PDA

View Full Version : Official Game day thread: Week 13 2004 Broncos vs Chargers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

DenverFanInGB
11-29-2004, 07:10 AM
This game is really important for us now. We could either take the division lead (we'd be tied, but have the tiebreaker over San Diego) or we could **shudder** go 2 games down in the division. That's why we need this game. Our backs will be against the wall so we'll see the true character of this team.

San Diego's offense has a lot of weapons, but we've always done good against LT and the run, so it'll be up to Drew Brees to beat us. We just need to pressure him and get him to make mistakes.

The last game we won with NO running game. Hopefully that'll be different with Reuben this time and Jake has been solid lately.

So lets get out and cheer our A$$es off for this game and take the West back!!

Go Broncos!!!!!

muse
11-29-2004, 07:12 AM
We need LB, corner and safety blitzes. COllins was too comfortable in most of yesterday's game.

JrtheFreak
11-29-2004, 07:29 AM
This is the make or break game.

DenverFanInGB
11-29-2004, 09:19 PM
I also think that we should have Champ on Antonio Gates for some plays, kind of like what we did with Gonzo in the Chiefs game.

Their D is good against the run, but last time we didn't have Reuben at RB. But their pass D is very bad, so Jake should have another big game against them.

communist
11-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Bailey should cover Gates at all times... he is their number 1 WR... I know he is not a WR, but he is Brees fav target...

super_boltz
11-30-2004, 03:42 AM
The chargers are going to beat up an already hurting denver team coming off a tough game and into san diego where the crowd will be nuts and the chargers havent scored under 34 since week 2 at home. Denver will be lucky to keep it within 10

OrangeShadow
11-30-2004, 04:20 AM
and we havent allowed LT to rush for a 100 yards aganist us in a very long time. in fact he averages 50.1 yards against us. take LT out and your done i dont care about brees,gates,mccardell LT out=you out

BoltsOwnU
11-30-2004, 04:41 AM
and we havent allowed LT to rush for a 100 yards aganist us in a very long time. in fact he averages 50.1 yards against us. take LT out and your done i dont care about brees,gates,mccardell LT out=you out

Nice post! No really, have you watched any games this season?!? You really buy this? LOL cool, hope Shanarat thinks the same thing. We're 7 wins of the last 8 games with LT injured. He's almost 100 percent for the last two games but we've been winning games, nay dominating games, where he averages well under 100 yards per game.

Pay attention!

Broncos are getting owned on Sunday, period.

IrishBroncofan
11-30-2004, 04:54 AM
This is gonna be the closest game either will play in the regular season. At the start of the year I was Baileys biggest fan and ecstatic that we got him. But poor showings against Chad Johnson and Jerry Porter (for gods sake!) have damaged my confidence in Champ. He HAS TO bring his A game or Brees will have a big game. Denver does seem to have LT's number and we really are the best team in the league for stopping him so it'll come down to Brees and Champ and the Denver secondary. That'll decide who wins this one

JHoward
11-30-2004, 07:56 AM
it'll come down to Brees and Champ and the Denver secondary. That'll decide who wins this one

I think you hit it on the head IrishBroncoFan although something tells me we better not underestimate LT. We cant allow him to get loose either. Our secondary will need to step up and have the game of a lifetime, a game as if we were facing Peyton and the colts. We have to get to the quarterback this game.

bklynbronco
11-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Tomlinson is not having his usual dominating year. The Chargers seem to be more than just him this season. Go ahead and ignore everyone else and key on Tomlinson. You lose....

you have to key on LT. are you kidding me? every team that play the chargers always key on LT. he is thier best offensive weapon. if we start to lose because thier TE goes off then the defense will have to make changes but when you come into a game against the chargers the 1st key is stopping LT. denver's key is that thier offense has to get out to a early lead and take LT out of the offense and then concentrate on the pass defense better than they did last sunday. A player like LT can take over a game and make the passing game that much more efficient. he has to be stopped first then you slow down brees.

jjbadd
11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
(A) dont overlook the new LT....(B) dont count on Champ to do all the coverin////we could use the others in the secondary.....but most importantly dont let brees stand back and see all his targets...McCardell is a sneaky WR. And for the guy that started this thread....hats off to one of my fav QBs in the league there in GB.

broncosfan247
11-30-2004, 03:10 PM
I think Spragan has the speed to cover Gates. I say he stays on him like flies on **it. And maybe even double cover him with Lynch and Spragan, while Wilson and DJ blitz the hell out of Brees and tackling LT in the backfield as much as possible. McCardell is a sneaky WR, but he doesn't have the speed that he use to, so I can't see Champ really getting beat deep this game (or atleast I hope not).

DanFouts
11-30-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm of the opinion that you need to go right at and attack players like Champ Bailey. So many times by shying away you're eliminating half the field or one of your big weapons. You need to make him make plays. The Bengals and Raiders did it and I think we should try it. Whether or not we're successful, remains to be seen.

Bronx84
11-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm of the opinion that you need to go right at and attack players like Champ Bailey. So many times by shying away you're eliminating half the field or one of your big weapons. You need to make him make plays. The Bengals and Raiders did it and I think we should try it. Whether or not we're successful, remains to be seen.
The thing is I play goalie in hockey and wen I dont get alot of shots I get rusty smae with Champ I think he needs more passes his way.

jjbadd
11-30-2004, 03:43 PM
I watched John Elway Obliviate Dieon in route to their first SB win.....You have few vets in that position right now. Brees however has a tight end that is tuff so count on the LBs in most of that coverage. The only chance denver has is to presssure the QB...stop LT which they are good against (the run)...but most importantly put air under the ball early and often with Watts and Lelie (Rod will be doubled prolly). Al Wilson needs to bring the heat and i think DJ williams (rookie of the year) can contain Gates most of the time. Also if the passing dont work...pray droughns can hold on to the ball and keep SD offense off the field.

kotong
11-30-2004, 03:45 PM
I think Spragan has the speed to cover Gates. I say he stays on him like flies on **it. And maybe even double cover him with Lynch and Spragan, while Wilson and DJ blitz the hell out of Brees and tackling LT in the backfield as much as possible. McCardell is a sneaky WR, but he doesn't have the speed that he use to, so I can't see Champ really getting beat deep this game (or atleast I hope not).

---------------------------------------------------

You probably haven't been following the Bolts lately, but Brees has only officially been touched twice in 6 games; and no one can cover Antonio, even doubloe coverage. If you do double him, then who's going to account for Keenan or Parker? Tsk-tsk, dilemma there for your DC.

Good luck to all your opponents after Sunday.

Final score: Bolts 27 - Donks 10

broncosfan247
11-30-2004, 03:52 PM
---------------------------------------------------

You probably haven't been following the Bolts lately, but Brees has only officially been touched twice in 6 games; and no one can cover Antonio, even doubloe coverage. If you do double him, then who's going to account for Keenan or Parker? Tsk-tsk, dilemma there for your DC.

Good luck to all your opponents after Sunday.

Final score: Bolts 27 - Donks 10

You didn't read my whole quote then. I think Champ CAN cover Keenan and Herdon has been stepping up in coverage and I think he can handle Parker just fine. And I said DJ and Al should blitz the hell out of Brees so he doesn't have all day long to find the open guy. I think the only way the Chargers win this game is if they spread out their offense with 3-4 WR sets. Problem then, LT won't stand a chance in hell to produce against our defense. And you say nobody can cover Antonio? You guys also haven't played against a defense that has the speed like the Broncos.

This is gonna be a shoot out from the start, but I still think Plummer is gonna slaughter the Dolts secondary. 350+ yards and 4 TD's.

Broncos 31-Dolts 21

Hitman37
11-30-2004, 04:13 PM
You didn't read my whole quote then. I think Champ CAN cover Keenan and Herdon has been stepping up in coverage and I think he can handle Parker just fine. And I said DJ and Al should blitz the hell out of Brees so he doesn't have all day long to find the open guy. I think the only way the Chargers win this game is if they spread out their offense with 3-4 WR sets. Problem then, LT won't stand a chance in hell to produce against our defense. And you say nobody can cover Antonio? You guys also haven't played against a defense that has the speed like the Broncos.

This is gonna be a shoot out from the start, but I still think Plummer is gonna slaughter the Dolts secondary. 350+ yards and 4 TD's.

Broncos 31-Dolts 21

Where I can be the first to admit that the Broncos D will be tough to go against, there is a slight flaw in what you're thinking. We can and have lined up in 3-4 WR sets. Where we pose problems for other teams in that situation is that LT was the 3rd or 4th receiver. Should we have to get into a shootout with the Broncos don't be surprised to see LT lining up wide.

Obviously, both sides are going to pull for their team, but I'm a realist. I don't think there's going to a blowout either way. We have a more balanced offense than you think, but I think your defense is better than ours as a whole. I see a close game with the victors benefitting from a big play or turnover.

BroncoManiac_69
11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
I see a close game with the victors benefitting from a big play or turnover.

I agree and I havn't called a score for this one either, but I do believe it will be a shootout (not like Cincy-Cleveland) but high scoring with Jason making the winning field goal this week with no time for the Bolts to answer.

Ok

34 Broncos
31 Bolts

Hitman37
11-30-2004, 04:32 PM
I agree and I havn't called a score for this one either, but I do believe it will be a shootout (not like Cincy-Cleveland) but high scoring with Jason making the winning field goal this week with no time for the Bolts to answer.

Ok

34 Broncos
31 Bolts

I can respect that and hope it will go the other way. I just posted this on another thread on this board.

"Ok, let me sack up and stop riding the fence. If I were to call the score, I'd go with the Vegas line...Bolts by 3. We haven't been here in 10 years, we're hungry, off a high from the KC win, and we're playing at home. The disclaimer is though "any given Sunday" and even moreso against AFC West rivals."

DenverFanInGB
11-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Looks like there is a lot of talk going on about this game. It's only Tuesday and i'm already sick of hearing it. I just wish the game could start right now, but Sunday will come.

It should be a close game and hopefully it'll be injury free for both teams. :cheers:

And jjbadd, on Monday the state of Wisconsin proclaimed it "Brett Favre Day". Too bad we couldn't get off of work or something.

Oh yeah, and seeing how the Bronco game will be a later game i won't get it on TV out here because the Packers play a later game too. Oh well, i guess I'll have to take a trip out to the local establishment and be surrounded by drunken cheeseheads!!

DenverFanInGB
11-30-2004, 09:54 PM
This was on Yahoo sports, kind of interesting.

"Denver safety John Lynch told the San Diego Union-Tribune on Monday that the Broncos don't intend to alter their approach just to account for Chargers tight end Antonio Gates. "I think sometimes teams go wrong in trying to completely change their scheme to stop one guy," he said. "It opens up a lot of other things. I think we just have to do what we do and do it well. Obviously, we have to be aware of where he is at all times." Lynch said that safety Kenoy Kennedy would often be matched up with Gates.

The Broncos did a better job on Gates than anyone has all season, holding him to a season-low 30 yards on four catches. That was way back in week three, however, and Gates hasn't been held under 60 yards or five catches since. Only two teams have kept him out of the end zone since that game, and he's scored multiple touchdowns in half of those contests. We have a hard time believing that Denver won't alter their schemes slightly, especially since we saw cover corner Champ Bailey on Tony Gonzalez in week one."

periblepsis
11-30-2004, 10:21 PM
*** Spoiler ***

I'm back with spoilers for the remaining games of the season. These spoilers are very accurate (check last year's posts), so don't read them if you want to be surprised at the outcome. Anyhow, on to the spoiler for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

This game is scheduled for a win by at least a touch down: it is tenatively set at 14+. It will signal a slight downward spiral for the Chargers, who will lose this game, and the game against Tampa Bay in the following week. Despite these turn of events, the Chargers are suppose to make the playoffs this season.

jjbadd
11-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Marty is bad about slippin in the second half of the season and the Broncos are a curse to him first with Cleveland, KC, and the Broncos seem to be better on the road lately. It will be interesting game but one Id hate to bet money on.

Android
11-30-2004, 11:56 PM
All Denver has to do is keep the ball away from Brees. Plain and simple, Run the freakin ball down their throat and control the clock! Let LT get his yards, but they have to shut down Brees! The only team that can beat the broncos are the broncos themselves.

PAINTERDAVE
12-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Well, it is the game of the season now. For Broncs, this loss would dash hopes of a postseason appearance.

I guess we gonna see what kinda team we got here. They gonna stand up and take charge, kick some booty and make a statement? Hope so.

If the Broncs barely squeak out a tiny little win with a field goal in the last 2 seconds, or by barely stopping a Charger kick same same, why... then we gonna know who we got, and that would be a team that aint got what it takes to face the Patriots or the Jets.

However, if the Denver boys, who have their backs up against the wall, ride up and dominate the line - ON BOTH SIDES - then we gonna see that.

I heard a reporter ask Shanny if this team has what it takes. Shanny said - "We'll see, won't we?"

I appreciate the hell out of you guys analyzing this matchup and that one, who should cover who, and so on. The bottom line is...we gonna see who wants it more, aint we?

This game is huge for both squads.
They both know the score.
This is what they live for.

As fans, it seldom gets bigger than this. We will all be glued to the screen. Can you imagine a friend coming over, and in the middle of the 2nd quarter he starts to tell you about some problem he is having at work?

That is how we get the reputation of being insensitive.
Really it is that dude who fails to understand the crucial minutes that will be ticking away on Sunday afternoon. As he complains to my wife in the kitchen that I was short with him, that I do not understand what he is going through...
She will tell him to shut the hell up and watch the damn game!

This game is huge!

GOOOO BRONCOOOOOOS!

GIVEME6
12-01-2004, 12:43 AM
If we can limit Antonio Gates production, we will severely hamper the Bolts offense. If we can mix in some good coverages with some effective blitzes, Brees will be forced to throw downfield and I like our CBs on their WRs better than I like our LBs on Gates. I think Brees will panic if he sees a rush coming at him and Gates covered. He won't know what to do, and maybe we'll get some sacks.

We always seem to do a great job against the run when we play SD, but I wanna see our front four generate a better pass rush than what they did against Oakland. Sammy Davis is done for the season, so one of their starting CBs is out. That should let Lelie or Smith get deep for some big gains.
I worry about the 3-4 defense the Bolts use though. It will limit Jake's rollouts, and we'll need to pound the ball inside all game long. I will be holding my breath all game long Sunday. Please BRONCOS, get it together.

Mile High Jedi
12-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Well, it is the game of the season now. For Broncs, this loss would dash hopes of a postseason appearance.

I guess we gonna see what kinda team we got here. They gonna stand up and take charge, kick some booty and make a statement? Hope so.

If the Broncs barely squeak out a tiny little win with a field goal in the last 2 seconds, or by barely stopping a Charger kick same same, why... then we gonna know who we got, and that would be a team that aint got what it takes to face the Patriots or the Jets.

However, if the Denver boys, who have their backs up against the wall, ride up and dominate the line - ON BOTH SIDES - then we gonna see that.

I heard a reporter ask Shanny if this team has what it takes. Shanny said - "We'll see, won't we?"...

I hear ya DAVE,
I'm looking for nothing less than a solid victory from Denver- by 10 at least.
Anything less, and the playoffs look bleak for the Broncos win or lose.

Heck, if the Eagles can clinch their division by week 12, we can certainly see if Denver's got what it takes to make a strong showing in the playoffs by week 13.

