PDA

View Full Version : First Broncos Home Game? Start here for information.

JWinn
09-04-2014, 12:50 AM
First Broncos Home Game? Start here for information.
Welcome.

Coming to your first Broncos game at Sports Authority Field this year? There's a few thing you might to read here before you make you own thread. Many ask the same questions, and this post will answer most of them. Some of them.

OK, a few of them.

First thing, the main gates open two hours before kickoff. For most Sunday games, that means they open right around Noon, sometimes 12:15 if the game is at 2:15. If you have United Club Level tickets, the club gates open three hours before kickoff.

Parking is mostly sold out, but some of the lots take cash on an availability basis. If they have the spaces, they will have signs directing you where to go. If you don't want to take the chance, you can call the Broncos Parking Hotline at 720-258-3727, and see if any passes are available for the game your interested in.

One thing, about parking or anything, it's best to be early to Bronco games. The lots fill up fast, and many people remain out in the lots partying right up until kickoff. It gets harder to find a space, and harder to navigate your way thru the masses to find a spot, the later you show up.

I always recommend coming down as soon as your ready. At the stadium by noon, at the latest, for the normal 2 o'clock game.

Tailgating;

Yup, you can tailgate. You can do it cheaply, or you can drop a ton of cash and go all out in a big RV. You will see some Bronco RV's that will blow your mind, and people sitting on Bronco lawn chairs in front of the car in the middle of every lot.

These links will help you find the answers to your questions;

First here;
http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets...ium/index.html

And here;
http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com

Lotsa links in those. Use em. Lots of answers. Almost everything you want to know is in there.

Only you set the limits on how much you want to tailgate. But a little planning is important. It might be too late to start planning something extravagant on a Friday night for a Sunday game.

Good planning is key to everyone having a good time.

If your coming alone though, and not parking, you still can participate in all of it. There always a major party going on just South of the stadium, and tailgate parties going on in almost every lot. The RV's mostly go to lot C, but not exclusively. They can be found in almost every lot.

No, they are not there for you, specifically, of course, but if your friendly, and wearing the right colors, lol. it's likely you can maybe grab a bite, or have a beer at one of those tailgate parties before you go in. That's going to depend on you.

Seating;

If your coming, you must have seats! NO?

This page will probably be helpful to you;

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/denver_broncos/

Located in the first link above, this 3D view will give you an idea of what to expect. Just type in your section and row, and you'll get your view.

That pretty much covers the basics. Of course, if you have a specific question, ask here or start your own thread.

And please, if anyone has something they feel would be helpful, something I am forgetting (I know I don't cover everything), feel free to add to this. Especially on the Tailgating, as I don't even do that, and not really the best person to ask on that stuff.

Your helpful contributions will be greatly appreciated.

hydrocarbon
09-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Great thread and info!

Question about cabs -- are there lots available following the game?

This canuck will be there nice and early Sunday, wearing my Bronco colors!

cheers

JWinn
09-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks hydrocarbon!

Cabs? Taxis? I do see a few cabs here and there after games, but have never seen a line of them, like at an airport, or anything like that.

No clue how people get them after a game. I assume they just call em, or have something set up beforehand.

But I do not think you'll be able to go out afterwards and just hail one. I could be wrong on that, but again, I have never seen a line of cabs at the stadium before.

Sorry.

:logo:

EddieMac
09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
It's a quick walk to the train anyway. Or right to downtown. There are a million of those bike cab dudes too.

JWinn
09-04-2014, 04:10 PM
It's a quick walk to the train anyway. Or right to downtown. There are a million of those bike cab dudes too.

The Pedi-cabs.

Yeah, we have those, but I hesitate to suggest them.

They just want to take the tired, lazy people back to their cars for 20 bucks.

We did that once. One of them caught my wife a few years back, and she said "sure!", thinking he was offering us a favor. Maybe 200 feet later he wanted $20, and asked for a tip on top of that. For a ride across Lot M!

Never again.

They line up outside every gate, waiting. But I never thought of them as real cabs though. Do they even go into downtown?

EddieMac
09-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Yup....we saw them running people all the way to downtown when we walked last year after the game.

Def a rip for lazy people but an option to walking.

JWinn
09-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Yup....we saw them running people all the way to downtown when we walked last year after the game.

Def a rip for lazy people but an option to walking.

Oh, well, that kinda changes things in my mind.

I might consider using one of those if I just had to go to a hotel downtown. Depends on the price.

Didn't think to ask the guy if he/they went further. I just assumed they were to get fans back to cars, and nothing more than that. I knew he wasn't gonna ride me all the way to Franktown.

My mistake! That might be a great option into downtown after a game. Definitely worth at least asking them about it.

JWinn
10-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Just bumping back to the first page rather than link it again.

aceofspadeskb
10-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks for this great info! I noticed on the parking page you link to that it says "A limited number of single-game spaces are sold on a first-come, first-served basis ($30-$20 cash only)." Does anyone know which lot these are in? It would be nice to know where I'm going before I get there.

Can't wait! I've been cheering on the Broncos for 28 years and this will be my first game in person!

JWinn
10-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks for this great info! I noticed on the parking page you link to that it says "A limited number of single-game spaces are sold on a first-come, first-served basis ($30-$20 cash only)." Does anyone know which lot these are in? It would be nice to know where I'm going before I get there.

Can't wait! I've been cheering on the Broncos for 28 years and this will be my first game in person!

Definitely Lot M.

The people in that lot buy one spot, and take two or three for tables and stuff. BE EARLY!!!

On the south side of the stadium, on the other side of the overpass.

aceofspadeskb
10-14-2014, 06:09 AM
Definitely Lot M.

The people in that lot buy one spot, and take two or three for tables and stuff. BE EARLY!!!

On the south side of the stadium, on the other side of the overpass.

Thanks for the info JWinn! We're planning on being there when the lots open, 5 hours ahead of kickoff.

freaky
10-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Are the satellite lots by the Pepsi center that far of a walk? Just wondering if that's the best option. The wife and I will be there Thursday night!!!! I can't wait!

JWinn
10-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Are the satellite lots by the Pepsi center that far of a walk? Just wondering if that's the best option. The wife and I will be there Thursday night!!!! I can't wait!

Never parked there for a Bronco game, but have actually walked most of the distance.

It's only about a mile, I think, maybe a little less. Just all on concrete, and you'll be walking slightly uphill into the sun going in. Except for when you cross under the highway of course.

Have fun!

Manning's girl
10-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi! Thanks so much for sharing this great info! My husband and I will be travelling from Northeastern PA to Denver to see our first home game on 11/23! We have our tickets, but did not book a place to stay yet. I wondered if you could recommend anyplace to us. Are there hotels within close walking distance? Also wondering what we might expect in terms of weather and what to wear (orange and blue of course).:peace:

Any thougths on if/when we could get autographs? This may be our one and only trip to Denver - so we want to get as much Broncos in as possible! Anything else that anyone could offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks much!

JWinn
10-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Hi! Thanks so much for sharing this great info! My husband and I will be travelling from Northeastern PA to Denver to see our first home game on 11/23! We have our tickets, but did not book a place to stay yet. I wondered if you could recommend anyplace to us. Are there hotels within close walking distance? Also wondering what we might expect in terms of weather and what to wear (orange and blue of course).:peace:

Any thougths on if/when we could get autographs? This may be our one and only trip to Denver - so we want to get as much Broncos in as possible! Anything else that anyone could offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks much!

Welcome Manning's girl!

Lets talk autographs first. Yeah, you can try to get player autographs (current players), but only before and after games as they go from the lots & stadium. There's a huge crowd vying for ink before the game, on the south side of the stadium, and pretty good size afterwards.

You need to be in a good spot, and be lucky. That's not something I try, so have very little advice on how to go about it.

Late November will probably require a heavy jacket, but you just never know until that day what the weather will be here. The week leading up to that game, we'll know more there.

As for where to stay. Again, not too much help, sorry. Living here, I just don't use the hotel very often. However, I know the VQ is right next to the stadium, and if your on foot, that's obviously a close place. Downtown is pretty close, and full of hotels from Ramada Inn to a Westin. I have to figure most of them have ideas for game day transportation, if specific suggestions.

