PDA

View Full Version : Message Board Meet And Greet In Denver July 5th

BroncoManiac_69
03-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Cory and I are currently planning a get together in July when we make the trip up for the week. Currently our location of choice is the Brooklyn's in Denver.

Address: 2644 W Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
Date: July 5th
Time: 4:00 PM.

Our goal is mainly a Meet and Greet scenario. What happens from there? Is only a bonus.

With all of this being said, Cory has generously requested a head count as we look ahead to the gathering. He lives in Denver area. I do not. I have never been to this place before but completely trust his judgement for the selection of the gathering. They have food and drink and apparently it sounds like a great gathering place to shake hands and share some time.

Denver locals obviously have time to plan if they want to join us. It is 4th Of July weekend, but any of you in the area that would be willing to come, please reply here. Cory apparently has some "clout" in this place and would like to get some sort of idea as far a scheduling space that may need to be reserved.

Members of these boards did the same type of gathering just before a road trip in Cincinnati back in 2009. There were several of us there before the game and we enjoyed the day very much. There is no game on this trip for us, but have discussed gatherings like this in the past.

In the mean time......

I have a couple of volunteers to take over my Daily Fun Fact/Trivia thread while I'm gone.

What I would like is to find out who is actually serious about my daily chores and find out who will be doing so in my absence.

Thoughts, questions or comments are gladly appreciated in this thread. My wife and I look forward to this already.

Finally: We are not financing this whole thing. Simply creating a gathering.

Edited the change.

EddieMac
03-30-2014, 03:08 PM
dam that sounds awesome. Wish I was going to be in the area then.

one_bad_55
03-30-2014, 04:00 PM
So if I go to the meet and greet do I still have to do the trivia? :D

I don't drink so I can not tell you about the beer, but I have been to Breckenridge brewery for lunch on several occasions and it is a nice place. I have even had them fix lunches before on some training classes and they do a good job.

I suppose I could post the trivia before the meet up.

Now your daily chores or as most of us call them, HONEY-DO'S you are on your own. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoManiac_69
03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
So if I go to the meet and greet do I still have to do the trivia? :D

I don't drink so I can not tell you about the beer, but I have been to Breckenridge brewery for lunch on several occasions and it is a nice place. I have even had them fix lunches before on some training classes and they do a good job.

I suppose I could post the trivia before the meet up.

Now your daily chores or as most of us call them, HONEY-DO'S you are on your own. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are still one of my volunteers to take over while I'm in Colorado?

broncos SB2010
03-30-2014, 05:47 PM
I should be able to make it. I am in the general area already.

58_VONDOOM_92
03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Its my 30th birthday weekend but that sounds like fun. Ill try and make it since I'm like only 20 mins away

FL BRONCO
03-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Great idea wish I could be there---have fun

CanDB
03-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Good plan Joe.....

I suggested we hold a "convention" of sorts, a few years back.......hopefully after a SB victory. That would include a ton of planning, whereas your idea is nice and easy.

Wish I could be there, but my best bet would be when I come in for another game. Just not sure when that's going to happen.

Have fun!

:beer:

teetdogs
03-31-2014, 07:13 AM
I'll be there!

Broncosinindy
03-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Wish I could make it, but i'm going fishing and that takes priority :-)Have fun and be safe!

johntbronco
03-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Sounds fun! But, will have to say "tentative" until i get approval from the "Boss" :laugh:

Broncbeat
03-31-2014, 12:02 PM
I'll be there. Just look over your shoulders and I'll be there. :)

86Elwayfan
03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm in. Good beer, good food and meeting people that cheer for the good guys always sounds like fun to me.

BroncoManiac_69
03-31-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm liking the responses already.

Cory? Sounds like it may be "PARTY ON" :rockon:

One requirement... You MUST be wearing something Bronco. :thumb:

Time and date are pretty much set. Cory will chime in but this is the plan.

BroncoManiac_69
03-31-2014, 06:12 PM
I also am looking for someone to take over my chores in the daily thread. I have two volunteers thus far.

mray
03-31-2014, 06:44 PM
I am a tentative for sure...barring anything that could change it in the next 90 days!

SoundsOfSuccess
03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Trip to the brewery the day after July 4th... I like the way you guys think ;)

If I lived in Denver I'd definitely try to make it but unfortunately I'm a couple states over. Sounds like fun though

BroncoManiac_69
06-05-2014, 07:36 PM
This party is still on as planned. :rockon:

Houshmazode
06-05-2014, 07:51 PM
I'd go but as it's my bday on the 4th I'll be spending the 4th-6th getting trashed at a music festival in Fairplay.

Vhailor
06-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Wish I could be there. :( Have a beer for me, someone?

91bronco
06-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I'd go but as it's my bday on the 4th I'll be spending the 4th-6th getting trashed at a music festival in Fairplay.

Sounds like you're going to that Southpark music bash? From what I hear, bring extra padding if you are planning on camping there. I guess there are a ton of softball sized rocks everywhere in the camp sites.....

BroncoooJohnson
06-06-2014, 10:45 AM
I live in Houston, haven't been back to Colorado in like 6 years, and I'm going to be there that day. I might be meant to be there.

one_bad_55
06-06-2014, 11:15 AM
I live in Houston, haven't been back to Colorado in like 6 years, and I'm going to be there that day. I might be meant to be there.

