PDA

View Full Version : Colt vs. broncos -first broncos game

AlbertaBroncos
08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone!

Some friends and I are coming to Denver for the season opener against the Colts. We have some things planned to do while in Denver but we are wondering what some other fun things to do in Denver are. It'll be our first time in Denver and our first Broncos game live! Some the things we are wondering are:

How do the tailgate party's work and which lot is the best?

What are the best bars in Denver? More specifically sports/Broncos bars

Are there any special season opener events or game day events?

What are some other fun things to do around the city?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help and I apologize if this question should be in a different place :)

JWinn
08-31-2014, 07:42 PM
Welcome AlbertaBroncos!

You can tailgate in just about every lot around the stadium. People do it everywhere they can park. But Lot C is the big party lot, with all the RV's. Also Lot M has been pretty big with the tailgaters the last few years.

As for events at the Colt game, pretty much the usual stuff. There's always a huge party going on just South of the stadium. They have had a big tent there in the past, but last year it was a giant screen and open air. Not sure what they are doing now, but I noticed the giant screen is no longer there. But it's still a massive party going on there.

They are giving out towels this game, so you wanna be sure not to be too late entering. Those are pretty popular. But that's it for anything different for the opener.

This will help on parking and tailgating;

http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/tailgating.html

Have fun at the game!

:logo:

AlbertaBroncos
08-31-2014, 08:51 PM
Thank you so much for your help! Can't wait to get there!

Remedy
09-01-2014, 03:01 AM
Greetings from your CFL overlords in saskatchewan.

Az-bronco-fan
09-01-2014, 02:23 PM
My son(14) and I are going to the Broncos vs Colts game. This is his first NFL game and he is a huge Broncos fan. We are coming in from AZ. I have a couple questions.
What time do the gates open and can he get autographs before the game?

The only tickets I was able to get, the day they went on sale, after 5 hours of trying online and finally calling TM are in row 13 seats 13 and 20. I was told they had no two seats together. Do you think I'll have any issues asking 7 people to move down one seat?
Is the stadium sold out?

Any good pregame day activities for a teen and dad?

Thanks
Kyle

JWinn
09-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Welcome Az!

While a lot of the entertainment is centered on alcohol at football games, almost all of it is also family friendly, to an extent, ya know? Kids are welcome, of course, they just cannot drink.

The gates open at 4:30, two hours before kickoff, give or take 2 minutes, and the gate you enter.

As for autographs, the best chance for current players are before or after the game at the players entrance/exit on the South end of the stadium, right out front of the team store. Once you get there, Walk around a bit, you'll see it. You cannot miss it.

Alumni & cheerleaders sign at the Mile High Mountain Village (that's a handful, lol) on the North end. You just need game tickets to get in there, so no problem for you two.

Will ALL the tickets get used? Who knows.., but yes, the game is sold out. No doubt some are available on the secondary market, but you won't be able to just walk up and buy a ticket two hours to go.

You'll be able to on the street however. Lots of people waving them at cars pre game, all over the place.

As for getting a whole row of people to move down one seat, I dunno about that. Some people are very particular about their seat, and won't move. However, I find most Bronco fans pretty accommodating, and if your friendly, and wearing the right colors, you might be able to get em all to move down one seat.

Good luck!

There's stuff all over, outside the game beforehand to do and see. Some of it is more geared for little kids or adults, but your 14 year old should find something interesting.

Mine is 18, and has stopped going, but he liked the PPK stuff, and the kid castle slide stuff when he was younger.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/index.html

Lots of info there.

Have fun at the game! :thumb:

Az-bronco-fan
09-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks JWinn. I appreciate the info. and look forward to the game.

hydrocarbon
09-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,

Coming down to Denver for a 5 day conference -- picked up a ticket on stub hub, section 106, row 4 -- paid through the teeth so I think it looks like a good ticket? :D

I am going solo as all of my buddies from work have plans that night -- worth it to come down tailgating as a one man army? When is the best time to show up?

Buy a jersey from the mall or buy from team store?

Thanks in advance

JWinn
09-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Hiya Hydrocarbon!

Hmm… Not sure I can be much help on this one.

First off, section 106 row 4 will be awesome. You'll be right behind the bench, a little to the left. You should see the Bronconator rooting before the game, during warmups right in front of you. He's always right down there before every game.

As for the jersey, go with the best deal you can find. The stitched Nike's at the stadium go for about $240, and I just got another Julius, not stitched, for $130 at a store in the club level at the Seahawks game.

(Edit) Those are the stadium prices.

As a season ticket holder, I get a serious discount at the stadium, but you won't, so if you find a better deal somewhere else….. ;)

Gates open at 4:30, about two hours before kickoff. But the party will start hours before that. RV's will probably line up the night before, and it'll be already long since rocking when I get there about 3:30.

As to when to go, by yourself, I would suggest earlier rather than later simply because of congestion. Getting into the stadium, and TO the stadium takes longer the closer it gets to kickoff. I know traffic is a nightmare in that last hour (from others), and I see the huge mobs trying to get into the stadium with 20 minutes to go. Some of them miss the kickoff.

And with your seats, I think you'll want to go in early, as you'll be very close to the team during warmups.

Have fun!

hydrocarbon
09-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Hiya Hydrocarbon!

Hmm… Not sure I can be much help on this one.

First off, section 106 row 4 will be awesome. You'll be right behind the bench, a little to the left. You should see the Bronconator rooting before the game, during warmups right in front of you. He's always right down there before every game.

As for the jersey, go with the best deal you can find. The stitched Nike's at the stadium go for about $240, and I just got another Julius, not stitched, for $130 at a store in the club level at the Seahawks game.

As a season ticket holder, I get a serious discount at the stadium, but you won't, so if you find a better deal somewhere else….. ;)

Gates open at 4:30, about two hours before kickoff. But the party will start hours before that. RV's will probably line up the night before, and it'll be already long since rocking when I get there about 3:30.

As to when to go, by yourself, I would suggest earlier rather than later simply because of congestion. Getting into the stadium, and TO the stadium takes longer the closer it gets to kickoff. I know traffic is a nightmare in that last hour (from others), and I see the huge mobs trying to get into the stadium with 20 minutes to go. Some of them miss the kickoff.

And with your seats, I think you'll want to go in early, as you'll be very close to the team during warmups.

Have fun!

Right on! Thanks for the insight -- much appreciated!

Last question -- I was looking at pics of section 106 -- would my row #4 be last red chair or 4 behind that one? Not sure if those red rows are corporate or something.

https://chairnerd.global.ssl.fastly.net/images/seatview/1131/nfl/broncos/b0bb75/106/640/sports-authority-field-at-mile-high-section-106-view.jpg

I will be down there nice and early!

86Elwayfan
09-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Here is some other info on gettin in and all that.

http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/gameday

86Elwayfan
09-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Here is some more info on gates opening and lots as well: http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/gameday

JWinn
09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Right on! Thanks for the insight -- much appreciated!

Last question -- I was looking at pics of section 106 -- would my row #4 be last red chair or 4 behind that one? Not sure if those red rows are corporate or something.

https://chairnerd.global.ssl.fastly.net/images/seatview/1131/nfl/broncos/b0bb75/106/640/sports-authority-field-at-mile-high-section-106-view.jpg

I will be down there nice and early!

Orange, not red.:nono:

:laugh:

Nope, those are not corporate seats. They're YOURS!

I am pretty sure your in the last orange row.

hydrocarbon
09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Orange, not red.:nono:

:laugh:

Nope, those are not corporate seats. They're YOURS!

I am pretty sure your in the last orange row.

:thumb:

"ORANGE" and WOOO if they are -- I only paid about 600 over sticker so I hope so hahaha

JWinn
09-02-2014, 03:45 PM
:thumb:

"ORANGE" and WOOO if they are -- I only paid about 600 over sticker so I hope so hahaha

:jawdrop:

OK, now you HAVE to have fun!

I think it'll worth it though. Bronco games are always a blast, no matter how the game itself goes. And the opener always has an extra bit of excitement, so if you gonna shell out for one game, I think this would be it.

Definitely wanna be early at that price. :thumb: