PDA

View Full Version : Eagles trade McCoy

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Philly have traded LeSean to the Bills for Kiko Alonso. Thoughts?

assassin216
03-03-2015, 05:16 PM
And the Eagles wonder why they haven't won a Superbowl yet....hahahahaha

Holy cow... :laugh:

assassin216
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
What make this trade even crazy...there was no draft picks exchanged.... :laugh:

Mel B.
03-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Chip Kelly's turning into Josh McTradeAwayAllYourBestTalent 2.0!

I know Philly fans have to be as pissed as we were.

HUMCALC
03-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Well BUFF needed an every-down back, but why would you trade a young LB that should have won ROY?

-Rod-
03-03-2015, 05:28 PM
An interesting trade for both teams. The Eagles now have more cap space to rebuild that secondary. They will be major players in free agency with $43+ million of cap room. LeSean McCoy has 3 years left at $10.25M, $6.9M and $7.6M. Kiko Alonso has 2 years left on contract at $746,000 and $942,000.

It's been reported Chip Kelly felt felt McCoy was too east-west as a runner. I wonder if the Eagles will consider one of the top RBs in the 1st round. Since Melvin Gordon is being compared to Jamaal Charles, he may be too east/west for Chip Kelly. Then Todd Gurley would be a better fit and, since they just traded for Kiko Alonso, they must feel pretty good about players recovering from torn ACLs.

For the Bills, they already have a stout defense and needed more punch on offense. LeSean McCoy is expensive but is only 26 years old and the Bills don't have a 1st-round pick so this is a way to add an impact player.

Kiko Alonso, if healthy, will become the QB of the defense for the Eagles.

CoryWinget81
03-03-2015, 05:42 PM
What in the hell...

...wow

#24 Next Champ
03-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Yeah more just shocked to see a player for player trade again....love these tho...it will be interesting to see how this pans out...off the bat, seems to make sense for both...only time will tell who got better end

I know I was super pissed when we traded Portis for Champ....and well, we know how that ended up

InsaneBlaze23
03-03-2015, 06:29 PM
With Murray likely hitting the market, maybe Philly feels they can get him.

SecondsAway131
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
I like this trade for Philly. It was pretty obvious during last season that Chip and McCoy were not getting along. I honestly think Chris Polk could do just as well as McCoy did last season.

Now they add a stud young LB for cheap and free up space to work on that awful secondary.

Rancid
03-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Maybe Rex Ryan got his hands on some old photos of Chip Kelly?

the0rangecrush
03-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Source tells me Eagles would’ve cut LeSean McCoy and were just calling around to find *anything* for him. Bills only took 20min to say yes.

roushmartin6
03-03-2015, 11:30 PM
I think the Bills got hosed to be honest. A young linebacker for a running back, a position who has a short shelf life. If anything they should have got Foles instead

#24 Next Champ
03-03-2015, 11:39 PM
I think the Bills got hosed to be honest. A young linebacker for a running back, a position who has a short shelf life. If anything they should have got Foles instead

They really should've asked for Foles too but then Philly loses a big trading piece for Mariota who obviously they want...

Remedy
03-04-2015, 02:09 AM
I don't even know how I feel.

Love shady on the field.

Was not expecting that update to my phone tonight.

beastlyskronk
03-04-2015, 03:38 AM

I don't think so. Alonso doesn't fit what Ryan wants in his lbs. David Harris is a free agent, and Ryan was extremely high on him. Ryans should be cut by philly as well if they want depth behind Nigel bradham. This was an easy move for buffalo. Could also go for rolando McClain

Den615
03-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Bills just traded for Matt Cassel as well. Long term I think Alonso will prove to be the better investment, but the Bills are beginning to have the look of a wild card contender if they can stay healthy.

#24 Next Champ
03-04-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't think so. Alonso doesn't fit what Ryan wants in his lbs. David Harris is a free agent, and Ryan was extremely high on him. Ryans should be cut by philly as well if they want depth behind Nigel bradham. This was an easy move for buffalo. Could also go for rolando McClain

Uhh, I think it more has to do with coming off ACL surgery and how dominant LeSean McCoy can be...imo Alonso is anyone's type of LB...if you can't use him, you're not a good defensive coordinator which obviously Rex is...but there's no guarentee that his knee holds up or allows him to stay as mobile...so combine that with getting such a dynamic RB and it makes it a good move for them

On the flip, if Philly goes and signs CJ Spiller then imo, what a great play by them...Spiller can be almost just as dominant imo and has a gear that McCoy doesn't have...even tho to this point McCoy has been the marginally better RB, Buffalo offensive coaches have been so stupid with Spiller...I've seen what he can do and if used correctly, he can explode in Philly

fallforward3y+
03-05-2015, 02:26 AM
Well BUFF needed an every-down back, but why would you trade a young LB that should have won ROY?