I lived in Spring Texas for about 5 years during the 77 Super Bowl run. I think I was the only one rooting for the Broncos and the rest of my lame friends were rooting for the Cowpokes. Needless to say they never let me live it down. :sad:

Houshmazode
06-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Sounds like you're going to that Southpark music bash? From what I hear, bring extra padding if you are planning on camping there. I guess there are a ton of softball sized rocks everywhere in the camp sites.....
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on taking a sleeping bag and tent and staying there at least 2 nights.

91bronco
06-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on taking a sleeping bag and tent and staying there at least 2 nights.

You get the $50 tickets or the VIP for $150? Either way, I've heard extra padding is a MUST! I might be going- heck of a lineup for the price.

Houshmazode
06-06-2014, 12:53 PM
You get the $50 tickets or the VIP for $150? Either way, I've heard extra padding is a MUST! I might be going- heck of a lineup for the price.
The $50 tickets.

Peanut
06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Hey, guys, back on topic. please. :D

ebsoria
06-06-2014, 01:34 PM

But... the acoustics there?!?! Wowza! Something about how the angle of the seats make is reverberate the amplification of cosmos into the maximus of ambosia.

Amazing if you ask me. :coffee:

BroncoManiac_69
06-06-2014, 03:44 PM

They are sorta on topic you mean moderator you. :D

BroncoManiac_69
06-06-2014, 03:46 PM
SO,,,,, Breckenridge Brewery 6:00 in Denver is the scheduled plan. The link to the map to get there is somewhere in this thread.

We'll post it again eventually.

BroncoManiac_69
06-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Cory arranged dancing girls on the bar and boobs galore. :eek:

I KID I KID.

We do need to get some feed back about how many people are going to come. It's about a month away and we need a head count.

So Far:
BroncoManiac_69
Cory Winget
Broncobeat
Alastor

I know there are others just need to look back. If you in the Denver area we are strongly requesting to have a face to face with board members here.

Please only copy and paste the list adding yours. Facebook is also being tracked.

58_VONDOOM_92
06-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I may be there!

EddieMac
06-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Put an Iphone an the table an I'll face the time and drink with you all, from afar. :D

one_bad_55
06-06-2014, 07:09 PM
I'll be there and my wife is going to see if she can get off. If I had known there were going to be girls dancing on the bar and BOOBIES I wouldn't have invited her. :eek:

I kid, she would get more attention from dancing girls than I would. :confused: I have seen it first hand. They dance for her and take the money from in front of me. :(

CoryWinget81
06-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Wish I could be there. :( Have a beer for me, someone?

Don't worry Im sure we got you covered, :laugh:

CoryWinget81
06-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Put an Iphone an the table an I'll face the time and drink with you all, from afar. :D

ill never forget the night you got on google hangouts in your cruiser hahahaha

"Dude, do you know any cops? Who the hell is that?"

CoryWinget81
06-07-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm really excited for this! If no one can come at 6, earlier in the day is fine with me too. I practically live there anyway.

I'll start handing out my # so you guys can let me know on the fly if you need to.

80stheman
06-07-2014, 05:41 PM
I replied on Facebook originally, but I'll chime in here. If I don't have a gig that night I will be there, as will Mrs. 80stheman.

EddieMac
06-07-2014, 06:34 PM
ill never forget the night you got on google hangouts in your cruiser hahahaha

"Dude, do you know any cops? Who the hell is that?"

Shhhhh I am at work again......:thumb:

make sure I get the number too. Might just have to call in that day.

Freyaka
06-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I wish I could make it to Denver, but I've got a kid due later that month anyway so I shouldn't probably stray too far from home.

BroncoManiac_69
06-07-2014, 09:30 PM
I Hope the local viewers show up

Taos_Broncomaniac
06-08-2014, 06:45 AM
I'll be there and my wife is going to see if she can get off. If I had known there were going to be girls dancing on the bar and BOOBIES I wouldn't have invited her. :eek:

I kid, she would get more attention from dancing girls than I would. :confused: I have seen it first hand. They dance for her and take the money from in front of me. :(

Money well spent!

Our family has an informal reunion every 4th at our mountain ranch. I would love to have made the trip up for a beer or two. Have a great time and Gooooooooooo Broncos!!!

one_bad_55
06-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Money well spent!

But my wife would buy me the lap dances so I WIN!!!!!!!! :D BEST WIFE EVER......:thumb:

BroncoManiac_69
06-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm getting excited too Cory. My wife is like..... "A bunch of people she doesn't know nor converse with might make her a bit bored"

I said... "Honey..... Bronco fans in a bar should be entertaining after an hour or so of bottom's up"

:laugh:

EDIT: And BTW Cory.... Bumping it up an hour to 5:00 or earlier like 4:00 is OK with me. I'll drag the wife by her hair kicking and screaming but it's OK. :laugh:

I'm going to show her Casa Bonita for lunch earlier that day so we'll be in the neighborhood already.

Houshmazode
06-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm getting excited too Cory. My wife is like..... "A bunch of people she doesn't know nor converse with might make her a bit bored"

I said... "Honey..... Bronco fans in a bar should be entertaining after an hour or so of bottom's up"

EDIT: And BTW Cory.... Bumping it up an hour to 5:00 or earlier like 4:00 is OK with me. I'll drag the wife by her hair kicking and screaming but it's OK. :laugh:

I'm going to show her Casa Bonita for lunch earlier that day so we'll be in the neighborhood already.

You trynna make her sick? :P

one_bad_55
06-08-2014, 06:33 PM

You had better bring some sopapillas with you to the bar. That is the only thing that is edible at Casa Bonita. :sick:

P.S. Don't forget the HONEY :rockon:

86Elwayfan
06-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I will be there...may have a plus 1...not married yet so I can't make her commit like BroncoManiac can haha ;)

Peerless
06-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Wish I could make the trip over from Wi to meet with you fine folks. Have fun!

johntbronco
06-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Yeah! Casa Bonita!
http://media2.giphy.com/media/unNEcNi7GKyd2/200_s.gif

http://37.media.tumblr.com/1423d7891432fd689bff84c3dd5bff25/tumblr_mm3v9fuYJ01r4gei2o1_400.gif

(I also wanted to show you a gif of cartman watching Casa Bonita diver, but Cartman was cussing...so i didn't show it....LOL)

ebsoria
06-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Im sad I can't be there. Would have been epic fun!

86Elwayfan
06-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Not with that attitude you can't. ;)

CoryWinget81
06-14-2014, 07:15 AM

Probably a good thing, I might be in enough trouble as it is!

Denver Mike
06-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Casa Bonita cost us D'Qwell Jackson...... :smug:

BroncoManiac_69
06-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Casa Bonita cost us D'Qwell Jackson...... :smug:

It's all about the atmosphere right?

one_bad_55
06-19-2014, 09:32 PM
So what is the head count so far? My wife got the day off so she is going to come with me.

BroncoManiac_69
06-20-2014, 02:46 PM
So what is the head count so far? My wife got the day off so she is going to come with me.

Not sure. I tried to start a cut and paste list. Haven't searched through the thread for results. We're probably looking around 20-30 (spouses included) from what I can tell.

Hey.... send me your email via PM. It's going to be much easier to send you all the Daily Thread info that way methinks rather than multiple PM's.

one_bad_55
06-20-2014, 08:29 PM
I just bought me an Autographed Floyd Little jersey to wear. :D Going OLD SCHOOL!!!!!! :rockon:

Broncbeat
06-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Well I thought I would help out here. This is what I have so far. Please correct me if I have any mistakes.

So Far:
BroncoManiac_69
Cory Winget
Broncobeat
Alastor
58_VONDOOM_92
one_bad_55
80stheman *
mray *
BroncoooJohnson *
broncos SB2010
teetdogs
johntbronco *
86Elwayfan

* = Tentative

I'm guessing around 26 so I think a place for 30 right now would be wise. We might have to reserve the whole bar lol.

100%Broncoholic
06-21-2014, 07:20 AM
I just bought me an Autographed Floyd Little jersey to wear. :D Going OLD SCHOOL!!!!!! :rockon:

Are you sure you want to dress that nice around these guys and gals, I mean just look at the mess they've made of LR.

-->:coffee:

EddieMac
06-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Well I thought I would help out here. This is what I have so far. Please correct me if I have any mistakes.

So Far:
BroncoManiac_69
Cory Winget
Broncobeat
Alastor
58_VONDOOM_92
one_bad_55
80stheman *
mray *
BroncoooJohnson *
broncos SB2010
teetdogs
johntbronco *
86Elwayfan

* = Tentative

I'm guessing around 26 so I think a place for 30 right now would be wise. We might have to reserve the whole bar lol.

Don't forget me by tele-conferenced beer!

one_bad_55
06-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Are you sure you want to dress that nice around these guys and gals, I mean just look at the mess they've made of LR.

-->:coffee:

That is true, BM69 already said they were going to Casa Bonita before hand and they could easily get food poisoning and throw up :sick: on me ruining my new Floyd Little jersey. Maybe I will wear my Al Wilson or Elway jerseys since I have a backups of those. :D

BroncoManiac_69
06-21-2014, 08:40 PM
That is true, BM69 already said they were going to Casa Bonita before hand and they could easily get food poisoning and throw up :sick: on me ruining my new Floyd Little jersey. Maybe I will wear my Al Wilson or Elway jerseys since I have a backups of those. :D

Perhaps we should all wear a suit and tie?

:eek:

No No NO.........Bronco jerseys it is......

And there will be no barf involved. :laugh:

Chillez
06-21-2014, 10:30 PM
I would love to be able go and meet you all, but sadly my work schedule won't allow that. I can't get the time off during those dates. I hope you all have a good time though. Keep us all updated and make sure to share some photos. :salute:

100%Broncoholic
06-22-2014, 02:45 AM

That's a great idea BM69, I'm pumped to be there....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dAd_RHGzUx0/S-DdPX2gBOI/AAAAAAAABgM/oMleK2XYSqo/s320/jack-del-rio-full-suit.jpg

Oh nevermind, I have to wear all Broncos gear, that upset me a little, because I look good in a suit....

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/jack-del-rio.jpg

Broncbeat
06-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Don't forget me by tele-conferenced beer!

Oh we will not forget you EM.

one_bad_55
06-22-2014, 01:25 PM

Ever since I started working from the house I threw away all my ties. I hate ties. :laugh: Broncos Jersey will have to do. :D

BroncoManiac_69
06-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Cory and I talked about meeting sooner. Perhaps around 4pmish rather than 6pmish. We're on board with that since lunch at Casa Bonita won't take hours and hours. Another stop we have planned for that afternoon before the bar was the Stadium Store. Anybody got hours they are open?