I hope Champ took the Raider loss personally, it's time he stepped up and showed the division why Denver put forth the effort to get him.
I'd take my Chrismas present early and hope for a miraculous recovery for the sackmaster, Trevor Pryce, but this team should have what it takes to win this kind of game without him.

Hey Mr. DJ, please give us your best game of the season this Sunday!

If Denver is a Superbowl contender this year, then they WILL contain the Charger Offense, and their Defense should not be able to keep up.

24-10 Broncos... that'll work.
Let's see how unrealistic that is on Sunday.

But I do think the COOLEST thing about this game is watching Denver and SD slug it out for the Division while Oakland and KC are where they should be, battling for self-respect :laugh:

PAINTERDAVE
12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Yaba!

However, I never dreamed the Chargers would do this. Not in a million years. As an NFL fan I am happily surprised at their success. As a Bronco fan, I am ashamed to admit I was rooting for the Chiefs last week. The SD/KC game was nearly as close as ours was. I remember thinking, hell, if the Chargers lose, the pressure is off, maybe Denver lets up the hammer on the horde. When the Chargers won, I gained confidence, sure that the team would step up to the obvious challenge, and not fall into the trap like Cincinnatti. I was horror struck to see my beloved Broncos blow an 11 point 4th quarter lead. In particular, I was dismayed at the conservative play calling on the last 2 possessions. I fully expect some ingenuity Sunday on the part of the coaching staff.

Again, Kudos to the Chargers! I never dreamed they would be competitive this season. Time to teach 'em a lesson in humility.

GOOOOOOOO BROONCOOOOS!

OrangeShadow
12-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Coyer better scheme his ass off

confuse brees with different looks and make him uncomforatable. Generate a pass rush(hint use chucky!!!!!!!) make recievers pay when coming over the middle.

i want to see lynch lay out gates like he did hall

if we can get pressure and force even 2 turnovers we will win. and reub must hold onto the football

BoltsOwnU
12-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Coyer better scheme his ass off

confuse brees with different looks and make him uncomforatable. Generate a pass rush(hint use chucky!!!!!!!) make recievers pay when coming over the middle.

i want to see lynch lay out gates like he did hall

if we can get pressure and force even 2 turnovers we will win. and reub must hold onto the football

LOL only way Lynch lays out Gates is if he gets a lucky blindside hit, otherwise Gates is big and strong enough to manhandle Lynch like a little girl.

Turnovers are your only chance, and it just won't happen.

ChopBlockBronco
12-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Match up problem with Gates and MCcardell for sure. Sure try to stop LT but our O-line now at full strength will manhandle your D-line. Also if you TRY to stop Gates by double teaming him then you are in for a long day....so far no one has been able to.

As for Champ what a freakin bust of a trade for Portis.

Doesn't look good for the Donks especially after losingat home in the SNOW.
It was an early Xmas gift from those Raiders......

We will finish off your season and enjoy doing it in our yard.........

The Orange Crush is the now the ORANGE BLUSH

My prediction is
LT=100+yards
Gates=7+ catches for 100+yards
Brees 2TD tosses and 200 yards passing
Chargers 31 Donks 14

GO BOLTZ!undefinedundefined

NZrichy
12-02-2004, 03:05 AM
Gates is the man, he's surely going to get 1000 yards and 15 td's, thats unbelievable for a TE!

I'm glad the Chargers are playing so well, at the start of the season I said they would be a playoff team NEXT year, theyre proving me wrong!

This is going to be a great game.

I think there will be match up problems with Gates and Mcardell and LT all major receiving threats but if the pass rush can disrupt Brees then those guys can be contained.

IF the pass rush works.

I'm picking the Broncos to bounce back after the L last week. 21-17

BroncoKen
12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
As a die hard Bronco fan who has been born and raised in San Diego this has been an intersting week for me. I never thought our season would come down to a battle against the Chargers to decide our fate for the entire year. God knows I am nervous as hell and by reading the other posts I am sure everyone else feels the same way. All I can say friends, is keep the faith and believe.
Something is telling me that although the Chargers are playing good football our squad will answer this challenge and silence all these damn bandwagoners who are riding the powder blue wagon. It was funny that in early Septemeber the stores locally were giving away Charger merchandise and you couldn'y pay people to wear a Brees jersey around town. Now everyone swears this is the second coming of Fouts and Winslow and the Bolts of the past are suddenly reborn. Are the Chargers playing good? Yes.........BUT, they still are the San Diego Chargers and until they win a ring or hell even get to the freakin playoffs I refuse to act like they have done a damn thing. It was only 10 years ago Bolt fans that Jerry Rice was screaming down the middle of the field past Darrien Carrington and believe me those are the only picutres in my mind of your NFL sucess unlike some of us in the West who actually win rings.
To hell with it. Im calling my shot. Broncos 31- Chargers 21. I hope all you Bolts fans read this and show up here on Monday to hear my wrath after we whoop that ass. I will be sitting in the East end zone of what I affectionately call Mile High West/ Qualcolm Stadium tomorrow rooting on the troops and I look forward to conversing with you all after we handle our buisness. GO BRONCOS!

PAINTERDAVE
12-04-2004, 11:45 PM
You go boy! Great, informative post. I know, Dude! Who could have predicted this? The whole focus in the WEST was KC and DEN. Lord did those KC fans crow, strut and preen this offseason! Based on their last season, they thought it was a gimme this year! Monday Night Football, first game out, Broncs sent 'em into the tank.

