PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow working out with the Eagles

Pages : [1] 2 3

ELWAY421
03-16-2015, 11:59 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/16/8226523/tim-tebow-working-out-with-eagles-per-report

That old Chip is keeping busy this off season.

Jermz79
03-16-2015, 12:13 PM
for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is they are doing in Philly????

first they trade McCoy
then they sign 14,523 RB's
Trade Foles for Bradford

and now they are working out Teblow!?

If none of this actually works out, do we see Chip get fired during the season?

ELWAY421
03-16-2015, 12:24 PM
I still think he's gonna try to trade Bradford. As far as him getting fired? I'm not sure, but I could see the Eagles taking away his roster authority for sure. Lol....

SecondsAway131
03-16-2015, 12:25 PM
I honestly don't see the big deal. They're just working the guy out. People are acting like Chip has already signed him.

If he looks good, give him a cheap deal. He'd still have to make it through TC. If not, don't offer him anything.

dandaman23
03-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Kind of funny he has his workout with them on 3/16...

EddieMac
03-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Tebow 3:16 says I just worked out for the Eagles....

Bronco51
03-16-2015, 01:06 PM
And it took an hour for them to go, oh yeah, that's why he was in the tv booth.

ELWAY421
03-16-2015, 01:34 PM
I honestly don't see the big deal. They're just working the guy out. People are acting like Chip has already signed him.

If he looks good, give him a cheap deal. He'd still have to make it through TC. If not, don't offer him anything.

I haven't seen anyone acting like they've already signed him? It's just news man, nothing more. To be honest, I think it's cool he got a workout, good for him. I kind of feel like he was somewhat black balled from the league. Not saying he's even third string, but I am saying there's worse QB's in the league right now.

HUMCALC
03-16-2015, 01:54 PM
He knows the offense and Riley Cooper very well. Plus when he threw for the NYJ he was 8/10 & all 10 were catchable

FL BRONCO
03-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Good for TT. He has had plenty of time to work on things and get better. I hope he gets a shot somewhere. Go TT:salute: Definitely a hard worker and gave all he had for us not too mention very classy individual. Really hope it leads to something for him:salute::salute:

Maharishineo
03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is they are doing in Philly????

first they trade McCoy
then they sign 14,523 RB's
Trade Foles for Bradford

and now they are working out Teblow!?

If none of this actually works out, do we see Chip get fired during the season?

Foles isn't a significant upgrade over Sanchez. Based on his time at Oklahoma, Bradford could be. Let's not forget that a poor line, lackluster weapons, and QB buster defenses your division will make anybody look bad. Nevermind the Eagles health program, maybe the best in the league, a healthy Bradford has more upside than Foles and Sanchez on the bench means the downside is almost negated.

They signed DeMarco and Mathews for the same price as McCoy and netted a high-ceiling LB in the process. Once again, forgetting their health program, even assuming Murray is injured, you can definitely make the case Mathews and Alonso > McCoy.

Way I see it, lots of upside and minimal risk.

L.M.
03-16-2015, 02:59 PM
By Nicki Jhabvala
The Denver Post
UPDATED 2:04 p.m MT:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2h 2 hours ago

Tim Tebow has come and gone from Philadelphia. Team is not planning to sign him at this time. We'll see if anything changes.

You read that correctly.

Tim Tebow, the former Broncos quarterback turned SEC analyst, showcased his skills for Eagles coach Chip Kelly, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3h 3 hours ago

Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed.

Tebow has made it known that he’s been eager to get back in the league, and over the last couple of years, he’s worked out with former Major League pitcher Tom House to improve his technique.

House was on The Sports Show last week to discuss Tebow’s drive to land an NFL roster spot — and what held him back when he was a pro.

“Everyone who worked with Tim helped him in the short term, but he didn’t have a chance to get enough repetition to actually facilitate a change,” House said on the show. “I think this time he has. The numbers are there. He’s probably had 10,000 reps. He’s been working out with us on a regular basis for a couple of years.”

House said that helping Tebow with his accuracy and spin was “easy to fix” but refused to make any claims about the quarterback’s decision-making, something he was faulted for in his short time in the NFL.

“The other things you’re talking about — his ability to read and make decisions — that’s outside my pay grade so to speak,” House said.

So far, nothing has come of the workout …but another surprising quarterback move may not be so surprising from Kelly, who has generated plenty of headlines in the last week alone. Kelly traded quarterback Nick Foles to St. Louis for Sam Bradford minutes before the official start of free agency last week. Some are convinced Kelly plans to trade Bradford again to try to draft Oregon’s Marcus Mariota.

Working out Tebow, a quarterback few expected would be capable of an NFL return, only adds more questions about Kelly’s plan.

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS 3h 3 hours ago

Have to give Tebow credit for hanging onto his dream. I still think I can win an Academy Award some day too

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/03/16/tim-tebow-said-to-have-worked-out-for-philadelphia-eagles/32940/

I had read that he also hired Vinny Testaverde to help his throwing technique a couple of years ago. He's relentless and maybe he's actually gotten better. I still think he should go to Jacksonville and help them to at least sell tickets and fill their stadium.

Houshmazode
03-16-2015, 03:34 PM
He knows the offense and Riley Cooper very well. Plus when he threw for the NYJ he was 8/10 & all 10 were catchable
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5032729eeab8ea9902000000/tebow-1.gif

Dennis.1960
03-16-2015, 03:49 PM
I like the guy and am glad he's getting a tryout, maybe more will follow...maybe he's good enough to make a team, maybe not but he sure made 2011 the most fun Bronco season I had since Jake the Snake. I'll never forget that Bear game comeback and the TD pass to DT to beat the Steelers in OT. Best of luck TT :salute:

-Rod-
03-16-2015, 04:23 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/03/16/tim-tebow-is-working-out-for-eagles-chip-kelly/

“I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want a quarterback who can beat you with his arm,” Kelly said at a coaches clinic isaid at a coaches’ clinic. “We are not a Tim Tebow type of quarterback team. I am not going to run my quarterback 20 times on power runs.”

Weird, huh?

HUMCALC
03-16-2015, 04:27 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/03/16/tim-tebow-is-working-out-for-eagles-chip-kelly/

Weird, huh?

Maybe if Tebow's WRs could actually hang onto the ball

HUMCALC
03-16-2015, 04:28 PM

I just wrote what I read

ELWAY421
03-16-2015, 05:12 PM

Lol, come on Housh. At least he could get it out to the sideline. Hahahah...

HUMCALC
03-16-2015, 05:15 PM

Yeah, he didn't take a sack or throw an INT

-Rod-
03-16-2015, 06:29 PM
I must admit I would like to see Tebow in Kubiak's offense. His mobility in the bootlegs and the deep throws would be interesting. He runs better than Plummer and throws the deep ball better than Plummer. I don't believe he will ever improve his mechanics, at least not when the bullets are flying, but I think his biggest weakness is reading defenses and going through progressions, so Kubiak has a system that - like RGIII with Shanahan - allows the QB to read half the field.

HUMCALC
03-16-2015, 06:38 PM
I must admit I would like to see Tebow in Kubiak's offense. His mobility in the bootlegs and the deep throws would be interesting. He runs better than Plummer and throws the deep ball better than Plummer. I don't believe he will ever improve his mechanics, at least not when the bullets are flying, but I think his biggest weakness is reading defenses and going through progressions, so Kubiak has a system that - like RGIII with Shanahan - allows the QB to read half the field.

THANK YOU! I wanted that offense all along with him, instead of just the option. The bootleg would have won the game against KC to say the least. It would have suited him to a T

broncos SB2010
03-16-2015, 07:34 PM
THANK YOU! I wanted that offense all along with him, instead of just the option. The bootleg would have won the game against KC to say the least. It would have suited him to a T

sorry...any offense that requires consistent passing doesn't suit Tebow........

BroncoFanDK
03-17-2015, 06:02 AM

http://www.google.dk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=7&ved=0CDcQuAIwBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F09000d5d8243b64f%2FTebow-s-game-winning-drive&ei=fCQIVf7qB-L5yQOj6ID4Ag&usg=AFQjCNFXduz6R3zcHP6Rje1DRToepBNTGA&sig2=1tPb7TYDt32mnefl2FXaYA&bvm=bv.88198703,d.bGQ&cad=rja

Yes this is horrible!

Spice 1
03-17-2015, 07:12 AM

Too bad he didn't get signed. Would've been a fierce quarterback competition.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1796357/handsome_mark_fumble.gif

Bronco51
03-17-2015, 07:14 AM
sorry...any offense that requires consistent passing doesn't suit Tebow........

Wait...what? You mean 48% ain't a good percentage?

EddieMac
03-17-2015, 07:26 AM

It is for a MLB hitter :D

-Rod-
03-17-2015, 07:26 AM

Depends. Tebow had 48% throwing deep passes, many times with only 2 receivers running routes, while other QBs have 60% throwing screen passes and slants.

Bronco51
03-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Depends. Tebow had 48% throwing deep passes, many times with only 2 receivers running routes, while other QBs have 60% throwing screen passes and slants.

Well, if he could prove he could hit a slant or screen or any other short route at a 60% accuracy, he would be playing.

-Rod-
03-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Well, if he could prove he could hit a slant or screen or any other short route at a 60% accuracy, he would be playing.

I disagree. When a young QB's only season as a starter (in his 2nd year) includes a playoff win against the #1 defense with 316 passing yards and such QB is out of the league while GMs sign guys like Ryan Lindley, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder, I'd say Tebow is not playing because of other factors not related to performance and/or potential.

Bronco51
03-17-2015, 07:48 AM
I disagree. When a young QB's only season as a starter (in his 2nd year) includes a playoff win against the #1 defense with 316 passing yards and such QB is out of the league while GMs sign guys like Ryan Lindley, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder, I'd say Tebow is not playing because of other factors not related to performance and/or potential.

That is a tired excuse by now. It's been two years. If he could help a team win, he would be playing. His lack of skills at a professional level for a quarterback is what keeps him out of the league. Philly runs the exact type of offense Tebow would excel in if he was any good. Coaches have taken a look and said no. Conspiracy theories are played out. With Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson and the other issues the league has had recently, having Tebow's character would be refreshing. It's just the issue of playing QB at a high level that's holding him back.

InsaneBlaze23
03-17-2015, 07:59 AM
That is a tired excuse by now. It's been two years. If he could help a team win, he would be playing. His lack of skills at a professional level for a quarterback is what keeps him out of the league. Philly runs the exact type of offense Tebow would excel in if he was any good. Coaches have taken a look and said no. Conspiracy theories are played out. With Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson and the other issues the league has had recently, having Tebow's character would be refreshing. It's just the issue of playing QB at a high level that's holding him back.

I agree with this. If anything his non-football related character traits is the one thing players, coaches, fans, and former players and coaches always mention being the best part of them. His personality, his leadership, his strong beliefs plays a part in his character. Teams dont just want a good leader, they want a QB who they can rely on against top QB's, a QB who can competite in shootout style games. When you see Rogers vs Brady, you expect shootout. If you see Tebow vs Rodgers....well the Packers is gonna win that game.

My point is, you cant rely on Tebow's arm to get you a win. With him you relying on hid run ability and short yardage attempts....which are also inaccurate at times.

Tebow's a great guy, he has talent, and if a te has an offense that best suits his style, they should sign him. If not, move on.

Spice 1
03-17-2015, 08:16 AM

I think it's a combination of things. While I do think that Tebow could be a better option than what some teams have at backup, there is a certain level of distraction that comes with signing him. At that point, it's probably not worth it. Peterson is a potential HOFer and guaranteed to produce as a starter, so there's no worries as to whether or not he's worth it. The other thing is that you have to cater your offense to him, and I don't think many teams are willing to invest that much into a guy who is likely not going to be your primary option at quarterback.

You have to at least admit that it was proven, albeit in a small sample size, that Tebow in his offense was a better option than a Kyle Orton. Maybe it wasn't all about reading defenses, and throwing the ball with consistent accuracy. The intangibles may have played a role in his success.

Bronco51
03-17-2015, 08:42 AM
I think it's a combination of things. While I do think that Tebow could be a better option than what some teams have at backup, there is a certain level of distraction that comes with signing him. At that point, it's probably not worth it. Peterson is a potential HOFer and guaranteed to produce as a starter, so there's no worries as to whether or not he's worth it. The other thing is that you have to cater your offense to him, and I don't think many teams are willing to invest that much into a guy who is likely not going to be your primary option at quarterback.

You have to at least admit that it was proven, albeit in a small sample size, that Tebow in his offense was a better option than a Kyle Orton. Maybe it wasn't all about reading defenses, and throwing the ball with consistent accuracy. The intangibles may have played a role in his success.

All good points, but you would also have to admit that it speaks volumes that the coach that drafted him had a chance to get him in New England, they brought him in, and said no thanks. And this is a staff who is arrogant enough to think they can make every player work for them.

-Rod-
03-17-2015, 09:19 AM
If he could help a team win, he would be playing.

Such logic assumes GMs never fail and all players worthy of being in the NFL already are in the NFL. Which is not the case. Not one NFL team wanted to sign Cameron Wake until he dominated in the CFL for 2 seasons. Kurt Warner had to play arena football and was bagging groceries because no one in the NFL thought he could play QB. And even when the Rams signed him, he was a backup and he had to wait for an injury to get his shot. There is prejudice. Michael Sam is a clear example. There are worse players than him on pratice squads. I can understand and agree with Tebow not being a starter in the league, but he is better than 3rd-string QBs and the league does not even want to develop him. My issue with Tebow is his refusal to play in other leagues like Wake, Warner and others did, which makes me question how much he really loves the game versus loving the spotlight.

InsaneBlaze23
03-17-2015, 10:13 AM
I think he does love the spotlight more than the game itself. I was thinking of it while watching Mike & Mike. If you love football so much, why not play in other leagues? Its better to be in others leagues, making money, keeping your skill sharp and growing as a QB than to sit behind a desk talking about football.

Maybe NFL teams would be more interested in signing him if he had been working on his game while playing in other leagues.

The light doesnt shine bright in the CFL, but NFL scouts are watching.

samparnell
03-17-2015, 12:09 PM
I think he does love the spotlight more than the game itself. I was thinking of it while watching Mike & Mike. If you love football so much, why not play in other leagues? Its better to be in others leagues, making money, keeping your skill sharp and growing as a QB than to sit behind a desk talking about football.

Maybe NFL teams would be more interested in signing him if he had been working on his game while playing in other leagues.

The light doesnt shine bright in the CFL, but NFL scouts are watching.

Sure. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Joe Theismann, Joe Kapp, Tobin Rote, Frank Tripucka, et al.

InsaneBlaze23
03-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Sure. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Joe Theismann, Joe Kapp, Tobin Rote, Frank Tripucka, et al.

Exactly. Avoiding what can end up being the door way just hurts Tim.

FL BRONCO
03-17-2015, 02:09 PM
All good points, but you would also have to admit that it speaks volumes that the coach that drafted him had a chance to get him in New England, they brought him in, and said no thanks. And this is a staff who is arrogant enough to think they can make every player work for them.

Wasn't JMcD call, he is coach not Head Coach

Bronco51
03-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Wasn't JMcD call, he is coach not Head Coach

Come on man, if McD would have said we can make him a weapon, he would have been on the Patriots now. Head coaches do take input from their coordinators on those type of things. They gave him a training camp to prove himself.

FL BRONCO
03-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Come on man, if McD would have said we can make him a weapon, he would have been on the Patriots now. Head coaches do take input from their coordinators on those type of things. They gave him a training camp to prove himself.

IMO its a Cmon man the opposite. You arent prevy to what goes on with the Patriots coaches.You are jumping the gun imo if you think just because one of BB coaches wanted a player he'd definitely be on the team. BB already had the qb and back up qb he wanted on the team, running an offense that I don't think TT could have picked up overnight. I'm sure he was brought in at JMcD's request but if you think that BB won't say no to a coach underneath him about any move including players, I'd have to say I think you are off. Head coaches, atleast most I"m sure, do take input from coaches. But they make their own decisions for their team. Thats why they are called Head Coach.

Bronco51
03-17-2015, 04:22 PM
IMO its a Cmon man the opposite. You arent prevy to what goes on with the Patriots coaches.You are jumping the gun imo if you think just because one of BB coaches wanted a player he'd definitely be on the team. BB already had the qb and back up qb he wanted on the team, running an offense that I don't think TT could have picked up overnight. I'm sure he was brought in at JMcD's request but if you think that BB won't say no to a coach underneath him about any move including players, I'd have to say I think you are off. Head coaches, atleast most I"m sure, do take input from coaches. But they make their own decisions for their team. Thats why they are called Head Coach.

Why was he brought in to camp then? And , why did he not make the team?

EddieMac
03-17-2015, 04:24 PM
I lol at where this thread has gone. So many years later, on and off a couple of teams since, and now out of football but the letters TT still lead to arguments here . :D

CoryWinget81
03-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Really, guys? Really? We're still gonna beat the drum for Tebow?

Dude couldn't play dead in a western.

FL BRONCO
03-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Why was he brought in to camp then? And , why did he not make the team?

Already answered what my opinion on that is if you read post.

FL BRONCO
03-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Really, guys? Really? We're still gonna beat the drum for Tebow?

Dude couldn't play dead in a western.

LMAO--------Post of the thread I nearly spit up my drink, cps for that one. Thanks I needed a good laugh

I don't exactly want him back in Denver but I still am rooting for him and hope he has improved and gets another shot. I do agree though if he wanted it bad enough he should go elsewhere and play where he can improve and get noticed or pick a different position.

Rollin Smack
03-18-2015, 05:17 PM
The Broncos should sign Tebow as a 4th and short pooch punter, the defense wouldn't be committed to the return as they would fear the run or the play action. Probably one of three positive things would happen.

1) first down on 4th and short
2) a punt without a return because of lack of commitment to return, fear of the run or play action.
3) great punt because of no return man back for the return

broncos SB2010
03-18-2015, 05:33 PM
The Broncos should sign Tebow as a 4th and short pooch punter, the defense wouldn't be committed to the return as they would fear the run or the play action. Probably one of three positive things would happen.

2) a punt without a return because of lack of commitment to return, fear of the run or play action.

....and cut who????

Houshmazode
03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
....and cut who????
The guy that squirts water in the players' mouths when they come off the field. Tim can do that, too.

samparnell
03-18-2015, 05:40 PM

That's a blast from the past. In Glenn Warner's playbook there were twelve plays from Punt Formation and only one of them was Punt.

In this scenario, what position would Timmy play besides Special Punter?

Bterres105
03-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Orrrrr we can trick him by telling him he'll be a QB, but we'll use his mobility strictly on 4th and short as well as 4th and goal plays.

Taos_Broncomaniac
03-18-2015, 05:50 PM
In before the lock! :D

I always liked Timmy, it was the Teebsters and the media that wrecked things, I wish him well.

broncoslover115
03-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Let's not and say we did.

Rancid
03-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Tebow? Really?

The guy is like a booger you can't get off your finger that never goes away. C'mon!

broncoslover115
03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Tebow? Really?

The guy is like a booger you can't get off your finger that never goes away. C'mon!

Boogers!!! Haha :laugh:

Or the houseguest that never leaves!

Remedy
03-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Forget the cat...

the tebow came backkkkk the very next day!

broncos SB2010
03-18-2015, 06:27 PM
The guy that squirts water in the players' mouths when they come off the field. Tim can do that, too.

not sure if he could make that throw either or remember the play. Those were Tebow's biggest issues. accuracy and mental ability. He couldn't remember the plays called and couldn't read a defense fast enough to audible into another play.

FL BRONCO
03-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Ahh I'd almost forgot what a tebow troll smelled like.....there it is again....the memories

FL BRONCO
03-18-2015, 06:35 PM

He'd hit the chin

captainbronco
03-18-2015, 06:39 PM
He'd hit the chin

Or the ground...:laugh:

denver11tebow
03-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Or the ground...:laugh:
Unless it was in the 4th quarter. Then it's straight cash

Papa-pwn
03-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Love Tebow, one of my favorite players ever and a fantastic person all around. However your idea is terrible for two reasons.

One, a team does not sign a player for one specific scenario. There's just not enough roster spots to be that frivolous.

Two, Tebow deserves a much better opportunity than that. It is a shame that he carries along such a media circus, otherwise the guy could be starting for several teams, now and the last few years.

samparnell
03-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Timmy should have played in Canada.

kishzilla
03-18-2015, 07:19 PM
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/Airhammer2/Funny%20Pics/Gifs/Abandon_Thread.gif

#24 Next Champ
03-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Had one of the most fun seasons ever with him as our QB...I'd prefer Rivers next year or another option...but I definitely wouldn't hate signing him as 2nd string or to compete....guy gets total unwarranted hate when he took a 2-5 team to the playoffs and won vs Pittsburgh, lighting it up with DT

BANJOPICKER1
03-18-2015, 08:01 PM

Ok, thats funny...:D No offense to Tebowers..:salute:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!:goz:
CP to ya when I can..

bronx_2003
03-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Tebow is not an NFL QB.. That's why he's been out of football so long. Plenty of college QB's can't make the transition and if he wasn't such a big name he would of drifted away like so many have.

It was a fun season with him though

cdumler7
03-19-2015, 09:02 AM
The DenverPost has a good article about him. Hate him as a player, don't like his religious views, but I think just about everybody has to admit the guy is doing some good in this world. I don't think there are many who can bring UFC fighters to tears but hard not to with stories like this...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/03/19/tim-tebow-almost-makes-ufc-fighter-brendan-schaub-cry/32971/

Rollin Smack
03-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Didn't know he couldn't remember the play he called, that's not good. But the defense wouldn't be happy, remember Elway used to pooch put once and a while. He could also be a blocking tight end.

Rollin Smack
03-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Also agree with papa pwn

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Didn't know he couldn't remember the play he called, that's not good. But the defense wouldn't be happy, remember Elway used to pooch put once and a while. He could also be a blocking tight end.

lots of people thought he should have switched to TE or FB. if he had, he might still be playing somewhere.

Justblaze2729
03-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Kinda funny that some of the Manning detractors are fans of tebow as a QB :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bronx_2003
03-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Never understood the 'move' Tebow idea. There are bigger and stronger FB's and TE's coming out of college who have played the position all their life and know how to block. Why try and move someone there

#24 Next Champ
03-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Never understood the 'move' Tebow idea. There are bigger and stronger FB's and TE's coming out of college who have played the position all their life and know how to block. Why try and move someone there

Exactly, never made sense to me at all either

Also never heard he couldn't remember the plays...idk if people like to make stuff up but I never heard that

broncolee
03-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Kelly should be fined and suspended for four games for trolling everybody with his workout of Tebow.😛

There's no way anyone should sign him just to be a gimmick. That makes no sense.

If he can't play quarterback than he belongs on the SEC Network where he's been.

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Exactly, never made sense to me at all either

Also never heard he couldn't remember the plays...idk if people like to make stuff up but I never heard that

look it up.............

#24 Next Champ
03-19-2015, 01:02 PM
look it up.............

Link it man lol I didn't make the claim

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 01:07 PM

people change positions all the time:

QB to RB
QB to WR
CB to WR
WR to CB
Dline to Oline

people are just more apt at a different position in the NFL for one reason or other. It would have been no different for Tebow. Many people knew by watching him that he wouldn't be a very good QB but had much higher potential at other positions.

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Link it man lol I didn't make the claim

you not believing isn't worth my time..........

#24 Next Champ
03-19-2015, 01:09 PM
you not believing isn't worth my time..........

Nice....

bronx_2003
03-19-2015, 01:10 PM
people change positions all the time:

QB to RB
QB to WR
CB to WR
WR to CB
Dline to Oline

people are just more apt at a different position in the NFL for one reason or other. It would have been no different for Tebow. Many people knew by watching him that he wouldn't be a very good QB but had much higher potential at other positions.

I know but there's very few examples of that working in the NFL... And I just never saw Tebow as a good enough athlete to play another position

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
I know but there's very few examples of that working in the NFL... And I just never saw Tebow as a good enough athlete to play another position

sure there are. Dennard Robinson is one. College QB who broke out last year as a RB. There aren't a lot but enough to say it can be done. Hines ward is another example off the top of my head.

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Nice....

you are the potential GM, thought it should be easy for you......

#24 Next Champ
03-19-2015, 01:28 PM
you are the potential GM, thought it should be easy for you......

....yeah that makes sense

broncos SB2010
03-19-2015, 01:29 PM
....yeah that makes sense

agreed

GrizzlyB
03-19-2015, 04:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9318760/how-media-mania-made-former-nfl-quarterback-tim-tebow-impossible-hire-espn-magazine

But of course, his inability to learn a playbook doesn't mean that the Cardinals shouldn't have picked him up three weeks before their playoff run, isn't that right, Mr. Master GM? Steve Keim better WATCH HISSELF.

#24 Next Champ
03-19-2015, 10:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9318760/how-media-mania-made-former-nfl-quarterback-tim-tebow-impossible-hire-espn-magazine

But of course, his inability to learn a playbook doesn't mean that the Cardinals shouldn't have picked him up three weeks before their playoff run, isn't that right, Mr. Master GM? Steve Keim better WATCH HISSELF.

Oh yeah Lindley was such a better option...

And if I had been in Keim's shoes they'd have Bridgewater (instead of a safety Deon Buchanon) anyways so they wouldn't have even been in that situation, they'd be looking at a very bright future...but as a side note, I really like what Keim has done this offseason....so, say what you want dude

beastlyskronk
03-20-2015, 03:31 AM

Not many tes coming out are stronger than tebow.

BroncoFanDK
03-20-2015, 05:39 AM
not sure if he could make that throw either or remember the play. Those were Tebow's biggest issues. accuracy and mental ability. He couldn't remember the plays called and couldn't read a defense fast enough to audible into another play.

No, Tebow's biggest issues were:

that the coach that had a vision and the ability to develop him got fired
that Elway (for good reason) would rather have Manning
that Tebow was too popular to back up a QB that struggled
that no one is really sure whether Tebow is gold or fools gold
that haters will hate everyone associated
that the ones that love the religious stuff hates every one that treats him like any other QB
that he throws the worst 5 yard passes imaginable while being pretty good at the 20 yarders
with Foxy TT would not have developed - but I would have loved Kubes with TT

Tebow knew his limitations and did not push the envelope. It is not unusual that the Patriots show up opposing QB's. Manning was lucky to first face Brady in his 4th season -and the 2011 Broncos did better than the 2001 Colts, and an extra thing also better than the 2014 Colts. The Manning and Luck led Colts have been humiliated again and again, and our Broncos have not fared that well either.

People are extremely harsh on a QB that lost the HC that believed in him, had no TC, did not get the reps, got traded and asked to bulk up .... Which QB does not have any stinkers in his first 16 games? Elway sure had his share, I don't assume that Manning looked pretty in the 3-13 season... Cutler led the Broncos to 6 points against the Chargers in two games in 2007...

We got to see a young QB play a lot better than the haterate crowd liked... As Bronco fans we should cherish that exciting time!

broncos SB2010
03-20-2015, 05:48 AM

that the ones that love the religious stuff hates every one that treats him like any other QB
that he throws the worst 5 yard passes imaginable while being pretty good at the 20 yarders

Tebow knew his limitations and did not push the envelope. It is not unusual that the Patriots show up opposing QB's. Manning was lucky to first face Brady in his 4th season -and the 2011 Broncos did better than the 2001 Colts, and an extra thing also better than the 2014 Colts. The Manning and Luck led Colts have been humiliated again and again, and our Broncos have not fared that well either.

People are extremely harsh on a QB that lost the HC that believed in him, had no TC, did not get the reps, got traded and asked to bulk up .... Which QB does not have any stinkers in his first 16 games? Elway sure had his share, I don't assume that Manning looked pretty in the 3-13 season... Cutler led the Broncos to 6 points against the Chargers in two games in 2007...

We got to see a young QB play a lot better than the haterate crowd liked... As Bronco fans we should cherish that exciting time!

Then way didn't he stick with the patriots when they had him on their roster.........

...no...we are sure..........

JayJack
03-20-2015, 05:55 AM

No way in the world could I cherish those times.....way to many near death experiences. Thank God those days are done!!!!!!

FlowdaBroncoFan
03-20-2015, 06:23 AM
No way in the world could I cherish those times.....way to many near death experiences. Thank God those days are done!!!!!!

I loved it. The excitement was at an all time high then. That win against the Bears, and then against the Jets, and Steelers were so exciting. I loved that season.

samparnell
03-20-2015, 06:35 AM
I loved it. The excitement was at an all time high then. That win against the Bears, and then against the Jets, and Steelers were so exciting. I loved that season.

Sure. There were four games that went to OT that year (all wins) including a playoff game. Three other games were decided by a FG or less.

It was very interesting for me from a football point-of-view because the Broncos used more different kinds of run plays from more different formations than any team at any level during one season of which I am aware.

BroncoFanDK
03-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Then way didn't he stick with the patriots when they had him on their roster.........

If your general purpose is to tear down what a very young QB with a lousy support system did in Denver, then ok! Since Patriots do not carry 3 QB's most years, and I don't think you imagine that Tebow should challenge Brady, then lets give it another crack.

Would you want Mallett or Tebow as your backup - well. Tebow's style is so unconventional that he probably has very little value running the scout team. Par that with Mallett being a fairly solid player in the Cassel mold. Tebow would probably be a better backup in terms of going into a game and winning, but if he does not help you win the rest, his value is less. And.... they were hoping to get draft picks for Mallett.

Let me give you a better argument against Tebow - that is Pats spending a 2nd round pick on Grappolo when they could just have brought Tebow back? Pats are about winning now WITH BRADY AT QB, so even if Tebow played like in 2010-11 where is it really that he makes Patriots better while Brady is there and healthy?

I guess that you must have hated Elway at QB - to me Tebow played Broncos Football - ugly, gritty, bite, scratch out victories. Watching Manning is somehow feels like I am watching great football games but that by a team that does not stir my emotions.

Elway
Plummer
Tebow

were my guys - they stunk up the joint at times but never ever gave in!

broncos SB2010
03-20-2015, 08:59 AM
If your general purpose is to tear down what a very young QB with a lousy support system did in Denver, then ok! Since Patriots do not carry 3 QB's most years, and I don't think you imagine that Tebow should challenge Brady, then lets give it another crack.

Would you want Mallett or Tebow as your backup - well. Tebow's style is so unconventional that he probably has very little value running the scout team. Par that with Mallett being a fairly solid player in the Cassel mold. Tebow would probably be a better backup in terms of going into a game and winning, but if he does not help you win the rest, his value is less. And.... they were hoping to get draft picks for Mallett.

Let me give you a better argument against Tebow - that is Pats spending a 2nd round pick on Grappolo when they could just have brought Tebow back? Pats are about winning now WITH BRADY AT QB, so even if Tebow played like in 2010-11 where is it really that he makes Patriots better while Brady is there and healthy?

I guess that you must have hated Elway at QB - to me Tebow played Broncos Football - ugly, gritty, bite, scratch out victories. Watching Manning is somehow feels like I am watching great football games but that by a team that does not stir my emotions.

Elway
Plummer
Tebow

were my guys - they stunk up the joint at times but never ever gave in!

say what you want, believe what you want. The fact is tebow is NOT a good QB and has so many deficiencies it is hard to see how he got drafted so high, if at all. Even in the games they won, in most of them...they won in spite of tebow playing badly, not because he played so well.

BroncoFanDK
03-20-2015, 09:38 AM

say what you want, believe what you want. The fact is tebow is NOT a good QB and has so many deficiencies it is hard to see how he got drafted so high, if at all. Even in the games they won, in most of them...they won in spite of tebow playing badly, not because he played so well.

Ditto!

The real facts are that Tebow last he started was nowhere close to being a finished product. He had a lot of flaws but also a lot of strengths. He showed flashed of brilliance and flashes of ineptitude, but lets visit our Broncos history and the story for other teams:

Would you take Brock over Tebow?
What about Orton?
Brady Quinn????
Chris Simms?
Were you sold on Cutler, because I sure would prefer Tebow?
What about Griese? Would you rather have him than Tebow?
What about Maddox?
What about Kubes?

In what Tebow brought to the franchise he revived a team that was soft, had given up and was going to tank - win the suck for Luck race. John Fox after the Bears game told that the success was a team success, but that Tebow was the catalyst for the change. In Orton's last 27 games we had 6 wins - 22%. With Tebow that became 57%, in spite of Orton being a vastly superior passer.

Aside from Kapernick, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, no QB drafted from 2010 and on have had more team success, and none other than Luck has done it with a team with as many issues.

broncos SB2010
03-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Ditto!

The real facts are that Tebow last he started was nowhere close to being a finished product. He had a lot of flaws but also a lot of strengths. He showed flashed of brilliance and flashes of ineptitude, but lets visit our Broncos history and the story for other teams:

Would you take Brock over Tebow?
What about Orton?
Brady Quinn????
Chris Simms?
Were you sold on Cutler, because I sure would prefer Tebow?
What about Griese? Would you rather have him than Tebow?
What about Maddox?
What about Kubes?

In what Tebow brought to the franchise he revived a team that was soft, had given up and was going to tank - win the suck for Luck race. John Fox after the Bears game told that the success was a team success, but that Tebow was the catalyst for the change. In Orton's last 27 games we had 6 wins - 22%. With Tebow that became 57%, in spite of Orton being a vastly superior passer.

Aside from Kapernick, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, no QB drafted from 2010 and on have had more team success, and none other than Luck has done it with a team with as many issues.

I wouldn't take Tebow at all to play QB. He can't throw, can't read a defense, and can't remember plays...all criteria for a QB. The only thing he can do is run. He should have tried to switch to FB, imo.

Den615
03-20-2015, 11:10 AM
http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/the-curious-case-of-tim-tebow

Very interesting insight on Tebow from Brady Quinn. Worth the read if you get the chance.

broncos SB2010
03-20-2015, 11:53 AM

Very interesting insight on Tebow from Brady Quinn. Worth the read if you get the chance.

That was a good article and basically sums up what many have said. Tebow's play was subpar even in some of the wins and he couldn't adjust to defenses. Doing the wrong thing yet being successful anyway because you make an athletic play works often in college, sometimes in the NFL, but you can't make a career out of it.

FL BRONCO
03-20-2015, 12:50 PM

Nice read thanks, cps

flosstein
03-20-2015, 12:56 PM

What cracks me up about your post is I've always said he reminds me of "Bobby Boucher". If u look at some of his ends one celebrations it look like he's saying, "slap hands! Slap hands!" Amongst other funny similarities.

broncos SB2010
03-20-2015, 01:21 PM
What cracks me up about your post is I've always said he reminds me of "Bobby Boucher". If u look at some of his ends one celebrations it look like he's saying, "slap hands! Slap hands!" Amongst other funny similarities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui7gL3PzG0U

Dennis.1960
03-20-2015, 02:53 PM

Me too...that season was the most fun I had since Jake the Snake :salute:

EddieMac
03-20-2015, 03:48 PM
I'll give it that, it was an epic season..... Enough so I have a dog named Tebow to remember it!

He can't throw or Catch either but he can sure run!

Hadez
03-21-2015, 08:14 AM
lots of people thought he should have switched to TE or FB. if he had, he might still be playing somewhere.

I am sure Tebow had his reasons for never playing TE RB or whatever but I agree with you. If he was willing to play different roles a team would have found reasons to keep him.

Someone should have told him about Kordell Stewart. Playing different roles allowed him another opportunity to play QB

Butler By'Note
03-21-2015, 04:25 PM

Rod Smith was a college QB and often the Broncos emergency QB.
Julian Edelman was a college QB
There was a player (his name slips my mind at the moment, Corey Joseph?) who was a college QB played starting safety for the Seahawks for a few years and then decided to come to Canada to play QB, was a decent CFL QB.
Lots of examples of college QBs who successfully switched to other positions and played well in the NFL, this are just 3 off the top of my head.

EDIT: Just remembered Hines Ward, there was another Steelers receiver, actually they've had several WRs who were college QBs.

broncolee
03-21-2015, 04:45 PM
There's no real reason to discuss Tebow switching positions. We're talking about a guy who changed high schools so he could play quarterback. He didn't switch because he doesn't want to switch. Obviously football isn't important enough to him to switch positions.

bronx_2003
03-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Smith might have played a little qb in college but was a receiver mainly and broke receiving records at missouri southern.

I'll give u Edelman.

Ward played a little QB in his sophomore year but was mainly a receiver for 3 years

It happens but its rare

BroncoFanDK
03-21-2015, 05:23 PM

Very interesting take by Brady Quinn - another QB hoping for the same spots Tebow hopes for. There is much interesting insight in the text, but chucking the losses to ex. the patriots down to anything but bringing a knife to a gunfight is just pathetic.

I am quite sure that Brady Quinn himself made a few missed reads in his 1-7 season with the Chiefs, and missed a few when he helped Doom get the 2009 sack record. Resorting to tearing down game winning plays becomes a bit empty when it is people that could not themselves have delivered in the clutch.

The bizare thing is that people repeatedly tear down Tebow, when in fact the results created with him at the helm were quite unique - also in historic perspective. It is sad that these QB's were on rosters and that Tebow is sitting at home with his bible. He blows the socks of all these - Curtis Painter and Jimmy Clausen has backup jobs - why?

GS W L T
Jake Locker 23 9 14 0 0.391
Kellen Clemens 21 8 13 0 0.381
Drew Stanton 12 7 5 0 0.583
Colt McCoy 25 7 18 0 0.280
Teddy Bridgewater 12 6 6 0 0.500
E.J. Manuel 15 6 9 0 0.400
Bruce Gradkowski 20 6 14 0 0.300
Mike Glennon 18 5 13 0 0.278
Brandon Weeden 21 5 16 0 0.238
Blaine Gabbert 27 5 22 0 0.185
Brady Quinn 20 4 16 0 0.200
T.J. Yates 7 3 4 0 0.429
Matt Flynn 7 3 4 0 0.429
Austin Davis 8 3 5 0 0.375
Terrelle Pryor 10 3 7 0 0.300
Blake Bortles 13 3 10 0 0.231
Derek Carr 16 3 13 0 0.188
Dennis Dixon 3 2 1 0 0.667
Thaddeus Lewis 6 2 4 0 0.333
Charlie Whitehurst 9 2 7 0 0.222
Kirk Cousins 9 2 7 0 0.222
Luke McCown 9 2 7 0 0.222
Case Keenum 10 2 8 0 0.200
Dan Orlovsky 12 2 10 0 0.167
Mohamed Sanu 1 1 0 0 1.000
Ryan Mallett 2 1 1 0 0.500
Chase Daniel 2 1 1 0 0.500
Joe Webb 3 1 2 0 0.333
Matt McGloin 6 1 5 0 0.167
Ryan Lindley 7 1 6 0 0.143
Jimmy Clausen 11 1 10 0 0.091
Tyler Thigpen 12 1 11 0 0.083
Scott Tolzien 2 0 1 1 0.250
Jeff Tuel 1 0 1 0 0.000
Rusty Smith 1 0 1 0 0.000
Connor Shaw 1 0 1 0 0.000
Johnny Manziel 2 0 2 0 0.000
Caleb Hanie 4 0 4 0 0.000
Josh Johnson 5 0 5 0 0.000
Zach Mettenberger 6 0 6 0 0.000
Curtis Painter 8 0 8 0 0.000

FL BRONCO
03-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Rod Smith was a college QB and often the Broncos emergency QB.
Julian Edelman was a college QB
There was a player (his name slips my mind at the moment, Corey Joseph?) who was a college QB played starting safety for the Seahawks for a few years and then decided to come to Canada to play QB, was a decent CFL QB.
Lots of examples of college QBs who successfully switched to other positions and played well in the NFL, this are just 3 off the top of my head.

EDIT: Just remembered Hines Ward, there was another Steelers receiver, actually they've had several WRs who were college QBs.

Joshua Cribbs
Juian Edelman
Antwaan Randel El
Scott Frost (National Championship qb)
Brian Mitchell
Marlin Briscoe

More names who played qb in college and switched positions to play in the nfl

EddieMac
03-21-2015, 05:47 PM
john Elway was our emergency punter i believe..

samparnell
03-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Joshua Cribbs
Juian Edelman
Antwaan Randel El
Scott Frost (National Championship qb)
Brian Mitchell
Marlin Briscoe

More names who played qb in college and switched positions to play in the nfl

Freddie Solomon
Michael Robinson
Jerick McKinnon
Brad Smith
Drew Bennett

broncos SB2010
03-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Very interesting take by Brady Quinn - another QB hoping for the same spots Tebow hopes for. There is much interesting insight in the text, but chucking the losses to ex. the patriots down to anything but bringing a knife to a gunfight is just pathetic.

I am quite sure that Brady Quinn himself made a few missed reads in his 1-7 season with the Chiefs, and missed a few when he helped Doom get the 2009 sack record. Resorting to tearing down game winning plays becomes a bit empty when it is people that could not themselves have delivered in the clutch.

The bizare thing is that people repeatedly tear down Tebow, when in fact the results created with him at the helm were quite unique - also in historic perspective. It is sad that these QB's were on rosters and that Tebow is sitting at home with his bible. He blows the socks of all these - Curtis Painter and Jimmy Clausen has backup jobs - why?

GS W L T
T.J. Yates 7 3 4 0 0.429
Matt Flynn 7 3 4 0 0.429
Joe Webb 3 1 2 0 0.333
Jeff Tuel 1 0 1 0 0.000

http://rummuser.com/wp-content/uploads/denial.jpg

BroncoFanDK
03-22-2015, 06:08 AM
http://rummuser.com/wp-content/uploads/denial.jpg

I take it that the reality according to you is that the only meaning full factor in football is completion percentage. TD's, Interceptions, wins/losses, average yards per snap .... Nothing is relevant when facing the mighty completion percentage stat that managed to document precisely 0 of our wins in 2011....

The QB that throughout history holds the 2nd highest QBR in a playoff game cannot throw the ball, nor the person that in 2011 had the highest QBR at the last five minutes of games in the NFL, that is what realistic people like you believe.

On the 2014 rosters in the NFL 41 QB's who has started at least one game in the NFL has fewer wins that TT as a starter. Of those 38 have worse W/L percentages, and of the three that surpass TT's winning percentage only one (Drew Stanton) has played more than 3 games.

The ones among all NFL that have better W/L percentages are:

Player GS W L T Pct
Tom Brady 236 181 55 0 0.767
Russell Wilson 56 42 14 0 0.750
Peyton Manning 280 190 90 0 0.679
Ben Roethlisberger 173 116 57 0 0.671
Aaron Rodgers 114 76 38 0 0.667
Andrew Luck 54 36 18 0 0.667
Joe Flacco 127 82 45 0 0.646
Colin Kaepernick 45 29 16 0 0.644
Vince Young 51 31 20 0 0.608
Philip Rivers 153 92 61 0 0.601
Nick Foles 25 15 10 0 0.600
Tony Romo 129 77 52 0 0.597
Andy Dalton 67 39 27 1 0.590
Brian Hoyer 17 10 7 0 0.588
Matt Ryan 115 67 48 0 0.583
Drew Brees 213 124 89 0 0.582

And these are the ones that have worse W/L percentages

Eli Manning 179 100 79 0 0.559
Alex Smith 108 58 49 1 0.542
Mark Sanchez 76 41 35 0 0.539
Michael Vick 115 61 53 1 0.535
Rex Grossman 51 27 24 0 0.529
Matt Hasselbeck 163 85 78 0 0.521
Matt Moore 25 13 12 0 0.520
Jay Cutler 121 62 59 0 0.512
Kyle Orton 82 42 40 0 0.512
Matt Schaub 92 47 45 0 0.511
Tarvaris Jackson 35 17 18 0 0.486
Cam Newton 65 31 33 1 0.485
Carson Palmer 145 70 75 0 0.483
Ryan Tannehill 48 23 25 0 0.479
Shaun Hill 34 16 18 0 0.471
Matt Cassel 72 33 39 0 0.458
Derek Anderson 45 20 25 0 0.444
Matthew Stafford 79 35 44 0 0.443
Matt Flynn 7 3 4 0 0.429
T.J. Yates 7 3 4 0 0.429
Trent Edwards 33 14 19 0 0.424
Jason Campbell 79 32 47 0 0.405
Christian Ponder 36 14 21 1 0.403
Josh Freeman 60 24 36 0 0.400
Robert Griffin III 36 14 22 0 0.389
Geno Smith 29 11 18 0 0.379
Sam Bradford 49 18 30 1 0.378
Ryan Fitzpatrick 89 33 55 1 0.376
Josh McCown 49 17 32 0 0.347
Chad Henne 53 18 35 0 0.340
Joe Webb 3 1 2 0 0.333
Jeff Tuel 1 0 1 0 0.000

It is quite interesting that winning matters so little compared to the mighty completion percentage.

broncos SB2010
03-22-2015, 06:33 AM
I take it that the reality according to you is that the only meaning full factor in football is completion percentage. TD's, Interceptions, wins/losses, average yards per snap .... Nothing is relevant when facing the mighty completion percentage stat that managed to document precisely 0 of our wins in 2011....

The QB that throughout history holds the 2nd highest QBR in a playoff game cannot throw the ball, nor the person that in 2011 had the highest QBR at the last five minutes of games in the NFL, that is what realistic people like you believe.

On the 2014 rosters in the NFL 41 QB's who has started at least one game in the NFL has fewer wins that TT as a starter. Of those 38 have worse W/L percentages, and of the three that surpass TT's winning percentage only one (Drew Stanton) has played more than 3 games.

The ones among all NFL that have better W/L percentages are:

he can't read a defense. he can't find open receivers. he can't remember plays. he can't throw accurately. He had the highest sack rate for a starting QB because he holds the ball too long due to not knowing where to throw. They won despite Tebow, not because of him.....and why did we win the Pitt playoff game? Because they played all 11 guys on defense within 5 yards of the LoS. That was stupid and bad defensive play. Teams didn't do that again...and how did he do?

You also don't take into account other factors that helped win some of those games, even in the last 5 minutes such as:

RB going out of bounds and stopping the clock and 2 50+ yard FG (Chicago),

FF by the D for game winning FG (Miami),

Punt return for a TD (Oakland),

Stellar defensive play which allowed the Broncos to win despite Tebow only completing 2 passes (KC)

INT for a TD (jets)

McGahee getting a 24 yard run to set up game winning FG after the Broncos had 3 possessions in OT and Tebow could only complete 1 pass (SD)

INT at the 20 to set up game winning FG (Minn)

Those are the factors you refuse to accept.

CoryWinget81
03-22-2015, 07:23 AM
All you need to know about why Tebow isn't in the NFL is to listen to his former linemen and teammates talk about him.

Even Quinn in that article states they dumbed down the playbook and reads and he still couldn't keep up.

Chris Kuper said on the radio the other day he couldn't get the call in. He was even getting confused on running calls.

He's not smart enough to be an NFL QB. He's athletic and stout, sure, but none of that matters because he's also stiff and thin between the ears. He probably would STILL be in the NFL and probably pretty popular as a player if he had converted to a different position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hEaHn5Z_lY

THIS is why Tim Tebow isn't an NFL QB. This 32 second video sums it all up.

Papa-pwn
03-22-2015, 07:36 AM
There's no real reason to discuss Tebow switching positions. We're talking about a guy who changed high schools so he could play quarterback. He didn't switch because he doesn't want to switch. Obviously football isn't important enough to him to switch positions.

I don't think its that. I think it's that money isn't any issue or desire for him, so he's not going to compromise what he wants to do just to play in the NFL and collect a paycheck. All he wants to do is be a successful QB.

BroncoFanDK
03-22-2015, 07:39 AM
he can't read a defense. he can't find open receivers. he can't remember plays. he can't throw accurately. He had the highest sack rate for a starting QB because he holds the ball too long due to not knowing where to throw. They won despite Tebow, not because of him.....and why did we win the Pitt playoff game? Because they played all 11 guys on defense within 5 yards of the LoS. That was stupid and bad defensive play. Teams didn't do that again...and how did he do?

You also don't take into account other factors that helped win some of those games, even in the last 5 minutes such as:

RB going out of bounds and stopping the clock and 2 50+ yard FG (Chicago),

FF by the D for game winning FG (Miami),

Punt return for a TD (Oakland),

Stellar defensive play which allowed the Broncos to win despite Tebow only completing 2 passes (KC)

INT for a TD (jets)

McGahee getting a 24 yard run to set up game winning FG after the Broncos had 3 possessions in OT and Tebow could only complete 1 pass (SD)

INT at the 20 to set up game winning FG (Minn)

Those are the factors you refuse to accept.

No, the difference is that I look at the good with the bad, and limit the cherry/turd picking.

The Chicago game as an example - you focus on the Marion Barber break, but not the TD that DT let go through his hands. The Miami game you conveniently forget the two missed field goals by Prater. The Vikings game you conveniently forget that the 32 points they scored was their second most that year scored on our elite defense...

If you look at ex. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2011.htm you will see that the losses to the Patriots - first game was on the defense/second mostly on the defense, the Lions both on defense and offense with offense doing much worse, the week 17 loss to the chiefs on the offense, the week 16 on the offense.

Throughout the season though neither unit carried the load, though defense did not have stinker games in any of the wins.

The wildcard game was a fantastic effort by the offense, and it should never have gone to overtime. Steelers scored 7 of the incomplete backward pass mistake, Bailey missed and int. and Willis McGahee fumbled the ball. The 80 yard overtime play was not what made the WC game impressive.

Papa-pwn
03-22-2015, 07:40 AM

Eh, he's just upset that as unconventional as Tebow was, the FO chose to roll with him instead of Quinn. Yet they still won a playoff game.

Truth is Tebow has a .500 playoff record, better than many QBs out there, and he definitely doesn't get a fair shake at all. People refuse to look at him as just a player I feel, they include all of his off the field influence and the circus that he brings.

Once people learn to look at him as solely a player, then they see he is very easily an average starter at worst.

broncos SB2010
03-22-2015, 07:54 AM
No, the difference is that I look at the good with the bad, and limit the cherry/turd picking.

The Chicago game as an example - you focus on the Marion Barber break, but not the TD that DT let go through his hands. The Miami game you conveniently forget the two missed field goals by Prater. The Vikings game you conveniently forget that the 32 points they scored was their second most that year scored on our elite defense...

