excited n nervous ohhhhhh lets go broncos....just over 4 hours away...

bronco30
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM
defer do what we've done all year....

EddieMac
01-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Ok, I am going to lay the foundation for how things go today here. This thread is a gameday DISCUSSION thread. NOT a smack thread. There is going to be zero tolerance here today. If someone trolls this thread or has to be dealt with more than once, they are banned until a later date and can be dealt with. It is going to be too busy today to deal with trolls.

This applies to fans of all teams here today....... Don't respond, report ( just made that up :D )

Field
01-19-2014, 09:06 AM

Here is where I scratch my head. HELLO Tom is a great quarterback just like Peyton Manning so there is no such thing as one dimensional lol. Actually I think Tom is the best at dropping back to pass that the NFL has ever seen.. but that's just me and millions of other people. Peyton will have to score early and often which will not be easy with Bill Belichick and his defense.

notmyname
01-19-2014, 09:12 AM
It's basically put up or shut up

BroncoSynapses
01-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Defer, without a doubt!

elecshoc
01-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Go broncos!!!

Peerless
01-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately it's my weekend to work..... :(

I'll try and keep a close eye on the game on my patients TV's. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlowdaBroncoFan
01-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Here is where I scratch my head. HELLO Tom is a great quarterback just like Peyton Manning so there is no such thing as one dimensional lol. Actually I think Tom is the best at dropping back to pass that the NFL has ever seen.. but that's just me and millions of other people. Peyton will have to score early and often which will not be easy with Bill Belichick and his defense.
Did you see Manning at all thos year...let alone in week 12. Denvers O can score early and often as proof from week 12.

Tom is a great QB, no doubt. But there are 52 other players, and across the board Denver has more talent. In the playoffs thats wht wins games. Typically the better team wins, and in my opinion, alomg with over 60% of America, Denver is the better team.

Peerless
01-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Stick with what works: Defer.

gaberox
01-19-2014, 09:21 AM

I'll try and keep a close eye on the game on my patients TV's. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just not right. Respect to you as it sounds as if you will be helping people in need.

broncomommaof3
01-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Defer.....don't deviate from our normal routine.

brianmcfarlane
01-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Always defer at home! The Patriots will if they win the toss.

80stheman
01-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!

one_bad_55
01-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Go BRONCOS!!!!!!!!

one_bad_55
01-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Time to call the National Guard, The Patriots are going down today!!!!!!!

odiesback
01-19-2014, 09:35 AM
cheking-in Broncos Country.
Almost ready for this showdown. Feeling confident that the Broncos will come out
victorious today.

GO BRONCOS! :logo:

80stheman
01-19-2014, 09:37 AM
A :salute: to today's Honorary Team Captain - THE MAN!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130124135321-33-super-bowl-rodsmith-single-image-cut.jpg

FL BRONCO
01-19-2014, 09:39 AM
We have not been to a SB since 97, While I realize some teams have never been, it has been to long for us. May God shine on the Broncos today. I am so edgy right now. Gooooooooooooooo, Bronooooooooooooooooos. I want the Lomabardi and another championship hat for the Mantle.

FL BRONCO
01-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Please no more injuries, no injuries, and pleeeeeeeese noooo more injuries.

FL BRONCO
01-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome back Rod, maybe you should consider coming back as a coatch. Give em a could talk Rod. Lets Go Broncos and kick some patsies but.

coltsman451
01-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Take care of business today.

assassin216
01-19-2014, 09:46 AM
This is going too slow.....

FL BRONCO
01-19-2014, 09:46 AM
........defer

dandaman23
01-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Just about 3 hours to go! Anyone at the stadium yet? How is the atmosphere?

jbones733
01-19-2014, 09:54 AM
they always defer and always will, always smartest move, not sure what pats will do, prob the same

thundercty
01-19-2014, 09:58 AM
OMG can we get the game started already?!!!

