PDA

View Full Version : United Club Seats

BroncoHog84
08-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Hey guys new to the board and to Denver. I moved up in December from Arkansas and while I've always liked the Broncos, I grew up a Niners fan. I'm adopting the Broncos though and want to get season tickets. Obviously that won't happen anytime soon (my number is 50,503) so I was trying to find a way to get around this and get tickets sooner. I ordered someone's tickets off StubHub for the season but was interested in United Club seats.

Anybody have any experience with United Club seats? I don't like the of being inside and out of the atmosphere of the game but if it gets me season tickets I'm interested. Taking a tour this afternoon but would appreciate any input from you guys. Thanks a lot, go Broncos!

JWinn
08-13-2014, 11:05 AM
They have something left on the club level? I thought they were sold out…..

Anyway, yeah, I have been there all along. I sit in the West Club, and would not move for anything, lol. I love it.

A few years ago, that was the only was to get in and skip the waiting list. It's a lot more expensive, but you could buy season tickets easily. Now, Peyton Manning plays here, and I am told we are all sold out.

So I am kinda surprised to hear there might be something left. Are you taking a regular tour, or is someone from the club trying to sell you?

Sitting in the club is not sitting inside. Your not in a box or anything like that. It's a just a separate level, one with it's one large lounge (two actually- one on each side) behind the seats.

Anything specific you want to know?

:logo:

BroncoHog84
08-13-2014, 12:47 PM
No they don't have any left, but I'll get on the waiting list for that (1-3 years I'm told) while I wait for season tickets (10-15) in the general stadium. I'm doing the tour with a guy named Geoff. He's trying to sell me on the club. So there's outside seating if you're a club member? From the pictures it looks like you sit behind glass and miss all the atmosphere of the game. It would be nice when it's balls cold out but overall I like being in amongst other fans. If you could just tell me all about them, the things I may not hear on the tour. If it's outdoor seating with the option to sit inside if I want then it sound like a great deal to me. I'm an RN and don't make a ton of money, but I make enough to afford the purple or orange level for two seats.

So a few specific questions:

1. Are you indoors at all times or are there seats outside for you to sit in?
2. What's the payment schedule like? All up front, annually, bi annually?
3. Are the other people in the club essentially like the monopoly man who want it quiet as a funeral or can there be a little noise? I'm not going to go crazy up there but I'd like to be able to yell if something good happens without getting the stink eye from someone.
4. What's the general makeup of the crowd there? I've been told cool people, I've also been told monopoly man and his spoiled kids.
5. How hard is it to sell your seats? Do you get a good price for any seats you sell?

Feel free to add in any information you can. I'll enjoy my tickets in 236 this year and hopefully find better ones online or get into the club next year. Thanks a bunch man.

JWinn
08-13-2014, 01:38 PM
I know Geoff.

He's a good guy and an honest one. He won't BS you.

The seats you see behind glass are box seats. There's a level of them below the club, and another one above, where the reads and coaches sit. He'll show it all to you. Tell him to take you out to my area, and you can see it all from there. He'll know….

1. I am outdoors. In the snow. Just like everyone else. I just have the lounge behind me, and no seats in there to watch the game directly from. Only on TV inside.

2.There's a few different options for payment. Geoff will go over all that with you, and give you something that explains it all in detail you can take with you.

3 & 4.

The make up of the club crowd varies. We have a lot of regulars who come to every game, and lots of us are very loud. As long as your not screaming directly into someone ear, you'll be fine.

We have a lot of corporate seats. That means some seats see different fans every game, and you never know who's gonna sit there. We also have a lot of crazies though, who dress up and go nuts every game.

And yes, we have plenty of spoiled people there. That comes with the territory. Super high priced areas are going to have that, but most of them are there to just root for the team, like everyone else. I don't see too much "stink eye". lol, Certainly not form regular.

Just don't spill your beer, (be a drunk), and you'll be fine.

5. This one I am no help on. I have only sold my seats once in 14 years, NE regular game in 05, and got full price for them from a broker. But as Geoff will show you, my seats are pretty good, and easy to sell.

Tell Geoff that Jordan said Hi!

BroncoHog84
08-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Just got back or I would've. Signed up for the waiting list so I hope I can get some tickets next season or maybe the year after that. Geoff mentioned how frustrating the wait list numbers are b\c he said the majority of people on there will never buy tickets. That and brokers who never go to games. I'll probably sell a few of mine every year to differ the cost. And it would be an honest to go miracle if I were off for every game of the season. Nursing just doesn't work that way haha. So hopefully I'll get some seats in the purple section the next season or so. Thanks for answering all my questions man, much appreciated. Take it easy.

JWinn
08-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey! No problem Hog! :logo:

Tickets pretty much everywhere in the stadium are available on the secondary market. If your resourceful and a bit lucky, there are some pretty good deals to be found out there. I read about them here.

At least you could can sit in a few different areas that way. Maybe decide you like one area more than another, and make a more informed choice, rather than just taking what's offered without knowing what your getting.

Decide if the extra cost of the club is really worth it to you. ;)

BroncoHog84
08-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Yah I got a pair in section 236 this season off Stub Hub. I liked the view from the Club seats. In the middle of the atmosphere, for the most part, but high enough to get a good view of everything. And having your own private area for beer and food would be awesome. I'm getting these more for the season ticket part than just for the seats. I'll have to wait an eternity for reg season tickets but I could get these in a year or two. Plus you get first choice at playoff tickets. The 5 yr commitment worries me a little but it's not that bad.

JWinn
08-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Yah I got a pair in section 236 this season off Stub Hub. I liked the view from the Club seats. In the middle of the atmosphere, for the most part, but high enough to get a good view of everything. And having your own private area for beer and food would be awesome. I'm getting these more for the season ticket part than just for the seats. I'll have to wait an eternity for reg season tickets but I could get these in a year or two. Plus you get first choice at playoff tickets. The 5 yr commitment worries me a little but it's not that bad.

I understand. I signed up for seven years, six years ago, and will again this next year.

If you commit, you get a serious discount. It adds up over the years. I picked up a few tickets off the floor thursday night, and they tell the tale.

I sit in Section 310, row 2 seat 5. My cost, printed right on my preprinted tickets, is $315.00.

Now I found one just ten rows up from me. Section 310, row 12, seat 5, also on a preprinted ticket, and it's $395.00.

Section 307, row 9 seat 9, $345.00. Also preprinted.

And finally, Section 310, row 1, seat 5. right in front of me, $315.00, like mine.

Now why would the first two rows be $80 CHEAPER than row 12? Because they are closer to the announcers booth? Nope, lol.

Because me and the guy in front of me signed up for seven years. And the guy who has row 12 did not, and he pays $800.00 more, per year, per seat, than I do. Just because I chose seven years.

But I know I'll be here eight years form now, (knock on wood, lol) doing it again, so it's not a problem for me. The guy in row 12 probably cannot say the same thing.

You can add that up. It's worth the commitment. You get them at a better price, and if your going to sell some, you can make that much more.

Now I mention preprinted because I also find tickets that are printed out that day every now and then. Being 8x10 sheets, they don't fall out as much I guess. But for club level tickets, I've seen em over $400 many, many times.

So you use the Exchange, sell the Raider game (for example) and keep your preprinted tickets that say $315, (because YOU committed) while the guy in your seat has a sheet he printed out the day of the game, that says $450 on it.

Again, it's worth your commitment. :thumb:

BroncoHog84
08-14-2014, 12:28 AM
I plan on being in Denver for a very long time. I've planned on moving here for two years and it's even better than I thought it would be. I'm not going anywhere. Makes sense that a longer term commitment will mean a lower yearly price. I'm holding out hope that I'll get a pair of tickets for next season, but I'm expecting it to take till the 2016 or 17 season. Growing up in Arkansas we weren't broke by any means (mid middle class IYAM) but we didn't have the extra cash to go to Razorback games. I've always wanted season tickets and I can't wait to get them. Thanks again for the inside scoop on things. I'll owe you a beer when I get the seats in the next few years.

JWinn
08-14-2014, 05:00 PM
I plan on being in Denver for a very long time. I've planned on moving here for two years and it's even better than I thought it would be. I'm not going anywhere. Makes sense that a longer term commitment will mean a lower yearly price. I'm holding out hope that I'll get a pair of tickets for next season, but I'm expecting it to take till the 2016 or 17 season. Growing up in Arkansas we weren't broke by any means (mid middle class IYAM) but we didn't have the extra cash to go to Razorback games. I've always wanted season tickets and I can't wait to get them. Thanks again for the inside scoop on things. I'll owe you a beer when I get the seats in the next few years.

Make it a lemonade, and you got a deal! :thumb:

I think it would not hurt if you called Geoff, or anyone at the Club, at asked if anything is available every couple of months. Starting in January.

That's when people will be deciding if they are going to renew, and maybe you can slip in somehow should someone walk.

Good luck!

Frenchy180
08-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Hey! No problem Hog! :logo:

Tickets pretty much everywhere in the stadium are available on the secondary market. If your resourceful and a bit lucky, there are some pretty good deals to be found out there. I read about them here.

At least you could can sit in a few different areas that way. Maybe decide you like one area more than another, and make a more informed choice, rather than just taking what's offered without knowing what your getting.

Decide if the extra cost of the club is really worth it to you. ;)

This is what I do... At least until my name gets called for season tickets... I think I've settled on 534 or 508, right on the 50, top level :D