PDA

View Full Version : It Would Be So Cool If Lebron Was A Cav (Again)!

CanDB
07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I still don't know how good a chance there is that Lebron James will return to Cleveland, but I'll tell you what, if he does sign with The Cavs I sure would think it's cool! I mean, who expects stars to leave a lesser team to the bright lights, and then return?? I would be especially happy for The Cleveland fans. Where I live, we lost an NHL team, never expecting for it to return. And then, after many years had passed, we got second life with The Jets. I can't tell you how important that day was in our city's history.....to return to the big leagues. And for Cleveland, getting Lebron back would be huge, maybe not in the same way as what we experienced, but there would be some reasonable comparison. After all, Lebron is a unique talent that only comes around so often.

I don't count out the possibility. Cleveland has had a few drafts to stock up on some really good young players. And now they are clearing space so that they can make a serious bid to pay him. Maybe Lebron sees this team in a different light, as in, they may be a contender with him in the lineup. Maybe he cares about his roots. Maybe with another player or two, he is convinced that this is the right place for him to continue to add championships.

All I can say is this.....what a great story if he does sign with The Cavs!

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 03:59 AM
As a huge fan of Ohio teams except for football ( Broncos fan since 1986), I can tell you this story has people losing sleep in this state. I can also tell you how painful it was for me & thousands of other fans in this state to watch Lebron bail on us. However as time has gone on I have actually gotten over it & have in the back of my mind have been waiting for this day or period in time. I have always had a little feeling that the prodigal son would return home. I kept telling my friends or co workers LBJ is going back to Cleveland & they would all say I don't think so or your crazy lol.

I guess for me it really seemed more of a reality when the Spurs took Miami out of the finals so easily & other chains of events just kept unfolding. Like Lebron's wife posting that picture or Kyrie Irving signing a five year extension, yes the same Kyrie who the media kept saying for the last two years wanted out of Cleveland. Now with these last few days & all of the signs pointing toward Lake Erie, well I find myself constantly looking at my phone & various different sporting news sites. With hope, with the hope that I actually have something to look forward at (sporting wise) besides my beloved Broncos & Ohio St football. Your right CanDB, if Lebron returns to Cleveland it'll be a huge win for the city of Cleveland & the entire state of Ohio, but if he doesn't after all of this media build up & speculation, well it may hurt worse than the first time he left....

CanDB
07-10-2014, 05:41 AM
As a huge fan of Ohio teams except for football ( Broncos fan since 1986), I can tell you this story has people losing sleep in this state. I can also tell you how painful it was for me & thousands of other fans in this state to watch Lebron bail on us. However as time has gone on I have actually gotten over it & have in the back of my mind have been waiting for this day or period in time. I have always had a little feeling that the prodigal son would return home. I kept telling my friends or co workers LBJ is going back to Cleveland & they would all say I don't think so or your crazy lol.

I guess for me it really seemed more of a reality when the Spurs took Miami out of the finals so easily & other chains of events just kept unfolding. Like Lebron's wife posting that picture or Kyrie Irving signing a five year extension, yes the same Kyrie who the media kept saying for the last two years wanted out of Cleveland. Now with these last few days & all of the signs pointing toward Lake Erie, well I find myself constantly looking at my phone & various different sporting news sites. With hope, with the hope that I actually have something to look forward at (sporting wise) besides my beloved Broncos & Ohio St football. Your right CanDB, if Lebron returns to Cleveland it'll be a huge win for the city of Cleveland & the entire state of Ohio, but if he doesn't after all of this media build up & speculation, well it may hurt worse than the first time he left....

I'm pullin for you and all the Ohio fans!!!

There's a bit of a Canadian connection.....Cleveland sure likes drafting canucks!! Of course, if all goes well with Lebron, and maybe Love, I would expect at least one of the young Canadians to get traded.

:salute:

Spice 1
07-10-2014, 06:05 AM
I still don't know how good a chance there is that Lebron James will return to Cleveland, but I'll tell you what, if he does sign with The Cavs I sure would think it's cool! I mean, who expects stars to leave a lesser team to the bright lights, and then return?? I would be especially happy for The Cleveland fans. Where I live, we lost an NHL team, never expecting for it to return. And then, after many years had passed, we got second life with The Jets. I can't tell you how important that day was in our city's history.....to return to the big leagues. And for Cleveland, getting Lebron back would be huge, maybe not in the same way as what we experienced, but there would be some reasonable comparison. After all, Lebron is a unique talent that only comes around so often.

I don't count out the possibility. Cleveland has had a few drafts to stock up on some really good young players. And now they are clearing space so that they can make a serious bid to pay him. Maybe Lebron sees this team in a different light, as in, they may be a contender with him in the lineup. Maybe he cares about his roots. Maybe with another player or two, he is convinced that this is the right place for him to continue to add championships.

I've talked to a few people who claim they don't want him back, and I just look at them. At some point in time, you have to let your pride go a little and face the reality of your situation. What's done is done. If you would have asked me three and a half years ago, I would have taken him back. This is not a girl friend who dumped you, this is one of the five best basketball players to ever play the game.

Dude, I've been a Broncos fan since 86 too. lol. You're like a doppelganger sometimes, I swear.:D

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 06:58 AM
I'll be sick to my stomach if he goes back to Cleveland. I'll be fine if he goes anywhere but Cleveland.

Personally I still think he stays in Miami.

But I don't need my real life Ohio buddies running smack talk all the time again. And it annoys me to no end how much back pedaling the fans and owner have been doing since it became a possibility. All the trash talk on him for three years and then all of a sudden he is your hero again? Makes me sick.

They don't deserve him. Their no better than Heat fans.

I saw a picture yesterday on Facebook saying Knicks fans are waiting to see if they still have a star or not. Heat fans are waiting to find out of their still Heat fans.

Cavs fans are no different.

Spice 1
07-10-2014, 07:29 AM
I'll be sick to my stomach if he goes back to Cleveland. I'll be fine if he goes anywhere but Cleveland.

But I don't need my real life Ohio buddies running smack talk all the time again. And it annoys me to no end how much back pedaling the fans and owner have been doing since it became a possibility. All the trash talk on him for three years and then all of a sudden he is your hero again? Makes me sick.

I saw a picture yesterday on Facebook saying Knicks fans are waiting to see if they still have a star or not. Heat fans are waiting to find out of their still Heat fans.

It's hard not to let a few people dictate your perception of an entire fan base. I know I've done it once or twice in the past. You're definitely wrong though.:salute:

ebsoria
07-10-2014, 07:39 AM
It's hard not to let a few people dictate your perception of an entire fan base. I know I've done it once or twice in the past. You're definitely wrong though.:salute:

That's true. Look at the handful of Seattle fans here who changed the way we see Seahawk fans! They really aren't that bad.

Spice 1
07-10-2014, 07:50 AM
That's true. Look at the handful of Seattle fans here who changed the way we see Seahawk fans! They really aren't that bad.

I did the same thing. The bad apples are gone for the most part.

What sucks is that ESPN replays images like the guy burning the LeBron jersey, and it makes an impression on people. Of course, it doesn't help when your team's owner loses his mind in a moment of rage, and makes an ass of himself either.

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 08:12 AM
I did the same thing. The bad apples are gone for the most part.

What sucks is that ESPN replays images like the guy burning the LeBron jersey, and it makes an impression on people. Of course, it doesn't help when your team's owner loses his mind in a moment of rage, and makes an ass of himself either.

And left the letter posted to the Cavs official website until this past Monday.

Dan Gilbert deserves to have Lebron have a press conference in his office and say "psyche, I'm staying in South Beach"

Spice 1
07-10-2014, 08:28 AM
And left the letter posted to the Cavs official website until this past Monday.

Dan Gilbert deserves to have Lebron have a press conference in his office and say "psyche, I'm staying in South Beach"

That may or may not be the case, but the fans don't deserve that. I think LeBron's handled this about as well as he possibly could have so far.

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 08:39 AM
That may or may not be the case, but the fans don't deserve that. I think LeBron's handled this about as well as he possibly could have so far.

You are right the fans would not deserve to see him do that.

But Dan Gilbert definitely deserves to have it happen.

That's really the main reason I don't want him to return to Cleveland. It's not so much the fans so much as Dan Gilbert doesn't deserve it.

And I really don't see why Lebron would forgive him.

But maybe Lebron is over it.

I also don't see the roster incentives for Lebron.

Sure they have Kyrie and some talented draft picks. But even if the Heat lose Bosh they still have a better roster than Cleveland to win now.

Spice 1
07-10-2014, 09:01 AM
You are right the fans would not deserve to see him do that.

But Dan Gilbert definitely deserves to have it happen.

That's really the main reason I don't want him to return to Cleveland. It's not so much the fans so much as Dan Gilbert doesn't deserve it.

And I really don't see why Lebron would forgive him.

But maybe Lebron is over it.

I also don't see the roster incentives for Lebron.

Sure they have Kyrie and some talented draft picks. But even if the Heat lose Bosh they still have a better roster than Cleveland to win now.

Well, all the Gilbert stuff aside, if I'm LeBron, I have to look at it like this:

We know everyone wants to play with LeBron, but everyone would also rather play in Miami than Cleveland. Additionally, players generally trust/respect Pat Riley. So even if DWade is done, and they have to rely on Bosh for a couple years, there will still be players coming there after they get themselves out of cap purgatory down the road.

Cleveland has a couple of unknowns. Wiggins and Bennett. We know they have no significant interior. Kyrie is super talented, but he's not the best on the ball defender, and plays more like a 1-2 tweener. I do however, like the idea of having Waiters on the bench. He's like Manu Ginobili. Doesn't have the jumper, but he's a better on the ball defender right now than Ginobili ever was (pretty sure on that, at least). The Cavs would have to bamboozle people with the current roster, but they brought in a coach who doesn't run a conventional NBA system, so they can do that. Their roster is set up pretty well for the Princeton offense.

This is all taking into consideration, that Waiters or Wiggins don't get moved for you know who, or someone else. Would this lineup be capable of beating that Spurs team? Maybe not right now, but the Miami Heat sure as hell aren't. The Mami Heat only works if Wade is 100%, because their offense is so heavily predicated on him. They got away with it until he started to fade.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 12:14 PM

I think you have some Ohio hatred or something. You basically just judged a entire fan base due to the actions of a few. If you can't handle a little smack talk, well maybe you should give up watching sports. I'm a Cavs fan regardless of who's on the team & most are. The Lebron fans followed him to Miami when he went & I'm sure they will follow him back if he comes back. Lebron is from Akron Ohio man, he will be doing nothing more than coming home. If he does hopefully you find a way to stomach it!