If you look at ex. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2011.htm you will see that the losses to the Patriots - first game was on the defense/second mostly on the defense, the Lions both on defense and offense with offense doing much worse, the week 17 loss to the chiefs on the offense, the week 16 on the offense.

Throughout the season though neither unit carried the load, though defense did not have stinker games in any of the wins.

The wildcard game was a fantastic effort by the offense, and it should never have gone to overtime. Steelers scored 7 of the incomplete backward pass mistake, Bailey missed and int. and Willis McGahee fumbled the ball. The 80 yard overtime play was not what made the WC game impressive.

If he is soooo good, why isn't he still playing???? Could it be that everything I said is true? Things such as....

he can't read a defense. he can't find open receivers. he can't remember plays. he can't throw accurately. He had the highest sack rate for a starting QB because he holds the ball too long due to not knowing where to throw.

Garfield
03-22-2015, 08:42 AM
If he is soooo good, why isn't he still playing???? Could it be that everything I said is true? Things such as....

he can't read a defense. he can't find open receivers. he can't remember plays. he can't throw accurately. He had the highest sack rate for a starting QB because he holds the ball too long due to not knowing where to throw.

Clearly not his fan

How many times did Orton get sacked behind that "GREAT" OL?

Not saying I want the guy. But when he came in everyone said he would take 3-4 years of development to convert to NFL standards. With the same coaches doing the same thing everyday. Not getting a different coaching staff every year with a different theory on what he should do.

Perhaps had the fans not mAde it impossible for the coaching staff to let him develop, maybe thing would have turned out better for him.

bronx_2003
03-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Bottom line with Tebow is we got rid of him, the Jets cut him, and he didn't make the NE 53

Been out the league a few years without a sniff. Had a trial with Philly and they didn't want him.

Plenty of QB's look good in college.. Hang around the league 2-3 then go out of the league because they are not good enough.

That's Tebow. He's just more well known then the others.

beastlyskronk
03-22-2015, 02:30 PM
I wonder if titans fans argue about Vince young the way we argue about tebow.

Garfield
03-22-2015, 04:29 PM

I'd say that 25% of those that hated Tim was not because of his play but his stance on his faith. It made it easier to hate him because he was not a polished QB.

HUMCALC
03-22-2015, 05:23 PM

Another QB who was not given the time AND weapons to succeed

Denver Mike
03-22-2015, 05:41 PM
I loved Tebow's ability to fire up his team. Even Champ admitted that TIm made everyone want to play harder.

That was awesome.

However CoreyWinget was correct, Tebow's not a QB mentally. No matter how 'good a fella' he is. On top of that he always had some sort of his issue with his phyisical play.

Den615
03-22-2015, 07:00 PM
I can't believe some of you are critical of Quinn's take on Tebow. That was an extremely fair evaluation that highlighted his weaknesses, but also his strengths. The fact that certain individuals interpreted that as a slight towards Tebow is absurd. Quinn even concludes that there is hope for Tebow to revitalize his career, a concept that the vast majority of NFL GM's, coaches, scouts, and talent evaluators would not endorse.

Garfield
03-22-2015, 07:22 PM
I can't believe some of you are critical of Quinn's take on Tebow. That was an extremely fair evaluation that highlighted his weaknesses, but also his strengths. The fact that certain individuals interpreted that as a slight towards Tebow is absurd. Quinn even concludes that there is hope for Tebow to revitalize his career, a concept that the vast majority of NFL GM's, coaches, scouts, and talent evaluators would not endorse.

sorry which post is quins?

beastlyskronk
03-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Another QB who was not given the time AND weapons to succeed

He had a terrific line and running game with the titans. In Philly he had weapons and looked worse than he did as a Titan. He just wasn't accurate.

Den615
03-22-2015, 08:24 PM
sorry which post is quins?

Brady Quinn wrote an article that I linked to a few days ago.

Mostly just his observations as a teammate of Tebow's, but also some thoughts on his flaws and what he needed to change. If anything it is as optimistic as it gets for Tebow's NFL outlook, yet some posters insist it is just Quinn dragging his name through the mud.

HUMCALC
03-22-2015, 08:26 PM
He had a terrific line and running game with the titans. In Philly he had weapons and looked worse than he did as a Titan. He just wasn't accurate.

They didn't give him anyone to throw to

Garfield
03-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Brady Quinn wrote an article that I linked to a few days ago.

Mostly just his observations as a teammate of Tebow's, but also some thoughts on his flaws and what he needed to change. If anything it is as optimistic as it gets for Tebow's NFL outlook, yet some posters insist it is just Quinn dragging his name through the mud.

Thanks I missed that.

Overall it seemed pretty accurate.

I could see some but not much bias based on Quinn being overlooked while in Denver in favor of Tebow.

Not enough IMO for anyone to say he was dragging him through the mud.

I hope that some team picks him up and works with him for the long haul. That was the intent that MCD had saying over and over he was a 3-4 year project. With many others saying the same thing

Going to three differnt teams did nothing to help his rawness to the NFL. If anything it exacerbated it.

Perhaps being out of the league studying defenses and working on his throwing motion will help some team to pick him up on a cheap contract with very little expectations maybe the fan base that was so hyped will not become a distraction.

He is one hell on an athlete. Would be a shame not to see him play.

BroncoFanDK
03-23-2015, 12:12 AM

It was a very interesting take Brady Quinn came with, but both the timing of the article and undermining of the Dolphins and Jets wins cast suspicion. These were some of the defining wins. The sobering manner in which Quinn has written this means that you listen.

Brady actively pursues a backup spot on an NFL roster as does Tebow - so they are after the same jobs. I am very certain that on most NFL snaps every QB misses obvious things - as we see time and time again in replays. If the purpose of this article was not to try to further his own chances - by lifting his awareness by using the Tebow angle to get his name in the press and by taking a few cracks at Tebow's expense, then this article would not have been published within a day of Tebow's latest sniff. Quinn has not publishing this as a football piece - but a look at me piece. It could have been published anytime in the past years, and I would bet, that you won't see a Kyle Orton or Matt Cassel piece from Quinn anytime soon.

At the end of the 2011 season the NFL crew loved what Tebow brought and the manner, in which he had helped Broncos turn around. The consensus was that he was definitely starting QB material, but needed to go work on his craft. In hindsight he was stupid to choose the Jets, as he would have gotten multiple starts with Jacksonville. It is a stupid argument that he should change position, but he would have benefited by using the opportunities he had in AFL or CFL.

BroncoFanDK
03-23-2015, 02:18 AM

Obviously, it would have been a brilliant move for a guy that became one of the most dominant college QB's ever to have switched position in highschool.

Might I suggest that you seek a career in career counselling.

The whole notion of switching position is just a distraction to toss in when you run out of arguments to excuse the results created with a QB you want to scratch from history.

beastlyskronk
03-23-2015, 03:29 AM
They didn't give him anyone to throw to

Philly did and he got worse. Teams figured him out. Watch him the last few games he had, his mechanics are terrible and were getting worse. It doesn't matter who he's throwing too when his mechanics are that bad.

broncolee
03-23-2015, 05:27 AM
I don't think its that. I think it's that money isn't any issue or desire for him, so he's not going to compromise what he wants to do just to play in the NFL and collect a paycheck. All he wants to do is be a successful QB.

The gist of what you're saying is the same thing I'm saying. Football isn't important enough to him to switch positions.

He's not in the NFL because the people who get paid to evaluate and acquire players don't believe he's good enough to be a quarterback. That could change if Chip Kelly can't get Mariota. Even making it with the Eagles would be a long shot, but it's probably his only shot.

broncos SB2010
03-23-2015, 06:15 AM
It was a very interesting take Brady Quinn came with, but both the timing of the article and undermining of the Dolphins and Jets wins cast suspicion. These were some of the defining wins. The sobering manner in which Quinn has written this means that you listen.

Brady actively pursues a backup spot on an NFL roster as does Tebow - so they are after the same jobs. I am very certain that on most NFL snaps every QB misses obvious things - as we see time and time again in replays. If the purpose of this article was not to try to further his own chances - by lifting his awareness by using the Tebow angle to get his name in the press and by taking a few cracks at Tebow's expense, then this article would not have been published within a day of Tebow's latest sniff. Quinn has not publishing this as a football piece - but a look at me piece. It could have been published anytime in the past years, and I would bet, that you won't see a Kyle Orton or Matt Cassel piece from Quinn anytime soon.

At the end of the 2011 season the NFL crew loved what Tebow brought and the manner, in which he had helped Broncos turn around. The consensus was that he was definitely starting QB material, but needed to go work on his craft. In hindsight he was stupid to choose the Jets, as he would have gotten multiple starts with Jacksonville. It is a stupid argument that he should change position, but he would have benefited by using the opportunities he had in AFL or CFL.

1. If it was a consensus...why is there a debate about his abilities?

2. If he had switched, he might still be playing. Why is that a stupid idea?

Garfield
03-23-2015, 08:25 AM
Philly did and he got worse. Teams figured him out. Watch him the last few games he had, his mechanics are terrible and were getting worse. It doesn't matter who he's throwing too when his mechanics are that bad.

How do you know his mechanics got worse?

It has not been reported anywhere I've seen.

Garfield
03-23-2015, 08:29 AM

Unlike some he has a moral compass and has his own vision or that of a higher power.

He says QB or nothing. Sounds like he knows what he is.

Den615
03-23-2015, 08:29 AM

This opinion is bordering on conspiracy theory. Brady Quinn has been working for CBS since he was cut by the Dolphins last season. While he would like to pursue his NFL career, he is content with it being over. Although unlike Tebow he has gotten several more shots over the last two years. Of course you won't see Quinn writing articles about Orton or Cassel. Why would he? Cassel is in line to start for Buffalo and Orton would be on a roster by the end of the week if he wanted to continue playing. They are proven NFL talents. Not the same controversy with them that there is with Tebow.

Quinn has insider information on Tebow and Tebow is in the news again, it is easy to see why he was chosen to write this article. I can promise you it wasn't because Quinn was scared Tebow will take his back up opportunities away from him :laugh:.

BroncoFanDK
03-23-2015, 08:35 AM

The fact that a player has success in the NFL and still need to get better is not the same as he cannot play a position. Jake Plummer needed to cut down his interceptions and negative plays from 2004 to 2005. He worked through the offseason with Kubes to analyse what he had done wrong, and came out a much better player in 2005 than in 2004. Plummer was still excellent in 2003 and 2004, but he needed to improve.

For Tebow the situation was that he had a lot less milage, a lot less experience, was a lot less polished, but succeded in spite of that. There is far from Tebow's level to the levels of ex. Brady, Peyton and Rogers, but the results created still were very solid in spite of his flaws.

You can tear down any QB for his weaknesses - that does not make it fair

He had success in the NFL as a QB.

What indication is there that he would be better as a TE or RB than some of the top college players. He was successful as a runner because he had one more blocker than a RB - why would you think that he would outperform any of the starting RB's in football.

He needed to speed up his reads and throwing motion, and AFL/CFL would be better for that.

Den615
03-23-2015, 08:37 AM
Unlike some he has a moral compass and has his own vision or that of a higher power.

He says QB or nothing. Sounds like he knows what he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YrCFz0Kfc
Just gonna leave this here...

BroncoFanDK
03-23-2015, 08:53 AM
This opinion is bordering on conspiracy theory. Brady Quinn has been working for CBS since he was cut by the Dolphins last season. While he would like to pursue his NFL career, he is content with it being over. Although unlike Tebow he has gotten several more shots over the last two years. Of course you won't see Quinn writing articles about Orton or Cassel. Why would he? Cassel is in line to start for Buffalo and Orton would be on a roster by the end of the week if he wanted to continue playing. They are proven NFL talents. Not the same controversy with them that there is with Tebow.

Quinn has insider information on Tebow and Tebow is in the news again, it is easy to see why he was chosen to write this article. I can promise you it wasn't because Quinn was scared Tebow will take his back up opportunities away from him :laugh:.

Unlike you I don't have inside knowledge of Brady Quinn and his motivation, and neither on Tebow. Since you obviously have had a heart to heart with Brady Quinn, during which he told you these things, I bow to your superior knowledge, and will just ignore Quinn's statements coming out of the veterans combine yesterday.

It must however be an interesting conspiracy with only one conspirator.

Den615
03-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Unlike you I don't have inside knowledge of Brady Quinn and his motivation, and neither on Tebow. Since you obviously have had a heart to heart with Brady Quinn, during which he told you these things, I bow to your superior knowledge, and will just ignore Quinn's statements coming out of the veterans combine yesterday.

It must however be an interesting conspiracy with only one conspirator.

Oh so you can make assumptions about Quinns intention in his writing but I can't?

broncoslover115
03-23-2015, 09:29 AM
I definitely am not an X's and O's type of gal but I've always wondered something when I hear people say that Tebow should have switched to such and such a position. I assume that guys who hold a RB or TE position have the skills, experience and knowledge to do so. They have worked on their craft probably their entire football career in said position. To me saying that Tebow could or should have just switched positions is almost akin to saying that those positions can be played by anyone and it doesn't really take a whole lot of skill or experience to do so. I mean I look at guys like Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, etc and assume that it took a tremendous amount of time to learn to be great at what they do. Saying Tebow should just switch to TE almost insulting in my book as it assumes that he could just do it because it would be easy or no big thing. Anyway, that's how I've always looked at it. I found it more insulting than anything actually. Same for him switching over RB as well.

Now perhaps I'm not correct in this, but that is my take on this notion. It never made any sense to me at all.

broncos SB2010
03-23-2015, 10:18 AM
I definitely am not an X's and O's type of gal but I've always wondered something when I hear people say that Tebow should have switched to such and such a position. I assume that guys who hold a RB or TE position have the skills, experience and knowledge to do so. They have worked on their craft probably their entire football career in said position. To me saying that Tebow could or should have just switched positions is almost akin to saying that those positions can be played by anyone and it doesn't really take a whole lot of skill or experience to do so. I mean I look at guys like Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, etc and assume that it took a tremendous amount of time to learn to be great at what they do. Saying Tebow should just switch to TE almost insulting in my book as it assumes that he could just do it because it would be easy or no big thing. Anyway, that's how I've always looked at it. I found it more insulting than anything actually. Same for him switching over RB as well.

Now perhaps I'm not correct in this, but that is my take on this notion. It never made any sense to me at all.

Lots of players switch positions. some even switch sides of the ball such as offense to defense. For example, our very own ben garland was a DT in college, now he is an OG with the Broncos.

The truth of the matter is...Tebow didn't have what it took to be an NFL QB but he possibly could have been a good FB or TE. This became very evident to many at the Senior Bowl where tebow was the worst QB on the field and the QBs on his team played with the same guys.

NFL teams talked to him about switching before the draft and he he said absolutely not. Yes, it would have taken some development and learning a new position but in the end, he may have been better at it.

samparnell
03-23-2015, 10:29 AM

There are seven NFL teams with no clear cut starter at QB. Seven teams have a starting QB who was drafted over ten years ago. Tim Tebow has sixteen starts as a QB in the NFL. There is plenty of information on him at that position, and he can't get on a roster in a league where the demand for QBs exceeds the supply.

If Tebow wants to be a pro QB, he needs to prove it on the field. NFL teams don't seem to want him, but he has had offers from Canada. If it was good enough for Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Joe Kapp et al., it shouldn't be beneath Tebow. Something is wrong with this picture.

BroncoFanDK
03-23-2015, 10:47 AM
There are seven NFL teams with no clear cut starter at QB. Seven teams have a starting QB who was drafted over ten years ago. Tim Tebow has sixteen starts as a QB in the NFL. There is plenty of information on him at that position, and he can't get on a roster in a league where the demand for QBs exceeds the supply.

If Tebow wants to be a pro QB, he needs to prove it on the field. NFL teams don't seem to want him, but he has had offers from Canada. If it was good enough for Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Joe Kapp et al., it shouldn't be beneath Tebow. Something is wrong with this picture.

Totally agree! Many say that he could not hack it in the AFL or in CFL, and yes he might not. On the flip side of that argument though is that if he did play in leagues where you pass more, or you have to make your decisions quicker, and if he succeeded someone would likely be willing to give him what he craves.

In Canada presumably he would be allowed to be a less controversial - more under the radar guy - and I think that would have been good for his development.

broncolee
03-23-2015, 04:46 PM

I think the fact that he doesn't go to Canada falls under the category of football not being important enough to him. If it were, Canada would be an option and he probably would have used that option by now.

BroncoFanDK
03-23-2015, 05:17 PM
I think the fact that he doesn't go to Canada falls under the category of football not being important enough to him. If it were, Canada would be an option and he probably would have used that option by now.

Or maybe there is more going on behind the scene than we know. I am sure TT has a lot of people advising him, and some might even have his best interests at heart!

broncos SB2010
03-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Or maybe there is more going on behind the scene than we know. I am sure TT has a lot of people advising him, and some might even have his best interests at heart!

but..but...but....I thought he has been dreaming of playing QB since he was a little boy....

#24 Next Champ
03-24-2015, 11:35 AM

How in the hell is Tebow becoming a TE or RB make sense when there's guys bigger, faster, and quicker, that have played the position their whole life...I don't get how anyone thinks that'd be a good idea....

You don't like him as a QB, okay, fair....but how the hell is he gonna be a better TE than someone who's likely more built for a TE and has worked as a TE their whole life?

samparnell
03-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Tebow is well-suited for the Single/Double Wing offense. Unfortunately that offense hasn't been used in the NFL since 1953. Vince Lombardi played in the Single Wing at Fordham and admired the way Jock Sutherland ran it at Pitt. Lombardi was once asked what he thought would happen if the Single Wing returned to the NFL. He said, "It would embarrass the hell out of us." :D

broncos SB2010
03-24-2015, 02:01 PM
How in the hell is Tebow becoming a TE or RB make sense when there's guys bigger, faster, and quicker, that have played the position their whole life...I don't get how anyone thinks that'd be a good idea....

You don't like him as a QB, okay, fair....but how the hell is he gonna be a better TE than someone who's likely more built for a TE and has worked as a TE their whole life?

I never said he would be better than other people. I said he may have been a better TE or FB than he is a QB. Now stop with nasty attitude and get some manners.......

CoryWinget81
03-24-2015, 06:08 PM

He feels entitled to a job as a QB in the NFL. If he can't have that, he doesn't want it. Plain and simple.

Probably a huge reason why no team is really interested in him, too. A work-in-progress project QB with an entitled attitude? Coaches have better things to do with their time.

samparnell
03-24-2015, 06:20 PM
He feels entitled to a job as a QB in the NFL. If he can't have that, he doesn't want it. Plain and simple.

Probably a huge reason why no team is really interested in him, too. A work-in-progress project QB with an entitled attitude? Coaches have better things to do with their time.

If he had come to our HS, we would have made him a lineman. :D

kona bronco
03-25-2015, 12:58 AM
I have more faith in Tebow as a quarterback as of right now than Oswiler; Tebow took us to the playoffs, Oswiler is yet to start a game. I know, Oswiler is in the shadow of Peyton but with Tebow, as of know at least, you know what you have. As for Oswiler we have no clue.

BroncoFanDK
03-25-2015, 05:15 AM
I have more faith in Tebow as a quarterback as of right now than Oswiler; Tebow took us to the playoffs, Oswiler is yet to start a game. I know, Oswiler is in the shadow of Peyton but with Tebow, as of know at least, you know what you have. As for Oswiler we have no clue.

That is exactly it. The Tebow hate crowd make claims that equals - I'd take Jimmy Claussen that has a 1-10 career record over Tebow that has an 8-6/1-1 in the playoffs.

If and when Manning hangs them up and Brock starts, I wonder how long it will be before we have Tebow chants at Mile High if Brock starts out say 2-6...

We do not know what Tebow could or would have been by now - but he turned our downtrotten franchise around.

Bronco51
03-25-2015, 06:54 AM
That is exactly it. The Tebow hate crowd make claims that equals - I'd take Jimmy Claussen that has a 1-10 career record over Tebow that has an 8-6/1-1 in the playoffs.

If and when Manning hangs them up and Brock starts, I wonder how long it will be before we have Tebow chants at Mile High if Brock starts out say 2-6...

We do not know what Tebow could or would have been by now - but he turned our downtrotten franchise around.

Conversely, one could say the Tebow love crowd would welcome back Orton because he started 6-0 and had everyone excited after a victory of the Patriots, before it all fell apart. But, Elway should have given it more time. Tebow limped to the finish, got a playoff victory (good for him), and then got absolutely throttled against the Patriots. This is a league that figures you out pretty quick. I don't understand how people want him to just have a roster spot for the sake of having one. The type of offense that he was successful with early on got figured out. And Elway was wise enough to see it wouldn't be sustainable for an entire career.

Other teams have tried and found out the same thing. Saying that he has a better resume than others isn't the whole story. Other crappy QB's can throw and run a sustainable offense. You don't have to change everything you're doing to accommodate their strength. And I doubt many teams are going to attempt to run an offense based on that and acquire three of those type of QB's. When Tebow can show he can make reads and throw accurately, he will get a job. Because his other intangibles definitely outweigh many backup QB's. If Os started out 2-6, I doubt people will shout for Tebow. But I'm sure Elway will do what he did before. Go out and get a real QB. Tebow has had many chances to go and improve elsewhere, but he has turned those opportunities down. The Tebow hate crowd would have more respect if he did all that he could to prove the Tebow love crowd right. But he hasn't. He thinks he's good as is, and the entire league disagrees. So, Claussen will be employed as a QB, and he will not.

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 03:03 AM
Conversely, one could say the Tebow love crowd would welcome back Orton because he started 6-0 and had everyone excited after a victory of the Patriots, before it all fell apart. But, Elway should have given it more time. Tebow limped to the finish, got a playoff victory (good for him), and then got absolutely throttled against the Patriots. This is a league that figures you out pretty quick. I don't understand how people want him to just have a roster spot for the sake of having one. The type of offense that he was successful with early on got figured out. And Elway was wise enough to see it wouldn't be sustainable for an entire career.

Other teams have tried and found out the same thing. Saying that he has a better resume than others isn't the whole story. Other crappy QB's can throw and run a sustainable offense. You don't have to change everything you're doing to accommodate their strength. And I doubt many teams are going to attempt to run an offense based on that and acquire three of those type of QB's. When Tebow can show he can make reads and throw accurately, he will get a job. Because his other intangibles definitely outweigh many backup QB's. If Os started out 2-6, I doubt people will shout for Tebow. But I'm sure Elway will do what he did before. Go out and get a real QB. Tebow has had many chances to go and improve elsewhere, but he has turned those opportunities down. The Tebow hate crowd would have more respect if he did all that he could to prove the Tebow love crowd right. But he hasn't. He thinks he's good as is, and the entire league disagrees. So, Claussen will be employed as a QB, and he will not.

I think you know that you are being polemic here, but to answer your provocation, the Orton situation is different. If McDaniels had cut/traded Orton before the 2010 season, then I would have given Orton the same support. I supported Orton throughout 2010 - strongly until after the London game, and then the doubt grew stronger. Tebow's three games in 2010 sold me on him long term as a player with huge upside, and that got steadily confirmed throughout 2011 though I thought that he was used much better in 2010 than in 2011.

The more accurate comparison is the feelings regarding how Jake Plummer was treated - Orton played himself out of the starting job, and McDaniels for all his flaws did an exemplary job of keeping the pressure off Orton from his first round draft pick on the bench. Shanahan had a Russian roulette management of Plummer, just waiting for any chance to stab him in the back.

Had McDaniels sacrificed Orton after the bye and gone 3-5 with Tebow, then he would have retained his job.

The flaws of all yours (man most of the hate crowds) attacks on Tebow are that you refuse to use any sort of consistency in the evaluation criteria. Yes Tebow has a lot of flaws, and if I wanted to hear about someone's lord and savior I'd visit that persons mosque, church, synagogue...

Are you really that much of a demagogue that you will stand by the standards that you use for Tebow, i.e. 3 regular season losses in a row, and lets remove the fact that one of these were to the later SB contender. By this yardstick you would have cut Peyton Manning his first year, Jay Cutler, John Elway would probably have fallen to your standard as well, Drew Brees should have been cut as well as 2002 did not end well for the Chargers....

I am still angry at Shanahan for the Plummer/Cutler moves, and I will continue to believe that it has NOTHING to do with football when you give we excuse fx the Colts blowout to the Patriots this year in the playoffs after Andrew Luck has played 50 some games, and has game tape of 3 previous meetings. Andrew Luck rightfully is considered an exceptional QB and Colts after this performance which is Lucks last game is considered a potential SB winner and current favorite by many

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
A. Luck 12/33 126 0 2

This is the performance last time Tebow played - incidentally against the Patriots - which in my opinion was better with Hernandez, but leave that be.

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Tebow 9/26 136 0 0

You are arguing that Tebow's numbers justify that he has never again started a game, whereas it is clear that Luck will at some time have a good chance of being in the HOF.

If you compare Lucks meetings in 2012, 2013, 2014 with Patriots he has been spanked as well, so the hate on Tebow is just that!

bronx_2003
03-26-2015, 03:10 AM
Its not a hate crowd. Me and others appreciate what he did and that wacky season.

But your never going to seriously compete for a championship with Tebow at QB. Too many flaws with his slow release, inaccuracy and inability to read coverages.

He could be an OK back up but just isn't worth that with the attention he brings

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 05:15 AM
Its not a hate crowd. Me and others appreciate what he did and that wacky season.

But your never going to seriously compete for a championship with Tebow at QB. Too many flaws with his slow release, inaccuracy and inability to read coverages.

He could be an OK back up but just isn't worth that with the attention he brings

It is fully legit to have that opinion. As neither of us live in the US currently, we are not caught up in the pro-life/pro-choice or the religious/racial aspects that affect the love/hate crowd.

I think everyone that cares about the football aspect have seen that Tebow had aspects of his game that were not good enough, but then as Bronco fans we have been blessed with fairly strong performances at QB for decades. Tebow also had aspects of his game that no one I have seen have done better. We can look at the mobile QB's like Cam Newton, RG3...., all with better passing mechanics than Tebow, but when it comes to the defenses Tebow's power runs requires a lot of attention from the defenses. Unless they commit to the run defense, or are able to dominate our O-line without stacking the box, they will leave receivers in single coverage.

The ability to drive 4th Q comebacks, the big plays, the big comebacks, the red zone efficiency are all quite unique also in historic context.

Tebow had a lot of flaws, so did Elway, so did Griese, so did Plummer, so did Cutler, so did Orton... Manning is by far the least flawed QB we have had, but the ability of John Elway and Tim Tebow to raise the level at key moments were unique.

The screens/short passes looked really good in 2010 with Buckhalter, and the rapport with BLloyd seemed very solid. While there is no doubt that while on a downhill slope Manning is vastly superiour, but that is not the yardstick that should be used. There are few QB's that are better than Peyton, and I think Tebow brings a lot more than quite a few current starters.

bronx_2003
03-26-2015, 05:30 AM
Tebows run ability was an asset, but first and foremost a QB needs to be a good passer in this league and Tebow was pretty terrible in this regard.

Every year QB's get drafted and then cut because they don't make the grade and they have far better mechanics, arm strength and accuracy then Tebow ever had.

Plus most of the wins that season were by scoring a low amount of points and scraping by poor teams....... Miami, KC, and Chicago.

His one highlight was a decent game against Pittsburgh but even that relied on hitting on a couple of deep balls where they were strangely playing 15 yards from the LOS

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 06:30 AM
It is fully legit to have that opinion. As neither of us live in the US currently, we are not caught up in the pro-life/pro-choice or the religious/racial aspects that affect the love/hate crowd.

I think everyone that cares about the football aspect have seen that Tebow had aspects of his game that were not good enough, but then as Bronco fans we have been blessed with fairly strong performances at QB for decades. Tebow also had aspects of his game that no one I have seen have done better. We can look at the mobile QB's like Cam Newton, RG3...., all with better passing mechanics than Tebow, but when it comes to the defenses Tebow's power runs requires a lot of attention from the defenses. Unless they commit to the run defense, or are able to dominate our O-line without stacking the box, they will leave receivers in single coverage.

The ability to drive 4th Q comebacks, the big plays, the big comebacks, the red zone efficiency are all quite unique also in historic context.

Tebow had a lot of flaws, so did Elway, so did Griese, so did Plummer, so did Cutler, so did Orton... Manning is by far the least flawed QB we have had, but the ability of John Elway and Tim Tebow to raise the level at key moments were unique.

The screens/short passes looked really good in 2010 with Buckhalter, and the rapport with BLloyd seemed very solid. While there is no doubt that while on a downhill slope Manning is vastly superiour, but that is not the yardstick that should be used. There are few QB's that are better than Peyton, and I think Tebow brings a lot more than quite a few current starters.

Why did QBs like ryan leaf, Jamarcus Russell, and Vince Young all not last long in the league? They all had some good aspects of their game. The answer....because they were all bad QBs..................just like Tebow.

Running QBs like you mentioned...Kaepernick and Cam Newton have both declined since their rookie seasons. QBs need to be able to pass first and run second. QBs who can't throw are never going to be successful. You say he had good red zone efficiency. The problem is...he had so many 3 and out drives he rarely got to the red zone. The Broncos average 2.3 red zone drives (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-attempts-per-game?date=2012-02-05) per game that season. Once they got in the redzone, they also only converted a TD 44% of the time...ranked 26th in the league. If Tebow was soooo efficient in the redzone, why is the team ranked so low?

The Tebow Faithful will never get past the fundamental flaws in Tebow's game which are the ability to read defenses, remember plays, and throw accurately. No matter how good some other aspects of his game are, they will never compensate enough for the flaws.

Here is an article you may want to read

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/a-statistical-analysis-of-the-miracles-of-tim-tebow/

Bronco51
03-26-2015, 07:40 AM
I think you know that you are being polemic here, but to answer your provocation, the Orton situation is different. If McDaniels had cut/traded Orton before the 2010 season, then I would have given Orton the same support. I supported Orton throughout 2010 - strongly until after the London game, and then the doubt grew stronger. Tebow's three games in 2010 sold me on him long term as a player with huge upside, and that got steadily confirmed throughout 2011 though I thought that he was used much better in 2010 than in 2011.

The more accurate comparison is the feelings regarding how Jake Plummer was treated - Orton played himself out of the starting job, and McDaniels for all his flaws did an exemplary job of keeping the pressure off Orton from his first round draft pick on the bench. Shanahan had a Russian roulette management of Plummer, just waiting for any chance to stab him in the back.

Had McDaniels sacrificed Orton after the bye and gone 3-5 with Tebow, then he would have retained his job.

The flaws of all yours (man most of the hate crowds) attacks on Tebow are that you refuse to use any sort of consistency in the evaluation criteria. Yes Tebow has a lot of flaws, and if I wanted to hear about someone's lord and savior I'd visit that persons mosque, church, synagogue...

Are you really that much of a demagogue that you will stand by the standards that you use for Tebow, i.e. 3 regular season losses in a row, and lets remove the fact that one of these were to the later SB contender. By this yardstick you would have cut Peyton Manning his first year, Jay Cutler, John Elway would probably have fallen to your standard as well, Drew Brees should have been cut as well as 2002 did not end well for the Chargers....

I am still angry at Shanahan for the Plummer/Cutler moves, and I will continue to believe that it has NOTHING to do with football when you give we excuse fx the Colts blowout to the Patriots this year in the playoffs after Andrew Luck has played 50 some games, and has game tape of 3 previous meetings. Andrew Luck rightfully is considered an exceptional QB and Colts after this performance which is Lucks last game is considered a potential SB winner and current favorite by many

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
A. Luck 12/33 126 0 2

This is the performance last time Tebow played - incidentally against the Patriots - which in my opinion was better with Hernandez, but leave that be.

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Tebow 9/26 136 0 0

You are arguing that Tebow's numbers justify that he has never again started a game, whereas it is clear that Luck will at some time have a good chance of being in the HOF.

If you compare Lucks meetings in 2012, 2013, 2014 with Patriots he has been spanked as well, so the hate on Tebow is just that!

SMH........so you can admit to being sold on Tebow after the three games in 2010, but everyone else is wrong for also being sold in those same three games that he is not the answer? In 2011 he showed what life would be like with him long term, and it seems you are the only one who has seen this 'potential' as being a viable option long term. No coach wants to run that offense. It killed Fox and Co. to do it. Elway couldn't wait to get rid of him. What offense do you think will be successful when you can't hit more than half your passes all season long? How long would he be able to play 16 games when he has to run against grown men most of the time? Why was it wrong that Elway saw the writing on the wall and acted quicker than they did with Orton? Orton, along with many other mediocre QB's are given time because they can throw the rock. Tebow wasn't going to be allowed to have that time because he can't throw the rock. And I have to ask, when Orton came in here and beat him with a measly 7 points in a virtual playoff game, you weren't a little worried about what life would be like with Tebow long term? Really? But I guess I'm just a hater because I prefer QB's who can throw.

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Why did QBs like ryan leaf, Jamarcus Russell, and Vince Young all not last long in the league? They all had some good aspects of their game. The answer....because they were all bad QBs..................just like Tebow.

Running QBs like you mentioned...Kaepernick and Cam Newton have both declined since their rookie seasons. QBs need to be able to pass first and run second. QBs who can't throw are never going to be successful. You say he had good red zone efficiency. The problem is...he had so many 3 and out drives he rarely got to the red zone. The Broncos average 2.3 red zone drives (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-attempts-per-game?date=2012-02-05) per game that season. Once they got in the redzone, they also only converted a TD 44% of the time...ranked 26th in the league. If Tebow was soooo efficient in the redzone, why is the team ranked so low?

