PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoff Thread

CanDB
04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
The regular season's not quite over, and there are still some question marks about the playoffs. But LA is done, and Boston is on the edge. For that matter The Pens haven't sealed it yet.

I must boast a little that our Jets have made it back to the playoffs. As a Winnipeg organization, who lost our NHL team to Arizona in 1996 and have not been in the NHL playoffs since then, this is a huge night in our hockey history. We're back and it feels so good!!

Butler By'Note
04-09-2015, 09:12 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!!! Playoffs!!!!! Congrats to CanDB on his team getting in, I'm glad both of our teams have made it! I thought the Flames were done when Gio went down, glad I was proven wrong by the resilience of this team.

InsaneBlaze23
04-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Red Wings continue their streak, which for those that don't know. Is the longest active playoff streak in all major pro sports. Not confident though, we have a good team But the last month has been terrible. Don't know if it's just being banged up and tired or coaching.

Too much talent on this team for the struggle it is having. Part of it might have something to do with us not really having a true starting goalie. Both Petr Mrazek and Jimmy Howard have different styles. The defense has to adjust to whoever is in net. And since who is starting is different every game, the defense has to adjust every game.

Now I know Babcock is only doing this to figure out who should get the most playing time in the playoffs. But we went from 3rd seed to almost not making it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. But if the Wings don't get pass the first round, Babcock will not be brought back.

Remedy
04-10-2015, 09:02 AM
YEAH BABY!!!!!! Playoffs!!!!! Congrats to CanDB on his team getting in, I'm glad both of our teams have made it! I thought the Flames were done when Gio went down, glad I was proven wrong by the resilience of this team.

I was living in calgary during the infamous 'red mile' during some of my younger years. Super fond memories..i'll always have a soft spot for those flames..

Gelinas, kipper, iginla... fun times.

I hope they do well... until they have to play my Habs

Butler By'Note
04-10-2015, 12:14 PM
I was living in calgary during the infamous 'red mile' during some of my younger years. Super fond memories..i'll always have a soft spot for those flames..

Gelinas, kipper, iginla... fun times.

I hope they do well... until they have to play my Habs

Gelinas is behind the bench for this year's team. He scored 3 series winning goals that year, some would say 4 (I would be one of those) unfortunately ABC showed the replay afterwards and the NHL never bothered to stop the game to check.

InsaneBlaze23
04-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Seen the current bracket. Looks like Wings might still get that 3rd seed. Though I dont feel they deserve it.

Butler By'Note
04-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Seen the current bracket. Looks like Wings might still get that 3rd seed. Though I dont feel they deserve it.

They'll have a tough matchup, Tampa is a really good team and Montreal is slightly less good team but they have the best goalie in the world right now which makes the team that much better. At this time of year you always want the best (and hottest) goalie. But Detroit is always dangerous and they've got the best coach. I think either match up is intriguing.

If the season ended right now you'd get: Rangers v Pittsburgh, Montreal v Ottawa, Tampa v Detroit, and Washington v Islanders in the East. In the West you'd have Anaheim v Winnipeg, St. Louis v Minnesota, Nashville v Chicago and Calgary v Vancouver (only one locked in so far).

NBC would love it because you've got Crosby v the big market Rangers, Stevie Y v his old team, the leading goal scorer v the leading point scorer (Ovechkin v Tavares) and they always love Chicago. Rogers in Canada would absolutely love it because you could pair up the 2 Canadian series and have Montreal v Ottawa early (5 mountain) and then Vancouver v Calgary late (8 mountain) with the Jets playing on all of the off nights. That's pretty much the Rogers dream I think.

Lots of good matchups, and I'm just so excited the Flames are back in and as a team that's earned it and is tough to play against not an underachieving team that backed in like they were from 2007-2009.

Remedy
04-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Gelinas is behind the bench for this year's team. He scored 3 series winning goals that year, some would say 4 (I would be one of those) unfortunately ABC showed the replay afterwards and the NHL never bothered to stop the game to check.

it was a magical time. :)

CanDB
04-10-2015, 07:12 PM

Thx bud! I am also happy for Calgary, as they earned their way in. As you say, once Gio went down I thought they were done. Not so! Good that we both got in yesterday, otherwise we would be anxiously awaiting tomorrow's game.

CanDB
04-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Well, The Pens are making life difficult for themselves. BUT they have Buffalo tomorrow. Now the pressure is really on Boston, because Ottawa is not a team you count out these days. But The Bruins have to beat Tampa, and hope.

Butler By'Note
04-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Thx bud! I am also happy for Calgary, as they earned their way in. As you say, once Gio went down I thought they were done. Not so! Good that we both got in yesterday, otherwise we would be anxiously awaiting tomorrow's game.

I had cleared my schedule for that game, I'll still watch but I'm glad that it won't be nerve wracking and it seems like the Flames are going to play some of their younger players during the game. Sam Bennett's first NHL game?

I tried to give you a CP when you started the thread but sill need to spread it around first, so I owe you one.

Butler By'Note
04-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Well, The Pens are making life difficult for themselves. BUT they have Buffalo tomorrow. Now the pressure is really on Boston, because Ottawa is not a team you count out these days. But The Bruins have to beat Tampa, and hope.

I hope the Pens miss, I'm not sure why but I really dislike that team. It's probably because of how the Canadian media keeps forcing the Pens are great and Crosby is Gretzky 2.0 angle over and over again.

InsaneBlaze23
04-11-2015, 11:26 AM
I hope the Pens miss, I'm not sure why but I really dislike that team. It's probably because of how the Canadian media keeps forcing the Pens are great and Crosby is Gretzky 2.0 angle over and over again.

Funny that they do that when TSN called Pavel the most skilled player in hockey.

Crosby imo has shoddy defense and has his entire career. He can usually be put in check. I fear Malkin on offense more than Sid.

Butler By'Note
04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Funny that they do that when TSN called Pavel the most skilled player in hockey.

Crosby imo has shoddy defense and has his entire career. He can usually be put in check. I fear Malkin on offense more than Sid.

The thing that drives me crazy is that they will never dare speak the truth about Crosby, outside of the one goal, Crosby has been very pedestrian at the Olympics, his line mates have constantly changed in those tournaments trying to get him going, all of the Canadian media will blame the line mates and how they can't play with Crosby, they never dare say that he's struggling. Same thing in the playoffs, he has an awful night but gets a second assist on a goal and they'll focus on that and talk about "Crosby doing what Crosby does" rather than talking about the 4 opposition goals he was on the ice for.

While it's true that he's probably the best player in the league, he might also be the most overrated based on how the media treats him like the North Korean media treats the Kim family.

Remedy
04-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Officially took the division.

Habs sense round one.

Remedy
04-15-2015, 07:22 PM
God I hate ottawa!

LSIGRAD09
04-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Woohoo! It's that time again.

It's a forgone conclusion that my Pens will be bounced, so I'm just along for a good ride. The few games I've seen tonight are a great start.

Remedy
04-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Woohoo! It's that time again.

It's a forgone conclusion that my Pens will be bounced, so I'm just along for a good ride. The few games I've seen tonight are a great start.

habs sens series is going to be good.

and that calgary win tonight
hooooooly...

and the blackhawks come back.

woooo

canadiansbronco
04-16-2015, 12:17 AM
looooooool at the sens calling dor a suspension......that was a 4 min if you really want to pass a message, the game misconduct was over thye line, and now they want a suspension, with their coach basically threatening to injure our best player if pk isn't suspended ?!?!? Cameron will be fined before pk is suspended the hamburglrar's run is over, go back to the echl and the sens out of the playoffs pease what a joke....

Remedy
04-16-2015, 12:55 AM
looooooool at the sens calling dor a suspension......that was a 4 min if you really want to pass a message, the game misconduct was over thye line, and now they want a suspension, with their coach basically threatening to injure our best player if pk isn't suspended ?!?!? Cameron will be fined before pk is suspended the hamburglrar's run is over, go back to the echl and the sens out of the playoffs pease what a joke....

shamburglar

CanDB
04-16-2015, 11:49 AM
I am going to have to move to the west coast to watch the late games! Our Jets are on at 9:30 tonight, so, if OT is part of the process, we're talking maybe 1 am finish!!

Hey, Jets fans don't care that much. We're finally back. And I will say that we are going to give Anaheim some grief.

canadiansbronco
04-16-2015, 12:55 PM
I am going to have to move to the west coast to watch the late games! Our Jets are on at 9:30 tonight, so, if OT is part of the process, we're talking maybe 1 am finish!!

Hey, Jets fans don't care that much. We're finally back. And I will say that we are going to give Anaheim some grief.

i have you guy winning in 7 ! Definetly cant wait to see the peg rocking the playoffs !

InsaneBlaze23
04-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Good game tonight. Turnovers cost us, as did silly penalties. But Petr standed tall in his first NHL playoff gamd, Datsyuk did what Datsyuk does. The youngs though are the players of the game and the players NHL fans should be an eye out for during this series.(Tatar, Nyquist, Glendening, Ferraro, DeKeyser, and Andersson)

CanDB
04-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Just as much as I think we know what's coming, game one sometimes gets folks hyped up about the wrong things. Of course winning it is a good thing, but I believe there is so much ahead, especially in those series that go 7 games, and often include OT.

The war of hockey has begun, and often it comes down to who has the most perseverance/discipline (and a pretty hot goalie!)

Butler By'Note
04-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Just as much as I think we know what's coming, game one sometimes gets folks hyped up about the wrong things. Of course winning it is a good thing, but I believe there is so much ahead, especially in those series that go 7 games, and often include OT.

The war of hockey has begun, and often it comes down to who has the most perseverance/discipline (and a pretty hot goalie!)

Question for you: everyone is talking about the whiteout coming back, but a friend of mine from Winnipeg pointed out that the building is usually filled with people in the blue jerseys...do you think they'll give out white shirts and towels? Or do you think it'll be more of a "blueout"? Or third option, are Winnipeggers crazy enough about the team that the majority will go buy white jerseys in order to recreate the whiteout?

Remedy
04-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Question for you: everyone is talking about the whiteout coming back, but a friend of mine from Winnipeg pointed out that the building is usually filled with people in the blue jerseys...do you think they'll give out white shirts and towels? Or do you think it'll be more of a "blueout"? Or third option, are Winnipeggers crazy enough about the team that the majority will go buy white jerseys in order to recreate the whiteout?

probably hand out white t shirts to cover everyone like they did before. they used to hand out red t shirts or sell them cheap as i recall at saddle dome.

+ white towels

Remedy
04-17-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm coming back to my condo in mexico every night to watch the games live on my patio. the locals think i am nuts.

my one neighbor came over to watch a bit. the language barried was a bit much but we had beers and enjoyed ourselves. maybe he will come over tonight again when i start yelling

CanDB
04-17-2015, 04:00 PM

The city is selling white shirts like crazy. Lineups are huge.

It's a whiteout for sure!!! Our tradition is winning out.

Remedy
04-17-2015, 04:02 PM
The city is selling white shirts like crazy. Lineups are huge. It's a whiteout for sure!!!

I remember when they left the peg.. and the white out.

CHeering for you boys.

almost puck drop..

time to show the locals how we cheer for hockey. ;)

EddieMac
04-17-2015, 04:23 PM
http://www.winnipegjetsonline.com/images/content/contact/goFLAMESgo.jpg

Butler By'Note
04-17-2015, 06:25 PM
http://www.winnipegjetsonline.com/images/content/contact/goFLAMESgo.jpg

In the words of former longtime Flames radio man Peter Maher, Yeah baby! Go Flames Go!

Butler By'Note
04-17-2015, 06:25 PM
The city is selling white shirts like crazy. Lineups are huge.

It's a whiteout for sure!!! Our tradition is winning out.

That's good to hear!

Butler By'Note
04-17-2015, 06:29 PM
probably hand out white t shirts to cover everyone like they did before. they used to hand out red t shirts or sell them cheap as i recall at saddle dome.

+ white towels

Yeah, 2003-04 was the first year the Flames brought back the red jersey (they had played a couple of season...2 I think with the black horse head as their dark jersey) and they did so with the black flaming C for the first time ever. This was quite popular and the Sea of Red that year would have probably been made up almost entirely of the brand new red jerseys, they sold very well.

I would expect the same thing if they went away from the black C and flag shoulder patches back towards the retro red with the white flaming C.

Remedy
04-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Overtime kills me.

Remedy
04-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Boooooom gallllly

CanDB
04-18-2015, 06:15 PM
I am so ticked, as Edmonton once again won the draft lottery......4th time in the last 6 years!! This is even worse than The Raiders!!!

I hope they trade the pick. The Oilers are the most incompetent management in the NHL. They are an old boys club, and they can't (and won't) get Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, Eberle, Draisaitl....and even McDavid, to play to their ability. And some day they will not be able to afford some of these guys. By the way Oilers, you need top Dmen and goalies too, not just forwards. Then again, Dubnyk looked cooked in Edmonton, and now he looks like an all star in Minnie.

Lotteries are cool, but too much luck in this case, and too much bad management. The Leafs will be better off now that Shanny has cleared the halls. But as long as The Oilers keep their group intact, they will waste a ton of talent. Poor players. Heck, they were supposed to be rewarded for their great play before entering The NHL.

InsaneBlaze23
04-18-2015, 09:03 PM
We got rekt'd.

Remedy
04-20-2015, 06:14 AM
3-0 another OT win.

my poor heart was not meant for this.

Remedy
04-20-2015, 06:16 AM
I am so ticked, as Edmonton once again won the draft lottery......4th time in the last 6 years!! This is even worse than The Raiders!!!

I hope they trade the pick. The Oilers are the most incompetent management in the NHL. They are an old boys club, and they can't (and won't) get Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, Eberle, Draisaitl....and even McDavid, to play to their ability. And some day they will not be able to afford some of these guys. By the way Oilers, you need top Dmen and goalies too, not just forwards. Then again, Dubnyk looked cooked in Edmonton, and now he looks like an all star in Minnie.

Lotteries are cool, but too much luck in this case, and too much bad management. The Leafs will be better off now that Shanny has cleared the halls. But as long as The Oilers keep their group intact, they will waste a ton of talent. Poor players. Heck, they were supposed to be rewarded for their great play before entering The NHL.

I can't wait to watch edmonton waste another first round pick, and ruin another talented young player and mire him in years of mediocrity.

LSIGRAD09
04-20-2015, 08:23 PM
I can't wait to watch edmonton waste another first round pick, and ruin another talented young player and mire him in years of mediocrity.

There should be some rule against that...

Same with the Browns taking a QB or something.

Remedy
04-21-2015, 10:30 AM
There should be some rule against that...

Same with the Browns taking a QB or something.

yep... i'm with you. poor kid.

InsaneBlaze23
04-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Solid win.
Petr building confidence, getting the shutout.
Some dirty moves by Tampa, but Abby made a point clear.

Butler By'Note
04-21-2015, 10:15 PM
When the season began all of the "experts" predicted Calgary to be near the bottom of the league, one guy on SI predicted Hartley to be the first coach fired and Treliving right after him (which made no sense since they just hired Treliving), I was hoping for them to be competitive and to see the breakthrough of several young players, maybe hanging in the playoff race into the last 15 games.

But with what this team has delivered, I don't think anyone, outside of the organization, expected, and I don't think anyone can be disappointed. I expect Vancouver to push back, even if that happens to have gone 7 games in the first round (minimum) is awesome! This team has nothing to lose, they're playing with house money. And as the playoffs go on the chances of Giordano coming back (although very slim) increase, he's practicing with the team everyday.

Go Flames Go!

InsaneBlaze23
04-22-2015, 01:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lx7dHVGIXA

Here's what caused the uproar and my comment about Tampa playing dirty. I see them becoming a rival team in the future. Just because so far with Detroit being in the Eastern Conference, Tampa has been the main(non original 6 team) to have close games against us. With that Stevie Y is in Tampa making it an even more interesting storyline.

But back to the video, it was a dirty move. Abby did what any player would've done, and it's a shame that once again NHL refs fail at making calls.

DenverBlood
04-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Sorry Insane but love nothing more than watching Detroit blow games like that.

Nothing personal. But as an Avs fan I've hated Detroit long before meeting you here.

CanDB
04-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Our Jets came up against a deeply talented Anaheim team, and failed to win a game. We gave it all we had, and our fans are amazing, but kudos to The Ducks. They came from behind in 3 games, and look like a Cup contender.....not because they beat us, but the way they did.

Loved seeing our fans give the boys a standing O at the end of the game. I am proud of our town for the way we support our team. It bugs me to see games during the regular season in some cities, with tons of empty seats.

Anyway....watch out for The Jets in the future. Making the playoffs was an education for many of our players. They will learn from it, even going down in 4 straight games. The good news....we have a good team, with great prospects! Not boasting, but the word out there is that we will be a quality team for years to come.

InsaneBlaze23
04-23-2015, 10:21 PM
No shots in final 8mins of regulation. Wings deserved to lose, and frankly i think the series was lost tonight. I dont know what it is, but Babcock has failed to fire up this team, the lines he put together dont make sense. Its like he has no interest in proving he should remain with the team.

In the defense has no life. They get lazy and give up. Brendan Smith and Big E should never wear a Red sweater again.

LSIGRAD09
04-24-2015, 07:28 PM
I sad. :sad: :sad:

Need to root for another team now.

InsaneBlaze23
04-24-2015, 10:24 PM
Glad the flightless birds are out. There is only a few teams I love seeing fail(none more than Colorado and Chicago).....Pittsburgh is one.

CanDB
04-25-2015, 10:09 AM
When the season began all of the "experts" predicted Calgary to be near the bottom of the league, one guy on SI predicted Hartley to be the first coach fired and Treliving right after him (which made no sense since they just hired Treliving), I was hoping for them to be competitive and to see the breakthrough of several young players, maybe hanging in the playoff race into the last 15 games.

But with what this team has delivered, I don't think anyone, outside of the organization, expected, and I don't think anyone can be disappointed. I expect Vancouver to push back, even if that happens to have gone 7 games in the first round (minimum) is awesome! This team has nothing to lose, they're playing with house money. And as the playoffs go on the chances of Giordano coming back (although very slim) increase, he's practicing with the team everyday.

Go Flames Go!

Good luck bud. You're still in the driver's seat.

Have to mention something very positive about our cities. For one, I do not mean to boast, but Calgary and Winnipeg are among the "good news" stories of the year. And I am so proud of this city, after losing our NHL team, to not only to be part of The NHL but to be recognized for our great fans. The Whiteout is for real! And it's hard for me to remember a team's fans being chosen as 3rd star of the night!! This city gets its knocks (cold, mosquitoes, smallish), but I like it just fine. And based on what happened with our team and the fan support, I am quite sure other players will think about playing here. Hey, the fan base is exceptional, and this team is going up and up. Watch out when the new kids start showing up. In your case, look what Gaudreau and Monahan have contributed. We have some studs waiting to rise.

BUT HERE'S MY MAIN POINT......The Calgary fans (under "CofRed") put a full page ad in our (Free Press) sports section today, congratulating us and our team. It ended with:

"Congratulation on a great season!
From your friends at the Calgary Flames"

How classy and cool is that!

Go Flames Go!!

LSIGRAD09
04-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Glad the flightless birds are out. There is only a few teams I love seeing fail(none more than Colorado and Chicago).....Pittsburgh is one.

Why do you hate them so much. Personally I like the Wings, because of Datsyuk, and of course when Lidstrom played.

Butler By'Note
04-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Good luck bud. You're still in the driver's seat.

Have to mention something very positive about our cities. For one, I do not mean to boast, but Calgary and Winnipeg are among the "good news" stories of the year. And I am so proud of this city, after losing our NHL team, to not only to be part of The NHL but to be recognized for our great fans. The Whiteout is for real! And it's hard for me to remember a team's fans being chosen as 3rd star of the night!! This city gets its knocks (cold, mosquitoes, smallish), but I like it just fine. And based on what happened with our team and the fan support, I am quite sure other players will think about playing here. Hey, the fan base is exceptional, and this team is going up and up. Watch out when the new kids start showing up. In your case, look what Gaudreau and Monahan have contributed. We have some studs waiting to rise.

BUT HERE'S MY MAIN POINT......The Calgary fans (under "CofRed") put a full page ad in our (Free Press) sports section today, congratulating us and our team. It ended with:

"Congratulation on a great season!
From your friends at the Calgary Flames"

How classy and cool is that!

Go Flames Go!!

My friend who lives in the Peg sent me a picture of the ad, I'm pretty sure it was actually the Flames (Brian Burke) who took out the ad, he has a history of putting out ads to congratulate teams and fans after great seasons, and I think that was the case here. I thought it was awesome, and I think it was fully warranted! The Jets had a great season and look to have an incredible future and for my money the fans at the MTS Centre are the best fans in the NHL! I can remember going to games at the old Winnipeg Arena in the late 80's (I lived there for a few years as a kid) and that place was loud and intimidating, and they had the big picture of the queen!

BroncosFanInPA
04-25-2015, 04:02 PM
https://www.krafthockeyville.com/

I'm sure all the hockey fans out there are aware of this contest...

well that is my town that made it to the final round :clap: just thought i would share that :)

InsaneBlaze23
04-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Hasek 2.0 did what would have happened last game had the Wings defense not laid an egg and had the offense tried to keep the fire going. One more game if they can keep it up, then next round.

InsaneBlaze23
04-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Why do you hate them so much. Personally I like the Wings, because of Datsyuk, and of course when Lidstrom played.

Its the way they play. Over confident, at times dirty. I think Crosby is one of the most overrated players in the sport.(Malkin is better overrall on that team imo) and they are one of those teams that get butt hurt when they lose and try to start fights. I still remember Crobsy getting his panties in a bunch and tried to fight Jimmy Howard....Howard shoved his glove down Sid's throat.

EddieMac
04-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Woooo hoooooo calgary!!!!!

Butler By'Note
04-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InsaneBlaze23
04-26-2015, 04:41 AM
Congrats to Calgary. Not a fan, but as long as Hudler is in a Flames jersey i dont mind seeing them win....just not against my team. He's still a Wing in my eyes.

Remedy
04-26-2015, 07:18 AM
Redmile looks crazy lastnight from the photos I was getting.

CanDB
04-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Hasek 2.0 did what would have happened last game had the Wings defense not laid an egg and had the offense tried to keep the fire going. One more game if they can keep it up, then next round.

Geez Insane.....I hate to tell you this, but I got Stamkos and Johnson in my hockey pool. I hope you don't completely disown me. Hey, pools can be tricky if the other dudes know their stuff. But I really thought Tampa had some possibilities this year.

But Detroit is shutting them out regularly. And Stamkos looks like a nervous wreck out there! It's like he's a rookie or something.

You will likely move forward, but I just didn't see it coming prior to the playoffs.

Good luck!

CanDB
04-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! Sorry if I don't put a full page ad in your paper.;) Truth is, The Flames are well-liked by most folks I know. Calling them over-achievers may sound disrespectful to some, but I have nothing but praise for those who maximize what they have. They play a really nice game, albeit they didn't look too safe in the 1st period.

One suggestion.....can you guys chip in and get Burkey a haircut? Maybe even teach him how to knot a tie.:P (Ha ha.....he comes across gruff and all, but I kinda like him.)