One place you can get autographs is in the Mile High Mountain Village, inside the stadium on the north concourse. This is open to anyone with a ticket, and they will have a few cheerleaders and alumni sign.

MIght not be Peyton, but Billy Thompson or Steve Foley is very likely.

Here's the scoop on the Village;

http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/tailgating.html

Second paragraph down.

Hope that helps!

Manning's girl
10-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Hi Jwinn! Thanks much! Any other recommendations for things to do (or not do lol) places to eat,etc? We're flying in on Thursday night and heading back east Monday afternoon. I really appreciate your help. Can be tough navigating an unfamiliar place sometimes.

JWinn
10-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Jwinn! Thanks much! Any other recommendations for things to do (or not do lol) places to eat,etc? We're flying in on Thursday night and heading back east Monday afternoon. I really appreciate your help. Can be tough navigating an unfamiliar place sometimes.

Before it's posted.

One place you should really avoid, unless you have small children (10 & under), is Casa Bonita.

It's a landmark in Denver, and it IS a pretty cool place for kids, but it's not very good food. Almost any other mexican restaurant, with the exception of chains, will be a better option. The smaller places are better for Mexican food in Denver. And we have a ton of great authentic Mexican places.

Be careful though. Like anywhere, if it looks bad…...

Are you on foot, close to downtown (the stadium), or renting a car?

TennesseeBronc
10-26-2014, 02:29 PM
The first Bronco game I watched was in Atlanta Fulton County stadium on September 22 1985. It was a fun game,the Broncos smoked the Falcons 44-28.

dwarethevonster
11-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Hi JWinn! Seems like you're the ambassador for the newbies. Much appreciated!

Long time Broncos fan making my first trip to Denver for the 12/7 game against the Bills. SOoo excited for the opportunity to watch a game amidst a sea of orange vs. being the lone orange (or blue) island in a hostile stadium. I've got two boys raised in orange and a loving wife who tolerates our craziness. All are making the trip and we want to make the most of it. I'm hoping you or someone else can help with a couple of questions

1) We definitely want the full game day experience and are hoping to join a tailgate somewhere. Where would you suggest we look? I'd be more than happy to contribute ($).

2) Staying in a downtown hotel. What's the best way to get to and from the stadium? light rail?

3) First trip to Denver. Other than the Broncos game, what is a 'must see' for a family from the east coast? We have some time to potentially site-see on Saturday.

Thanks for the help.

JWinn
11-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Hi JWinn! Seems like you're the ambassador for the newbies. Much appreciated!

Long time Broncos fan making my first trip to Denver for the 12/7 game against the Bills. SOoo excited for the opportunity to watch a game amidst a sea of orange vs. being the lone orange (or blue) island in a hostile stadium. I've got two boys raised in orange and a loving wife who tolerates our craziness. All are making the trip and we want to make the most of it. I'm hoping you or someone else can help with a couple of questions

1) We definitely want the full game day experience and are hoping to join a tailgate somewhere. Where would you suggest we look? I'd be more than happy to contribute ($).

2) Staying in a downtown hotel. What's the best way to get to and from the stadium? light rail?

3) First trip to Denver. Other than the Broncos game, what is a 'must see' for a family from the east coast? We have some time to potentially site-see on Saturday.

Thanks for the help.

:salute: No problem, dware!

Your family should start at the SOUTH end of the stadium. There's a huge party on that end thats right on the edge of the bulk of the tailgating. As you look uphill, to the West, you'll see all the RV's in lot C, and more tailgate parties all thru the lots on the stadiums West side.

If your standing on the walkway in front of the store, looking out over it all, you'll have several choices of where to go. Lots of family friendly stuff. As the first post indicated though, your participation in other's tailgating is mostly dependent on you. ;)

As to how to get there from Downtown. Really I would suggest you ask your hotel for the best option. Be it a cab or a shuttle of some kind, or the rail if it's worth it. The stadium is very close to downtown, and it might take longer to use the rail system than just take a cab.

What to see in Denver? Hmmmmm…. lol

It really depends on what your family likes to do. The mountains are the first thing I usually suggest, as they are really our big "must see" feature. Pikes peak, Buffalo Bills Grave, that kind of stuff. But the mountains, just about anything there, is a full day trip.

As your doing something more for YOU on Sunday, :thumb:, maybe a shopping trip on Saturday for HER would make the trip complete, lol.

Cherry Creek shopping center is not far from Downtown. A day there on Saturday, followed by dinner at Elways to get you guys really ready for Sunday might do nicely.

But that could be a very expensive day, to put it mildly.

Hope that helps!

LeslieC
11-13-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi! Another Broncos fan coming to see them play on Sunday November 23 and to say I am stoked is putting it midly! Coming from Canada! And my very lovely brother bought me tickets for my birthday (even though he is a Giant's fan so that is a great gift!)
Saw the tailgating info and the autograph info. Can you clarify for me exactly where to go/stand? And the best time to do so?
Also - could you recommend a nice restaurant for Sunday night after the game?
And finally doing the stadium tour on Monday - anything else Bronco we should do?
Thanks so much!
Looking forward to buying a few more Bronco items even though I am fully kitted out.

dwarethevonster
11-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback, JWinn. Start at the South end and find adventure from there. I'm sure we can make that work.

As for the sights... I am renting a car so a trip to the mountains is a possibility. I know it's too early for forecasts but generally how's the weather in early DEC?

Got to have dinner at Elway's one night :thumb:

JWinn
11-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Hi! Another Broncos fan coming to see them play on Sunday November 23 and to say I am stoked is putting it midly! Coming from Canada! And my very lovely brother bought me tickets for my birthday (even though he is a Giant's fan so that is a great gift!)
Saw the tailgating info and the autograph info. Can you clarify for me exactly where to go/stand? And the best time to do so?
Also - could you recommend a nice restaurant for Sunday night after the game?
And finally doing the stadium tour on Monday - anything else Bronco we should do?
Thanks so much!
Looking forward to buying a few more Bronco items even though I am fully kitted out.

As I posted before, Elway's is a great place to dine. It IS expensive, but worth it. I've seen players go there after the games.

However, that's not the place to ask for an autograph.

Where to stand? For autos?

Well, in the Mile High Village thing, there will be a table with signs, and they will form a line right there. Ask any of the attendants there if you can't find it, but it should be right there, easy to find.

For the current players, I don't know if I can help any more than what I originally posted. They line up along the path the players use to their parking lot, and that's where all that happens. As to where exactly to stand, I have no idea, sorry.

If you guys want to find something Broncos that's not really a shirt, or the usual stuff they sell at the stadium, maybe something more collectible, a signed ball or something, you might want to go down to Bills Sportcards in Broadway. It's a store that has far, FAR more than just sports cards.

You could pick up a signed Craig Morton jersey, or something else vintage like that.

The place is like a museum. Except you can touch and take it all & take it home, lol.

Somewhere I always just enjoy being in, even if I am not buying anything.

JWinn
11-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback, JWinn. Start at the South end and find adventure from there. I'm sure we can make that work.

As for the sights... I am renting a car so a trip to the mountains is a possibility. I know it's too early for forecasts but generally how's the weather in early DEC?

Got to have dinner at Elway's one night :thumb:

The car makes it all closer. You options are limitless.

Yeah, I like to suggest you start on the South end. If you go to the team store, you'll see as you walk out, the big party on your left, and the parking tailgaters on your right. The parking swings around the West side to the North, where the Mile HIgh Village is inside the stadium. Tents, Rv's everywhere.

But there just seems to be so much more partying on the South. More organized stuff as well as bigger and more organized tailgates.

Have fun!

dwarethevonster
12-01-2014, 01:08 PM
With my first trip fast approaching I had another question about what you take into the stadium. I assume you can bring cameras but hoping someone can confirm. Also, a couple of my family members are Gluten-free. Can they bring in some food? Are there food vendors inside that can accommodate dietary stuff like GF?

Weather is looking good for Sunday! Go Broncos :logo:

JWinn
12-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Yep! You can bring in a camera.

Just nothing "professional" looking. No giant lenses, or big movie cameras. I take my little camera every game, and my larger old Nikon once in a while. No problem.

In todays world where a phone is a camera, that's what most people have anyway. Almost everyone that asks me to take pictures of them out on the patio hand me a phone. Don't see too many actual cameras today. lol

I called and asked about food. You CAN bring in food, it just has to be in the clear bag like everything else.

I am told if I wanted to, I could actually stop at McDonalds (an example) and as long as I can show what it is, and it's not like a buffet feast, lol, there should be no problem. Just take it out of the paper sack, and clear bag it.

He wasn't sure about GF, and I honestly don't know myself, but we think there are a few options. I seem to recall a little GF on a few menu items at some of the various kiosks. Like a little chile logo on spicy items at mexican places.

You'll be turned back if you have a huge 10 pound zoom lens, and a 10 pound turkey to match, haha, but a small bag of food and a normal camera, and you should be just fine.

Have fun!

Big Olivier
12-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone.

I used to post on this message board often - then 8 years ago we had our first kid. Three kids later, and here I am looking forward to a weekend away from them and creating a new username to get some tips.

Like so many others, headed into Denver for my first Broncos game. Been a fan since I little boy seeing them get crushed by the 49ers... heart went out to them - what can I say?

Anyways, flying in on Saturday and I have a few questions - first, where should be go on Saturday night to soak up the pre-game atmosphere? Not into fancy restaurants - this is my brother and I's pilgrimage for his 40th birthday - we like microbrews, pubs, that sort of stuff. We are staying at the Residence Inn on Zunni Street - from what I understand a stumble from the stadium.

Also, assuming we can still walk after the game, where do we go to watch the night game? Assuming we can take this one, that will be a hell of a fun game to watch. Whether it's the Pats or the Chargers that go down, this should mean good things.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty excited.....

bronx_2003
12-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone.

I used to post on this message board often - then 8 years ago we had our first kid. Three kids later, and here I am looking forward to a weekend away from them and creating a new username to get some tips.

Like so many others, headed into Denver for my first Broncos game. Been a fan since I little boy seeing them get crushed by the 49ers... heart went out to them - what can I say?

Anyways, flying in on Saturday and I have a few questions - first, where should be go on Saturday night to soak up the pre-game atmosphere? Not into fancy restaurants - this is my brother and I's pilgrimage for his 40th birthday - we like microbrews, pubs, that sort of stuff. We are staying at the Residence Inn on Zunni Street - from what I understand a stumble from the stadium.

Also, assuming we can still walk after the game, where do we go to watch the night game? Assuming we can take this one, that will be a hell of a fun game to watch. Whether it's the Pats or the Chargers that go down, this should mean good things.....

Pretty excited.....

When I've been there are 2 places I love eating at -

http://www.williegs.com/ ..... 1585 Lawrence St, Denver

http://www.gomongo.com/ ............ 1620 Wazee St, Denver

86Elwayfan
12-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone.

Pretty excited.....

Hey there Olivier! You are staying really close to the Highlands area which is kind of the hip new spot in Denver right now. For food on Saturday there is a place called Highland Tap and Burger about .5 miles (10 minute walk) from where you are that is awesome great burgers and beer selection! Here is a link to their site http://highlandtapdenver.com/

For Micro Breweries around you HogsHead is really close and they have great beer. Here is their site http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/ I think they will be about 1.7 miles or so from your hotel (super cheap cab ride) Or a short walk.

Oh one more thing you are literally right next to one of My favorite Mexican Restaurants in Denver La Loma. They make their own tortillas and I have never had bad food there. It should take you less than 5 minutes to walk to it. If you want to experience good Colorado Mexican food I cant recommend it highly enough.

I don't know of any Saturday that does a broncos party per say. Sorry about that!

Hope this helps!

Big Olivier
12-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Hey there Olivier! You are staying really close to the Highlands area which is kind of the hip new spot in Denver right now. For food on Saturday there is a place called Highland Tap and Burger about .5 miles (10 minute walk) from where you are that is awesome great burgers and beer selection! Here is a link to their site http://highlandtapdenver.com/

For Micro Breweries around you HogsHead is really close and they have great beer. Here is their site http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/ I think they will be about 1.7 miles or so from your hotel (super cheap cab ride) Or a short walk.