Denver always had Shotty's number, even earlier this year. I wonder now though. His flip of philosophy, away from the conservative run to an aggresive west coast style pass attack, at the very time many other teams are shifting to a focus on defense and the run game, has yielded great success. Surprising success. Wade has got that defense on track in one short training camp and the games so far this season, a feat Coyer is struggling to accomplish.

Broncs got themselves backed into a corner, we gonna see what this squad is made of. Bolts got the big game in front of 'em, with a lot on the line, and they are no longer running under the radar. We gonna see what their squad is made of. This is the kinda game that makes fans jumpy.

Cool that you are gonna be there. You scream once or twice for old Painter Dave, allright? We are all counting on you to represent!

GOOOOOO BROOONNNCOOOOSSS!!

Elway
12-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Time for the Broncos to make a statement one way or the other, be the team that went 5-1, or the one that went 2-3.

about 14 hours to kickoff and we find out.

PAINTERDAVE
12-05-2004, 12:09 AM
I be waiting on pins and needles. Huge game.

BroncoKen
12-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Thanks Dave, Ill make sure I hold it down for you and all my fellow fans who could not make the road trip. Its about 1am here so I need to TRY to get some sleep. Our tailgate begins at 9 so I better get focused. WE WILL HANDLE BUISNESS AND PREPARE TO MAKE OUR RUN INTO THE PLAYOFFS! GO BRONCOS!

PAINTERDAVE
12-05-2004, 01:54 AM
Once again... You go, Boy!

OrangeShadow
12-05-2004, 05:16 AM
*see user title*

AsianOrange
12-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Is Breese and Gates that good? Will Rueben run wild? Maybe LT will run all over the Broncos? I sure hope not.

Well, not nessasary do or die, but it's time to Cowboy Up. It's the freakin Chargers for crying out loud. We have had their numbers for decades now....it's not going to stop now.

Everytime I start a game thread, the Broncos win. So here's for some luck.

2 Minute Warning
12-05-2004, 09:31 AM
I'm keeping the faith :D :beer:

esteef
12-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Is Breese and Gates that good? Will Rueben run wild? Maybe LT will run all over the Broncos? I sure hope not.

Well, not nessasary do or die, but it's time to Cowboy Up. It's the freakin Chargers for crying out loud. We have had their numbers for decades now....it's not going to stop now.

Goin' to the game! AAAOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

DBattack
12-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Lets bring us a win today in the rain baby! :rockon: :beer:

Peerless
12-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Ok, this is the game of the season so far, we need a big W.

Keys to the Game:

1. Shut down Drew Brees - without Brees, Gates can be shut down
2. Spy LT- keep dj on him
3. Put Bailey on Gates- look what happend against K.C when we put him on Tony

1. Run Rebeun- make the chargers try and stop him
2. Give the ball to ROD!- he'll be covered by the 3rd stringer CB
3. Look for TE's- we kinda shut them down, we need them back
4. USE KYLE JOHNSON- hes a ghost, no one sees him before hes in the endzone
5. SPECIAL TEAMS- NEED TO BE PERFECT

So what do you guys think?

DBattack
12-05-2004, 10:45 AM
kickass^ :beer:

Peerless
12-05-2004, 10:50 AM
kickass^ :beer:

Yup.... Props to my Nfl brain.....

OrangeShadow
12-05-2004, 10:51 AM
*see user title*

Peerless
12-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Hey man.... Theres a game thread up already.

Peerless
12-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey man.... Theres a game thread up already.
OOps 4got to read the luck part. My bad.

wncbronxx
12-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Yup.... Props to my Nfl brain.....
I only wish we were playing a team thats could make this a good game! Who can get excited over the 9V Bolts coming?

Any good games on today? How bout the Pats?

bronco30
12-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Ok, this is the game of the season so far, we need a big W.

Keys to the Game:

1. Shut down Drew Brees - without Brees, Gates can be shut down
2. Spy LT- keep dj on him
3. Put Bailey on Gates- look what happend against K.C when we put him on Tony

1. Run Rebeun- make the chargers try and stop him
2. Give the ball to ROD!- he'll be covered by the 3rd stringer CB
3. Look for TE's- we kinda shut them down, we need them back
4. USE KYLE JOHNSON- hes a ghost, no one sees him before hes in the endzone
5. SPECIAL TEAMS- NEED TO BE PERFECT

So what do you guys think?

i agree w/ u bailey on gates hopefully he'll redeem himself...but it prolly wont b every time...another huge key is 3rd down coversions we gotta convert 65-70% to win...n of course it'd b nice to see us bust a couple kick n punt returns to get a short field for once...

wncbronxx
12-05-2004, 12:04 PM

Martys number was took in Denver by Elway. He made his life heck. The Elway curse on Marty continues!

Mile High
12-05-2004, 12:14 PM
The Dolts winning streak is over today! The Broncos are coming to town and they have something to prove.

Biggest game of the year and San Diego just don't sound right, haha, what's this world coming to when a Dolt game means something??

Broncos 31

Dolts 17

GO BRONCOS!!

Mile High
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Martys number was took in Denver by Elway. He made his life heck. The Elway curse on Marty continues!

