PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 13: 2014 The Broncos vs the Chiefs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Elway
11-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Greetings to Week 13 Bronco Fans.

We are coming off a tough Win vs Miami. First half we played awful, missed a FG, Muffed punt and some Peyton overthrows . D though got angry and started balling that game. We had to score 22 points in the 4th quarter, but we did what we had to and got the "W"

Now we have a much harder task, to win in Arrowhead in a primetime. KC will be fired up trying to defeat a division rival at home, to make a push for 1st place in the West and to win it for Eric Berry.
While I admire the team rallying to support him, it doesn't mean I want to see them Win.

We beat the Chiefs last year in our 12th game match up (35-28) , so we can do it again. Of course Peyton threw 4 TD to Decker last year in that epic match. We also needed Mike Adams to bat the ball away on 4th down in the end zone as KC was driving to seal the victory.

So how do we do in week 12 matchups? Well in the last 10 years we went 5-5, Winning 4 times on the road and 1 at home. Of the 5 losses - 4 were away and 1 was at home.
So Basically the NFL has sent us on the road 8 out 10 times in Week 13 of the season, once to Oak, once to SD and this will be the 5th time since 2005 they have sent us to KC this same week. :eek:

Last week the run game was much better with 201 yards last week on 35 attempts, but it was frustrating to see early on when we were doing to almost try and prove a point at the cost of not passing and risk losing the game. Luckily that did not happen. Sanders made some great catches, Welker got a TD and DT was productive as usual. Julius was sideline, but Virgil Greens blocking was much needed.

The shuffled O-line needs to protect better, it seems like if it in not Franklin having issues it has been Vasquez and Ramirez. KC has some great pass rushers.

Run D needs to step up this game Charles is one of the best and KC is 6-0 when he scores a TD. KC loves ball control, they tried to keep us off the field in the second half of our week 2 matchup and almost won the game. Our pass rush needs to step up as well, the sacks seem to be falling off.
A win games us a 2 game lead and he tie breaker over KC with 4 games to go. KCs receivers are more there to be run blockers for Charles than to make big plays downfield. KC passes for less than 200 yards and game, Denver over 310. Denver only rushed for 100 yards a game, KC 137 a game.
Alex Smith has hit TE KEcle for 4 TDs this year, Anthony Fasano for 3 and Charles for 3. Charles also has 8 rushing TD to Kniles Davis 5.

Going to be a great game, hopefully Green Bay put a beating on NE earlier.

As always please watch watch what you post. The Mods do a great job here, but would like to watch the game as well, so please watch what you post, respect others, follow the COC and report any violations.

PS - Thankfully McManus is gone, lets see if Barth does any better.

Mod edit: PPS - Don't forget while you're posting in this thread, you can also join us in the chat room HERE (http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/game/2014/regular13/in.html)

Good luck as always and GO BRONCOS! :logo:

JayJack
11-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Broncos GOOOOO!!!!!

MarkB
11-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!

AZ Snake Fan
11-30-2014, 12:16 AM

Broncos Win !!!

Canmore
11-30-2014, 02:12 AM

Broncos Win !!!

Of course! GO BRONCOS!!!

100%Broncoholic
11-30-2014, 05:46 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1117/nfl_g_smith_gb1_576x324.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

bronco30
11-30-2014, 07:48 AM
hopefully after tonight we are in firm control of the division esp. if ravens beat SD will have 2 game lead w/ 4 games left...

we must contain Charles in both the run n pass game n not their TE kelce go crazy on us either...need to be real good on 3rd on both sides of the ball...

Jaws
11-30-2014, 07:52 AM
I like the number 13 - so meeting the Chiefs in this week can only be a good thing! GO BRONCOS!

broncoslover115
11-30-2014, 08:19 AM
I hope our defense gets back to playing like they were in the first half of the season. Actually I hope our entire team plays like they were in the games against SD, ARI, SF and MIA. It seems like ever since the loss to NE, we've gone into sputtering mode. Come on guys, get back to playing some great football.

2 Minute Warning
11-30-2014, 09:27 AM
We need to have all our i's dotted and t's crossed today, GO DENVER!!!!:logo:

broncoslover115
11-30-2014, 09:32 AM
We need to have all our i's dotted and t's crossed today, GO DENVER!!!!:logo:

Sounds like we're signing contracts!
Ah, can this game determine future contracts you ask?

:laugh:

Broncoholic JS
11-30-2014, 09:50 AM
How about we start off fast today?

Please!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

qbronco
11-30-2014, 10:05 AM
How about we start off fast today?

Please!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

What? No love for the 4th quarter come from behind heart-stopping, insanity-provoking, gray hair-inducing brand of football known as the Denver Broncos? :)

brianfrommissou
11-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Just 2 weeks a season I root against Denver, and this happens to be one of them. With that said, heres hoping for a good game with NO INJURIES for either team:beer:

CNETT324
11-30-2014, 10:09 AM
A Bronco win would finish off a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend ! Go Broncos!!

80stheman
11-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Huge game tonight with fairly large implications. KC is essentially one-dimensional. Shut down their run game, and chances are good we win. Sounds easier than it probably will be. I'm not sure we have the linebackers to completely shut down Charles.

Here's hoping that our new found success running the ball with CJ continues tonight! We will need him....

GO BRONCOS!

Nuts4koi
11-30-2014, 12:54 PM
We got this! GO BRONCOS!!!!

biglenny
11-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Let's go BRONCOS!!!

Sweep the cheifs!!

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Go Broncos!!!!!!

Beat them Chefs.......

Broncoboy6
11-30-2014, 01:56 PM
KC is essentially one-dimensional.

Do you really believe that?. I don't think that they're one dimensional, but, I think that our defense will give them troubles.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

coltsman451
11-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Anyone have Luck on their fantasy team today? :D

Jaws
11-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Let's go BRONCOS!!!

Sweep the cheifs!!

And then we can celebrate with double whisky! :D

Nuts4koi
11-30-2014, 02:10 PM
And then we can celebrate with double whisky! :D

Make that a good Scotch and I'll join ya.

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Dumervil is blundering for the Ravens

He's gonna help give SD a win here if he's not careful

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 02:20 PM
And the officials hand SD a win in Baltimore

Horrible officiating

One bad call - entire game ruined

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 02:22 PM
SD gets lucky again....

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Do you really believe that?. I don't think that they're one dimensional, but, I think that our defense will give them troubles.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

Yes, I do believe that. Their receivers don't scare anybody. Their TE can be dangerous at times, however.

Jaws
11-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Make that a good Scotch and I'll join ya.

:beer: <--- no whisky smiley ;)

Broncos-R-Great
11-30-2014, 02:33 PM
SD winning makes tonight's game even bigger.

Baltimore let them hang around all game and that's what happens

coltsman451
11-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Go Pack Go!

biglenny
11-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Yes yes long time no whisky with jawsy! Sounds like a plan!!

VADER72
11-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Tonight is the time when we flip the switch and show we are dominance the rest of the way. Watch out AFC.

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Rogers has looked mediocre against the Patriots. New England has a way of doing that. Despite dominant time of possession, every penalty going their way...the Packers are only up 6-0.

Broncos-R-Great
11-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Packers don't take advantage of a slow Patriots start

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Their running game has looked pretty effective. They should heavily lean on it for another quarter before throwing it all over the yard

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 03:00 PM
My heart says Broncos 35 Chiefs 13, but my head says Chiefs 28 Broncos 17.

I'm going with the blood pumping organ on this one...

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 03:04 PM
The only way I see the Chiefs win this is because their backs are against the wall. This is the Chiefs first single elimination game of the season - they might play with more urgency than Denver because of that. That is the single most impactful element that I could see help decide this one for KC.

If KC doesn't come out looking like a team desperate for a W, they will NOT win it.

Anyone know what the weather is looking like?

Freyaka
11-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Packers don't take advantage of a slow Patriots start

Looking good so far up 13-zilcharooni

Freyaka
11-30-2014, 03:12 PM
The only way I see the Chiefs win this is because their backs are against the wall. This is the Chiefs first single elimination game of the season - they might play with more urgency than Denver because of that. That is the single most impactful element that I could see help decide this one for KC.

If KC doesn't come out looking like a team desperate for a W, they will NOT win it.

Anyone know what the weather is looking like?

It's a division game. Our rivals play hard even when we are the superior team. Add to that the fact that we always play down to the level of our opponents and we are historically bad at Arrowhead and I'm not ready to count a win as a sure thing. I think it's likely but I'm nervous.

Broncos-R-Great
11-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Looking good so far up 13-zilcharooni

Go Pack Go!

elway93
11-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Hopefully Rodgers can keep their offense going because I don't think their defense is gonna accomplish much at all for the rest of this one.

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 03:19 PM
It's a division game. Our rivals play hard even when we are the superior team. Add to that the fact that we always play down to the level of our opponents and we are historically bad at Arrowhead and I'm not ready to count a win as a sure thing. I think it's likely but I'm nervous.

Yeah they do - this is a tough division - we have 3 playoff teams fighting for a spot this season. I think another huge thing Denver has going for it is the record Manning's led Broncos have vs the division. Ever since Manning has been here the Broncos have really taken care of interdivisional business

snewguy
11-30-2014, 03:19 PM
My heart says Broncos 35 Chiefs 13, but my head says Chiefs 28 Broncos 17.

I'm going with the blood pumping organ on this one...

would not b surprised if we go with a bad game plan of duplicating last week with a lot of run plays... this is a pass offence, just need enuf run to get 3rd and shorts and keep the D rush honest. i expect them to stuff the run and force us to throw... which we should... their secondary is no match for our WRs..

Freyaka
11-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah they do - this is a tough division - we have 3 playoff teams fighting for a spot this season. I think another huge thing Denver has going for it is the record Manning's led Broncos have vs the division. Ever since Manning has been here the Broncos have really taken care of interdivisional business

What I wouldn't give to be an NFC South team...We've all (myself included) been hard on this team but we've had a massively hard schedule this year.

This isn't one of those seasons where we have a soft schedule and then we go limp in the playoffs. We've been beaten up by tough, tough opponents. Hopefully that shows come January.

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
What I wouldn't give to be an NFC South team...We've all (myself included) been hard on this team but we've had a massively hard schedule this year.

This isn't one of those seasons where we have a soft schedule and then we go limp in the playoffs. We've been beaten up by tough, tough opponents. Hopefully that shows come January.

Agreed. Tonight will be very much like a playoff game. Let's see how much resolve the Broncos will have against a very motivated Kansas City team in a very tough environment.