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I think you have some Ohio hatred or something. You basically just judged a entire fan base due to the actions of a few. If you can't handle a little smack talk, well maybe you should give up watching sports. I'm a Cavs fan regardless of who's on the team & most are. The Lebron fans followed him to Miami when he went & I'm sure they will follow him back if he comes back. Lebron is from Akron Ohio man, he will be doing nothing more than coming home. If he does hopefully you find a way to stomach it!

This post just made me laugh hard. Who said I couldn't handle smack talk?

I can handle it but I'm obviously also going to dislike the team/state because of it.

It's mainly Buckeye fans. It's not just the two I'm good buddies with. All Ohio st fans are as bad as they come. And I've met several more than just my good buddies due to being in the military.

Trust me they got there's everytime Lebron choked in Cleveland and everytime the Buckeyes choked in the national title. But that doesn't mean I want to give them back the biggest weapon in the league.

Just like you wouldn't want Braxton Miller or Carlos Hyde to have transferred to Michigan. You can handle the smack talk. But it doesn't mean you want to see it happen.

InsaneBlaze23
07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I just can't wait for this crap to end. I don't like basketball and could careless what team James and his forehead plays for. What annoys me is ESPN doing nothing but talk about Lebron James. You're the self proclaimed world wide leader of sports, but the last 2 weeks have been Lebron James 24/7 with a brief break to show World Cup games.

InsaneBlaze23
07-10-2014, 01:18 PM

I can handle it but I'm obviously also going to dislike the team/state because of it.

It's mainly Buckeye fans. It's not just the two I'm good buddies with. All Ohio st fans are as bad as they come. And I've met several more than just my good buddies due to being in the military.

Trust me they got there's everytime Lebron choked in Cleveland and everytime the Buckeyes choked in the national title. But that doesn't mean I want to give them back the biggest weapon in the league.

Just like you wouldn't want Braxton Miller or Carlos Hyde to have transferred to Michigan. You can handle the smack talk. But it doesn't mean you want to see it happen.
I wouldn't want Miller or Hyde transferring to Michigan.lol

Spice 1
07-10-2014, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't want Miller or Hyde transferring to Michigan.lol

I know you guys love you some Charles Woodson though.:)

InsaneBlaze23
07-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I know you guys love you some Charles Woodson though.:)

It's less about being a native to Ohio, but the school of choice and the player themselves. If you went to Ohio St....stay at Ohio St. or transfer to an SEC team.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 01:53 PM

Whatever you say man lol. I was pretty much gracious when Mich St & Clemson beat Ohio St & we were all chatting during the games & I was also pretty cool when your Tigers blew the national championship lol. Like I said if Lebron comes home hopefully you can stomach it....

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Whatever you say man lol. I was pretty much gracious when Mich St & Clemson beat Ohio St & we were all chatting during the games & I was also pretty cool when your Tigers blew the national championship lol. Like I said if Lebron comes home hopefully you can stomach it....

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the term exaggeration.

Obviously I will live as I could hardly care less about the NBA anymore.

I love sports but they don't affect my life. So not worth getting too upset over.

Other than the Broncos of course.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the term exaggeration.

Obviously I will live as I could hardly care less about the NBA anymore.

I love sports but they don't affect my life. So not worth getting too upset over.

Other than the Broncos of course.

Tongue & cheek my Ohio hating friend. I love when people come into a positive thread with negativity. You used the word backpedal in this thread & then you backpedaled from the fans to the owner. Ummmm sounds like hating? Especially if you could care less about basketball.

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Tongue & cheek my Ohio hating friend. I love when people come into a positive thread with negativity. You used the word backpedal in this thread & then you backpedaled from the fans to the owner. Ummmm sounds like hating? Especially if you could care less about basketball.

Whatever you say bro. Why is it that every time someone dislikes another persons favorite player or team they are automatically labeled a hater?

That's such a ridiculous word in sports.

News flash not everyone is going to feel about your team the way you do. And you being nice about other fans teams losing does not mean you have earned them suddenly liking your team as well.

It's the nature of sports. People are going to disagree with your opinion. CANDB can post a positive thread about the situation. But I'm also allowed to completely disagree with the opinion without being a hater.

Do I hate Lebron? Yes.

Do I hate Cleveland basketball? No.

But I would prefer to continue to improve my opinion of them since he left rather than start wanting them to lose all the time again.

Call it what you want. But I'm not going to root for everyone in sports to avoid being labeled a hater.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Whatever you say bro. Why is it that every time someone dislikes another persons favorite player or team they are automatically labeled a hater?

That's such a ridiculous word in sports.

News flash not everyone is going to feel about your team the way you do. And you being nice about other fans teams losing does not mean you have earned them suddenly liking your team as well.

It's the nature of sports. People are going to disagree with your opinion. CANDB can post a positive thread about the situation. But I'm also allowed to completely disagree with the opinion without being a hater.

Do I hate Lebron? Yes.

Do I hate Cleveland basketball? No.

But I would prefer to continue to improve my opinion of them since he left rather than start wanting them to lose all the time again.

Call it what you want. But I'm not going to root for everyone in sports to avoid being labeled a hater.

Call it like I see it man. It wasn't much different in the NCAA threads either. Go back & re read some of that sh*t. Like I said I was gracious in defeat with my Buckeyes & even spoke positive words about your Tigers. Can you say the same?

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Call it like I see it man. It wasn't much different in the NCAA threads either. Go back & re read some of that sh*t. Like I said I was gracious in defeat with my Buckeyes & even spoke positive words about your Tigers. Can you say the same?

Now your just showing your immaturity and class level by resorting to cursing because I don't like your team.

My disdain for Ohio st predates meeting you here by a long shot. I'm not going to change my lifelong opinion of your school just because you were respectful about my team getting beat.

I'm sorry you can't live with that.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Now your just showing your immaturity and class level by resorting to cursing because I don't like your team.

My disdain for Ohio st predates meeting you here by a long shot. I'm not going to change my lifelong opinion of your school just because you were respectful about my team getting beat.

I'm sorry you can't live with that.

??? I didn't curse at you? My point is you have your opinion & I have mine. I don't want you to like my school/teams. My opinion is you're a hater, it's that simple. I don't think you're a hater just because you hate Ohio St or Lebron, I just think you're a hater in general from reading your posts & my dealings with you. Again just my opinion & opinions vary.

DenverBlood
07-10-2014, 03:44 PM
??? I didn't curse at you? My point is you have your opinion & I have mine. I don't want you to like my school/teams. My opinion is you're a hater, it's that simple. I don't think you're a hater just because you hate Ohio St or Lebron, I just think you're a hater in general from reading your posts & my dealings with you. Again just my opinion & opinions vary.

You did curse bro. Go back and read it. I'm done with this though. We have hijacked CanDB's thread way too much.

You were right when you said the thread was opened as a positive regardless of my opinion on the situation.

So enough is enough.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 03:48 PM
You did curse bro. Go back and read it. I'm done with this though. We have hijacked CanDB's thread way too much.

You were right when you said the thread was opened as a positive regardless of my opinion on the situation.

So enough is enough.

No, you're right, I cursed, just not at you is what I typed, I believe. But yeah man, enough is enough!

broncoslover115
07-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I just can't wait for this crap to end. I don't like basketball and could careless what team James and his forehead plays for. What annoys me is ESPN doing nothing but talk about Lebron James. You're the self proclaimed world wide leader of sports, but the last 2 weeks have been Lebron James 24/7 with a brief break to show World Cup games.

Yup, totally sick of it. Make a decision already man. ESPN is like a damn dog on a bone. This is almost as ridiculous as "The Decision."

CanDB
07-10-2014, 06:37 PM
I am hoping we get a decision on this thing in the next day or so. There are a number of moving parts involved (that will follow), and most of us want to see what comes AL......(After Lebron).;)

Again, for the sake of the Cleveland and supportive Ohio fans, and all of us who like a warm story now and again, I hope the Cavs get him back!

InsaneBlaze23
07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Yup, totally sick of it. Make a decision already man. ESPN is like a damn dog on a bone. This is almost as ridiculous as "The Decision."

Its silly. I understand who he is and how big his name is. But not only is there other free agents, but there is other sports for them to cover.

Lebron and his decisions is just as annoying as Tebowmania.

58_VONDOOM_92
07-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Really cant stand Lebron and his "Decision part 2". Hes keeping other players from signing. Its always about him and he'll do whatever it takes to have the spotlight on him.

Vents over

CanDB
07-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I understand the anguish out there. And even though I am hoping for a positive outcome, IF he doesn't sign with The Cavs, and as we all know, nothing says he will.....it may be another very tough pill to swallow for Cavs fans. In that sense, I hope he gets this done asap.

InsaneBlaze23
07-10-2014, 08:41 PM
To quote Michelle Beadle...which in itself is silly. This whole decision 2.0 thing is Lebron stroking his ego.

ELWAY421
07-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm hoping he makes his decision one way or the other Friday. I think the longer he waits the lesser the shot he goes back to the Cavs. Just my two cents.

CanDB
07-11-2014, 04:50 AM
Doesn't he know that Cleveland....

ROCKS!

broncoslover115
07-11-2014, 04:52 AM
Its silly. I understand who he is and how big his name is. But not only is there other free agents, but there is other sports for them to cover.

Lebron and his decisions is just as annoying as Tebowmania.

And this stupid Johnny Football madness as well. This is wayyyy worse than Tebowmania. Tebow just kind of went about his business. Manziel is an ego maniac and needs to keep posting pictures about every party he goes to and every freaking move he makes. Can't stand it. 👎

Back to Lebron. The media themselves have said they are the ones to have actually created this Lebron "Decision Part 2" because he hasn't said a thing. So, it really is a media crazed hype.

Spice 1
07-11-2014, 07:31 AM
And this stupid Johnny Football madness as well. This is wayyyy worse than Tebowmania. Tebow just kind of went about his business. Manziel is an ego maniac and needs to keep posting pictures about every party he goes to and every freaking move he makes. Can't stand it. ��

Back to Lebron. The media themselves have said they are the ones to have actually created this Lebron "Decision Part 2" because he hasn't said a thing. But I don't buy it. Him not saying a thing is what is fueling this ridiculous "Lebron Watch."

I hope there's no truth to the rumor that Bosh might be left hanging so Anthony can take less to play in Miami. LeBron and Melo think they are nationally vilified now?

I wonder if LeBron has been watching Napier's jumper go UA in summer league?

Bronco51
07-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I hope he goes back to Miami and looks right in the camera and says "Hey Dan Gilbert.........how you like dem apples? Now go get your shine box"

InsaneBlaze23
07-11-2014, 09:22 AM
And this stupid Johnny Football madness as well. This is wayyyy worse than Tebowmania. Tebow just kind of went about his business. Manziel is an ego maniac and needs to keep posting pictures about every party he goes to and every freaking move he makes. Can't stand it. ��

Back to Lebron. The media themselves have said they are the ones to have actually created this Lebron "Decision Part 2" because he hasn't said a thing. So, it really is a media crazed hype.

Don't even get me started on Manziel. I really wanna punch him in the face.

broncoslover115
07-11-2014, 09:33 AM
It's official, Lebron's going back to Cleveland. Now ESPN will spend the next month talking 24/7 about why or why not this was a good or bad decision. Ugh!

broncoslover115
07-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Don't even get me started on Manziel. I really wanna punch him in the face.

I know, right? His megalomaniac tendencies are mind blowing. Now that both Lebron and Manziel will both be in Cleveland, it's only going to get worse since they are friends.

InsaneBlaze23
07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
It's official, Lebron's going back to Cleveland. Now ESPN will spend the next month talking 24/7 about why or why not this was a good or bad decision. Ugh!

It's a lose/lose for people a fan of different sports. I called it 2yrs ago, and I think the deciding factor was Pat Riley's conference. Though it didn't appear as wrong, Lebron felt it as disrespectful and Riley let the world know Lebron's wife is expecting, when he didn't want people to know yet.

But I also think this is another ego stroke. "I'm coming home"
Even worst this is going to spread beyond sport network. CNN will mention it, HLN will bring it up, The Talk and The View will probably bring it up as well.

InsaneBlaze23
07-11-2014, 09:40 AM
I know, right? His megalomaniac tendencies are mind blowing. Now that both Lebron and Manziel will both be in Cleveland, it's only going to get worse since they are friends.

The US government should give 2 days to allow me to fight Manziel and Bieber in the Octagon. Make the world happy for a week.

the0rangecrush
07-11-2014, 09:42 AM
So want to talk about irony, with Miami's roster in shambles they traded away their 1st rounder to Cleveland in the 2010 sign and trade. So Cleveland could very well end up with another #1 pick...

broncoslover115
07-11-2014, 09:45 AM
The US government should give 2 days to allow me to fight Manziel and Bieber in the Octagon. Make the world happy for a week.

OMG InsaneBlaze, this is hilarious!!!!! 👏👏👏👏😛😛😛

PS, I probably should feel bad about myself for loving this post since I work in the anti-violence movement but I don't. Don't tell my boss! :laugh:

InsaneBlaze23
07-11-2014, 09:56 AM
OMG InsaneBlaze, this is hilarious!!!!! ��������������

PS, I probably should feel bad about myself for loving this post since I work in the anti-violence movement but I don't. Don't tell my boss! :laugh:

Your secret is safe with the internet.lol

ebsoria
07-11-2014, 10:15 AM

Is it though.....?

DenverBlood
07-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Congratulations Cavs fans. You got the guy back you despised for the past 4 years.

Either way it's good for your franchise and you guys will be back in the playoffs next year.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a big mistake for Lebron though. Playoffs? yes. Eastern Conference Finals? Maybe because the East is so bad right now. Win another ring? Not a chance compared to San Antonio and OKC.

Either way Elway was right. I'm eating a delicious Chik-Fila spicy sandwhich right now and not throwing up. I just don't get it is all.

I really wanted to see the Cavs take all these draft picks and prove they could do it without Lebron. I wanted to see them take it and shove it in his face and beat him in the playoffs. Now I have to hate them again simply because I despise Lebron.

It's nothing against Cleveland. I just love to watch him lose.

Charlie Brown
07-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I hate basketball and I hate LeBron for his "TV Special". He is an egomaniac and I do not forgive him. Cavs fans are too fickle. He tears out their guts, dances on them and takes a gigantic poo on them. Now, they are asking for seconds.

Bronco51
07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Hey y'all, now that I took less money to win some titles I knew I wouldn't get here, I am ready to take a max contract and come home where I know we won't win championships. But hey, you all can be witnesses again......you're welcome.

Signed
The King

*Atwater*
07-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Well Peace out Lebron I was a heat fan before you went to Miami and will be one still.

DenverBlood
07-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Well Peace out Lebron I was a heat fan before you went to Miami and will be one still.

Good on you but you're one of the few.

ebsoria
07-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Good on you but you're one of the few.

That will change once the Cavs win a few games and look like they're deep playoff bound.

DenverBlood
07-11-2014, 12:00 PM
That will change once the Cavs win a few games and look like they're deep playoff bound.

I meant he is one of the few Heat fans that will remain a Heat fan.

Amari24
07-11-2014, 01:09 PM
For the past three years I've been telling people there was no way LeBron was staying in Miami...

Heat "fans" are already ordering their Cavs jerseys and Cavs fans are pulling theirs out of the closet lol.

DenverBlood
07-11-2014, 01:12 PM
For the past three years I've been telling people there was no way LeBron was staying in Miami...

Heat "fans" are already ordering their Cavs jerseys and Cavs fans are pulling theirs out of the closet lol.

You forgot to mention dumpsters and ash trays. I've already seen a picture on twitter mocking a Cavs fan diving into a dumpster to find his jersey.

ebsoria
07-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I meant he is one of the few Heat fans that will remain a Heat fan.

Ah, yes. True on that account.

#87Birdman
07-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Good thing I'm a Cavs fan <_<

Actually I don't even watch the NBA

ebsoria
07-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Good thing I'm a Cavs fan <_<

Actually I don't even watch the NBA

Must be a new thing... :coffee:

broncoslover115
07-11-2014, 01:46 PM

Good one. You are just on fire today. Oh that's right, your name is Insane Blaze. :laugh:

#87Birdman
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Must be a new thing... :coffee:

No I have a Cav jersey I bought like 5 years ago. :P

atwaterandstir
07-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Good for LeBron..
He was going to be in a tough spot regardless of where he chose, I think its great he goes back to those fans.

Spice 1
07-11-2014, 02:10 PM
No I have a Cav jersey I bought like 5 years ago. :P

They sell warm ups too

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10441244_10152530270474367_4085905535016704208_n.j pg

#87Birdman
07-11-2014, 02:13 PM
They sell warm ups too

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10441244_10152530270474367_4085905535016704208_n.j pg

Sweet I need to get one of those. I'm such a die hard Cavs fan. I can tell you every player on their team...

James..... and the King.... and Lebron.... and King James.... and Lebron James.

Spice 1
07-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Sweet I need to get one of those. I'm such a die hard Cavs fan. I can tell you every player on their team...

James..... and the King.... and Lebron.... and King James.... and Lebron James.

They're about to sign Akron Hammer and LBJ. I hear they're talking about bringing in L Train and Bron Bron also. But you already knew that, being such a die hard Cavs fan and all.

ELWAY421
07-11-2014, 02:25 PM
I hate basketball and I hate LeBron for his "TV Special". He is an egomaniac and I do not forgive him. Cavs fans are too fickle. He tears out their guts, dances on them and takes a gigantic poo on them. Now, they are asking for seconds.

Negative Nancy! I rarely hear anything positive from you about Cleveland. News flash Bernie Kosar isn't coming back & if he does he'll probably be drunk.

ELWAY421
07-11-2014, 02:27 PM

I never burnt mine man.I understand why fans were angry from the way he did it, but if Lebron & Dan Gilbert can forgive each other who am I not to forgive.

ELWAY421
07-11-2014, 02:30 PM
It's a great story, it's great for the state of Ohio & the city of Cleveland & I'm stoked about it. Championship or no championship I'm glad Lebron came home. Cavs fan through thick & thin. Welcome Home King James!!!

Houshmazode
07-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm surprised he went back, I thought he was more concerned with winning. They'll still have a good team and be in the POS every year I'm sure but this is more exciting.

Spice 1
07-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Negative Nancy! I rarely hear anything positive from you about Cleveland. News flash Bernie Kosar isn't coming back & if he does he'll probably be drunk.

Charlie Brown a Negative Nancy? Peshaw.

ELWAY421
07-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Charlie Brown a Negative Nancy? Peshaw.

Charlie is like that dude in major league 2. "Bring Out The Bulldozers". "It's Over".

Charlie Brown
07-11-2014, 05:52 PM

Kosar has a speech impediment from the numerous concussions he sustained during his career. It isn't alcohol. The exact name of his disorder is Chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Charlie Brown
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Charlie is like that dude in major league 2. "Bring Out The Bulldozers". "It's Over".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZU6DYwTDM

CanDB
07-11-2014, 06:00 PM
All I can say is.....

It is cool that Lebron is a Cav (again)!

;)

Now the moving parts have begun. Bosh stays in Miami.....not a bad salary!!! And lets see if Love comes to Cleveland. If so, will it be Wiggins or someone else involved?? (I'm kinda liking a Cleveland team with Lebron and a group of canucks.......:thumb:. Lebron will almost be forced to eat his share of bacon.)

58_VONDOOM_92
07-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Lebron + Kyrie + Wiggins + Love would be a pretty sweet big 4 and lebron has never had a PG as good as Kyrie

Bronco51
07-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Lebron + Kyrie + Wiggins + Love would be a pretty sweet big 4 and lebron has never had a PG as good as Kyrie

LeBron is a better PG than Kyrie. And they will have to move Wiggins to get Love.

58_VONDOOM_92
07-11-2014, 06:26 PM
LeBron is a better PG than Kyrie. And they will have to move Wiggins to get Love.

I wouldnt go that far. Kyrie has had no one around him and still puts up all star numbers in only his 3rd year in the league. Kyrie will make lebron better and Lebron will make Kyrie better.

Me being a duke fan I was just disappointed that the Cavs drafted Wiggins over parker. I still think Wiggins was getting too much hype

Freyaka
07-11-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZU6DYwTDM

Lol that's pretty much exactly what I picture when I see you post about Cleveland teams.

DenverBlood
07-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Best post I've seen all day was a pick of Toney Parker and Duncan smiling at each other.

Caption: We whooped him so hard he literally ran home.

Love it!!

Spice 1
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Kyrie has had no one around him and still puts up all star numbers in only his 3rd year in the league. Kyrie will make lebron better and Lebron will make Kyrie better.

Me being a duke fan I was just disappointed that the Cavs drafted Wiggins over parker. I still think Wiggins was getting too much hype

Watched the first half of their game tonight. Wiggins looks pretty good. Parker looks really good. Wiggins very athletic, and Parker very polished. Wiggins great mid-range game, and Parker excellent driving the ball and creating offense. Basically, nothing new or unusual from what we already figured.

Man, wouldn't want to be a Rockets fan right now.

broncolee
07-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Good for Cleveland. Still wouldn't want to go there if I were Kevin Love. It's still Cleveland.

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Love has already stated he would sign a extension with Cleveland. I mean come on he is in Minnesota.

CanDB
07-12-2014, 08:46 AM
I'd like to sum up my comments as follows:

I began this thread because there was a chance that Lebron James would reverse history to some extent, by actually returning to his home team, after a very disappointing journey (away) to the bright lights of Miami......which included a very unnecessary PR move to introduce the new partnership between him, Wade and Bosh. It was loud and hurtful to many, and for my money, not very well thought out.

BUT life moves on, and people change, and even the thought that Lebron would ever return to his home was extremely remote.....unless of course he was near the end of his playing days. The good news is that he is not near the end, and he can make a huge difference, and that, whether you choose to believe it or not (I do), the man has a healthy conscience. He could stay where the lights are bright, after all, he's been away for four years, and it's semi-old news. But something in his heart and head gave him a new purpose, and for me, the right purpose......to reward the place he grew up in. Like him or not, question his true motivation if you will, but for me, this is a perfect outcome. These stories are too rare these days, and I am extremely happy he has chosen to do the right thing. He has the power to make things happen, and as of yesterday, he just altered the entire disposition of a state. That's powerful stuff, and it is the right stuff.

Spice 1
07-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Love has already stated he would sign a extension with Cleveland. I mean come on he is in Minnesota.

Yeah, Minnesota is one of the few NBA cities who have crappier weather than Cleveland. Minnesota's going to demand Wiggins, and I'm not 100% sure that Cleveland management is willing to do that. If the Cavs don't throw in Wiggins, the Wolves will probably find another trade partner.

Spice 1
07-12-2014, 09:23 AM
I'd like to sum up my comments as follows:

I began this thread because there was a chance that Lebron James would reverse history to some extent, by actually returning to his home team, after a very disappointing journey (away) to the bright lights of Miami......which included a very unnecessary PR move to introduce the new partnership between him, Wade and Bosh. It was loud and hurtful to many, and for my money, not very well thought out.

BUT life moves on, and people change, and even the thought that Lebron would ever return to his home was extremely remote.....unless of course he was near the end of his playing days. The good news is that he is not near the end, and he can make a huge difference, and that, whether you choose to believe it or not (I do), the man has a healthy conscience. He could stay where the lights are bright, after all, he's been away for four years, and it's semi-old news. But something in his heart and head gave him a new purpose, and for me, the right purpose......to reward the place he grew up in. Like him or not, question his true motivation if you will, but for me, this is a perfect outcome. These stories are too rare these days, and I am extremely happy he has chosen to do the right thing. He has the power to make things happen, and as of yesterday, he just altered the entire disposition of a state. That's powerful stuff, and it is the right stuff.

Very well said there, Can. I'll add a little to the motivations. When LeBron left four years ago, I thought at the time that he didn't have a solid grasp of the social dynamics at work. Seeing and objectively evaluating the ramifications of his decision has given him the wisdom to do so. He has truly grown up over the last four years.

I think that leaving was about legacy and finances. Kobe makes the money he makes, because he is global. Why is he global? It's because of his championships. For many, he is in the discussion with Jordan. Again, it's about the championships. I think that's the main reason why LeBron left. Now it's about bringing a championship back to Cleveland, and lifting a burden that's been on the city's shoulders since '64. That's a real legacy. An honorable one. Even if he only wins one, or none at all. He knows how good he is. He doesn't need a gazillion rings to prove that.

CanDB
07-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Very well said there, Can. I'll add a little to the motivations. When LeBron left four years ago, I thought at the time that he didn't have a solid grasp of the social dynamics at work. Seeing and objectively evaluating the ramifications of his decision has given him the wisdom to do so. He has truly grown up over the last four years.

I think that leaving was about legacy and finances. Kobe makes the money he makes, because he is global. Why is he global? It's because of his championships. For many, he is in the discussion with Jordan. Again, it's about the championships. I think that's the main reason why LeBron left. Now it's about bringing a championship back to Cleveland, and lifting a burden that's been on the city's shoulders since '64. That's a real legacy. An honorable one. Even if he only wins one, or none at all. He knows how good he is. He doesn't need a gazillion rings to prove that.

Well said!

I heard one analyst put it in an interesting perspective, that he was like a young man leaving home to go to University for four years, to see where life would take him. He did just that, returning with a much better view of the world within which he lives, and richer for the experience.

Yes he has his titles and all the other awards that undeniably prove his talent and worth.....and now he is on another amazing "project", to bring a title back to his home turf, a place that is so sadly missing that claim. And if Cleveland doesn't already "rock", it certainly will in the next years ahead!

Houshmazode
07-12-2014, 10:34 AM

Being a Kansas fan, I think Wiggins is going to be a huge bust. He's way too weak for the nba. Having a great player like LeBron and Irving around him will help, but I see him struggling and getting benched early on.

Garfield
07-12-2014, 10:49 AM

All it means is he wants to retire at home and while he will make them a contender there will be no more championships for the long suffering fans in Cleveland. Whos last champion was in IIRC 1954 when the browns won it.

CanDB
07-12-2014, 12:02 PM
All it means is he wants to retire at home and while he will make them a contender there will be no more championships for the long suffering fans in Cleveland. Whos last champion was in IIRC 1954 when the browns won it.

I see it different.....it's a great story in my opinion, maybe not yours. It could have easily have gone many other ways, and the majority were not expecting it, even though there was hope. But he made it happen.

As for championships......maybe they won't happen, but the odds makers like the move already. That proves nothing, but odds makers aren't into predictions because they make "warm" stories. They're in it for money, and they seem to like what Cleveland has going forward. And with high draft picks throughout this team, deals can be made sooner or later to strengthen them.

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM

It was 1964 & thanks for your magic 8 ball prediction.

Garfield
07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
I see it different.....it's a great story in my opinion, maybe not yours. It could have easily have gone many other ways, and the majority were not expecting it, even though there was hope. But he made it happen.

As for championships......maybe they won't happen, but the odds makers like the move already. That proves nothing, but odds makers aren't into predictions because they make "warm" stories. They're in it for money, and they seem to like what Cleveland has going forward. And with high draft picks throughout this team, deals can be made sooner or later to strengthen them.

Odds makers are not losing money if you beat the odds.

You are winning some other schucmks money less a little for the bookie.

They do not use there money only those that make a bet on either side if the odds.

A they do intially is set the odds and as bettors take one side or the other the odds move.

Garfield
07-12-2014, 03:19 PM
It was 1964 & thanks for your magic 8 ball prediction.

Thanks for the correction. So I was off by 10 years. It is still 50 years ago since Cleveland won anything.

Fifity years ago Cleveland was a booming city today a ghost of what it used to be.

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the correction. So I was off by 10 years. It is still 50 years ago since Cleveland won anything.

Fifity years ago Cleveland was a booming city today a ghost of what it used to be.

That can be said about a lot of cities in the states. But has nothing to do with championships. Basketball aside Lebron coming back to Cleveland has huge upside for the Cleveland economy, which is a good thing for Cleveland and Ohio.

CanDB
07-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Odds makers are not losing money if you beat the odds.

You are winning some other schucmks money less a little for the bookie.

They do not use there money only those that make a bet on either side if the odds.

A they do intially is set the odds and as bettors take one side or the other the odds move.

FTR I wasn't only using the odds makers' predictions as the basis for this being a good story. 1) It is a good story, 2) Cleveland might win a championship as a result, and 3) the odds makers are right more often then most of us......and at this point, Cleveland is 4 to 1, which ain't too shabby.

But go ahead and tell me what else you know that some of us don't.

CanDB
07-12-2014, 04:30 PM
That can be said about a lot of cities in the states. But has nothing to do with championships. Basketball aside Lebron coming back to Cleveland has huge upside for the Cleveland economy, which is a good thing for Cleveland and Ohio.

That's part of the storyline.....helping to make life better for people in Ohio. And I believe it will, because people like Lebron can stimulate the economy for a region. Plus he gives many people a feeling of enthusiasm and hope, and those intangibles can be powerful motivators.

DenverBlood
07-12-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm hearing Lebron is only signing a two year deal. Doesn't sound very committed to me.

They will have a hard time building a championship team in that time.

Most likely means if he doesn't like the progress by then he will be out again.

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 05:10 PM
That's part of the storyline.....helping to make life better for people in Ohio. And I believe it will, because people like Lebron can stimulate the economy for a region. Plus he gives many people a feeling of enthusiasm and hope, and those intangibles can be powerful motivators.

I like the you post & I like the way you think. :thumb:

I'm hearing Lebron is only signing a two year deal. Doesn't sound very committed to me.

Not it at all really, if you investigate a little you'll find there will be a new CBA & television deal. Meaning the max will be higher & a two year deal will allow Lebron to get the higher max when it changes.

DenverBlood
07-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I like the you post & I like the way you think. :thumb:

Not it at all really, if you investigate a little you'll find there will be a new CBA & television deal. Meaning the max will be higher & a two year deal will allow Lebron to get the higher max when it changes.

That's what they make opt out clauses for.

Lebron is putting Dan Gilbert on probation to prove he will give Lebron what he needs to win this time.

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 05:46 PM
That's what they make opt out clauses for.

Lebron is putting Dan Gilbert on probation to prove he will give Lebron what he needs to win this time.

In fairness to Gilbert, I think he tried to bring players in to help LBJ before. The reality is players just didn't want to come to Cleveland. Things may be a little different this time around. Kevin Love has already stated that if traded to the Cavs he would sign an extension. Already have Kyrie, Wiggins, things are looking bright.

Garfield
07-12-2014, 07:44 PM

Actually it says a lot about cities there are a lot of cities and United States that players just flat don't want to go to because of how bad they are.

A lot of it has to do with the media coverage as well as the ability to have commercials and be more than just a big fish in a small pond.

Do you think for one minute that James want would go back to Cleveland if it wasn't his hometown.

For that matter how many other players have actually went to Cleveland voluntarily.

The vast majority of professional athletes that have been in Cleveland have been drafted there in the minute they get an opportunity to believe they move on. A lot of that has to do with the city itself and a lot of it has to do with the ownership of the franchises within those cities.

Very few professional athletes go there voluntarily unless they are vastly overpaid compared to other cities, mostly in the south , huge media markets like LA, New York, Chicago or growing cities like Denver.

Garfield
07-12-2014, 07:46 PM

I'm sorry but please tell me how he's going to stimulate the economy of Ohio.

Garfield
07-12-2014, 07:48 PM
If you are sure of your stance, facts become even more relevant. It's so much easier to accept error when the source is open minded.

Again I was off by 10 years sorry but it still means that they have not won any major championship and over fifth almost 50 years.

I am open-minded enough to know that it's not to make a huge difference other than for those families that can afford now to go see King James play basketball.

He Is a great player there's no doubt about it but he is the draw in the odds are there not going to make a big difference is far as getting the championship's concern.

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry but please tell me how he's going to stimulate the economy of Ohio.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2127492-lebron-james-increases-cavaliers-valuation-to-over-1-billion

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/07/11/lebron-james-return-is-bigger-for-cleveland-than-it-is-for-the-cleveland-cavaliers/

ELWAY421
07-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Actually it says a lot about cities there are a lot of cities and United States that players just flat don't want to go to because of how bad they are.

A lot of it has to do with the media coverage as well as the ability to have commercials and be more than just a big fish in a small pond.

Do you think for one minute that James want would go back to Cleveland if it wasn't his hometown.

For that matter how many other players have actually went to Cleveland voluntarily.

The vast majority of professional athletes that have been in Cleveland have been drafted there in the minute they get an opportunity to believe they move on. A lot of that has to do with the city itself and a lot of it has to do with the ownership of the franchises within those cities.

Very few professional athletes go there voluntarily unless they are vastly overpaid compared to other cities, mostly in the south , huge media markets like LA, New York, Chicago or growing cities like Denver.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203427/kevin-love-intrigued-commit-cleveland-cavaliers

It's a start...

Garfield
07-12-2014, 08:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203427/kevin-love-intrigued-commit-cleveland-cavaliers

It's a start...

appears to be two ball hogs on the same team are the cavs going to get a waiver from the NBA to have two balls on the court at the same time?

dream all you want, cavs are very unlikely to be a contender..

hell their HC is a rookie.

Amari24
07-12-2014, 10:34 PM
come on bleacher report?

washington post not much better.

not wasting my time.

Actually, it's the other way around. If you're honestly asking how LeBron helps the economy of Ohio, specifically Cleveland, then any rational person is just wasting their time with you.

broncolee
07-12-2014, 10:49 PM
James' deal means nothing beyond the impending TV deal in two years. He can't leave again without being roasted even worse than the first time, especially if they still haven't won a title.

Garfield
07-13-2014, 01:23 AM
Even if that does end up being the case, die hard Cavs fans aren't going anywhere. The real fans follow their team regardless of who's on it.

Right, because Wade and LeBron were "ball hogs", and failed miserably by playing in 4 straight NBA Finals. Your animosity is diminishing your rationale.
How many of those finals games wound up with a championship?

In fact Iirc those ball hogs lost to a selfless team this last time. While I do not follow NBA all that close I seem to remember them losing to The Spurs twice. But I could be wrong about that.

For that matter a very old TEAM this time around.

Garfield
07-13-2014, 02:23 AM
Yeah, you're wrong again! They lost to the Mavericks & the Spurs. I love when people who don't have the facts try to argue. LBJ will have huge economic impact on Cleveland. DT will be with the Broncos for years to come & you'll be wrong again in the near future. Those are my predictions.
Both Texas teams. Close enough.

The only economic impact he will have is spending more money in Cleveland from his huge contract. LOL.

100%Broncoholic
07-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Folks, let's please get back onto the topic of Lebron and now that he is a Cav.

Let's avoid questioning folks on sources, their thoughts, and DT. There are plenty of other threads to do that.

58_VONDOOM_92
07-13-2014, 08:24 AM
I actually gained some respect for Lebron by going back home, it could have been really easy to just stay in Miami and to tell dan gilbert to shove it where the sun dont shine. I think after leaving for 4 years he gained alot of maturity and now he is ready to come home and help his home town finally win a championship

Spice 1
07-13-2014, 09:00 AM

Die hard Cavs fans aren't going anywhere though. They're grateful for LeBron's return, but they'll still be Cavs fans even if he leaves again. Though it's highly unlikely that he would do that now. He's made his intentions known.

How many of those finals games wound up with a championship?

In fact Iirc those ball hogs lost to a selfless team this last time. While I do not follow NBA all that close I seem to remember them losing to The Spurs twice. But I could be wrong about that.

For that matter a very old TEAM this time around.

That goes w/o saying. LeBron James is the antithesis of a ball hog, and the Cavaliers are contenders again. Just the facts, my friend.

Bronco51
07-13-2014, 09:42 AM
I don't think it was some noble thing that he did. To me, I see a guy who wasn't going to win in Cleveland, so he wanted to go somewhere to do that. Also, I think he felt he could chase Jordan's legacy and be considered the GOAT if he went somewhere and won a lot of titles. But, once he found how difficult it was to win " not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven", and after he lost a couple finals and the Jordan chase was officially over, he wanted to be happy. So he went home. I don't think winning titles is his drive anymore, but that's just me. I think he wants to be where he is comfortable, and if they win, great. I will say I am happy for the Cavs fans though because living in Denver and being treated to Elway and now Manning, it is awesome to be able to have and watch one of the greatest to play in person. But, I don't think he did something worthy of praise by going back to cleveland.

CanDB
07-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Lets be cool here. I know there are opposing views, and that's normal. As for me, I could write a lengthy essay about the positive economics, the energy and pride of citizens, the value of hope for the youth, and so many other aspects of Lebron's return......but I'll spare you.;)

As a person who saw our NHL team move away, and then return over 15 years later, I can not tell you what that "day" meant to this city and province. It brought us back to the big leagues, and that feeling does not go away. And I am also a believer of the "if you build it......" logic, because I've seen and felt the value of making things happen, no matter where you are. There's a positive domino affect. It merges business sense with social improvement. And yes, one man / one person, can alter the landscape in that way.

Garfield
07-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Lets be cool here. I know there are opposing views, and that's normal. As for me, I could write a lengthy essay about the positive economics, the energy and pride of citizens, the value of hope for the youth, and so many other aspects of Lebron's return......but I'll spare you.;)

As a person who saw our NHL team move away, and then return over 15 years later, I can not tell you what that "day" meant to this city and province. It brought us back to the big leagues, and that feeling does not go away. And I am also a believer of the "if you build it......" logic, because I've seen and felt the value of making things happen, no matter where you are. There's a positive domino affect. It merges business sense with social improvement. And yes, one man / one person, can alter the landscape in that way.

The way I see it is..
They will sell more season tickets.
they will,sell more consessions more parking more jerseys etc.

But 95% of that money is discretionary LOCAL money that would be spent on other things locally.

While there is a pride of having a national team. There is only so much local money to spend.

Any monies that King James is getting would have most likely been spent on other players, so there is little impact from his coming.
Either the owner or franchise would have spent that money anyway.

Will there be some external (from outside the Ohio area) money come from other teams fans wanting to see him play. But that will be minimal except perhaps if they make the playoffs. IIRC most teams hold back seats for opposing teams.

But most economics from sports franchises come from local support, and for the most part from discretionary(something not needed to pay for life support( rent, food, electric, gass, car payments etc)) money.

If he was a new superstar into the NBA then of course there would be additional revenue to the NBA in tv and other contracts. But he just moved from very large tv market to a much smaller one. One that without looking up the income levels I would imagine is much lower than that of southern Florida.

So IMO the likelihood of it being a huge economic hit for Ohio is just do not see.

Now will it increase the happy factor in the area certainly. But dollars spent in the area should be pretty static. Meaning if they would not have been going to games the average person would be spending the money on going to dinner, movies, putt putt, playing golf or in BARs. Most folks are limited with discretionary money,,especially in today's economy.

Hope that helps.

CanDB
07-13-2014, 06:48 PM
The way I see it is..
They will sell more season tickets.
they will,sell more consessions more parking more jerseys etc.

But 95% of that money is discretionary LOCAL money that would be spent on other things locally.

While there is a pride of having a national team. There is only so much local money to spend.

Any monies that King James is getting would have most likely been spent on other players, so there is little impact from his coming.
Either the owner or franchise would have spent that money anyway.

Will there be some external (from outside the Ohio area) money come from other teams fans wanting to see him play. But that will be minimal except perhaps if they make the playoffs. IIRC most teams hold back seats for opposing teams.

But most economics from sports franchises come from local support, and for the most part from discretionary(something not needed to pay for life support( rent, food, electric, gass, car payments etc)) money.

If he was a new superstar into the NBA then of course there would be additional revenue to the NBA in tv and other contracts. But he just moved from very large tv market to a much smaller one. One that without looking up the income levels I would imagine is much lower than that of southern Florida.

So IMO the likelihood of it being a huge economic hit for Ohio is just do not see.

Now will it increase the happy factor in the area certainly. But dollars spent in the area should be pretty static. Meaning if they would not have been going to games the average person would be spending the money on going to dinner, movies, putt putt, playing golf or in BARs. Most folks are limited with discretionary money,,especially in today's economy.

Hope that helps.

It's your side......that's fine. I disagree (although I am not sure I said it would be a huge economic hit for Ohio), but we might as well move on. I say it will be a positive impact on their economy and will build a sense of pride and energy. And it will be the impetus for other possibilities in a community that may need a lift.

I think we should follow up on this thread from time to time and see if the benefits were noteworthy. I believe the benefits have already begun. And if The Cavs go far in the playoffs, perhaps all the way to a championship......say within 2 or 3 years, I will safely say this was a big deal!

CanDB
07-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Interesting......at least twice of late the Wiggins' camp is steadfast in responding that he's not getting traded. They do have other young talent that could be traded. I sure would love to see our canucks develop with Lebron beside them.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 03:32 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2014/07/as_he_leads_the_cavaliers_lebr.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- With the second reign of LeBron James soon to commence in Northeast Ohio, fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers are not the only ones dreaming of glory days.

In addition to being a world-class athlete, James is an economic force -- a proven revenue generator in Greater Cleveland. As sports lovers look toward a new era of basketball, business owners and managers envision a new economy.

Outside of the Cavs front office, excitement may be highest in the Gateway district, the downtown neighborhood home to more than 50 bars and restaurants within walking distance of Quicken Loans Arena. There, people remember an earlier reign.
The whole atmosphere is going to be amazing. Downtown is going to be packed. Crammed. I can see it now.

"You know the games will all be sellouts," said Tom Yablonsky, the executive director of the Historic Gateway Neighborhood Corporation. "So the crowd dynamic will be very different. We've seen these champion teams before, with both the Cavs and the Indians. We know what this will mean."

The return of the king will bring new crowds to bars and restaurants, certainly. It's expected to heighten demand for jerseys, memorabilia, parking and hotel rooms. And it will probably spark new investment and hiring -- some in places not yet imagined.

When the news broke around noon on Friday, that the prodigal son was returning, Sean O'Donnell did some mental arithmetic.

"All I heard in my head was 40 percent," he said. "Cavs nights just went up 40 percent, easy."

O'Donnell is the general manager of Flannery's Pub at East 4th Street and Prospect Avenue, on a well-trod path to the Q. Game day suddenly looks more lucrative.

Across the street from his pub on Friday afternoon, Fresh Brewed Tees, a mobile Cleveland T-shirt business, was selling "For6iven" T-shirts for $25.

Two young men in yellow James jerseys were swarmed by a TV news crew.

At O'Donnell's bar, customers talked about getting their hands on Cavs tickets.

"I'm going to have to hire more for this," he predicted, looking toward the fall. "Usually that's the time when we let some people go. It's going to get interesting."

Up the block, at the busy corner of Ontario Street, the Tilted Kilt had its "Welcome Back LeBron" banner stretched across sidewalk tables only minutes after the announcement.

General Manager Sarah Wilczynski, a transplant from Toledo, said she expected business and hiring to swell with optimism. And not only for the Tilted Kilt, a Scottish-themed sports bar, if Scotland were in Las Vegas.

"This is not only fantastic for downtown businesses. It's going to be great for the whole economy," she insisted. "He came back to us. It's a Cinderella story. After all the hardships this town went through, this is going to lift everybody's spirits."

Even finer dining establishments, like Stonetown at 627 Prospect, expect to feel the love. Chef Levi Hunter said he's envisioning Cavs Nights and sports-themed specials. The family's soul food restaurant already draws Cavaliers players, he said. He expects more fans to join them.

"The whole atmosphere is going to be amazing," said Hunter, a 27-year-old Cleveland native. "Downtown is going to be packed. Crammed. I can see it now."

No business stands to gain more than Dan Gilbert's Cavaliers. Getting LeBron back should vault the Cavs back toward the upper tier of pro sports franchises. In January, Forbes magazine valued the Cavs at $515 million on annual revenues of $145 million, ranking the team 19th in value among 30 NBA teams.

Before "The Decision" show, the Cavs ranked as the NBA's fifth most valuable franchise.

Jon Greenberg, writing recently for the Chicago-based Team Marketing Report, a trade journal for sports executives, said James allowed both Cleveland and Miami to fill seats at premium prices.

The price of a Cavs ticket surged 45 percent during James' first tour -- 2003-10 -- peaking at an average $56 in the 2007-08 season, excluding luxury seats. After LeBron took his talents to South Beach, prices fell by 25 percent, to an average of $43 last season, Greenberg reported.

"LeBron turned the moribund Cavs into a national team" and one of the top draws in the NBA, averaging 20,000 fans per game, he wrote.

James's financial impact may be less in the second act, Greenberg surmised. The team improved without him, thanks to a series of high draft picks, and interest has been climbing with the addition of players and an offensive-minded coach.

Still, there's no denying the boost James brings to a team and a local economy. The Plain Dealer even put a number to that value in the summer of 2010: $48 million. That's what a James-less team was expected to cost the community.

The newspaper assumed the Q crowd would shrink to pre-James levels, or about 14,000 fans per game. That would mean 6,500 fewer people buying tickets, paying for parking, dining out and renting the occasional hotel room.

Positively Cleveland, the city's convention and visitor's bureau, had estimated the average fan spent $180 per Cavs game. Using that number, the newspaper deduced the smaller crowd would cost businesses $1.2 million a game.

Multiply that by 41 home games, and you have $48 million to worry about.

That's Miami's math problem now. In Cleveland, businesses and their customers are thinking of sellouts and excitement -- again.

Robert L. Smith covers economic development for The Plain Dealer. Follow him on Twitter @rlsmithpd.

Amari24
07-14-2014, 05:56 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2014/07/as_he_leads_the_cavaliers_lebr.html

Come on... THE official Cleveland website? What kind of source is that?

Interesting......at least twice of late the Wiggins' camp is steadfast in responding that he's not getting traded. They do have other young talent that could be traded. I sure would love to see our canucks develop with Lebron beside them.

They could possibly get Love without trading Wiggins. Might have to ship Waiters and Bennett, though. Love is really the only trade that would make sense for them at this point.

Spice 1
07-14-2014, 07:09 AM
They could possibly get Love without trading Wiggins. Might have to ship Waiters and Bennett, though. Love is really the only trade that would make sense for them at this point.

If the Wolves do give in and make that offer, I would agree to it. You'd have to think the Cavs would, too. There were talks of them shopping Waiters last year. Somewhere along the lines of Love/Martin for Waiters/Bennett/Future 1st. I dunno.

Bennett is improving. Offensively he can play all over the court, but he still has slow feet defensively. There's always going to be mismatch problems for him defensively, but I think the positives still outweigh the negatives. Hate to see he and Waiters go, but for Love? You have to do it.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 08:17 AM

The writer is from the plain deal & he goes over the financial loss suffered when LBJ left. Why's everybody crying over sources? I guess you could find your own source.

Amari24
07-14-2014, 08:39 AM
The writer is from the plain deal & he goes over the financial loss suffered when LBJ left. Why's everybody crying over sources? I guess you could find your own source.

It was sarcasm.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 09:34 AM
It was sarcasm.

My bad. I thought you were being serious.

broncolee
07-14-2014, 09:51 AM
If I'm Flip Saunders and I settle for not getting Wiggins, I make sure Varejao is part of the deal just to stick it to Lebron James. See how special Varejao is to James then. j/k

Garfield
07-14-2014, 04:10 PM

of course they are going to see some increase in local (near the stadium) spending .

But the overall effect in the city is not an economic boon.

The money is discretionary money meaning those that do frequent those areas now just will not be spending those same dollars elsewhere on discretionary things like movies, restaurants in other parts of the city.

the hard fact is the only NEW money will be from those few fans that come to watch their team get beat by the home team.

If there are more sellouts that means less out of town seats will be sold.

Anyone that believes local propaganda with out thinking about it, also believes coach speak.

God be with you.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 08:41 PM
It's not just the local media, look around for other media outlets, they're not hard to find. Pull the blinders off your eyes. I know you trust no source lol. The answers are there for you my friend you just have to accept them. Did you even think LeBron would go back to the Cavs?

CanDB
07-14-2014, 08:47 PM
of course they are going to see some increase in local (near the stadium) spending .

But the overall effect in the city is not an economic boon.

The money is discretionary money meaning those that do frequent those areas now just will not be spending those same dollars elsewhere on discretionary things like movies, restaurants in other parts of the city.

the hard fact is the only NEW money will be from those few fans that come to watch their team get beat by the home team.

If there are more sellouts that means less out of town seats will be sold.

Anyone that believes local propaganda with out thinking about it, also believes coach speak.

God be with you.

Again, I disagree with your assessment. You can not prove that the extra spending for The Cavs, including tickets, merchandising, food, drink etc. is a wash. Stimulating The Cavs by adding a super star, and one that gives the team some serious playoff opportunities will help generate jobs, which has even more economic spinoffs. Yes, there might be some drop off in spending elsewhere but we are talking a serious stimulus for this team, and beyond, and it is hard to downplay that type of boost. When we got our NHL team back I am quite sure that we maintained high levels of spending for our football and baseball teams, and other entertainment as well. There may have been some declines in other places, but the city has never looked back since the return of our Jets.

And not to beat the dead horse, but our city and regional area have walked with a bounce in our step since the return, and if you don't think that is a valuable asset (intangible or not) then you do not understand the feeling, and the energy and the pride, and the possibilities for our youth. And those things contribute to a better overall character and economic atmosphere for a region. It often creates more initiative and innovation because it has the impetus for bringing clarity to the thinking behind, "what can be."

Finally, it is far better to have something than to wish you had something, when it comes to economy. If you look at the recent recession, once it became clear that there was huge problem out there, among many other things, risk-taking became a lost cause. And that caused the downward spiral to speed up. Conversely, when things are "hot" and investments grow, and business and non business folks believe, risk and innovation have the right environment in which to flourish. I may be taking this a little too deep, but what just happened in Ohio has much more likelihood of stimulation than status quo / decline. if I'm a risk taker, now might be the time to take a healthy leap into the business game.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 08:56 PM
On a lighter note Wiggins and Bennett both looked good again tonight. Wiggins had a sick dunk.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 09:32 PM
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-14/lebron-james-s-return-to-bring-500-million-a-year-to-cleveland.html

Garfield
07-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Again, I disagree with your assessment. You can not prove that the extra spending for The Cavs, including tickets, merchandising, food, drink etc. is a wash. Stimulating The Cavs by adding a super star, and one that gives the team some serious playoff opportunities will help generate jobs, which has even more economic spinoffs. Yes, there might be some drop off in spending elsewhere but we are talking a serious stimulus for this team, and beyond, and it is hard to downplay that type of boost. When we got our NHL team back I am quite sure that we maintained high levels of spending for our football and baseball teams, and other entertainment as well. There may have been some declines in other places, but the city has never looked back since the return of our Jets.

And not to beat the dead horse, but our city and regional area have walked with a bounce in our step since the return, and if you don't think that is a valuable asset (intangible or not) then you do not understand the feeling, and the energy and the pride, and the possibilities for our youth. And those things contribute to a better overall character and economic atmosphere for a region. It often creates more initiative and innovation because it has the impetus for bringing clarity to the thinking behind, "what can be."