Viva la Curse!!!

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 12:27 PM
i'm ready for the game. it's raining outside and i'm on the couch with my laptop keeping my legs warm. i'm nice and cozy and ready for a bronco win. :)

Peerless
12-05-2004, 12:53 PM
i agree w/ u bailey on gates hopefully he'll redeem himself...but it prolly wont b every time...another huge key is 3rd down coversions we gotta convert 65-70% to win...n of course it'd b nice to see us bust a couple kick n punt returns to get a short field for once...

Man..... Rod is goint to bust a pr one of these games..

NOR*CAL BRONCO
12-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Alright got my gear on and off to watch the game at a Dolts fans house !! If Denver plays like they are capable of playin, they win hands down!! And my sense tells me they will..

DENVER-34
dolts-20 :smug:

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
falcons are getting spanked :laugh:. i didn't wanna make another thread just to say this so it goes in th chargers thread

wncbronxx
12-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Viva la Curse!!!

Everyone has thier demons, Elway and Denver has ALWAYS been Martys!

wncbronxx
12-05-2004, 01:15 PM
falcons are getting spanked :laugh:. i didn't wanna make another thread just to say this so it goes in th chargers thread

Thats all good, all losers go here! Add the Aints to that!

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM
oh boy...here we go!! :)

bcole23
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I've got my extra special orange silk shirt on that you'd think wouldn't have as much mojo as my Sharpe jersey, but we've never lost a game when I'm wearing it. Thus, I only bring it out on special occasions and never in the post-season.

May the luck of the orange shirt be with us this day O Football Gods.. Amen.

bcole23
12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
BTW, go bengals.. beat those ravens.

AsianOrange
12-05-2004, 02:06 PM
BTW, go bengals.. beat those ravens.

Ravens just lost!

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 02:08 PM
get up droughns! get up and beat the crap out of the chargers

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:08 PM
please be okay reub!!

AsianOrange
12-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Chargers are cheating already!

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:09 PM
get up droughns! get up and beat the crap out of the chargers

he looked PISSED.

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 02:10 PM
omfg. how pathetic

AsianOrange
Oh my god...that's not good.

orang/blu in LA
well, this drive didn't work out as expected....

mattos
12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
deflected right into his hands. if we are going to win, we sure don't need the luck factor going against us.

orang/blu in LA
oh good grief.

AsianOrange
What the hell is wrong with Champ....

DrunkPanda
good play on the third receiver champ............

Chaji
I hate to say it, but Champ is really pissing me off.

mattos
ugh that's all i can say

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
i know it's a lot to ask....but HOLD THEM!!!

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
The Broncos D could use some Pepto Bismol :sick:

AsianOrange
12-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Alright...they drew first blood...let the broncos wake up on this one.

Chaji
The Broncos D could use some Pepto Bismol :sick:
I could use some right now. :ugh:

MrTibbs
Anything less then a Super Bowl win and Shanny gets canny.

GameTime
I'm glad I won't be here to follow the game. Already stressing me out.

BroncoCy
Is GameTracker down for everyone to?

elwayfan2k
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
cmon Jake bunce back

iJerry
12-05-2004, 02:15 PM
sometimes being a bronco fan is trying.Come on team, lets wake up and play some ball!!

AsianOrange
12-05-2004, 02:15 PM
No need to panic yet, the game is still early. We have a big time offense...just believe in it.

OrangeShadow
12-05-2004, 02:16 PM
agreed. a tipped pass for an int isnt gonna happen like that often. lets go

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:16 PM
They poked reuben in the eye!!! :eek:

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 02:17 PM
omg. who the hell chop blocks on a kick return? that guy should be benched for being a moron

silkamilkamonic
Well, I'm losing faith by the minute with this team....

Bronco D
Are we in self destruct mode or what. This team needs to wake up !

Nomad Broncofan
12-05-2004, 02:18 PM
No fire! Broncs aren't coming out with urgency. Put Brees on a stretcher.

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:18 PM
We just need to start moing the chains and get into rythm

charel5
12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
What's up with RD ???

Is he out of the game ??

orang/blu in LA
that was way too close...

AsianOrange
well....momentum is not on our side right now.

Jim
12-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Whats going on?

mattos
12-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Anything less then a Super Bowl win and Shanny gets canny.

who is this? al davis? please take this nonsense to the talkin smack forum.

this might be a long game

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 02:21 PM
nice catch!

orang/blu in LA
YES!!! YEAH BABY! lelie!!!!

AsianOrange
Dear god, i closed my eyes on that one one.

mattos
alright way to go! keep it up

Jim
What What --- Someone Say The Plays

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Dear god, i closed my eyes on that one one.

LOL. i just stopped breathing....

elwayfan2k
I hate the color Yellow so much:(

AsianOrange
Nice stats.

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Wow Ruebn isnt getting anywhere.

AsianOrange
c'mon..don't give up on the running game yet Denver.

Supreme_D###
turn up the volume i can hear some ladies screaming "Go Broncos". i think we got more people there then they do! :laugh:

mattos
alright. good decisions jake. lets tie it up here fellas!

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 02:24 PM
yay, broncos offense is doing good ow

AsianOrange
RD RD RD...

cmon fellas! Keep marching.

