PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating During Game

sbtrevino
10-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Looking for some advice from seasoned tailgaters. I will be tailgating with a fairly large group this Sunday for the Niners game, and several people do not have tickets to the game. They were hoping to stick around at the tailgate and watch the game on the TV. Doesn't sound like a big deal but the Rules and Regulations say "All tailgate parties must conclude 30 minutes prior to kickoff." Can anyone please share their experience with this rule? Is it actually enforced. Will anyone give us any trouble if some people stick around and watch the game from the parking lot? We will be in Lot i.

Thanks and Go Broncos!

JWinn
10-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Never read that rule. Of course, I am not a tailgater, so…..

However, I go out for a smoke in a spot overlooking lot C, and I see people out there watching the game on the screens they have attached to their rigs.

I guess I don't see them "Partying", like before the games, but there's still people there.

:logo:

sbtrevino
10-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Never read that rule. Of course, I am not a tailgater, so…..

However, I go out for a smoke in a spot overlooking lot C, and I see people out there watching the game on the screens they have attached to their rigs.

I guess I don't see them "Partying", like before the games, but there's still people there.

Thanks, that is helpful. I figured this the case, but I have never really seen the parking lots during the game so I wasn't sure.

JWinn
10-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks, that is helpful. I figured this the case, but I have never really seen the parking lots during the game so I wasn't sure.

Couldn't have been THAT helpful! :laugh:

But yeah, I do see people out there, even into the third and fourth quarters. Sitting there watching their TV's, waiting for the rest of their groups obviously inside.

I tell ya also, some of the rigs out there. The money some of those people spend, just to tailgate at Bronco games --- I would not just walk away from it all for three or four hours without knowing someone I trust is there keeping an eye on it all.

Maybe if I could lock it all up, but I see screens on the sides of busses, table, chairs, whole sets ups -- and all still there when the crowd is leaving after games. Clearly someone stayed with that stuff the whole time.

I would be shocked if someone told you you had to leave the lots during the game.

Ask another, older lot attendant before you leave.

JasonPearl
10-20-2014, 12:36 AM
A buddy & I will be walking to the Stadium from our hotel & want to participate in some pre-game tailgating... Would love to hang with the locals rather then a team organized pre-game party. What should we expect? If we walk through parking lots are fans pretty friendly & likely to invite us to join them? Should we bring beer with us or if we have cash are people open to sharing beer/food?

JWinn
10-20-2014, 12:08 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?232580-First-Broncos-Home-Game-Start-here-for-information

That's the thread your looking for.

Have fun!

westside Bronco
10-20-2014, 03:57 PM
A buddy & I will be walking to the Stadium from our hotel & want to participate in some pre-game tailgating... Would love to hang with the locals rather then a team organized pre-game party. What should we expect? If we walk through parking lots are fans pretty friendly & likely to invite us to join them? Should we bring beer with us or if we have cash are people open to sharing beer/food?

I know when I am in the tailgate lots I usually get free beer, but that's me and I am just an all round great guy.

I will try it out in San Fran. and see what happens. Probably different.:eek:

falfa11
10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Hello we were in town for the Pearl Jam concert last night and have stayed for the football game. Does anyone have room at their tailgate for us. We are buffalo bills fans and love the game of football and it will be nice to see a winner for a change.... let us know we could throw in for beer and food

westside Bronco
10-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Hey Bills Fans!

Check out www.tailgatingtravels.com for some great info.

I hear they even welcome Bills Fans.