No one needs an every-down back in this day and age imo to have a good run game, their run game was fine. I think they got the losing end of the trade. Although, they still have arguably the best defensive line in the league so their defense may still be fine.

fallforward3y+
03-05-2015, 02:43 AM

The trade of DeShaun Jackson didn't seem to hurt them much, I think Kelly does a pretty good job. The Eagles offense seems to have a leg up on other offenses in terms of their conditioning, and they seem to use that.

I think what McCoy brings to the table that will be the hardest to replace will be his ability to cut back and find open lanes in the back field. They have Sproles, who is probably one of the league's quickest backs in terms of making people miss, however he seems to do that best with screen passes out of the backfield. McCoy is quick, and there are a lot of quick backs however in terms of also having patience and finding cut back lanes in the back field when the play gets bottled up, he seems to be better at that than any back in the league right now.

Of course, that style of running can at times lead to missing out on effective gains you could have because you didn't go for them and went for wider cut back lanes that don't open up.

FL BRONCO
03-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Maybe Rex Ryan got his hands on some old photos of Chip Kelly?

Or maybe they share a FOOT FETISH

FL BRONCO
03-05-2015, 05:39 PM
I can certainly see Chips end. He used what he had to free up cap space and use it to deal with problems on D. Don't blame him there, probably a smart move. And if his player turns out to recover well, he has already added one piece on D and cheap. However, I think I woulda held out for a draft pick too. I think Rex got better end of the deal but I think it could work out very well for both.

Mel B.
03-11-2015, 03:48 AM

I second my emotion!!!

assassin216
03-11-2015, 07:27 AM
The trade of DeShaun Jackson didn't seem to hurt them much, I think Kelly does a pretty good job. The Eagles offense seems to have a leg up on other offenses in terms of their conditioning, and they seem to use that.

I think what McCoy brings to the table that will be the hardest to replace will be his ability to cut back and find open lanes in the back field. They have Sproles, who is probably one of the league's quickest backs in terms of making people miss, however he seems to do that best with screen passes out of the backfield. McCoy is quick, and there are a lot of quick backs however in terms of also having patience and finding cut back lanes in the back field when the play gets bottled up, he seems to be better at that than any back in the league right now.

Of course, that style of running can at times lead to missing out on effective gains you could have because you didn't go for them and went for wider cut back lanes that don't open up.

When the Eagles let D-Jax go...it did hurt them...it clearly showed when teams decided to press the receivers,especially at the end of the year..

fallforward3y+
03-11-2015, 07:41 PM
When the Eagles let D-Jax go...it did hurt them...it clearly showed when teams decided to press the receivers,especially at the end of the year..

In some particular areas, maybe. In terms of their overall offense, it seemed to have very little impact. They were 3rd in points, 5th in yards and 6th in passing yards. In terms of their team, in 2013 they had they same record as they did in 2014.

The only game that their offense scored under 24 points in in their last 4 was SEA, and that's the Seahawks defense. D-Jackson probably wouldn't have helped them do much better, since the deep ball seems to be his main strength, and the Seahawks don't seem to give up very many of those.

Bronco51
03-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Well, since it looks like DeMarco Murray is visiting Philly, it may not have been a bad move. At all.

Sophia23
03-12-2015, 12:23 AM
I hope the Eagles go 2-14 next year …. Chip Kelly's got me all upset with all his changes … they will no longer be my NFC team.

broncoslover115
03-12-2015, 12:39 PM
I hope the Eagles go 2-14 next year …. Chip Kelly's got me all upset with all his changes … they will no longer be my NFC team.

Care to say more Sophia? What do you make of all this? For me it seems really arrogant and foolhardy but I'm an outsider looking in. What are you most upset about?

Bronco51
03-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Well, since it looks like DeMarco Murray is visiting Philly, it may not have been a bad move. At all.

And now they got Murray cheaper than what they paid McCoy. Don't know if that's blind luck, or great organizational management.

TH3JUICEMAN
03-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Bradford/Murray > Foles/McCoy and that's not even considering they got their defensive QB now in Alonso.

At first Chip looked like McD v2, now he's looking pretty smart IMO

Sophia23
03-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Care to say more Sophia? What do you make of all this? For me it seems really arrogant and foolhardy but I'm an outsider looking in. What are you most upset about?

I'm not a Chip Kelly fan. I was unhappy the previous year with the loss of DeSean Jackson. I was irritated to hear about McCoy. I was pissed to hear about Foles, and the loss of Maclin.

I can see where bits and pieces of it make sense, but I just don't like it. McCoy was getting close to retirement, I do understand where they benefit especially to pick up DeMarco Murray - it now appears that was a good move. I don't think Foles fit into Kelly's scheme, since he's more of a pocket passer … but I think he's a great QB and I can't help but want him to excel with Rams …. I don't know I think under different coaching, he could be a great one. Because I've held the Eagles as my NFC team for years …. I was getting more disappointed by the minute with each loss. We'll have to see how it works out next season after Kelly gutting the Team completely …. I couldn't help but want to see him fail with all my favorites leaving, but I'm sure I'll change my tune come football time.

broncoslover115
03-15-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm not a Chip Kelly fan. I was unhappy the previous year with the loss of DeSean Jackson. I was irritated to hear about McCoy. I was pissed to hear about Foles, and the loss of Maclin.

I can see where bits and pieces of it make sense, but I just don't like it. McCoy was getting close to retirement, I do understand where they benefit especially to pick up DeMarco Murray - it now appears that was a good move. I don't think Foles fit into Kelly's scheme, since he's more of a pocket passer … but I think he's a great QB and I can't help but want him to excel with Rams …. I don't know I think under different coaching, he could be a great one. Because I've held the Eagles as my NFC team for years …. I was getting more disappointed by the minute with each loss. We'll have to see how it works out next season after Kelly gutting the Team completely …. I couldn't help but want to see him fail with all my favorites leaving, but I'm sure I'll change my tune come football time.

Yeah, that's what I felt too. He seems incredibly arrogant and that is a trait I just can't tolerate in anyone. He comes off like he thinks he's smarter than everyone. I remember when we played the Eagles a couple of years ago and he was interviewed about his no huddle, uptempo offense and how it compared to Manning and the Broncos no huddle. His answer was something to the effect of, "we'll take them anywhere, I don't care if it's in Denver, Philly or in a school yard parking lot. That did it for me.

I was stunned that he's bringing in players that have a long history of injury and getting rid of guys who were the producers. I still don't believe him that he's not gonna draft Mariota. But we'll see.

You sure sound terribly disappointed about your NFC team and I get it. Hopefully the Broncos are so good this year that it relieves some of that. :D

InsaneBlaze23
03-15-2015, 01:05 PM
With Murray likely hitting the market, maybe Philly feels they can get him.

This was what I figured was the plan from the get go.

fallforward3y+
03-16-2015, 07:32 PM
The McCoy trade likely won't hurt them much. I think their biggest concern is at the QB position, with how Bradford may do for them. I'm not worried about their skill position players, they should be fine there. Cooper is a good receiver, Murray/Matthews/Sproles should make a good group of backs. Their fast paced offense helps give them an edge over defenses imo because it adds a dimension to their game of beating teams due to superior conditioning. Maybe your defense can handle their offense when they aren't tired, however matching them when you are tired is much harder imo. Granted, conditioning alone won't make your offense great imo, however imo it helps them out a lot.

After watching NE in 2013, I try not to underestimate a teams' ability to overcome the loss of players. I remember thinking 'NE overcomes the loss of skill players well, however this may be too much', however then they go 12-4. Granted, most teams likely aren't going to be as good as the Pats at doing that, however underestimating a teams' ability to overcome the loss of players may leave you very surprised, perhaps pleasantly perhaps dissapointedly.

fallforward3y+
03-16-2015, 07:33 PM
This was what I figured was the plan from the get go.

You sir, deserve a cookie, lol.

Sophia23
03-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Yeah, that's what I felt too. He seems incredibly arrogant and that is a trait I just can't tolerate in anyone. He comes off like he thinks he's smarter than everyone. I remember when we played the Eagles a couple of years ago and he was interviewed about his no huddle, uptempo offense and how it compared to Manning and the Broncos no huddle. His answer was something to the effect of, "we'll take them anywhere, I don't care if it's in Denver, Philly or in a school yard parking lot. That did it for me.

I was stunned that he's bringing in players that have a long history of injury and getting rid of guys who were the producers. I still don't believe him that he's not gonna draft Mariota. But we'll see.

You sure sound terribly disappointed about your NFC team and I get it. Hopefully the Broncos are so good this year that it relieves some of that. :D

Thank you … we're on the same page with Chip Kelly … we'll have to wait and see how it all works out I guess.