The Tebow Faithful will never get past the fundamental flaws in Tebow's game which are the ability to read defenses, remember plays, and throw accurately. No matter how good some other aspects of his game are, they will never compensate enough for the flaws.

Here is an article you may want to read

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/a-statistical-analysis-of-the-miracles-of-tim-tebow/

Good article, but you go much further than the conclusion of the article, which is that in all likelyhood Tebow had to improve to keep winning at the pace he was winning at.

On how able Tebow was at reading defenses, the amount of times he was put in situations where he needed to drop back and read were few and almost exclusively on 3rd and long where the odds for the defenses become much better.

While I don't think you actually want to this is worth a read http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/11/29/tim-tebow (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awU_oIPXjSU#t=37

When you compare Tebow to Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf - the two biggest busts in NFL history you know you are being ridiculous RL (4-17), JR (7-18) & TT (8-6). Obviously you have an axe to grind for some reason since you have been the most active hater on this forum for a very long time.

It is much like the past arguments directed against Jake Plummer - all the wins from 2003-2006 were because of the defense -it did not matter when Jake was out we lost, it didn't matter that the metrics show that over 80% of W/L can be explained by QB play (run/pass)

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 08:21 AM
......... Elway couldn't wait to get rid of him. What offense do you think will be successful when you can't hit more than half your passes all season long? How long would he be able to play 16 games when he has to run against grown men most of the time? Why was it wrong that Elway saw the writing on the wall and acted quicker than they did with Orton? Orton, along with many other mediocre QB's are given time because they can throw the rock......

Sorry, but all this is free fantasy. Elway has never publicly expressed that he couldn't wait to get rid of Tebow. Fox has never said anything publicly like that.

What they have said its that they would rather have Manning - and why in the world would we not?

Fox went 1-15 in his last season with the Panthers and 1-4 before inserting Tebow. I think you are stretching the truth a bit when you portray Tebow as the bane of Fox'es coaching career.

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Good article, but you go much further than the conclusion of the article, which is that in all likelyhood Tebow had to improve to keep winning at the pace he was winning at.

On how able Tebow was at reading defenses, the amount of times he was put in situations where he needed to drop back and read were few and almost exclusively on 3rd and long where the odds for the defenses become much better.

While I don't think you actually want to this is worth a read http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/11/29/tim-tebow (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/)

When you compare Tebow to Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf - the two biggest busts in NFL history you know you are being ridiculous RL (4-17), JR (7-18) & TT (8-6). Obviously you have an axe to grind for some reason since you have been the most active hater on this forum for a very long time.

It is much like the past arguments directed against Jake Plummer - all the wins from 2003-2006 were because of the defense -it did not matter when Jake was out we lost, it didn't matter that the metrics show that over 80% of W/L can be explained by QB play (run/pass)

How am I being ridiculous when comparing Tebow to the other QBs? None of them were good QBs but they had a few qualities that teams look for in a QB. A few good qualities don't make a good overall QB.

As far as your article goes...he consistently outplayed the other QBs by a wide margin??? In the article they say he had a "real QB rating" of 122 in the KC game. He completed 2 passes and ran for 43. Really? He played great in that game? A few weeks later against that same KC team, with the playoffs on the line...Tebow completed 6 passes for 60 yards and only ran for 16. You think they may have figured him out???

You also don't know what you are talking about when it comes to when Tebow threw the ball. You say it was exclusively on 3rd and long.

1st down: 52 out of 106
2nd down: 40 out of 85
3rd down: 34 out of 74
4th down: 0 out of 6

Bronco51
03-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Sorry, but all this is free fantasy. Elway has never publicly expressed that he couldn't wait to get rid of Tebow. Fox has never said anything publicly like that.

What they have said its that they would rather have Manning - and why in the world would we not?

Fox went 1-15 in his last season with the Panthers and 1-4 before inserting Tebow. I think you are stretching the truth a bit when you portray Tebow as the bane of Fox'es coaching career.

Wow. You really don't read between the lines well. If they were anywhere near enamored with Tebow, they would have kept him and let him learn under Manning. But a Manning offense requires accurate throwing. What coach or GM will publicly undermine a player on the roster? Get real, they couldn't wait to find someone else and move on.

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Wow. You really don't read between the lines well. If they were anywhere near enamored with Tebow, they would have kept him and let him learn under Manning. But a Manning offense requires accurate throwing. What coach or GM will publicly undermine a player on the roster? Get real, they couldn't wait to find someone else and move on.

That must be precisely the reason they cut Kyle Orton, who was clearly the more competent passer. It is clear that completion percentage is the end all be all of football; or is it "scoring yards" like Cutlers offense did?

Clearly Elway wanted better performance than in some of the games at the end, but it is free fantasy that Tebow would not have been back if Manning had chosen to go elsewhere. If he would have remained the starter would have depended on results.

Elway's attitude seemed to change a lot during the wild card game.

HUMCALC
03-26-2015, 12:23 PM
It was obvious from the get go that Elway didn't want any part of Tebow. He looked like he was in pain after most of Tebow's wins. People complain about Tebow's %, yet when you compare him to other greats, he's not that far off. In the 1st KC game, people seem to forget about the drops in the game. Lance Ball dropped 1 & Decker dropped multiple passes, like he did most of the time when Tebow threw to him

Houshmazode
03-26-2015, 12:35 PM
It was obvious from the get go that Elway didn't want any part of Tebow. He looked like he was in pain after most of Tebow's wins. People complain about Tebow's %, yet when you compare him to other greats, he's not that far off. In the 1st KC game, people seem to forget about the drops in the game. Lance Ball dropped 1 & Decker dropped multiple passes, like he did most of the time when Tebow threw to him
The half a season or however long Tebow played isn't a very good sample size when comparing him to playes who have played 10+ years.

CoryWinget81
03-26-2015, 12:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXqKHr93m7E

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 12:37 PM

Decker only dropped 4 passes all season.

So I guess it's the receivers fault he only completed 2 passes?

What do you mean "other" greats? Is Tebow one of the greats????

CoryWinget81
03-26-2015, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8B9QIZ-w

HUMCALC
03-26-2015, 12:40 PM

In the NYJ game, he dropped 3 alone. You're telling me that he only had 1 drop the rest of the year?

SecondsAway131
03-26-2015, 12:41 PM

All quarterbacks deal with receivers that drop the ball on occasion.

In the past 20 seasons, here's the list of quarterbacks that have had less than 50% completions, with at least 110 attempts:

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Jamarcus Russell
Craig Whelihan
J.P. Losman
Mark Brunell
Kerry Collins
Tim Tebow

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 12:42 PM
In the NYJ game, he dropped 3 alone. You're telling me that he only had 1 drop the rest of the year?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2011/

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 12:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8B9QIZ-w

That was Decker's fault. He was so wide open Tebow thought he was on the other team.....

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 12:44 PM

In the past 20 seasons, here's the list of quarterbacks that have had less than 50% completions, with at least 110 attempts:

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Jamarcus Russell
Craig Whelihan
J.P. Losman
Mark Brunell
Kerry Collins
Tim Tebow

That's quite a list of Who's Who in the NFL. :)

....and someone thought I was ridiculous when comparing Tebow to Russell and Leaf....

HUMCALC
03-26-2015, 12:45 PM
The half a season or however long Tebow played isn't a very good sample size when comparing him to playes who have played 10+ years.

It's fair, because THAT'S ALL HE'S EVER BEEN GIVEN! Couch, Russell, Leaf, etc. were given more time & none of them went to the playoffs, let alone win a playoff game. He was promised a shot to practice with the starters with DEN & NY, and they never delivered on that promise

SecondsAway131
03-26-2015, 12:46 PM
That's quite a list of Who's Who in the NFL. :)

....and someone thought I was ridiculous when comparing Tebow to Russell and Leaf....

Fun fact: Of the quarterbacks listed, only Akili Smith has a lower career completion percentage than Tebow.

Bronco51
03-26-2015, 12:50 PM
It's fair, because THAT'S ALL HE'S EVER BEEN GIVEN! Couch, Russell, Leaf, etc. were given more time & none of them went to the playoffs, let alone win a playoff game. He was promised a shot to practice with the starters with DEN & NY, and they never delivered on that promise

When you're that bad, teams seem to rethink their position.

HUMCALC
03-26-2015, 12:52 PM

So I guess it's the receivers fault he only completed 2 passes?

What do you mean "other" greats? Is Tebow one of the greats????

That was a typo. Stats are for geeks. Any pass that hits a WR in the hands is catchable, and thus the WR is responsible. And Heaven knows that Tebow hit the hands of his WRs/TEs enough to warrant a second look and be around 55% for that season without proper coaching and practice time

CoryWinget81
03-26-2015, 12:55 PM
I loved it when Tebow would throw a knuckleball floater and people would be like COME ON CATCH THE BALL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJoetFBEWU

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Fun fact: Of the quarterbacks listed, only Akili Smith has a lower career completion percentage than Tebow.
maybe he didn't get a fair shot either...he only started 17 games too... :)

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 12:58 PM
That was a typo. Stats are for geeks. Any pass that hits a WR in the hands is catchable, and thus the WR is responsible. And Heaven knows that Tebow hit the hands of his WRs/TEs enough to warrant a second look and be around 55% for that season without proper coaching and practice time

.....again so its the receivers fault Tebow had such a low %.........ok...I get it know.

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 01:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zl7f_P9h0

broncoslover115
03-26-2015, 02:18 PM

That is hilarious. Wow!

JayJack
03-26-2015, 02:22 PM

Lol........lmbo.......hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! I can't breathe! !

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 03:20 PM

Do you care to extract similar footage of Manning missing Sanders repeatedly against Colts, or are you just turd picking as usual?

Houshmazode
03-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Do you care to extract similar footage of Manning missing Sanders repeatedly against Colts, or are you just turd picking as usual?
Cory's not the biggest Manning fan either so I'm not sure where you're going with this...

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 03:31 PM

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Jamarcus Russell
Craig Whelihan
J.P. Losman
Mark Brunell
Kerry Collins
Tim Tebow

Lets add a few for reasonable context:

John Elway
Eli Manning

Houshmazode
03-26-2015, 03:33 PM
If Tebow's so good, why is he still not in the league, and why was he not invited to the veteran's combine?

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Cory's not the biggest Manning fan either so I'm not sure where you're going with this...

I just think his posts are stupid and immature.

The stupid thing is that you can find footage of Chris Simms where he looks fantastic - Remember how people cheared when Orton came in against the Chargers on basically one leg ....

Houshmazode
03-26-2015, 03:36 PM
I just think his posts are stupid and immature.

The stupid thing is that you can find footage of Chris Simms where he looks fantastic - Remember how people cheared when Orton came in against the Chargers on basically one leg ....
Why respond with an argument if you think they're stupid and immature?

BroncoFanDK
03-26-2015, 03:41 PM
If Tebow's so good, why is he still not in the league, and why was he not invited to the veteran's combine?

Don't feed the beast of conspiracy theories....

Johnson, Jerrod QB Texas A&M
Kafka, Mike QB Northwestern
Kay, Brendon QB Cincinnati
Price, Keith QB Washington
Robinson, Zac QB Oklahoma State
Thomas, Darron QB Oregon
Wilson, Tyler QB Arkansas

Hard to understand why not.

The thing with Tebow is that he has not had the chance to fail or succeed after the 2011 season. I understand that people do not want to deal with the love/hate crowds, but he did deliver significant results.

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Don't feed the beast of conspiracy theories....

Johnson, Jerrod QB Texas A&M
Kafka, Mike QB Northwestern
Kay, Brendon QB Cincinnati
Price, Keith QB Washington
Robinson, Zac QB Oklahoma State
Thomas, Darron QB Oregon
Wilson, Tyler QB Arkansas

Hard to understand why not.

The thing with Tebow is that he has not had the chance to fail or succeed after the 2011 season. I understand that people do not want to deal with the love/hate crowds, but he did deliver significant results.

sure he did...he was with the Jets and NE. he had his chance, he just didn't capitalize on it. I don't understand why people say he didn't have a chance just because he didn't succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--q5c7ty4RI

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 03:50 PM

Tebow made a habit out of missing open WR. With him, completing a pass was the exeption, not the rule.

HUMCALC
03-26-2015, 04:06 PM

I'll see your video & raise you one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPL7pAmOGHk

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 04:14 PM
I'll see your video & raise you one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPL7pAmOGHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQDTrJsiDw

JayJack
03-26-2015, 06:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQDTrJsiDw

Lmbo!!! Stop it!! I can't take no more!!

Garfield
03-26-2015, 07:11 PM
sure he did...he was with the Jets and NE. he had his chance, he just didn't capitalize on it. I don't understand why people say he didn't have a chance just because he didn't succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--q5c7ty4RI

Being in the team especially since the head coach in NYJ did not want him does not mean your going to get the coaching he needed.

Yall seem to forget when he came into the league EVERYONE (that was not from Florida) said he needed 3-4 years to become an NFL QB.

That means with the same coaches doing the same practices with him. So count the number of coaches he has had.

McD
Fox
NYJ now BUF Guy
Belicheck.
Different schemes each year.
Different playbooks each year.
Different divisions each year

In order to fix something such as his motion(that it took ten plus years to develop) it is going to have to keep it consiststent for more than a hour and a half.

Remember everyone that was not a fan boy said 3-4 years to develop him.

Garfield
03-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Tebow made a habit out of missing open WR. With him, completing a pass was the exeption, not the rule.

Except in the latter parts of the games.

Garfield
03-26-2015, 07:34 PM

The ONLY reason Elway and Fox put him in the field was the immense pressure by the fans with the billboards and booing from the stands.

IMO they out him in expecting him to fall flat on his face thus shutting the fans up.

Then the team shows sup to play at a different level and he won games. So there wAs no way pulling him out.

CoryWinget81
03-26-2015, 08:03 PM

Or I can extract film of manning hitting consistent passes of the same variety for 17 years straight. *And I dont particularly like Manning*

I guarantee you Manning scores on BOTH of those plays with Decker wide open like that, given the opportunity.

Tim Tebow is literally too STUPID to play in the NFL. He a big dumb meathead/bro/jock that tried to outphysical his way to a starting gig in the NFL and got figured out. He's a mouthbreather. He can't even get simple things like a coin toss right.

It's a point that I'm right on and I don't even have to entertain any arguments about because, hey, where is he right now? That's right, on TV, talking about the level of football he was last good at.

Garfield is 100% right. The Broncos trotted him out there expecting the team to fall flat on its face and hopefully end up with Luck. It was apparently disrespectful enough to his teammates (given how bad most of them knew he was) that it forced them to play above the level they were currently on. Listen to his former teammates talk about him. Chris Kuper, an all time Bronco great, regaled us with stories of how McCoy would repeat the play FOUR times to Tebow and he still couldn't call it in the huddle. Listen to Joel Dreesen talk about how confused he would get, even in film sessions. Listen to Gase, who often had to go pull Tebow, who is already having MAJOR issues picking up the offense, out of the weight room for QB meetings. Or, former teammate and fellow evangelical christian Brady Quinn, who ADMITTED the Broncos dumbed down the offense to an absurd level and Tebow STILL couldn't pick it up.

You may think my posts are stupid and immature, but I think the truth hurts. :shrug:

I was 100% right about Tebow from the jump, and I'm 100% right now, regardless of how immature or dumb you think that is.

lvbronx
03-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Being in the team especially since the head coach in NYJ did not want him does not mean your going to get the coaching he needed.

Yall seem to forget when he came into the league EVERYONE (that was not from Florida) said he needed 3-4 years to become an NFL QB.

That means with the same coaches doing the same practices with him. So count the number of coaches he has had.

McD
Fox
NYJ now BUF Guy
Belicheck.

In order to fix something such as his motion(that it took ten plus years to develop) it is going to have to keep it consiststent for more than a hour and a half.

Tebow did have 3-4 years to develop. 2 with the Broncos, another with the Jets and a 4th training camp with the Pats. Remember that when the Pats cut him josh mcd was the Pats offensive coordinator and mcd was also the person to draft Tebow in Denver. If mcd didn't want him after 4 training camps, maybe we should take that as a hint?

3 teams gave Tebow a chance over 4 training camps. IMO, that's a fair shot and more chances than a lot of other players get.

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 08:45 PM

McD
Fox
NYJ now BUF Guy
Belicheck.

so......should every team keep every player, that needs 3 or 4 years to develop, for 4 years? I think the roster size would have to increase dramatically.

Alex Smith was in the same boat as Tebow. Different OC and different scheme every year for what...6 years? Where is he? oh yea....still a starting QB in the league. These are just more excuses...........

Garfield
03-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Tebow did have 3-4 years to develop. 2 with the Broncos, another with the Jets and a 4th training camp with the Pats. Remember that when the Pats cut him josh mcd was the Pats offensive coordinator and mcd was also the person to draft Tebow in Denver. If mcd didn't want him after 4 training camps, maybe we should take that as a hint?