Trying to keep busy with cooking and tempted to start drinking but will be strong and wait..... :eek:

Nervous but confident we can win this Broncos Fans!!

Broncos 38
Patsies 28

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvy73e7MCica2OfLn0C-kb13Wf-Pc-hcjyVXj51EhIykmHcrRQ

Jeremyxc
01-19-2014, 10:00 AM
I know most of you were around for the super bowl wins in the 97 and 98 seasons, and also witnessed our super bowl losses but I started being a fan at age 12 in 2001. That means I've never saw our team make it to the super bowl. Today HAS to be the day we do it. Lets get this win! Go Broncos!

BroncoCanuck
01-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Definitely defer. Nothing worse than getting the ball first, going three and out, giving the ball in good position for the opposition, and them scoring right away. Even if NE gets the ball first, marched it down the field and scored, not the end of the world and they get a chance to make up for the possession in the 2nd half.

ERoyal248
01-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Defer, like always.

biglenny
01-19-2014, 10:09 AM
go broncos!!

BroncsSB#3
01-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Defer. Regardless of what happens in the first half, you want to get the ball back to start off the 2nd half and establish momentum for the final half of the game.

I used to defer every time in Madden. I was ahead of all these NFL teams.

Denver Mike
01-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Cant count last time. There were 5 different circumstances.

1. We didnt have JT.
2. It was in NE with bad weather.
3. We didnt have DRC during the comeback.
4. Fox was coaching from the booth.
5. No Champ either.

Not to mention they had Gronk and now they dont.

This is a different game and we need to control the clock and tempo IMO.

I understand your desire to build a lead and win with command. And in any other case that would make the most sence... but against Belichick's Patriots?

Defer man. You just have to. If we risk it and go for the lead. Brady could potentially get a last minute score before the half, get amped and build on it as soon as they are fresh off the break.

Capt. Jack
01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
I am buggin out! We have a great team, let's get it done and go to the SUPER BOWL!

TheGregmeister
01-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Lets go!!! BRONCOS BABY

Letswinplz77
01-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Let me start with this; I will lose my mind if Denver loses. I will throw things, yell, scream, and be unpleasant to be around for a VERY long time. I don't expect this to happen, and I fully expect OUR Denver Broncos to represent tonight.

But goodness gracious are we some spoiled football fans. Not spoiled in the sense we have no appreciation for what we have, spoiled in the sense our cups runneth over. What we are about to witness I can only be grateful for. This is Magic/Byrd, Ali/Frazier, Elway/Montana. AND IT MATTERS. Even in the aftermath of a loss, like we suffered in November, I remind myself that of the thousands to put on pads, I just witnessed TWO of the best EVER, going at it until the clock read 00. I missed Ali/Frazier, and suffered through Tyson and a bunch of nobodies. I caught the prime of Magic/Byrd, then suffered through Jordan and a bunch of nobodies. It is SO rare to have two Titans of the game throwing blows against time and each other, that I sincerely hope we all take a second, just a second, regardless of the outcome of tonight's game (which of course will be an epic Denver Broncos victory), to just appreciate the magnitude of the moment. Twenty years from now kids will talk about this the way my generation spoke of Wilt Chamberlain, and Joe Namath, and Babe Ruth. And we can look them in the eye and tell them the stories as we remember them, not as they were told to us. Very exciting times my friends, very exciting.

We are.......Broncos Country!

GOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rams2050
01-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Good luck, everyone. I can't think of a single Rams' fan who is NOT pulling for you and your team today.

I just hope that your team has the advantage of playing on a level field -- without interference from unknown 'powers-that-be,' the NFL, and the refs.

It's worrisome to know that the Broncos played the Cheats earlier in the year AT FOXBOROUGH where all kinds of shenanigans have been known -- or suspected -- to take place.

I think your team is good enough to beat the Cheats AND whoever else might be angling to take the game away from the Broncos, if, indeed, that is the case. All I know is that the Pats have a long history of shady behavior, and I sure hope that this time everything is on the up and up. Because Broncos fans -- and the TEAM -- deserve to go to the Super Bowl -- and WIN -- after the spectacular year they have had.

Go Get 'Em, Broncos! We're with you all the way!

GOOD LUCK, and I hope your team comes out of this game without any serious injuries!!

ALL THE WAY TO SUPER BOWL VICTORY!

FlowdaBroncoFan
01-19-2014, 10:33 AM
There are a lot of differences between todays matchup and week 12. I will list a couple, and I want you to think of a couple and say how these differences change this game.

1. This game is in Denver
2. We will have JT this time.
They will not have Gronk.
4. Fox will coach from sideline and not in press box.
5. DRC should play entire game.
6. We have Champ, but missing Harris.
7. We are missing Von.

Please tell me how these differences effect the game, and give me a prediction.

rams2050
01-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Hope the Pats didn't do any of their infamous 'taping' when you guys were at Foxborough last. I'm pulling for you and your team. Get 'em good! The Broncos -- and their fans -- deserve a big win here AND in the Super Bowl!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL (except the Cheatriots)!

ERoyal248
01-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Close to mine but Fox wasnt even at the game in NE i believe.

MD23
01-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Here's an interesting question, haha can we borrow Tavon Austin from you guys? But yeah, good luck to your Rams next year, hopefully they can surprise the Seahawks and 49ers and win the West!

dsmith275
01-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Than You!!! Can't wait for kickoff only a couple more hours!!!! Best of luck to your Rams in 2014

Ehveek03
01-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Hope the Pats didn't do any of their infamous 'taping' when you guys were at Foxborough last. I'm pulling for you and your team. Get 'em good! The Broncos -- and their fans -- deserve a big win here AND in the Super Bowl!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL (except the Cheatriots)!

No kidding hu? I wouldn't be surprised if belicheat would pull that again !!!

Ei o Apple
01-19-2014, 10:39 AM
It sure is a great day in Colorado for a broncos win, lets do this!!!

hockey878
01-19-2014, 10:41 AM
our offense gets better (JT is back, Welker was fresh off a concussion)
their offense gets worse (losing gronk is HUGE, especially with our struggles covering TE's)
our defense gets a little worse, but not as much worse as the PATS O. (von struggled this year, harris and champ are almost a wash)

on paper we should win. but we all know game aren't played on paper.

FlowdaBroncoFan
01-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Close to mine but Fox wasnt even at the game in NE i believe.
I thought he coached upstairs?

Papa-pwn
01-19-2014, 10:46 AM
I thought he coached upstairs?

Nope. He was still in the hospital.

Peanut
01-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks, rams2050! Appreciate it!!

heelfaninco
01-19-2014, 10:47 AM
This is such an exciting day. I moved here 12 years ago and over that time i have become the biggest Bronco homer!!! Go Broncos!! United in Orange!! Time to Ride!!!

Motley
01-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks!! That is really cool of you we appreciate the support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

L.M.
01-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks very much! :salute: :logo:

I hope your team has a great FA and draft and gets exactly it needs to take back your division! I feel you're close!

PotatoHead
01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
No kidding hu? I wouldn't be surprised if belicheat would pull that again !!!

He doesn't have to, pats fans do it for him now.

BroncoABQ
01-19-2014, 10:54 AM
We have not lost a game this year with Von on the sidelines. Just saying

BroncoManiac_69
01-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks for hopping on the Orange and Blue train. We certainly have very high expectations and hopes that we will be lifting the Lombardi this season.

Good Luck to the Rams next season. :salute:

Cladyfan
01-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Feels good to be home for this game, even if I refuse to watch. Still, going to enjoy reading about the game live on here, and maybe I'll feel daring enough to listen on the radio.

dandaman23
01-19-2014, 10:56 AM
The anticipation is killing me! I'm hungry but can't eat.

bronco30
01-19-2014, 10:57 AM
clark vs jones & franklin vs rob nico will go along ways in keeping our offense on track n obvisously PM upright...

need play clean game no turnovers no dumb penalties...

JayJack
01-19-2014, 10:59 AM
While there are a lot of differences, 2 things remains the same. 1. Brady owns Manning. 2. The Patriots owns Denver IN RECENT YEARS. My point is, can our players stay strong mentally and not be defeated by history?

BroncoManiac_69
Still 2 hours away...... I'm wearing out the carpet.

:logo:GO BRONCOS!!:logo:

BroncoCanuck
Here's an interesting question, haha can we borrow Tavon Austin from you guys? But yeah, good luck to your Rams next year, hopefully they can surprise the Seahawks and 49ers and win the West!

I think I'd rather borrow Robert Quinn. Our offense is stacked as it is......

NebraskanBronco
01-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Too freakin jacked! LEGO

BroncoABQ
01-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Brady has a losing record against the Broncos.

Doogansquest
We have not lost a game this year with Von on the sidelines. Just saying

It's not like we won those games because he wasn't there. Von was also pretty huge in building that 24 point halftime lead in the last meeting with New England. Were he not strangled all 2nd half, at least one of the Patriots comeback touchdowns never happens.

rams2050
Just remember the Cleveland-Cheats game: Brady made up, what? 20 points in the last 2 or 3 minutes??

Worry. Worry much.

I still think the Broncos can do it. They HAVE to do it. For my mental health, if nothing else.:D

Justblaze2729
Watching knowshon walk towards the locker rooms on nfl countdown got me really excited. Couple of hours. Can't wait!!

bronco30
thanks rams2050 hopefully we get it done.....

odiesback
Two hours away for kickoff...better find some lunch before can no longer eat till tonight

Elway
I am so much calmer than last week, maybe I just fried my nerves vs the Chargers.... Get the W and send Brady packing Denver!

Doogansquest
01-19-2014, 11:04 AM
While there are a lot of differences, 2 things remains the same. 1. Brady owns Manning. 2. The Patriots owns Denver. My point is, can our players stay strong mentally and not be defeated by history?

How does Brady own Manning? Is he calling the defense against him? Is Manning playing defense against Brady? Is it because of Brady that 10 of their meetings have been in Foxborough?

Justblaze2729
01-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Biggest difference is 60 degrees.

dandaman23
Everyone turn on CBS. They are having a special about the 4 teams left and their journeys to get to this point. The opening got me even more pumped up for this game.

JayJack
Brady has a losing record against the Broncos.

Recent years.

Nuts4koi
I am exited to get the game going, but I'm not nervous at all. I have total confidence in this team. I have no doubts they have their eyes on the prize. Just think, in two weeks we hoist the Lombardi for the third time. :goz:

rams2050
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Thank YOU for all the good wishes for MY team. That's what I have always liked about Broncos' fans: you are classy, classy, classy -- just like your organization, from the top on down. Like I said, you and your team DESERVE to win after the unbelievable season your guys had. I cannot WAIT to see Peyton, John Fox, and John Elway -- and the rest of the team -- hoist the Lombardi Trophy this year!

GO BRONCOS!

JayJack
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
How does Brady own Manning? Is he calling the defense against him? Is Manning playing defense against Brady? Is it because of Brady that 10 of their meetings have been in Foxborough?

I get your point. But it's still looked at as Brady and Belichick owns Manning.

BroncoManiac_69
01-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Everyone turn on CBS. They are having a special about the 4 teams left and their journeys to get to this point. The opening got me even more pumped up for this game.

I've been flipping back and forth ESPN and NFLN. Haven't gone to CBS yet. :laugh:

bronco30
01-19-2014, 11:08 AM
our wr's/te's must win the press coverage & hopefully on D we change it up at times n press their wr's...

holy crap im nervous

BroncoCanuck
01-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Biggest difference is 60 degrees.

