PDA

View Full Version : Falcon's Prince Shambo Released After Killing Girlfriend's Dog

broncoslover115
05-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Jeez Louise, this is really serious stuff.

Animal abuse is a considered a significant risk factor in determining the lethality of those who are at risk of becoming batterers or engaging in serious forms of violence. It is given serious weight in attempting to assess and determine how lethal or threatening someone might become.

He was also accused or sexual assault in college, but once again, never charged. The alleged victim committed suicide. Why is it that we keep hearing about case after case, yet these guys are never charged. Our criminal justice system sucks. Getting tired of it.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25199622/falcons-lb-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriends-dog

Falcons linebacker Prince Shembo was released by the team on Friday after being charged with aggravated cruelty to animals stemming from an incident where he allegedly killed his ex-girlfriend's dog.

"We are aware of the charges that have been filed against Prince Shembo," the team said in a statement. "We are extremely disappointed that one of our players is involved in something like this. Accordingly, we have decided to waive Prince Shembo."

According to the police report from Gwinnett County, the small Yorkie was left alone with Shembo in April and when his girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend) came to retrieve the dog, she found it unresponsive.

At that point, the girlfriend, Denicia Williams, took the dog to a nearby vet where the animal was pronounced dead. Williams called police on April 19 after Shembo admitted that he had kicked the dog several times.

Veterinarians were able to determine that the cause of death was blunt force trauma after performing a necropsy on the dog, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. The vets also noted that the animal "had significant internal injuries."

The AJC also added that the dog had "a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising and hemorrhage in the muscles in her front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea, and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries."

Shembo has been with the Falcons since being selected in the 2014 NFL Draft out of Notre Dame. While at Notre Dame, Shembo was accused of sexual assault by a student named Lizzy Seeberg, who later committed suicide.

Shembo was never charged, but he did admit at the NFL Combine that he knew Seeberg.

HUMCALC
05-29-2015, 07:14 PM
This is the 3rd dog-related incident that I've heard about in an hour. One guy taped his roommate's dog's mouth shut & a woman bit her son's pit bull's testicle off. How sick are these people?

broncoslover115
05-29-2015, 07:18 PM
This is the 3rd dog-related incident that I've heard about in an hour. One guy taped his roommate's dog's mouth shut & a woman bit her son's pit bull's testicle off. How sick are these people?

What????????????? And obviously, this is the second for the Falcons, as we all know about Michael Vick.

HUMCALC
05-29-2015, 07:26 PM
What????????????? And obviously, this is the second for the Falcons, as we all know about Michael Vick.

He should've gotten the chair for that

roushmartin6
05-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Just sick, how could someone do that to a poor dog

fallforward3y+
05-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Both of this guy's cases seem to point strongly to his guilt. While it may not be 100% certainty, there are things that seem to point strongly to his guilt in both the sexual assault allegation and the animal abuse one

In the sexual assault allegation, his victim committed suicide. That makes it seem very unlikely she made it up.

In this case, I haven't heard a good explanation for how the dog got those injuries, and it doesn't seem like something that happens by accident, and I believe it was him alone with the dog(though I'm not sure).

As was said before by broncolover, animal abuse is a predictor of someone being dangerous, if these things are true it seems like this guy is a sociopath. Of course, animal abuse alone is enough to warrant a harsh punishment I would say. He admitted to kicking the dog, so it doesn't look like he has much of a defense now.

I usually say wait and see what happens later in the trial, but in this case I think enough is there to cut him right now, which I believe the Falcons did.

broncoslover115
05-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Both of this guy's cases seem to point strongly to his guilt. While it may not be 100% certainty, there are things that seem to point strongly to his guilt in both the sexual assault allegation and the animal abuse one

In the sexual assault allegation, his victim committed suicide. That makes it seem very unlikely she made it up.

In this case, I haven't heard a good explanation for how the dog got those injuries, and it doesn't seem like something that happens by accident, and I believe it was him alone with the dog(though I'm not sure).

As was said before by broncolover, animal abuse is a predictor of someone being dangerous, if these things are true it seems like this guy is a sociopath. Of course, animal abuse alone is enough to warrant a harsh punishment I would say. He admitted to kicking the dog, so it doesn't look like he has much of a defense now.

I usually say wait and see what happens later in the trial, but in this case I think enough is there to cut him right now, which I believe the Falcons did.

No wait and see for me. The dirtbag beat a 5lb Yorkie to death. I could give a rat's ass if he "meant" to or not. He did it. The injuries were so severe that they are indicative of a downright beating, not just a kicking to try and get the dog away if he was being bitten.

He's a total scumbag who deserves zero benefit of the doubt, empathy, reservation or mercy.

And I'm sick of guys like these being able to continue to walk around free because there are little to no consequences. When there are little to no consequences, violence continues and escalates.

It would really be nice if we could actually have a few news cycles in the NFL without hearing about players being accused/ charged or suspended for some form of domestic violence, sexual assault, physical child abuse, child sexual abuse, child endangerment, animal abuse, substance abuse, DUI, and what have you. God, it's freaking sickening.

When is this crap gonna stop?

IrishFan81
05-30-2015, 09:30 PM
I can't believe a golden domer would do something like this just unreal and a shame to the Fighting Irish Family

bronx_2003
05-31-2015, 02:43 AM
No wait and see for me. The dirtbag beat a 5lb Yorkie to death. I could give a rat's ass if he "meant" to or not. He did it. The injuries were so severe that they are indicative of a downright beating, not just a kicking to try and get the dog away if he was being bitten.

He's a total scumbag who deserves zero benefit of the doubt, empathy, reservation or mercy.

And I'm sick of guys like these being able to continue to walk around free because there are little to no consequences. When there are little to no consequences, violence continues and escalates.

It would really be nice if we could actually have a few news cycles in the NFL without hearing about players being accused/ charged or suspended for some form of domestic violence, sexual assault, physical child abuse, child sexual abuse, child endangerment, animal abuse, substance abuse, DUI, and what have you. God, it's freaking sickening.

When is this crap gonna stop?

The good done by NFL players outnumber the small minority of bad by millions to one.

Unfortunately in today's media they only care about the bad in the world. Guess it interests the public more

broncoslover115
05-31-2015, 04:29 AM
The good done by NFL players outnumber the small minority of bad by millions to one.

Unfortunately in today's media they only care about the bad in the world. Guess it interests the public more

Yup, and I'm still sick of it.

Yup, and I'm still tired of these guys getting minimal to no consequences.

Yup, and just because it may be a small percentage of guys doing this crap doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Yup, and yet it still pisses me off that a guy who "allegedly" sexually assaults a woman who later commits suicide, is still freaking drafted instead of being hauled off to jail.

Just because most of the players in the NFL are good, solid guys, has zero bearing on the fact that I'M SICK OF THIS CRAP.

bronx_2003
05-31-2015, 06:06 AM
Yup, and I'm still sick of it.

Yup, and I'm still tired of these guys getting minimal to no consequences.

Yup, and just because it may be a small percentage of guys doing this crap doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Yup, and yet it still pisses me off that a guy who "allegedly" sexually assaults a woman who later commits suicide, is still freaking drafted instead of being hauled off to jail.

Just because most of the players in the NFL are good, solid guys, has zero bearing on the fact that I'M SICK OF THIS CRAP.

I'm not saying your wrong or its acceptable, but if you expect/hope for the day when u don't see any of this its just not going to happen.

Society has bad people in it, the NFL's no different

broncoslover115
05-31-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm not saying your wrong or its acceptable, but if you expect/hope for the day when u don't see any of this its just not going to happen.

Society has bad people in it, the NFL's no different

Don't I know it. I mean, I work in the field after all. I guess you could say my biggest beef is that I'd really like to see more accountability for once. Moreso from the criminal justice system first. These guys continue to get a slap on the wrist and then we wonder why they continue to reoffend.

And then the NFL continues to give these guys jobs when some of them should not be allowed on the field. I mean, how many chances should a guy like Ray McDonald be given? I knew he was going to reoffend. Why? Because he had zero consequences from either the criminal justice system or the NFL.

It was completely predictable that this guy would act out in some violent way. Why? No consequence. So while we may not eradicate violent behavior, we don't need to keep making it so easy for guys like these to keep getting away with it.

But the bottom line for me has always been to adopt a stance of resistance rather than acquiesce to a stance of inevitability.

And honestly, the world becomes a really scary place for women if we do acquiesce. It already is but without the hope of effecting some kind of change,...any change....now THAT really scares the crap out of me. I just can't live like that.

#24 Next Champ
06-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Some people are just absolutely worthless...life is life, I don't care if it's human or not...I could watch that dude die and I wouldn't care