PDA

View Full Version : How Good Is Rory McILROY!!!!!

CanDB
08-10-2014, 08:10 PM
It wasn't easy this time, but Rory accomplished his goal of winning another Major, his fourth, and at such a young age. Not to mention, this is his third straight victory including two Majors. How good is that!

And today he did it from behind, after finally losing his lead. But lets not forget, he has beaten golf's best in 3 straight tournaments, and today conditions made it easier for a big group to go birdie hunting. This is not the way Majors are constructed. Normally they screen out anyone who hasn't come with their better game. But today it was shoot right at the flags and may the best putter win. Well, there's a little more to it than that.;)

Rory was king a while back but lost his game for a while. Now he's back and with gusto. His driving is the longest and pretty most accurate I've seen of any long ball hitter, and from a guy who is not very big at that. But the rest of his game is amazing too! And now it appears he has a champion's heart, enjoying the last day competition. He's come a long way since a brutal Masters earlier in his career, when he ballooned in the final round. But then again we shouldn't be too surprised of his latest feats, given his US Open win that very same year of his Masters disaster. He was very young, but able to overcome that painful loss in quick order.

I am not going to predict that he will be the greatest golfer ever. But I do believe he will be one of the best to ever play the game, given what I've seen this season. And why not.....golf needs another star to follow.

johntbronco
08-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Tiger who?

CanDB
08-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Tiger who?

I found today's final round to be very exciting, even minus Tiger. We all know what a great player Tiger is, but at least for the golf purists, this was a very captivating finish. Of course the money makers of tv-land aren't happy when he's absent, but too bad for them. Tiger is not up to standard of late, and many us believe he needs to take some time off and recuperate.

Regardless, Rory and Phil and Rickie and on and on, put on a great show today.

Jaws
08-11-2014, 04:55 AM
I like Rory.
So talented at such a young age.

CanDB
08-11-2014, 11:57 AM
I can't wait for next year's Masters (talk about impatience!). Rory will be going for the complete slam, not to mention three in a row, and the competition should be stiff. There are so many great golfers on the scene. Let there be no mistake, beating a large group of top level golfers is not an easy thing to do. Your odds at the regular tournaments go up a lot, depending on who shows up, but Majors and a few other key events draw the world's best, and there are a ton of great golfers around the globe!