Remedy
04-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Now I need my habs to finish off ottawa tonight. knock on wood.

armedequation
04-26-2015, 11:07 AM
flames were definitely impressive.

i turned on the islanders game right as the end scuffle ensued

some awesome hockey!!!

InsaneBlaze23
04-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Geez Insane.....I hate to tell you this, but I got Stamkos and Johnson in my hockey pool. I hope you don't completely disown me. Hey, pools can be tricky if the other dudes know their stuff. But I really thought Tampa had some possibilities this year.

But Detroit is shutting them out regularly. And Stamkos looks like a nervous wreck out there! It's like he's a rookie or something.

You will likely move forward, but I just didn't see it coming prior to the playoffs.

Good luck!

Its cool.
Yea Detroit matches up well against Tampa. Stamkos is always in check. Tampa has only been shutout 3 times this season, all 3 was against Detroit. Their trick? The forwards are playing serious defense, and the team is moving the puck around, controlling time.

Anything can happen in sports, so I'm not celebrating until we move on and Tampa is behind us.

canadiansbronco
04-26-2015, 09:54 PM
fiiiiiinally those annoying sens have bveen taken care of haha

InsaneBlaze23
04-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Now it gets fun.

Remedy
04-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Now it gets fun.

aye...

I wanna play detroit

canadiansbronco
04-27-2015, 09:49 PM
MTL- DET would be a great series...

That Mzareck save and Kronwall hit tho !!!!!

Man i love playoff hockey

InsaneBlaze23
04-27-2015, 10:28 PM
MTL- DET would be a great series...

That Mzareck save and Kronwall hit tho !!!!!

Man i love playoff hockey

Mrazek is a beast, hence the nickname he has been given(Hasek 2.0) what sucks is that he is often alone. As in our players slack off on defense, we're able to contain Stamkos, but every other player walks through our defense, plus the turnovers. This was one of those games where players didnt help out the goalie. Tatar tried his best with 2 goals, but nobody brought any offense.

canadiansbronco
04-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Mrazek is a beast, hence the nickname he has been given(Hasek 2.0) what sucks is that he is often alone. As in our players slack off on defense, we're able to contain Stamkos, but every other player walks through our defense, plus the turnovers. This was one of those games where players didnt help out the goalie. Tatar tried his best with 2 goals, but nobody brought any offense.

yeh i didn't really pay attention to him, just knew he took the job from award, but man did he deserve better today, that was the save of the playoffs right there.

Weird series that one it's like every team get their turn dominating

DenverBlood
04-28-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm not really watching many games but have been tracking all of the scores. This Detroit Tampa series is so baffling. 4 road wins makes it really hard to predict anything. And the scores and SOG are so drastically different game to game. So neither team is really consistent.

Based on the way the series is gone I would say Detroit is still the favorite to win the series. But obviously Tampa is probably still happy to be playing Game 7 at home. So we'll see tomorrow.

InsaneBlaze23
04-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Kronwall getting suspended is one of many things wrong with the NHL rules....at least how Gary and co interpret. Kronwall had a clean hit, even the refs agreed. But no suspension when Shea Weber blasted Hank in the head or from the 2 headshots in the last game and still no punishment for intentionally tripping Mrazek.

InsaneBlaze23
04-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Zidlicky is not gonna play tonight. Out with injury. With him out and Kronwall, i dont have much faith in tonights game ending with a W for the good guys.

Remedy
04-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Zidlicky is not gonna play tonight. Out with injury. With him out and Kronwall, i dont have much faith in tonights game ending with a W for the good guys.

you never know with playoff hockey.

that being said i'm rooting for you guys.

InsaneBlaze23
04-29-2015, 07:12 PM
As i expected. Bye Babcock have fun never getting Toronto to the playoffs. Datsyuk will probably retire or play in Russia. End of the season, we'll probably see Anthony Mantha and Larkin next season.