I can get lost in there and spend a lot of time oooohing and awwwwwing. We're not going crazy on stuff but I do need to replace my trailer hitch cover which got broken in the Home Depot parking lot when somebody hit and ran me. :mad:

Canmore
06-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Cory and I talked about meeting sooner. Perhaps around 4pmish rather than 6pmish. We're on board with that since lunch at Casa Bonita won't take hours and hours. Another stop we have planned for that afternoon before the bar was the Stadium Store. Anybody got hours they are open?

I can get lost in there and spend a lot of time oooohing and awwwwwing. We're not going crazy on stuff but I do need to replace my trailer hitch cover which got broken in the Home Depot parking lot when somebody hit and ran me. :mad:

Sorry. That is a real drag.

BroncoManiac_69
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Sorry. That is a real drag.

It was due to be replaced, but I didn't need anybody to force the issue. I was kinda proud of it's worn and torn look. *shrugs*

I'm sure the store will be open in the early afternoon on a Saturday.

Funny thing was that was the only thing damaged. Made me think maybe a Raider fan just kicked it in. :mad:

86Elwayfan
06-25-2014, 07:13 AM

Team Store at the stadium is open 10AM to 6PM Monday-Saturday. http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/broncos-team-store

Don't spend too much!! ;)

one_bad_55
06-25-2014, 08:15 PM
So are we now meeting at around 4:00 PM, or is it still 6:00-9:00? It sounds like you guys have already started drinking because you can't make up your minds. :laugh:

CoryWinget81
06-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Ill be there at 4

BroncoManiac_69
06-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Ill be there at 4

Thanks for the chime in. We'll probably be there around that time as well. Perhaps a bit later if I get lost in the Bronco Stadium Store. :laugh:

You had noted the place closes at 9:00. We'll probably end up heading back to Johnstown or Frederick at that point. 5 hours with Cory in a bar will end up having my wife drive home in a place she's not so familiar with. :laugh:

We are busy as hell before we leave. Packing this weekend. What jersey are you wearing? We're still trying to decide. I may wear Davis. Wife thinks she'll get lost in Eddie Mac. I debated wearing my Eddie Royal. Still love the guy even though he's a Charger now. :mad:

Either way, we'll be sporting. :salute:

BroncoManiac_69
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM

So Far:
BroncoManiac_69
Cory Winget
Broncobeat
Alastor
58_VONDOOM_92
one_bad_55
80stheman *
mray *
BroncoooJohnson *
broncos SB2010
teetdogs
johntbronco *
86Elwayfan

* = Tentative

I was just reviewing this list and seems about right. I'm sure Cory and his clout already has a special table planned for us all.

If it wasn't for all of the off-season, training camp and draft all in the works now, how special would it be to have an actual BRONCO show up. :eek:

Not going to happen.

I remember Elway and Birdie did their wedding via a live stream. Can somebody attending do the same? :confused:

Peanut
06-25-2014, 10:42 PM
I was just reviewing this list and seems about right. I'm sure Cory and his clout already has a special table planned for us all.

If it wasn't for all of the off-season, training camp and draft all in the works now, how special would it be to have an actual BRONCO show up. :eek:

Not going to happen.

I remember Elway and Birdie did their wedding via a live stream. Can somebody attending do the same? :confused:

If you posted the link here, everyone would have to mind their language and manners. And no nudity. You might want to rethink that. :D Facebook maybe?

Have fun!

Broncbeat
06-26-2014, 08:06 AM
If you posted the link here, everyone would have to mind their language and manners. And no nudity. You might want to rethink that. :D Facebook maybe?

Have fun!

Yeah I would think FB would be better because I can't promise all that. :)

86Elwayfan
06-26-2014, 12:29 PM

Have fun!

Peanut is right I am sure someone in this group of misfits plans on going streaking through the quad and into the gymnasium :)

2 Minute Warning
06-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Take lots of pics!....:thumb:

one_bad_55
06-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Trust me, You don't want to see me streaking through the quad. :laugh:

BroncoManiac_69
06-26-2014, 07:28 PM
My wife just busted out laughing about this latest turn of events.

Give me enough tequila and I won't disappoint the ladies. :D

one_bad_55
06-26-2014, 08:05 PM
With all your packing and stuff don't forget to email me the trivia info. I suppose I can wing it again but I am sure it is a little easier.

BroncoManiac_69
06-27-2014, 05:25 PM
With all your packing and stuff don't forget to email me the trivia info. I suppose I can wing it again but I am sure it is a little easier.

Holy Toledo Batman.... SO BUSY at work and I have to work a 10 hour on Monday before we leave for Pueblo around 6am ish on Tuesday.

I will be sending you ALL the info for the days I'm gone via the email you sent me either tomorrow or Sunday. Don't sweat it my friend. It will be coming.

I was goofing around with my lead, my boss and our plant manager (who hung out with us today on our machine while we were kicking ass) that my head is already on vacation.

Sam_Z
06-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Is it too late to get in on the meet n greet party?

BroncoManiac_69
06-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Is it too late to get in on the meet n greet party?

It's never too late. Check out the OP for info. The more the merrier as they say.

one_bad_55
06-29-2014, 09:03 PM
My wife just bought me a real nice Bronco Golf shirt and suggested I wear it for the meet and greet. :eek: Seems like it may be a little over dressed for this crowd.

How do I tell her I want to wear a jersey? :confused:

CoryWinget81
06-30-2014, 06:49 AM
So, turn of events, but we will make it work, because that's what we do.

They've decided to close the taproom on the 5th. The GM has business that is taking him out of town. I would never ask the taproom staff to stay just for me.

THAT being said:

There are TONS of places to meet and greet here. I was thinking maybe Washington Park? It's a more central location, easy to find via your device. I can bring a cooler and some beer, maybe we could do hot dogs? Sorry for the last minute change but we can pull this off.I'll be sending emails with my number.

Broncbeat
06-30-2014, 08:33 AM
How about Brooklyn's Cory. Its by Invesco and has good food. I know they have 2 floors so maybe we could reserve the up stairs since there is so many.

VenomousDB
06-30-2014, 12:29 PM

They've decided to close the taproom on the 5th. The GM has business that is taking him out of town. I would never ask the taproom staff to stay just for me.

THAT being said:

There are TONS of places to meet and greet here. I was thinking maybe Washington Park? It's a more central location, easy to find via your device. I can bring a cooler and some beer, maybe we could do hot dogs? Sorry for the last minute change but we can pull this off.I'll be sending emails with my number.

I would, but i cant

86Elwayfan
06-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I would, but i cant

What Venom meant to say is....."Not Casa Bonita....Not Coming!"

I also may have had a turn of events on my plans (Subtitle have been told) and may end up going camping in Yellowstone with a group. I will let you all know soon.

johntbronco
06-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Put me down as a GO for the get together! :D Is it at 4 or 6? Looking forward to meeting you all for the first time!

VenomousDB
06-30-2014, 01:17 PM
What Venom meant to say is....."Not Casa Bonita....Not Coming!"

I also may have had a turn of events on my plans (Subtitle have been told) and may end up going camping in Yellowstone with a group. I will let you all know soon.

It has food that easily rivals Elways Steakhouse!

CoryWinget81
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
How about Brooklyn's Cory. Its by Invesco and has good food. I know they have 2 floors so maybe we could reserve the up stairs since there is so many.

This is a good idea.

Park or Brooklyns, people? What say you

BroncoManiac_69
06-30-2014, 02:29 PM

I sent you the email. Haven't seen a response. Did you get it?

BroncoManiac_69
06-30-2014, 02:32 PM

THAT being said:

Well, this is a bit unexpected. Cory, we're leaving for Colorado early tomorrow morning. You guys are going to have to sort this out and call me with the plan. See a PM.

CoryWinget81
06-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Well, this is a bit unexpected. Cory, we're leaving for Colorado early tomorrow morning. You guys are going to have to sort this out and call me with the plan. See a PM.

It was pretty unexpected to me as well. I even lobbied to use the walkway area like we normally do for banquets but there wont be anyone there to have the taps on.

I only suggested the park because its cheaper, but if everyone is cool with Brooklyns, I'm on board with that as well.

Cheers, guys. Believe me, didn't see this one coming.

BroncoManiac_69
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Brooklyns? This is a bar?

Address please so I can mapquest it. I'm running out of time here before we leave.

one_bad_55
06-30-2014, 06:39 PM
I sent you the email. Haven't seen a response. Did you get it?

Got it! We are good to go!:salute:

one_bad_55
06-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Brooklyn's is a sports bar located just south of the stadium. They have good food and I would think could handle a crowd.

Their address is 2644 W Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204

I hear Cory is buying the first round! :dance:

BroncoManiac_69
06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Brooklyn's is a sports bar located just south of the stadium. They have good food and I would think could handle a crowd.

Their address is 2644 W Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204

I hear Cory is buying the first round! :dance:

I'm all for this since Casa Bonita is just down the street. :laugh:

Won't have far to go to use the bathroom. :D

one_bad_55
06-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm all for this since Casa Bonita is just down the street. :laugh:

Won't have far to go to use the bathroom. :D

Make sure you look up directions because it is kind of under the Colfax viaduct. Coming from Casa Bonita you cannot get there if you stay on Colfax.

From the Broncos store at the stadium it is literally across the street.

80stheman
07-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Brooklyn's sounds fine with me.

VenomousDB
07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
I would be able to now actually but due to my job screwing me, Im broke.

CoryWinget81
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Brooklyns it is.

Wish I could buy the first round, but I'll be lucky to buy me a round. :laugh:

So, officially moved to Brooklyns under colfax at 4pm on saturday the 5th

ebsoria
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
..... and I'm still sad......

It coulda been EPIC!!!

one_bad_55
07-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Should one of us call Brooklyn's and at least let them know we are meeting there?

80stheman
07-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Should one of us call Brooklyn's and at least let them know we are meeting there?

That's probably a good idea. :D

one_bad_55
07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
I called Brooklyn's and they will be ready for us on the 5th at 4:00PM :thumb: :beer:

EddieMac
07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
I better get a call.......... :beer:

JakeNbake
07-02-2014, 02:54 PM
..... and I'm still sad......

It coulda been EPIC!!!

Poor eb has to hang out with me instead.

CoryWinget81
07-02-2014, 04:16 PM
I called Brooklyn's and they will be ready for us on the 5th at 4:00PM :thumb: :beer:

thanks so much man!

ebsoria
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Poor eb has to hang out with me instead.

Im okay with that. :thumb:

Chillez
07-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I wish I was able to go. :( You all have a fun safe 4th of July.

Maybe someday, if everyone plains on doing another meet and greet, I'll be able to go.

BroncoManiac_69
07-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Glad I'm checking in here on mom's computer because JR hasn't called me back yet. And not accessing my email.

So Brooklyns at 4pm. We will be there!!! And thanks for giving the place a heads up on our arrival one_bad. I so can't wait to hit the stadium store before we arrive but just looking for a few items.

Broncbeat
07-04-2014, 03:06 AM
Glad I'm checking in here on mom's computer because JR hasn't called me back yet. And not accessing my email.

So Brooklyns at 4pm. We will be there!!! And thanks for giving the place a heads up on our arrival one_bad. I so can't wait to hit the stadium store before we arrive but just looking for a few items.

Sorry about that but I was at work. I work nights (5pm - when were done)so I was unable to get your message till 3:45am when I got off work.

broncoslover115
07-04-2014, 05:38 AM
Have fun everyone!!!!

CoryWinget81
07-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Brooklyns at 4 is still on!

EddieMac
07-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Tilt a few for me.....

80stheman
07-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Brooklyns at 4 is still on!

I'll be there!

Tilt a few for me.....

OK! :beer:

one_bad_55
07-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Getting ready to PARTAY!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :beer:

Broncbeat
07-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Well it was one awesome party! Thank you to all that made it :beer:.

PS EM I tried to call you.

Peanut
07-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Well it was one awesome party! Thank you to all that made it :beer:.

PS EM I tried to call you.

So, where are the pictures? We demand pictures! :D

EddieMac
07-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Dammit, guess you tried my cell. No reception at my house. Should have mentioned that part.

Hope,you all had a great time.

johntbronco
07-05-2014, 10:53 PM
I had an AWESOME time at the meetup! it was great to meet new friends!

80stheman
07-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Good time! Sorry I had to leave early, but I enjoyed meeting BM69, johnt and one_bad. Great to see BB, Cory, Venemous and Alastor again!

Peanut, I posted a couple of pics on Facebook. I've never been able to post my photos on the boards, so hopefully someone else will post theirs. Or if someone wants to download my pics from FB and post them here, feel free.

CoryWinget81
07-06-2014, 05:54 AM
What a blast!

CoryWinget81
07-06-2014, 06:16 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10383751_674290129310307_1325185966545466185_o.jpg

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 06:29 AM
What a great time.

Here is Cory & Ven behind bars. This was even before they got yelled at for bringing their own beer. :laugh: Ashley the bar sheriff made them pour the beer out. :eek:

http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_170113.jpg

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 06:30 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10383751_674290129310307_1325185966545466185_o.jpg

Where in the heck was I when this was taken? Lost again. :confused:

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Here is Alastor worshiping his idol Tom Jackson. He was so excited he had light shooting out of his rear end. :laugh:

http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_211310.jpg

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Here is Broncbeat with his idol John Elway.

http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_211335.jpg

CoryWinget81
07-06-2014, 07:57 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10368905_674290175976969_152262129480166249_o.jpg

80stheman
07-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Where in the heck was I when this was taken? Lost again. :confused:

You and BB were out on the patio :D

Check the pic above with the three of us.

80stheman
07-06-2014, 09:12 AM
What a great time.

Here is Cory & Ven behind bars. This was even before they got yelled at for bringing their own beer. :laugh: Ashley the bar sheriff made them pour the beer out. :eek:

BWAHAHAHA! Busted!

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Here is part of the gang after our lap around SPOTS Authority Field.

Left to Right; VenDB, Cory, JohnT, Alastor, and my wife is lost over on the side holding up the fence rail. She may have had a little too much fun. :cheers:

http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_215722.jpg

We were confused when looking at the stadium. They need to FIX this............
http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_213636.jpg

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Sorry about some of these pictures. I just got a new phone and almost all the pictures are not quite focused. And I promise I was not drinking. :smug:

Broncoholic JS
07-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Wish I would have been able to make it. Looks like you all had a blast!! I am so happy for all of you.

Next time I will be there for sure!!

Peanut
07-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Some IDs, please? I know 3 in the first picture and I know 1 in the second picture. The picture that one_bad IDed is kind of small. I can pick out Ven because of the "18". :D Thanks. I like to know who I'm looking at.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10368905_674290175976969_152262129480166249_o.jpg

Oh, and thanks for the pictures, everyone.

80stheman
07-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Some IDs, please? I know 3 in the first picture and I know 1 in the second picture. The picture that one_bad IDed is kind of small. I can pick out Ven because of the "18". :D Thanks. I like to know who I'm looking at.
Oh, and thanks for the pictures, everyone.

Sure thing, Peanut:

L to R: johntbronco, Alastor, 80stheman, Cory, BM69 and VenDB

Yours truly again, one_bad_55, BB

Peanut
07-06-2014, 02:49 PM

Sure thing, Peanut:

L to R: johntbronco, Alastor, 80stheman, Cory, BM69 and VenDB

Yours truly again, one_bad_55, BB

Thank you! A very handsome bunch!

And I discovered that I can't read. It's johnt in the 18 and not Ven. :heh:

80stheman
07-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Thank you! A very handsome bunch!

And I discovered that I can't read. It's johnt in the 18 and not Ven. :heh:

Handsome bunch? You must be looking at a different pic :D

Peanut
07-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Handsome bunch? You must be looking at a different pic :D

Maybe I just see all the Bronco shirts?

Really, you all look good to me.

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Here is part of the gang, YUCKING IT UP, having a good time.

Left to Right; Alastor, 80stheman, BB, Cory, & VenDB at the head of the table.

http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_172716.jpg

BM69 & better half.
http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_202950.jpg

58_VONDOOM_92
07-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I was dtown last night celebrating my 30th. I should have dropped by. Looked like you all had fun

one_bad_55
07-06-2014, 06:39 PM
I was dtown last night celebrating my 30th. I should have dropped by. Looked like you all had fun

Happy B-day, hope it was a good one. We had a blast, and we even took a victory lap around the stadium. :thumb:

VenomousDB
07-06-2014, 07:45 PM
What a great time.

Haha busted

Broncbeat
07-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Love the pictures! Cp's coming to all who were there just need time to re-load. Can't wait to see the pictures BM69 took as well. Working on the ones I took too.

Edit: Well I'm not sure what is wrong but I cant get some pictures from my phone on to the computer. Tried deleting some picture to get room on my phone disk but they will not display. Sorry :(

80stheman
07-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Love the pictures! Cp's coming to all who were there just need time to re-load. Can't wait to see the pictures BM69 took as well. Working on the ones I took too.

Edit: Well I'm not sure what is wrong but I cant get some pictures from my phone on to the computer. Tried deleting some picture to get room on my phone disk but they will not display. Sorry :(

Hope you can figure out how to get your pics off your phone.

jgod654
07-07-2014, 01:26 AM
dang guys...wish i was there!

Next time you need to hook up a PC to a big screen and let us internationals participate via Skype ;-)

BroncoManiac_69
07-07-2014, 10:52 AM

I'll obviously have to wait until we get home before I can post the pics. We have to leave Colorado tomorrow morning. :(

Spending the rest of our time here at my mom's house in Johnstown. No purple kool-aid either. Those that were there will understand that one. :laugh:

We too had a GREAT time. My wife was a bit nervous about meeting everyone but that quickly went away after we arrived. Wished more folks could have made it, but it was a pleasure to meet those that did.

The stadium is absolutely beautiful at night. Except when a certain Alastor decided he was going to do something that pictures would be against the COC. :laugh:

And one_bad's wife had me cracking up all night. Very funny lady.

Once again..... what a pleasure and fun filled night it turned out to be. SO GLAD we had this gathering.

Broncbeat
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I'll obviously have to wait until we get home before I can post the pics. We have to leave Colorado tomorrow morning. :(

Spending the rest of our time here at my mom's house in Johnstown. No purple kool-aid either. Those that were there will understand that one. :laugh:

We too had a GREAT time. My wife was a bit nervous about meeting everyone but that quickly went away after we arrived. Wished more folks could have made it, but it was a pleasure to meet those that did.

The stadium is absolutely beautiful at night. Except when a certain Alastor decided he was going to do something that pictures would be against the COC. :laugh:

Once again..... what a pleasure and fun filled night it turned out to be. SO GLAD we had this gathering.

:laugh: at purple kool-aid

:laugh: Yeah Alastor sure did get a little crazy their. I was just commenting to 80's about that on FB. Can't wait to see that picture on FB though lol.

ebsoria
07-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Cory.. is that the table we sat at whgen I let your daughter "tat" my arm up??

one_bad_55
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Spending the rest of our time here at my mom's house in Johnstown. No purple kool-aid either. Those that were there will understand that one.

The stadium is absolutely beautiful at night. Except when a certain Alastor decided he was going to do something that pictures would be against the COC.

My wife was a little nervous about coming as well. It is amazing what a couple bottles of Chardonnay will do to easy your nerves. :cheers:

:laugh: at purple kool-aid

Yeah Alastor sure did get a little crazy their. I was just commenting to 80's about that on FB. Can't wait to see that picture on FB though lol.

Goodthing my pictures of Alastor didn't come out, because I would have posted them. :eek: We won't talk about what he did as we could all be banned. :D

My wife and myself had an absolute blast. Next time maybe some more people will come and have some fun with us.

58Miller
07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Sorry if you already mentioned it but how many showed?

58Miller
07-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Cory.. is that the table we sat at whgen I let your daughter "tat" my arm up??
Ebsoria we should have a meet and greet in Sactown!

one_bad_55
07-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Sorry if you already mentioned it but how many showed?

I think the head count was 11. I think the low number was because it was part of a holiday weekend so a lot of people had mentioned other plans. The original head count was 25-30 people so we had some no shows. :mad:

We definitely need to do this again just on a normal Saturday and all the local forum member can join us. Get out from behind the computer and come out and have some fun. :salute:

58Miller
07-07-2014, 05:29 PM
I think the head count was 11. I think the low number was because it was part of a holiday weekend so a lot of people had mentioned other plans. The original head count was 25-30 people so we had some no shows. :mad:

We definitely need to do this again just on a normal Saturday and all the local forum member can join us. Get out from behind the computer and come out and have some fun. :salute:
Thank you for sharing. I live in Sacramento,CA but I'll be out for the SF Sunday night game OCT. 19th do you guys do anything at the pre-game or tailgate?

one_bad_55
07-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Is this a reverse selfie, with a photobomb in the back ground?

http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_215733.jpg

one_bad_55
07-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Thank you for sharing. I live in Sacramento,CA but I'll be out for the SF Sunday night game OCT. 19th do you guys do anything at the pre-game or tailgate?

I personally do not have season tickets but I always have pre-game rituals.

This is us before the Raiders game last year.

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/indiana_jones_ritual.jpg?itok=q_lf2BJZ

58Miller
07-08-2014, 12:57 AM
I personally do not have season tickets but I always have pre-game rituals.

This is us before the Raiders game last year.

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/indiana_jones_ritual.jpg?itok=q_lf2BJZ That's awesome!

80stheman
07-08-2014, 11:55 AM

I would be up for getting together again. Maybe next time we can meet at Breckenridge Brewery.

johntbronco
07-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I would be up for getting together again. Maybe next time we can meet at Breckenridge Brewery. that sounds fun. Another idea if anyone is interested in going to the broncos summer scrimmage? August 2nd. It will be at spots authority field and is free. 11Am and gates open at 10. Would be fun to go w people that have good knowledge

ebsoria
07-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Ebsoria we should have a meet and greet in Sactown!

Hmmm... quite possibly. Maybe in Roseville at Diamond Plate....

58_VONDOOM_92
07-08-2014, 02:09 PM
that sounds fun. Another idea if anyone is interested in going to the broncos summer scrimmage? August 2nd. It will be at spots authority field and is free. 11Am and gates open at 10. Would be fun to go w people that have good knowledge
I would be down with that for sure! Especially since all the practices at dove valley will be closed to the public cause of construction

58Miller
07-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Hmmm... quite possibly. Maybe in Roseville at Diamond Plate....
Diamond Plate! I was there last night after my softball game at Mahany Field (Yes I play softball I'm still in denial that im old haha). Cool man I'm down let me know when.

one_bad_55
07-08-2014, 04:15 PM
that sounds fun. Another idea if anyone is interested in going to the broncos summer scrimmage? August 2nd. It will be at spots authority field and is free. 11Am and gates open at 10. Would be fun to go w people that have good knowledge

I like that idea. Anytime you can get into Spots Authority Field for free is a bonus. :D

We could do a mini tailgate party after the practice!!!!!!

johntbronco
07-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I like that idea. Anytime you can get into Spots Authority Field for free is a bonus. :D

We could do a mini tailgate party after the practice!!!!!!

Cool! So it sounds like we have at least three that would be interested and hopefully many more! :)
So, how do I set this up? Do I start another thread?
The scrimmage is on Aug 2 at 11am with gates opening at 10am. So, I'm thinking we need to meet somewhere outside the stadium at 9:30 or 9:45? What do you think?

one_bad_55
07-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Cool! So it sounds like we have at least three that would be interested and hopefully many more! :)
The scrimmage is on Aug 2 at 11am with gates opening at 10am. So, I'm thinking we need to meet somewhere outside the stadium at 9:30 or 9:45? What do you think?

John check your PM

80stheman
07-08-2014, 09:41 PM

Great idea, unfortunately I won't be able to go. I have a gig in Vail that day. Aren't they doing a couple of scrimmages at Spots since fans can't go to Dove Valley this year?

Frenchy180
07-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Great idea, unfortunately I won't be able to go. I have a gig in Vail that day. Aren't they doing a couple of scrimmages at Spots since fans can't go to Dove Valley this year?

yes, July 27th, July 30th, and August 2nd...

johntbronco
07-09-2014, 04:46 AM
i picked August 2nd because the July 27th and 29th dates said open practice, not scrimmage:
Sunday, July 27
11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. (open practice at Sports Authority Field at Mile High)

Wednesday, July 30
11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. (open practice at Sports Authority Field at Mile High)

Saturday, August 2
11 a.m. (Summer Scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High)

CoryWinget81
07-09-2014, 06:53 AM

I'd start another thread, oh, and I'm in. :smile:

BroncoManiac_69
07-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Still catching up on chores since our house sitters didn't do anything. Damn kids anyway. LOL :rolleyes:

I planned on downloading the camera and posting pics on Saturday but now I have to work. :sad:

Hopefully get to it on Sunday.

There were 11 board members and some had spouses. I think we hit a total of 17? :confused:

Reverse selfie..... :laugh:

ebsoria
07-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Still catching up on chores since our house sitters didn't do anything. Damn kids anyway. LOL :rolleyes:

I planned on downloading the camera and posting pics on Saturday but now I have to work. :sad:

Hopefully get to it on Sunday.

There were 11 board members and some had spouses. I think we hit a total of 17? :confused:

Reverse selfie..... :laugh:

I saw that on FB.. I think it's called "eifles"??? :confused:

BroncoManiac_69
07-12-2014, 05:43 PM
BM69 & better half.
http://www.r-goods.com/sports/Broncos-forum-meet-greet/20140705_202950.jpg

Better half is right. Men ALWAYS bow to our woman. :salute:

Nice pic of us.

Still need to download our pics and share. I had to work all day today and not in a happy mood with more chores to do.

one_bad_55
07-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Better half is right. Men ALWAYS bow to our woman. :salute:

Nice pic of us.

Still need to download our pics and share. I had to work all day today and not in a happy mood with more chores to do.

You got that right, a happy wife means a happy hubby.