PDA

View Full Version : HELP! First time at Sports Authortity field, seat choice

602BroncoFan
06-30-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm taking my son to the home game against Broncos, I'm concerned whether or not the sun will set in our faces if we sit on East or North east side, is this a legitimate concern for those of you who have been in stadium? Thanks

JWinn
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Yup, the sun sets in the West, so those in the East stands get to see that, and get the glare on some games. It depends on the game, the time of year.

Which game were you going to?

:logo:

602BroncoFan
06-30-2014, 02:31 PM
THANK YOU! It's the home game vs. Cardinals, at since that game starts at 2pm, I'm thinking the sun will be coming down shining directly in the faces for most of the game

JWinn
06-30-2014, 02:36 PM
THANK YOU! It's the home game vs. Cardinals, at since that game starts at 2pm, I'm thinking the sun will be coming down shining directly in the faces for most of the game

In early October, yeah it will. You'll want sunglasses and hats, for sure.

Never know, it might be cloudy that day.

It's not so bad in the North stands. The sun is to the right, and you only get half burned, lol.

Have fun! :thumb:

602BroncoFan
06-30-2014, 02:39 PM
I live in AZ where we always have to duck the sun so I'm getting seats on the West side of stadium. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!

JWinn
06-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I live in AZ where we always have to duck the sun so I'm getting seats on the West side of stadium. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!

That's where I sit. Behind the Broncos. You'll be happier there.

I used to sit in the East stands when I was a kid, and hated it there. I was in a box, and we just cooked in there in the late afternoons. I was very happy when we moved West in the early 90's. Much cooler to start with during the early season games.

Yeah, if the Sun is a problem for you, glare, etc, you want to be on the West side for the day games.

However, when it's cold, which is very unlikely for the Cards on Oct 5th, the East side can be a bit warmer in the sun. Both sides have benefits and drawbacks. For me, the West Club gets hot, where those baking outside over on the East have a nice cool place to go into, lol. Sucks during pre game on a night game. It gets so hot in there, and bright sometimes. Of course, once I go out to my seats, it's cooler in the shade, and there's no glare. And since I don't buy the tickets to sit in the lobby…… :thumb:

The West side it is.

86Elwayfan
06-30-2014, 03:22 PM
I say East side is where its at. All the cool kids (ahem me cough cough) sit on the East side. :P But i do suppose it is true as JWinn says the sun shines on us for a good portion of the game in the early part of the season.

JWinn
06-30-2014, 03:34 PM
He's right, but notice, he said "cool KIDS".

The adults move West when they grow up. :laugh:

602BroncoFan
06-30-2014, 05:34 PM
I hear you on that. I can tolerate some sun shine, but the thought of paying all that money to see this one game, and having to hold my hand over my eyes for most of it had me concerned. I ended up getting seats in the 320 section so we will be in the North East corner. Looking forward to it!
That's where I sit. Behind the Broncos. You'll be happier there.

I used to sit in the East stands when I was a kid, and hated it there. I was in a box, and we just cooked in there in the late afternoons. I was very happy when we moved West in the early 90's. Much cooler to start with during the early season games.

Yeah, if the Sun is a problem for you, glare, etc, you want to be on the West side for the day games.

However, when it's cold, which is very unlikely for the Cards on Oct 5th, the East side can be a bit warmer in the sun. Both sides have benefits and drawbacks. For me, the West Club gets hot, where those baking outside over on the East have a nice cool place to go into, lol. Sucks during pre game on a night game. It gets so hot in there, and bright sometimes. Of course, once I go out to my seats, it's cooler in the shade, and there's no glare. And since I don't buy the tickets to sit in the lobby…… :thumb:

The West side it is.

JWinn
06-30-2014, 05:49 PM
http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/denver_broncos/#/p_320_2/

You should be pretty happy there. :thumb: