PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Fans in San Diego?

86Elwayfan
10-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I am going to the game Monday (just found out) and was wondering if I should expect a lot of hostility that sort of thing? Though I know the games never sell out there...I may get lucky enough to not have to sit near many SD fans! :P :D :goz:

CoryWinget81
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I am going to the game Monday (just found out) and was wondering if I should expect a lot of hostility that sort of thing? Though I know the games never sell out there...I may get lucky enough to not have to sit near many SD fans! :P :D :goz:

Expect lots of people that can name about 4 people on the team and ask "put whatshisname in!" when "whatshisname" was traded 3 seasons ago.

#87Birdman
10-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Going to the game. I can't see it being that hostile since they have like 10 fans or so lol :P

86Elwayfan
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Going to the game. I can't see it being that hostile since they have like 10 fans or so lol :P

That's what I was thinking haha. Where are your seats?? I am in Plaza 60 (I think??) Row 5

#87Birdman
10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
That's what I was thinking haha. Where are your seats?? I am in Plaza 60 (I think??) Row 5

Rereading mine I can see why you think I'm going to the game lol. The period should be a ? :P. I'm not going to the game even though I wish I could :(

86Elwayfan
10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Rereading mine I can see why you think I'm going to the game lol. The period should be a ? :P. I'm not going to the game even though I wish I could :(

At least you understand my confusion haha. I'll cheer extra loud for all of my fellow Bronco Country brethren. I did find it funny that I was able to buy my tickets on ticketmaster still as the original tix are still on sale haha. Ours sell out in 30 minutes theirs don't sell out in 3 months. :) :coffee:

FabrizioHC
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Normally it's like 60% Bronco fans at Qualcomm so yeah, no hostility. I'll hopefully see you all there! :salute:

DarkCovers
10-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I'll be there, field level behind the Bronco bench! Hoping to see a lot of Denver fans!

bronco n diego
10-13-2012, 01:48 PM

I have lived in San Diego for six years now. I have only been to one Bronco game, (when we got blown out with Cutler), but I can tell you that their fans are jerks. I went with my wife, a Charger fan, for fun, and I couldn't even have a beer because I would of cracked some one. I thought it was just a bad experience but we went again to a Jets Charger game and the fans were the same. We were on the trolley and two guys were picking on a 12 year old kid for having a Farve shirt on. Just my two experiences but neither were good. Bunch of dueche begs if you ask me.

RockyMts69
10-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I've made six Denver-SD games and NEVER once have I had ANY problems what so ever. That includes taking the trolley to and from Old Town.

The SD fans have always acted classy IMO. Even at Petco Park, never a problem...

Have a few beers, loosen up, and have fun!

db1978
10-13-2012, 06:10 PM
It'll be sold out cuz it's MNF but there will be 30 to 40% Denver fans. This early in the season charger fans tend to think they're all that, but after the Broncos get ahead and win they'll be more annoyed at Norv than you.

BroncosBling
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
There's another thread titled 'Invading San Diego' which we've also posted on there. However, we're in club section 44 South However, there will be a party bus coming from LA SWAMPED with Orange/Blue family and we'll be heading over there around 4 (wife gets off work kinda late), Usually, there's 40-45% Bronco family then 30% chugger "fans" then the rest are fans of other teams looking for something to do on Monday night.. this city is the WORST when it comes to having a "fanbase" for the chuggers...

ask me how I know.

DenverFanInKC
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Simple question.

I have moved from one enemy's territory, Kansas City, to another, San Diego.

I am asking if any other Bronco fans live here and if so does anyone get together for games?

Cheers!
Keep it Orange.

Gsam
04-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Simple question.

I have moved from one enemy's territory, Kansas City, to another, San Diego.

I am asking if any other Bronco fans live here and if so does anyone get together for games?

Cheers!
Keep it Orange.

Chiefs Burgers and brew! look no further!

http://www.chiefsburgersandbrew.com/

Gsam
04-23-2014, 03:55 PM
BTW! this is awesome to look at even if you arent in SD!

http://www.chiefsburgersandbrew.com/broncogallery.html

sheenabobeena
04-23-2014, 03:59 PM
I don't live in San Diego but my husband is from there (and is a Chargers fan). We live in LA and go to the Broncos vs Chargers game in San Diego every season. Half the stadium is bright orange at those games. Kinda sad for them, but so much fun for us. See you there this season! :thumb:

DenverFanInKC
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM
That is awesome!

I will be there for sure this fall.

Think anything will go on there for first round draft night?

DenverFanInKC
04-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Sheenabobeena,

Definitely will have to go to the game this year.

If still in touch at that time have to hook up for a drink or two before the game.

sheenabobeena
04-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Sheenabobeena,

Definitely will have to go to the game this year.

If still in touch at that time have to hook up for a drink or two before the game.

deal! :beer:

SoundsOfSuccess
04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Live in Orange County right now. There's as many Broncos fans as Chargers fans and Patriots fans here. You'll run across them and Chargers games will be heavily orange... Enjoy the 70 degree Decembers ;)

KeystoneBronco
04-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Hey man,

There are ABSOLUTELY fans of the Broncos in San Diego, have no fear! There's actually a great meetup group. Check out: http://www.meetup.com/broncosindiego/

I highly suggest you join that group, and go to the outtings! I'm sure i'll see you there!

-Dan

Ehveek03
04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
That is awesome!

I will be there for sure this fall.

Think anything will go on there for first round draft night?

I live about 6 hours away from San Diego but I plan on being there for that game .... Here's to seeing you there 👍

ChupaThingy
04-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Me! Im probably going to head to some of the games listed on that meetup link listed earlier in the thread. Especially ones not in prime time where id likely be forced to watch a Chargers game on TV. Yuck.

fasso
09-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Thinking of going to the game in San Diego while on a family vacation. Most of the lower Field Sideline seats behind the Broncos say obstructed view, should these be avoided? If a person chose to sit in this area what would be a safe row to be in with kids for best viewing? Any other recommended locations at Qualcomm Stadium? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

sheenabobeena
09-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Thinking of going to the game in San Diego while on a family vacation. Most of the lower Field Sideline seats behind the Broncos say obstructed view, should these be avoided? If a person chose to sit in this area what would be a safe row to be in with kids for best viewing? Any other recommended locations at Qualcomm Stadium? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

You and your kids would basically be safe in any section. San Diego fans are not as aggressive as our other division rivals. I have gone to games in my bright orange jersey with no issues at all, just playful banter. In fact, at the last Broncos @ Chargers game, the stadium was practically 50% orange.

rjf32
10-09-2014, 09:01 AM
This will be my first time attending a Broncos game and I am wondering if the fans wear different color shirts on different game days so that I know which shirt to pack? We will be attending the game on the 23rd against the chargers.

JWinn
10-09-2014, 01:47 PM
The theme continues this year;

"United in ORANGE"

Sooo…… PINK! :laugh:

We have Orange Sunday's here, and the odd Orange Monday. Even when we wore blue. Pretty much everyone is on board with the theme. Most of the old blue jerseys stay in the closet on game days these days.

Have fun!

:logo:

fasso
10-10-2014, 04:57 PM
You and your kids would basically be safe in any section. San Diego fans are not as aggressive as our other division rivals. I have gone to games in my bright orange jersey with no issues at all, just playful banter. In fact, at the last Broncos @ Chargers game, the stadium was practically 50% orange.

Thanks for the rsp. By safe I meant the best place for them to see the game. Would like to be lower field but reading lots of reviews about obstructed views. Would anybody recommend lower field for kids? Where's the best place to sit? Looking forward to this game.