PDA

View Full Version : The devil is ice skating in his living room because...

DevilSpawn
01-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 41 minutes ago.

Former Redskins HC Mike Shanahan interviewed with Raiders, as @NBCdianna reported. Met with Raiders owner Mark Davis and team officials.

:eek:

Not gonna happen but interesting he that this was even possible.

Bronco51
01-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Maybe to stick it to Bowlen for firing him. It would be so ironic if that did ever happen.

The Experience
01-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I don't see Shanny wanting to take over a team in rebuilding mode. SF seems more likely, this will in all likelihood be his last job and I think he would want to take over a team more ready to contend.

Raiderfan76
01-05-2015, 05:47 PM
I hated Shanahan when he was the Broncos coach, but I gotta give it to him, he is very good with qb's. This possibility of him coming back to the Raiders did cross my mind for a minute, but I never thought he would even get a chance. If Mark pulls this off holy S.

It would be strange at first, things are different now and if he did take the job I'm all for it. The black hole/sideline would be very strange though.

Rancid
01-05-2015, 05:59 PM
This is good news because one thing is for sure, Shanahan knows how to avoid the playoffs.

Atwnbroncfan
01-05-2015, 06:05 PM
I hated Shanahan when he was the Broncos coach, but I gotta give it to him, he is very good with qb's. This possibility of him coming back to the Raiders did cross my mind for a minute, but I never thought he would even get a chance. If Mark pulls this off holy S.

It would be strange at first, things are different now and if he did take the job I'm all for it. The black hole/sideline would be very strange though.

Carr and Shanahan is a great match. Problem is shinny neglects the D.

Raiderfan76
01-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Carr and Shanahan is a great match. Problem is shinny neglects the D.

Rex Ryan as D coordinator ?!?

Jesus, things have changed.

ArchAngel
01-05-2015, 07:03 PM
According to ESPN, former Denver Broncos head coach met with Raiders last Saturday about coaching vacancy. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What's next? Dogs and cats laying down with each other?

Colem9r
01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
MSN article up saying he is most interested in the 49ers job

Rastic
01-05-2015, 07:06 PM
According to ESPN, former Denver Broncos head coach met with Raiders last Saturday about coaching vacancy. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What's next? Dogs and cats laying down with each other?

http://www.thewholepetdiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Dogs-cats-laying-down.jpg

trc1962
01-05-2015, 07:47 PM
I could see Shanny as a Raider because Carr is a young, talented guy. If he got a great defensive coordinator they would be a force in the West. That said, I see him either with San Fran or Chicago as they both have strong QB's. I would hope to keep him in the NFC as he is a great coach as long as he is not trying to be a GM. We don't need Shanny in the AFC West going after the Broncos.

DieHard
01-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Shanahan should go to the 49ers.:smash:

Hadez
01-05-2015, 08:40 PM
My guess is the Raiders may be only team who will give Shanahan that total control he wants so badly

L.M.
01-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Mike also interviewed with the Bills and Niners. He was the OC for the Niners from '92-'94 culminating in their last SB victory with Steve Young at QB.

He can build a heck of an offense and prioritizes that, but he left both the Broncos' and Redskins' defenses in utter talentless ruins before his exits. The Bills might be the best place for him if he leaves their already decent defense alone and just builds the offense up. The AFC East needs another strong contender to wrest the reins away from the fricken Patriots -so this would be my vote!

LordOfChaos
01-06-2015, 06:13 AM
Go to the Raiders and trade Carr for Cutler! :P