PDA

View Full Version : Ray McDonald arrested again

FL BRONCO
05-25-2015, 09:20 AM
BREAKING. Deja Vu. Ray McDonald arrested again. Domestic Violence. Possible Child Endangerment. #SCPD. @ChicagoBears

broncoslover115
05-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Can this crap just please stop. I mean really. Can we give this a rest. Jeez, getting freaking sick of this.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/05/25/report-ray-mcdonald-arrested-for-domestic-violence-possible-child-endangerment/

Chicago Bears defensive lineman Ray McDonald is in trouble with the law again after being arrested for domestic violence and possible child endangerment, according to a report from Bay Area NBC reporter Damian Trujillo.

fallforward3y+
05-25-2015, 12:23 PM
I like to be objective in judging cases and give both sides a chance, but when someone has multiple arrests for a similar offense it starts to seem less and less likely that they are innocent. It is still possible he's innocent, but this is a big red flag.

The nature of the crimes he is accused of makes him seem like a very dangerous individual, who endangers the lives of others if the accusation is in fact true. It seems to go beyond a bad temper, he may be a flat out sociopath.

It's kind of a scary thought actually, how you often can be around these types of people and not know it. Most guys in the NFL are likely good guys, but some cases I hear are disturbing to think about.

broncoslover115
05-25-2015, 01:27 PM
I like to be objective in judging cases and give both sides a chance, but when someone has multiple arrests for a similar offense it starts to seem less and less likely that they are innocent. It is still possible he's innocent, but this is a big red flag.

The nature of the crimes he is accused of makes him seem like a very dangerous individual, who endangers the lives of others if the accusation is in fact true. It seems to go beyond a bad temper, he may be a flat out sociopath.

It's kind of a scary thought actually, how you often can be around these types of people and not know it. Most guys in the NFL are likely good guys, but some cases I hear are disturbing to think about.

Two DV charges, one sexual assault accusation and now child endangerment added to the mix in a very short time span....a pattern has emerged. This is no longer a coincidence... I'm sure the Bears are going to cut him immediately. Several analysts on SC are calling for him to be cut as well. He needs to go. Period, end of story, no more wait and see. He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

This guy is dangerous and needs to get his crap together before he worries about football.

Edit: Chicago Bears just released him. There you go. They also reported that he assaulted the woman with a baby in her arms. Smh!

FL BRONCO
05-25-2015, 01:40 PM
shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe 3m3 minutes ago
This should come as no surprise the Bears have released R. McDonald.He's either really unlucky or terrible decision maker.

Well I don't know what to think, I know just 4 days ago he filed a suit against his 2nd accuser for defamation, and claims he has tapes from his house security showing he had consensual sex with her, could this have something to do with that and this guy is suffering cause he is rich and a target or is he a dirtbag who is getting worse. I don't know and will reserve judgement. I do know one thing though, Chicago aint reserving judgement.

broncoslover115
05-25-2015, 01:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494037/article/mcdonald-arrested-for-misdemeanor-domestic-violence

FL BRONCO
05-25-2015, 01:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494037/article/mcdonald-arrested-for-misdemeanor-domestic-violence

According to the police report, officers were dispatched at 3:48 a.m. to a disturbance at McDonald's Santa Clara residence where they learned McDonald "physically assaulted the victim while she was holding a baby." McDonald left the residence before police arrived. He was later located and arrested in San Jose.

Wow, certainly doesn't sound good does it.

FL BRONCO
05-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Ray McDonald's attorney Steve Defilippis comments to me on McDonald's release by the #Bears: "The bottom line is I think Chicago is moving too fast on this. They have absolutely no information at this point. They should be waiting to hear what the real facts are."

broncoslover115
05-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Ray McDonald's attorney Steve Defilippis comments to me on McDonald's release by the #Bears: "The bottom line is I think Chicago is moving too fast on this. They have absolutely no information at this point. They should be waiting to hear what the real facts are."

Why? They get to make any kind of decision about whom they wish to employ. They made a deal with him that his employment was contingent on him not getting arrested for this kind of thing and he failed to meet that requirement.

This guy has had several chances and does not deserve any benefit of the doubt. He signed the contract, he knew what the conditions were and didn't meet them.

Too many red flags, a pattern of behavior, too much chaos surrounds him and he's a hot mess. He needs help, some type of intervention and needs to worry about getting his life straight instead of worrying about football right now.

bears6385
05-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Why? They get to make any kind of decision about whom they wish to employ. They made a deal with him that his employment was contingent on him not getting arrested for this kind of thing and he failed to meet that requirement.

This guy has had several chances and does not deserve any benefit of the doubt. He signed the contract, he knew what the conditions were and didn't meet them.

Too many red flags, a pattern of behavior, too much chaos surrounds him and he's a hot mess. He needs help, some type of intervention and needs to worry about getting his life straight instead of worrying about football right now.Exactly.........McDonald got his last best chance from the Bears, screwed it up and got released. That is the bottom line.

fallforward3y+
05-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Two DV charges, one sexual assault accusation and now child endangerment added to the mix in a very short time span....a pattern has emerged. This is no longer a coincidence... I'm sure the Bears are going to cut him immediately. Several analysts on SC are calling for him to be cut as well. He needs to go. Period, end of story, no more wait and see. He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

This guy is dangerous and needs to get his crap together before he worries about football.

Edit: Chicago Bears just released him. There you go. They also reported that he assaulted the woman with a baby in her arms. Smh!

I didn't even know about the sexual assault allegation, that makes it even worse.

I like to stay open, and acknowledge possibilities, as it is after all not fully proven I suppose. However, after a certain point, it becomes harder and harder to believe. When someone is often at the center of controversy/drama, at a certain point it becomes hard to believe they aren't causing it. The likelihood of being the victim of 3 false allegations from different people is very unlikely.

The nature of the crimes is particularly disturbing, that's the sort of thing I meant when I said he may be a flat out sociopath. I didn't even know she was holding a baby when I typed my last post in this thread I believe. He allegedly assaulted a pregnant woman, and now one who was holding a baby. Those are the types of things you likely would only do if you have a complete disregard for the safety of people around you.

Rancid
05-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Jerry Jones will sign him. All the Cowboys will have ankle bracelets.

broncoslover115
05-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Jerry Jones will sign him. All the Cowboys will have ankle bracelets.

OMG, I just spit out my beer from laughing so hard. Leave it up to you to always bring some humor to a situation when it's needed. :laugh:

And all the Patriots will be wearing body cameras!!

broncoslover115
05-28-2015, 04:30 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/05/28/ray-mcdonald-arrest-restraining-order-violation-santa-clara/28046925/

Ray McDonald Arrested Again for Violating Restraining Order.

This guy is so stupid and just doesn't get it. He violated his restraining order and was arrested AGAIN for the second time in 3 days.

Idiot, narcissist and completely unable to follow any laws. He needs to stay arrested and be given severe consequences for once.

Edit: He and his lawyer claim that they didn't know about the restraining order. That is a bunch of BS people.

When someone is arrested for domestic violence, a temporary restraining order (TRO) is issued AUTOMATICALLY for 30 days or less until things get sorted out, especially for a repeat offender.

And it is served....meaning it is given to the offending party and/or their attorney BEFORE they are released from court at the time of their bail hearing.

The victim then can petition the court for a permanent one before the TRO expires while the investigation ensues and the disposition of the case is reached.

I'm sorry, that's something any lawyer would know.

FL BRONCO
05-28-2015, 08:51 AM
I don't know whats going on either way. It sucks their is a child in the middle of all this though. None of this is good for anyone involved especially the child. We will see what comes out about it in the months to come.

Garfield
05-28-2015, 09:05 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/05/28/ray-mcdonald-arrest-restraining-order-violation-santa-clara/28046925/

Ray McDonald Arrested Again for Violating Restraining Order.

This guy is so stupid and just doesn't get it. He violated his restraining order and was arrested AGAIN for the second time in 3 days.

Idiot, narcissist and completely unable to follow any laws. He needs to stay arrested and be given severe consequences for once.

Edit: He and his lawyer claim that they didn't know about the restraining order. That is a bunch of BS people.

When someone is arrested for domestic violence, a temporary restraining order (TRO) is issued AUTOMATICALLY for 30 days or less until things get sorted out, especially for a repeat offender.

And it is served....meaning it is given to the offending party and/or their attorney BEFORE they are released from court at the time of their bail hearing.

The victim then can petition the court for a permanent one before the TRO expires while the investigation ensues and the disposition of the case is reached.

I'm sorry, that's something any lawyer would know.

Since it is not a federal offense or heard in a feder court and is a state or a city law not all of them are the same state to state.

The TRO may not be automatic where they are.
I do have to admit that he was probably told by his lawyer to stay away. IF a TRO was not placed on him.

I know your an advocate and I may be incorrect on Texas law, but I wanted you to be aware that not every court does it the same as your used to seeing it.

broncoslover115
05-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Since it is not a federal offense or heard in a feder court and is a state or a city law not all of them are the same state to state.

The TRO may not be automatic where they are.
I do have to admit that he was probably told by his lawyer to stay away. IF a TRO was not placed on him.

I know your an advocate and I may be incorrect on Texas law, but I wanted you to be aware that not every court does it the same as your used to seeing it.

This was not in Texas, this was in Santa Clara County, CA. My first job as an advocate was in Santa Clara County, so I am pretty familiar with the laws there. I worked in that county for 8 years after I graduated from Santa Clara University. OK, I agree the dispensation may be different in each place.

Regarding how things worked in Santa Clara County, while the dispensing of a CPO/TRO may not have technically been automatic under statute, it basically was an automatic in practicality, particularly for repeat offenders like McDonald, regardless if charges had been filed before or not.

But, let's assume for the sake of argument they aren't automatic.

Nonetheless, McDonald was given a copy of the CPO/TRO as a condition of his bail. A CPO/TRO was placed on him. So you questioning that when you say, 'If one was not placed on him," doesn't make sense. If there wasn't one placed on him he would not have been arrested again for violating it.

http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/restraining/crim_ro.shtml#when
This is the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara website, and the page that deals with Criminal Protective Orders.

FAQ's

How will a defendant know there is a Criminal Protective Order?

Answer: A defendant will be given a copy of the CPO while in court.

So regardless of whether they are automatic, (yes, I will agree that not all states are the same), in his case he was given one, he received a copy of it while in court, and he violated it. Saying he was unaware that one was in place is a bunch of bull.

broncoslover115
07-09-2015, 12:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13228267/ray-mcdonald-former-san-francisco-49ers-chicago-bears-defensive-tackle-charged-domestic-violence-false-imprisonment

7/9/15

ESPN.com news services

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Prosecutors in California have charged former San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald with domestic violence and false imprisonment following allegations he assaulted his ex-fiancée while she held their 2-month-old child.

The restraining order Ray McDonald is accused of violating was issued as a result of his arrest on suspicion of domestic violence and child endangerment.

The Santa Clara County district attorney's office announced the charges Thursday. McDonald also is charged with child endangerment and violating a court order that he stay away from the victim. He is scheduled to be arraigned in the afternoon.

If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to three years in prison.

A call to McDonald's attorney, Steve Defilippis, wasn't immediately returned.

Prosecutors say McDonald broke into the woman's bedroom around 4 a.m. on May 25 and assaulted her while his driver tried to stop him and she tried to get away. They say he eventually left the scene.

"It is unconscionable and illegal for any woman to be trapped, whether it be behind a dining room table or in a relationship filled with fear and violence," prosecutor James Demertzis said in a statement.

The 49ers released McDonald in December for a "a pattern of poor behavior." The Bears then signed McDonald to a one-year contract in late March, only to release him after his arrest in Santa Clara. He was arrested again later that week for violating a restraining order.

Rastic
07-09-2015, 12:35 PM
http://cdn3.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_mkhvgdL2Nf1s3n3ano1_500.gif

Yeah, that pretty much sums this guy up, Mrs. Blue.