PDA

View Full Version : Planning my Husbands Surpise 30th! Huge Broncos Fan! Need other fans help!

MissEmilyDT
05-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I am from Ottawa, Canada, and I am planning a surprise trip to Denver for my husbands 30th. He is a MASSIVE Die-Hard Broncos Fan and it has always been his dream to see a Broncos home game in Denver.

I am purchasing tickets for the Oct 4th game so we will be in Denver that week. (I am also looking for suggestions on where the best seats are in the stadium... I don't want to mess this up and I'm sure some are better than others - trying to keep it around $300-$400 a ticket)

Other than the Tailgate party, stadium tour and of course.. the GAME!! I am looking for some fun ideas for the remainder of our trip.

I want this trip to be all about him and his favorite things.
Other than LOVING anything to do with football, he is into vintage muscle cars, scotch/whiskey, cigars and of course a good steak. All things I would like to treat him to while we are there.

I of course also want to explore the beauty of Denver, and really just looking for fun things to do and places to see!

Any and all suggestions are very appreciated.
Thank you all so much! :)

Emily.

Rancid
05-11-2015, 06:54 PM
For a fee, I would be willing to wear my orange speedo and jump out of a cake for your Husband's birthday; I am pretty sure he will be surprised and you can rest assured it will be something he will always remember.

Afterwards, you can go to: http://www.pintspub.com/ they have a large selection of single-malt distillery scotch whiskeys; if he is into single-malts.

If you want to see Colorado sights, there are a lot within driving distance of Denver. Drive east and there is frontier type attractions, a day in the mountains can be fun at Estes Park, and there are some cool attractions down in the Springs for a day trip.

It depends really on what Colorado you want to see. The best part will be the dude jumping out of a cake in a speedo! :laugh:

akwarmike
05-12-2015, 04:10 AM
Hi everyone,

I am from Ottawa, Canada, and I am planning a surprise trip to Denver for my husbands 30th. He is a MASSIVE Die-Hard Broncos Fan and it has always been his dream to see a Broncos home game in Denver.

I am purchasing tickets for the Oct 4th game so we will be in Denver that week. (I am also looking for suggestions on where the best seats are in the stadium... I don't want to mess this up and I'm sure some are better than others - trying to keep it around $300-$400 a ticket)

Other than the Tailgate party, stadium tour and of course.. the GAME!! I am looking for some fun ideas for the remainder of our trip.

I want this trip to be all about him and his favorite things.
Other than LOVING anything to do with football, he is into vintage muscle cars, scotch/whiskey, cigars and of course a good steak. All things I would like to treat him to while we are there.

I of course also want to explore the beauty of Denver, and really just looking for fun things to do and places to see!

Any and all suggestions are very appreciated.
Thank you all so much! :)

Emily.

We are flying back to Denver for the Minnesota game also from Alaska, used to live just north of Denver in the early 90's and the western slope before that, born in Rifle. I know it's changed a lot in the past 20 years, but I have eaten at Del Frisco's about 6 years ago, awesome steak and they have a separate cigar and whiskey bar, kind of the whole package. Have a blast.

westside Bronco
05-13-2015, 04:36 PM
we are flying back to denver for the minnesota game also from alaska, used to live just north of denver in the early 90's and the western slope before that, born in rifle. I know it's changed a lot in the past 20 years, but i have eaten at del frisco's about 6 years ago, awesome steak and they have a separate cigar and whiskey bar, kind of the whole package. Have a blast.

there is cool muscle car in the west tailgate lot...worth checking-out!

FL BRONCO
05-14-2015, 08:59 AM
For a fee, I would be willing to wear my orange speedo and jump out of a cake for your Husband's birthday; I am pretty sure he will be surprised and you can rest assured it will be something he will always remember.

Afterwards, you can go to: http://www.pintspub.com/ they have a large selection of single-malt distillery scotch whiskeys; if he is into single-malts.

If you want to see Colorado sights, there are a lot within driving distance of Denver. Drive east and there is frontier type attractions, a day in the mountains can be fun at Estes Park, and there are some cool attractions down in the Springs for a day trip.

It depends really on what Colorado you want to see. The best part will be the dude jumping out of a cake in a speedo! :laugh:

If I can video tape it and you tube it you are on:thumb:

To Op. Awesome. I hope you both have a great time and Welcome to Bronco Country:salute: