PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Salute the Fans tour 2014

JWinn
04-15-2014, 09:47 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/event/Mile-High-Salute-to-Fans-Tour-201404160900/f3590346-3595-45f5-b0ca-5b23f5df344b

Anyone going, or gone yet?

I hope to catch it in either Monument or Castle Rock.

:logo:

Peanut
04-15-2014, 10:21 PM
I wish I could go.

Hey, JWinn, maybe you can suggest to them that they should come East. :D

JWinn
04-15-2014, 10:56 PM
I dunno Peanut. Trips to the East Coast just don't go well for us. lol

Kinda surprised I have not seen anything about this here. I know not too many people live even regionally local, but I also know there are several members who live along this years route.

The last two stops work perfect for me this year. I can fish on Saturday, and see this right on my way home.Just 5 minutes from the lake to the first one, and the final stop would also be technically on my way home. Just a different route, but I could adjust, as that last stop gets pretty close to players homes, and maybe a few more might show.

Probably not, but….

I saw a lot of players are here for off season workouts, and Castle Rock isn't too far from Dove Valley. I could stop for Sushi on the way home even! lol. Something to justify my going thru the Rock instead of straight home.

JWinn
04-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Peanut, I am curious.

Did you even know about this? Do you get Broncos email from the team, outside of the boards?

I know it's been announced on the local TV news and in the local online outlets, like the Post, but I also got several emails directly from the team about this.

I always assume most members here also get a lot of the same emails I get. Not the ticket stuff obviously, but I get almost daily emails from them, about just about everything it seems, lol. Stuff any fan can sign up for.

Stuff like the Orange & Blue Weekly Newsletter (which seems daily sometimes, lol). Although the team also sends me a ton of other email that is not just directed at me, or just at ticket holders, ya know. A lot of "Broncos store" emails.

Ya see, I always assumed a lot of members get a lot of this email from the team, and that surely a few of them got something about this, yet it's already started, and nobody's posted about it.

I wonder if everyone does get all the Bronco "spam" I do. Those that do must have seen this.

Now I am not so sure.

Just curious.

Jaws
04-15-2014, 11:41 PM
I wish I could go.

Hey, JWinn, maybe you can suggest to them that they should come East. :D

And then catch a shark taxi to North Wales :D

Peanut
04-15-2014, 11:47 PM
I do get the emails from the team. I hadn't looked at the most recent one.

I just checked. It's a weekly email. I also get the Christmas greeting and the birthday one.

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this, too.

Have fun and please tell us how it went.

JWinn
04-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Last day of the tour! Did anyone go?

They are in Monument from 4 to 5 today at the Tri Lakes YMCA, if anyone's close, and interested. That's where I plan to hit it. :thumb:

JWinn
04-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Well, that totally sucked.

About 300 people showed up, and stood in line outside the YMCA.

As the line moved into the building though, I guess someone decided to split the three players (Ben Garland, Malik Jackson, and Virgil Green) up, into three different areas. Ben and Malik in two separate room, and Virgil outside by the bus, where I was standing in line before.

Each player with a cheerleader, and Miles with Virgil Green.

A guy tell me if I want Virgil, who's card I brought, I am now in the wrong line. This is now the Ben Garland line. It's been 45 minutes, and I know it's gonna end soon, so I leave my spot in that line, and go outside and get in the Virgil line, which they are going to now close - running out of time.

Then the guy comes up and say there's no line for Malik Jackson, and we can slip in. But of course, when several of us go in, there's a huge line, and now we are out of luck, all lines are closed. They have to move on to Castle Rock.

Ya know, I just don't get it. They can have 80,000 people show up to their stadium, but are overwhelmed by 300 people, and at the last second, decide to change everything, and split them up. Not giving anyone enough time to possibly meet all three players. Maybe if you were right in front or at the back, but those of us in the middle, who didn't the announcement about them splitting the players up, got screwed.

I came home with nothing. Never met a player or cheerleader.

Not going to waste my time with this kind of nonsense anymore. The Broncos clearly have no idea how to just run a simple event.

They do it at every home game without a problem, and they do it at the club level brunch every year without a problem. But today it's clear they had someone running it who has no idea what they are doing, and should maybe find a job with a different organization.

He actually told me he was overwhelmed by the amount of people. He had no idea the team was this popular.

:jawdrop: A complete idiot who must live in a cave…….

I know most people had a great time, and good for them. But some of us did not get saluted, we got hosed.

Peanut
04-19-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry it didn't turn out well. You should let someone at the organization know so that it won't happen again. Can you imagine how a little kid would feel? I wonder how the other stops went?

Jaws
04-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Sounds like this was very poorly organised.
Sorry you had such an underwhelming experience.

JWinn
04-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Eh, it happens.

I am just having that kind of week.

