PDA

View Full Version : Trip from Ireland to Denver, where to stay?

haggies
07-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I'm finally going to my first Broncos game in Colorado this year(23rd Nov against the Dolphins).

Firstly, any suggestions on where to stay? Is close to the stadium better or should I stay closer to the centre of town, which hotels would you recommend?

Any other suggestions for my first trip to Denver?

Where is the best place to go for a few(read lots of) drinks?

Cheers,
Haggies

haggies
08-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Cheers buddy! I've booked the Sheraton hotel as well :)

Anyone any suggestions for pubs or clubs to go to on a Saturday night?

BroncosPWNn00bs
08-01-2014, 02:05 AM
It took me a while to find the right hotel because it seems like there are some shady areas of Denver that aren't the safest. I am staying at the Sheraton for my visit, and it seems like that area is nice, clean and safe. Sometimes it is worth the extra money to know you will be in a much better environment.

Just do a lot of research on the hotel before you book it. Look up reviews and that should help you make up your mind.

Saw your username and the OP post and thought of " Bates motel" :laugh:

But yea, have fun at the games guys :rockon: And there is always lots of stuff to do in Denver :laugh:

86Elwayfan
08-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Cheers buddy! I've booked the Sheraton hotel as well :)

Anyone any suggestions for pubs or clubs to go to on a Saturday night?

Would you like to see the states attempt at an irish pub?? Haha Katie Mullens is literally a block from your hotel and they actually have pretty good beer prices for Downtown. Other than that I would recommend you take the 16th st. Mall ride up to Market or Blake and go to a place like Cowboy lounge or the Tavern.

Really if you take the bus to Blake St and go North towards 20th there are all sorts of good places. Falling Rock has a ton of different beers on tap so if that's what you are looking for that place is awesome.

haggies
08-04-2014, 05:27 AM
I'd prefer to avoid any Irish pub while i'm away we have quite a few of them here ;)

Would love to soak in a different atmosphere while away, thanks very much for the suggestions i'll certainly look into them :)