Oh one more thing you are literally right next to one of My favorite Mexican Restaurants in Denver La Loma. They make their own tortillas and I have never had bad food there. It should take you less than 5 minutes to walk to it. If you want to experience good Colorado Mexican food I cant recommend it highly enough.

I don't know of any Saturday that does a broncos party per say. Sorry about that!

Hope this helps!

Fantastic. Thank you so much for the help.
I've been searching around online and had noticed Highland Tap and was definitely planning on heading there. Also found Amato's Ale House and Denver Beer Company which seemed nearby. Also a little place called the Monkey Barrel Bar which seemed to have a cool concept going. Any opinions on any of those places?

We'll definitely check out La Loma - had noticed it on the map but couldn't find too many details.

Is it worth us walking over to 16th Street Mall or is that just alot of trouble for nothing? I do know it would take a good 40 minutes to walk there or from what I understand a quick cab ride.

Thanks again for the help!

Oli

86Elwayfan
12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Fantastic. Thank you so much for the help.
I've been searching around online and had noticed Highland Tap and was definitely planning on heading there. Also found Amato's Ale House and Denver Beer Company which seemed nearby. Also a little place called the Monkey Barrel Bar which seemed to have a cool concept going. Any opinions on any of those places?

We'll definitely check out La Loma - had noticed it on the map but couldn't find too many details.

Is it worth us walking over to 16th Street Mall or is that just alot of trouble for nothing? I do know it would take a good 40 minutes to walk there or from what I understand a quick cab ride.

Thanks again for the help!

Oli

So the Ale house has a fantastic beer selection and I have heard good things about the Denver Beer Company but have never been. Can't say one way or the other on Monkey Barrel as that is the first i had heard about it. Lots of places in the Highlands are pretty new...

As for 16th St. I would say its pretty cool at night this time of year, but nothing spectacular. Mostly just shops and restaurants. If you do decide to go that way the Mellow Mushroom makes some pretty fantastic pizza and has 40 some beers on tap. (colorado is one of the microbrew capitals of the world) I would definitely recommend a cab though. Again shouldn't cost you much more than 10-15 bucks each way.

Big Olivier
12-03-2014, 03:27 PM
So the Ale house has a fantastic beer selection and I have heard good things about the Denver Beer Company but have never been. Can't say one way or the other on Monkey Barrel as that is the first i had heard about it. Lots of places in the Highlands are pretty new...

As for 16th St. I would say its pretty cool at night this time of year, but nothing spectacular. Mostly just shops and restaurants. If you do decide to go that way the Mellow Mushroom makes some pretty fantastic pizza and has 40 some beers on tap. (colorado is one of the microbrew capitals of the world) I would definitely recommend a cab though. Again shouldn't cost you much more than 10-15 bucks each way.

Awesome. I'm not sure how I'll concentrate on work the next few days. I might be a bit of a slacker.

One more question and I'll leave you alone - on game day, is the best plan to head into the tailgating (I read higher up that it's worth swinging around to the south side if so....) or head into the stadium and go to a place like the Tavern and watch the early games? If we're lucky, we could see Johnny Football get mauled by the Colts.

My previous tailgating experience is in Buffalo and they can get pretty wild of course - not sure how Denver compares.

Thanks again for the help. It's less intimidating to head into a city you don't know when you've had a few tips from from the locals. Can't believe I get to watch my Broncos live and in person..... we're in the 4th row of the 500 section at the 45 yard line... should be an awesome perspective to see the professor at work.

86Elwayfan
12-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Awesome. I'm not sure how I'll concentrate on work the next few days. I might be a bit of a slacker.

One more question and I'll leave you alone - on game day, is the best plan to head into the tailgating (I read higher up that it's worth swinging around to the south side if so....) or head into the stadium and go to a place like the Tavern and watch the early games? If we're lucky, we could see Johnny Football get mauled by the Colts.

My previous tailgating experience is in Buffalo and they can get pretty wild of course - not sure how Denver compares.

Thanks again for the help. It's less intimidating to head into a city you don't know when you've had a few tips from from the locals. Can't believe I get to watch my Broncos live and in person..... we're in the 4th row of the 500 section at the 45 yard line... should be an awesome perspective to see the professor at work.

So I think what JWinn was referring to was the Large tent directly south of the stadium, I have never been in but I hear its pretty awesome and reasonable as far as prices go on food/beer. They have a large inflatable screen that i think uses redzone?? But I am not sure. There is also an in stadium "pregame" in the mountain village that opens at 10:30. That is entirely new this year so I am clueless on it other than it's called the mountain village. http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com/stadium-information/gameday/pre-game-activities

JWinn
12-03-2014, 11:52 PM
There's no giant tent this year, but yeah, the South end still has all the pre game festivities as always.

All around the players lot, which is almost in the middle of the South end. Up the hill to the West is Lot C with all the RV's, and on the other side is the giant TV the looks like it pops up from the back of a semi. This is where the "festival" happens. Lots of booth/tents,and thousands of people there with three hours to go.

And yup, both the Tavern and the Mile High Mtn Village are inside.

Really, it's a matter of taste, what you want to do as to which is best.

Just know that once in the stadium, you can't go back out and re-enter. So I would at the very least check out the party on the South end before I go in.

Means a little extra walking around maybe, but not that much.

gman59
12-05-2014, 11:42 AM
My first time back in years. Thanks for the info. Hey, am I allowed to bring my grand kids blue and orange foam football to hang down the tunnel with a pen for autographs?

JWinn
12-05-2014, 12:24 PM
My first time back in years. Thanks for the info. Hey, am I allowed to bring my grand kids blue and orange foam football to hang down the tunnel with a pen for autographs?

This is a decision I think left up to individual gate attendants.

Footballs are one of the prohibited items. They don't want people throwing balls around other than those on the field. (Beachballs mostly)

However, they sell balls in the stadium, and I see people with signed balls pretty regularly in the auto lines. Balls they brought in with them that were signed before as well as balls still in boxes.

An unsigned nerfball. Not sure if they will let you bring that in. You'll have to convince they attendant that you just want ink on it, and your not brining it in to throw it at Kyle Orton, lol.

Tell him or her your plan is to take it to the ALUMNI table for autos, and maybe they will let you take it in.

But be prepared to have to leave it behind. Put it back in the car. Something like that.

About ten years ago I bought my son a little Jr Broncos set. A jersey and helmet set sold right there in the stadium store. We got it, the helmet, signed by Miles, and he decided to wear it to games as long as he could ( He grew out of it pretty fast, lol.)

The very next game, the temporary kid working the gate refuses to let him in with the helmet. It's a "potential weapon", we were told. We start to object when a Guest Relations person comes over, and lets us pass, as it's obvious we are not going to use a signed item as a weapon.

She made an on the spot decision based on the situation, rather than just followed the letter of the rules.

It's obvious to me this goes on every game. As I said, I see people with signed "prohibited items' in line all the time.

Good luck!

86Elwayfan
12-05-2014, 12:48 PM

I actually saw this exact thing last game. If the ball is unsigned they will not allow you to bring it in. The attendant took one away from a 6 year old when i was in line. I don't knwo about signed items but I would recommend you purchase one onsite after entering the stadium to avoid having it confiscated.

Broncos423
12-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Well, after a couple of years of trying (And having sick family members or new babies), I'm finally getting my bleeds blue and orange mother in law to the Raiders game. Life long fan (seriously, she remembers important dates in my wife's life by what the Broncos were doing that year) that has never been. Of course, that makes my wife and by extension my daughters pretty huge fans too. Pretty excited. Have her, my wife, our 4 year old and our 1 year old heading up.

I want it to all go smoothly -- I don't have a parking pass, and my MIL had knee surgery recently, so am looking for train/bus or close in parking. Also, are blankets ok? It's going to be cold, and we'll have the 4 year old bundled up, but a blanket is always a big help. We'll probably do the clear bag thing and bring some food for the kids and for us so that we're not always cycling into lines. Are hand warmers and that type of stuff ok?

We'll be playing it by ear and will probably wander around some, maybe find a tailgate. Thanks for the advice on the autographs and I know my MIL will love the alumni area since she loves lots of those alumni players.

Any other tips or thoughts would be appreciated!

Go broncos!!!

JWinn
12-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi 423!

Yup, you can bring in hand and foot warmers. No problem. Same with blankets. Just have to be able to show all that stuff at the gate. They might make you shake out the blanket to prove there's no weapon hidden in there, but that's about it.

Definitely want something for the little one though. It IS looking like it will be a cold game.

As for parking without a pass….. As has been posted, one can always find a lot that takes cash. The thing is though, you need to be very early to get one. I see the big signs on the highway, about 3 and half hours before kickoff, already proclaiming the cash lots "sold out".

And it seems like it the last several games. I am almost always able to get the same spot in lot J, but lately when I arrive, still very early, it's already full of tailgaters and a lot of the choice spots are already gone.

Just be early, and you should be able to pay cash at almost any lot.

I am told J is a "VIP - pass only" lot, but I see people pay cash to park there, so……..

Good luck and have fun!

Broncos423
12-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi 423!

Yup, you can bring in hand and foot warmers. No problem. Same with blankets. Just have to be able to show all that stuff at the gate. They might make you shake out the blanket to prove there's no weapon hidden in there, but that's about it.

Definitely want something for the little one though. It IS looking like it will be a cold game.

As for parking without a pass….. As has been posted, one can always find a lot that takes cash. The thing is though, you need to be very early to get one. I see the big signs on the highway, about 3 and half hours before kickoff, already proclaiming the cash lots "sold out".

And it seems like it the last several games. I am almost always able to get the same spot in lot J, but lately when I arrive, still very early, it's already full of tailgaters and a lot of the choice spots are already gone.

Just be early, and you should be able to pay cash at almost any lot.

I am told J is a "VIP - pass only" lot, but I see people pay cash to park there, so……..

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks. Can't wait! Go Broncs!

Broncos423
12-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Where the best place to get properly sized clear tote bags? Not quite fitting into the gallon bags with all theinfant stuff.... Dick's?

JWinn
12-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Where the best place to get properly sized clear tote bags? Not quite fitting into the gallon bags with all theinfant stuff.... Dick's?

Either there or Sports Authority. Or at the stadium store itself if you can't find one anywhere else.

There's several different ones I see these days. The ladies all have pretty fancy, multi-pockets ones (with logo & all). One of those might be nice with baby stuff.

You might even find one at a local grocery in their little Bronco section. I swear I've seen them there at times. No promises though.

BroncoFansWife
09-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Just posting here for any additional insight for anything that may have changed from last season until this season? I'm a first timer coming in from North Dakota... My hubs is a lifelong Broncos fan and this is his first time coming to mile high, so we're especially excited and plan on making the most of it! To add to the fun, our Vikings fan friends are coming with, so it'll make for a fun rivalry!

We're staying in the Cherry Creek area and hoping to take the light rail early on Sunday to tailgate first. SO EXCITED!

Thanks Jwinn for all the useful information!

FlowdaBroncoFan
08-18-2016, 07:00 AM
I posted a thread asking for information for a very important anniversary trip for me and my wife. Does anyone know why it would have been deleted? I just figured I would ask the people who know the area places to go and things to do, but my post was deleted.

NickTranOwnz
08-01-2017, 10:21 AM
The stars aligned and I got a half price ticket (corner end zone 13th row!!!) for the Giants game. I'll be going solo.

What are my best chances at meeting players / getting autographs/pictures? I heard you can watch them enter the stadium at the Southwest Tunnel -- about how long before kickoff do they entire the stadium? What about post-game--same tunnel?

Thanks all!

Ragamuffin
12-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Greetings.
Myself and family will be in Denver for New years and see The Broncos are playing The Chiefs on the 31st.
Having never been to a Football game before or one at a holiday my question is will this be a family friendly occasion? Also should we buy tickets ahead of time or will there be tickets available on the day from the stadium?
Thanks for any advice.