The CD player in the Mustang stopped working Monday.
The throttle on my tiller is broken, and would not start today.
I have TWO lost mail packages, one going and one coming, both with tracking.

And just a million other little things that just are not going "my way" this week.

Probably would have sunk my plastic, unsinkable boat if I went on the lake today, lol.

If I had shown up ten minutes earlier, or even ten minutes later, I would not have been in the wrong place at the wrong time to not get the correct information.

I'll tell ya though. There was only 6 people. Three players, two cheerleaders, and MIles. Having them all at one table would not have been a problem, and everyone would have gotten thru just fine. They started with one line, they should have just stuck with it.

They have six alumni sign at a single table at games sometimes, and manage just fine there with the same amount of people wanting an autograph, in a MUCH bigger crowd.

Yeah, I left my rep message, but will call her back Monday and apologize. I was pissed off!lol She didn't have anything to do with this. Which was obvious though, because had she been there, I am sure it would have gone much better.

She would not have made the decision to split up the players, and not tell the fans.

Peanut
04-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Eh, it happens.

I am just having that kind of week.

The CD player in the Mustang stopped working Monday.
The throttle on my tiller is broken, and would not start today.
I have TWO lost mail packages, one going and one coming, both with tracking.

And just a million other little things that just are not going "my way" this week.

Probably would have sunk my plastic, unsinkable boat if I went on the lake today, lol.

If I had shown up ten minutes earlier, or even ten minutes later, I would not have been in the wrong place at the wrong time to not get the correct information.

I'll tell ya though. There was only 6 people. Three players, two cheerleaders, and MIles. Having them all at one table would not have been a problem, and everyone would have gotten thru just fine. They started with one line, they should have just stuck with it.

They have six alumni sign at a single table at games sometimes, and manage just fine there with the same amount of people wanting an autograph, in a MUCH bigger crowd.

Yeah, I left my rep message, but will call her back Monday and apologize. I was pissed off!lol She didn't have anything to do with this. Which was obvious though, because had she been there, I am sure it would have gone much better.

She would not have made the decision to split up the players, and not tell the fans.

I've had one of those weeks, too. A lot of little things and one HUGE event on Monday.

They need to know so that they can fix it. It gives the team a bad rep. Shouldn't have unhappy people because of incompetence.

Jaws
04-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Just to make you two feel better, I've had a fantastic week ;)

JWinn
04-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Well, I know I can speak for all Broncos Country when I say we are all happier when the sharks are happy and we'll fed.

:thumb:

Jaws
04-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Well, I know I can speak for all Broncos Country when I say we are all happier when the sharks are happy and we'll fed.

:thumb:

Hehe.
Better a fed shark than a fed up one :D

Hope this next week takes a turn for the better for you :beer:

JWinn
04-21-2014, 03:40 PM
So I talked to my rep today.

I forgot, and she called me back. :heh:

Told her how it was just as much my fault, explained my week to her, and that while it could have been better, at least in my opinion, I am sure most people were pretty happy.

Really, I think they got surprised by the amount of people who showed up for Ben Garland, as Monument is a HUGE Air Force town, being just North of the Academy. ;) It's very military down there. I see uniforms, military plates, etc, just about every time I go down there.

But she told me they still plan to have the private practice brunches for the Club and Box people despite the construction at DV. Might be at the stadium this year, and that would be very cool with me. So that's good news, as I was kinda expecting them to do something different this year, (like a DVD or something else equally spectacular, lol) and have come to love that brunch.

So I am happy again. Plus the mail brought me 5 more very rare Julius cards today, including two 1/1's that I thought I would never get second chances on. It was a very good mail day, lol.

Back to wearing my usual colors. haha :thumb:

FL BRONCO
04-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Well, that totally sucked.

About 300 people showed up, and stood in line outside the YMCA.

As the line moved into the building though, I guess someone decided to split the three players (Ben Garland, Malik Jackson, and Virgil Green) up, into three different areas. Ben and Malik in two separate room, and Virgil outside by the bus, where I was standing in line before.

Each player with a cheerleader, and Miles with Virgil Green.

A guy tell me if I want Virgil, who's card I brought, I am now in the wrong line. This is now the Ben Garland line. It's been 45 minutes, and I know it's gonna end soon, so I leave my spot in that line, and go outside and get in the Virgil line, which they are going to now close - running out of time.

Then the guy comes up and say there's no line for Malik Jackson, and we can slip in. But of course, when several of us go in, there's a huge line, and now we are out of luck, all lines are closed. They have to move on to Castle Rock.

Ya know, I just don't get it. They can have 80,000 people show up to their stadium, but are overwhelmed by 300 people, and at the last second, decide to change everything, and split them up. Not giving anyone enough time to possibly meet all three players. Maybe if you were right in front or at the back, but those of us in the middle, who didn't the announcement about them splitting the players up, got screwed.

I came home with nothing. Never met a player or cheerleader.

Not going to waste my time with this kind of nonsense anymore. The Broncos clearly have no idea how to just run a simple event.

They do it at every home game without a problem, and they do it at the club level brunch every year without a problem. But today it's clear they had someone running it who has no idea what they are doing, and should maybe find a job with a different organization.

He actually told me he was overwhelmed by the amount of people. He had no idea the team was this popular.

:jawdrop: A complete idiot who must live in a cave…….

I know most people had a great time, and good for them. But some of us did not get saluted, we got hosed.

Ehh sorry man. Everybody has a bad day. If that was yours I wonder how bad the orgaizers was. Obviously ill prepard and made the wrong adjustments to try to compensate. I wouldn't doubt he no longer has a job at this point or at least no longer has that job and I doubt he got a promotion. Feel bad for both of you. But at least you know you will get the chance to meet players again. Hope it goes better next time:salute:

JWinn
04-21-2014, 05:48 PM
I hope nobody loses a job over this. It wasn't that big a deal. Just a little miscommunication, that's all.

Oh, here's how to get the Newsletter, just in case anyone's interested.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/orange-and-blue-news.html

Peanut
04-21-2014, 10:13 PM
So I talked to my rep today.

I forgot, and she called me back. :heh:

Told her how it was just as much my fault, explained my week to her, and that while it could have been better, at least in my opinion, I am sure most people were pretty happy.

Really, I think they got surprised by the amount of people who showed up for Ben Garland, as Monument is a HUGE Air Force town, being just North of the Academy. ;) It's very military down there. I see uniforms, military plates, etc, just about every time I go down there.

But she told me they still plan to have the private practice brunches for the Club and Box people despite the construction at DV. Might be at the stadium this year, and that would be very cool with me. So that's good news, as I was kinda expecting them to do something different this year, (like a DVD or something else equally spectacular, lol) and have come to love that brunch.

So I am happy again. Plus the mail brought me 5 more very rare Julius cards today, including two 1/1's that I thought I would never get second chances on. It was a very good mail day, lol.

Back to wearing my usual colors. haha :thumb:

I remember you talking about the brunches before. I'm trying not to be envious of you.

I'm glad you're happy again. :D

I got an e-mail today from the Redskins. I have no idea why it came to me and not hubby. It was for an invite to a Draft Day Party. Appearances by players and alumni. Exclusive tour of the LR. Raffle for signed items. Free admission and parking. We have prior commitments that day. I so want him to go. I'm going to talk him into going. I can take care of things here.

Jaws
04-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Glad things are looking up again JWinn :thumb:

JWinn
04-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I remember you talking about the brunches before. I'm trying not to be envious of you.

I'm glad you're happy again. :D

I got an e-mail today from the Redskins. I have no idea why it came to me and not hubby. It was for an invite to a Draft Day Party. Appearances by players and alumni. Exclusive tour of the LR. Raffle for signed items. Free admission and parking. We have prior commitments that day. I so want him to go. I'm going to talk him into going. I can take care of things here.

That sounds like fun.

We got that a couple of years in a row, a while back. Mtn man went to those.

Parties in the club, with long tables of players and alumni, with food and drink, and access to seats. During the evening, you could take a locker room tour and maybe get a few more autos. I have two balls from both years. 1 each, covered in ink.

In 2004, BVP and Nick Ferguson were in the locker room with a case of beer under the table, lol. & I ran over out of the way, and got the Greek (Antonopolis) to sign my ball that night. Not an easy auto to get actually, in my experience, but he was happy to sign for me.

And yup, we had, and still have raffles. I was close last year on my little red ticket. Just a ticket off on a Champ full sized helmet. The guy who came in right before me got it. (burn, lol) And yeah, those were also free, but free for people who had already shelled out for premium tickets.

However, for a few years there, we got a Media Guide on CD rom, or a DVD in the mail.

I kinda like the events better myself. :laugh:

This was different. This was a traveling tour open to anyone who wanted to come, regardless of how much you pay for tickets, or how little you watch on tv. Even if you never buy a thing, and don't even watch, you were welcome to this event.

All ya gotta do is want an autograph, and to meet a player, or cheerleader if your just a young guy. Several of the guys in the line near me were much more interested in the girls than the guys, lol.

Yup, he should go. Honestly, you should screw "prior commitment" and go yourself also. Things like that are rare opportunities your really shouldn't pass up if you can make it happen.

I'd go for any team.

You should go. For sure. If you can swing it. Wear a hidious shirt for a day, you can do it. :thumb:

It's ok. I'll write you a pass. lol

JWinn
04-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Oh, and thank you ladies. You two are the best. :salute:

Although one of you has something in your teeth…. :laugh:

Jaws
04-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Oh, and thank you ladies. You two are the best. :salute:

Although one of you has something in your teeth…. :laugh: