PDA

View Full Version : Coming To Denver For My First Time...

Bates
07-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Life long Broncos fan, finally get out to Mile High for a game. From NJ (Yes I went to the Super Bowl :( )

Have a few questions:

Coming for the Chiefs game week 2 and will be staying at the Sheraton in Downtown Denver. In the event that altitude sickness doesn't kick my ass, what are some spots to check (aside from the 16th St. Mall) out in the area?

I am not renting a car (Flying in Friday afternoon and leaving Monday afternoon), and was wondering what the tailgate situation would be like for my buddy and I. We were thinking about just getting 1 or 2 cheap travel cooler bags, throwing some food and beer in them and ditching them before we go into the game. Are there spots for people to hang out who don't have cars or any friendly regular tailgaters who accept newcomers (Metlife has lots of big tailgate party areas for everyone)? We want to do it up right while we are out there.

Thanks in advance, and also if anyone is coming out for the Jets game at Metlife this season and have any questions, let me know as I am 10 minutes from the stadium (and will be at the game that day as well).

86Elwayfan
07-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Life long Broncos fan, finally get out to Mile High for a game. From NJ (Yes I went to the Super Bowl :( )

Have a few questions:

Coming for the Chiefs game week 2 and will be staying at the Sheraton in Downtown Denver. In the event that altitude sickness doesn't kick my ass, what are some spots to check (aside from the 16th St. Mall) out in the area?

I am not renting a car (Flying in Friday afternoon and leaving Monday afternoon), and was wondering what the tailgate situation would be like for my buddy and I. We were thinking about just getting 1 or 2 cheap travel cooler bags, throwing some food and beer in them and ditching them before we go into the game. Are there spots for people to hang out who don't have cars or any friendly regular tailgaters who accept newcomers (Metlife has lots of big tailgate party areas for everyone)? We want to do it up right while we are out there.

Thanks in advance, and also if anyone is coming out for the Jets game at Metlife this season and have any questions, let me know as I am 10 minutes from the stadium (and will be at the game that day as well).

So if you all like beer there are tons of good breweries around Denver. (I would just do a google search for them) We have some pretty awesome Museums and such downtown and I think you may be able to do a stadium tour on one of the days that isn't Sunday. As far as tailgating goes I am more than happy to host out of towners. Please just send me a PM and we can exchange info. As far as other stuff to do it really depends on what you are looking for. Here is a link to the Denver facts site could give you some more info. http://www.denver.org/about-denver/facts-info/

Bates
07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
So if you all like beer there are tons of good breweries around Denver. (I would just do a google search for them) We have some pretty awesome Museums and such downtown and I think you may be able to do a stadium tour on one of the days that isn't Sunday. As far as tailgating goes I am more than happy to host out of towners. Please just send me a PM and we can exchange info. As far as other stuff to do it really depends on what you are looking for. Here is a link to the Denver facts site could give you some more info. http://www.denver.org/about-denver/facts-info/

Oh trust me I know all about West Coast beers. New Belgium is a mighty fine brewery as is Great Divide. My 2 favorite CO breweries outside of Coors (I love me some Banquet Beer!).

My buddy and I are just looking for some great places to eat and good sites to check out around our hotel. I know Denver is a breakfast kind of city so we definitely want to eat somewhere good for breakfast 1 or 2 mornings.

That's what I call hospitality! I may have to take you up on that, thank you very much. Yea basically we are just looking for a place to put our beers down and hang out before we go into the game. (We plan on getting there when gates open to enjoy the whole day) I'll make sure to send you a PM.

Don't know if you would get that kind of hospitality from to many random Jets/Giants fans lol.

I am hoping for an awesome experience that warrants me coming back year after year. The trip is relatively cheap (costing me a 1/3 of what I paid for my Super Bowl ticket lol) so I wouldn't mind coming back every year.

teetdogs
07-23-2014, 01:03 PM
If you're a beer guy, check out Falling Rock Tap House. They have a ton of beers on tap. Denver Beer Company is great, as is Breckenridge Brewing. If you're going to travel at all out side of Downtown, check out Hops and Pie, great beer and AMAZING pizza. You can get one of those Car2Go instead of renting that way you can check out more that Denver has to offer. Paramount Cafe patio is a great spot to grab drinks and people watch. If you want a great view of Denver head up to the lounge on the 23rd floor of the Hyatt hotel downtown when its dark and enjoy a cocktail with a great view.

Benny Blancos or DP Dough for great late night pizza and calzones. Petes Kitchen has some amazing Green Chile as well as a ton of other great eats as well.

Bates
07-24-2014, 04:45 AM
If you're a beer guy, check out Falling Rock Tap House. They have a ton of beers on tap. Denver Beer Company is great, as is Breckenridge Brewing. If you're going to travel at all out side of Downtown, check out Hops and Pie, great beer and AMAZING pizza. You can get one of those Car2Go instead of renting that way you can check out more that Denver has to offer. Paramount Cafe patio is a great spot to grab drinks and people watch. If you want a great view of Denver head up to the lounge on the 23rd floor of the Hyatt hotel downtown when its dark and enjoy a cocktail with a great view.

Benny Blancos or DP Dough for great late night pizza and calzones. Petes Kitchen has some amazing Green Chile as well as a ton of other great eats as well.

Thanks for the great info. I was looking up the Tap House yesterday. That and Great Divide brewery (since they are both relatively close to my hotel) are both on my lists of places to check out.

No offense, but I am from NJ, right outside of Manhattan, which means I doubt I am finding pizza and calzones better then what is offered by me short of going to Italy lol. (Okay I'm joking, but if there is one thing NJ gets right, it is any and all Italian food).

We will definitely check out the Hyatt maybe on Saturday night since that is really close to our hotel as well.

What are some must try breakfast spots, and any good sports bars to watch the Sunday night game in?

86Elwayfan
07-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the great info. I was looking up the Tap House yesterday. That and Great Divide brewery (since they are both relatively close to my hotel) are both on my lists of places to check out.

No offense, but I am from NJ, right outside of Manhattan, which means I doubt I am finding pizza and calzones better then what is offered by me short of going to Italy lol. (Okay I'm joking, but if there is one thing NJ gets right, it is any and all Italian food).

We will definitely check out the Hyatt maybe on Saturday night since that is really close to our hotel as well.

What are some must try breakfast spots, and any good sports bars to watch the Sunday night game in?

There are a lot of places on 16th Street you can watch the Sunday night game. That or Jackson's Bar which is right across the street from Coors Field. I don't typically do Breakfast downtown so I wont be much help there :/

Bates
07-25-2014, 04:28 AM
It's all good. I'll keep doing some research, my time is limited so I'll have to pick and choose sadly. You've been a big help though so thanks again. I'll PM you soon with my info so we can meet up at the game.