Bronco D
Droughns is playing nice & pissed after getting stuck in the eye

Jim
Anyone want to report the plays? :( Radio is choppy and nfl.com is slooooooooooow.

elwayfan2k
Im wearing my Lelie Jersey and it feels lucky!
I smell a Rod TD Pass!

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:25 PM
turn up the volume i can hear some ladies screaming "Go Broncos".

that's ME! and i'm not even AT the game! ;)

Bronco D
Watts ..dropped pass

DrunkPanda
gd watts probably has more drops than catches this year

Bronco D
Smith...dropped pass

mattos
12-05-2004, 02:26 PM
turn up the volume i can hear some ladies screaming "Go Broncos". i think we got more people there then they do! :laugh:

haha i think i can hear her too.

whoo jake tried to threat a needle with that one.

can we kick a FG?

OrangeShadow
settling for a fg :(

Nomad Broncofan
I hope our defense comes out with the same fire as S.D

Supreme_D###
Elam!!!!! :sick:

Bronco D
Elam missed f/g

orang/blu in LA
oh my god. no good FG.

DrunkPanda
gd it! why do the broncos always insist on sucking at the end of the year?!

mattos
omg
:sick:

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:27 PM
:sad:
Elam in his last 2 kicks
0-2 :(

AsianOrange
It is December right? it's going to get worse.

Supreme_D###
Gotta play stronger D!

Bronco D
same ol sh**, start off fast then crash and burn

BroncoCy
GameTrack is going nuts...I hate this.

OrangeShadow
12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Bronco D
12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Looks like Jake will be passing quite a bit today. I say mix in Bell, just to give em another look w/ speed

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Today is actualy the first time all this season im starting to miss CPo :eek:

Supreme_D###
YES!!!! Kennedy!!!

DrunkPanda
gj kennedy!

Chaji
Interception Kenoy!!

orang/blu in LA
YES!! i was just thinking BREES IS GONNA THROW HIS FIRST PICK...and he DID!

AsianOrange
Interception by!....kenoy Kenndy!?!?!

Bronco D
picked by kennedy

iJerry
hell yes!!! lets go!

DrunkPanda
wouldn't mind a little pass rush though.

Supreme_D###
haha Drew! :fight: what now?!?

ImaBroncosFan
12-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Just started listening, good job Kenoy!

OrangeShadow
lol all i hear on nfl game center is

INT HES GOIN THE OTHER WAY!

AsianOrange
RD is going to have to earn his yards today.

Elway
Come on Ofeense let's take advantage of this

Supreme_D###
no! not again!

orang/blu in LA
Flippin' Hell.

BroncoCy
Does anyone have a link for the audio on this game? PLEASE!!

DrunkPanda
omfg. try to stop being pathetic, broncos

AsianOrange
How da hell is this happening?

Bronco D
Fuch the dink & dunk isnt getting it Shanny

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Dear god make it stop allready

iJerry
W-t-f!!!!!

mattos
OMG
that's 2 completely BS luck ints for them.

grrrr. they are good enough they don't need to get every bounce right into their hands.

Elway
again another pass through the hands.. going to SD

Nomad Broncofan
Come on Plummer!!!!!!!!!!1

Supreme_D###
its too wet!

Bronco D
we are so predictable 99 % of the time

OrangeShadow
**** this im playin some madden.

Shocker
12-05-2004, 02:32 PM
catch the fuukkin ball you idiots!!!

broncokev
:duh: we suck..dump the Chump!! He doesn't look like a Champ to me!!!But as I said before Ashley Lelie "The Man" We should throw to him every down!!! We should have came out throwing..Gosh this sucks!!! :duh:

DrunkPanda
both our interceptions came off our receivers missing balls they should have caught.......... this is stupid

GrieseSucks
fire that fat f*$k carswell

mattos
again another pass through the hands.. going to SD

seriously, this would be a tough game w/ the luck factor spread even. but if everything keeps bouncing straight into their hands, this will be painful

iJerry
We are too frickin' predictable! They are killing me.

elwayfan2k
12-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Im seriously thinking Jake was kicking puppys before the game because God is punishing him

orang/blu in LA
it's okay...we can still do this...we can do this we can do this we can do this....

orang/blu in LA
drat! so close for a pick!

Elway
this is an ugly start by us, no doubt about it.

LbloodOjunkieG
12-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Go Tomlinson.

Supreme_D###
Im seriously thinking Jake was kicking puppys before the game because God is punishing him

haha...maybe kittens? :confused:

Darktengu
Guy's I'm stuck in Green Bay, and can't watch the Broncos. I have to watch it on NFL.COM what's going on with the interceptions is it because if Plummer or the receivers??!!?!?!?

super_boltz
chargers are going to win this game watch.

AsianOrange
I think we need to get out of the field positioning funk

Shocker
12-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Here we go losing field position already.

bmcl2343
whats the website where you can listen to the game on the radio?

GrieseSucks
Thinking knee

Supreme_D###
great who invited "them"? :rolleyes:

orang/blu in LA
eventually good field position would be nice...

Bronco D
12-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Phil simms says excellent play call for san diego on 3rd down ? But they came up short fool !

orang/blu in LA
whats the website where you can listen to the game on the radio?

