PDA

View Full Version : Home games

broncosfan wife
01-20-2015, 01:39 PM
I know the 2015-2016 schedule does not come out until April but was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a home game Sept 27 or the following weekend. I am trying to plan a trip to Denver for my husband since he has never been to a Denver game in Denver. We are from Pa and would like to give a trip to him as a surprise. Thanks for any help need to plan hotel and airline reservations

JWinn
01-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome to Broncomania, Broncosfan wife.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know if we are home or away that weekend until the big schedule comes out.

Wish I could give you a better answer.

We know who we play, and where, just not when yet. Sorry.

:logo:

broncosfan wife
01-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Thank you so much. My husband has been a fan since birth, born and raised in Pittsburgh but hates the Steelers. He has never been to Denver and always wanted to go to see the Broncos play. Our 12 year anniversary is next month and wanted to surprise him with a trip.

JWinn
01-20-2015, 05:06 PM
I understand. You take a risk planning a trip around the NFL schedule. Especially when it hasn't even come out yet.

Been there.

Back in 05, we went to the Grand Canyon, and stayed in the hotel on the South rim. Well, you have to make reservations months in advance if you want a decent room with a view. We planned it around this time, and took a chance we would play away that week.

We didn't. I missed that game.

Still angry about that. :laugh:

broncosfan wife
01-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Thank you for your help but where is a close hotel to stadium to stay? I was looking at downtown denver since we will not have a car and we will have to use a shuttle

JWinn
01-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Thank you for your help but where is a close hotel to stadium to stay? I was looking at downtown denver since we will not have a car and we will have to use a shuttle

I think the hotels downtown are probably the closest to the stadium now. There used to be one right there next to the stadium, but they sold it and are turning it into apartments.

If your not renting a car though, you don't need to be close to the stadium really. You can stay in hotels along I-25 to the South that are within walking distance to the light rail, which will take you right to the stadium.

There's a few in DTC (Denver Tech Center), about 15/20miles south of the stadium that are along the light rail line. No further from the train stations than the stadium is from it's station.

Going to need others to really give you the best advice on this stuff though. As I live here, I just don't stay in the hotels and know the better ones to stay at for games.

It might help you to dig thru this section of the forums a little bit. I don't know if any of it will really be useful to you, but we've had some discussions regarding where to stay here before. (I don't usually post much in those.)

broncosfan wife
01-21-2015, 06:46 AM
Thank you for all your help