Finally, it is far better to have something than to wish you had something, when it comes to economy. If you look at the recent recession, once it became clear that there was huge problem out there, among many other things, risk-taking became a lost cause. And that caused the downward spiral to speed up. Conversely, when things are "hot" and investments grow, and business and non business folks believe, risk and innovation have the right environment in which to flourish. I may be taking this a little too deep, but what just happened in Ohio has much more likelihood of stimulation than status quo / decline. if I'm a risk taker, now might be the time to take a healthy leap into the business game.

I know what discretionary money is, it is used for restaurants, movies, clothing other than what is needed for basic living. Car payments, house mortgages or rent, food and basic clothing.

just because a superstar is brought into an area does not increase EXTRA money, which is the discretionary money I speak about.

will there be some extra money that appears sure but it is from people outside of the general area.

Now maybe those folks from other parts of OH 10 that would not come to cleveland and spend money normally might come and spend more money to see him play. but it is still most likely money they would spend going to local movies restaurants, sporting event or for that matter churches or charity.

maybe instead of going to see the browns suck they will go to cav games. but their is not a lot of money that is going to magically appear.

IF they CAvs were new to the area perhaps there would be some people form other teams come to see him him play and of course they would rent cars, stay at local hotels and eat locally. and there will be some I repeat SOME of that but it will not be an economic boom.

with unemployment at all time highs and salaries at near lows there flat is not all that extra money to go around.

I'm glad that everyone in Cleveland is stepping higher now days because frankly Y'all do not have all that much to cheer about.

certainly some jobs are going to be created by restaurants and store but they are not going to be staggering numbers and they will not be high paying jobs.

yes it is nice to have something to look forward to, but I'd look long and hard before taking a big risk if I were a business owner, small steps only.

Garfield
07-14-2014, 10:00 PM
On a lighter note Wiggins and Bennett both looked good again tonight. Wiggins had a sick dunk.

dunks doth not win championships they sell tickets.

Wiggins will not be a superstar for perhaps 3 years, do not get me wrong he will have his moments. glad you are happy.

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 10:09 PM

Wiggins will not be a superstar for perhaps 3 years, do not get me wrong he will have his moments. glad you are happy.

Yep, I am happy. LeBron came back to Cleveland. It's the equivalent of Peyton coming to Denver really. Am I wrong?

Garfield
07-14-2014, 10:16 PM
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-14/lebron-james-s-return-to-bring-500-million-a-year-to-cleveland.html

keys words in this report are.

“It generates real money for the local economy,” FitzGerald, a Democrat running for governor this year,

what do you expect hi to say.

it is COACH SPEAK pal COACH SPEAK.

The effect of having a more robust Cavaliers with James playing increases the total economic impact to about $500 million a year with direct and indirect spending, he said

where is this $500,000,000.00 money coming from? unless it is from out of state, similar to tourists going to LA for the rose bowl and parade. That is fresh money not coming from mostly LOCAL Money..

that will comes from somewhere else, movies, eating out ect.

there is a finite amount of money to be spent, it does not just come out of the air, no money trees..

rents go up, price of Gas (in my area $.50 a gal in the past month) and heating oil as well as natural gas are going up, which means electricity goes up which means that people will have less discretionary funds to spend. Are wages going to go up? to match those numbers? I'd guess not.

with the thought of impending war in the middle east and the southern border going nuts billions of taxe and charity money are going to be needed to take care of those kids.

I suggest and IMO discretionary money will be getting tighter not looser..

Garfield
07-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Yep, I am happy. LeBron came back to Cleveland. It's the equivalent of Peyton coming to Denver really. Am I wrong?

did Mannings arrival boost the economy of Denver? as Y'all are suggesting that king james is going to do

ELWAY421
07-14-2014, 10:28 PM
did Mannings arrival boost the economy of Denver? as Y'all are suggesting that king james is going to do

Im sure it may have a little, but to compare the Broncos to the Cavs is apples and oranges. The Broncos have been selling out for years, the Cavs have not. Like you said Cleveland is no Denver. But with LeBron back count on sell outs. Can you say that you've been to Cleveland to watch a Cavs game when LeBron was playing for the Cavs & when he wasn't. I have, totally different. Money will be generated, read the bloomberg link.

CanDB
07-15-2014, 04:57 AM

The kid's got talent!!!

CanDB
07-15-2014, 04:58 AM

Different situation altogether. And I think you know it. (Although I don't doubt there were economic spinoffs with us getting Peyton.)

Spice 1
07-15-2014, 06:40 AM

Not necessarily. But picking up your dribble on the baseline, splitting two defenders with a spin, and dunking off of it sure helps. When was the last time you saw Wade do something like that?

Better question: Do you think that Kawhi Leonard's athleticism had anything to do with the Spurs' last championship? What about his ability to defend LeBron? Do you assume that he woke up one day, and decided he was going to check LeBron James and Dwyane Wade at a high level? Maybe his length and athleticism had something to do with that.

broncolee
07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
The more I hear people talk about James the more it seems like he's being over applauded.

Apparently he has a problem with giving his current team the courtesy of a phone call before he announces his decision to the world. The Heat apparently learned of his decision the same time everyone else did.

There's also been talk of him being upset that Riley wouldn't let his people have run of the organization. It's being speculated that he's going to run things in Cleveland.

ELWAY421
07-15-2014, 02:50 PM
The more I hear people talk about James the more it seems like he's being over applauded.

Apparently he has a problem with giving his current team the courtesy of a phone call before he announces his decision to the world. The Heat apparently learned of his decision the same time everyone else did.

There's also been talk of him being upset that Riley wouldn't let his people have run of organization. It's being speculated that he's going to run things in Cleveland.

Well if that's the case & LeBron is running the show then Wiggins for Love anytime now. As far as him telling the Heat or Riley, I heard he notified Riley right before & Wade let know on the flight back to Miami & sent a text to Bosh. Sounds like a bunch of crying over spilled milk.

Garfield
07-15-2014, 02:53 PM
I've posted several links stating that LeBron will have a nice economic impact on Cleveland and there are plenty more links out there. You can continue to be a naysayer, it is what it is.

I understand business's what make them run and what kills them. I know that tourism is what drives economies. A tourist dollar turn over 7 or more times in or near where it is spent originally.

That is why it is so near and dear to the Colorado market. Money from the east coast and Midwest used to drive the tourist dollar in skiing and tourism.

Yet how many people are going to flock to Cleveland from other cities to drop tourist dollars in the great city of Cleveland especially during the winter and spring.
IF they do just how many are they dropping.

Yes some fans from other cities are coming to see king James to be continued got to go.

CanDB
07-16-2014, 11:55 AM
I get a kick out of the new word of late.....

"Lebronomy"

:P

DenverBlood
07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
http://mediamusings.dsc.rmit.edu.au/files/2012/10/Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

ELWAY421
07-16-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvyjeMBpKY

Garfield
07-16-2014, 07:51 PM
I get a kick out of the new word of late.....

"Lebronomy"

:P
Seems only to affilict cav fans.

CanDB
07-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Seems only to affilict cav fans.

Never heard of the word. (Had to do it.)

BTW.....what's your issue with The Cavs, and potential economic improvement? Almost every article I've read so far leans towards a positive storyline in Cleveland and supports the argument some of us are making. You seem to have a basic understanding of economics, but you appear to not want to flex at all with the possibilities. I am not sure why. Are you an economics student, or do you have a financial position of some sort? Just askin.

CanDB
07-16-2014, 08:06 PM
http://mediamusings.dsc.rmit.edu.au/files/2012/10/Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Sorry......I thought I heard some breathing.

;)

Houshmazode
07-16-2014, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DUiOM9JkQQ

58_VONDOOM_92
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
People talk about Lebron and Wiggins but what about Kyrie? He may end up having a better season then CP3 this year, the kid is nasty he just have not had much talent around him

Garfield
07-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Never heard of the word. (Had to do it.)

BTW.....what's your issue with The Cavs, and potential economic improvement? Almost every article I've read so far leans towards a positive storyline in Cleveland and supports the argument some of us are making. You seem to have a basic understanding of economics, but you appear to not want to flex at all with the possibilities. I am not sure why. Are you an economics student, or do you have a financial position of some sort? Just askin.

I have no issue with the cavs. Just the blind loyalty to what they want to beleive. If yoi go back to the root of each story where does it come from?

And Yes.

There is little doubt there will be some economic growth. Just not to the level that everyone wishes.

Will it be good for Cleveland, yes just not to the same level his leaving caused.

Basic math says that the money has to come from somewhere and when you take money your left pocket then turn around and put it into your right pocket. You have not increased your own wealth.

There is a finite amount of discretionary money in everyone or every family budget.

Sports, bars, restaurants, other entertainment is based off of discretionary money.

If you give it to the cavs, then it comes from someone (other entertainment) else's revenue.

That or people are going to stop paying their rent, car payments, etc. That is the only other source of money for 99% of all families.

As I've said before IF cav games are sold out mostly from OH10 folks then fewer other teams fans can get tickets and therefore can not bring in outside money.

The only way to increase economic growth is from outside the areas money. Those are hard facts.

ELWAY421
07-16-2014, 11:15 PM
@Orangecat. When people spend money its a economic stimulant. If a person gets a better paying job that allows them to spend more money at the local dollar store It's a economic stimulant. If people whom weren't attending Cavs games when LeBron was gone start attending Cavs it'll be a economic stimulant. What your saying is that it has to be people from out of state in order the be a financial impact. That's horse manure, if that was the case you would have no economic impact in your home state when you go spend money at the mall. Your theory is garbage!!! Let's call like it is. You're troll first & a hater second. I haven't read any positive posts from you in this thread or any other. Comprehend?

ELWAY421
07-16-2014, 11:18 PM
People talk about Lebron and Wiggins but what about Kyrie? He may end up having a better season then CP3 this year, the kid is nasty he just have not had much talent around him

You're right Kyrie is a beast & this will be his best season yet...... The future is looking bright for the Cavs.

ELWAY421
07-17-2014, 03:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DUiOM9JkQQ

Hilarious..

ELWAY421
07-17-2014, 04:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn51TngJM1g

ELWAY421
07-17-2014, 04:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY1otmI1PhI

CanDB
07-17-2014, 09:21 AM
I have no issue with the cavs. Just the blind loyalty to what they want to beleive. If yoi go back to the root of each story where does it come from?

And Yes.

There is little doubt there will be some economic growth. Just not to the level that everyone wishes.

Will it be good for Cleveland, yes just not to the same level his leaving caused.

Basic math says that the money has to come from somewhere and when you take money your left pocket then turn around and put it into your right pocket. You have not increased your own wealth.

There is a finite amount of discretionary money in everyone or every family budget.

Sports, bars, restaurants, other entertainment is based off of discretionary money.

If you give it to the cavs, then it comes from someone (other entertainment) else's revenue.

That or people are going to stop paying their rent, car payments, etc. That is the only other source of money for 99% of all families.

As I've said before IF cav games are sold out mostly from OH10 folks then fewer other teams fans can get tickets and therefore can not bring in outside money.

The only way to increase economic growth is from outside the areas money. Those are hard facts.

First, I am not even what you would call a Cavs fan, but I like the story. And now that the story is in progress, I too will follow this team more than before. And I believe many others like me will do so. And collectively, that shift has to translate to more money, and from the outside.

Second. I understand your view on economics, and it is quite solid. But I think you are confining this too much to Cleveland/regional money only. Plus there are other factors:
1) More spending by those who have money within the Cleveland/regional area, which will stimulate the economy. Try to remember the recession, and the fact that many of us had money but we chose not to spend it, because we feared what was coming next. This is quite different. Even though that part of The US may still be in some economic difficulty (I am not an expert on that, so if I'm wrong I understand) the fact that there is optimism and such, usually breeds more spending and investment, which creates jobs, and generates more spending, etc. And that attracts locals and outsiders to invest in that area, because they are less risk, and in fact, potential opportunity.

2) More and more and more tv coverage and extended promotions will no doubt influence revenues. And again, awareness of a positive nature stimulates opportunities for others to join in on the excitement so to speak. People will invest if there's positive signs. As I mentioned way back.....the "if you build it......" approach can be the impetus for significant growth.

3) I still believe that when folks are more excited about prospects in their area, it helps them reach further to make the best of life. Positivity stimulates possibilities. Therefore the young and not so young have that extra bounce in their step, and wake up with a better feeling about themselves and their home, and that (even though intangible on the surface) can be a game changer for a region. I would rather be around a lesser economy that is motivated than a better economy that is status quo.

Garfield
07-17-2014, 01:59 PM
First, I am not even what you would call a Cavs fan, but I like the story. And now that the story is in progress, I too will follow this team more than before. And I believe many others like me will do so. And collectively, that shift has to translate to more money, and from the outside.

Second. I understand your view on economics, and it is quite solid. But I think you are confining this too much to Cleveland/regional money only. Plus there are other factors:
1) More spending by those who have money within the Cleveland/regional area, which will stimulate the economy. Try to remember the recession, and the fact that many of us had money but we chose not to spend it, because we feared what was coming next. This is quite different. Even though that part of The US may still be in some economic difficulty (I am not an expert on that, so if I'm wrong I understand) the fact that there is optimism and such, usually breeds more spending and investment, which creates jobs, and generates more spending, etc. And that attracts locals and outsiders to invest in that area, because they are less risk, and in fact, potential opportunity.

2) More and more and more tv coverage and extended promotions will no doubt influence revenues. And again, awareness of a positive nature stimulates opportunities for others to join in on the excitement so to speak. People will invest if there's positive signs. As I mentioned way back.....the "if you build it......" approach can be the impetus for significant growth.

3) I still believe that when folks are more excited about prospects in their area, it helps them reach further to make the best of life. Positivity stimulates possibilities. Therefore the young and not so young have that extra bounce in their step, and wake up with a better feeling about themselves and their home, and that (even though intangible on the surface) can be a game changer for a region. I would rather be around a lesser economy that is motivated than a better economy that is status quo.

All of which sound good.
But what are the odds of it bringing in 500 million.

While I have not seen unemployment and average wages for the area. I doubt they have NOT deteriorated over past 4 years or so.

With the uncertainty of rising prices that are related to energy. Food prices go up, heating cooling, transportation as well also have to talk about the increase in actual healthcare not just premiums but also deductibles IF you have to use it.

As to you thoughts about people "hoarding" money I doubt 95% of the residents of the area are not living week to week.

CanDB
07-17-2014, 05:13 PM
All of which sound good.
But what are the odds of it bringing in 500 million.

While I have not seen unemployment and average wages for the area. I doubt they have NOT deteriorated over past 4 years or so.

With the uncertainty of rising prices that are related to energy. Food prices go up, heating cooling, transportation as well also have to talk about the increase in actual healthcare not just premiums but also deductibles IF you have to use it.

As to you thoughts about people "hoarding" money I doubt 95% of the residents of the area are not living week to week.

Yes they do sound good, because they are!!!......:D

As for the $500M.....I never put a number on it, so I am not defending the amount. But I see reasonable benefits coming through, and so maybe we need to leave us hanging from different trees on this topic. I say they will, and you say they won't.

Garfield
07-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Yes they do sound good, because they are!!!......:D

As for the $500M.....I never put a number on it, so I am not defending the amount. But I see reasonable benefits coming through, and so maybe we need to leave us hanging from different trees on this topic. I say they will, and you say they won't.

but IIRC you were posting various web sites pushing that this was the greatest economic impact since we forever for Cleveland.

If you were not sorry I mixed you up with someone else.

Sure there will be some growth for the area and loads of people are going to feel GOOD about King James return. but the dollar values some were posted or linked to are just not going to happen, especially with all the bad things in the world going on over the past 2 years to todays airline being shot down as well as What is happening in Gaza, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

None of these things are going instill confidence in the OIL market. Which dominates the rest of the economy.

ELWAY421
07-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Apparently Wiggins is in play for Kevin Love now. I'm not sure how I feel about this? Wiggins could end up being a superstar, Love will bring 26 points 12 rebounds a game average but his defense is non existent.... Sigh.......

CanDB
07-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Apparently Wiggins is in play for Kevin Love now. I'm not sure how I feel about this? Wiggins could end up being a superstar, Love will bring 26 points 12 rebounds a game average but his defense is non existent.... Sigh.......

That's too bad, because I would love to have Wiggins learn the game from Lebron. I guess LJ wants some "Love" and he has the power to make things happen. And as has been noted, he did not mention Wiggins in his "essay". Cmon Lebron, you can love canucks too! (I guess he'll still end up with one or two one way or another).:thumb:

broncolee
07-18-2014, 12:03 AM
If Wiggins is in play, I hope the story of him being told that he won't be traded is false.

broncolee
07-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Has Wiggins signed a contract with the Cavaliers yet? If not, he should make it clear that he won't report to the Timberwolves. If he holds out, he would probably still be a high draft pick next year, if it works the same way as the NFL.

Spice 1
07-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Has Wiggins signed a contract with the Cavaliers yet? If not, he should make it clear that he won't report to the Timberwolves. If he holds out, he would probably still be a high draft pick next year, if it works the same way as the NFL.

Then what? Sign a one year contract somewhere in Europe or join the And 1 Tour? If he gets traded the Wolves will still have Rubio, LaVine, GRIII, and Bennett (who'll probably end up getting dealt as well). They still have some serious pieces, and it beats the hell out of moving to Europe or taking a year off. It's not like he's getting sent to the LA Lakers (which is like the new NBA purgatory right now).

broncolee
07-19-2014, 05:04 PM
I just think it would be funny if Wiggins decided to exercise some power of his own.

100%Broncoholic
07-20-2014, 03:29 AM
"I was looking at Wigs' performances," said Cavaliers coach David Blatt, who raved about Wiggins' play — and his plans for the former Kansas star going forward — throughout summer league. "Guy was in double figures every game. He rebounded. He defended. He went to the foul line. He played with intensity on both ends of the court. I thought for a rookie, for a guy with a lot on his shoulders as the first pick in the draft, for a 19-year-old, I thought he played extremely well."

From an article found here. (http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/07/19/what-happens-in-vegas-for-andrew-wiggins-summer-league-had-plenty-twists-and/)

As a fellow arm chair qb and gm like many of you, I would prefer the cost effectiveness and youth of Wiggins. Why not? John Wall was questioned a little his first year as under performing for the Wizards, but now he's lights out, but then again Wiggins could be the next Kwame Brown.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, plus I wonder who the top free agents are for next year too, so the Cavs save money here and get ready for next year too.

Spice 1
07-20-2014, 08:54 AM
From an article found here. (http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/07/19/what-happens-in-vegas-for-andrew-wiggins-summer-league-had-plenty-twists-and/)

As a fellow arm chair qb and gm like many of you, I would prefer the cost effectiveness and youth of Wiggins. Why not? John Wall was questioned a little his first year as under performing for the Wizards, but now he's lights out, but then again Wiggins could be the next Kwame Brown.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, plus I wonder who the top free agents are for next year too, so the Cavs save money here and get ready for next year too.

If I were Griffin, I wouldn't trade Wiggins. Guys like Kwame Brown aren't even in the same Nebula when it comes to athleticism, temperament, and coordination. You know you're getting a freak athlete, who prides himself on playing defense, and already exhibits the ability to create his own shot. Right now I'd say that at the very worst, he'll still a better player than Marion was in his prime. He may never have the post game or the three pointer, but I think his mid range game and ability to attack the basket trumps that. Just my :2cents:. It's a little early for all of this talk, but the Cavs have to decide what he's going to be right now.

On the other side of the coin, you pretty much have to keep LeBron happy. So, if he wants Love or wants to win right now, you have to make the trade. Kevin Love playing off of LeBron is like a dream scenario. Plus, he, Kyrie, and LeBron can all make commercials where they look like old people. lol.

If the Cavs do keep Wiggins though, imagine trying to defend these guys in transition. If you thought the Heat were awesome on a fast break...

CanDB
08-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Sounds like Cleveland feels the Love, as a reported trade has taken place, to include Wiggins, Bennett and a '15 first rounder. If so, lets see what the new threesome - Lebron, Irving and Love can do to turn this franchise around. Similarly, Minnesota may be a team to watch in a couple of years, if the young men pan out.

Here's one source:

The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, Yahoo! Sports is reporting.

According to Yahoo sources, Love has committed to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer for five years and $120 million-plus.

The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

Sources have told ESPN.com that Love has been highly intrigued by the idea of playing alongside Olympic teammate LeBron James on a full-time basis and is not put off by the fact James' contract with the Cavs spans only two seasons and includes a player option to return to free agency next summer.

CanDB
08-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Interesting how Cleveland has two of the most talked about athletes in sports, all at the same time. Lebron and Manziel.......wow, now I can really feel Cleveland "rocking".