KOA i think.

super_boltz
here comes another int by jake. He has to go deep if he goes short the chargers linebackers are going to pop the receivers and put the ball in the air

elwayfan2k
Cmon Jake score here and this game is back to 0-0

DrunkPanda
Phil simms says excellent play call for san diego on 3rd down ? But they came up short fool !
haha. that was an AWFUL call on third down. it's sad that they came so close with it

Darktengu
Does anyone know of a Website (free preferrably) that I can listen to the game??

Elway
ESPN radio is broadcasting it

Booher
12-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Man the whineyness in this thread is overwhelming.....It's the FIRST QUARTER!

Nomad Broncofan
This is the game for Jake to get his respect!

SA Charger Fan
are their nothing but kids posting at these forums?

DrunkPanda
go ashley! own jammer

Supreme_D###
Flag on the play!

AsianOrange
We should go deep all day long.

bmcl2343
12-05-2004, 02:38 PM
KOA i think.

Yeah I think it is I just can't remember how to find it on the web

orang/blu in LA
good!!! uh oh - 2 flags...ah man!!

AsianOrange
Who was it on hand in the face?

Darktengu
Thanks for the radio stuff guys. I"ll be tuning in shortly

orang/blu in LA
Yeah I think it is I just can't remember how to find it on the web

http://www.850koa.com/listen/live.html

ImaBroncosFan
You can listen to it here http://www.850koa.com/listen/

super_boltz
12-05-2004, 02:39 PM
chargers are shutting down the running game. We stop denver here and the chargers score

Shocker
12-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Put Bell is jesus!

Eldritch
Guy's I'm stuck in Green Bay, and can't watch the Broncos. I have to watch it on NFL.COM what's going on with the interceptions is it because if Plummer or the receivers??!!?!?!?

I would like to know that as well.

super_boltz
14-0 chargers!

DrunkPanda
gd it. i'm gettin pissed off

Chaji
**** You Tightends!!

Shocker
12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Fuuckk you knorr

silkamilkamonic
f'n Putzier you putz........

what do we do guys....they say it's too wet for anyone to catch the ball.....we aren't goona run anywhere on these guys....should Denver just give up know and save them the embarassment?

DrunkPanda
wow, knorr got a hold of that one!

Nomad Broncofan
Where's Shannon Sharpe when you need him!

mattos
another pass through the hands

we are killing ourselves. but at least we can say that if they start catching the ball we'll be moving the ball.

Darktengu

that's perfect thanks a load

Bronco D
12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
herndon hurt

orang/blu in LA
ah man, he just called kelly a CHIEF. and kelly's hurt on top of that.

mattos
wtf the announcer just called herndon a "chief"!!

DrunkPanda
yay! a chief was injured! wait........... aren't the chargers playing the broncos?

Booher
another pass through the hands

we are killing ourselves. but at least we can say that if they start catching the ball we'll be moving the ball.

There ya go keep it positive the negative comments here are ridiculous.

GrieseSucks
poor field position on every posession. Can't catch the god damn ball. Penalties in critical situations.

Season over.

super_boltz
1 pass was behind the reciever hit off his hands and was picked. the other the receiver got smashed by godfrey and it bounced straight to steve foley

Supreme_D###
Where's Shannon Sharpe when you need him!

sharpe get outta the booth and play for us again! :D

Eldritch
12-05-2004, 02:43 PM
1 pass was behind the reciever hit off his hands and was picked. the other the receiver got smashed by godfrey and it bounced straight to steve foley

Thank you.

Bronco D
I say we throw bombs on 4th down and let Knorr stay warm on the bench..

Shocker
Let Elam punt

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2004, 02:44 PM
ah man, poor kelly - that looked painful.

Supreme_D###
wow...Brees has too much time

Nomad Broncofan
poor field position on every posession. Can't catch the god damn ball. Penalties in critical situations.

Season over.

Try not to take the Lord's name in vain if we wanna win! I don't care what it is!

Bronco D
Lol..we have absolutely no pass rush

Darktengu
I would like to know that as well.

Did you get the link in the post?
You have to registar but it's easy and free

bmcl2343

Thanks heaps!

Den21-Bal19
12-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Let Elam punt

He said he wanted to give it a go in camp last year. This is one screwed up game thus far

DrunkPanda
12-05-2004, 02:46 PM
the broncos are playing slightly better than the buffaloes played yesterday

Supreme_D###
nice hit Al!

orang/blu in LA
Thanks heaps!

no problem! :)

Broncos9798
stick his ass big al, hell yea!!!

Peerless
Dude, gimmie ur sn's (booher). My pc is so slow i cant keep up reading..

Shocker
We are giving up big plays on third down, that should not happen.

Elway
So close!!!

Shocker
12-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

Booher
Dude, gimmie ur sn's (booher). My pc is so slow i cant keep up reading..

huh?..............

Broncos9798
hell yea hell yea , ashlie, ashlie whoooooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkPanda
LT was JACKED UP!!

Shocker
Maybe Parker should have kept his mouth shut!

orang/blu in LA
i love ashley.

Elway
So close!!! Good Job Lelei

mattos
ok it took forever for my internet to et me post.

woohooo way to go lelie!

anyways, did you see how that first fumble went straight to the charger's hands?! they've got some kind of magnetic hands-ball thing going on.

elwayfan2k
We are so incredibley lucky to only be down 7
Damnit we need some points now