3 teams gave Tebow a chance over 4 training camps. IMO, that's a fair shot and more chances than a lot of other players get.

You obviously missed my comment about 3-4 years in the same scheme.

As I said he was in 4- (or 5 if you count the scheme change mid year when he took over ) different playbooks as well as. At least 4 different QB coaches.
Yes MCD did draft him and was part of that NE coaching staff but his horse in the battle was brady and lro a my spent little time trying to develop him.

Rex Ryan hated the kid because he let it be known his signing was Woody generating PR.

Do not fool yourself he was never given a true shot at developing under the same coaching staff.

This comes from a guy a that is pretty neutral on Tim. I love great athletes and feel that given a chance (fair one ) they can be developed. I do not have illusions that he would've ever been a HOF Qb.

I see his faith as being his biggest issue with so many detractors hanging their hate on him because of that.

Garfield
03-26-2015, 09:06 PM
so......should every team keep every player, that needs 3 or 4 years to develop, for 4 years? I think the roster size would have to increase dramatically.

Alex Smith was in the same boat as Tebow. Different OC and different scheme every year for what...6 years? Where is he? oh yea....still a starting QB in the league. These are just more excuses...........

If a team knows going in (which we did) that a kid needs that long and signs a contract with him knowing upfront his issues. The yes he should have been given the chance.

If they know that roster size is 53 then there is always PS for these kids. And many are on the PS for a couple of years developing.

But John caved to fan pressure and his fate was sealed actually IMO it was sealed when McD was fired.

John systematically gotten rid of almost all of McDs kids over his time here with Tebow being one of the first.

broncos SB2010
03-26-2015, 09:28 PM
If a team knows going in (which we did) that a kid needs that long and signs a contract with him knowing upfront his issues. The yes he should have been given the chance.

If they know that roster size is 53 then there is always PS for these kids. And many are on the PS for a couple of years developing.

But John caved to fan pressure and his fate was sealed actually IMO it was sealed when McD was fired.

John systematically gotten rid of almost all of McDs kids over his time here with Tebow being one of the first.

This is getting deep. It's the fans falut. It's Elways fault. It's the WR fault. it's the scheme change. it's the coaches fault. Everything and everyone but Tebow's fault...........

atwaterandstir
03-26-2015, 09:30 PM
https://medium.com/@imaliveoutthere/why-no-one-in-the-nfl-wants-tim-tebow-26d93b674ab5

Heres a long but mostly good read on Tebow(titled why nobody wants Tim Tebow).....some of it comes off as a bit bitter but overall I found it to be well written and certainly worth reading.

I was never a Tebow fan before he became a Bronco, but I quickly changed that opinion when he did become one. As time passed I have since moved on from him just as I did with Cutler, Marshall, Portis, Plummer and countless other guys I always felt like were "my" guys simply because they represented my team. The time he was a Denver Bronco was some of the most exciting times(as fans), yet some of the worst times(as fans).

IMO his "issues" and his "strengths" are too easily exaggerated by his fans or his critics. There is simply not enough voices in the grey area minority when it comes to Tebow....most people either reaaalllly like him or they reaaaallly hate him. Bottom line though is hes simply not worth such dramatic division.

Bronco51
03-26-2015, 09:30 PM

As I said he was in 4- (or 5 if you count the scheme change mid year when he took over ) different playbooks as well as. At least 4 different QB coaches.
Yes MCD did draft him and was part of that NE coaching staff but his horse in the battle was brady and lro a my spent little time trying to develop him.

Rex Ryan hated the kid because he let it be known his signing was Woody generating PR.

Do not fool yourself he was never given a true shot at developing under the same coaching staff.

This comes from a guy a that is pretty neutral on Tim. I love great athletes and feel that given a chance (fair one ) they can be developed. I do not have illusions that he would've ever been a HOF Qb.

I see his faith as being his biggest issue with so many detractors hanging their hate on him because of that.

The problems he had coming into the league should not have been Elway's problem. McD really reached grabbing him in the first round, putting heavy pressure for there to be a somewhat polished product already. The guy can't throw. These are not problems a pro should have coming in to the league. He shouldn't need 4-5 years to learn how to throw. Maybe where and when to throw, but not actually how to throw. He was given just a much of a shot as everyone else. He needed to prove he could be an option long term and hasn't. McD had a second look and couldn't have been impressed because he didn't make it out of camp. If he could show a glimmer of hope, he would get a job. But to ask a team to make a 3-4 year commitment and waste a roster spot is pie in the sky. It won't happen.

Garfield
03-26-2015, 09:49 PM

This is getting deep. It's the fans falut. It's Elways fault. It's the WR fault. it's the scheme change. it's the coaches fault. Everything and everyone but Tebow's fault...........

Summed that up pretty good, glad to see you finally get it.

You can now let your hate go.

Garfield
03-26-2015, 10:02 PM

The problems he had coming into the league should not have been Elway's problem. McD really reached grabbing him in the first round, putting heavy pressure for there to be a somewhat polished product already. The guy can't throw. These are not problems a pro should have coming in to the league. He shouldn't need 4-5 years to learn how to throw. Maybe where and when to throw, but not actually how to throw. He was given just a much of a shot as everyone else. He needed to prove he could be an option long term and hasn't. McD had a second look and couldn't have been impressed because he didn't make it out of camp. If he could show a glimmer of hope, he would get a job. But to ask a team to make a 3-4 year commitment and waste a roster spot is pie in the sky. It won't happen.

Being on PS is not really wasting a roster spot. That said

Did Mc D reach? Some say yes some no. Depending on the love hate relationship.

It became johns problem when He got fired. Unfortunately he did not want to carry him as an UNDERStudy to Manning.
KNOWING What a distraction his fans made about him.
The first bad throw PM makes and the tebowits are booing and flashing their Tebow signs.

My contention with a few poster is they seem to bekeive he was given a fair shot to develop even though it was in 4-5 schemes, 4 or more QB coaches and at least four different HCs.

There is zero chance of him getting consistency that way.

Hit was said he literally had to throw 10,000 throws correctly to train the head and muscles to overcome his poor training prior to coming into the NFL.
His athletism got him thru college but that simply was not enough at this level.
The coaches failed him in giving him that consistency.

broncos SB2010
03-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Being on PS is not really wasting a roster spot. That said

Did Mc D reach? Some say yes some no. Depending on the love hate relationship.

It became johns problem when He got fired. Unfortunately he did not want to carry him as an UNDERStudy to Manning.
KNOWING What a distraction his fans made about him.
The first bad throw PM makes and the tebowits are booing and flashing their Tebow signs.

My contention with a few poster is they seem to bekeive he was given a fair shot to develop even though it was in 4-5 schemes, 4 or more QB coaches and at least four different HCs.

There is zero chance of him getting consistency that way.

Hit was said he literally had to throw 10,000 throws correctly to train the head and muscles to overcome his poor training prior to coming into the NFL.
His athletism got him thru college but that simply was not enough at this level.
The coaches failed him in giving him that consistency.

Then maybe he should have been concentrating on improving his football skills instead of writing books, doing commercials, and making the rounds on the celebrity circuit.

Tebow was not the only one drafted by this team or many other teams who went through changes in the coaching staff. That's life in the NFL. It's sink or swim time for every player. Tebow sank. Quit looking for excuses for him and acting like he is so special he should get special treatment. DT was drafted that same year and he was also a project since he came from an option college team and had never run a full route tree. DT succeeded, Tebow didn't. Quit trying to pin the blame on everyone but Tebow.

Football was secondary to Tebow. Everything else came first. There is nothing wrong with that but when he chooses charity life and celebrity over football you can't lay the blame for him not succeeding on anyone else.

BroncoFanDK
03-27-2015, 09:22 AM

Garfield is 100% right. The Broncos trotted him out there expecting the team to fall flat on its face and hopefully end up with Luck. It was apparently disrespectful enough to his teammates (given how bad most of them knew he was) that it forced them to play above the level they were currently on. Listen to his former teammates talk about him. Chris Kuper, an all time Bronco great, regaled us with stories of how McCoy would repeat the play FOUR times to Tebow and he still couldn't call it in the huddle. Listen to Joel Dreesen talk about how confused he would get, even in film sessions. Listen to Gase, who often had to go pull Tebow, who is already having MAJOR issues picking up the offense, out of the weight room for QB meetings. Or, former teammate and fellow evangelical christian Brady Quinn, who ADMITTED the Broncos dumbed down the offense to an absurd level and Tebow STILL couldn't pick it up.

Now reports were also out in 1983 that we dumbed down the playbook for Elway, and he did pretty well later inspite of quite some misses early.

Offcause Garfield is right. It was fairly evident especially from the trade of BLloyd and the facial expressions, statements from Elway until late in the season where expressions changed. There was no doubt that Elway would have given somebody else to back Tebow up with him having relatively little leeway.

Your comments that the rest of the team somehow did not play for Orton and their teammates, but somehow had special feelings for Tebow that prompted them to play better is just plain stupid.

Players like Von Miller, Eric Decker, Champ Bailey, Dawkins... were very supportive - isn't it funny how the NFL players was voted as a top 100 player in 2011 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d828b9db3/Top-100-Players-of-2012-Tim-Tebow) - it is those stupid NFL players that do not know anything about the game

broncos SB2010
03-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Now reports were also out in 1983 that we dumbed down the playbook for Elway, and he did pretty well later inspite of quite some misses early.

Offcause Garfield is right. It was fairly evident especially from the trade of BLloyd and the facial expressions, statements from Elway until late in the season where expressions changed. There was no doubt that Elway would have given somebody else to back Tebow up with him having relatively little leeway.

Your comments that the rest of the team somehow did not play for Orton and their teammates, but somehow had special feelings for Tebow that prompted them to play better is just plain stupid.

Players like Von Miller, Eric Decker, Champ Bailey, Dawkins... were very supportive - isn't it funny how the NFL players was voted as a top 100 player in 2011 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d828b9db3/Top-100-Players-of-2012-Tim-Tebow) - it is those stupid NFL players that do not know anything about the game

http://muslimsocialservicesagency.org/wp-content/themes/funny-tim-tebow-pictures-i14.jpg

lvbronx
03-27-2015, 11:26 AM

No, you missed my point. You said Tebow needed 3-4 years. I stated a fact, that he had 3-4 years.

And his first and last were both under mcd.

Do you believe Dysert should be given the same opportunities to play? After all, he's under a new system now too and only has had two years to develop. Forget that the Broncos may find someone that they think is/may be better...all that matters is Zach gets his chance.

Being a great athlete doesn't mean they'll be good QBs, or even good football players. If this was the case, Bruce Jenner would have been an NFL hall of famer.

PS. Elway wasn't the one that "knew coming in". He didn't draft mcd. And he didn't "cave" to fan pressure when I got rid of Tebow. If anything, Elway "caved" to fan pressure when Tebow was put on the field, although I don't agree with this, either.

BTW, Elway let Tebow pick the team he went to, instead of taking the best offer. Of the teams willing to take Tebow, it was Tebow's choice to go to the Jets.

Garfield
03-27-2015, 03:17 PM
No, you missed my point. You said Tebow needed 3-4 years. I stated a fact, that he had 3-4 years.

And his first and last were both under mcd.

Do you believe Dysert should be given the same opportunities to play? After all, he's under a new system now too and only has had two years to develop. Forget that the Broncos may find someone that they think is/may be better...all that matters is Zach gets his chance.

Being a great athlete doesn't mean they'll be good QBs, or even good football players. If this was the case, Bruce Jenner would have been an NFL hall of famer.

PS. Elway wasn't the one that "knew coming in". He didn't draft mcd. And he didn't "cave" to fan pressure when I got rid of Tebow. If anything, Elway "caved" to fan pressure when Tebow was put on the field, although I don't agree with this, either.

BTW, Elway let Tebow pick the team he went to, instead of taking the best offer. Of the teams willing to take Tebow, it was Tebow's choice to go to the Jets.

RIF

everyone said that Tebow would need 3-4 years to overcome his throwing motion issues and get up to NFL speed.

There was not a scout, HC, GM that said anything different.

John knew that he had to dump Tim as soon as Manning was signed. you mistaken about fans not putting pressure on the Johns to get him on ht field, had Orton been playing decently they could have weathered that storm.

But I see it from a different perscpective than someone that disliked him day one.

BroncoFanDK
03-27-2015, 04:11 PM
http://muslimsocialservicesagency.org/wp-content/themes/funny-tim-tebow-pictures-i14.jpg

Wow, he defuses the media attention that gives him all the credit, by heaping praise on his teammates. Sorry, but that is leadership 101.

What is actually the point you are trying to make - That Tebow as a Bronco was a class act?

HUMCALC
03-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Wow, he defuses the media attention that gives him all the credit, by heaping praise on his teammates. Sorry, but that is leadership 101.

What is actually the point you are trying to make - That Tebow as a Bronco was a class act?

Right ON DK!

FL BRONCO
03-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Wow, the guy hasn't played for us in 3 going on 4 yrears nor in the league in 2 and didn't play for us for that long. Oh and he took the Tebonites with him. Yet there are still 12 pages on him 3 yrs later in our forums. Its as if the Ghost of Timmy T. still haunts these boards.

Love him or hate him he is definitely polarizing . I think the Eagles should've have sung about the Hotel Tim Tebow.

Personally I love the guy. And he is definitely entertaining, on the field and off, here or not here.:thumb:

Bronco51
03-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Wow, the guy hasn't played for us in 3 going on 4 yrears nor in the league in 2 and didn't play for us for that long. Oh and he took the Tebonites with him. Yet there are still 12 pages on him 3 yrs later in our forums. Its as if the Ghost of Timmy T. still haunts these boards.

Love him or hate him he is definitely polarizing . I think the Eagles should've have sung about the Hotel Tim Tebow.

Personally I love the guy. And he is definitely entertaining, on the field and off, here or not here.:thumb:

Relax said the nightman we are programmed to receive (unless Tebow is throwing it)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave

lvbronx
03-27-2015, 09:45 PM
RIF

everyone said that Tebow would need 3-4 years to overcome his throwing motion issues and get up to NFL speed.

There was not a scout, HC, GM that said anything different.

John knew that he had to dump Tim as soon as Manning was signed. you mistaken about fans not putting pressure on the Johns to get him on ht field, had Orton been playing decently they could have weathered that storm.

But I see it from a different perscpective than someone that disliked him day one.

A number of problems with the "logic" in your posts. First, I like Tebow and wish he could make a team. I'd like for him to be in the NFL, he's a good guy and fun to watch. So don't tell me that I "disliked him from day one". You are flat out wrong. No need to make things up. You can't even get an ad-hominem logical fallacy "correct", making it into a strawman fallacy.

Another logical flaw in your posts is how your argument keeps changing. Yes, most people knew Tebow had serious flaws in his throwing motion. However, you said he wasn't given a fair shot because of all the systems he had to play in. The systems have NOTHING to do with his throwing motion and his inaccuracy. Systems have nothing to do with throwing drills.

Elway did Tebow a favor. Tebow wouldn't have played a down behind Manning. Elway gave Tebow a chance to play somewhere else, even letting him choose the team he wanted to go to. But nobody wanted him to pass a football for them.

Tebow has been working with a throwing coach for years. And he just had a try-out with the Eagles, where he would be a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense. Kelly didn't sign him after watching him throw, even after all those years of private coaching trying to learn how to throw. He's had what...5-6 years to learn to throw now? And THAT is Tebow's biggest problem, he can't throw, not that he hasn't been given a chance. Four teams now have given him a chance.

Garfield
03-28-2015, 10:42 AM
A number of problems with the "logic" in your posts. First, I like Tebow and wish he could make a team. I'd like for him to be in the NFL, he's a good guy and fun to watch. So don't tell me that I "disliked him from day one". You are flat out wrong. No need to make things up. You can't even get an ad-hominem logical fallacy "correct", making it into a strawman fallacy.

Another logical flaw in your posts is how your argument keeps changing. Yes, most people knew Tebow had serious flaws in his throwing motion. However, you said he wasn't given a fair shot because of all the systems he had to play in. The systems have NOTHING to do with his throwing motion and his inaccuracy. Systems have nothing to do with throwing drills.

Elway did Tebow a favor. Tebow wouldn't have played a down behind Manning. Elway gave Tebow a chance to play somewhere else, even letting him choose the team he wanted to go to. But nobody wanted him to pass a football for them.

Tebow has been working with a throwing coach for years. And he just had a try-out with the Eagles, where he would be a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense. Kelly didn't sign him after watching him throw, even after all those years of private coaching trying to learn how to throw. He's had what...5-6 years to learn to throw now? And THAT is Tebow's biggest problem, he can't throw, not that he hasn't been given a chance. Four teams now have given him a chance.

Your posts hardly came across was liking him.

As for my posts changing hardly.

In each of them I said his coaching changes while he was in the NFL.
Since we do not know if they all tried to teach him the same motion. We do know from refacing reports about him many qb coaches and former QBs almost all of them saying he was fixed.

