PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Finals Thread

Thors Hammer
06-04-2014, 07:41 AM
With my team long been eliminated, I find myself pulling for the Rangers with the hopes that former Wisconsin Badgers Derek Stepan And Ryan McDonagh will get their name on the cup. I know the Kings are heavy favorites, but a hot goalie can turn a series, and Lundqvist has that ability.

Rangers in 7.

CanDB
06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I guess the league got what they wanted......a NY/LA final. But I have to be honest, I am not a big fan of either team, and am more excited about the upcoming offseason - draft, free agents, trades, especially as they relate to my Jets.

If I was betting on the last series, I'd go LA. They are a big, fast, talented, never say die team, with an elite Goalie (Quick), Defenseman (Doughty) and Forward (Kopitar), who play within an extremely balanced overall team. With their goal scoring of late, they can play any style of game.

But I do agree, NY has a goalie who can steal the show!

Remedy
06-04-2014, 12:47 PM
I wish both teams could lose. sigh.

Houshmazode
06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Ha, I don't like either cities or franchises in general either. I hope the series goes to 7 with LA coming out on top.

LSIGRAD09
06-04-2014, 05:11 PM
LA in 7. The Rangers beat the Pens, I can't possibly root for them. :)

Houshmazode
06-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Doughty's goal was pretty neat.

Thors Hammer
06-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Rangers got robbed last night. Lundqvist was clearly interfered with on the Kings third goal. Hopefully it doesn't define what has been a great start to the Finals.

CanDB
06-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Something about this LA team that seems like a freight train destined to make it to the end. They could have lost all 3 series, having to take every one to a 7th game, and after losing 3 straight games in two of them. And going to OT in both of these games is not a sure fire way of winning, but they have. And in some ways, they are playing a different game, scoring more goals than they usually do.....and giving up more as well. Again, you win by scoring more than you give up, and it doesn't really matter how you do it in the end, if you win the cup. But as mentioned in another post, this team is capable of playing various styles, and that's a bonus as a team. And in the world of matching up, they clearly match up well with most (if not all) teams.

LSIGRAD09
06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Best trophy in sports!

CanDB
06-14-2014, 06:44 PM
That was one heck of a final game!!! No one quit, and the OT was amazing!! How many posts were hit in OT alone?

The Kings deserved the "crown". But they did not have it easy, in any of the 4 series. They played "team" hockey, and it was pretty much textbook. You never want to come up against a team that has talent (including a few real stars in key positions), never takes a break, and never says die....even if down in crucial games. I am not a fan of the team, but I am a big fan of their style and commitment to the game. Congrats Kings!!!