LSIGRAD09
04-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Its the way they play. Over confident, at times dirty. I think Crosby is one of the most overrated players in the sport.(Malkin is better overrall on that team imo) and they are one of those teams that get butt hurt when they lose and try to start fights. I still remember Crobsy getting his panties in a bunch and tried to fight Jimmy Howard....Howard shoved his glove down Sid's throat.

I'll grant you that Crosby acts like a petulant child. I'll also grant you the dirty part. Several years they have "gooned" it up out there. I have no clue why they picked up Steve Downie.

Although I can't see them being worse than that rat Marchand and that fool Lucic on the Bruins.

Sorry about your Wings.

InsaneBlaze23
04-29-2015, 07:24 PM
I'll grant you that Crosby acts like a petulant child. I'll also grant you the dirty part. Several years they have "gooned" it up out there. I have no clue why they picked up Steve Downie.

Although I can't see them being worse than that rat Marchand and that fool Lucic on the Bruins.

Sorry about your Wings.

I hate the Bruins more than Pittsburgh. I can't stand Boston and how they get away with their dirty play. Lucic is words i cant use on the forum.

Thanks, i expected a loss tonight. Did my angry fan rage last game. As least we lost to a team that has Stevie Y at the helm.

CanDB
04-29-2015, 10:35 PM
I hate the Bruins more than Pittsburgh. I can't stand Boston and how they get away with their dirty play. Lucic is words i cant use on the forum.

Thanks, i expected a loss tonight. Did my angry fan rage last game. As least we lost to a team that has Stevie Y at the helm.

It was a tall order without Kronwall and Zidlicky. Pretty even game.

InsaneBlaze23
04-29-2015, 11:17 PM
It was a tall order without Kronwall and Zidlicky. Pretty even game.
Kronwall should have never been suspended. But other than his usual hits, he has had turnover issues. Not having Zidlicky was a bigger pain. Kindl had a great game though.

Remedy
04-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Soo Tampa...

The playoffs will be the opposite of the season habs sweep.

Butler By'Note
04-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Soo Tampa...

The playoffs will be the opposite of the season habs sweep.

It's going to be a close series, I would give the edge to Tampa in talent but Montreal has the great equalizer between the pipes, and mediocre teams (Calgary 04, Edmonton 06 etc.) have ridden hot goaltending a long long way. And Montreal is by no means a mediocre team.

I think the series goes 6 or 7 games, I'll pick Tampa just because I know one of their players, but it really wouldn't shock me to see Montreal win.

As for the Calgary series, hopefully the Flames can win a game or two, everyone's talking about their run of futility at the Pond, it would be nice for them to win tonight so that storyline goes away and they can just focus on present day issues, not how badly outplayed the 2010 team was.

SoundsOfSuccess
04-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Ducks ran Hiller to the bench in his playoff homecoming.

This is a Ducks team that is a serious playoff threat I think. They look a hell of a lot better than the last 2 years. Have a good feeling about this group.

JT24Champ
05-07-2015, 10:31 AM
what the heck is wrong with montreal

CanDB
05-08-2015, 11:35 AM
what the heck is wrong with montreal

Didn't they just win??? Ha ha......that's their first win over Tampa all season, so it is not overly surprising that Tampa is up 3 to 1. Plus you sent this before the game.;)

For me, Montreal has the best goalie in the game, but needs more O from its forwards. Take away Pacioretty and they are D vs O.

In other series:

Looks like Washington and Anaheim are next to move on, now that Chicago has swept Minnie. Calgary is a very "game" team, but Anaheim has more pieces, especially when Getz and Perry are on. The Rangers are not completely done, but they remind me of The Habs......D vs O.

Butler By'Note
05-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Calgary played their best game of the round by far tonight but didn't get the result. The officials lost control of this game, too much clutching and grabbing and punches after the whistle (going both ways) the game looked like something pre lockout.

The Flames face an uphill challenge and look like they're about to exhaust their final life, BUT having said that, every time they faced an opportunity to just fade away this year, they met the challenge. This team won't quit, I think they'll make Anaheim earn it on Sunday.