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Despite Green Bay having the lead, it has that feeling that New England is in control of this game.

The Packers have hit Brady's arm, tipped his passes, but haven't forced the turnovers. That's going to cost them.

JT24Champ
11-30-2014, 03:45 PM
What was the bad call in the sd Balt game?

KansasKrista
11-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Tonights game has KC win written all over it.
Huge game at Arrowhead, playing for a fellow player stricken with cancer, prime time with the home crowd super revved up. Manning getting flustered if things get dicey and a team that isn't playing so great right now. Yes, coming off a win but, one riddled with costly errors, they play that way tonight and Denver is in trouble.
And the biggest reason the Chiefs will probably win tonight.... Coaching. Reid has had 10 days to plan for this game and he is going against a mediocre coach at best in Fox. Just watch the Broncos will look unprepared and make bonehead mistakes.
Not a fan of Fox at all. I think he is a big problem for this team.
Anyway, sure hope I am wrong, I have been real nervous about this game!!
Big time butterflies.

Nuts4koi
11-30-2014, 03:54 PM

They called a defensive PI when it was in fact an offensive PI.

LSIGRAD09
11-30-2014, 03:56 PM

A PI in the end zone. Both guys were equally draped across each other. Wr had his arm grabbing DB's shoulder.

Awful call. There were a lot of them in the game.

assassin216
11-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Seeing how aggressive the Packers are against the Patriots makes the Denver game more disheartening that we played so conservative.... :(

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Huge game at Arrowhead, playing for a fellow player stricken with cancer, prime time with the home crowd super revved up. Manning getting flustered if things get dicey and a team that isn't playing so great right now. Yes, coming off a win but, one riddled with costly errors, they play that way tonight and Denver is in trouble.
And the biggest reason the Chiefs will probably win tonight.... Coaching. Reid has had 10 days to plan for this game and he is going against a mediocre coach at best in Fox. Just watch the Broncos will look unprepared and make bonehead mistakes.
Big time butterflies.

Fox isn't the reason a player drops a pass, or fumbles, or misses a blocking assignment, or the coordinators make a wrong call.

Seeing how aggressive the Packers are against the Patriots makes the Denver game more disheartening that we played so conservative.... :(

What?! They're using the same exact game plan Denver used: throw a lot, don't run.

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Big time butterflies.

You took the words out of my mouth. Our play has been very inconsistent, our coaching subpar, and we are playing a team in the Chiefs that are highly motivated and have had extra time to prepare, in a venue that is incredibly hard to play in for opposing teams. I would love to say that the Broncos will show great resolve and hand it to the Chiefs, but the way this season has gone thus far, I have no reason to believe they will. Even though they have had a very difficult schedule, I feel they are underachieving. (Much in part to coaching)

But, like you, I hope they prove my gut feelings completely wrong tonight and come out of Arrowhead with a huge win.
:goz::salute:

Denver Mike
11-30-2014, 04:03 PM
http://forum.fitnessbloggen.no/attachments/i-love-this-thread-so-much-jpg.35642/

Broncoholic JS
11-30-2014, 04:04 PM
With the Chargers win today, this is a MUST WIN!

NO EXCUSES BRONCOS!!

LETS DO THIS!!!

Twerkerellas
11-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Let's believe in #BroncosCountry!

Freyaka
11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
23-14, go Pack go!

Dscott55
11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
The D is going to have to play angry like they did in the 2nd half of the game against Miami. It's suppose to be very cold and windy tonight in KC. My Colts team won today now I'm looking for a Broncos win as well!!!

KansasKrista
11-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I actually disagree with you on that. Coaching is a big part of a team being unprepared and what happens when a team is not prepared.... They drop passes, miss blocks, get penalties.
A well coached team does not make the same mistakes over and over again. A good coach does not allow that stuff over and over again at some point a well coached player will learn from his mistakes.
I get the feeling Fox is Mr. Loosy Goosy... And he certainly seems out matched on the field too many times to excuse it away.

Replying to a post above. Sorry I haven't been on in awhile and it's showing lol

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 04:11 PM
would not b surprised if we go with a bad game plan of duplicating last week with a lot of run plays... this is a pass offence, just need enuf run to get 3rd and shorts and keep the D rush honest. i expect them to stuff the run and force us to throw... which we should... their secondary is no match for our WRs..

Doesn't matter though. If a team knows we want to run, we can't just abandon it. We have to run the ball. It's sets us up for balance in the game at hand but it also shows future opponents that we're not going to be 1 dimensional and that they WILL have to defend both the pass and the run.

So what do I mean? Even if the run is getting stuffed - we have to stick with it. Even if it appears to be ineffective, it still is accomplishing something just by doing it

RocketArm006
11-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Looking forward to a good game. December in KC is always a tough game.

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Looking forward to a good game. December in KC is always a tough game.

Luckily we escaped it by one day. :D

Should be a great game.

ptwood
11-30-2014, 04:15 PM
I did this analysis before the Miami game so it doesn't cover that game although I don't recall any holding calls against the Dolphins. Conspiracy theory of the day! The Broncos opponents have been penalized 7 times for offensive holding against one of the best pass rushing teams and the 2nd best run defense in the league. Yet the lowest times any team has been penalized for offensive holding this season is 9 so Denver Broncos opponents have recorded 2 fewer holding penalties against the Broncos defense (one of the leagues best) than the best offenses at not holding have done all season... strange.

RocketArm006
11-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Luckily we escaped it by one day. :D

Should be a great game.

Ha! True. Here's to a good game.

-Rod-
11-30-2014, 04:18 PM
It's not that simple to compare the Packers and Broncos playing against the Patriots. Aaron Rodgers changes everything. His arm and mobility allow his team to do things we can't.

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Rodgers' Pack looks scary. Hate to have to face either of these teams in postseason. Gotta think Green Bay is the heavy favorite to make it to the SB. They finally have themselves in position to get to the postseason while being relatively healthy.

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Rodgers' Pack looks scary. Hate to have to face either of these teams in postseason. Gotta think Green Bay is the heavy favorite to make it to the SB. They finally have themselves in position to get to the postseason while being relatively healthy.

The NFC West still owns them. Something about those defensive schemes that Rodgers can't deal with.

With a missed FG on that last drive, New England stays within striking distance too. Packers didn't look "scary" against Minnesota, and certainly don't here (even though it's a home game).

elway7777
11-30-2014, 04:33 PM
I think Oz has all of the physical tools Rogers has. Hoping that everything in between the ears has 60-100%of what P. Manning has.

Broncos-R-Great
11-30-2014, 04:34 PM
It's not that simple to compare the Packers and Broncos playing against the Patriots. Aaron Rodgers changes everything. His arm and mobility allow his team to do things we can't.

Home vs Away plays a big part

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Every time Gronkowski makes a catch, an angel loses its wings.

elway7777
11-30-2014, 04:48 PM
We should've grabbed Blount.

HurricaneDovs
11-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Cmon Green Bay.

BigOBroncoFan
11-30-2014, 04:53 PM
NE made that look too easy against GB.

cmc0605
11-30-2014, 04:54 PM
There is a thread (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?234245-Patriots-vs-Packers) for the GB-NE game in the appropriate area.

As for our game, we all know it's going to be tough. It will be on the road and below freezing. I expect a lot of good plays on both sides (which means lots of opportunities for people to call for coaches to be fired and players cut). Huge implications though if we lose. Need to play a complete game.

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Alright lets go Broncos

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Hopin for no injuries and a good game in which we take it over early:salute:

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 04:57 PM
NE comin back on GB its gettin interesting

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 04:58 PM
We should've grabbed Blount.

Who Knows we may have I think NE had first Chance, I would love to have brought him in

MarkB
11-30-2014, 04:58 PM
BJ Kissel ‏@ChiefsReporter (https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/539205921222569985)
#Broncos Inactives: 21 Talib, 23 Hillman, 28 Ball, 36 Webster, 75 Clark, 79 Schofield, 80 Thomas

MarkB
11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter (https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/539205510491164672)
#Chiefs inactives: 7 Murray, 30 Fleming, 64 Kush, 76 Tardif, 88 Hemingway, 89 Supernaw, 98 Williams

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:00 PM
BJ Kissel ‏@ChiefsReporter (https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/539205921222569985)
#Broncos Inactives: 21 Talib, 23 Hillman, 28 Ball, 36 Webster, 75 Clark, 79 Schofield, 80 Thomas

Talib hurts , but I'm glad no need to take any chances, let him heel.

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:01 PM
With Talib and Webster out, I hope JDR is planning on getting some pressure.

cmc0605
11-30-2014, 05:01 PM
was hoping to have either Talib or JT today. We'll have a thin secondary. Harris, Roby, Carter will get in the mix, and Bolden.

elway7777
11-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Is Trev back? Glad Marshal is playing.

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Is Trev back? Glad Marshal is playing.

Trevathan won't be available until the Chargers game.

belak01
11-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Hey all. First post. Been a member on the boards for a decade and have followed even longer. Especially love following the game day threads.Gonna start getting involved in the action. Super excited for tonight's game as a rare Denver fan in KC country. Unfortunately I get the feeling that my friends and coworkers will be talking some smack tomorrow after a Chiefs win but hope I'm wrong. Just hard to be confident in a team that is the very definition of inconsistent right now. One big key will be the TE play. Obviously getting Virgil back has been Huge for the run game, but what's up with Julius? Seems his status is still up in the air right now? His presence will be huge, even if he doesn't catch a single ball, defenses have to respect him which makes life easier for our other weapons. Anyway, sorry for such a rambling first post but look forward to participating around here!

elway7777
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I want to see an aggressive D today i.e. Blitzing DelRio

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 05:07 PM
For all the hype Seattle's DB's get, I still think New England's are better. Yes, they gave up a lot of yards to Denver and Green Bay, but were brutal in the red zone. I've also never seen a group capable of covering guys for longer than they do, which is a credit to their coaching staff.

On the game itself: Green Bay's D has dropped picks, and Adams dropped an EASY touchdown... Patriots are the luckiest team ever.

I want to see an aggressive D today i.e. Blitzing DelRio

Blitzing is a great way to get beat by a decent QB, and tire out a defense quickly.

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Hey all. First post. Been a member on the boards for a decade and have followed even longer. Especially love following the game day threads.Gonna start getting involved in the action. Super excited for tonight's game as a rare Denver fan in KC country. Unfortunately I get the feeling that my friends and coworkers will be talking some smack tomorrow after a Chiefs win but hope I'm wrong. Just hard to be confident in a team that is the very definition of inconsistent right now. One big key will be the TE play. Obviously getting Virgil back has been Huge for the run game, but what's up with Julius? Seems his status is still up in the air right now? His presence will be huge, even if he doesn't catch a single ball, defenses have to respect him which makes life easier for our other weapons. Anyway, sorry for such a rambling first post but look forward to participating around here!

It's gonna be a tough game to win, no question. They will need to execute very well, and have a lot of resolve to come out with a W.

JT will not be playing tonight, as he is listed inactive. Hopefully we see him back in action next week.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us.
:thumb:

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Blitzing is a great way to get beat by a decent QB, and tire out a defense quickly.

And get eaten alive by short dump offs to Charles

coltsman451
11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Brady having an attack of Tourettes.

duhyaj
11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Lol look at that sportsmanship from Brady screaming the f word at his defense for not being able to stop Rodgers.

duhyaj
11-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Lol cp when I get on the computer and off the ipad

Larvage
11-30-2014, 05:24 PM

I laughed so hard at this comment. Wish they would fine pretty boy for that

JakeNbake
11-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Let's go Broncos!

And remember you can join us in the chat room here; http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/game/2014/regular13/in.html

Let's hope for a good win and injury free game.

Elway
11-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Always nice to see NE lose :)

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 05:26 PM
New England loses.......Yeah..........Go Broncos

elway7777
11-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Lol cp when I get on the computer and off the ipad
SMH... You are going to CP that? Many people suffer from Tourette's. Be classy"

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 05:27 PM
The only thing better than a NE loss is a Belicheck post-game conference after a NE loss.

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 05:28 PM
And get eaten alive by short dump offs to Charles

There's just so many ways to easily beat aggressive blitzing nowadays.

Timely is one thing, but it's way more effective when a team can get there with 4 guys.

ArchAngel
11-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Ok, the Pack did their part. Now Broncos, step up to the plate and do yours.

VADER72
Tommy was not a happy boy

Doogansquest
The only thing better than a NE loss is a Belicheck post-game conference after a NE loss.

It was nice to see them lose, but Green Bay didn't exactly look great. They couldn't score in the red zone, missed opportunities, and they were fortunate that Brady was off target an unusual amount.

I just hope it's the start of a skid for the Patriots. The Chargers seem to be playing well and get to host them next week. While we always want a division rival to lose, I'd rather they clip the Patriots and Denver just does it's job to win out.

duhyaj
11-30-2014, 05:31 PM

Yep i thought it was hilarious.... Only thing wrong I saw with it was that it's offensive to Tourette's sufferers to label Brady in the same group with them.

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Hopefully we have no injuries tonight. Oh, and of course get a win. :goz:

ArchAngel
11-30-2014, 05:32 PM
With Talib and Webster out, I hope JDR is planning on getting some pressure.

Hahaha! Good one!

elway7777
There's just so many ways to easily beat aggressive blitzing nowadays
Timely is one thing, but it's way more effective when a team can get there with 4 guys.
How well has that worked for us? I hope we blitz KC all night long.

duhyaj
Hopefully we have no injuries tonight. Oh, and of course get a win. :goz:

For sure we were lucky at the beginning of the year then the last few games bam!

RunYouOver
11-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Can't wait for kickoff. Patriots loss gives us a big opportunity to not only knock out the Chiefs from the division hunt but to also tie the Pats and give us a better shot at landing the #1 overall seed.

Chat it up for the game in here, or in the live chat HERE (http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/game/2014/regular13/in.html) once the game kicks off! You'll need to put in a username (preferably your username on here) to have your posts go through on there.

Doogansquest
11-30-2014, 05:36 PM
How well has that worked for us? I hope we blitz KC all night long.

Seeing as how Denver is 8-3, 4th in total defense, and 15th against the pass (ahead of New England, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati) when that's all opponents do against them, I'd say it's worked out okay.

Blitz KC all night long, and you'll be wondering why KC is up 30-7 in the 3rd quarter.

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:37 PM

Get a sense of humor Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese?

one_bad_55
Anyone know who is inactive tonight?

dizzolve
WOW Bob Costas and Hines Ward are all bundled up like it's 15 degrees out there tonight. If it's really cold that's obviously another advantage for KC. Wonder if it factors in. It'd be another great opportunity for Manning to 'prove' cold weather doesn't effect him. Gase claims it's not the cold -it's the wind. Gonna see if I can find temp

edit- looks like it's about 28 degrees w 9-14 mph winds

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Yep i thought it was hilarious.... Only thing wrong I saw with it was that it's offensive to Tourette's sufferers to label Brady in the same group with them.

LMAO that was even funnier cps

IrishFan81
11-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Alright folks lets get this out of the way first and foremost

We suck
Manning isn't getting it done it's time to put in Osweiller
Fox and JDR need to get fired
No way this team gets to the Super Bowl heck we won't even make the playoffs

That should take care of all the sky is falling crap so.........:goz::helmet:

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Seeing as how Denver is 8-3, 4th in total defense, and 15th against the pass (ahead of New England, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati) when that's all opponents do against them, I'd say it's worked out okay.

Blitz KC all night long, and you'll be wondering why KC is up 30-7 in the 3rd quarter.

Rush 4 all night when its not effective or better yet 3 on 3rd and long, especially with 2 of our corners out and we will probably be looking at a loss also. Seen that one a few times already.

We need to find ways to put this qb under pressure in key situations. We will see. Lets Goooo Broncoooos

snewguy
11-30-2014, 05:43 PM
I actually disagree with you on that. Coaching is a big part of a team being unprepared and what happens when a team is not prepared.... They drop passes, miss blocks, get penalties.
A well coached team does not make the same mistakes over and over again. A good coach does not allow that stuff over and over again at some point a well coached player will learn from his mistakes.
I get the feeling Fox is Mr. Loosy Goosy... And he certainly seems out matched on the field too many times to excuse it away.

Replying to a post above. Sorry I haven't been on in awhile and it's showing lol

I agree with coaching not being top notch... Fox is not a get tough coach... sometimes i think u need to hammer on guys after a weak game... Belichek is the best at that... this year, i really question a lot of the play calls and game plan on offense... we have no blitz plays other than the flanker screen... all we have is a shotgun run game... 3rd and 2 in shotgun formation, whats manning going to do? i remember the Elway days, reverses, shovel passes, etc... to counteract all that stuff... just saying its lack of preparation for what the D might come up with... just like the SB, we had no plays to try to counter a strong inside rush or physical press coverage... i think JDR has done a good job, he just lacks the guys to make it top 5.. still say secondary is mediocre and vaunted pass rush is inconsistent.. D against run first is the right plan but i think we should be more gamblers and blitz more... take our chances with Harris and Ward...

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Anyone know who is inactive tonight?

elway7777
11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Get a sense of humor Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese?

You must be 13 to find that humorous. Mature minds would agree it was classless.

dizzolve
11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Tonight might be a good coaching match up. I expect Kansas City to pull out ALL of the stops. That's how big this game is for them. Trick plays - Onsides kicks - fake punt type plays I think are all in play. Our coaches have to maintain their imagination and keep the players aware through these critical moments. Hopefully our coaches/players aren't fooled by some gimmick plays.

elway7777
11-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Let's go Broncos!

cmc0605
11-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Given the playoff hunt picture right now, this is our biggest game of the season to date.

LASERLIPS
11-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Alright folks lets get this out of the way first and foremost

We suck
Manning isn't getting it done it's time to put in Osweiller
Fox and JDR need to get fired
No way this team gets to the Super Bowl heck we won't even make the playoffs

That should take care of all the sky is falling crap so.........:goz::helmet:

Hold on, you forgot a few...

This team has no heart
If we don't win this game, we're done
I'm done with this team

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 05:56 PM

Thanks............Happy B-day!!!!!!

odiesback
11-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Hoping for a win, and if possible, a win with ease and without the drama and mistakes... most likely it will not be an easy game... but hoping for one anyways... GO BRONCOS

duhyaj
11-30-2014, 05:58 PM

This team has no heart
I'm done with this team

There's so many more we could bring up but after our first punt we'll hear those. Glad you guys covered most of them now though

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 05:59 PM
You must be 13 to find that humorous. Mature minds would agree it was classless.

Thanks for your judgement call almighty, For those of us who don't need to make a political arguement or discussion out of a game day joke which was funny to plenty of us lay men though I know we are from the other side all I have to say is get off your high horse. Your lack of humor over something some of us feel is funny in no way we really affects anything. In fact if anything your serious rush to judgement over a friendly conversation kinda is a joke in itself. But you keep taking everything serious all you want, I don't care, I hang with the beer drinking croud and buddy I'M PROUD OF IT. Now how about we get back to the game day thread and the Broncos .

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:03 PM

Thanks man, appreciate it. Yeah little worried about the 2ndary but glad they are letting Talib get healthy, Would like to have seen JT but same goes and that means we will probably see more of Green which I am thrilled about. I hope he gets some passes tonite. I am really looking forward to making it 0-6 for the Chiefs vs us tonight. Go Broncooos

On sepearate note I hope ya all keep Berry in your prayers. Heck of a thing to happen to him, his family and his team this week.

elway7777
11-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Latimer is active. Yay - I hope we test his potential today.

HDbroncos02
11-30-2014, 06:06 PM
First off, we're all praying for Eric Berry. Hope for the best for him.

So, the Chiefs are coming off an embarrassing loss against the Raiders ten days ago. Add that in with their motivation to play for Berry, KC will be a big challenge for us tonight.

Our offensive line, once again, will face another challenge with a talented KC front. We did a better job against Miami, as we opened up lanes for CJ Anderson and only allowed a "sack". The chemistry and communication is developing, and they will certainly face a test tonight.

Our front seven has to stop Jamaal Charles and Alex Smith in the run game. We gave up a lot of early yards to Lamar Miller and Ryan Tannehill last week. Charles is always a threat, and we need our DEs and OLBs to seal the edge. Alex Smith is always a threat to scramble, especially in the redzone. A spy like Von Miller or Brandon Marshall should be used.

Lastly, keep an eye on Travis Kelce. Our LBs will need to be on their coverage A-game tonight on him.

GO BRONCOS!!

ArchAngel
11-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Tonight might be a good coaching match up. I expect Kansas City to pull out ALL of the stops. That's how big this game is for them. Trick plays - Onsides kicks - fake punt type plays I think are all in play. Our coaches have to maintain their imagination and keep the players aware through these critical moments. Hopefully our coaches/players aren't fooled by some gimmick plays.

The words "our coaches" and "imagination" should not be mentioned in the same sentence unless its to describe the lack thereof.

IrishFan81
11-30-2014, 06:07 PM

This team has no heart
I'm done with this team

Yup so sound about right

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Latimer is active. Yay - I hope we test his potential today.

Agreed would love to see this come in to play today.

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks man, appreciate it. Yeah little worried about the 2ndary but glad they are letting Talib get healthy, Would like to have seen JT but same goes and that means we will probably see more of Green which I am thrilled about. I hope he gets some passes tonite. I am really looking forward to making it 0-6 for the Chiefs vs us tonight. Go Broncooos

On sepearate note I hope ya all keep Berry in your prayers. Heck of a thing to happen to him, his family and his team this week.

Maybe Carter can step up and play like we know he can but often doesn't. He will have to make some plays in the nickle packages. Boldin is another one that is going to have to step up and play like he did in the pre-season. He was ballin in pre-season and he needs to step up again.

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:10 PM

Oh by the way, I didn't originally post that, I copied it from a post from Mark B.He brought us that tidbit Thanks Mark:salute:

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Maybe Carter can step up and play like we know he can but often doesn't. He will have to make some plays in the nickle packages. Boldin is another one that is going to have to step up and play like he did in the pre-season. He was ballin in pre-season and he needs to step up again.

Agree on both, I gotta admit, I didn't want to see Boldin back this year but he has looked 100% better this year. I am actually looking forward to seeing him and I hope to God he makes me eat more crow. I'll put ketchup on it and be happy.:salute:

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Oh by the way, I didn't originally post that, I copied it from a post from Mark B.He brought us that tidbit Thanks Mark:salute:

I CP'd Mark-B for posting the inactive players.

duhyaj
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
This is gonna be great! 35-21 Broncos

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Chiefs going all red today

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Agree on both, I gotta admit, I didn't want to see Boldin back this year but he has looked 100% better this year. I am actually looking forward to seeing him and I hope to God he makes me eat more crow. I'll put ketchup on it and be happy.:salute:

Me too. I have had to eat some crow. but he still makes some boneheaded mistakes on special teams. Like last week blocking the guy 5 yard out of bounds.

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:17 PM
I am so psyyyyyched, Lets Goooooo Broncooooos.

KansasKrista
11-30-2014, 06:18 PM
It's 27 degrees in KC right now.
Every single thing is playing out to give KC a big win tonight.
If I was Chiefs fan I would be feeling super hyped and confident about now.

Hopefully none of this will amount to anything and Denver will win.

duhyaj
11-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Anyone else glad the ravens lost, they look tough, like the type of team that usually beats us. The bolts will probably lose more game but the ravens are a team I would not want to face in the playoffs

IrishFan81
11-30-2014, 06:19 PM
FHRITP go Broncos

CNETT324
Guys I'm so nervous I haven't been I haven't been this nervous since the Super Bowl . This is a playoff game for our boys ! Come on a Broncos don't let us down

IrishFan81
Anyone else glad the ravens lost, they look tough, like the type of team that usually beats us. The bolts will probably lose more game but the ravens are a team I would not want to face in the playoffs

I don't hate a whole lot of things but I absolutely HATE the Ratbirds

CNETT324
11-30-2014, 06:20 PM

Same here !

roushmartin6
11-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Hopefully we come out strong again

duhyaj

Agreed pats rats and raiders hate them all equally

ItsTimeTB
Cold and windy?

ArchAngel
11-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Five more minutes til Fox/JDR vanilla "play not to lose" game plan is revealed!!

bronco30
biggest key on defense contain Charles & their running game...here we goooo

BroncoDrej
Nervous as can be right now... hopefully the Broncos will change those nerves to elation. Go Broncos!!!

BlindFandom88
11-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Let's go Denver! Get that W!

VADER72
Time to dominate!!!!! N

Broncoholic JS
The total for my wife's and my takeout order tonight for the game was $18.88.

Is that a good omen or what?

GO BRONCOS!!!

HDbroncos02
11-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Let's go BRONCOS!!! Division game! Let's get it!

Nuts4koi
I predict we contain Charles and frustrate Smith. Boncos WIN!!!:goz:

RocketArm006
Five more minutes til Fox/JDR vanilla "play not to lose" game plan is revealed!!

LOL. Is there anything you actually like about the Broncos?

RunYouOver

GO BRONCOS!!!

I like it! :D

One more heads up if anyone wants to join us in the chat room, you can do so by clicking here (http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/game/2014/regular13/in.html), or by going to the following site:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/game/2014/regular13/in.html

one_bad_55
11-30-2014, 06:25 PM
How come all of our night games are in cold weather? We need to run it down their throats with some PAP, and some surprises to keep them off balance.

Stop the Chefs on 3rd down. Stop Charles and Smith and win the game.

WildcatsBroncos
I'd like Del Rio to actually plan a good game

ArchAngel
LOL. Is there anything you actually like about the Broncos?

Certainly not the coaching staff!

RunYouOver
11-30-2014, 06:26 PM
How come all of our night games are in cold weather? We need to run it down their throats with some PAP, and some surprises to keep them off balance.

Stop the Chefs on 3rd down. Stop Charles and Smith and win the game.

Because it gets colder at night than it does during the day :D :P

bronco30
11-30-2014, 06:26 PM
gotta run it & protect manning boys lets go o-line...

100%Broncoholic
11-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Game time, blast off!!!

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/46/files/2014/09/derek-wolfe-alex-smith-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-denver-broncos.jpg

RocketArm006
Certainly not the coaching staff!

That's abundantly clear. Well, enjoy the game anyway.

LASERLIPS
I want to see Virgil Green and the O-line knocking some fools out tonight.

FL BRONCO

Not me , I love it when the Ravens lose, But I'd rather have seen the Chargers go another game back especially since we still have to play them in their house.

captainbronco
11-30-2014, 06:28 PM
If we run the ball like we did last week theres no reason we cant win!

one_bad_55
Because it gets colder at night than it does during the day :D :P

Why can't we play in San Diego, or Miami or Tampa where it is warm instead of KC and NE.

FL BRONCO

GO BRONCOS!!!

I Love It:thumb::goz::salute:

Elway
11-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Here we go!! Go Broncos!

LSIGRAD09
11-30-2014, 06:29 PM
We deferred? VICTORY.

FL BRONCO
11-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Why can't we play in San Diego, or Miami or Tampa where it is warm instead of KC and NE.

We will be there soon my friend, lets take care of business in both houses:salute:starts here and starts now

captainbronco
No aqib...crap

bronco30
hopefully no injuries lets go

Blazindro
well I'm a bundle of nerves.

FL BRONCO
we deferred? Victory.

lol........

dandaman23
Defense first! Lets go boys!

HDbroncos02
Tony Carter and Bradley Roby better step up. They will.

captainbronco
well I'm a bundle of nerves.
Right there with ya

bronco30
11-30-2014, 06:31 PM
defense get a stop right away...no big returns

VADER72
Damn I'm nervous

captainbronco
I hope this new kicker is decent#

King Lycan
No Talib, not surprised.

HurricaneDovs
And here we go!

one_bad_55
Great, Windy and cold. Good night to run the ball

cmc0605
23 degrees and windy. Fun.

Elway
Looks very windy there

LSIGRAD09
11-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Short kick

captainbronco
Short ass kick crap

roushmartin6
I hope this new kicker is decent#

Barth has been great in the past. Hopefully he continues it

dizzolve
So Julius is out. I wonder if V Green gets any looks at all in the passing game tonight.

dandaman23
Horribly short kick.

King Lycan
Bad kick to start the game.

cmc0605
well not a great start for kickoffs

Nuts4koi
not a great kickoff. Was that into the wind?

bronco30
11-30-2014, 06:33 PM
great coverage harris...

the0rangecrush
#NoFlyZone

bronco30
get off the field now...

Blazindro
11-30-2014, 06:34 PM
good start D,

captainbronco
Good hold D now lets go O

roushmartin6
Heck yea 3 and out

Nuts4koi
Great! 3 and out.

one_bad_55
Nice, 3 and out

the0rangecrush
Harris is just too good

VADER72
Nice job defense.

odiesback
Three and out.. great start for the D

JJBroncoFan
Going after chj, are you kidding me?

bronco30
wtg defense yes now lets go offense...

RunYouOver
Great start by the D. Good enough field position to start it off, let's do it!

roushmartin6
Lol look at Tony Carter run from that punt

HDbroncos02
Good job Harris. We gotta get a push upfront for Anderson.

duhyaj
Good start

Blazindro
decent field position.

bronco30
11-30-2014, 06:35 PM
big drive come on...

BlindFandom88
Good job D! Let's go O!!!

the0rangecrush
Going after chj, are you kidding me?

Please do it, and keep trying

cmc0605
doesn't look like a lot of deep balls in this game

captainbronco
Always fall forward

Nuts4koi
Good start for CJ.

Blazindro
man this will not be a game for fgs. We probably won't even attempt them.

100%Broncoholic
11-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Straight up the gut! Love the bruiser going up there! Hold onto that pigskin!

JJBroncoFan
CJ all day, the wind is going to make it a smash mouth game

gtown53
Biggest game since we lost to Seattle and then, New England.

captainbronco
2 hands on that ball

one_bad_55
Nice run CJ...............

cmc0605
good running boyyyy

roushmartin6
CJ is a stud. Glad he is making the most of it

uncoalum
There you go. Pound the rock.

100%Broncoholic
C- Who?

CJ Anderson with 16!

bronco30
wtg o-line n cj yesss

broncosaurus
11-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Good start, just hang on to the ball!!!

Bronco51
Did Collinsworth seriously ask what do you do when Ball comes back?

JJBroncoFan
This guy is the total package yall, good patience, balance, power, speed, vision.

captainbronco
Pick up the firat

bronco30
11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
convert this now...

Elway
nice grab by Sanders

Blazindro
nice conversion.

Nuts4koi

He doesn't have a clue.

odiesback
Sanders Money

cmc0605
11-30-2014, 06:39 PM

It's a good problem to have four good backs.

RunYouOver
The fact that we're running the ball well right off the bat is a very, very good sign in this weather.

captainbronco
E sanders!!! Cj keep pounding dat defense

HDbroncos02
Anderson is a pinball.

roushmartin6
Looks like its for real now, Gase has figured it out you HAVE to run the ball

JJBroncoFan
It's a good problem to have four good backs.

You count ball as a good back? Not saying I dont, just asking.

uncoalum
11-30-2014, 06:40 PM
That was some bad blocking. Franklin whiffed.