PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant video scandal (rumor)

the0rangecrush
02-25-2015, 06:59 AM
http://terezowens.com/dez-bryant-scandalous-video-to-be-released/

The incriminating video of Dallas Cowboys superstar receiver Dez Bryant doing something supposedly Ray Rice worthy is being released today or tomorrow. According to our source, the Cowboys havenít done a huge deal with Dez because of concern over the video. Unfortunately Bryantís team wonít be able to stop the tape from getting out to the public. Of course Cowboys COO Stephen Jones denies knowledge of such a video. This is going to be a game changer for the Cowboys future. UPDATE: Weíre being told the Cowboys have warned Dez the tape is going to be released, and from someone who has seen it, that itís five times worse than the Ray Rice Video. His football career is in jeopardy according to our source. Also a Dez insider tells us he is being brainwashed by Jay Z and Roc Nation Sports.-TO

ebsoria
02-25-2015, 07:47 AM
I hope it's not true, but..... we'll see.....

JT24Champ
02-25-2015, 11:27 AM
hmmm interesting.

atwaterandstir
02-25-2015, 11:52 AM
There is something to it for sure

Apparently Shefter said hes been "working on the story for a while"......

the0rangecrush
02-25-2015, 11:54 AM
Carmen & Jurko to Adam Schefter on the Dez video: Do you know what's on it? Answer: Yeah.

There is some substance

BroncoFanBoy
02-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Good thing we took Demaryius over him if this is true. I won't insult him just yet, since this is just a rumor.

the0rangecrush
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Apparently there is a bidding war between TMZ and Dez's camp. It's a shame that there is a bidding war for domestic violence videos, If true.

atwaterandstir
02-25-2015, 02:30 PM
As per these rumors of this allegedly videotaped 2011 incident, Im afraid to think on what might be "5x times worse than the Ray Rice type" incident. No story, no leaks, no charges, no one wanting to break news. Shefter spending so much time, yet might not ever be able to report it.....

July 18 2012
Angela Bryant, whose T-shirt and bra were allegedly torn during the incident, indicated on a 911 call that this was not the first time she was assaulted by her son.
"I can't keep letting him do this," said Angela Bryant, who made the call from the nearby home of family friend and adviser David Wells. "I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

July 25 2012
DALLAS -- In a sign of solidarity, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was joined by his mother, Angela Bryant, at a brief news conference on Tuesday to stress that while there may have been an incident last week, no family violence occurred.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8173444/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-allegedly-assaulted-mom-police-say

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8196231/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-mother-angela-hold-news-conference

I have a horrible feeling about this

JT24Champ
02-25-2015, 03:05 PM
As per these rumors of this allegedly videotaped 2011 incident, Im afraid to think on what might be "5x times worse than the Ray Rice type" incident. No story, no leaks, no charges, no one wanting to break news. Shefter spending so much time, yet might not ever be able to report it.....

July 18 2012
Angela Bryant, whose T-shirt and bra were allegedly torn during the incident, indicated on a 911 call that this was not the first time she was assaulted by her son.
"I can't keep letting him do this," said Angela Bryant, who made the call from the nearby home of family friend and adviser David Wells. "I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

July 25 2012
DALLAS -- In a sign of solidarity, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was joined by his mother, Angela Bryant, at a brief news conference on Tuesday to stress that while there may have been an incident last week, no family violence occurred.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8173444/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-allegedly-assaulted-mom-police-say

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8196231/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-mother-angela-hold-news-conference

I have a horrible feeling about this

wow. i bet dez pays the farm to keep this from coming up

Houshmazode
02-25-2015, 03:22 PM
wow. i bet dez pays the farm to keep this from coming up
Jerruh will step in and pay off whoever has the video. He's done it with plenty of players in the past. Not sure how many times Michael Irvin got caught with hookers and cocaine but Jerry paid his way out of it.

Thors Hammer
02-25-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm confused, how can there be a bidding war over this video. Isn't this considered evidence?

Rastic
02-25-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm confused, how can there be a bidding war over this video. Isn't this considered evidence?

Evidence in what? What charges were filed? What trial?

atwaterandstir
02-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Evidence in what? What charges were filed? What trial?

Thats obviously the hurdle.....

Something is out there, it now becomes can anyone legally force it to become public. It is apparent the victim (my assumption) isnt going to be the one to release info or testify.

Shefter admitting he has been working on this story since September and claiming hes been trying to get things released under the Texas Public Information Act- defies the logic of Stephen Jones claiming no knowledge of the tapes.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/25/schefter-confirms-rumor-of-dez-bryant-video/

There would/could be a ton of back lash from this if these alleged tapes ever surface. If its true WALMART is the owner of said tapes then there is a chance the public pressure can help force their release of them. The NFL owners and the League itself is extremely powerful....but not as powerful as Walmart.

BroncoFanNC
02-25-2015, 08:59 PM
"Data from in-store security cameras may also be provided to law enforcement upon written request. "

That's the only blurb on Walmarts website about security cam footage.

So I'm guessing it's not something they would ever willingly release to the public unless an employee stole it. Either that or his friends filmed it on cell phones and are forcing him to pay to keep it a secret - sounds like blackmail which I thought was illegal...

dizzolve
02-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Apparently, this story has been known by all the media giants for months. Despite Florio clearly stating he doesn't know if a tape actually exists and that he calls it a rumor, .........we likely wouldn't be talking about any of this if Mike didn't go ahead and confirm the rumor. And he's come under fire for flapping his gums.

Mike Florio makes money by speaking with sports shows all over the country by phone, might have said something he wasn't supposed to?

The Audio player on this link has the interview with a Dallas sports show.
http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/mike-florio-is-getting-killed-in-the-media-for-his-handling-of-the-dez-bryant-video-rumor/

Again Florio confirms nothing more than it was a rumor, but thing is he was the first to confirm there was something.

AND he claims if this did happen (whatever it was) he said it happened years ago.

fallforward3y+
03-05-2015, 02:22 AM
I do wonder what '5 times worse than the Ray Rice video' means. The wording of that is kind of interesting, perhaps it means he assaulted a woman far worse than Ray Rice did. Of course, it may also mean he did a worse crime such as rape, maybe murder.

I suppose it could be some prank as well and he may not have done anything illegal, although that seems strange. I suppose we will likely find out what this is about soon.

If they actually catch him on tape doing something of the caliber they seem to be claiming, and he doesn't get convicted though, I will likely think 'C'MON!'. If it's 2011 I doubt statute of limitations laws will apply, and if it's just now resurfacing I doubt there are any double jeopardy laws that may apply.

I'm an 'innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt' type of guy, however if a guy gets caught on tape that's pretty sufficient evidence to me, and you probably won't find anything much more sufficient. When your caught on tape, you probably won't have much of a defense aside from a 'not legally responsible' type of defense. I suppose you could always try claiming the tape is fake or that your long lost twin did it, lol but I doubt you'll get very far with that. I suppose a lot of things are technically possible, however I guess that's part of the difference between 'reasonable doubt' and 'absolute certainty'.

Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of legal loop holes that seemingly aren't so much about not punishing people before their found guilty, and more about keeping evidence of someone's likely guilt out of court.