Couldn't agree more. Even Manning looked like he wanted to get out of there. Didn't look like he was at all comfortable jogging out in overtime with the big jacket on lol.

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanx man !

Love Ogletree btw, hows he doing ?

I wanted Denver to take him but Sly has done well too

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:11 AM
The keys to the game IMO will be RZ offense and defense and tackling.

If we give up a catch to Edelman or Amendola then no biggie, but TACKLE them. They get so many YAC, we need to limit that

58_VONDOOM_92
01-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Already close to 60 degrees here. Will be close to 70 by gametime

Go broncos!

FlowdaBroncoFan
01-19-2014, 11:13 AM
One of the biggest swings is they lose Gronk and we gain JT.

bronco30
01-19-2014, 11:15 AM
well w/ weather being a non factor unlike last game its going to come down to which Defense can make couple key stops and or create turnovers...

chrissy rules
Thank you rams2050 !!!!!!!!! Good luck to you all next year...got to love some coach Fisher

one_bad_55
The weather is PERFECT for football. Peyton can light them up today and the receivers won't drop the ice cubes this time around.

Big win for the Broncos today.........45-28

L.M.
01-19-2014, 11:16 AM
‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Denver's motivational guest speaker at its team meeting Saturday night was former Patriots WR Wes Welker, per team officials.

Adam (who used to be the Denver Post's lead sportswriter) picked the Patsies. Traitor!

cormbred
01-19-2014, 11:18 AM
go broncos!

AdamWeberOrBust
01-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks!

Gotta dig those Rams!

L.M.
01-19-2014, 11:20 AM
a :salute: To today's honorary team captain - the man!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130124135321-33-super-bowl-rodsmith-single-image-cut.jpg

in rod we trust!

one5beast
01-19-2014, 11:21 AM
thanks man! I've always kept an eye on how the Rams are doing (my uncle and cousins are rams fans). I probably still have my Faulk jersey somewhere around here from when I was a kid.

Anyways good luck with the rams. hopefully you guys have a good offseason get some good players with those 2 first round picks and beat 49ers and Seahawks next season.

bronco30
01-19-2014, 11:22 AM
lets goooooooooooo broncossssssssss!!!!!!!!

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:25 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fans-United-in-Orange/fcd08db9-6eed-416f-9f73-9a8a3207e03d

UNITED IN ORANGE :logo:

assassin216
01-19-2014, 11:26 AM
It seems like alot of people are underestimating our pass rush....

one_bad_55
01-19-2014, 11:28 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fans-United-in-Orange/fcd08db9-6eed-416f-9f73-9a8a3207e03d

That will get you fired up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie7
01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
iF THE DEFENSE PLAYS LIKE HOW IT DID VS sd we sHOULD WIN THIS GAME EASILY

JayJack
01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Ray Lewis has on a Navy Blue suit, white shirt and orange tie!!

thundercty
01-19-2014, 11:31 AM

Great compilation!! Thanks for sharing!! :goz:

GO BRONCOS!!!!

JaysusCutler
Thank YOU for all the good wishes for MY team. That's what I have always liked about Broncos' fans: you are classy, classy, classy -- just like your organization, from the top on down. Like I said, you and your team DESERVE to win after the unbelievable season your guys had. I cannot WAIT to see Peyton, John Fox, and John Elway -- and the rest of the team -- hoist the Lombardi Trophy this year!

GO BRONCOS!

Someone get a mop in here...

EddieMac

was just going to post this....... How can I hate that guy today?

Justblaze2729
01-19-2014, 11:34 AM
was just going to post this....... How can I hate that guy today?

I'm sure somebody will find a reason to.

cormbred
01-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Go Broncos! Get loud for me and my bro in law guys.

+1000. Loud and Proud!

Peanut
01-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Ok, I am going to lay the foundation for how things go today here. This thread is a gameday DISCUSSION thread. NOT a smack thread. There is going to be zero tolerance here today. If someone trolls this thread or has to be dealt with more than once, they are banned until a later date and can be dealt with. It is going to be too busy today to deal with trolls.

This applies to fans of all teams here today....... Don't respond, report ( just made that up :D )

In case anyone missed this.

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Who remembers this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z5Hl0ZzWYE

LegionOfVonDoom
01-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Who remembers this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z5Hl0ZzWYE

I was there for it live. One of my favorite moments ever at a sporting event.

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:40 AM
In case anyone missed this.

Don't want to tell anyone how to do their job but IMO you should just ban the 3-4 NE fans who post smack every thread in every section (brocklesnar springs to mind) and just troll.

Being a Broncos forum and a Broncos game thread and a huge game emotions will run high as they should, but if you get a few NE trolls start posting inflammatory remarks then all hell will break loose.

JMO anyway

ERoyal248
01-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Thompkins inactive for NE, Dobson active.

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:41 AM
I was there for it live. One of my favorite moments ever at a sporting event.

Wish I was there, was amazing to watch.

broncoslover115
Thanks for the support. Very appreciated!

ERoyal248
Hillman, Dysert, Cole, Fua, Kuper, Justice, Dreessen inactive for Denver.

Broncoyearound
01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Curious, anyone know the officials for today?

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Thompkins inactive for NE, Dobson active.

Helps them, but not sure how good he will be on his first game back from a foot injury, and not done much since week 9.

Thompkins being out helps. Not as fast as Dobson but better hands and a more rounded receiver

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Hillman, Dysert, Cole, Fua, Kuper, Justice, Dreessen inactive for Denver.

No surprises there

broncoslover115
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
While there are a lot of differences, 2 things remains the same. 1. Brady owns Manning. 2. The Patriots owns Denver. My point is, can our players stay strong mentally and not be defeated by history?

Actually, the Broncos have "owned" the Patriots for years.

King Lycan
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
I wonder how DT is going to fair I hope he isn't slowed down by it :salute:

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Curious, anyone know the officials for today?

Tony Corrente

the0rangecrush
01-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Matthews was active as well last week, Dobson could be there to simulate a deep threat. How effective will he be is the real question.

JayJack
01-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Actually, the Broncos have "owned" the Patriots for years.

I said recently to another poster. Guess i'll go back and edit my post......

58_VONDOOM_92
01-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Vic Lombardi just said DT will start but not 100 percent

Broncoyearound
01-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks man

bronx_2003
I think Brady is 2-4 against Denver IN Denver

one_bad_55
Vic Lambardi just said DT will start but not 100 percent

How did DT hurt his calf? I sure hope they are just playing mind games and not serious.

King Lycan
01-19-2014, 11:49 AM
How did DT hurt his calf? I sure hope they are just playing mind games and not serious.

I believe it happened on Wednesday @ practice. :sad:

Capt Veg
01-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Aussie, former Denver resident of 2 years now living in Germany getting AMPED for the game. Missing all my Denver friends who will be watching . Wish I was there to get the orange army home . Ill be watching on NFL game pass here in Germany . GO BRONCOS!

NateCohen
01-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Jordan and a bunch of nobodies? That might be the most talent we have ever seen in the NBA during his time in the NBA.
Sorry to go off topic.

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Surprised Soopoaga is inactive for them, I thought he was their best DT

chrissy rules
01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Aussie, former Denver resident of 2 years now living in Germany getting AMPED for the game. Missing all my Denver friends who will be watching . Wish I was there to get the orange army home . Ill be watching on NFL game pass here in Germany . GO BRONCOS!
wow that's really cool :goz::logo:

JaysusCutler
01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
DT not 100%? We need all hands on deck today, he's got to gut one out for us. We all know he can show up in big games.

jgod654
01-19-2014, 11:55 AM
I just have a bad feeling the he will torch us tonight. DRC will take out Edelmann, Champ should move to the other side and that leaves Amendola against Tony Carter or Quentin Jammer in the slot...

If I was Brady I would be looking his way all night...

Alameda02
They've been posted.

http://www.nfl.com/inactives

New England
OG Chris Barker
LB Steve Beauharnals
DE Jake Bequette
DB Justin Green
DT Isaac Sopoaga
WR Kenbrell Thompkins
TE DJ Williams

Denver
CB Marquice Cole
TE Joel Dreessen
QB Zac Dysert
OG Sione Fua
RB Ronnie Hillman
OG Chris Kuper
OT Vinston Painter

cormbred
Don't want to tell anyone how to do their job but IMO you should just ban the 3-4 NE fans who post smack every thread in every section (brocklesnar springs to mind) and just troll.

Being a Broncos forum and a Broncos game thread and a huge game emotions will run high as they should, but if you get a few NE trolls start posting inflammatory remarks then all hell will break loose.

JMO anyway

We cannot stop them from babbling. :smash: Trash talk is all they have. WE all know how to click on the X to exit if it gets too terrible. You will have no problem from me.

L.M.
01-19-2014, 11:59 AM

After Manning showed a TON of class congratulating him in the locker room last year, I'm not surprised!

I guess I can take a day off from disliking him! :goz:

roushmartin6
01-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Oh Ronnie, you are going to have to work hard next year.....

chrissy rules
01-19-2014, 12:00 PM
is this bad for us ? or worse for them ?

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Everyone seems to agree that this running talk is a smoke screen and that Brady will come out slinging it

broncoslover115

Aren't you catching Tom Brady's sniffles? I heard it was going around. Just kidding. :laugh:

Cookenbauer
Defer. The stadium will be going insane. You want that carrying into the first defensive series....not quiet down for manning haha

JayJack
01-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Sione Fua, OG?!?

L.M.
01-19-2014, 12:04 PM

No, coach Fox listed that and as probable in the last presser.

Let's hope he's okay and 100% today and it doesn't slow him down!

HurricaneDovs
01-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Less than an hour now. Man I am getting so friggin pumped!

roushmartin6
Sione Fua, OG?!?

Didn't realize our depth had been that depleted lol

Justblaze2729
I've been deferring in madden since like 06. Why did it take so long for NFL teams to catch up.

You can erase a 14 point deficit without needing a defensive stop.

EvanChase
01-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Amendola is made of glass. The dude is soft. Not worried.

JayJack
01-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Didn't realize our depth had been that depleted lol

Looking at the one that Fox fills out, it has Fua listed as DL. I guess NFL.com has him as OL since the Panthers moved him to OL.

Orange Death
01-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Less than an hour now. Man I am getting so friggin pumped!

My stomach feels like it's in my throat.

roushmartin6
01-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Looking at the one that Fox fills out, it has Fua listed as DL. I guess NFL.com has him as OL since the Panthers moved him to OL.

Yea its a mistake on their part, Fua has been a defensive tackle for us in the very few games he has been active.

assassin216
01-19-2014, 12:11 PM
My stomach feels like it's in my throat.

I know the feeling... :laugh:

ERoyal248
01-19-2014, 12:11 PM
is this bad for us ? or worse for them ?

None of those are a surprise for Den.

Thompkins out may hurt them a little.

rush_limbaughII
01-19-2014, 12:12 PM
I see play action deep throw at the very beginning. I think Brady is going to throw a lot to setup the run since our defense will be focussed on stopping Blount first.

bronx_2003
01-19-2014, 12:12 PM
I wonder why these 2 are out -

DE Jake Bequette, DT Isaac Sopoaga

On the Pats board they really like Bequette and I thought Sopoaga was one of their best DT's

Alameda02
01-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Yea its a mistake on their part, Fua has been a defensive tackle for us in the very few games he has been active.

Yea, I went and looked on the NFL.com profile and it listed him as a guard, so I just left it. I knew that wasn't right though.