Now let's talk about schemes and playbooks
Each time there was one and that is McD, Fox (twice), NYJ and then McD again but a different playbook that was custom designed for brady. Each change puts stress on his mental state and probably a different qb coach. Each of them a bit different and none of them with sufficient reps to make it permanent. With him reverting back to old bad habits when he we put into a stressful situation.

As for NOT being signed by the Eagles. Do you know for sure they will not pick him up at some point this year?

Just as we are not signing an OC, OG, ORT at this point but waiting to see what we get the draft or as UDFA.

Now I would have loved to kept him under Manning to learn his work ethic, reading defenses.

But it was obvious to me and many others that John was systemically ridding the McD infulence from the team. Not to mention the Tebow adoration society.

Legion509
03-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Yes they did. Here is a little something to think about. Go back and look how many 1-5 yards type pass plays Tebow got. Go back and look at all the screen plays that he ran. Short dump off passes. You know like Manning gets to pad his %.

It was on the news the other day, and I was shocked as well. Most QB's have 85% of there passes 5 yards or shorter passes. Tebow had just the opposite, they were making him throw 85% of his passes 10 yds down the field or farther. He got no screen plays or short slants. In his first year he did the year he threw over 50% and looked pretty good. Then oh wait, coach was fired, lock out season, traded away his 2 only receivers he got to work with. And that season had he started instead of orton, instead of going 1-4, I am willing to bet it would have been 4-1, which makes the season a 12-4 and you don't back into the playoffs.

Legion509
03-29-2015, 12:54 PM
Back to the Patriots deal. Pats only carry 2. They were invested in Mallet. Only way Tebow replaces him is he just flat out blows the doors off Mallet. That didn't happen. However Some would argue that Tebow was atleast equal to him during that preseason. Tebow did well that last preseason game.

But to prove that point, news reports kept coming out how great mallet was, that they were looking for a trade partner, and how he should be a starter in the league. Where are those reports now? There are actual reports if he will even make the squad now. Patriots set that whole deal up looking to trade up. Mallet is worthless now. Patriots think so far ahead of people and use the media to hype there players up. Reason they rule the roost basically every year. They don't go out and spend millions on washed up old people. They farm raise there guys, then dump them to other teams when they know they are of no use. Denver took the bait on alot of Pats old players. Paid them well too. hah

broncos SB2010
03-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Your posts hardly came across was liking him.

As for my posts changing hardly.

In each of them I said his coaching changes while he was in the NFL.
Since we do not know if they all tried to teach him the same motion. We do know from refacing reports about him many qb coaches and former QBs almost all of them saying he was fixed.

Now let's talk about schemes and playbooks
Each time there was one and that is McD, Fox (twice), NYJ and then McD again but a different playbook that was custom designed for brady. Each change puts stress on his mental state and probably a different qb coach. Each of them a bit different and none of them with sufficient reps to make it permanent. With him reverting back to old bad habits when he we put into a stressful situation.

As for NOT being signed by the Eagles. Do you know for sure they will not pick him up at some point this year?

Just as we are not signing an OC, OG, ORT at this point but waiting to see what we get the draft or as UDFA.

Now I would have loved to kept him under Manning to learn his work ethic, reading defenses.

But it was obvious to me and many others that John was systemically ridding the McD infulence from the team. Not to mention the Tebow adoration society.

no.....he was dumping poor talent..........

broncos SB2010
03-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Yes they did. Here is a little something to think about. Go back and look how many 1-5 yards type pass plays Tebow got. Go back and look at all the screen plays that he ran. Short dump off passes. You know like Manning gets to pad his %.

It was on the news the other day, and I was shocked as well. Most QB's have 85% of there passes 5 yards or shorter passes. Tebow had just the opposite, they were making him throw 85% of his passes 10 yds down the field or farther. He got no screen plays or short slants. In his first year he did the year he threw over 50% and looked pretty good. Then oh wait, coach was fired, lock out season, traded away his 2 only receivers he got to work with. And that season had he started instead of orton, instead of going 1-4, I am willing to bet it would have been 4-1, which makes the season a 12-4 and you don't back into the playoffs.

1. Tebow couldn't beat out Mallett. What does that say about him?
2. Played well in his last preseason game? completed 6 passes, had 2 TDs, an INT and took 4 sacks against 4 stringers....not too good.
3. Way off on your % 10+ yards don field. 48% were within 10 yards of the LoS. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13200/year/2011/tim-tebow)
4. Most QBs have 85% of passes within 5 yards? not even close.

BroncoFanDK
03-29-2015, 03:38 PM
1. Tebow couldn't beat out Mallett. What does that say about him?
2. Played well in his last preseason game? completed 6 passes, had 2 TDs, an INT and took 4 sacks against 4 stringers....not too good.
3. Way off on your % 10+ yards don field. 48% were within 10 yards of the LoS. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13200/year/2011/tim-tebow)
4. Most QBs have 85% of passes within 5 yards? not even close.

1: Texans seem to want Mallett as their starter this year. Tebow did not beat out Mallett, but then Mallett had a few advantages - Patriots were looking to get trade value, and as a FA Tebow did not score on that account.

2: What you do not seem to be aware is that the O-Line protecting the QB was also 3rd/4th string.I know you go by the - how can I come up with unsubstantiated mud to smear Tebow with, but it is getting a bit bizzare.

The 2013 season was quite special for the Patriots, and through injuries Brady had to use some of the receivers that Tebow had to pass to in preseason. Irrespective of Brady's excellent passing skills his completion percentages early in 2013 were - lets say Tebow'esque.

broncos SB2010
03-29-2015, 04:57 PM
1: Texans seem to want Mallett as their starter this year. Tebow did not beat out Mallett, but then Mallett had a few advantages - Patriots were looking to get trade value, and as a FA Tebow did not score on that account.

2: What you do not seem to be aware is that the O-Line protecting the QB was also 3rd/4th string.I know you go by the - how can I come up with unsubstantiated mud to smear Tebow with, but it is getting a bit bizzare.

The 2013 season was quite special for the Patriots, and through injuries Brady had to use some of the receivers that Tebow had to pass to in preseason. Irrespective of Brady's excellent passing skills his completion percentages early in 2013 were - lets say Tebow'esque.

In comparison...
Tebow played the entire 2nd half in the last preseason game of 2012. He played 8 drives and completed 6 passes. Zac Dysert, for the Broncos, played only the 4th quarter and only 3 drives. Dysert completed 4 passes.

Both played with 4th string guys. tebow didn't even average 1 completion/drive. In the same game as tebow played...Curtis painter played the 3rd quarter, and only 2 drives.

Painter: 8/11, 94 yards and 1 TD, no INT, 1 sack.....in 2 drives
Tebow: 6/11, 91 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT, 4 sacks...in 8 drives

spin that and explain to me how Tebow played so well.......

Bronco51
03-29-2015, 05:15 PM

Well, surely now that Mallet is gone, the Patriots will pounce on Tebow now. Since they don't have to worry about Mallet and his trade value and that was the thing that kept Tebow from being on the Patriots.......right?

BroncoFanBoy
03-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Well, surely now that Mallet is gone, the Patriots will pounce on Tebow now. Since they don't have to worry about Mallet and his trade value and that was the thing that kept Tebow from being on the Patriots.......right?

Jimmy Garoppolo. That's what'll stop the Pats from bouncing on Tebow. Besides, they could've signed him after they traded Mallett. Did they? No.

Garfield
03-29-2015, 06:18 PM
no.....he was dumping poor talent..........

Poor talent aye. Which draft choices of McD are not starting somewhere in the NFL, that John dumped.

CoryWinget81
03-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Poor talent aye. Which draft choices of McD are not starting somewhere in the NFL, that John dumped.

Drafted by McD, out of the league or riding the bench

Quinn, Ayers, McBath, Alphonso Smith (lololol), Branstater, Moreno, Olsen, Tebow, Walton, Cox, Olsen, sydquan, kirlew, Scheutler

15 out of 19 picks out of the NFL and one posthumous mention in McKinley.

Beadles, DT, and Decker are the only successful draft picks from the McD era.

broncos SB2010
03-29-2015, 07:11 PM

Quinn, Ayers, McBath, Alphonso Smith (lololol), Branstater, Moreno, Olsen, Tebow, Walton, Cox, Olsen, sydquan, kirlew, Scheutler

must spread rep around......

one_bad_55
03-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Why is Tebow still in Broncos' Country? :confused:

broncos SB2010
03-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Jimmy Garoppolo. That's what'll stop the Pats from bouncing on Tebow. Besides, they could've signed him after they traded Mallett. Did they? No.

why didn't they sign Tebow instead of drafting Garoppolo?

CoryWinget81
03-29-2015, 07:19 PM

Oh, I forgot Bruton. Dang it.

4 out of 19 picks.

BroncoFanBoy
03-29-2015, 08:09 PM
why didn't they sign Tebow instead of drafting Garoppolo?

Exactly.
10chars

munoz1987
03-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Why is Tebow still in Broncos' Country? :confused:

Cuz he brought this team back from dead. Tebow will always have a home in Broncos Country. We owe him that much.

Garfield
03-29-2015, 09:25 PM

Beadles Walton are starters in other cities as is cox
Moreno was a starter last year for MIA
Ayers is a first off th bench guy a NYG with 5-6 sacks last year unable to access from my cell phone (time restrictions)

Sorry but you need to think before inserting foot in mouth.

Did he make a couple of mistakes. Sure.

IIRC one of them committed suicide so I guess that was a failure also.

beastlyskronk
03-30-2015, 02:50 AM
Ayers is a first off th bench guy a NYG with 5-6 sacks last year unable to access from my cell phone (time restrictions)

Walton is now a backup in Miami. Was a backup in Washington, started for the giants because their oline is in shambles. Cox only started in San Fran due to injuries. He was their 4th or 5th cb the past few years. Moreno didn't start any of the 3 games he played in, he got hot against the patriots spelling miller and got 24 of his 31 carries but he didn't start.

BroncoFanDK
03-30-2015, 04:48 AM
In comparison...
Tebow played the entire 2nd half in the last preseason game of 2012. He played 8 drives and completed 6 passes. Zac Dysert, for the Broncos, played only the 4th quarter and only 3 drives. Dysert completed 4 passes.

Both played with 4th string guys. tebow didn't even average 1 completion/drive. In the same game as tebow played...Curtis painter played the 3rd quarter, and only 2 drives.

Painter: 8/11, 94 yards and 1 TD, no INT, 1 sack.....in 2 drives
Tebow: 6/11, 91 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT, 4 sacks...in 8 drives

spin that and explain to me how Tebow played so well.......

Since I am not aware that the winner is determined by who "scores" the most yards nor "scores" the most completions, I guess that it is hard to get your points. Actually to my knowledge winners and loosers are determined exclusively by points scored by either.

As usual you conveniently forget that the ball can be moved in more ways than one, and that the Bible Bully do a few things that others do not, and actually move the ball effectively by other means than passing. Your incessant attacks on Tebow is like picking a running and only evaluating him on runs to the right... It is like the Cutler nuts that kept claiming that we were the 2nd best offense in 2008 - we didn't score that much but my did we produce yards.We produced virtually the same amount of yards as the 2007 Patriots but scored 219 points less.

Bottom line is that the Tebow led 3rd stringers won the 2nd half by 14 to 10; That is actually the basis of the job - to score more POINTS than the other team.

broncos SB2010
03-30-2015, 05:02 AM
Since I am not aware that the winner is determined by who "scores" the most yards nor "scores" the most completions, I guess that it is hard to get your points. Actually to my knowledge winners and loosers are determined exclusively by points scored by either.

As usual you conveniently forget that the ball can be moved in more ways than one, and that the Bible Bully do a few things that others do not, and actually move the ball effectively by other means than passing. Your incessant attacks on Tebow is like picking a running and only evaluating him on runs to the right... It is like the Cutler nuts that kept claiming that we were the 2nd best offense in 2008 - we didn't score that much but my did we produce yards.We produced virtually the same amount of yards as the 2007 Patriots but scored 219 points less.

Bottom line is that the Tebow led 3rd stringers won the 2nd half by 14 to 10; That is actually the basis of the job - to score more POINTS than the other team.

painter did in 2 drives what it took tebow 8 drives to do...........and look at who we are comparing tebow to...Curtis painter...also out of the league....

Tebow's 8 drives yardage:

12 yards
65-this included a 52 yard play where the DB fell down before the WR made the catch

These drives include his running yards. again shows Tebow's ineffectual efforts to sustain drives and move the ball down the field. Does this really look like good play to you?

Garfield
03-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Walton is now a backup in Miami. Was a backup in Washington, started for the giants because their oline is in shambles. Cox only started in San Fran due to injuries. He was their 4th or 5th cb the past few years. Moreno didn't start any of the 3 games he played in, he got hot against the patriots spelling miller and got 24 of his 31 carries but he didn't start.
Let's see Walton started 16 games for the Giants. Is now a Fin so we have no idea whether he is a starter or not.
Cox started 14 of the 15 RS games last year had 5 picks seems to me he was much like Harris a NICKLE CB prior to that. BTW he was IIRC Later round pick 5-6 iirc few of them have made the team in years past.

I know ( from a Fin fan friend) that Moreno was being counted on until injuries took him out of action again.

MCD other than his first year ?when he was stuck with shanahans scouts) really did not have all that bad of a record With his top picks rounds 1-4 overall. Pretty much starters either here or elsewhere for much of there careers.

If anything you had to admit he moved around a lot in the draft.

CoryWinget81
03-30-2015, 07:00 AM

I said Beadles was a successful player.

Walton will not be starting for MIA, and only started for NY because their line was a mess. Cox got starting time because he was literally last man standing.

Moreno never started a game for MIA.

Ayers is indeed a rotational player AKA on the BENCH, as I said...

5 first round picks and 4 seconds produced DT, Decker, Beadles and Bruton.

That is terrible. Just, terrible. Justify it any way you want, but he squandered those drafts.

beastlyskronk
03-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Let's see Walton started 16 games for the Giants. Is now a Fin so we have no idea whether he is a starter or not.
Cox started 14 of the 15 RS games last year had 5 picks seems to me he was much like Harris a NICKLE CB prior to that. BTW he was IIRC Later round pick 5-6 iirc few of them have made the team in years past.

I know ( from a Fin fan friend) that Moreno was being counted on until injuries took him out of action again.

MCD other than his first year ?when he was stuck with shanahans scouts) really did not have all that bad of a record With his top picks rounds 1-4 overall. Pretty much starters either here or elsewhere for much of there careers.

If anything you had to admit he moved around a lot in the draft.

Highly doubt Walton beats out pouncey. Maybe at guard which he hasn't played in the nfl, but he's mediocre at best now at center which is why the giants released him. Cox started 9 games before this year, those 9 games were with us. He recorded 20 tackles in 2 seasons prior to this, he was a special teams player that was released 3 times in 2013. I don't disagree with you in that he's a good player who got a bad rep for something that may not have happened but he did nothing until injuries put him in position to shine this year.

Garfield
03-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Highly doubt Walton beats out pouncey. Maybe at guard which he hasn't played in the nfl, but he's mediocre at best now at center which is why the giants released him. Cox started 9 games before this year, those 9 games were with us. He recorded 20 tackles in 2 seasons prior to this, he was a special teams player that was released 3 times in 2013. I don't disagree with you in that he's a good player who got a bad rep for something that may not have happened but he did nothing until injuries put him in position to shine this year.

Iirc pouncey has had injury issues so who knows. As for cox he was a5tj pick that has played In 60+ games in his four years in the league. Started 14 for the 9ers so I'd guess not last man standing. Had 50+ tackles for a CB which is pretty high as a CB.

Yes MCD had a very bad first year drafting but your failing to understand the scouting staff was looking for a totally different tyoe of player (Shahahan) than what he was looking for. So his draft board was very lean that year.

He had loads of holes to fill and his second year filled a bunch of them. Both beadles and Walton played for fox until Walton was hurt were they good enough for Elway? No that was why they plus almost all of McDs pick were allowed to walk.

John wanted his own team and players. Whether they were. Good or not.

DT is gone next year and that cleans the slate.

broncos SB2010
03-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Iirc pouncey has had injury issues so who knows. As for cox he was a5tj pick that has played In 60+ games in his four years in the league. Started 14 for the 9ers so I'd guess not last man standing. Had 50+ tackles for a CB which is pretty high as a CB.

Yes MCD had a very bad first year drafting but your failing to understand the scouting staff was looking for a totally different tyoe of player (Shahahan) than what he was looking for. So his draft board was very lean that year.

He had loads of holes to fill and his second year filled a bunch of them. Both beadles and Walton played for fox until Walton was hurt were they good enough for Elway? No that was why they plus almost all of McDs pick were allowed to walk.

John wanted his own team and players. Whether they were. Good or not.

DT is gone next year and that cleans the slate.

so, he would rather have bad players just because they were his???